PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's Chris Broussard Says Being Gay Is "An Open Rebellion To God"

spreadeagle
04-29-2013, 06:06 PM
not all positive feedback on Collins coming out,hes entitled to his opinion, wonder how espn will feel about him saying this though

http://deadspin.com/espns-chris-broussard-says-being-gay-is-an-open-rebel-484708467

ManRam
04-29-2013, 06:06 PM
well this will get closed.

but if he's right, why do we care. won't god judge him in the end? let him live his life.

JeffG20
04-29-2013, 06:10 PM
like there wasent enough reasons to dislike the guy already. don't really take him seriously to begin with so it doesn't bother me much

SugeKnight
04-29-2013, 06:10 PM
Religious discussion is not allowed on PSD

KnickaBocka.44
04-29-2013, 06:12 PM
This should put him out of his misery.

kobe4thewinbang
04-29-2013, 06:17 PM
I don't know. Saying anything that isn't "PC friendly/lib friendly" these days could get you fired. But I'm sure free speech would apply.

JEDean89
04-29-2013, 06:17 PM
kenneth faried and jason collins gonna have to explain to Broussard that if there is a hell, it's comments like that that will get someone there.

BigBlueCrew
04-29-2013, 06:24 PM
wow, Im surprised they havent fired him yet, free speech or not

GiantsSwaGG
04-29-2013, 06:25 PM
Did one of his sources tell him this?

murphturph
04-29-2013, 06:26 PM
That ignorant mother ****er is losing his Job. Or he said that for ratings and espn is ok wit it

JeffG20
04-29-2013, 06:26 PM
out of all the "sinning" in the NBA that goes on he picks this out? it seems like he's using it as an excuse to condem the guy

D-Leethal
04-29-2013, 06:27 PM
Did one of his sources tell him this?

LOL.

Broussard is a moron, hope he gets fired for this.

redsoxknicks
04-29-2013, 06:28 PM
The more air time this guy gets, the more juvenile he sounds. And not just on this topic.

Litchris12
04-29-2013, 06:28 PM
I understand where Chris Broussard is talking about

The goods
04-29-2013, 06:29 PM
**** him who is he to say how god feels?

Akagaminosteven
04-29-2013, 06:30 PM
Everyone is entitled to their beliefs (no matter how weird this one is for me), but I think you need to practice discretion in voicing them. I'd say that as a journalist (it kinda hurts me to call him that), it's not quite appropriate.

I'd also be surprised if Broussard has read any of the passages in the Bible that relate to this topic. Well, unless someone tweeted them first so he could use it as a source.

ThunderousDemon
04-29-2013, 06:31 PM
Chris Broussard picked the wrong line of work.

NBA is sin city, baby.

FlakeyFool
04-29-2013, 06:31 PM
Hes a closet homosexual

Chronz
04-29-2013, 06:33 PM
Mempis

esscobar05
There is nothing wrong with what Broussard said... i don't know why some PSD members get their panties all wadded up... Freedom of speech regardless of if you agree or disagree.. There are too many sensitive folk out there..

FlakeyFool
My sources tell me broussard and chris bosh are lovers

Master Mind
04-29-2013, 06:34 PM
wow, Im surprised they havent fired him yet, free speech or not

What did he say that was wrong?

Sandman
04-29-2013, 06:35 PM
ouch, some things you don't say publicly regardless of your faith, Broussard.

Did Steven A Smith just get his job back?

smith&wesson
04-29-2013, 06:35 PM
I understand that people have stong beleifs in god and in their religious views. but to reject your own sexual orientation in fear of being judged when you die is pretty dumb.

What if nothing happends when you die ? what if its just black and infinite like how it was before you were born ? wouldnt you regret not having sex in your life time ? lol just saying.

Sandman
04-29-2013, 06:36 PM

he took a stance on a taboo issue in a very public domain.

PLAYERS FAN
04-29-2013, 06:37 PM

Ur telling me that the atheist/communist/evolutionist has taken over PSD?:speechless: Was not are government, and education school system was not enough.

ghettosean
04-29-2013, 06:38 PM
not all positive feedback on Collins coming out,hes entitled to his opinion, wonder how espn will feel about him saying this though

http://deadspin.com/espns-chris-broussard-says-being-gay-is-an-open-rebel-484708467

ESPN will love this and I wouldn't be surprised if they told him to say this so they can get more eyes glued to --> ESPN.

All they want is people to talk about it and them so they can get more ratings.

That's it!

Vampirate
04-29-2013, 06:39 PM
Probably a career ending move, he can believe whatever he wants but saying certain things can/will have dire consequences.

JonnyBushido
04-29-2013, 06:40 PM
Hmmm did one of his "sources" tell him this?

