PDA

View Full Version : Mark Jackson and the Denver Nuggets (Interesting Quote)

Guppyfighter
05-01-2013, 03:00 AM
But while Jackson lobbed accusations at the Nuggets, he also said that he knew some Denver players were not on board with the team's tactics. "I got inside information that some people don't like that brand of basketball and they clearly didn't co-sign it," Jackson said. "They wanted to let me know they have no parts in what was taking place. Let the best team win. And let everybody with the exception of going down with a freak injury, let everybody leave out of here healthy. That's not good basketball."

Tymathee
05-01-2013, 03:32 AM
now the warriors know whats its like to be the lakers, heat, celtics, etc all teams with Marquee talent. Superstar players get mugged, get over it.

Then again, david stern loves his small market teams os maybe he'll actually do somethin now

Supreme LA
05-01-2013, 03:40 AM
I like Mark Jackson but he seriously sounds like a ***** with this whining. As a former NBA player, I expect a little more from him. I understand he is trying to stand up and protect his tiny and frail guard but come on, it wasn't even that bad. If he can't deal with what is going on now then what the hell would he say if they ended up matching up against the Grizzlies???

Seriously, the big men get it the worst in today's game because all the contact is overlooked in the paint night in and night out. You can literally trip, grab, pull, dip your shoulder into bigs, and pretty much use any amount of force you want on a big without getting a flagarant but you can barely even nudge or give a chicken wing to a little guard without someone crying??

BirdIsTheWord
05-01-2013, 03:44 AM
It was going both ways. He must have been looking the other way when Bogut and Green were getting physical.

Guppyfighter
05-01-2013, 03:44 AM
It was going both ways. He must have been looking the other way when Bogut and Green were getting physical.

He benched Bogut for the rest of the game for what he did.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
05-01-2013, 03:54 AM
Barely got to see any of the game today, but the little bit I did get to see I saw Faried give Curry a cheap shot in the chest. Idk if Mark Jackson is on to something or not but it was a little suspicious to say the least

asandhu23
05-01-2013, 04:14 AM
now the warriors know whats its like to be the lakers, heat, celtics, etc all teams with Marquee talent. Superstar players get mugged, get over it.

Then again, david stern loves his small market teams os maybe he'll actually do somethin now

1. Warriors know what it is like to be a top level team. Before 1993ish, W's were in playoffs all the time.

2. San Francisco Bay Area is not a small market. Maybe your perception is skewed because your location says So Cal ( probably LA ) but Bay Area is not small.

ESaady
05-01-2013, 04:15 AM
Punching holes through walls, taking cheap shots at the opposing team's star player, does Faried think this is early 90's basketball? Huehuehue

asandhu23
05-01-2013, 04:19 AM
Punching holes through walls, taking cheap shots at the opposing team's star player, does Faried think this is early 90's basketball? Huehuehue

I would take 90s basketball over this any day. Big Men and Guards got pushed around and had to push everyone around to survive in the league.

asandhu23
05-01-2013, 04:20 AM
like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHrygsvvQ48

Guppyfighter
05-01-2013, 04:21 AM
The league is just as physical now. Every player thinks it is less physical (nostalgia for the past) so they try to compensate by being extra physical.

Iron24th
05-01-2013, 04:23 AM
1. Warriors know what it is like to be a top level team. Before 1993ish, W's were in playoffs all the time.

2. San Francisco Bay Area is not a small market. Maybe your perception is skewed because your location says So Cal ( probably LA ) but Bay Area is not small.

1. You'll be never taken seriously with a false statement like this.

2. He talked about denver being the small market, think before you talk.

asandhu23
05-01-2013, 04:35 AM
1. You'll be never taken seriously with a false statement like this.

2. He talked about denver being the small market, think before you talk.

1. How is it false? Even with no playoff era of 80s and 2000s, we are still top 10 overall in playoff appearances.

http://www.nba.com/encyclopedia/playoffs_appearances.html

2. He is talking about SF Bay Area. YOU need to think before you talk. Read the quote again.

Guppyfighter
05-01-2013, 04:37 AM
Not everyone is old like us Asandhu. This guy is probably 17.

asandhu23
05-01-2013, 04:39 AM

That is one of the sad legacies of Cohan era. The youngsters think Warriors are a historical joke because of Cohan's management.

