PDA

View Full Version : Denver out: Is George Karl out too?

JasonJohnHorn
05-03-2013, 10:26 AM
There is no doubt in my mind that George Karl is a good coach. I think he has even displayed the qualities of a great coach on many occasions. Every time he has taken over a team they have improved. Every time. That is impressive. He's one of few coaches who has been to the finals, and has a regular-season winning percentage that is equal to a 50-win season, that is also impressive. Obviously this guy knows what he is doing.

His time in Denver has seen him win a lot of games. In 05 he took a team that was 17-25, WELL out of of the playoff picture and then went 38-8 to close out the season. That is with no additional personal than they started the season with. That is amazing.

But there has been a great deal of disappointment. Karl failed to get out of the first round for a few seasons and even after Denver brought in Iverson to team with Melo, a playoff series win did not happen. The Nuggets traded Iverson for Billups and the Nuggets finished with home court in the first round for the first time since Karl had been there. With Billups the Nuggets went as far as they ever had, reaching the conference finals and bowing out to the Lakers in a 6-game series.

Since then however the Nuggets have not won a playoff series. Karl did a good job of keeping the team afloat after the Melo trade, but this season the Nuggets had home=court advantage in the first round and were expected to win. Yes, Gallinari was out with injury, but the Warriors lost David Lee who was their second leading scorer and leading rebounder, and the Warriors did not have the depth that Denver did. Bottom line: The Nuggets should have won this series.

With Westbrook down and the Spurs aging, this was Denver's best chance to get to the finals, but Kalr failed to get a first round win. What' worse is that their playoff record with Karl is 21-38. In 5 of the 9 seasons Karl has been in Denver, he failed to get more than a single win in the playoffs. The home court record is almost as dismal as the over-all record and is well under .500.

I like Karl, but it seems clear that after 9 seasons with the Nuggets, he simply has not gotten the job done.

Does this series loss mean that Karl's days in Denver are done?

nycericanguy
05-03-2013, 10:34 AM
You know, I think fans get spoiled sometimes.

DEN traded Melo, and they got real lucky that Ty Lawson was waiting in the wings as a borderline all star PG, then they get real lucky and nab Faried at#21...

They don't miss a beat, they win 57 games playing the unselfish type of ball that they wanted.

This is what DEN wanted right?

But now its Karl's fault...

Look no coach is perfect, Woodson is a COTY candidate, and he took a great deal of heat in the NYK forum this year.

All you hear now is fans putting blame on the coach, Nets lose its because of Avery...no wait... its because of PJ now.

Nuggets lose it's because of Karl...

How about the fact that Chandler & Gallo for that matter disappear in the playoffs every year? Or that Corey Brewer shot 31% for the series. Lawson & Iggy are the only ones that came to play, when you have a team built around depth and multiple players, you kind of need most of those guys to play well or else it negates your advantage.

Guppyfighter
05-03-2013, 10:36 AM
Watching this series and seeing his rotations, his drawn up plays, the lack of structure on offense. I can tell you he is the dusty baker of the NBA.

And he's just a ****** coach.

smood999
05-03-2013, 10:44 AM
guess Melo can no longer be a scapegoat in Denver...his teams were never upset in the playoffs..

Lo Porto
05-03-2013, 10:47 AM
The NBA wanted GS to win this series. The NBA has wanted GS to rise up ever since they were sold not long ago. Just think about it:

- The NBA allowed GS to intentionally tank when the NBA knew that the 2012 GS 1st rounder would go to Utah if it was 8th or worse. Just research what Bill Simmons had to say about the GS tanking last season

- Before the lottery, there was a coin toss between Toronto and GS for the 7th spot. If GS had lost that toss, that #8 pick would have gone to Utah. Nobody with a brain was surprised when GS won that toss so they could keep their pick.

- Then if you took the time to watch the 3rd quarter last night, it was blatantly obvious that the NBA was not going to let the Warriors lose this series. They see the market and marketability of Curry and the Warriors. Shameful NBA.

