PDA

View Full Version : Woj: NBA Committees vote NO to relocation of Kings to Seattle

justinnum1
04-29-2013, 04:59 PM
Espn reporting it.

GunFactor187
04-29-2013, 05:02 PM
So is Woj...

Adrian Wojnarowski
‏@WojYahooNBA

The NBA committees have voted no to relocation of Kings to Seattle, sources tell Y! Sports.

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/328977074075361281

TeamSeattle
04-29-2013, 05:04 PM
Yea Yea we know Stern hates Seattle and apparently everyone else. They didn't care about ripping our team from of us when Clay did it though.

sep11ie
04-29-2013, 05:04 PM
I hate seeing good sports towns lose their teams, but part of me was excited to see the Seattle Supersonics again.

DR_1
04-29-2013, 05:05 PM
Espn reporting it.

Poor Seattle, somebody really must hate them

king4day
04-29-2013, 05:07 PM
Updated the thread title.
I'm glad they're staying. It'd be a crime to take away from probably a top 5 fanbase.

asandhu23
04-29-2013, 05:08 PM
Stern is probably pissed someone misspelled his name at a local Starbucks.

TeamSeattle
04-29-2013, 05:08 PM
Actually this was just a RECOMMENDATION vote, its not official yet but it probably killed the deal.

@HowardBeckNYT
Key NBA committee has unanimously recommended that owners DENY Kings' application to move to Seattle. Full board will vote week of May 13.

Kings Faithful
04-29-2013, 05:10 PM
Sacramento baby! Here We Stayed!

Raps18-19 Champ
Yea Yea we know Stern hates Seattle and apparently everyone else. They didn't care about ripping our team from of us when Clay did it though.

Prove it.

Rivera
Good the kings have a great fan base. I may get killed by some posters but I think a great candidate is the bucks to move to Seattle. They are an original franchise but I think they are at a point in there franchise where a move may benefit the team. Not necessarily the fans of the Milwaukee bucks but it would benefit the team and the nba

Infamous916
04-29-2013, 05:12 PM
You also didn't have an ex-NBA player who happens to be Mayor.

Enough cannot be said about the job Kevin Johnson has done to try and keep the Kings in Sacramento.

NateyB24
04-29-2013, 05:18 PM
League wants Hansen around to hold Milwaukee hostage i hope he doesn't fall for it.

bholly
An NBA owners' committee studying the future of the Sacramento Kings has unanimously recommended the team not be moved to Seattle and be kept in Sacramento.

The owners of the Kings, the Maloof family, had been pushing the Kings be sold to a group that would move the team to Seattle. The finance and relocation committees held a conference call Monday afternoon to make their final decision on what to recommend to the rest of the league's owners after studying competing offers for several months.

Under procedure, the owners will not vote until seven days after they receive the findings of the committee, which means any decision will not become official until next week. However, the full body of owners is expected to follow the recommendation.

The board will meet during the week of May 13 to vote, the league said in a release.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9225104/nba-owners-committee-recommends-sacramento-kings-stay-put

Sounds like it's a formality now.

JLynn943
It's not over yet, but this is huge. I'm so happy right now :D

TeamSeattle
04-29-2013, 05:21 PM
It's not over yet, but this is huge. I'm so happy right now :D

Yea its not exactly over until the full board meeting on May 13 it was just a very strong recommendation.

bholly
04-29-2013, 05:34 PM
Kevin Johnson ‏@KJ_MayorJohnson 21m
That's what I'm talking about SACRAMENTO!!!!! WE DID IT!!!!!

Kevin Johnson ‏@KJ_MayorJohnson 20m
I've never been prouder of this city. I thank the ownership group, city leaders, but most of all the BEST FANS IN THE NBA!!!

Kevin Johnson ‏@KJ_MayorJohnson 6m
I want to take my hat off to Seattle.you're a great city,had a great proposal, unbelievable fans & no doubt deserve a team in the future.

sacgiants1213
04-29-2013, 05:56 PM
Yea its not exactly over until the full board meeting on May 13 it was just a very strong recommendation.

nah, it's over.

sacgiants1213
04-29-2013, 05:58 PM
Hansen picked on the wrong city... and the wrong mayor.

i'myourdaddy
04-29-2013, 06:01 PM
Where all the troll calling out Sacramento Kings fans, WE BLEED PURPLE, HERE WE ****ING STAYED!!

Jenceman
04-29-2013, 06:02 PM
Good for Sacramento.

TeamSeattle
04-29-2013, 06:05 PM

Cool now Kevin Johnson and fans can go back to not caring about a team who's last in attendance.

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

i'myourdaddy
04-29-2013, 06:09 PM
LOL bitter sonic fans, at least we'll have our team. Your statement show how much you know about our city, hence why your city lose.

NateyB24
04-29-2013, 06:10 PM

KJ can be all excited he wants but his last tweet was unnecessary like he is mocking Seattle during this whole thing he bashed Seattle fans.

LOL bitter sonic fans, at least we'll have our team. Your statement show how much you know about our city, hence why your city lose.

Yes because there is a bunch of Sonic fans being bitter in this thread o.0

sacgiants1213
04-29-2013, 06:11 PM
Cool now Kevin Johnson and fans can go back to not caring about a team who's last in attendance.

With new ownership and a new arena, the attendance will be rather high. Also, Kings have had better attendance than the Sonics despite losing a lot.

DerekRE_3
04-29-2013, 06:16 PM

People not going to the games definitely had NOTHING to do with people not wanting to support the Maloofs. Nothing at all. The Maloofs were great. Never stabbed the city in the back. Put out a great product. Did nothing wrong. Sacramento obviously just doesn't give a **** about basketball.

NateyB24
04-29-2013, 06:18 PM
With new ownership and a new arena, the attendance will be rather high. Also, Kings have had better attendance than the Sonics despite losing a lot.

The only reason attendance was down in Seattle was because of Howard Schultz he ran the team into the ground he treated Gary Payton like dirt.