PLAYERS FAN
Ur telling me that the atheist/communist/evolutionist has taken over PSD?:speechless: Was not are government, and education school system was not enough.

JeffG20
There is nothing wrong with what Broussard said... i don't know why some PSD members get their panties all wadded up... Freedom of speech regardless of if you agree or disagree.. There are too many sensitive folk out there..

because he's literally using religion as an excuse to hate on the guy...

the league is filled with guys that cheat on their wives, commit crimes, and do acts worse then being Gay. yet he wants to call him out for this... its bull ****.

there is plenty of people sinning but this guy he called out isn't one of them

BigBlueCrew

everyone is entitled to their own opinion, just not at ESPN. We'll see what comes of it.

ThunderousDemon
04-29-2013, 06:41 PM

The links in your sig are not allowed.

smith&wesson
04-29-2013, 06:42 PM
Probably a career ending move, he can believe whatever he wants but saying certain things can/will have dire consequences.

not in north american society. now a days companies are more concerned with ratings than anything else. alot of the crazy things you hear are simply publicity stunts. You say something controversial and get a big reaction from the mass and you will be praised rather then punished.

being socially responsible is just not that important any more .. plus you have that freedom of speach thing..

Raps08-09 Champ
04-29-2013, 06:43 PM
Religious related.

JWO35
04-29-2013, 06:43 PM
Did he say this on TV? :pity:

Bravo95
04-29-2013, 06:45 PM
Let's be honest, Broussard might be somewhat sincere but most of these people who use the religious angle in this are not practicing what they preach in everyday life. Get rid of the crutches.

KnickaBocka.44
04-29-2013, 06:45 PM
because he's literally using religion as an excuse to hate on the guy...

the league is filled with guys that cheat on their wives, commit crimes, and do acts worse then being Gay. yet he wants to call him out for this... its bull ****.

there is plenty of people sinning but this guy he called out isn't one of them

He called all of those guys out too. He said that anyone committing adultery or living a life of repetitive sin is not a Christian. He came across extremely smug.

Sandman
04-29-2013, 06:46 PM

very upset to find out that's not a fat nug after reading your sig.

Vampirate
04-29-2013, 06:46 PM
not in north american society. now a days companies are more concerned with ratings than anything else. being socially responsible is just not that important any more .. plus you have that freedom of speach thing..

I can have the freedom to say the most stupid, hate filled things I want, it doesn't mean it won't have ramifications. As for ESPN, we'll see, i'm not saying they will or will not keep him but like his comments, their action or inaction will have ramifications as well.

smith&wesson
04-29-2013, 06:48 PM
Did he say this on TV? :pity:

Television has become the most effective tool to sway the general publics perception on any given topic. yet everything you see on tv is bs or manipulation. CNN, fox etc = straight up garbage and lies.

sports, is the only thing i watch on tv and the ocaisonal movie.

akesh99
04-29-2013, 06:49 PM
Why would they even facilitate this discussion on ESPN?

smith&wesson
04-29-2013, 06:49 PM
I can have the freedom to say the most stupid, hate filled things I want, it doesn't mean it won't have ramifications. As for ESPN, we'll see, i'm not saying they will or will not keep him but like his comments, their action or inaction will have ramifications as well.

I didnt know it was against the law to express your religious beleifs.

smith&wesson
04-29-2013, 06:51 PM
Why would they even facilitate this discussion on ESPN?

because it is controversial, which is what the general public is drawn too.

Captain Moroni
04-29-2013, 06:54 PM

Heaven Forbid. Freedom of speech now includes pretty much everything but religion.
Our Nation is just asking for it.

Why you cant talk about God in a thread about Chris Brousards belief in God is just silly.

Some of you should seriously look at what you post. You are so filled with hate and spew nasty nasty things about a persons personal opinion and belief. Who are any of you to judge him?

Shame on you as much as shame on anyone who is rude or mean to homosexuals.

If Tolerance and acceptance is what you desire, show some yourselves.

Master Mind
04-29-2013, 06:55 PM
Let's be honest, Broussard might be somewhat sincere but most of these people who use the religious angle in this are not practicing what they preach in everyday life. Get rid of the crutches.

You shouldn't be concerned with whether they're practicing it or not, you gotta do your part.

JeffG20
04-29-2013, 06:55 PM

who said anything about illegal? when he said ramifications i'm sure he meant from a PR standpoint.

spreadeagle
04-29-2013, 07:00 PM

Vampirate
04-29-2013, 07:00 PM

No, I meant that in a different way. Imagine John Rocker goes to New York and in the middle of a african community there started one of his racist, New York hate filled speeches in the middle of a crowd. You don't think he's going to get a nasty reaction from the crowd? It's his freedom to say whatever he wants, but obviously it's not a smart idea.