If I was a Denver fan, I 'd be more upset at the NBA and Danilo's injury than Karl. Both of them screwed the Nugs.

NeverSayNevur
05-03-2013, 10:57 AM
The NBA wanted GS to win this series. The NBA has wanted GS to rise up ever since they were sold not long ago. Just think about it:

- The NBA allowed GS to intentionally tank when the NBA knew that the 2012 GS 1st rounder would go to Utah if it was 8th or worse. Just research what Bill Simmons had to say about the GS tanking last season

- Before the lottery, there was a coin toss between Toronto and GS for the 7th spot. If GS had lost that toss, that #8 pick would have gone to Utah. Nobody with a brain was surprised when GS won that toss so they could keep their pick.

- Then if you took the time to watch the 3rd quarter last night, it was blatantly obvious that the NBA was not going to let the Warriors lose this series. They see the market and marketability of Curry and the Warriors. Shameful NBA.

If I was a Denver fan, I 'd be more upset at the NBA and Danilo's injury than Karl. Both of them screwed the Nugs.

Are you a Jazz fan by any chance?

BKLYNpigeon
05-03-2013, 11:04 AM

WHOA....please stop making false accusations.

- Yes. The Warriors look like they Tanked because they obviously knew their position going into the draft, but the warriors were Terrible last season. Curry was out injured for the 2nd half of the season, Warriors traded away Monta Ellis for an injured Bogut. who else was on that roster worth mentioning? Nate Robinson was the next best player.

- That coin toss for the 8th pick in the draft was conducted in closed doors with "both" representatives from the Warriors and Raptors.

- I watched game 6, NBA put their best Refs in the game. Its hard for any team to win, if you're shooting 35% and getting out rebounded by 11.

please stop it with your biased views.

btw, Harrison Barnes looks great in a GSW uniform! goodluck with our late 1st round pick this year!

ewing
05-03-2013, 11:09 AM
I doubt blame Karl. I think Danillo is the best player on that team. He was a big loss and GS is the only team in the league that is both good and likes to play at the pace the Denver plays at. It was a tough a match up for them. Kudoos to Curry and young kids in GS

da ThRONe
05-03-2013, 11:10 AM
I don't think you'll find a better coach than Karl. However Karl has to understand without the star player your team goes no where. He loves a deep roster full of really skilled role players. That's great in the regular season, but once the playoffs roll around you need that player/s. Not sure Karl ego can fit well with a superstar's ego.

da ThRONe
05-03-2013, 11:10 AM
I don't think you'll find a better coach than Karl. However Karl has to understand without the star player your team goes no where. He loves a deep roster full of really skilled role players. That's great in the regular season, but once the playoffs roll around you need that player/s. Not sure Karl ego can fit well with a superstar's ego.

Ty_Lawson
05-03-2013, 11:21 AM
We would have that star player everyone is talking about in Ty, but Karl won't let him become star.
Few games ago Karl said that Miller is our superstar player and that he will take us to second round(he never advanced to 2nd round).Just look at Miller PPG/APG in regular season and playoffs.
He is playing his favourite players instead of playing good quality players.
He benched JHam for whole season, and if he went with him instead of Brewer we would have really good 3pt shooter in this series.
He benched McGee who got us 7th game vs Lakers last year.
He is playing Miller with Ty witch leads to Ty not having the ball in his hands for good amount of time(and he can't play like spot-up shooter).
He can't draw any play instead of Run&Gun which you don't have to draw.
He can't draw any inbound play, we saw that in regular season vs GSW and many other games.
He doesn't know when to make sub. and when to call timeout.
He is benching JHam/Evan when they are 0-2FG but playing Brewer/Miller when they are 1-10FG...
We need new coach!!!