Baller1
04-29-2013, 06:20 PM
Won't be seeing me around the NBA forum much anymore. Stern is the biggest piece of **** on this planet, and the NBA can go **** itself.

sacgiants1213
04-29-2013, 06:22 PM
The only reason attendance was down in Seattle was because of Howard Schultz he ran the team into the ground he treated Gary Payton like dirt.

!!!!!!!!!! Same situation with the Kings!!!! It's unfair to call us bad fans, we just hate the Maloofs with a passion. We hate them more than anything.

chong2204
04-29-2013, 06:22 PM
Stern must really hate Seattle. Must have caught an STD from one of Shawn Kemp's Baby Mamas.

CityofTreez
04-29-2013, 06:23 PM
Hey Gavin:

Your father would be proud of you!

chong2204

What a Richard.

ntd

3 years of relocation rumors and not wanting to support the Maloofs is the cause of the attendance numbers, not a lack of fanbase.

Infamous916
04-29-2013, 06:25 PM
Basically the same situation Sacramento was in the past 6-7 years, except we got lucky & had an ex-NBA player as Mayor.

Bravo95
04-29-2013, 06:26 PM
Expansion.

DerekRE_3
04-29-2013, 06:27 PM

Gosh that doesn't sound familiar at all....Kings have sold out 19 of 27 seasons in Sacramento.

CityofTreez
04-29-2013, 06:28 PM
Basically the same situation Sacramento was in the past 6-7 years, except we got lucky & had an ex-NBA player as Mayor.

And The Whale, from Life of Pi.

DerekRE_3
04-29-2013, 06:29 PM
And The Whale, from Life of Pi.

I didn't see that so I don't get the reference. Despite that I agree. Because Treez.

i'myourdaddy
What a Richard.

LOL whatever man, I know you're sad and bitter, I'll let that slide. BTW time to change your sig son.

DerekRE_3
Stern must really hate Seattle. Must have caught an STD from one of Shawn Kemp's Baby Mamas.

Get Boogie out of your sig this instant.

JLynn943
04-29-2013, 06:31 PM
I hope that Seattle gets an expansion team. They deserve a team, just not the Kings :)

Bravo95
04-29-2013, 06:31 PM

Piss poor ownership is usually the reason for sagging attendance in a lot of markets. Plenty of owners in all sports give zero ****s about their brand and connecting with the local community.

chong2204
04-29-2013, 06:33 PM
Their, I changed it for you baby girls....I'm not even a Sonic's fan, just not a huge fan of David "Hyman Roth" Stern.

chitownredbulls
04-29-2013, 06:36 PM
People not going to the games definitely had NOTHING to do with people not wanting to support the Maloofs. Nothing at all. The Maloofs were great. Never stabbed the city in the back. Put out a great product. Did nothing wrong. Sacramento obviously just doesn't give a **** about basketball.

wow u are just ****ing ********....lol.....stupid tsk tsk tsk....hahaha

ccg34
04-29-2013, 06:42 PM
Congrats to Sacramento fans. It sucks that the NBA continues to kick us Seattle fans down after 40+ years of support. I just hope we get a team back one day. :(

PleaseBeNice
04-29-2013, 06:43 PM
Thank you very much.

D-Leethal
04-29-2013, 06:44 PM
Congrats to Sac fans, that must be an awesome feeling.

i'myourdaddy
04-29-2013, 06:45 PM
Congrats to Sacramento fans. It sucks that the NBA continues to kick us Seattle fans down after 40+ years of support. I just hope we get a team back one day. :(

Thank you for a civilized reaction from a sonic fan. I'm pretty sure you guy will get an expansion team within the next two years.

NateyB24
04-29-2013, 06:49 PM
I am happy for Sac fans but i am just mad at Stern he apparently gave Balmer every indication that expansion isn't possible even in 5 years.

ccg34
04-29-2013, 06:53 PM
Thank you for a civilized reaction from a sonic fan. I'm pretty sure you guy will get an expansion team within the next two years.

We won't. Expansion is out of the table. None of the owners are in favor of it.

TeamSeattle
04-29-2013, 06:55 PM
We won't. Expansion is out of the table. None of the owners are in favor of it.

Yep were basically screwed.

ccg34
What a bummer! Stern can go screw himself. He is a bastard.

JLynn943
I am happy for Sac fans but i am just mad at Stern he apparently gave Balmer every indication that expansion isn't possible even in 5 years.

That's so ridiculous. Seattle is clearly deserving of a team and has a very wealthy ownership group wanting to own a team. Seattle should get a team (just not the Kings) without a doubt.

DerekRE_3
04-29-2013, 07:00 PM

Milwaukee Bucks.

Boozerguy47
04-29-2013, 07:01 PM
Stern and the NBA business model cracks me up. When your product fails and attendance struggles, build a new arena! It solves losing game after game. That's what he told Seattle to do when Clay was trying to move our team. And the same play-by-play happened in Sacramento, but they were fortunate enough to approve an arena plan.

On a more serious note though, congrats to Sacramento. Hope Isaiah keeps on scoring for ya.

Expansion makes zero sense for the NBA. Majority of the teams are struggling financially. Somewhat of a red-flag when it comes to expanding your product. They need to reduce the maximum contract amounts.

GrandDaddyPurp
04-29-2013, 07:06 PM
Stern and the NBA business model cracks me up. When your product fails and attendance struggles, build a new arena! It solves losing game after game. That's what he told Seattle to do when Clay was trying to move our team. And the same play-by-play happened in Sacramento, but they were fortunate enough to approve an arena plan.

On a more serious note though, congrats to Sacramento. Hope Isaiah keeps on scoring for ya.

Expansion makes zero sense for the NBA. Majority of the teams are struggling financially. Somewhat of a red-flag when it comes to expanding your product. They need to reduce the maximum contract amounts.

You know nothing.

Boozerguy47
04-29-2013, 07:20 PM
I'm sorry...?

The general premise of the last several months is similar. I'm not claiming it was the exact same. Two locations fighting for one team. Both required a new arena to stay at home. That is my point. How is that incorrect?

