PDA

View Full Version : Despite all them stars sitting out...

JayW_1023
05-02-2013, 07:31 AM
...this has been one of the most memorable first rounds I've seen.

The Lakers fizzling out was not a pretty sight, but to be expected with Kobe's injury. The Heat-Bucks series was without drama, except for the fact that LeBron is playing at a level even higher than before.

The Thunder-Rockets series was supposed to be Harden vs. his old team. But Patrick Beverly took the limelight by doing that pre-timeout steal (this type of steal should now be simply described as Beverleying) injuring Westbrook, leveling the playing field. Perkins hammers Beverly, Durant Beverley's Lin. Jackson tries to Beverley Beverley. It's just been incredibly entertaining.

Stephen Curry having his coming out party with this exciting scrap with the Nuggets. No Lee or Gallinari levels the playing field. Tight series.

The Clippers also have a tight series with Memphis, which proves to be better equipped for postseason play. Griffin's injury puts pressure on CP3's resourcefulness. Again, tight series.

The Knicks-Celtics series escalated now too, making Game 6 crazy must see TV.

That 3OT Bulls-Nets scrap was one for the ages.

And that Pacers-Hawks series is tight as hell too.

Great to see that the NBA is more than just superstars. Can't wait how things will unfold. It could be just be me though.

eso
05-02-2013, 07:47 AM
The playoffs always deliver...

b@llhog24
05-02-2013, 04:19 PM
Agreed.

Guppyfighter
05-02-2013, 04:27 PM
Every Pacer Hawk game has been a blow out. Not exactly tight as hell. If Hawks win game six in a blow out it is set to be one of the worst series that went to game 7 ever.

ManRam
05-02-2013, 04:29 PM
i don't disagree...but for whatever reason i've been more interested than normal.

perhaps magic related, idk.

NYKnickFanatic
05-02-2013, 04:30 PM
Every Pacer Hawk game has been a blow out. Not exactly tight as hell. If Hawks win game six in a blow out it is set to be one of the worst series that went to game 7 ever.

He said the series. It is tight, could go either way.

Slug3
05-02-2013, 04:38 PM
It's only going to get better the deeper we get.

bbcmillionaire
05-02-2013, 04:44 PM
It's only going to get better the deeper we get.

Lol that's what she said

Avenged
05-02-2013, 05:49 PM
Injuries have evened up the playing field.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-02-2013, 07:51 PM
Most game 6's in a decade if I read somewhere correctly earlier today.

PleaseBeNice
05-02-2013, 07:56 PM
pacers and hawks have been tight? what?

D-Leethal
05-02-2013, 08:09 PM
After the first 2 games the majority of the series sucked. Boston and Houston saved this first round, Dubs-Nugs and Clips-Grizz were the only series worth watching a week ago.

king4day
05-02-2013, 08:13 PM
Good call. These series have been really good. I'm actually watching bball that isn't the Suns.

justinnum1
05-02-2013, 09:12 PM
It's because of the injuries they have leveled the field. Celtics would have swept the Knicks with a healthy rondo. Thunder would sweep Houston with Westbrook.