ManRam
05-03-2013, 11:23 AM
never been a huge Karl fan.

but i'm not sure they should let him go. i don't think a first round loss, even though i personally had higher expectations for them, completely warrants it. if gallo were healthy, then maybe.

the only way it's worth, obviously, it is if they bring in a clearly superior coach, like SVG, Phil (yeah right) etc.

firing him for just the sake of change i'm not sure will be terribly fruitful

He115ing
05-03-2013, 11:26 AM
I really dislike him. He talks a lot of **** and is very eager to spread the blame. I hope he gets fired.

nycericanguy
05-03-2013, 11:26 AM
Come on man, Andre played 26mpg in the playoffs and scored 14ppg, he won game 1 for DEN almost single handily.

Lawson averaged 40mpg and 21 & 8... Karl isn't "holding him back"... if anything he's propelled him... where else can Lawson run and gun like he does in DEN? Lawson wouldn't be as good on 25 other teams...

Lawson, Iggy & Dre are really the only guys that showed up to play.

Chandler and Gallo have been horrific in every post season series they have played... somehow though it's always Karl's fault...

I want to see DEN fire him, so everyone can see it's not his fault.

DR_1
05-03-2013, 11:27 AM
The one thing I have never understood is his lack of faith in JaVale McGee. Other than that he is without a doubt a top 5 coach in the NBA. They just had a bad matchup, kind of like when the 8-seeded Grizzlies beat the top seeded Spurs a couple years ago.

THE GIPPER
05-03-2013, 11:29 AM
He should be fired but theres no way he will be.

SVG would be the perfect replacement though if it were to happen.

BigBlueCrew
05-03-2013, 11:33 AM
No it was Carmelo Anthony's fault they lost in the first round yesterday.

Ty_Lawson
05-03-2013, 11:34 AM
Come on man, Andre played 26mpg in the playoffs and scored 14ppg, he won game 1 for DEN almost single handily.

Lawson averaged 40mpg and 21 & 8... Karl isn't "holding him back"... if anything he's propelled him... where else can Lawson run and gun like he does in DEN? Lawson wouldn't be as good on 25 other teams...

Lawson, Iggy & Dre are really the only guys that showed up to play.

Chandler and Gallo have been horrific in every post season series they have played... somehow though it's always Karl's fault...

I want to see DEN fire him, so everyone can see it's not his fault.

He had 9.6ppg and 5.9apg in RS.
He had 14ppg and 4apg in PO.
Beside game 1 he was terrible at shooting the ball, but still he was shooting it, just like Karls 2nd favourite Brewer.
I would rather see Ty,Iggy shooting few more shots than Miller and Brewer.
If you like them so much take them to NYK, we would be glad to change Karl for Woodson..

nycericanguy
05-03-2013, 11:44 AM
He had 9.6ppg and 5.9apg in RS.
He had 14ppg and 4apg in PO.
Beside game 1 he was terrible at shooting the ball, but still he was shooting it, just like Karls 2nd favourite Brewer.
I would rather see Ty,Iggy shooting few more shots than Miller and Brewer.
If you like them so much take them to NYK, we would be glad to change Karl for Woodson..

So he stepped us his scoring in the playoffs while playing FEWER minutes and you're mad about that?

He scored 14ppg on 11 shots a game, that's pretty good man.

Who else was going to score for DEN? Chandler shot 35%, Brewer shot 31%...

Ty_Lawson
05-03-2013, 11:51 AM
He did step up with his scoring but steped down with apg and we needed that more than his shoting(in last 3-4 games idk if he is like 10-35/40 shooting). I wish him all the best but with another team ;)

nycericanguy
05-03-2013, 11:56 AM
He did step up with his scoring but steped down with apg and we needed that more than his shoting(in last 3-4 games idk if he is like 10-35/40 shooting). I wish him all the best but with another team ;)

i think you're nitpicking... scoring is harder in the playoffs, he did that and did it well.

Lawson was playing 40mpg, There weren't many minutes at PG for him to play. naturally his assists went down

I think DEN has a bright future, but all this Karl/Dre blaming is just looking for a scapegoat.

why doesn't CHandler take more heat? In his 2 PS's with DEN he's shot 27% and 35%.

or Gallo...

