PDA

View Full Version : All NBA team voting isn't up to par

4milesperday
05-04-2013, 09:47 AM
Mark Heisler: This just in: Marc Gasol becomes first #NBA DPOY not to make either first or second All-Defense team. Nice job, DPOY voters Twitter @MarkHeisler

Marc Gasol is the DPOY but didn't crack 1st or 2nd all NBA defensive team, how is that even possible It seems to me that voters are biased when voting for all NBA teams especially considering Wade didn't even get in 1st team over Kobe even when he clearly outplayed Kobe in 06, 09, 10 and 11

John Walls Era
05-04-2013, 09:57 AM
Im assuming one of them is Duncan, but not sure who the other one might be.

alexander_37
05-04-2013, 10:13 AM
:laugh: nblola

kdspurman
05-04-2013, 11:04 AM
this shouldn't be surprising. Just look at how the DPOY voting went in general (After Marc) I've just grown accustomed to expecting some head scratching decisions.

Big Zo
05-04-2013, 11:29 AM
Tyson Chandler didn't make the defensive first team last year.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-04-2013, 11:58 AM
Probably Noah or Chandler. Kobe probably made one of the teams again lol.

kdspurman
05-04-2013, 12:16 PM

I don't think Noah or Chandler would make it over Duncan this year, but could totally see Kobe making it. Wouldn't even be surprised if Dwight did lol

THE MTL
05-04-2013, 12:36 PM
Dwight Howard is probi on the first team. And either Noah/Chandler/Duncan probi made the second team over Gasol.

Avenged
05-04-2013, 12:43 PM
What a joke. Best C in the league gets snubbed.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-04-2013, 12:56 PM
I don't think Noah or Chandler would make it over Duncan this year, but could totally see Kobe making it. Wouldn't even be surprised if Dwight did lol

I was just answering his question on who the other one could be.

waveycrockett
05-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Def Duncan and Noah

kdspurman
05-04-2013, 01:14 PM
I was just answering his question on who the other one could be.

Ah my bad... Misread

Nats_vcu-Okc35
05-04-2013, 01:56 PM
Well that makes sense. :facepalm:

I know it probably wasn't LARRY SANDERS!!, but he deserves mention as a possibility, for at least 2nd team.

His defense inside 5ft is the stuff Sloan conferences are made of.

Blitzbolt
05-04-2013, 01:58 PM
As Grizz fan I don't care now if they put Tony Allen on the first I'm gonna go crazy.

naps
05-04-2013, 02:15 PM
All NBA teams have been a joke for the last decade. Deserving players don't get in there. A lot of players go by name, franchise, past, and popularity. No surprise.

slaker619
05-04-2013, 02:39 PM
That does seem ******** !

tredigs
05-04-2013, 02:56 PM
Jesus, I hope it wasn't Dwight that made it in front of him. I really need to heed my own preaching and stop listing how many All NBA or All Defensive teams players were awarded as part of a comparison of legacies.

b@llhog24
05-04-2013, 04:49 PM
As Grizz fan I don't care now if they put Tony Allen on the first I'm gonna go crazy.

It may be too late for that.

jerellh528
05-04-2013, 06:23 PM
All awards in the nba are a joke, MVP, dpoy, all nba team selections, etc. The only true accolade us as fans can rely on being unbiased and not stupid is championship rings.

Chronz
05-04-2013, 06:26 PM
All NBA or All defense? Different voters for one, the other is more than just defense oriented

LayBraun
05-04-2013, 06:33 PM
This is how Kobe became one of the most overrated defenders in the history of the game so it doesn't surprise me.

DallasTrilla23
05-04-2013, 06:42 PM

Shoot, Knowing these voters, don't be suprised to see Dwight on there

Chronz
05-04-2013, 06:52 PM

Shoot, Knowing these voters, don't be suprised to see Dwight on there
Does anyone know whos voting? I have a hard time believing its really the coaches

TornadoOfSouls
05-04-2013, 07:01 PM
What a joke. Best C in the league gets snubbed.

First of all, he's not the best C in the league. Second, the DPOY voting isn't any more credible than the ALL-NBA team voting(former is done by journalists, latter by coaches). DPOY has been a joke ever since Camby won it. Even worse is seeing Ibaka finish second all the time. The All-Defensive teams aren't great either(Kobe making it every year - lol).

But yeah, I'm not surprised Gasol didn't make it. His numbers aren't all that impressive. Seems like one journalist decided to dub him DPOY(Zack Lowe of ESPN probably) and everybody else decided to run with it.