NateyB24
04-29-2013, 07:30 PM
Milwaukee Bucks.

I think they will use us to get a better Arena plus the owner who owns the Bucks wouldn't screw Milwaukee over.

THE MTL
04-29-2013, 07:36 PM
Why do other NBA teams have a say in what you want to do with your team??? I can understand the situation with Anaheim Kings in such a close proximity to the Lakers/Clippers, but I dont understand why they have the right to block a move to Seattle.

And maybe its a little ignorant of me to say this, but I think Kings should move to Seattle. That franchise hasnt done a thing since Webber got traded to Philly. I can see a rejuvenated franchise with the determination to make a splash in the NBA if they were to move to Seattle. Not to mention a lot more money.

SAC fans can watch Golden State. That franchise is moving in the right direction.

jericho
04-29-2013, 07:41 PM
i know a lot of you guys are against expanding and would love contraction. im on the other side, why cant they just add 2 new teams seatle obviously and another city to the east. anyways its whatever its off the table already

THE MTL
04-29-2013, 07:45 PM
i know a lot of you guys are against expanding and would love contraction. im on the other side, why cant they just add 2 new teams seatle obviously and another city to the east. anyways its whatever its off the table already

Im against expansion. The NBA has enough teams already. Expansion only allows 2 more wasteland of teams into the league. It also divides the total NBA revenue which the other 30 teams are definitely against. Seattle might be a profitable team just cause they been screaming for 5 years now but I dont see any expansion in the East being profitable. The last expansion was the Bobcats and they have done what? One playoff appearance and were swept in the process.

jericho
04-29-2013, 07:47 PM
Why do other NBA teams have a say in what you want to do with your team??? I can understand the situation with Anaheim Kings in such a close proximity to the Lakers/Clippers, but I dont understand why they have the right to block a move to Seattle.

And maybe its a little ignorant of me to say this, but I think Kings should move to Seattle. That franchise hasnt done a thing since Webber got traded to Philly. I can see a rejuvenated franchise with the determination to make a splash in the NBA if they were to move to Seattle. Not to mention a lot more money.

SAC fans can watch Golden State. That franchise is moving in the right direction.

ok first off let me start with im a fellow knick fan.

what you just said is totally stupid we havent done a thing in over 10 yrs and we are still in the same city. why is that because the knicks sell even if the sucked bad for a while.

now for the other part just imagine james dolan moves the knicks to new jersey..... would you still go over there to see them is not that far away or would you turn into a nets fan??

we knicks fans are the last 1s who should be talking on this

Vampirate
04-29-2013, 07:48 PM
Honestly the Bobcats would be yhe first team that would come to mind in terms of relocation.

jericho
04-29-2013, 07:49 PM
Im against expansion. The NBA has enough teams already. Expansion only allows 2 more wasteland of teams into the league. It also divides the total NBA revenue which the other 30 teams are definitely against. Seattle might be a profitable team just cause they been screaming for 5 years now but I dont see any expansion in the East being profitable. The last expansion was the Bobcats and they have done what? One playoff appearance and were swept in the process.

it doesnt necesarily have to be in the east. they can just add to west teams and relocate the teams on whatever conference

jericho
04-29-2013, 07:50 PM
Honestly the Bobcats would be yhe first team that would come to mind in terms of relocation.

believe it or not apparently they make money

DerekRE_3
04-29-2013, 07:52 PM
believe it or not apparently they make money

Not sure how. They have the worst TV deal in sports. It allows very few people in North Carolina to even watch their games, which is a big reason why their viewership numbers are so low. Their attendance is awful too.

lol, please
04-29-2013, 07:52 PM
Espn reporting it.
Good. I am always against franchises moving for profit, and Seattle doesn't deserve a team anyways in my book. We don't need that Seahawks-esque fanhood mentality at any other time of the year, football season is bad enough.

hyphy king 88
04-29-2013, 07:53 PM

We went to the playoffs without Cwebb in 06. After that it just went downhill. Main reason why we were so bad is because of the Maloofs. With new ownership, coaching and a new gm we should get better. Warriors are great now because of how smart their FO is.

jericho
04-29-2013, 07:53 PM
Not sure how. They have the worst TV deal in sports. It allows very few people in North Carolina to even watch their games, which is a big reason why their viewership numbers are so low. Their attendance is awful too.

well idk where i got my info lol cuz i think ive read somewhere that they got a pretty decent attendance dont know nothing bout the tv deals

curtcocaine
04-29-2013, 08:08 PM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmith/2012/01/25/the-most-and-least-profitable-nba-teams/QUOTE=jericho;26090830]believe it or not apparently they make money[/QUOTE]

Fact >Fiction Last paragraph

GrandDaddyPurp
04-29-2013, 08:11 PM
I'm sorry...?

The general premise of the last several months is similar. I'm not claiming it was the exact same. Two locations fighting for one team. Both required a new arena to stay at home. That is my point. How is that incorrect?

Play by play? You were implying the cities fought similarly to keep their team which just isn't the case. Had it been the same as Seattle then the Kings would have surely been relocated. Don't want to assume but I feel like you just haven't been following Sac's side of the situation as closely. The situations were completely different which is why Sacramento is keeping their team.

I can tell you're bitter and while Seattle should eventually get a team, they do not deserve the Kings. Also, Isaiah probably will continue to score for us as for many other players who will be added to the team. With new ownership, this team will be headed in the right direction and I promise you, Kings will never again be last in NBA attendance.

sacgiants1213
04-29-2013, 08:18 PM
Stern speaks:

David Stern on NBA TV just now: "They decided that as strong as Sea bid was, there’s benefit to a city that has supported us for so long

imbetterthanyou
04-29-2013, 08:19 PM

Yo dude for the 10 years prior to getting Stoudemire the Knicks did nothing. You guys shoulda just moved to Seattle. Its cool you had the NJ Nets to watch and then they turned into Brooklyn. Theyre moving in the right direction. Makes sense right? Listen to yourself.

