PDA

View Full Version : So What are Cp3 Options?

Dade County
05-04-2013, 12:41 AM
I've been saying this for a while now... If Cp3 got bounced out of the playoffs in the 1sr round, he is gone; sooooooooo.

OceanSpray
05-04-2013, 12:42 AM
Find Howard asap. These two guys have been destined to play with each other. It's inevitable and if it doesn't happen, what a disappointment. This lob city thing with Blake isn't going to work anymore. Good for show, terrible against elite teams.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2013, 12:44 AM
Dade are you down for a ban bet? If CP3 leaves... I leave this forum forever. If he stays, you leave forever.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2013, 12:44 AM
Unlike Howard who called this season a nightmare... CP3 had a great year, loved his teammates and HE hand picked the roster himself. They fell to a 56 win CONTENDER. Not like they lost to a scrub team or something. No doubt disappointing but Memphis is obviously no joke..

Dade County
05-04-2013, 12:48 AM
Dade are you down for a ban bet? If CP3 leaves... I leave this forum forever. If he stays, you leave forever.

Sorry, but no... I have been the lone voice that has been saying that Cp3 & Howard will locate; I just want to be proven right.

But if i am wrong, I can look back in 15yrs and say, these two guys had the skills and the talents to win a championship, but they never did, just like Iverson; and all because they wouldn't put themselves in the right situation.

OceanSpray
05-04-2013, 12:50 AM
Unlike Howard who called this season a nightmare... CP3 had a great year, loved his teammates and HE hand picked the roster himself. They fell to a 56 win CONTENDER. Not like they lost to a scrub team or something. No doubt disappointing but Memphis is obviously no joke..

CP3 always has a great year. Playing with Blake is a huge liability. I mean c'mon, Randolph dominated Blake like a child. Blake only dunks on no name players. He can't do anything when he's roughed up. CP3 needs a legitimate team. It was painful watching CP3 in the bench while Blake tries to do a LeBron impersonation.

Dade County
05-04-2013, 12:51 AM

I agree with everything you just said... But this doesn't change the fact that the Clippers will always be the Clippers.

And I would like Cp3 to get a ring, and history has proven that this organization will never win one ( lol, okay never say never...lmao )

More-Than-Most
05-04-2013, 12:52 AM
I would stay. Its LA and they have a good young team. Not sure why he would leave really. If he went with dwight it would have to be out of LA and I am not sure both could go to a better team than the clippers currently are.

JJ_JKidd
05-04-2013, 12:53 AM
CP3 been lobbing and flopping throughout his entire career and has produced nothing so far!

Ryan328
05-04-2013, 12:55 AM
He's staying

Clippersfan86
05-04-2013, 12:56 AM
I agree with everything you just said... But this doesn't change the fact that the Clippers will always be the Clippers.

And I would like Cp3 to get a ring, and history has proven that this organization will never win one ( lol, okay never say never...lmao )

Things are obviously improving man, have faith. Just 3 years ago we were a 32 win lotto team. Now two straight years in the playoffs and breaking franchise records left and right. It's a process.

Chronz
05-04-2013, 12:56 AM
Depends, Blake is still a terrific prospect, talented and hardworking. The only other big with that kind of potential is back in New Orleans, doubt he gos there.

Do you think he buys the stuff that Magic tells him, about having his own statue some day? I think he does but Im biased.

If hes gone, I would hope we can get a decent return for him.

Chronz
05-04-2013, 12:57 AM
CP3 been lobbing and flopping throughout his entire career and has produced nothing so far!

He can always J-Kidd his way to a ring. Maybe even start beating on women.

Chronz
05-04-2013, 12:58 AM
Blake+DJ for Pau+Dwight..... CP3 stays

Sadds The Gr8
05-04-2013, 12:58 AM
Nowhere else to go so I see him staying. Gotta modify the team though...

get rid of VDN, Billups, DJ and maybe Tough Juice. They should be able to upgrade those spots

Raps18-19 Champ
05-04-2013, 12:59 AM
Go to the Rockets. Team up with Harden and have a flop contest between the 2.

JJ_JKidd

Lol explain meaning what? NBA not about players personal lives. Youve been watching too much reality tv rofl

OceanSpray

And Kobe will leave.

goingfor28
05-04-2013, 01:00 AM
He's not going anywhere. He will re sign for the max in LA. He won't let $30mil go, and nowhere else has the talent.
Far as Dwight, Dude has zero motivation. He won't leave Blake.
Chris will hand pick the new coach and fill out the roster. PG/GM.
Kind of obvious to me

Dade County
05-04-2013, 01:02 AM
Things are obviously improving man, have faith. Just 3 years ago we were a 32 win lotto team. Now two straight years in the playoffs and breaking franchise records left and right. It's a process.

True...

But you don't think that the Clippers have to make some big moves?

1st the Coach... Then getting another player in their that is better the Blake.

ThunderousDemon
05-04-2013, 01:03 AM
He's probably going to stay with the Clippers, but Donald Sterling has a way of ****ing things up.

tredigs
05-04-2013, 01:07 AM
Feel bad for Cp3 to a point. This level of genius needs to team up with another top 5-8 player and battle for titles. Hopefully Blake gets there soon.

b@llhog24
05-04-2013, 01:07 AM
He'll take the minimum and sign with the Heat. #discounted

Clippersfan86
05-04-2013, 01:08 AM
True...

But you don't think that the Clippers have to make some big moves?

1st the Coach... Then getting another player in their that is better the Blake.

I think it's what's after Blake that's the problem. Blake's a fine 2nd star. Only the Heat, Thunder and Lakers have two bonafide all stars/superstars. It's not like this situation is common. We have 3 worthless starters in DJ, Butler and Billups and I think DJ and Billups will be replaced. So yes I don't think it's all coaching change.

b@llhog24
05-04-2013, 01:09 AM
Feel bad for Cp3 to a point. This level of genius needs to team up with another top 5-8 player and battle for titles. Hopefully Blake gets there soon.

Probably have to go to Houston to accomplish that.

Chronz
05-04-2013, 01:10 AM
Lol explain meaning what? NBA not about players personal lives. Youve been watching too much reality tv rofl
So what are your thoughts on Kidd? Did most of his career mean nothing until he won a ring well past his prime?

LongWayFromHome
05-04-2013, 01:11 AM

Remember that J-Kidd went to back-to-back finals in his prime as the best player on his team running into 2 dynasty squads.

DallasTrilla23
05-04-2013, 01:12 AM

To be fair tho, Those records weren't that high to begin with.

Chill_Will_24
I hear Jerry Sloan is itching for a return. A CP3/Griffin combo coached by Jerry Sloan could be special.

If they hired Sloan Paul would stay for sure. Look what Sloan did for Deron. I drool at what he would do for Paul

Chronz
And Kobe will leave.
Yea but would LA prioritize an injured 36 year old and pass at the chance at keeping a budding star whos already locked up?

I think its really up to Dwight. If he gives any inclination that hes bolting, Im sure they would love that kind of package. I just dont know if its legal.

tredigs
05-04-2013, 01:16 AM
Probably have to go to Houston to accomplish that.

That would give them 4 15+ million dollar guys in 14/15 with the oddities of Lin's contract. They'd do it and eat the bill on salary that year then just dump lin I suppose. Parson's deal saves their *** there for at least 2 of the years.

It would be an interesting team with the 2 best players at PG/SG. Wouldn't mind seeing it, but it's fun seeing him as a Clipper. I just wish they did different ownership/coaching.