Iron24th
05-01-2013, 04:45 AM
1. How is it false? Even with no playoff era of 80s and 2000s, we are still top 10 overall in playoff appearances.

http://www.nba.com/encyclopedia/playoffs_appearances.html

2. He is talking about SF Bay Area. YOU need to think before you talk. Read the quote again.

1. two playoffs appearances in the last 20 years, you're ridiculous.

2. No he didn't, and if he did, he was wrong.

Who cares about 20 years ago? And just being in the playoffs doesn't make your team a top team.

Ty_Lawson
05-01-2013, 04:49 AM

no he didn't

Bogut Foul: Flagrant Type 1 (2 PF) (2 FTA) 08:18
Bogut Jump Shot: Missed 07:49
Bogut Substitution replaced by Landry 07:28
Landry Substitution replaced by Bogut 03:22
Bogut Foul: Shooting (3 PF) (2 FTA) 02:32
Bogut Substitution replaced by Ezeli 02:32
3rd Q:
Bogut Turnover : Bad Pass (1 TO) Steal:Lawson (1 ST) 11:17
...want me to find some more for you??
how can someone make fouls and go to the bench few times if he is there already?

sf-fanatic
05-01-2013, 05:48 AM
I wonder if Mark Jackson said that as gamemanship to split the Denver locker room?

Maybe the dumbass Mcgee admitted it?

Or is there an unhappy member on the Denver roster now too that leaked it (kinda like when an unhappy 49ers WR leaked when Singletary dropped his pants)?

Interesting quote to say the least.

Ty_Lawson
05-01-2013, 05:58 AM
We didn't try to hurt him so i don't think this is true, this quote..

JEDean89
05-01-2013, 06:04 AM
i mean if mark jackson is the only source then it's probably a bunch of crap. i'm sure a bunch of writers are gonna try and get the inside scoop. i don't get nba fans they want the game to be physical like the 90's but they don't want to players to get physical with their beloved superstars. the cetlics were one of the dirtiest teams in the nba the last 5 years and they had 2 finals appearances to show for it, this **** works. steph curry has yet to take his weight gain seriously and i am shocked he hasn't forced himself to gain some more lower body strength. the guys is a beast no doubt but nothing happened to him tonight that doesn't happen all regular season long. never have i heard a coach complain about a trip and an elbow in the playoffs like mark jackson did tonight. he should have said that the nuggets just protected homecourt and that they were ready for game 6 at the oracle arena, where they should wrap up the series. i'm not ever proud of a player that i am a fan of doing something stupid like what JR did to Jason Terry in Game 3, it just shouldn't be a part of your game if you are a true baller. The fact of the matter though is that the Warriors had the nuggets backed into a corner and the nuggets lashed out and did what they had to do to win the game. The Warriors now have a chance to counter, they have some big bodies themselves that they need to throw at the Nuggets. Festus Ezeli and Carl Landry should both have around 5 fouls at the end of the game. This is playoff basketball Warriors fans, you guys have played a hell of a series and I actually have gained a lot of respect for Mark Jackson, don't ruin this team's likeability to make stupid whiny comments that don't mean **** if you lose the game.

QueensG_718
05-01-2013, 06:25 AM
This is playoff basketball. Mark jackson needs to stop *****ing. The nuggets are playing for their playoff survival. What do you expect. Go hard or go home.

setman2000
05-01-2013, 07:07 AM
1st, if there actually was a Nugget who said anything to Jackson my guess would be Andre Miller.

2nd, what I saw was the Nuggets playing much more like the team that won 57 games. They played fast, in the paint and tough D creating turnovers. Yes they were a little more physical and if that's what it takes to win then so be it.

3rd, Jackson sounds like a total ****** whining about this. Just trying to set up his precious fragile point guard for game 6.

4th, Nuggets 25 fouls. Warriors 23 fouls 2 flagrant.

javsvt
05-01-2013, 07:53 AM
If he keeps whining like this, I'm gonna start rooting for Denver.

ManRam
05-01-2013, 09:46 AM
he's whining about nothing here.

but what he's really doing is coaching and working the refs.

it's obnoxious, and i'm now definitely rooting for denver, but it's gonna help his team.