Gallo has shot 38% in the post season with DEN and scored only 12ppg... those guys are much more important than a backup guard playing 25mpg... who at least scored 14ppg and shot 42%

Lawson has been great in the PS, but he can't do it alone.

Hellcrooner
05-03-2013, 12:03 PM

that wouldnt necesarily be true if there werent star calls.

Ty_Lawson
05-03-2013, 12:04 PM
Ooo he does(chandler), but not us much as miller because when miller is on the court he takes the ball out of tys hands(did you watch denver games??) and he is playing like spotup shooter then.
Miller can't play defense, can't shoot and we also don't like him because he is susposed to be our superstar(according to Karl...), and he can't be that with 40 years...Gallo was injured in this series so don't go with him, if he was there maybe this would be a topic with Jacksons name in it...
I will say this again, i wish him all the best in his career but i hope with another team!!(maybe NYK??)

BklynKnicks3
05-03-2013, 12:04 PM
Blame Melo. Its crazy that if denver won this in 6 there would be 10 threads abut how they won Melo trade and are better now. But since they lost its cricketts.

riconek
05-03-2013, 12:11 PM
I'm done with nuggets unless Karl goes. I watched all games this season.
He has no idea how to run playoffs games. I understand he does not play on the court but his job is to play hot players not Miller all the time. Also his job is to make them work hard.
I dont know why he did not play Mozgov or Hamilton. KK is soft .
I'm sure Bogut would not have easy with Mozgow on the court

Denva4Life
05-03-2013, 12:11 PM
Blame Melo. Its crazy that if denver won this in 6 there would be 10 threads abut how they won Melo trade and are better now. But since they lost its cricketts.

umm I still think Denver won the melo trade. If Denver was in the east we would be a 2 seed with knicks being what a 4-6 seed in the west? I'm not looking at records right now I cant remember exactly. But I do agree that Karl is in love with Miller a little too much. A lot of games at the end he would go with miller at the end which made no sense.

BKLYNpigeon
05-03-2013, 12:38 PM
Unless Javale Mcgee has a funny Twitter post..

Its irrelevant to keep talking about Nuggets, they're yesterdays news.

zn23
05-03-2013, 12:38 PM
To be fair, they did do very well in the regular season. I'm pretty sure they said it was one of Denver's best seasons ever in franchise history. They also lost Gallinari who clearly proved to be a valuable piece to that team.

But this is 4 straight first round playoff exits. The other 3 were understandable because Denver did not have home court advantage. But this loss is just unacceptable. They had home court advantage and they had the best home court record in the league in the regular season. Then in game 2 they get blown out by like 20 points at home.

So yea I think it is time to look in a different direction.

JiffyMix88
05-03-2013, 12:44 PM

Okay Dick Tracy

lol, please
05-03-2013, 01:32 PM
You know, I think fans get spoiled sometimes.

DEN traded Melo, and they got real lucky that Ty Lawson was waiting in the wings as a borderline all star PG, then they get real lucky and nab Faried at#21...

They don't miss a beat, they win 57 games playing the unselfish type of ball that they wanted.

This is what DEN wanted right?

But now its Karl's fault...

Look no coach is perfect, Woodson is a COTY candidate, and he took a great deal of heat in the NYK forum this year.

All you hear now is fans putting blame on the coach, Nets lose its because of Avery...no wait... its because of PJ now.

Nuggets lose it's because of Karl...

How about the fact that Chandler & Gallo for that matter disappear in the playoffs every year? Or that Corey Brewer shot 31% for the series. Lawson & Iggy are the only ones that came to play, when you have a team built around depth and multiple players, you kind of need most of those guys to play well or else it negates your advantage.

:clap:

todu82
05-03-2013, 01:44 PM
Yeah, I think he'll be let go. He's a great coach but his results in Denver are under-whelming.

D-Leethal
05-03-2013, 01:45 PM

It won't, which is why nearly every big time player who played for him hates the ****ing guy. Even class acts like Ray Allen can't stand the dude.

Aust
05-03-2013, 04:00 PM
If so, please come to LA. We don't mind having to pay multiple coaches lol

ewing
05-03-2013, 04:04 PM

So you think George Karl should have told Ty Lawson to get more assists?