JeffG20
05-04-2013, 01:16 AM
I hear Jerry Sloan is itching for a return. A CP3/Griffin combo coached by Jerry Sloan could be special.

If they hired Sloan Paul would stay for sure. Look what Sloan did for Deron. I drool at what he would do for Paul

if that doesn't happened, Byron Scott could be an option

Dade County
05-04-2013, 01:17 AM
Does anyone think, if the Clippers make that trade for Kg, the Clippers would have made it out of the 1st rd? (I don't)

DallasTrilla23
05-04-2013, 01:17 AM
I doubt many players and good coaches will wanna go to LA unless they know CP3 is already signed and CP3 is probably gonna wait to see what moves the Clippers

Chronz
05-04-2013, 01:20 AM
Remember that J-Kidd went to back-to-back finals in his prime as the best player on his team running into 2 dynasty squads.
So who sets the barometer for accomplishing something? Whats so impressive about beating a bunch of 40 win teams?
Remember how weak the east was? Back then barely getting 49-52 wins against crap competition was considered good enough to be a contender, is that really more impressive than winning 56 wins against competition that could actually fight back?

Chronz
05-04-2013, 01:22 AM
Does anyone think, if the Clippers make that trade for Kg, the Clippers would have made it out of the 1st rd? (I don't)

Give CP3 just 1 bigman who can hit an open jumper, and he would make the most of it. Then factor in that KG would alleviate the massive problem we had defending the interior, its hard not to picture the dividends

TheTreys
05-04-2013, 01:22 AM
Knicks anybody ? Lol

LakersIn5
05-04-2013, 01:23 AM
cp3 and dwight with the lakers had stern not vetoed the trade

DillyDill
05-04-2013, 01:24 AM
Even as a laker fan I would love to see cp3 and Superman team up somewhere. That point guard-center duo would be deadly

Clippersfan86
05-04-2013, 01:26 AM
I doubt many players and good coaches will wanna go to LA unless they know CP3 is already signed and CP3 is probably gonna wait to see what moves the Clippers

Even WITHOUT CP3 which is unlikely to be the case... it's the most attractive job out there. Bobcats, Cleveland, Detroit etc vs the Clippers with Griffin+CP3?

strokeman
05-04-2013, 01:30 AM
Lakers can Afford CP3 and D12, and remember LA tried to get CP3 and almost had him too. Kobe is just about done, Lakers don't rebuild they restock/reload!
Pau is most likely gone, that's more $ for LAL to entice both CP3 and D12.
time will tell.

Vinny642
05-04-2013, 01:30 AM
Its funny when CP was in NO, I wanted Dwight too(he was my second favorite player at the time)

Now I hate both of them

DoMeFavors
05-04-2013, 01:35 AM
Clippers are going to lose a few free agents due to not being able to pay them, to get better they are going to have to do trades. Id try and trade Caron/Jordan. I dont see Billups resigning.

ThunderousDemon
05-04-2013, 01:36 AM
DoMeFavors has spoken.

Mods, you can now close this thread.

sharqstealth
05-04-2013, 01:55 AM
A virus has entered

DallasTrilla23
05-04-2013, 02:04 AM
Even WITHOUT CP3 which is unlikely to be the case... it's the most attractive job out there. Bobcats, Cleveland, Detroit etc vs the Clippers with Griffin+CP3?

Even if it is the best coaching job available, the more established coaches like Sloan and SVG aren't coming back to coach for that team without CP3 and I don't think you guys want a guy like Brian Shaw.

JJ_JKidd
05-04-2013, 02:07 AM
So what are your thoughts on Kidd? Did most of his career mean nothing until he won a ring well past his prime?

Oh assist, steals, triple doubles, other records and 2 Olympic gold mean nothing? And whats with winning past a players prime got to do with actually winning a Championship when he started and was instrumental to that '11 Championship? Oh I get it, you a fan of the Chris Flop alright

Till Paul wins a Chip and stops his flopping ways I suggest you stop quoting my posts so you wont look dumb.

JJ_JKidd
05-04-2013, 02:09 AM
So who sets the barometer for accomplishing something? Whats so impressive about beating a bunch of 40 win teams?
Remember how weak the east was? Back then barely getting 49-52 wins against crap competition was considered good enough to be a contender, is that really more impressive than winning 56 wins against competition that could actually fight back?

Kidd's team was way weaker than most of the teams in the East at that time lol

Kidd
Kittles
Van Horn
KMart
MacCoullough
Collins

lol who else?

kingkenny01
05-04-2013, 02:19 AM
I think cp3 will probably sign back with the clippers,but I came up with an idea that would never happen in a million years but what if, Bulls amnesty Boozer, Derrick rose moves to the two spot, and the chris paul becomes the point. That team would be very interesting at the least. Almost like a vastly better version of Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis.

smith&wesson
05-04-2013, 02:26 AM
s&t d.h for Bledsoe & Jordan plus fillers

Pierre The Poet
05-04-2013, 02:29 AM

I don't see how Chris Paul's year was any better than Howard's...at the end of the day they both got bounced out of the first round, after all that "We're taking over LA" talk, it ended with the same result

rocket
05-04-2013, 02:36 AM
Pistons boy

ragee
05-04-2013, 02:37 AM
Team up with Dwight and go to Dallas... :drool:

Pierre The Poet
05-04-2013, 02:38 AM
Yea but would LA prioritize an injured 36 year old and pass at the chance at keeping a budding star whos already locked up?

I think its really up to Dwight. If he gives any inclination that hes bolting, Im sure they would love that kind of package. I just dont know if its legal.

Dwight ain't goin nowhere

Pierre The Poet
05-04-2013, 02:38 AM
Team up with Dwight and go to Dallas... :drool:

To play with old *** Dirk? I doubt it

kobe4thewinbang
05-04-2013, 02:41 AM
To play with old *** Dirk? I doubt itD12 + CP3 + DIRK? Mark Cuban would cream his pants!

Pierre The Poet
05-04-2013, 02:41 AM
If I was a star player, I'd never ever ever eva eva go play for Dallas...For Mark Cuban to basically let his championship team go like that is just ridiculous....you go thru this long process of trades and rebuilding and chemistry to get to that point where you can contend, and then u win a championship, and Mark Cuban lets them all go because he HOPES he can get a star player...even if he would've gotten a Deron Williams it doesn't mean they would've been better...I'd never want to play for someone that won't even give me a chance

Chronz
05-04-2013, 02:42 AM
Oh assist, steals, triple doubles, other records and 2 Olympic gold mean nothing?
LMFAO, CP3 has 2 gold medals too. How come you say he did nothing? And when it comes to stats, CP3 takes a dump on Kidd so do you really want to go there?

And whats with winning past a players prime got to do with actually winning a Championship when he started and was instrumental to that '11 Championship? Oh I get it, you a fan of the Chris Flop alright
Im a fan of logic/consistency. You're not showing any is my point. Of course Kidd was instrumental, but I wouldn't say he did nothing without it. I will always remember Kidd most for his Net days, not for winning a chip when he was no longer in his prime.

Till Paul wins a Chip and stops his flopping ways I suggest you stop quoting my posts so you wont look dumb.

LOL so why does CP3 have to win a chip but all Kidd had to do was put up inferior stats and win medals against inferior comp? Yet you think I look dumb?

Again, if you think Kidd's career was meaningless before that chip, then I wouldn't care what you think. Just try to be consistent.

Pierre The Poet
05-04-2013, 02:43 AM
D12 + CP3 + DIRK? Mark Cuban would cream his pants!