FYL_McVeezy
05-01-2013, 10:15 AM

it's obnoxious, and i'm now definitely rooting for denver, but it's gonna help his team.

A bunch of the great coaches do it....Phil Jack did it plenty of times....Doc Rivers is another coach that comes to mind.....coaching is just as much a game of chess as anything else....

with that being said...there's nothing for Mark Jack to ***** about here...this is the playoffs, put on your big boy pants and let's play....

Mark Jackson is an old school coach who played in the old school....don't let him fool you, he knows what's up....

Mudvayne91
05-01-2013, 10:26 AM
Oh, please. If anything, the Warriors have been playing cheap the whole series. They've targeted Faried the entire ****ing series. Bogut has been giving cheap shots the whole series. I get what he's doing. He is trying to get the refs to blow any whistle near Curry.

I got inside information with no source too, he's full of **** and a ****ing hypocrite.

ManRam
05-01-2013, 10:41 AM
Oh, please. If anything, the Warriors have been playing cheap the whole series. They've targeted Faried the entire ****ing series. Bogut has been giving cheap shots the whole series. I get what he's doing. He is trying to get the refs to blow any whistle near Curry.

I got inside information with no source too, he's full of **** and a ****ing hypocrite.

yeah. it's certainly laced in hypocrisy. you could easily argue that the most "dirty" play of the series came from bogut. nothing the nuggets did was even close to flagrant. i'm sure they figured "hey, we gotta be a little for physical with curry", but setting a hard screen and fouling him a few times is nothing to whine about.

frankly i kinda agree with lawson. i don't usually like when people say it, but hey, "man up"

Rentzias
05-01-2013, 10:44 AM
All mind games. Good gamesmanship by Mark Jackson, coaches are politicians too. I wouldn't put much stock in what he said, but appreciate that he's trying to do everything he can to sway the games in his team's favor. You want that out of a coach.

It'll be interesting to see how the refs decide to open the game tomorrow and how the players react to it.

Go Nugs.

The Ooh Child
05-01-2013, 10:44 AM
Yesterday Mark Jackson was on ESPN, and they asked him what he would do to defend Curry if he was still in the league, and he said something to the effect that he would knock him on his butt and try to intimidate him

Mudvayne91
05-01-2013, 11:08 AM
yeah. it's certainly laced in hypocrisy. you could easily argue that the most "dirty" play of the series came from bogut. nothing the nuggets did was even close to flagrant. i'm sure they figured "hey, we gotta be a little for physical with curry", but setting a hard screen and fouling him a few times is nothing to whine about.

frankly i kinda agree with lawson. i don't usually like when people say it, but hey, "man up"

Definitely. I don't have too much of an issue with the way GS or Bogut more particular has played. It's playoff basketball and I've seen much worse not even go into question. In fact, I was just saying how I wish we had a player like Bogut yesterday. My problem is when someone is casting a stone for doing the same thing and arguably doing worse.

FYL_McVeezy
05-01-2013, 11:13 AM
Yesterday Mark Jackson was on ESPN, and they asked him what he would do to defend Curry if he was still in the league, and he said something to the effect that he would knock him on his butt and try to intimidate him

hence why I said don't let Mark Jack fool you....he's from the old school....he's knows the Nugs are gonna have to be physical to slow down Curry....

What he said is ALL gamesmanship...trying to influence the refs whistles so they can end this series next game....

Ty_Lawson
05-01-2013, 11:24 AM
David Baumann: I love GSW G Jarrett Jack's rebuttal about Mark Jackson's comments about the Nuggets' "dirty play:" Reporter: Was it dirty? Jack: Nope. :clap:

SugeKnight
05-01-2013, 12:10 PM
I agree that it's playing more to the refs. He's just trying to get Curry to the line more. Anything to get an advantage.

I'm nervous as a warrior fan because it looks like Karl finally found a good rotation. Idk why it took so long when everyone saw what was wrong after game 2.

Gonna be a fun game 6!

tredigs
05-01-2013, 12:24 PM

"Man up" is all well and good until Faried took the weak cheap shot at Curry's ankle. That **** is just pathetic, and if fans from other teams think they'd be cool with their star players injuries being targeted like that and to just "man up becuz this is playoff basketball!", you're lying to yourselves.

