PDA

View Full Version : Is This The First Time Any Team Has Accomplished What The Grizzlies Did Tonight?

Clippersfan86
05-04-2013, 12:28 AM
In my lifetime I have never seen a team go from down 2-0 to win the next 4 in blowouts by an AVERAGE of over 14 ppg. Has it happened? I need a hoops history lesson.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2013, 12:35 AM
Clippers live just confirmed my suspicions. Just 9 teams have won 4 straight after down 2-0 but NONE have won all 4 by double digits besides the Grizzlies.

Minimal
05-04-2013, 12:35 AM
2006 Finals Miami was down 0-2 and went to win next 4.
But I guess this is the first time in NBA history with that kind of point margin.

mzgrizz
05-04-2013, 02:28 AM
Wow!!! I knew we had a special team after the trades but that is mind blowing.

Cal827
05-04-2013, 02:55 AM
Feel bad for Clip fans. They just choked the big one, after going up 2-0 :pity:

Pierre The Poet
05-04-2013, 03:20 AM
I'm a huge Lakers fan, and I'm just happy that Memphis jacked em up...All that "We're taking LA" talk and they went out in the first round just like us

RaiderLakersA's
05-04-2013, 05:37 AM
I'm a huge Lakers fan, and I'm just happy that Memphis jacked em up...All that "We're taking LA" talk and they went out in the first round just like us

I still blame Stern for this. If he doesn't block the CP3 trade to the Lakers there would be at least one LA team moving to the second round, and the Clippers would not have had any false hopes to entertain in the first place. :D

Chrisclover
05-04-2013, 08:13 AM
i think it is.Randolph was so crazy!Sorry for poor Paul, we didnt expect that BG would get hurt and fought with Zach~out of control!

D-Leethal
05-04-2013, 08:43 AM
Didn't the '11 Mavs do this to Miami?

OKC did it to Spurs last year.

**** happens all the time.

Slug3
05-04-2013, 09:47 AM

I believe Miami won game 1, Dallas game 2, Miami game 3 , then Dallas the next 3 I believe if my memory is correct.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2013, 10:03 AM
Not to mention the key here is DOUBLE DIGITS. It's the first time ever it's been done. As for 4 straight wins after being down 2-0.. it's happened 9 times in NBA history according to Fox Sports, so no sh** doesn't happen all the time Lethal.

Hellcrooner
05-04-2013, 10:12 AM
wake me up when its a comeback from a 3-0.

This , has happened before.

That said, Go Grizz and win it all.

Team play> Stars

JasonJohnHorn
05-04-2013, 10:28 AM
They also lost their all-star power forward. Blake Griffen was their leading rebounder, leading scorer and second on the team in assists. This was not an instance of "choking", this is an instance of a team who lost their most productive player on the court and in turn lost 4 games straight.

Other teams have gone up 2-0 and lost four straight. The Spurs have done it twice, once last season and once again the Lakers in 02 I believe. And they didn't have any injuries.

This is not choking. This is Memphis beating a team who didn't have a healthy squad on the floor. This isn't a knock on the coach or CP3. It is just an matter of a badly timed injury.

kdspurman
05-04-2013, 10:41 AM

He said win the next 4 in blowouts don't think that was the case for those series

king4day
05-04-2013, 10:48 AM
I like the cool understory that the Griz exacted revenge over the team that ousted them last season.
IMO, them and the Spurs are the top west contenders right now. This could be Memphis' best change to reach their first finals. I really hope they do it.

D-Leethal
05-04-2013, 10:51 AM
Not to mention the key here is DOUBLE DIGITS. It's the first time ever it's been done. As for 4 straight wins after being down 2-0.. it's happened 9 times in NBA history according to Fox Sports, so no sh** doesn't happen all the time Lethal.

My bad dude, didn't even see where you said blowouts. Pardon my hangover.

kdspurman
05-04-2013, 11:05 AM
I like the cool understory that the Griz exacted revenge over the team that ousted them last season.
IMO, them and the Spurs are the top west contenders right now. This could be Memphis' best change to reach their first finals. I really hope they do it.

Obviously, I hope they don't :)

But you've got Memphis, OKC, and SA in there. Small markets FTW.

king4day
05-04-2013, 11:22 AM
Obviously, I hope they don't :)

But you've got Memphis, OKC, and SA in there. Small markets FTW.

And to think, a few years ago, people were talking about moving the Griz somewhere else.
Funny how success changes opinions.
Spurs/Griz would be a hell of a WCF

mdm692
05-04-2013, 11:28 AM
I still blame Stern for this. If he doesn't block the CP3 trade to the Lakers there would be at least one LA team moving to the second round, and the Clippers would not have had any false hopes to entertain in the first place. :D

Unfortunately ge did block now there are 2 teams with false hope.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2013, 11:30 AM
Lethal no issue brother. Just saying the blowout thing is key. The Grizzlies reminded me of a serious strain of disease that you hit with medicine and they just grow stronger and stronger until they are unkillable. They are the Huk of the basketball world. Just get angrier and stronger when you throw a punch at them.

IndyRealist
05-04-2013, 11:34 AM
They also lost their all-star power forward. Blake Griffen was their leading rebounder, leading scorer and second on the team in assists. This was not an instance of "choking", this is an instance of a team who lost their most productive player on the court and in turn lost 4 games straight.

Other teams have gone up 2-0 and lost four straight. The Spurs have done it twice, once last season and once again the Lakers in 02 I believe. And they didn't have any injuries.

This is not choking. This is Memphis beating a team who didn't have a healthy squad on the floor. This isn't a knock on the coach or CP3. It is just an matter of a badly timed injury.

Although I would say Chris Paul is their most productive player (and by a decent margin), pretty much this.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2013, 11:46 AM
Jason I agree Griffin's injury was a huge factor. Griffin in general doesn't do particularly well against the Grizzlies but he sure as hell is better at his worst than guys like Odom.

DR_1
05-04-2013, 12:38 PM
I love Memphis, always been one of my favorite teams happy to see them advance, and that they are serious contenders when everyone said they were done after the Gay trade.

D-Leethal
05-04-2013, 06:18 PM
Lethal no issue brother. Just saying the blowout thing is key. The Grizzlies reminded me of a serious strain of disease that you hit with medicine and they just grow stronger and stronger until they are unkillable. They are the Huk of the basketball world. Just get angrier and stronger when you throw a punch at them.

I sort of liken them to a better version of the Pacers out West. They force you into a slugfest, and they don't lose slugfests. They are gonna throw the first punch and force you to into a brawl, and they don't lose those.

Can't wait to see Perk and ZBo rekindle their love for one another. Didn't they slug it out by the lockerooms earlier this year?

Clippersfan86
05-04-2013, 06:20 PM
I sort of liken them to a better version of the Pacers out West. They force you into a slugfest, and they don't lose slugfests. They are gonna throw the first punch and force you to into a brawl, and they don't lose those.

Can't wait to see Perk and ZBo rekindle their love for one another. Didn't they slug it out by the lockerooms earlier this year?

Lol I didn't even think about that little plotline. They apparently tried to go after each other in locker rooms, yes. Then Zbo released a statement saying "Tell him I don't bluff" or w/e LMAO.

smith&wesson
05-04-2013, 06:23 PM
clippers got spanked!!! feel for them.

memphis and spurs should be interesting.