Dwight is staying with us!

Chronz
05-04-2013, 02:45 AM
Kidd's team was way weaker than most of the teams in the East at that time lol

Kidd
Kittles
Van Horn
KMart
MacCoullough
Collins

lol who else?
Cool? How come you didn't mention RJ? Is this suppose to change anything I said? How come you consider context when it comes to Kidd, but CP3 doesn't get the same treatment?

KingstonHawke
05-04-2013, 02:57 AM
CP3 is staying put. If anything Dwight might head there in a sign and trade for Jordan and Butler.

Cal827
05-04-2013, 03:01 AM
Just to appease Dade County: Find Howard, both agree to accept the vet min, go to Miami, create the psycho-team, gain titles :D

lol, but on a more serious point, the guys seem destined to join together. Hell, their playoffs concluded in the same way, ejection lol

I think Paul would be better staying in LAC with new Coach (assuming they go get some decent players for Bledsoe like Pierce or KG).... but I wouldn't exactly be shocked if he joined Howard in Houston, Dallas or Atlanta, assuming that the teams are able to dump salary and take 2 max deals. They lose 30 million in the deal, but they will likely pay less taxes if they choose to move to the South and are already chalked with dough due to their sponsors anyways lol

amos1er
05-04-2013, 03:02 AM
Hopefully he signs with the Lakers for less $$$. Would be justice for Stern's blatant robbery.

amos1er
05-04-2013, 03:04 AM
CP3 is staying put. If anything Dwight might head there in a sign and trade for Jordan and Butler.

Would never happen. Teams rarely trade within their own conference, let alone their own division. Why would the Lakers be stupid enough to want to make the Clips an instant contender. lmao at this trade. Even Jim Buss isn't that stupid and thats saying a lot.

KniCks4LiFe
05-04-2013, 03:05 AM
be a man, finish what you are starting in LA. Clippers fans deserve that much.

kobe4thewinbang
05-04-2013, 03:05 AM
CP3 is staying put. If anything Dwight might head there in a sign and trade for Jordan and Butler.You think the Lakers are that high on cocaine? They already had Butler once, and Jordan has no offensive game whatsoever.

JamesBond
05-04-2013, 03:09 AM

Just like the Heat will revert back to the Heat. Ronald Fred anyone?

DumDum
05-04-2013, 03:12 AM
He's done the whole stay with the team thing though thick an thin it's time for Paul Stick out his chest and win a ring and prove that he is the best point guard in today's NBA

Pierre The Poet
05-04-2013, 03:15 AM
I just wanna see Kobe and Chris Paul on the same team

Pierre The Poet
05-04-2013, 03:17 AM
He's done the whole stay with the team thing though thick an thin it's time for Paul Stick out his chest and win a ring and prove that he is the best point guard in today's NBA

He's already proven that

b@llhog24
05-04-2013, 03:30 AM
That would give them 4 15+ million dollar guys in 14/15 with the oddities of Lin's contract. They'd do it and eat the bill on salary that year then just dump lin I suppose. Parson's deal saves their *** there for at least 2 of the years.

It would be an interesting team with the 2 best players at PG/SG. Wouldn't mind seeing it, but it's fun seeing him as a Clipper. I just wish they did different ownership/coaching.

Agreed. Personally I like seeing those two guys running their own show. Just stating what it would take based on the landscape of the Nba seeing as 2-3 players (Curry,Paul,Parker give or take) in the top 8 are PGs.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-04-2013, 03:49 AM
Would never happen. Teams rarely trade within their own conference, let alone their own division. Why would the Lakers be stupid enough to want to make the Clips an instant contender. lmao at this trade. Even Jim Buss isn't that stupid and thats saying a lot.

What do you mean? The Lakers traded with the Suns, who are in the same division. The Clippers traded with the Hornets, who are in the same conference.

Also, Buss hired both Mike Brown and Mike D'Antoni. I think you are overrating Jim Buss' intelligence there.

lol, please
05-04-2013, 04:07 AM
Take less money and play for a contender. He will come to the Warriors for Klay, Beans, and Ezeli.

ragee
05-04-2013, 04:12 AM
To play with old *** Dirk? I doubt it

To play with old Dirk who is still very capable and is willing to step down as the man as compared to an alienating old Kobe? Yes. But its up to CP3... The only way we can get Dwight is if we can get Paul as well. Easier said than done though. At least I still have a few months to hope. Lol

ragee
05-04-2013, 04:18 AM

Can teams teams still do sign and trade? I am not certain but I think I read somewhere that the new CBA has prevented that kinds of deal...

JJ_JKidd
05-04-2013, 04:22 AM
LMFAO, CP3 has 2 gold medals too. How come you say he did nothing? And when it comes to stats, CP3 takes a dump on Kidd so do you really want to go there?

Im a fan of logic/consistency. You're not showing any is my point. Of course Kidd was instrumental, but I wouldn't say he did nothing without it. I will always remember Kidd most for his Net days, not for winning a chip when he was no longer in his prime.

LOL so why does CP3 have to win a chip but all Kidd had to do was put up inferior stats and win medals against inferior comp? Yet you think I look dumb?

Again, if you think Kidd's career was meaningless before that chip, then I wouldn't care what you think. Just try to be consistent.

Lol you're the one who brought up Kidd's non-basketball related stuff when it clearly does not define a player's career. And think what you want re JKidd winning a Chip past his prime bec I dont really care as long as he was instrumental to that team.

And you said what? Winning medals against inferior competition? Why then did they revamp the whole USAB program when all other intl teams are inferior?

JJ_JKidd
05-04-2013, 04:24 AM
Cool? How come you didn't mention RJ? Is this suppose to change anything I said? How come you consider context when it comes to Kidd, but CP3 doesn't get the same treatment?

oh RJ the rookie you mean? wheres he now? Forgive me I dont know where RJ is now. So if you count him as a star, a SOMEONE in that Nets crap roster, and he is nowhere to be found now then I think theres something wrong.

DreamShaker
05-04-2013, 05:01 AM

That would be a good fit, if it happened. The Clippers have a recent habit of hanging onto coaches too long, though. I remember people calling for Dunleavy to be fired...and then they made him GM. It is no secret that Sterling has the reputation of being an awful owner. I could totally see VDN staying until after things collapse to the point of no return. Not quite there yet.

NYKalltheway
05-04-2013, 08:10 AM
Atlanta with D12, Horford and Josh Smith...

JordansBulls
05-04-2013, 08:53 AM
And Kobe will leave.

If Dwight leaves LA I see no reason for Kobe to continue playing.

east fb knicks
05-04-2013, 09:44 AM
Look for cp3 to sign a two year ext so he can become a fa with the likes of lebron melo etc .I think this will happen because cp3 has no other options available. cp3 and harden = bad fit dallas is also a bad fit with an aging dirk and the clippers can't even make it out the first round. I just don't see how he can resign with the clips for max years and never win a title but I can see him resigning for two years telling the front office to make some big changes or else im gone

HouRealCoach
05-04-2013, 09:49 AM
Dwight goes to Houston & CP3 goes back to LAC
or
They team up in Houston, the best moves winning wise

Clippersfan86
05-04-2013, 10:00 AM

Chris Paul is the one who hand picked half our roster and vouched for Vinny to stay one more year. So if he *****es out now despite progress every year and being a contender he's a loser I'll have no respect for.

Dade County
05-04-2013, 10:16 AM

But he didn't start it... he was traded their; and the only way he could really get out of the N.O, was to not opt out of his finally year... Just like Howard, Cp3 owes noting to the team ( free agent ).