Faried has definitely been getting cheap shotted, but none of them at his legs, just to his chest and face. Beyond that, M. Jackson (fool that he is sometimes), decided to bench Bogut the rest of the game on account of it. So don't give us this nonsense like the two are in any way equal.

"MAN UP and take the shot at your ankles when you're not involved in the play. THIS IS BASKETBALL". You guys are killing me with the tough guy acts.

tredigs
05-01-2013, 12:29 PM
All that said, Jackson's just playing to the refs as coaches often do. For him to make the cheap shot comment without addressing that it's going both ways is ridiculous. They're both playing dirty, but I've yet to see a GS player go after Faried's injury.

FreakaNashur
05-01-2013, 12:37 PM
welcome to playoff basketball golden state WAAAHHH!-riors

ThuglifeJ
05-01-2013, 12:38 PM

agreed. I like Curry but I also dont like anyone being babied or favored. everyone has their weaknesses, curry's is being small. You should be allowed to try and take advantage of their weaknesses it's a damn competition

btw what does your '"what's "shift"' mean..

BKLYNpigeon
05-01-2013, 12:55 PM
Mark Jackson had, "Inside Information" hhahaha

an Assistant from the Nuggets told Mark Jackson that they were coming after Curry, and he want to let Jackson know that he didnt sign off and agree on it. it must be an assistant thats on his way out of Denver. if im the Nuggs or GK I would be PISSED!

Stinkyoutsider
05-01-2013, 12:59 PM
I think Jackson is sneaky in a good way.

He's a former player so he knows the playoffs are very physical and cheap shots are used. But for him to point out that some of the players on the Nuggets aren't with the program and telling the media that these players came to him and told them this is clever. A good way to get into the opponents mind and ruin team chemistry, even if it's only temporary. The Warriors only need to win 1 more to go thru so if this affects the Nuggets for even the first half, it was worth it.

Mudvayne91
05-01-2013, 01:00 PM
Mark Jackson had, "Inside Information" hhahaha

an Assistant from the Nuggets told Mark Jackson that they were coming after Curry, and he want to let Jackson know that he didnt sign off and agree on it. it must be an assistant thats on his way out of Denver. if im the Nuggs or GK I would be PISSED!

Or it must be Jackson is entirely full of ****. I think I'm going with the latter. It's a ***** move, but it'll probably work.

BKLYNpigeon
05-01-2013, 01:07 PM
Game 6 is shaping up to be a Real good game... Vegas has the Warriors favored by 1.5

BKLYNpigeon
05-01-2013, 01:11 PM
Nuggets played great in game 5 and the Warriors down 22 points still had a chance to win.

Mudvayne91
05-01-2013, 01:19 PM
I couldn't believe the spread was pretty much equal game 4. I think GS wins pretty convincing in 6. I pray I'm wrong.

JoeBlessU
05-01-2013, 01:19 PM
This is a prime example of why basketball is seen as such a soft sport... I actually think Brittney Griner would bring some toughness to the league, what a joke. If you guys wanna watch a real mans sport turn on playoff hockey, none of this sissy crap..I cant take another poutty face, its getting old

lol, please
05-01-2013, 01:25 PM

I would love to hear why you don't like to hear this statement. I would have especially wished that someone would say something like this when I was still in the military. I would love to here any explanation for not "manning/sacking up" in any given applicable situation.

obie
05-01-2013, 01:41 PM
that's whining to you guys? lol

mp3
05-01-2013, 01:42 PM
Hey lets all put a quote given by Mark Jackson under a microscope to hide the fact that he's completely out coaching Karl. This will all be irrelevant when the Warriors win game 6. Book it. Series over. Good day.

Mudvayne91
05-01-2013, 01:50 PM
Hey lets all put a quote given by Mark Jackson under a microscope to hide the fact that he's completely out coaching Karl. This will all be irrelevant when the Warriors win game 6. Book it. Series over. Good day.
He is out coaching Karl, which makes it even more pathetic. Warriors have been better, no Nuggets fans are trying to talk crap there, so save your douchey smugness.

mp3
05-01-2013, 01:54 PM
He is out coaching Karl, which makes it even more pathetic. Warriors have been better, no Nuggets fans are trying to talk crap there, so save your douchey smugness.