Ty_Lawson
05-03-2013, 04:14 PM
Well he got more apg than in regular season, so what's your point?

Becks2307
05-03-2013, 04:26 PM
If so, please come to LA. We don't mind having to pay multiple coaches lol

Lol so then LA would be paying 3 coaches at the same time lol

Ty_Lawson
05-03-2013, 04:27 PM
With 2 of them playing Run&Gun...you guys really think you have team that can run??

Ty_Lawson
05-03-2013, 04:28 PM
With 2 of them playing Run&Gun...you guys really think you have team that can run??

JLynn943
05-03-2013, 04:40 PM
I really hope that they get rid of him and that the (hopeful) new owners in Sacramento convince him to coach the Kings. Otherwise, it makes no sense to get rid of him. That team was missing one of it's best players and does not have a go-to scorer. That isn't Karl's fault.

BKLYNpigeon
05-03-2013, 07:00 PM
Dantoni would be great in Denver. I wonder if you can just transfer him and his contract to the Nuggets... it would make a lot of sense.

Mudvayne91
05-03-2013, 08:34 PM
Oh lord, no thank you. They made the mistake of hiring him once before. I pray not again.

Josh Kroenke (Nugs owner) essentially said he has no intentions of getting rid of Karl. If he does go, I believe it will be if he's chooses too.

JohnStarks94
05-03-2013, 11:19 PM
Melo advances .. Nugs go home... Ball Dont Lie!!

NYKINFL
05-03-2013, 11:36 PM
I think he'll get another shot in Denver with gallo going down; but I also think he'll be on thin ice especially if they get another high seed again.

IndyRealist
05-03-2013, 11:45 PM
Karl runs a gimmick offense and not nearly as much defense as he could get out of his players. It works great in the regular season but in the playoffs teams have time to prepare for everything you do, and gimmicks don't work anymore.

Guppyfighter
05-03-2013, 11:52 PM
Karl runs a gimmick offense and not nearly as much defense as he could get out of his players. It works great in the regular season but in the playoffs teams have time to prepare for everything you do, and gimmicks don't work anymore.

It would be a gimmick if he ran an offense. There is no offensive structure. It's pick and rolls and free lancing.

setman2000
05-04-2013, 05:39 AM

If we played that absolute joke of a team Boston we would be out of the 1st round too d-bag.

elledaddy
05-04-2013, 08:03 AM
If we played that absolute joke of a team Boston we would be out of the 1st round too d-bag.

O now Boston is a joke of a team yet you said that "this an upset series, Boston wins it" before the series. You also said Denver wud win in 5, you're not looking that good out here player

D-Leethal
05-04-2013, 08:44 AM
lol, nobody said Boston sucked until we were 3 games into the series.

setman2000
05-04-2013, 09:11 AM
O now Boston is a joke of a team yet you said that "this an upset series, Boston wins it" before the series. You also said Denver wud win in 5, you're not looking that good out here player

Boston was horrible, can't believe they won 2 games. As for Nuggets in 5...FIRE George Karl! SVG please.

D-Leethal
05-04-2013, 09:20 AM
Boston was horrible, can't believe they won 2 games. As for Nuggets in 5...FIRE George Karl! SVG please.

Nuggets were worse.

BklynKnicks3
05-04-2013, 10:14 AM
U mad =) I hear denver needs a closer lmao

Guppyfighter
05-04-2013, 10:19 AM
Knicks are being stupid about this.

If you did it by no conference Knicks would be the seventh seed and Denver the fourth seed. Knicks would play us, the Warriors, Nuggets would play the Lakers.

If you just switched them, the Knicks would be the sixth seed and the Nuggets would have been the second seed.

Without a doubt the Nuggets have the better team and won the trade. Karl being ****** doesn't change that.