Boozerguy47
04-29-2013, 08:29 PM
Play by play? You were implying the cities fought similarly to keep their team which just isn't the case. Had it been the same as Seattle then the Kings would have surely been relocated. Don't want to assume but I feel like you just haven't been following Sac's side of the situation as closely. The situations were completely different which is why Sacramento is keeping their team.

I can tell you're bitter and while Seattle should eventually get a team, they do not deserve the Kings. Also, Isaiah probably will continue to score for us as for many other players who will be added to the team. With new ownership, this team will be headed in the right direction and I promise you, Kings will never again be last in NBA attendance.

Guess that's fair enough. Perhaps I should have worded that phrase differently.

I wouldn't say I'm bitter about the team leaving. Mariners and Seahawks have always been 1A and 1B. Don't get me wrong though, I did make it to a few Supes games over the years, but I never was all that into it. Have always been more into NCAA basketball than the NBA.

c.c.
04-29-2013, 08:32 PM
Not sure how. They have the worst TV deal in sports.It allows very few people in North Carolina to even watch their games which is a big reason why their viewership numbers are so low. Their attendance is awful too.

Only a few people can watch the Rockets games in Houston if its not national televised

jericho
04-29-2013, 08:34 PM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmith/2012/01/25/the-most-and-least-profitable-nba-teams/QUOTE=jericho;26090830]believe it or not apparently they make money

Fact >Fiction Last paragraph[/QUOTE]

dude your link is not working

Randy West
04-29-2013, 09:19 PM
With the type of money Hansen was throwing around another owner will come calling wanting to sell.

Lakerfan8032
04-29-2013, 11:13 PM
The only people who look bad in all of this is the Maloofs. They are absolutely despicable people and are just scum. I hope they end up losing all the money they get from this sale, have to sell their casino and end up living in a trailer park, dealing meth to get by. And then get arrested and spend the rest of their lives in prison getting butt ****ed by a 300 pound Samoan. I can't stand them and have absolutely zero respect for them.

Hooray they're reign of greed and incompetence is about to end.

KingsMadness44
04-29-2013, 11:35 PM
ok first off let me start with im a fellow knick fan.

what you just said is totally stupid we havent done a thing in over 10 yrs and we are still in the same city. why is that because the knicks sell even if the sucked bad for a while.

now for the other part just imagine james dolan moves the knicks to new jersey..... would you still go over there to see them is not that far away or would you turn into a nets fan??

we knicks fans are the last 1s who should be talking on this

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Dude thank you, I was really confused why it seemed like so many Knick fans wanted to see sac go

Baller1
04-30-2013, 12:01 AM
I sincerely, truly wouldn't blink an eye if Stern died.

Sadds The Gr8
04-30-2013, 12:46 AM
Good for the Kings fans but I'd be absolutely pissed If I were a Seattle fan. Just feels like they keep getting screwed lol

Gritz
04-30-2013, 01:03 AM
lol

DerekRE_3
04-30-2013, 01:54 AM
Only a few people can watch the Rockets games in Houston if its not national televised

Didn't know that. How did that happen? I don't get how teams can **** up a regional tv contract like that.

VendettaRed07
04-30-2013, 03:00 AM
The sonics will come back. Im glad that the kings fans get to keep their team.

Its too bad the clippers are good now. If they sucked still they would have been moved imo. Its kind of unfair that California has 4 NBA teams, and two in the same building yet seattle had their team taken away.

The bucks will not be moved either. Theres too much history there. Bobcats.

DerekRE_3
04-30-2013, 03:33 AM
Move the Lakers to Seattle. They are really struggling.

torocan
04-30-2013, 09:35 AM
Happy for Kings fans. They didn't deserve to be punished for the Maloofs.

Sad for Sonics fans. They deserve a NBA franchise. How they lost the Sonics wasn't cool.

Hopefully one of the dead franchises will end up back in Seattle. That said, it shouldn't have been the Kings.

thesprite
04-30-2013, 10:31 AM
The only people who look bad in all of this is the Maloofs. They are absolutely despicable people and are just scum. I hope they end up losing all the money they get from this sale, have to sell their casino and end up living in a trailer park, dealing meth to get by. And then get arrested and spend the rest of their lives in prison getting butt ****ed by a 300 pound Samoan. I can't stand them and have absolutely zero respect for them.

Hooray they're reign of greed and incompetence is about to end.

^This. The Maloofs lied to the city, to the Kings, and to the NBA for how many times now. The last time, they said KJ is not doing enough for the Kings (what???) and they would rather sell the franchise, after what the mayor has done and after THEY backed out of the arena plans.

They will not just "look bad", they really are scums. They better hide now from Sacramento fans.

BTW, the post of Lakerfan should be on every page of this thread!

CityofTreez
04-30-2013, 11:52 AM
Didn't know that. How did that happen? I don't get how teams can **** up a regional tv contract like that.

Makes sense.

Papa Maloof owned that team too.

Like Father, Like Son.

Baller1
04-30-2013, 12:58 PM
Chris Hansen's statement to the Sonics Faithful:

While we are disappointed with the relocation committee’s recommendation, we just wanted to let you all know that we remain fully committed to seeing this transaction through. As you are all well aware, we have a binding transaction to purchase the Kings for what would be a record price for an NBA franchise, have one of the best ownership groups ever assembled to purchase a professional sports team in the US, have clearly demonstrated that we have a much more solid Arena plan, have offered a much higher price than the yet to be finalized Sacramento Group, and have placed all of the funds to close the transaction into escrow. As such, we plan to unequivocally state our case for both relocation and our plan to move forward with the transaction to the league and owners at the upcoming Board of Governor’s Meeting in Mid-May.

When we started this process everyone thought it was impossible. While this represents yet another obstacle to achieving our goal, I just wanted to reassure all of you that we have numerous options at our disposal and have absolutely no plans to give up. Impossible is nothing but a state of mind.

Funny how Seattle gets shafted again despite everything a much stronger team and plan.

QUICKTRADE
04-30-2013, 01:19 PM

Funny how Seattle gets shafted again despite everything a much stronger team and plan.