Sorry you are getting so upset friend. Series still over.

ESaady
05-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Whatevz, I'm expecting a helluvan effort in Game 6 from both teams. It's gonna be fun to watch, especially with the crowd in Oakland being all rowdy expecting their team to clinch.

ESaady
05-01-2013, 02:16 PM
Whatevz, I'm expecting a helluvan effort in Game 6 from both teams. It's gonna be fun to watch, especially with the crowd in Oakland being all rowdy expecting their team to clinch.

Ty_Lawson
05-01-2013, 02:43 PM
I will just say this:
If that hit in Currys ankle was Faried trying to hurt him then that push from Bogut is him trying to kill Faried...so stop talking **** about our plays and try to win next one...you guys are 3-2 and have a chance to win it at home...don't look for excuses in our "dirty" play when you are the only ones that find it "dirty"

Rentzias
05-01-2013, 02:49 PM
Thread started by a GSW fan, no? GSW mod?

Shkelqim
05-01-2013, 02:50 PM
This is a smart set up' you don't think Marc Jackson is doing this 2 get his team fired up. Watch how physical they will be next game. Phil Jackson was notorious for doing this. Props to Marc ...

Mudvayne91
05-01-2013, 02:59 PM
This is a smart set up' you don't think Marc Jackson is doing this 2 get his team fired up. Watch how physical they will be next game. Phil Jackson was notorious for doing this. Props to Marc ...

They've been physical/borderline overly pretty much the whole series. If you want to talk about targeting, Faried has been since game 2. I don't see him doing this to get his team fired up to be tougher, but to get any fouls against anyone that even thinks of playing D on Curry.

Guppyfighter
05-01-2013, 03:09 PM
Everyone should probably see this. http://www.sbnation.com/2013/5/1/4288556/denver-nuggets-dirty-stephen-curry-mark-jackson

OceanSpray
05-01-2013, 03:10 PM
Mark Jackson, the guy who played in one of the most physical era says it's too physical? No way!! There's your answer, NBA today is just as physical.

ManRam
05-01-2013, 03:34 PM
I would love to hear why you don't like to hear this statement. I would have especially wished that someone would say something like this when I was still in the military. I would love to here any explanation for not "manning/sacking up" in any given applicable situation.

i often see it used in arguments as, well, an argument on its own. it's kinda something that people just whip out there when they can't otherwise articulate what they're actually saying.

ManRam
05-01-2013, 03:36 PM
Everyone should probably see this. http://www.sbnation.com/2013/5/1/4288556/denver-nuggets-dirty-stephen-curry-mark-jackson

and the conclusion prada makes?

"not dirty"

and he points out the clear hypocrisy as well. fair article.

the nuggets clearly were trying to be more physical with curry, but i don't at all think they crossed the line. at the very least, they were doing nothing that GS hadn't already done before.

Guppyfighter
05-01-2013, 03:37 PM
and the conclusion prada makes?

"not dirty"

and he points out the clear hypocrisy as well. fair article.

the nuggets clearly were trying to be more physical with curry, but i don't at all think they crossed the line. at the very least, they were doing nothing that GS hadn't already done before.

That's why I showed it.

BallIsAll
05-01-2013, 05:10 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/2013/05/01/nuggets-hit-man-says-he-wasnt-even-thinking-about-his-ankle-honestly/8781/

Faried:

“I thought they were mad about the shoulder, honestly. I wasn’t going for his ankle at all. I wasn’t trying to. I wasn’t even thinking about his ankle, honestly. I forgot it was injured. But he walked through, and I was just giving him a bump, like, ‘Hey, we’re not going to let you have that type of night you’ve been having. I was just being physical.”

Guppyfighter
05-01-2013, 06:23 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/2013/05/01/nuggets-hit-man-says-he-wasnt-even-thinking-about-his-ankle-honestly/8781/

Faried:

Well he is lying because there is about five clear images and video showing him going after the ankle.

ThaDubs
05-01-2013, 08:20 PM

Iirc, you just called the Warriors a small market team?