I wish posters would stop acting like these players owe these teams anything ( Howard & Cp3 got traded to these teams, they didn't go out and tell their former organizations, to send me to L.A ).

Dade County
05-04-2013, 10:25 AM
Just to appease Dade County: Find Howard, both agree to accept the vet min, go to Miami, create the psycho-team, gain titles :D

Stay out of my sick head....lmao

lol, but on a more serious point, the guys seem destined to join together. Hell, their playoffs concluded in the same way, ejection lol

I agree... Noting is going to stop them from playing with each other now... Only force I see interfering with this duo, is a mythical overlord call the Pat.

I heard he is surrounded by a ever lasting, HEAT... :laugh2:

I think Paul would be better staying in LAC with new Coach (assuming they go get some decent players for Bledsoe like Pierce or KG).... but I wouldn't exactly be shocked if he joined Howard in Houston, Dallas or Atlanta, assuming that the teams are able to dump salary and take 2 max deals. They lose 30 million in the deal, but they will likely pay less taxes if they choose to move to the South and are already chalked with dough due to their sponsors anyways lol

Only super team, I see making any kind of sense is if they both join Houston ( because harden is already their.

Or... Howard finding his way to OKC (sign & trade)

And we all know where Cp3 will end up, if he can't join Howard and if he doesn't resign with the Clips.

Dade County
05-04-2013, 10:28 AM
Chris Paul is the one who hand picked half our roster and vouched for Vinny to stay one more year. So if he *****es out now despite progress every year and being a contender he's a loser I'll have no respect for.

So he shouldn't have said anything, while under contract with the Clips? Come on man, please don't be one of those fans that hates freegents super stars/stars.

He was traded to your team, he never came out and said, traded me to the clippers, that wear i want to be... So please don't start to point hate his direction, if he does sign somewhere else.

Dade County
05-04-2013, 10:33 AM
Look for cp3 to sign a two year ext so he can become a fa with the likes of lebron melo etc .I think this will happen because cp3 has no other options available. cp3 and harden = bad fit dallas is also a bad fit with an aging dirk and the clippers can't even make it out the first round. I just don't see how he can resign with the clips for max years and never win a title but I can see him resigning for two years telling the front office to make some big changes or else im gone

The winner... i didn't think about this; in my super team craze, ( i likes the super team thingy :drunk: ) I didn't factor in that Cp3 might position himself to play with his brothers, when they are all free agents.

:clap:

MagicBucsSox
05-04-2013, 10:39 AM
I'm telling you now he's gonna do whatever to get to the Knicks

cssdmark
05-04-2013, 10:49 AM
We need to figure out how to make that toast at Melo's wedding happen. He needs to go to New York. Paul, Melo and Chandler vs Wade, Lebron and Bosh.

Gators123
05-04-2013, 10:49 AM
Let me dream...

CP3
Tony Allen
Shabazz
Monroe
Drummond

:drool:

Dade County
05-04-2013, 10:56 AM
We need to figure out how to make that toast at Melo's wedding happen. He needs to go to New York. Paul, Melo and Chandler vs Wade, Lebron and Bosh.

I think that pretty disrespectful, the chandler vs Bosh thing. Chandler doesn't belong ( but a very very good defender ).

I wanted this lineup in Orlando.

Cp3
Melo
Howard

sportscrazed
05-04-2013, 10:57 AM
I will say this, I personally don't know if the Knicks can somehow get him but I really think he will try to do whatever he can to go to New York. Too much history of blatantly saying he wants to play for the knicks someday with melo.

kdspurman
05-04-2013, 11:02 AM
Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 4 May
Also hearing there's a legit chance CP3 doesn't sign there now. It's wide-open. They'd have to hire a coach he likes, and even then...

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 4 May
PS: Nobody is more excited about my last tweet than @mcuban and @swish41 ... Because they know CP3 is in play now. And wants a real coach.

Let the rumors begin... I don't know where Bill heard this from so soon considering Paul just finished, but I guess we'll see

StriveGreatness
05-04-2013, 11:12 AM
Chris Paul would be so sick with Drummond and Monroe :drool:

But it won't happen :(

Clippersfan86
05-04-2013, 11:24 AM
Let the rumors begin... I don't know where Bill heard this from so soon considering Paul just finished, but I guess we'll see

Bill Simmons is the same guy who said Blake and CP3 hate each other right BEFORE they ran off 17 straight wins and talked in a lengthy interview about being extremely close. He's also the guy that said the Clippers would win 45 games max. In other words... Bill is a douchebag and rarely right in his analysis, predictions. He's great at writing articles but when it comes to analyzing current games live and making predictions he's atrocious.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2013, 11:26 AM
So he shouldn't have said anything, while under contract with the Clips? Come on man, please don't be one of those fans that hates freegents super stars/stars.

He was traded to your team, he never came out and said, traded me to the clippers, that wear i want to be... So please don't start to point hate his direction, if he does sign somewhere else.

I don't think you understand the situation very well. Unlike Lebron who had no help and no future with the roster Cleveland put in place.. the Clippers have continued to build, add good pieces and give Paul say in everything since day one. They have improved dramatically BOTH years CP3's been here. Paul personally picked about 6 players on the team now. So if he's mad because he lost with players HE WANTED fu** him. It's not the same situation as Lebron at all. Not to mention we give him a legit perennial all star 24 year old who's nowhere near his prime and is a great teammate and leader in his own right.

BTW CP3 did pick the Clippers. BEFORE he was even traded his wishlist was Knicks, Clippers and Lakers according to all sources. Maybe not his absolute top pick but they were definitely one of them. He had to approve any trade and even picked up his 2nd year option to join us.

kdspurman
05-04-2013, 12:08 PM
Bill Simmons is the same guy who said Blake and CP3 hate each other right BEFORE they ran off 17 straight wins and talked in a lengthy interview about being extremely close. He's also the guy that said the Clippers would win 45 games max. In other words... Bill is a douchebag and rarely right in his analysis, predictions. He's great at writing articles but when it comes to analyzing current games live and making predictions he's atrocious.

Yea... I'm seeing on twitter Paul seemed upset with his teammates and kept saying "showed up too late". Definitely understand his frustration, I guess we'll see what happens.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2013, 12:15 PM
Yea... I'm seeing on twitter Paul seemed upset with his teammates and kept saying "showed up too late". Definitely understand his frustration, I guess we'll see what happens.

CP3's the greatest competitor in the NBA right there with guys like Kobe and KG. He's going to be FUMING after a loss like this and a playoff exit. Bottom line is when you take the emotions out, it's just stupid to leave.

1. No other team can give him a 24 year old perennial all star and multiple talented pieces to contend NOW outside of Houston. Houston is nowhere near the market though and I doubt a guy leaves LA for a place like Houston. Not that Houston's a bad city but in LA he's getting INSANE exposure.

2. His wife and son are in love with LA. Read his wife's twitter and she's always going on about LA life. His son is real happy here as well, I doubt he moves his son and wife yet again 2 years later.

3. CP3's endorsements and exposure are at an all time high.

4. The Clippers can pay him an extra year worth about 30 mill a year that nobody else can. So when those knees inevitably go.. he's got more security here.

5. LA is one of the two markets he wanted in order to leave New Orleans and he got one of them, the Lakers and Knicks aren't possible so why move?