Avenged
05-04-2013, 07:33 PM
First of all, he's not the best C in the league. Second, the DPOY voting isn't any more credible than the ALL-NBA team voting(former is done by journalists, latter by coaches). DPOY has been a joke ever since Camby won it. Even worse is seeing Ibaka finish second all the time. The All-Defensive teams aren't great either(Kobe making it every year - lol).

But yeah, I'm not surprised Gasol didn't make it. His numbers aren't all that impressive. Seems like one journalist decided to dub him DPOY(Zack Lowe of ESPN probably) and everybody else decided to run with it.

who is the best c.

BigCityofDreams
05-04-2013, 07:36 PM
This is how Kobe became one of the most overrated defenders in the history of the game so it doesn't surprise me.

What does him not making it have to do with Kobe

BigCityofDreams
05-04-2013, 07:37 PM
Does anyone know whos voting? I have a hard time believing its really the coaches

Why would you have a hard time believing that?

LayBraun
05-04-2013, 07:42 PM
What does him not making it have to do with Kobe

It shows the incredible bias that goes along with these selections. Kobe has been named to how many all defensive teams when there were more deserving players?!? Too many is the answer. Thus it just reaffirms that the selection process is biased and inconsistent when it comes to awarding the most deserving players.

TornadoOfSouls
05-04-2013, 07:46 PM
who is the best c.

It's certainly not Marc. lol at averaging 14 ppg on sub-50%. He can't even break the 50% mark on a low-volume usage, and he has Z-Bo next to him getting a lot of defensive attention from opposing teams. He's also a mediocre rebounder considering his height. The only things he does exceptionally well are play defense and pass.

zn23
05-04-2013, 08:00 PM

The anticipation as to whether Kobe made any of the teams is killing me.

Marc Gasol should have made 2nd team at least...

zn23
05-04-2013, 08:01 PM
It's certainly not Marc. lol at averaging 14 ppg on sub-50%. He can't even break the 50% mark on a low-volume usage, and he has Z-Bo next to him getting a lot of defensive attention from opposing teams. He's also a mediocre rebounder considering his height. The only things he does exceptionally well are play defense and pass.

Leads all bigmen in WS/48 with 0.197... He's certainly legit.

BigCityofDreams
05-04-2013, 08:17 PM
It shows the incredible bias that goes along with these selections. Kobe has been named to how many all defensive teams when there were more deserving players?!? Too many is the answer. Thus it just reaffirms that the selection process is biased and inconsistent when it comes to awarding the most deserving players.

The same happens it every sport. Look at have many players get GG awards and they don;t deserve it. It's messed up but no need to go too crazy about it.

Chronz
05-04-2013, 08:29 PM
His FG% ignores the .7 turnovers hes averaging, hes also making 5.2 free throws a game, that bumps his TS% to a more respectable number. Then you consider his assist rate and offensive rebounding, and his overall offensive rating is in that coveted 120 area. Hes been VERY efficient offensively and then you factor in hes arguably the best defender in the game, and you got yourself a mighty fine case statistically/subjectively.

Who else is better?

LakersMaster24
05-04-2013, 08:38 PM
Waiting until this turns into a Kobe v Wade battle.

BirdIsTheWord
05-04-2013, 09:21 PM
I don't get why the players don't vote for these things. If I were a player receiving an award my peers voted on it would feel a little more special than if the voters were writers or who ever.

Avenged
05-04-2013, 09:40 PM
who is the best c.

Ok. So who is it?

John Walls Era
05-05-2013, 12:11 AM

Chandler doesn't deserve it.

naps
05-05-2013, 02:43 AM
Waiting until this turns into a Kobe v Wade battle.

Congratulation! You started it here...insecure minds always do it first ;)

Well if Kobe is makes any defensive team over Wade it's a travesty. But I think people got used to this travesty since 2008.

~Iggy~
05-05-2013, 07:32 AM
Congratulation! You started it here...insecure minds always do it first ;)

Well if Kobe is makes any defensive team over Wade it's a travesty. But I think people got used to this travesty since 2008.

Yeah, these All-NBA teams have been a joke for years now. It doesn't even matter what actually happens during the season. It's no different then when fans voted in Allen Iverson and Yao Ming into the all-star team a couple of years ago. Same s**t different name.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-05-2013, 10:02 PM
Do they ask the same people? If they do, how the hell can you have 2 different results.

Edit: Just realized head coaches vote. No wonder they have stupid results with All defensive teams. They need to have the same people vote for all awards. So have the analyst, broadcasters, etc.

JordansBulls
05-06-2013, 09:21 AM
This is what happens when you have two different groups of people voting. One has the media, one has coaches.