Clippersfan86
05-01-2013, 08:27 PM
Mark is a great young coach but we've seen this before from him. Vs the Clippers his team was going nuts mocking our players and he even tried to take shots at us.. then the next game when we blew them out by like 30 he cried after the game how we were showboating and acting classless. In general just seems like a hypocritical, play the victim type.

Tymathee
05-01-2013, 09:14 PM
Iirc, you just called the Warriors a small market team?

Yeah, i did, they're in Oakland right? The A's can't make enough money to do anything, the warriors can't make enough money to do anything, Sacramento can't, the only team in that area that makes enough money to do anything is the San Francisco Giants so YES, they are a small market.

Southern Florida is a small market, not because there's no money or no people but because they don't make a lot of money.

tredigs
05-01-2013, 09:21 PM
Yeah, i did, they're in Oakland right? The A's can't make enough money to do anything, the warriors can't make enough money to do anything, Sacramento can't, the only team in that area that makes enough money to do anything is the San Francisco Giants so YES, they are a small market.

Southern Florida is a small market, not because there's no money or no people but because they don't make a lot of money.
I don't think you understand how market size works.

ThaDubs
05-01-2013, 09:25 PM

You don't understand market size. Warriors are one of the largest markets in the NBA.

BallIsAll
05-01-2013, 09:29 PM
Well he is lying because there is about five clear images and video showing him going after the ankle.

You guys are over exaggerating. Grow some. Curry doesn't need anyone to injure his ankle he will do it himself soon enough.

John Walls Era
05-01-2013, 09:41 PM
stop whining and play the game. theres a fine line between being a good coach who plants seeds into the ref's mind and a whiner.

ThaDubs
05-01-2013, 09:53 PM
You guys are over exaggerating. Grow some. Curry doesn't need anyone to injure his ankle he will do it himself soon enough.

Don't be a ****. Your PG missed 5 more games than Curry did this season.

COOLbeans
05-01-2013, 09:57 PM
I think it was Iggy. He and mark were chatting closed mouth during the game. And he's never been a dirty player

Guppyfighter
05-01-2013, 11:59 PM

I posted a link that showed Faried putting his ****ing leg out to trip up Curry's ankle multiple times.

How is that an exaggeration?

COOLbeans
05-02-2013, 03:04 AM
I posted a link that showed Faried putting his ****ing leg out to trip up Curry's ankle multiple times.

How is that an exaggeration?

I don't think any of them want to admit to seeing that video

Guppyfighter
05-02-2013, 03:06 AM
They can interpret it how they want, but denying it is pretty obnoxious on their part when it obviously happened.

setman2000
05-02-2013, 03:39 AM
From George Carl in todays Denver Post:

Speaking more generally about how physical the series has become, Karl said Wednesday: "Every playoff series I've been in, and I've been in a lot of them, as the series goes on, it gets more physical. We don't like each other, we shouldn't like each other, there's pain and anguish to every win and loss. Competitive spirit. I'm just trying to figure out what movie he's watching, because it's not the one I'm watching."

Asked if he takes Jackson's allegations personally, Karl said: "Not when I think it doesn't exist."

Karl then decided to point out that the Warriors have been extremely physical, even dirty at times.

"If there's a scorecard and we're in a boxing fight right now, they're winning the fight," Karl said. "OK, we won a round (here and there), but I'm going to tell you, I'll go to any arbiter now and show the dirty shots — they're winning.

"Some of them are really good at the things they do. Andrew Bogut started it; the (Draymond) Green kid is really good at it; and Festus (Ezeli) is pretty good too. ... Check the elbow to Ty Lawson's head with 20 seconds to go in the second quarter. Check that one out."

Full Article: Nuggets coach George Karl, Warriors coach Mark Jackson in war of words

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_23152068/nuggets-coach-george-karl-warriors-coach-mark-jackson

LayBraun
05-02-2013, 03:39 AM
Mark Jackson is playing a chess game. Really nothing to complain about here. If this gets so much attention then he's already won. Plus, if there is one thing a head coach should know it's that you ALWAYS stick up for your players, even if there isn't much merit.