6. From day 1 our front office has shown a desire to do whatever it takes to try to win. Most active front office of any team in the NBA lately and has let CP3 hand pick a lot of these guys himself. How can you quit on what YOU built?

lakerboy
05-04-2013, 12:16 PM

Why would the Lakers trade Dwight for lake Griffin? Blake is not on the same level as him yet. He is not even on Pau Gasol-level offensively. (To be fair though, Dwight isn't close to Pau offensively) He is stiil just a young Kenyon Martin and Josh Smith. Athletic, but no superb fundamental skills or any post moves yet. He needs to make the big leap forward.

Blake is a star nonetheless, and he isn't the real problem of the Clippers. The real problem of LAC is DeAndre Jordan. He eats up all the cap and can't play jack. When you're making like $12M/year, you can't get outplayed by Matt Barnes

Odominator
05-04-2013, 12:19 PM
Hes definitely going to Miami now, with Dwight

Odominator
05-04-2013, 12:23 PM
Chandler doesn't belong? On what grounds? Because he has a limited offensive game? You can say Bosh has a limited Defensive game.

I am a subscriber to the notion that Defense wins championships. I will take 1 tyson chandler to anchor my post defense than 3 Chris Bosh to waste height and shoot 3's..

DumDum
05-04-2013, 12:24 PM
He's already proven that

the lack of champion might turn people off to chris paul and question if he really is the best PG for a team to win the big one with

Odominator
05-04-2013, 12:26 PM
Deandre Jordan is good. He can play, the only reason why he is not getting minutes down the stretch is because of his poor free throw shooting. Teams often hack-a-deandre just as they hack-a-dwight in the clutch. If deandre learns how to shoot FREE throws, he could be three times as valuable next season.

The real problem the Clippers had was Butler's and Crawford's inconsistencies. Not to mention Bledsoe being completely shut down in the entire series. Their deep bench was completely neutralized by the Grizz's defense.

THE MTL
05-04-2013, 12:41 PM
I say he stays. Clippers are still a good team and lost the playoffs to an equally good team. While it is an upset because most of us have high expectations of the Clippers, you also must remember that technically the Grizzlies were the better team and had the better record as well.

Blake Griffin has plenty of time to grow. He was 20-10 his first 2 seasons in the league. I think Clippers need to ship Deandre Jordan though. He CLEARLY isnt working on his game and is content with doing whatever he is doing now. 11+mil per year and the numbers/minutes played/bball IQ is POOR.

Either stay or force his way to the Knicks somehow :).....everyone knows NYK was always his first choice.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2013, 12:46 PM
Ship DJ for the very unhappy Gortat. Flip Bledsoe for Tyreke Evans and the Clippers suddenly have a legit starting 5. Then use MLE or draft to get their SF.

Paul
Evans
Free agent/rookie
Griffin
Gortat

Crawford and Barnes would still be carrying our bench.

Lakers Ghost
05-04-2013, 01:10 PM
he could always sign for less and go to the lakers. he is already here so he wont need to move houses and who doesnt want to play for the lakers.

Pierre The Poet
05-04-2013, 01:16 PM
What do you mean? The Lakers traded with the Suns, who are in the same division. The Clippers traded with the Hornets, who are in the same conference.

Also, Buss hired both Mike Brown and Mike D'Antoni. I think you are overrating Jim Buss' intelligence there.

The only reason that the Suns traded with the Lakers was to do Nash a favor, they obviously weren't making a business or a basketball decision

Pierre The Poet
05-04-2013, 01:26 PM
the lack of champion might turn people off to chris paul and question if he really is the best PG for a team to win the big one with

That's ridiculous, a championship is hard to get...who are the point guards for the last few champions? Mario Chalmers, Jason Kidd, Derek Fisher...he's greater than all of them

tredigs
05-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Bill Simmons is tweeting that he's hearing info that Cp3's saying there's a good chance he won't resign, and that to have a chance they need to hire a coach he likes. Take that for what it's worth.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2013, 01:30 PM
Bill Simmons is tweeting that he's hearing info that Cp3's saying there's a good chance he won't resign, and that to have a chance they need to hire a coach he likes. Take that for what it's worth.

From Bill Simmons it's worth nothing at all.

tredigs
05-04-2013, 01:34 PM
From Bill Simmons it's worth nothing at all.

I don't know, I've seen his info be pretty telling in the past. And it's not like it would be shocking in the least if that is the case. I don't think he's saying anything that is not widely speculated anyway.

I don't think he stays or should stay with VDG, and even with a new coach he likes, there's no real reason he wouldn't leave for what he believes is a better situation for him to win. Not saying I want that, but I'm sure he's very disappointed with LAC right now.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2013, 01:38 PM
I don't know, I've seen his info be pretty telling in the past. And it's not like it would be shocking in the least if that is the case. I don't think he's saying anything that is not widely speculated anyway.

I don't think he stays or should stay with VDG, and even with a new coach he likes, there's no real reason he wouldn't leave for what he believes is a better situation for him to win. Not saying I want that, but I'm sure he's very disappointed with LAC right now.

Name one situation that offers him the same huge market he wanted, another perennial all star and a lot of talent to play with and a lot of say in the direction of the organization? That doesn't even get to the massive boost to his brand/endorsements he's gotten and an extra 30 mill for a 5th year.

Like I said the ONLY threat is Houston and why would he leave LA for Houston? Atlanta is ranked the worst sports city in America last I checked and nobody gives a crap about the Hawks. Join 35 year old Dirk in Dallas? Join a lottery team and start over? Nothing makes sense. The Lakers and Knicks are a big threat BUT neither can clear the means to sign him even if they tried. Neither has an amnesty, neither can clear the cap needed. So basically he would have to take MLE to play in NY or with the Lakers.

Chronz
05-04-2013, 01:40 PM
Why would the Lakers trade Dwight for lake Griffin?
My post says it all:

You obviously rather sign him but I guarantee you this would be the best alternative.

Blake is not on the same level as him yet. He is not even on Pau Gasol-level offensively.
Are you sure? Seems like your confusing skillset with offensive impact, whats the point of all those moves when they dont produce results? Blake is on par with him passing wise as well. I know Pau has the potential but every year we get further from his golden days, the less faith I have in that guy returning, hes simply not athletic enough. Whereas a healthy Blake can find more effective ways of putting the ball in the basket. I know my teams offense would be much better off if I had Blake over Pau. Pau shot a pathetic % in post up plays, Blake was one of the better post players in the league.

(To be fair though, Dwight isn't close to Pau offensively) He is stiil just a young Kenyon Martin and Josh Smith. Athletic, but no superb fundamental skills or any post moves yet. He needs to make the big leap forward.
Nah hes far better than those guys, I would compare him more to a young Karl Malone, he didn't have many moves in his youth, but he could use his power to get you an effective pt total. Kenyon was pathetic in the post and Josh Smith is far too happy to shoot 3's. Bad comparison there. Blake has more moves than that.

Blake is a star nonetheless, and he isn't the real problem of the Clippers. The real problem of LAC is DeAndre Jordan. He eats up all the cap and can't play jack. When you're making like $12M/year, you can't get outplayed by Matt Barnes
Blake is the problem if hes not healthy.

tredigs
05-04-2013, 01:51 PM
Name one situation that offers him the same huge market he wanted, another perennial all star and a lot of talent to play with and a lot of say in the direction of the organization? That doesn't even get to the massive boost to his brand/endorsements he's gotten and an extra 30 mill for a 5th year.