Direct answer, blame all to Stern who hates Seattle for unknown reason

KingsMadness44
04-30-2013, 01:35 PM

Says who? Of course he is going to say that his deal is stronger, he is still trying to purchase the team. But idk what you're referring to when you say your team is much stronger though? Do you mean investment team?

As far as plans for an arena what makes yours better. Sacramento is putting up 258 million in public subsidies, thats more then half of what the arean is going to cost.

Seattle was going to put up 125M and then add 75M if they would be able to secure a hockey team. We have 6 GREAT investors that all have PLENTY of money and probably couldve done this on there own.

If i were you i would be upset too but to say that the deal that Seattle came up with was far better then the deal that Sacramento came up with, is just wrong. If it were THAT much better than we wouldnt be having this conversation....

JLynn943
04-30-2013, 01:40 PM

:rolleyes: Why? Because he says so? KJ reiterated that the Sac group matched the offer and Stern said the financials were not an issue. Both arenas are going to be a couple of years before they're built, and both may face legal challenges (including Seattle, who has only had the case dismissed against them because they didn't have the team and start the building process yet).

The fact of the matter is that Seattle is in no way "much stronger." I understand being upset about it if the team stays in Sacramento, but let's be real here - both places/groups have proven perfectly capable and deserving of a team. I think that, more than anything, this is just about making sure yet another city doesn't have their team stolen from them.

Dawgpound3
04-30-2013, 01:47 PM
This entire situation reminds me of the Cleveland Browns relocation to Baltimore except in this case, it's much happier with the Kings staying put. Wish the NFL would of stopped Art Modell then and made him sell the team to an local owner. Despite Baltimore getting the Old Browns, I'm still glad the Browns exists thanks to the great fanbase that surrounds the team.

Chitownhero1992
04-30-2013, 01:50 PM
I really wish Seattle would've gotten this team...Sacramento doesn't need a team California has too many basketball teams as it is. Putting one in the North West like Seattle would win a a lot of crowd there and even in Canada.

I don't understand why the NBA should be able to vote on where the franchise goes. The owners don't want it in Sacramento, they have a deal where they can get money now they are going to be forced to hold on to a team they don't want or forced to sell the team for much less than they were going to get.

sneak
04-30-2013, 01:53 PM
I really wish Seattle would've gotten this team...Sacramento doesn't need a team California has too many basketball teams as it is. Putting one in the North West like Seattle would win a a lot of crowd there and even in Canada.

I don't understand why the NBA should be able to vote on where the franchise goes. The owners don't want it in Sacramento, they have a deal where they can get money now they are going to be forced to hold on to a team they don't want or forced to sell the team for much less than they were going to get.

Well, I am sure everyone that voted, is far beyond your intelligence. So shut up and deal with it.

JLynn943
04-30-2013, 01:54 PM

No, the money is at least very close, if not the same.

And these are the rules of the NBA. If the Maloofs didn't like them, they should have never bought majority ownership in the team to begin with. Other owners have a say because the move effects them and the NBA. It makes the NBA look really bad to have a team moved away from a city that has proven more than capable of supporting it and who has an equally capable ownership group trying to buy the team and keep them there (especially after the fiasco of the Maloofs pulling out of an arena deal last year)

JLynn943
04-30-2013, 01:56 PM
Well, I am sure everyone that voted, is far beyond your intelligence. So shut up and deal with it.

haha easy now, sneak ;)

sneak
04-30-2013, 01:59 PM

First, let me thank you. Secondly, don't worry buddy your town will have a team in the near future. Do you really think the nba is not looking for a solution for you? That would be madness! They will find you a team.
Seattle fans, relax. You guys make it hard for us to cheer for you. We are all fans, we love our teams! We understand ok. But tone it down abit, and stop being so bitter, and try again on an easier target.
Now, get out and make noise like we did!

Chitownhero1992
04-30-2013, 02:01 PM

You must be a ******* Kings fan or something...for the record I never said I hated Sacramento I just said that there are a lot of teams in California and that I would like to see a team in Seattle. I don't care what team has to move to do it or even if it is just expansion.

I just really don't understand the reason to veto this deal. The NBA would make more money in Seattle then Sacramento, although I wish there could really be both teams.

(The team that should really be forced to move is Clips, why does LA need two teams when it always seems everyone in LA really only cares about the Lakers.)

TeamSeattle
04-30-2013, 02:02 PM
First, let me thank you. Secondly, don't worry buddy your town will have a team in the near future. Do you really think the nba is not looking for a solution for you? That would be madness! They will find you a team.
Seattle fans, relax. You guys make it hard for us to cheer for you. We are all fans, we love our teams! We understand ok. But tone it down abit, and stop being so bitter, and try again on an easier target.
Now, get out and make noise like we did!

Telling us to relax and tone it down a bit is crazy. We have a right to be upset and will be for the entire year, you can bet on that.

We will have a team. Excuse me if I'm not politically correct at the moment.

ztilzer31
04-30-2013, 02:30 PM
I'm happy for Sactown fans for keeping their team but let me make a couple of things clear...

1. They are not a top attendance team. They haven't been for a few years. I believe in the last 5 years they've been at the bottom of the league in attendance.

2. They are a small fan base. Extremely small in fact with a shrinking fan base. Golden State has given 10 times more reason to cheer for them than sac town.

3. You guys have NEVER BEEN A HIGH PROFIT TEAM. This whole we use to be a top franchise we just need a new stadium is ********. Sac town has always been in the bottom 10 of the league in how much money they make. Webber jersey's just don't sell anymore, and like I said the place you guys are in is a crowded market. Ticket sales are such a small margin of profit in this day and age. Most of the money comes from T.V. deals, and merchandise. Not just attendance.

Chitownhero1992
04-30-2013, 02:37 PM
I'm happy for Sactown fans for keeping their team but let me make a couple of things clear...

1. They are not a top attendance team. They haven't been for a few years. I believe in the last 5 years they've been at the bottom of the league in attendance.