3iverson3
05-02-2013, 04:37 AM

How do you know he benched bogut for what he did? Maybe bogut was ineffective that game and he didn't want to play him

3iverson3
05-02-2013, 04:39 AM
Jackson is a hypocrite. Green has been, by far, the dirtiest player in this series

yaswaggin
05-02-2013, 07:16 AM
both teams have played dirty

so jackson needs to shut up

ThaDubs
05-02-2013, 08:00 AM
Jackson is a hypocrite. Green has been, by far, the dirtiest player in this series

Green has been our best on ball defender. Besides the play in retaliation the other day he hasn't been dirty at all. It's called playing good defense.

Tymathee
05-02-2013, 10:30 AM
You don't understand market size. Warriors are one of the largest markets in the NBA.

then your owner is just a cheap bastard cuz they dont spend on anything and are content to be good enough.

Guppyfighter
05-02-2013, 10:35 AM
then your owner is just a cheap bastard cuz they dont spend on anything and are content to be good enough.

You are conflating old ownership with new ownership. This owner is totally find with spending money. Cohan is gone.

BKLYNpigeon
05-02-2013, 10:48 AM
How do you know he benched bogut for what he did? Maybe bogut was ineffective that game and he didn't want to play him

Bogut's ankle was bothering him, Nuggets were up 20 so Mark Jackson decided to rest him.

BKLYNpigeon
05-02-2013, 10:53 AM
Mark Jackson is playing a crafty chess match with everyone..

- He's taking the pressure off his players and taking all the attention and heat for his comments.

- Messing around with the Nuggets staff by mentioning his, Inside Sources.

- He's also highlight the fact that Curry getting hit. Referees will be watching him closer now and make the calls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SStvMCFK-_E

Mudvayne91
05-02-2013, 11:24 AM
Bogut's ankle was bothering him, Nuggets were up 20 so Mark Jackson decided to rest him.

What was the injury that kept him out for most of the year?

3iverson3
05-02-2013, 01:51 PM

Exactly so it has nothing to do with bogut hitting Faried and Jackson taking him out for that

3iverson3
05-02-2013, 01:52 PM
Green has been our best on ball defender. Besides the play in retaliation the other day he hasn't been dirty at all. It's called playing good defense.

Guess you haven't watched all the games then. Games one and two the guy just swings his arms at the chest of people as they try to go for a rebound or he shoulders them as they jump. Green sucks lol

kdspurman
05-02-2013, 03:02 PM
George Karl :laugh2:

"I'll go to any arbiter right now and show the dirty shots. They're winning. I like some of their guys. They're really good at what they do. Bogut started it. The Green kid is really good at it, and Festus [Ezeli] is pretty good at it too."

Especially for a young player, he's blossomed into his role, a Denver reporter joked.

"Yeah, really blossomed into the elbowing a--hole guy," Karl sniped.

Zackthesack
05-02-2013, 03:25 PM
Lol are you serious with that video?

ohreally
05-02-2013, 07:44 PM

Phil Jackson did this all the time. You know, Phil Jackson, the guy that always knew how to use his elbows.

BigBlueCrew
05-02-2013, 07:47 PM
David Stern laying the smack down again
-----------------------------------------------------

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/9237062/2013-nba-playoffs-golden-state-warriors-coach-mark-jackson-fined-25000

Golden State coach Mark Jackson was fined $25,000 by the NBA on Thursday for making public comments in an attempt to influence the officiating in the Warriors' playoff series with Denver.

After Golden State's 107-100 loss at Denver on Tuesday night, Jackson repeatedly mentioned Kenneth Faried's foul in the first half, when the Denver forward stuck out his right leg and moved his body while Warriors star Stephen Curry ran through traffic.

"They tried to send hit men at Steph," Jackson said. "There were some dirty plays early."

Jackson also commented Wednesday before practice at the team's headquarters.

"They'll be physical again. They'll try to beat up Steph Curry. They'll try to set illegal screens. They'll try to chuck him when he goes down the lane," said Jackson, whose team took a 3-2 series lead into Game 6 on Thursday night. "Other than that, I'm not sure what to expect out of them."

Denver Nuggets coach George Karl thought the reaction to his team's Game 5 victory sounded like a "different movie than I'm watching."

"If there's a scorecard, if we're in a boxing fight right now, they're winning the fight," Karl said Wednesday. "OK, we won Round 1, maybe our first round (Tuesday) night. I'm going to tell you, I'll go to any arbiter right now and show the dirty shots. They're winning."