Like I said the ONLY threat is Houston and why would he leave LA for Houston? Atlanta is ranked the worst sports city in America last I checked and nobody gives a crap about the Hawks. Join 35 year old Dirk in Dallas? Join a lottery team and start over? Nothing makes sense. The Lakers and Knicks are a big threat BUT neither can clear the means to sign him even if they tried. Neither has an amnesty, neither can clear the cap needed. So basically he would have to take MLE to play in NY or with the Lakers.

What it boils down to is that if he does not believe the Clippers can contend with this roster - which after this playoff run he very well may believe. Hell having a 38% FT shooting + middling Center on the books for 11mil a year is enough to put them in doubt - then he very well may bolt.

I don't see any reason why he would not play in Houston over LA as cities. Especially being that it's the Clippers and not the Lakers. It's a big market in its own right and he would be the star of the state.

Blitzbolt
05-04-2013, 01:54 PM
I'm sure Cuban in Dallas in gonna go for D12 or CP3 and maybe both the

Dade County
05-04-2013, 01:58 PM
I don't think you understand the situation very well. Unlike Lebron who had no help and no future with the roster Cleveland put in place.. the Clippers have continued to build, add good pieces and give Paul say in everything since day one. They have improved dramatically BOTH years CP3's been here. Paul personally picked about 6 players on the team now. So if he's mad because he lost with players HE WANTED fu** him. It's not the same situation as Lebron at all. Not to mention we give him a legit perennial all star 24 year old who's nowhere near his prime and is a great teammate and leader in his own right.

I have know idea why you are mentioning Lbj in this situation.

And yes Cp3 has been let in by the front office, but that doesn't mean he owes them anything now that he is a free agent.

And yes they have "improved dramatically", but this is a what have you done for me lately generation... I just don't want hate threads crated if Cp3 decides to sign somewhere else.

BTW CP3 did pick the Clippers. BEFORE he was even traded his wishlist was Knicks, Clippers and Lakers according to all sources. Maybe not his absolute top pick but they were definitely one of them.

He wanted out of the N.O, and for the trade to go through, the Clippers wanted him to pick up his 2nd year option; or they would not have made the trade.

But yes, he didn't mind going to the Clippers; but this gets back to my point he never came out and said, trade me to the clips, this is why is owes them noting.

It's all on the clippers, it's there risk.

[QUOTE=Clippersfan86;26135208]
He had to approve any trade and even picked up his 2nd year option to join us.

Isn't more like, any team trading for him had to know if he was going to be ok playing their until his contract was up? Or they wouldn't have made the trade, because NO one wants a disgruntled super star.

DoMeFavors
05-04-2013, 01:59 PM
Chris Paul should go to the Pelicans

lol, please
05-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Warriors*

Dade County
05-04-2013, 02:09 PM

Like I said the ONLY threat is Houston and why would he leave LA for Houston? Atlanta is ranked the worst sports city in America last I checked and nobody gives a crap about the Hawks. Join 35 year old Dirk in Dallas? Join a lottery team and start over? Nothing makes sense.

This is why no matter what, the Clippers shouldn't do a sign and trade... They should get a better coach and get another player in their that Cp3 has respect for, game wise.

The Lakers and Knicks are a big threat BUT neither can clear the means to sign him even if they tried. Neither has an amnesty, neither can clear the cap needed. So basically he would have to take MLE to play in NY or with the Lakers.

Lakes still do have their Amensty, if i am not mistaken.

lol, please
05-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Lakers will amnesty Kobe.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2013, 02:13 PM
Lakers even after amnestying Kobe or Gasol do not have the cap for CP3. Next year when Gasol is a free agent if they amnesty they will. Not this year though.

Bravo95
05-04-2013, 03:08 PM
Atlanta is ranked the worst sports city in America last I checked and nobody gives a crap about the Hawks.
Boy, that's a lot of talk coming from a Clippers fan. Remember, your team doesn't even have their own arena, has no hardware to speak of, and has one of the most unlikable owners in pro sports. With all due respect, it wasn't long ago that the Clippers were the undisputed laughingstock of the NBA and adding Blake hasn't gotten them any further in the playoffs than the Hawks in that same time span.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2013, 03:12 PM
Boy, that's a lot of talk coming from a Clippers fan. Remember, your team doesn't even have their own arena, has no hardware to speak of, and has one of the most unlikable owners in pro sports. With all due respect, it wasn't long ago that the Clippers were the undisputed laughingstock of the NBA and adding Blake hasn't gotten them any further in the playoffs than the Hawks in that same time span.

All irrelevant. I'm not criticizing the Hawks as a team, who have a far better history. I'm criticizing the market. See for yourself.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7429623/the-city-atlanta-worst-sports-town-america

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--broken-city--after-decades-of-disappointment--atlanta-s-fanbase-finally-believing-in-falcons-173524710.html

Can't pull up the Forbes article but it said Atlanta is the most miserable sports city in the US. Players aren't rushing to play there. Players WILL be rushing to play in LA with Griffin though.

DumDum
05-04-2013, 03:23 PM
Lakers will amnesty Kobe.

lol

JasonJohnHorn
05-04-2013, 03:23 PM
There are a few scenarios....

Firstly, the Clippers... he could stay there. There exit has as much to do with Blake's injury as anything else. With a healthy Blake they would have been in the second round no doubt. They can keep play and CP3, perhaps a coaching change (though I don't have a hate-on for VDN like some do). Or the Clippers could work a sign-and-trade with LAL for Dwight with BG as the bait, or perhaps DJ and Bledsoe... I dunno what is realistic at this point.

He could leverage a sign-and trade with a team like BK (D-Will going back to LAC). With a coaching job opening in BK, any number of coaches could be brought in, among them Phil Jackson. CP3 with BK's roster would be crazy awesome.

ATL could potentially sign CP3 and keep Josh Smith which would make a great line-up. Not sure how likely that is.

Dallas may be an option if they can bring in Dwight and CP3 to play with Drik and a solid wing guy like Marion.

I think Detroit would be a great landing spot. Some young guys like Monroe and Drummond with some nice shooters thrown in the mix and a first round pick. He could turn them into a 50+ win team and earn himself an MVP award in the process (voters will be tired of voting for LBJ next season). This one may seem unreasonable to some, but Detroit has the talent to explode, and also has an open coaching position, with which they may be able to lure Phil Jackson should they be able to land CP3.

I don't think Houston is unrealistic, but I'm not as impressed with the line-up there as I am with some other squads.

As far as sign-and-trades go, Rondo and CP3 might be interesting, but it would have been more interesting if Boston still had Allen. CP3 is in his prime and the supporting cast in Boston is aging vets.

There are a lot of option. I personally think CP3's best option is Detroit or BK.

Bravo95
05-04-2013, 03:24 PM
All irrelevant. I'm not criticizing the Hawks as a team, who have a far better history. I'm criticizing the market. See for yourself.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7429623/the-city-atlanta-worst-sports-town-america

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--broken-city--after-decades-of-disappointment--atlanta-s-fanbase-finally-believing-in-falcons-173524710.html

Can't pull up the Forbes article but it said Atlanta is the most miserable sports city in the US. Players aren't rushing to play there. Players WILL be rushing to play in LA with Griffin though.
Your argument still boils down to playing for THE CLIPPERS over these other things, everything I said is pretty much spot on. You are not the Lakers, remember that.

As far as the market: Metro Atlanta is one of the 10 largest markets in the country and nearly every pro athlete lives here in the offseason. The Falcons and Braves have had zero problems attracting/re-signing big name free agents in recent years. The Hawks problems historically have come down to ownership and GM, Stern knows that and so does anyone else with common sense. The "misery" has to do with postseason, but the Clippers don't have the edge on anybody in that category and you might as well keep that to yourself.