2. They are a small fan base. Extremely small in fact with a shrinking fan base. Golden State has given 10 times more reason to cheer for them than sac town.

3. You guys have NEVER BEEN A HIGH PROFIT TEAM. This whole we use to be a top franchise we just need a new stadium is ********. Sac town has always been in the bottom 10 of the league in how much money they make. Webber jersey's just don't sell anymore, and like I said the place you guys are in is a crowded market. Ticket sales are such a small margin of profit in this day and age. Most of the money comes from T.V. deals, and merchandise. Not just attendance.

If I could co-sign this post I would in a heartbeat. The Kings have had very good teams in the past and I think they are a great franchise but they are in a bad place and have always been at the bottom of the money market...I wish it was possible to move a different team but they make the most sense.

JLynn943
04-30-2013, 02:56 PM
If I could co-sign this post I would in a heartbeat. The Kings have had very good teams in the past and I think they are a great franchise but they are in a bad place and have always been at the bottom of the money market...I wish it was possible to move a different team but they make the most sense.

A significant reason why everything has been so down lately with the Kings though is the Maloofs. They've been trying to leave since 2006 or 2008 (forget which) and fans don't have any reason to give them more money. We may not be a high profit team regardless, but until the Maloofs turned their backs on the city, we had historically great attendance. New ownership is going to breathe new life into this organization. The fans have been waiting for this, and next year (providing the team stays), everyone will see that.

sneak
04-30-2013, 03:01 PM
Bottom line, and it is all the fact that anyone needs, period!
The nba had a relocation comity evaluate Sacramento and Seattle. They unanimously voted that sacramento was BETTER FOR THE NBA.
What the hell do you dumb, troll, posters have to say about that? I told you tone it down. You lost,go out with some grace. Good lord. This can't be how the whole fan base acts, can it?

Baller1
04-30-2013, 03:32 PM
Bottom line, and it is all the fact that anyone needs, period!
The nba had a relocation comity evaluate Sacramento and Seattle. They unanimously voted that sacramento was BETTER FOR THE NBA.
What the hell do you dumb, troll, posters have to say about that? I told you tone it down. You lost,go out with some grace. Good lord. This can't be how the whole fan base acts, can it?

I'm sure you'd be oh so graceful if this relocation committee recommended that the owners vote in favor of Seattle.

Don't tell us how the **** to act... You don't know how it feels to lose your team, then get it dangled and ripped away from you AGAIN. So kindly, **** off.

PleaseBeNice
04-30-2013, 03:38 PM
I'm sure you'd be oh so graceful if this relocation committee recommended that the owners vote in favor of Seattle.

Don't tell us how the **** to act... You don't know how it feels to lose your team, then get it dangled and ripped away from you AGAIN. So kindly, **** off.

How can something be ripped away again if you never had it?

Buh-bye

KingsMadness44
04-30-2013, 03:39 PM

Okay, i'll go in order from where you started

1. This has to be the most annoying arguement from anyone talking about this issue. People keep pointing out the the Kings attendance has been poor for the last few years. Well you aren't wrong, however, put yourselves in the people of Sacramento's shoes for a second. We have been getting jerked around for close to 4 years. We didnt know at the start of next season if we would even have a team to cheer for. Would you go to the games and support owners that were trying to take your team away? OH and if thats the case you're trying to make, go look at the Sonics attendance when their owner was dicking them around. Its VERY similar.

2. As far as our fan base, you are sooooooooo wrong its incredible. When the BOG met for the first time they were met by a rather large group of KINGS fans, not Sonic fans. I dont know of to many fan bases that would do that. Also, through this process the Mayor has gotten 12,000+ guaruntees for SEASON TICKETS!!! There are only 2 teams in the NBA that would have more and thats the Lakers and Knicks.

3. Your point about 3 contadicts your first point about attendance. Saying that the Kings attendance is poor, and then turning around and saying attendance doesnt really matter. Also from 1999-2005 the Kings were actually one of the top earners in the NBA. But people have selective memory when it comes to that.

Chitownhero1992 can co sign this if he'd like. he was probably to young to even know about all of this anyways

CityofTreez
04-30-2013, 03:45 PM

Maloofs sold to Hansen, so therefore, Hansen's "supposed" team had association to the Maloofs.

Maloof's begged the BOG for the relocation....

Yeah, you guys have money and all, but when someone in your corner "begs like a dog" that strong plan isn't as strong as it once was.

i'myourdaddy
04-30-2013, 03:58 PM
Okay, i'll go in order from where you started

1. This has to be the most annoying arguement from anyone talking about this issue. People keep pointing out the the Kings attendance has been poor for the last few years. Well you aren't wrong, however, put yourselves in the people of Sacramento's shoes for a second. We have been getting jerked around for close to 4 years. We didnt know at the start of next season if we would even have a team to cheer for. Would you go to the games and support owners that were trying to take your team away? OH and if thats the case you're trying to make, go look at the Sonics attendance when their owner was dicking them around. Its VERY similar.

2. As far as our fan base, you are sooooooooo wrong its incredible. When the BOG met for the first time they were met by a rather large group of KINGS fans, not Sonic fans. I dont know of to many fan bases that would do that. Also, through this process the Mayor has gotten 12,000+ guaruntees for SEASON TICKETS!!! There are only 2 teams in the NBA that would have more and thats the Lakers and Knicks.

3. Your point about 3 contadicts your first point about attendance. Saying that the Kings attendance is poor, and then turning around and saying attendance doesnt really matter. Also from 1999-2005 the Kings were actually one of the top earners in the NBA. But people have selective memory when it comes to that.

Chitownhero1992 can co sign this if he'd like. he was probably to young to even know about all of this anyways

If I could co-sign this post I would in a heartbeat. In the great wisdom of Chitownhero, I will follow as well.

GrandDaddyPurp
04-30-2013, 04:11 PM

The Kings were never your team. Not even for a second...Very well known reporters did this to you by making false reports. They were biased as **** and did not shine light on Sacramento's side of the situation. I knew back in January that the team had a high chance of staying and that it was no way near a done deal.