BklynKnicks3
05-04-2013, 10:23 AM
oh really what about all those years Melo was bashed for first round failures while he was on the nuggets for losing to spurs n lakers. While lebron was ahero for beating the wziards twice

JohnStarks94
05-04-2013, 10:23 AM

Ha, Denver is the real joke around here.. Losers go Home. U needed melo.. Now we have proof!

JohnStarks94
05-04-2013, 10:25 AM
How many games did nugs win this year?? Oh wait doesnt matter they at Home

JohnStarks94
05-04-2013, 10:27 AM
Now do you see why felton gallo and chanler were so blown to be in denver.. Really who want to play in denver.. It sucks.. The city and the fans suck

elledaddy
05-04-2013, 10:37 AM

If you did it by no conference Knicks would be the seventh seed and Denver the fourth seed. Knicks would play us, the Warriors, Nuggets would play the Lakers.

If you just switched them, the Knicks would be the sixth seed and the Nuggets would have been the second seed.

Without a doubt the Nuggets have the better team and won the trade. Karl being ****** doesn't change that.

You have no idea who would finish where if it was no conferences in this make believe land you live in. Teams played different down the stretch STRICTLY because they knew their seeding in their respective conference. Just say the Nuggets won the trade because they had a better record, since thats what you're basically saying.. All that other crap you wrote doesnt matter. The fact of the matter is reguardless which conference Denver was in, they still lost to a lower seed despite have home court advantage while having the best home record in the NBA. Even if Gallo played and Lee played, Denver still would have lost. They traded their ONLY player capable of being a closer. Actually they traded their only 2 players if you count Billups

JohnStarks94
05-04-2013, 11:03 AM
Really they should be thankful... The day they drafted melo he made your worthless franchise relevant.. And thank melo and the knicks for all the players we sent you.. WE MADE YOU. Not that it matters yall at home now

D-Leethal
05-04-2013, 11:03 AM

lol, yea because the pieces they got from the trade are big time players for them. They got some good role players, we got our best player. The trade isn't even debatable. What Denver did before/after the trade is why they are so good.

D-Leethal
05-04-2013, 11:05 AM
Really they should be thankful... The day they drafted melo he made your worthless franchise relevant.. And thank melo and the knicks for all the players we sent you.. WE MADE YOU. Not that it matters yall at home now

Seriously. Nuggets won 17 games before Melo got there :laugh2:

They were literally the biggest joke franchise in the league. Even as bad as the Knicks were, we never approached that level of putridity.

JohnStarks94
05-04-2013, 11:15 AM
Seriously. Nuggets won 17 games before Melo got there :laugh2:

They were literally the biggest joke franchise in the league. Even as bad as the Knicks were, we never approached that level of putridity.

Exactly how they did melo when we came to denver.. Over the top.. 10times worst hate then labron got.. Nobody knew who nuggets were until melo

Guppyfighter
05-04-2013, 11:23 AM
Is the argument for Denver really that they lost their closer and that's why they lost in the playoffs? They didn't lose for not having a closer. Ty Lawson is a closer, he can create his own offense. Regardless of the fact, if they didn't have a closer assuming Lawson isn't one, they would have lost in the first round anyways.

Karl played his two worst rotations possible in the playoffs. They lost because they were "outcoached" and most importantly their coach did irreparable damage this series.

Melo wasn't the reason Denver lost in the playoffs and I have always held firm to that. Denver lost because Karl is frankly incompetent.

Denver is higher in the SRS and they are without a doubt the better team. There is no real argument to be made for the Knicks except they play in the East so they can get farther in the playoffs.

Congrats on being in the East.

JohnStarks94
05-04-2013, 11:36 AM
Is the argument for Denver really that they lost their closer and that's why they lost in the playoffs? They didn't lose for not having a closer. Ty Lawson is a closer, he can create his own offense. Regardless of the fact, if they didn't have a closer assuming Lawson isn't one, they would have lost in the first round anyways.

Karl played his two worst rotations possible in the playoffs. They lost because they were "outcoached" and most importantly their coach did irreparable damage this series.

Melo wasn't the reason Denver lost in the playoffs and I have always held firm to that. Denver lost because Karl is frankly incompetent.