As for what Chris said, he possibly triggered a land mine here due to the backlash he might recieve on a sensative issue, a consequence.

spreadeagle
04-29-2013, 07:01 PM
The links in your sig are not allowed.

LOL wtf is up with those.....

JonnyBushido
04-29-2013, 07:05 PM
You shouldn't be concerned with whether they're practicing it or not, you gotta do your part.

Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house.

Bravo95
04-29-2013, 07:05 PM
I've had this discussion plenty of times. I used to feel differently about it actually, but then I grew up, realized how silly it was, educated myself. And I'm someone who believes in a Higher Power, so you're not talking to someone who just bashes religion for the fun of it, we all have our own journey.

Trust me, life is way more fun when you get the hate and judgment out of your heart.

Hellcrooner
04-29-2013, 07:09 PM
DOnt want him to get fired, freespeech is a right and should always be allowed.

But this certifies Broussard is a moron.

DumDum
04-29-2013, 07:10 PM
I wonder if they fire him now

Master Mind
04-29-2013, 07:10 PM
Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house.

Pretty much

Rick Rude
04-29-2013, 07:11 PM
I find it funny that everyone thought the players would have a bad reaction to a player coming out, and it was the guy who works for Disney who had the worst reaction.

This coming from a guy who is constantly on twitter talking about back rights, there is something seriously wrong with all these outspoken civil rights black guys, who come out against equal rights for gays. What a clown.

Tony_Starks
04-29-2013, 07:13 PM
Barkley just came on TNT and said people that congratulate him shouldn't be judged but people that don't agree with it shouldn't be looked at bad either. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. That pretty much sums it up....

5ass
04-29-2013, 07:16 PM
Why should his opinion matter more than mine, yours, or even Jason Collins? Chris Brossard is a SPORTS analyst, and he's not even good at that. Collins being gay is not that big of a deal. Im really surprised at how much attention that story is getting.

Swashcuff
04-29-2013, 07:18 PM
People really seem not to understand that free speech or not there's going to be ramifications to your actions. If those ramification reflect negatively on your employers they are then entitled to cut you loose. If you so believe in free speech imagine if Broussard said something utterly idiotic like saying he supported Osama Bin Laden. Would you still say there's free speech in America and he doesn't deserve to be fired?

I agree with what he's saying but being that he's a journalist he should have been more careful in what he says in the public.

John Walls Era
04-29-2013, 07:18 PM
I don't believe in organized religion, but if Broussard is a Christian then he should STFU. Only God has the right to judge, Chris Broussard needs to just be quiet about other people's lives.

gwrighter
04-29-2013, 07:19 PM
As Bill Simmons would say, "DONT GET FIRED!"

JonnyBushido
04-29-2013, 07:19 PM
Pretty much

I think my post was misinterpreted. I wasn't agreeing with what he said or why he said it. I was saying he himself has no right to claim others aren't Christians because of the sins they commit, when he surely commits sins himself.

Swashcuff
04-29-2013, 07:20 PM
Why should his opinion matter more than mine, yours, or even Jason Collins? Chris Brossard is a SPORTS analyst, and he's not even good at that. Collins being gay is not that big of a deal. Im really surprised at how much attention that story is getting.

His opinion is garnering attention because he's one of the most recognizable NBA Analysts in the world and is one of the first public figures to condemn Collins for being a gay man. Common sense really.

Allphakenny1
04-29-2013, 07:22 PM
DOnt want him to get fired, freespeech is a right and should always be allowed.

But this certifies Broussard is a moron.

Freedom of speach is about the law. He cannot go to jail for what he said. However, you can lose your job over what you say. He represents ESPN and if they do not feel he is representing in a positive light they can and should fire him. People cannot say whatever they wan without any consequences.

cg_la00
04-29-2013, 07:24 PM
i didnt know broussard or any other anti-gay people speaks for God :rolleyes:

Master Mind
04-29-2013, 07:25 PM
I've had this discussion plenty of times. I used to feel differently about it actually, but then I grew up, realized how silly it was, educated myself. And I'm someone who believes in a Higher Power, so you're not talking to someone who just bashes religion for the fun of it, we all have our own journey.

Trust me, life is way more fun when you get the hate and judgment out of your heart.

No one's hating nor judging, those are contradictory to Christianity. Broussard clearly states he doesn't have anything against the man, he just doesn't agree with homosexuality as it pertains to his faith. We are all born sinners until we become born again. God loves everyone, he doesn't like sin. Homosexuality is a sin. Scripture tells us that God desires all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of truth. It didn't say some but all. I was taught that homosexuality is a bad spirit, as with racism, and so on. I'm not gonna get any deeper than I already am I'm just relaying a few things.

ChiSox219
04-29-2013, 07:29 PM
Hes a closet homosexual

this

king4day
04-29-2013, 07:34 PM
Closing as religious debate always goes south.