Blame Stern all you want but give Sacramento credit. Sac did what Seattle couldn't in saving their team. KJ was the difference maker and also the sale hadn't been approved yet which gave Sac an opportunity.

TeamSeattle
04-30-2013, 04:55 PM
The Kings were never your team. Not even for a second...Very well known reporters did this to you by making false reports. They were biased as **** and did not shine light on Sacramento's side of the situation. I knew back in January that the team had a high chance of staying and that it was no way near a done deal.

Blame Stern all you want but give Sacramento credit. Sac did what Seattle couldn't in saving their team. KJ was the difference maker and also the sale hadn't been approved yet which gave Sac an opportunity.

I'm not giving Sacramento credit for throwing a bunch of rag tag group of investors in at the last minute led by KJ. All they wanted to do was "beat Seattle" by any means necessary. If they would of started this months sooner when they heard about the Maloofs shenanigans, maybe they would get more of my respect.

PleaseBeNice
04-30-2013, 05:21 PM
I'm not giving Sacramento credit for throwing a bunch of rag tag group of investors in at the last minute led by KJ. All they wanted to do was "beat Seattle" by any means necessary. If they would of started this months sooner when they heard about the Maloofs shenanigans, maybe they would get more of my respect.

1. Plz flatline

We wanted to keep the team because ITS ALL WE ****ING HAVE.

2. WAT?

matt800
04-30-2013, 05:41 PM
I live in seattle and was a sonics fan. I never wanted the kings... Why would I want someone else's team? That just seems awkward and depressing. And then to rename them the sonics and pretend they are the old franchise? To me that seems like an attempt to remake a good movie and trying too hard to repeat the same jokes and good lines. It just doesn't work.

That said, I find it a little questionable that the Sonics were allowed to be moved and the Kings were not. It would have been appreciable to have that type of respect for a city and tradition come from the NBA when the sonics were attempting to move. Maybe SAC came through better, but it also seems like the NBA was trying to help them do so, while with the sonics, it seems like they were trying to encourage the move.

sneak
04-30-2013, 06:07 PM

You guys act like a fighter that just got the hell beat out of him, and then say how he would beat him in a rematch in the post fight comments. And we are the fighter that wishes the best for the guy. But you continue to want to fight. You guys sound like some sour puss losers. Just stop already. This is where you wish us well, and talk about your new plans.

sneak
04-30-2013, 06:13 PM

1.)Rag, tag investors? Haha really? Do some research.
2.)Led by JK, is that derogatory?
3.)Last minute, because that's all the time we had.
4.)We just wanted to beat seattle? Really? We didn't want our team we wanted to beat you. That makes no sense!
5.)Your respect, we don't need it or want it, your not on our level. (You, yourself, not intelligent Seattle fans, it would be nice to have their respect.)

JLynn943
04-30-2013, 06:18 PM

You weren't paying attention if you don't think KJ started working on this as soon as the Maloofs came out of nowhere and announced they were selling the team. I respect the Seattle fanbase, but some of you are delusional.

TeamSeattle
04-30-2013, 06:25 PM
You weren't paying attention if you don't think KJ started working on this as soon as the Maloofs came out of nowhere and announced they were selling the team. I respect the Seattle fanbase, but some of you are delusional.

Where is the information that he started working on this with his new investors as soon as they announced they were selling the team? All they had was a financial plan to raise money to somehow keep the team there.

JLynn943
04-30-2013, 06:25 PM
I live in seattle and was a sonics fan. I never wanted the kings... Why would I want someone else's team? That just seems awkward and depressing. And then to rename them the sonics and pretend they are the old franchise? To me that seems like an attempt to remake a good movie and trying too hard to repeat the same jokes and good lines. It just doesn't work.

That said, I find it a little questionable that the Sonics were allowed to be moved and the Kings were not. It would have been appreciable to have that type of respect for a city and tradition come from the NBA when the sonics were attempting to move. Maybe SAC came through better, but it also seems like the NBA was trying to help them do so, while with the sonics, it seems like they were trying to encourage the move.

I think both of these are the case. Having already gotten an arena deal set up last year (only for the Maloofs to squirm their way out of it) and having had to deal with relocation threats for years now, the city had a jump on all of this, which allowed it to come together quickly. At the same time, Stern was supposedly letting the Sacramento group know where they stood versus where they needed to be. Don't be mistaken though, KJ, the Sac ownership group, and a bunch of others worked their ***** off to keep the team. Not saying Seattle didn't, but Sac certainly did.

JLynn943
04-30-2013, 06:31 PM
Where is the information that he started working on this with his new investors as soon as they announced they were selling the team? All they had was a financial plan to raise money to somehow keep the team there.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/sacramento-mayor-kevin-johnson-introduces-plan-save-kings-012522704--nba.html

He laid out a multi-step plan within a matter of days. You have to find investors (part of the plan) before you can work with them. I don't know what you expect. He couldn't have had that ownership group ready to go with that short of notice. It took the Hansen-Ballmer group tremendously longer to do it.

TeamSeattle
04-30-2013, 06:34 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/sacramento-mayor-kevin-johnson-introduces-plan-save-kings-012522704--nba.html

He laid out a multi-step plan within a matter of days. You have to find investors before you can work with them. I don't know what you expect.

Yes I knew he had a plan but my point was that his "new investors" weren't introduced until early this year right around the time Seattle was making a strong push with their own established investors. Now all these investors seem to care when the fire gets hot and the team might really leave and now decide its time to partner up.
http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlesports/2013/01/28/bigger-investors-look-to-counter-chris-hansens-offer-for-kings-nba-team/

Look it could go on for pages if we were to post all the specifics but at the end of the day they fought Seattle's proposal and won. Stern made it a point he wanted to keep them in the Sacramento by all means.

Were mostly bitter because we feel we didn't get the same chance nor time period when the Sonics originally left our area.It'll take time for people over here to accept it but hey you still have your team.