Denver is higher in the SRS and they are without a doubt the better team. There is no real argument to be made for the Knicks except they play in the East so they can get farther in the playoffs.

Congrats on being in the East.

Non sense.. We play D in the East.. ******* the soft west con. If ny makes it to mia that to be is our finals because we would sweep any week *** team in the west...

JohnStarks94
05-04-2013, 11:37 AM
The great western conference champs only could win 1 game vs East champs..

Mudvayne91
05-04-2013, 11:39 AM
Now do you see why felton gallo and chanler were so blown to be in denver.. Really who want to play in denver.. It sucks.. The city and the fans suck

Have you ever visited here?

likemystylez
05-04-2013, 12:16 PM

Ok, Ill bite, This oughta be good

Ok- So the NBA wanted the warriors to rise up and take advantage of the marketability of Steph Curry. So they allow the warriors to tank the season?

BTW- Im not sure what the nba could do about a team tanking, but if their hidden agenda was for the warriors to rise up.... I think theyd be against tanking, lol not allow them to do it

A coin toss is a 50/50 chance. Either result could just as likely happen. Neither result should shock any rational person.

Curry can hit open jump shots, Denver was running at andrew bogut and stuff. Could you be more specific when suggesting the game was rigged- because that was kind of vague.

Again, could you say what you would want the nba to do? Were the warriors getting away with a ton of fouls? Were they calling denver for offensive fouls? Did they allow the warriors to play illegal defense? Did you even wach the game......or just look at the box score and the qtr by qtr break down.

3RDASYSTEM
05-04-2013, 12:16 PM
KARL is who he is

a good coach with a up and down career

got upset with a borderline superteam in SONICS and also with basically same but older team took'em to FINALS app. in 96' then he underachieved with that stacked BUCKS squad(couldn't beat 1 scorer team in PHI) to now in DEN where losing in 1st rd is the goal with a maxed out WC Finals app under his belt

its the same from the players to the coaches to the 6thman to assistant to scouts to waterboy

those SEA squads were 60win type annual, that's legit contenders in any era

he's always coached talent, that helps a lot in w-l record

Losoway
05-04-2013, 12:51 PM
i never liked karl . way too much ego

any other coach would be bashed on here like its no tomorrow . but he gets a free pass

i think they should do something new . karl is just a good SEASON coach when the playoff comes he always get out coached . but then again i dont think denver cares for a championship i think they just like the hawks happy to be in the playoffs

THE MTL
05-04-2013, 12:59 PM
One thing I hate is when teams decide to rebuild and destroy just because they "cant get out the first round" (Kings) or "not true contenders" (Phoenix) or "5 consecutive appearances to ECF" (Pistons). You BUILD on those situations! Add more to the roster. Figure out whats wrong.

Everyone needs to take a page from the Spurs and Celtics. Both teams never decided to rebuild their roster. Celtics, while just lost to the Knicks in the first round, still made the playoffs this year and gave the Heat all they could handle last year. The Spurs, everyone called Duncan and them old a couple years ago, and they look like the favorites in the West right now.

In the end, I think Denver Nuggets problem will always be due to a lack of a franchise player. You can be a great regular season team, you might even win a playoff series or two, but without a franchise player in these high pressure playoff situations in the later rounds....your chances of winning are significantly lower (not saying it cant happen but chances are definitely reduced)

Sactown
05-04-2013, 01:11 PM
The great western conference champs only could win 1 game vs East champs..
Didn't Boston take you to 6 games? Yeah, STFU... some teams in the west would beat the Knicks...

lol, please
05-04-2013, 01:47 PM
lol what a joke. The West is not only better overall, we play more physical than the East. Nice try though.

rex.reyesiii
05-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Someone give him an assistant coach. :)

Jenceman
05-04-2013, 10:39 PM
God I would ****ing LOVE Karl as the coach of the Lakers

Mudvayne91
05-05-2013, 12:03 AM
Someone give him an assistant coach. :)

Spoelstra available?