DumDum
05-04-2013, 03:25 PM
That's ridiculous, a championship is hard to get...who are the point guards for the last few champions? Mario Chalmers, Jason Kidd, Derek Fisher...he's greater than all of them

Still doesn't help his case

Clippersfan86
05-04-2013, 03:26 PM
Bravo Atlanta is a terrible sports city, period. The facts support that. This isn't me just attacking Hawks fans ( I have no beef with the Hawks).

Clippersfan86
05-04-2013, 03:27 PM
Jason I'm down for a S&T for Deron IF they are going to no doubt lose CP3. I'm sure CP3 will at least give us the option to sign and trade him, vs walking straight up.

Bravo95
05-04-2013, 03:43 PM

Bravo95
05-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Bravo Atlanta is a terrible sports city, period. The facts support that. This isn't me just attacking Hawks fans ( I have no beef with the Hawks).
So you had no response to my point about the Braves and Falcons attracting/retaining free agents? Or the players living here? Or that nearly every significant major college sports event is held here? Fascinating.

I have nothing against the Clippers. I'm just explaining to you that Clippers fans should know their place.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2013, 03:48 PM
So you had no response to my point about the Braves and Falcons attracting/retaining free agents? Or the players living here? Or that nearly every significant major college sports event is held here? Fascinating.

I have nothing against the Clippers. I'm just explaining to you that Clippers fans should know their place.

"Knowing your place" is irrelevant when stating something fact based when studies have been done. I'm not going to list the reasons why Atlanta is deemed a terrible sports city, I gave you article links for that reason. Read the links.

THE MTL
05-04-2013, 04:07 PM
Forget ATL and forget Clippers, best sports city is NEW YORK and Chris Paul should just force his way here lol j/k. I say he resigns. The money factor alone makes too much sense.

OceanSpray
05-04-2013, 04:16 PM
Chris Paul in Dallas with Howard/Nowitzki makes a lot of sense. Whether or not they can fulfill that is the question.

NYKnicks4511
05-04-2013, 04:36 PM

Kidd was still arguably the 2nd best player on that team. Let's not act like he played then like he does this year.

D-Leethal
05-04-2013, 04:47 PM
Atlanta is widely known as one of the most popular cities among NBA players. Many players own a home there and the NBA has a heavy presence there with NBATV and TNT studios based there. I think its pretty much like the East Coast Phoenix with regards to the weather and popularity among players. That said, the Atlanta Hawks are not very appealing at all, but all it takes is one player to change that.

denverfan66
05-04-2013, 04:51 PM
Pistons make lots of sense. Have one of the better big man combos and have a lottery pick. Their new coach could intrigue CP3, seeing how Phil is helping them find one.

Bravo95
05-04-2013, 05:01 PM
"Knowing your place" is irrelevant when stating something fact based when studies have been done. I'm not going to list the reasons why Atlanta is deemed a terrible sports city, I gave you article links for that reason. Read the links.
Unnecessary. Your underlying point was basically: "Nobody wants to be in Atlanta LOLZ!"

So answer a simple question: If Atlanta is so terrible of a market, why do all of these major sports events keep coming back?

In the last 20 years, Atlanta has hosted each of the following:

Multiple Final Fours
SEC Men's Basketball Tourneys
ACC Men's Basketball Tourney
Multiple Super Bowls (with another one coming in a few years when the new Falcons stadium is built)
NFC Championship Game
Plenty of College Football bowl games (SEC title game, Kickoff Classic, Chik Fil A Bowl, and soon to be in the rotation for the National Title game when the playoff is instituted in a few years).
NBA All Star Game
MLB All Star game
Multiple World Series
Also, this little event called The Olympics.
Hell, there is even talk of hosting The World Cup final here after the Falcons new stadium is built (LINK (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/5/1/4289310/atlanta-falcons-stadium-concept-art-design))

Bash the Hawks franchise all you want... well Clippers fans can't, other fans can. Thanks to historically poor ownership/GM decisions, the Hawks haven't had a good reputation here, maybe the 4th or 5th most important team in the state. The other local franchises have been through that as well. But it's amazing how all of those major American sporting events keep coming to Atlanta (and coming back) to such a horrible market, right?

Chronz
05-04-2013, 05:04 PM
There are a few scenarios....

Firstly, the Clippers... he could stay there. There exit has as much to do with Blake's injury as anything else. With a healthy Blake they would have been in the second round no doubt. They can keep play and CP3, perhaps a coaching change (though I don't have a hate-on for VDN like some do). Or the Clippers could work a sign-and-trade with LAL for Dwight with BG as the bait, or perhaps DJ and Bledsoe... I dunno what is realistic at this point.

He could leverage a sign-and trade with a team like BK (D-Will going back to LAC). With a coaching job opening in BK, any number of coaches could be brought in, among them Phil Jackson. CP3 with BK's roster would be crazy awesome.

ATL could potentially sign CP3 and keep Josh Smith which would make a great line-up. Not sure how likely that is.

Dallas may be an option if they can bring in Dwight and CP3 to play with Drik and a solid wing guy like Marion.

I think Detroit would be a great landing spot. Some young guys like Monroe and Drummond with some nice shooters thrown in the mix and a first round pick. He could turn them into a 50+ win team and earn himself an MVP award in the process (voters will be tired of voting for LBJ next season). This one may seem unreasonable to some, but Detroit has the talent to explode, and also has an open coaching position, with which they may be able to lure Phil Jackson should they be able to land CP3.

I don't think Houston is unrealistic, but I'm not as impressed with the line-up there as I am with some other squads.

As far as sign-and-trades go, Rondo and CP3 might be interesting, but it would have been more interesting if Boston still had Allen. CP3 is in his prime and the supporting cast in Boston is aging vets.

There are a lot of option. I personally think CP3's best option is Detroit or BK.
Brooklyn sounds like a downgrade from LAC not sure what would be so enticing there. Boson already tried to get him when they were 2 years younger and he refused, why would that be an option now? Detroit is unproven.

If he leaves LA, they have to have a star comparable to Blake with some kind of plan for the future yet able to compete asap.

Atlanta is on the cusp so that might work but the best locale is Houston

Chronz
05-04-2013, 05:06 PM

Kidd was still arguably the 2nd best player on that team. Let's not act like he played then like he does this year.
Nah he was definitely not more vital than Chandler. Not acting like anything, just stating the fact that he was well beyond his prime

Chronz
05-04-2013, 05:22 PM
Lol you're the one who brought up Kidd's non-basketball related stuff when it clearly does not define a player's career.

Yea except I never said it did. I'm talking about the basketball related success you mentioned for Kidd. CP has many of the same stuff that prevent you from trashing Kidds prime years. Why so hypocritical?

And think what you want re JKidd winning a Chip past his prime bec I dont really care as long as he was instrumental to that team.

And you said what? Winning medals against inferior competition? Why then did they revamp the whole USAB program when all other intl teams are inferior?
Who said he wasn't instrumental?

And competition got better, thats why.

Chronz
05-04-2013, 05:25 PM

oh RJ the rookie you mean? wheres he now? Forgive me I dont know where RJ is now. So if you count him as a star, a SOMEONE in that Nets crap roster, and he is nowhere to be found now then I think theres something wrong.

Lol and where are the guys you mentioned? You named alot of inferior players to RJ, why ask for a star now? Your all over the place, scrambling for straws instead of being consistent and admitting you were wrong.

Chronz
05-04-2013, 05:27 PM

He rejected Boston so obviously he had some kind of pull.

mzgrizz
05-04-2013, 05:35 PM
Seems to me he should stay put; get a coach he can live with and build out his team.......YIKES !!!! Why would I be giving any advice to a huge rival???? Because I'm such a nice fan :cool:

ldawg
05-04-2013, 06:11 PM
Howard dirk marion mayo and cp3 hmmmmmmm

Dade County
05-05-2013, 03:56 AM
I am shocked at the poll voting... Posters actually want to see another super team formed.

BenFrank
05-05-2013, 04:37 AM
"Pipe Dream"

Houston sign Howard in FA
Houston Trade Jeremy Lin to the Bucks for there 1st round pick ( Jennings Walk )
Houston sign Paul in FA
Houston trade Asik, T.Rob,Beverly, Houston 1st, Milwaukee 1st to Portland for Aldridge

Paul
Harden
Parsons
Aldridge
Howard

c.c.
05-05-2013, 05:12 AM
"Pipe Dream"

Houston Trade Jeremy Lin to the Bucks for there 1st round pick ( Jennings Walk )
Houston sign Paul in FA
Houston trade Asik, T.Rob,Beverly Houston 1st, Milwaukee 1st to Portland for Aldridge

Paul
Harden
Parsons
Aldridge
Howard

I love this little scenario but I would like to keep Beverly bringing that energy off the bench. If them deals was to happen, our cap will be horrible in 2 or 3 years but its worth a championship

Dade County
05-05-2013, 01:22 PM
"Pipe Dream"

Houston sign Paul in FA
Houston trade Asik, T.Rob,Beverly, Houston 1st, Milwaukee 1st to Portland for Aldridge

Paul
Harden
Parsons
Aldridge
Howard

Yeah i love super teams too, but this is not happening... I can see Cp3 & Howard though, but not aldridge.

lol, please
05-05-2013, 03:14 PM
Warriors.

Cracka2HI!
05-06-2013, 12:03 AM
You know if the Clippers can shed DJ or even Butler's salary they would have the cap space to pay both Howard and CP3 if they took less than the max. They would make similar money to the big 3 in Miami. To me that makes A LOT more sense than them teaming up to create a "super team". I don't think that could happen. Where would they go? Detroit? Charlotte? Cleveland? Those teams would not be championship contenders with just CP3 and Howard. It would take them a few years to get the pieces together. Who knows how much longer either player will be a superstar. The Clippers have a supporting cast in place. If they can basically swap DJ for Howard they would be the clear favorites to win the West.

Cracka2HI!
05-06-2013, 12:07 AM
I also LOL at the take less and play for a contender option. Yes the Clippers looked their worst at the worst possible time but what team would be worth taking less money for him to go to? That is a dumb option.

torocan
05-06-2013, 10:23 AM
"Pipe Dream"

Houston sign Paul in FA

Paul
Harden
Parsons
Aldridge
Howard

You forgot step 5.

Stern veto's those trades for "basketball reasons". ;)

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-06-2013, 01:46 PM

:laugh: You wish.

Chronz
05-06-2013, 02:20 PM
:laugh: You wish.

If Dwight says "Im gone", who would you want in return?

WhiteSoxGod
05-06-2013, 04:29 PM
Rockets could rid themselves of Asik's contract by sending it to L.A but not sure they'd maximize Asik's value that way.

LJEATON26
05-06-2013, 05:26 PM
If I'm Chris Paul I become a Pacer next year and they are going to dominate. They have around $21 million before the luxary tax and with the emergence of George could easily part with Granger's $14 million expiring through a trade. In order to resign West and Hansborough.

PG Paul, Hill
SG Stephenson, Johnson
SF George, Granger
PF West (Have to resign), Hansborough
C Hibbert, Manhimi

--23--
05-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Stay in LA, Clippers just need to make some roster and coach changes.

JJ_JKidd
05-07-2013, 08:38 PM
Lol and where are the guys you mentioned? You named alot of inferior players to RJ, why ask for a star now? Your all over the place, scrambling for straws instead of being consistent and admitting you were wrong.

You dont get me when I said that Kidd's team was far inferior than the rest of East teams during their Finals run. Is that that hard to comprehend?

JJ_JKidd
05-07-2013, 08:38 PM
Yea except I never said it did. I'm talking about the basketball related success you mentioned for Kidd. CP has many of the same stuff that prevent you from trashing Kidds prime years. Why so hypocritical?

Who said he wasn't instrumental?

And competition got better, thats why.

Yea you said inferior international competition and competition got better so which is which now?

Chronz
05-07-2013, 09:05 PM
Yea you said inferior international competition and competition got better so which is which now?
I dont know how we wound up here but we're getting off topic.

sventhedog
05-07-2013, 11:27 PM
join whoever wins the title this year. that's the best plan.

KingstonHawke
05-09-2013, 06:16 AM

Teams rarely trade within their own division because there are what 25 teams outside their division compared to just 4 inside lol.

And it's not stupid to try and get as much value as possible from an asset regardless of where he ends up. This isn't football where that team can actually keep you out of the playoffs.

I don't really think that deal would happen specifically because I fully expect Howard to stay in purple and gold. But for a package of Jordan, Butler, Bledsoe, and picks... and a Howard that already has committed to leaving and agreed to resign with the Clippers (a lot of "ifs" im aware) the Lakers would jump at that. And they'd be right to.

PhillyFaninLA
05-09-2013, 06:39 AM

Chronz
05-09-2013, 01:29 PM
You dont get me when I said that Kidd's team was far inferior than the rest of East teams during their Finals run. Is that that hard to comprehend?
What makes you think I didn't get that? My point is that RJ is superior to some of the players you listed.....

Chronz
05-09-2013, 01:30 PM
Its both. In the past the Olympic competition was weaker, it then got stronger. Do you think competition is stagnant for some reason?

Kashmir13579
05-09-2013, 01:49 PM

Anyone could've gone to the finals out of that east.

AI
05-09-2013, 02:11 PM
I always thought he'd end up on the Knicks with Melo, but unfortunately, that's not happening.

Dade County
05-09-2013, 08:01 PM
I always thought he'd end up on the Knicks with Melo, but unfortunately, that's not happening.

Don't give up hope.

But once again, I am surprise that people are own board with the Cp3 and Howard creating a new super team ( by the votes).

Patrick Ewing33
05-09-2013, 08:09 PM
He's going to sign a one year deal so when Amar'e's contract is up he'll sign with the Knicks. (I joke) He's probably going to stay.

But a

Chris Paul
Iman Shumpert
Carmelo Anthony
FA/Draftee
Chandler

look pretty damn good.

Jarvo
05-09-2013, 08:26 PM
I don't think them two will win a Title at all, They need to trade Blake for someone else and DJ.

goingfor28
05-09-2013, 08:47 PM
I don't think them two will win a Title at all, They need to trade Blake for someone else and DJ.

:facepalm: u trade DJ if u can, and unload caron's contract. and get something for bledsoe. blake isnt going anywhere and to even suggest that is silly.

caron and bled for a real starting 2 guard.
DJ likely doesnt go anywhere, but get a backup big who can shoot.

problem solved.

and cp isnt going to leave LAC either

AI
05-09-2013, 09:00 PM
He's going to sign a one year deal so when Amar'e's contract is up he'll sign with the Knicks. (I joke) He's probably going to stay.

But a

Chris Paul
Iman Shumpert
Carmelo Anthony
FA/Draftee
Chandler

look pretty damn good.

That will never happen, but wow, that would be ridiculously amazing to watch.