JLynn943
04-30-2013, 06:40 PM
Yes I knew he had a plan but my point was that his "new investors" weren't introduced until early this year right around the time Seattle was making a strong push with their own investors. Look it could go on for pages if we were to post all the specifics but at the end of the day they fought Seattle's proposal and won. Stern made it a point he wanted to keep them in the Sacramento by all means.

Were mostly bitter because we feel we didn't get the same chance nor time period when the Sonics originally left our area.It'll take time for people over here to accept it but hey you still have your team.

You said you aren't giving Sacramento credit and that's a load of BS. KJ did in a matter of months what it took Hansen and Ballmer far longer to do. It takes time to find investors. It's hard to announce them let alone work with them right after being blindsided by the deal. The fact he even got to the point of having a real ownership group and an arena plan ready is incredible.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I've read from Seattle fans in the past that Seattle's mayor was pretty detached from the whole thing?

matt800
04-30-2013, 06:43 PM
I think both of these are the case. Having already gotten an arena deal set up last year (only for the Maloofs to squirm their way out of it) and having had to deal with relocation threats for years now, the city had a jump on all of this, which allowed it to come together quickly. At the same time, Stern was supposedly letting the Sacramento group know where they stood versus where they needed to be. Don't be mistaken though, KJ, the Sac ownership group, and a bunch of others worked their ***** off to keep the team. Not saying Seattle didn't, but Sac certainly did.

Yeah I am excited for a city like SAC that both seems to want their team and also acts on it in useful and successful ways. And if Stern and/or the NBA is behind them all the better for the Kings. I am excited to watch the Kings' future.

JLynn943
04-30-2013, 06:44 PM
Yeah I am excited for a city like SAC that both seems to want their team and also acts on in useful and successful ways. And if Stern and/or the NBA is behind them all the better for the Kings. I am excited to watch the Kings' future.

I just hope everything goes smoothly. There's still plenty of time for things to go Seattle's way...

DR_1
04-30-2013, 06:47 PM
Won't be seeing me around the NBA forum much anymore. Stern is the biggest piece of **** on this planet, and the NBA can go **** itself.

:clap:

matt800
04-30-2013, 06:49 PM
I haven't been following all the news intensely but it sounds like Hansen still has the agreement to buy the Kings and paid a non-refundable deposit. If he gets them hopefully he puts the franchise's best interests ahead of his desire to move them.

dalton749
04-30-2013, 06:49 PM
why does seattle want such a crappy team anyway :shrug:

hyphy king 88
04-30-2013, 07:02 PM
Okay, I read through a lot of these posts and arguments and here is my take. I understand why Sonics fans are mad at stern the first time around when the Sonics moved to OKC, but don't you guys think that Stern didn't want to make the same mistake moving a team again from its city? I hope you guys get a team but it shouldn't be another cities team. Nba seems to like Balmer and Hansen and I bet a lot of owners can envision them getting an expansion squad very soon. Mayor Johnson, Steinburg, the ownders did everything that the NBA wanted them to do. Whatever they asked it was granted. We as a fan base did nothing wrong. Sonicsgate said themselves congrats to Sacramento. Lets just stop the trolling and hope that both teams at the end of the day get their team. No need to hate.

GrandDaddyPurp
04-30-2013, 08:17 PM

I should have stopped reading after "rag tag". Seriously, you Seattle people need to stop knocking Sac's efforts and bragging about how you all had the best ownership group in the world. This situation was completely different from when the Sonics left.

How could KJ put together a group when the team wasn't for sale. KJ knew the Maloofs weren't trying to keep the team in Sac but still worked with them to keep the team in Sac. The Maloofs were looking for a way out but the city wasn't giving them a reason. When the Maloofs couldn't get their way, they decided to sell to Seattle behind curtains in spite.

When KJ found out the team was for sale, he put together an investor group. He asked the NBA to let the city match and they did. The key difference is that Clay Bennett lied about wanting to keep the team in Seattle whereas Hansen clearly wanted to relocate. This delayed the transfer of ownership because the NBA does not like to relocate teams so that's why they did everything to keep Sacramento put.

sneak
04-30-2013, 09:22 PM
I should have stopped reading after "rag tag". Seriously, you Seattle people need to stop knocking Sac's efforts and bragging about how you all had the best ownership group in the world. This situation was completely different from when the Sonics left.

How could KJ put together a group when the team wasn't for sale. KJ knew the Maloofs weren't trying to keep the team in Sac but still worked with them to keep the team in Sac. The Maloofs were looking for a way out but the city wasn't giving them a reason. When the Maloofs couldn't get their way, they decided to sell to Seattle behind curtains in spite.

When KJ found out the team was for sale, he put together an investor group. He asked the NBA to let the city match and they did. The key difference is that Clay Bennett lied about wanting to keep the team in Seattle whereas Hansen clearly wanted to relocate. This delayed the transfer of ownership because the NBA does not like to relocate teams so that's why they did everything to keep Sacramento put.

Nicely wrote.

NoahH
05-01-2013, 02:11 AM

Not like there was much other choice....

Time to file that antitrust lawsuit Chris Hansen!

ztilzer31
05-01-2013, 01:26 PM
I said what I had to say. I'm not hating on Kings fans. If I was in their position I would be stoked. Just saying most Sac town fans always bring up the attendance factor, and that's just not a big deal when deciding how much money a team makes. That's a very small percentage, and having good attendance doesn't mean your team makes a lot of money.

Good luck next season and hopefully your new ownership group will be more trustworthy.

i'myourdaddy
05-01-2013, 02:47 PM
I said what I had to say. I'm not hating on Kings fans. If I was in their position I would be stoked. Just saying most Sac town fans always bring up the attendance factor, and that's just not a big deal when deciding how much money a team makes. That's a very small percentage, and having good attendance doesn't mean your team makes a lot of money.

Good luck next season and hopefully your new ownership group will be more trustworthy.

LOL wait so you're saying attendance is not a major factor in how a team is making money? If attendance is just a "very small percentage" from your post, then why not just give away the ticket for free since a team making money is base off other major percentage revenue. I guess ticket sales, parking, concession is a very small percentage.

sneak
05-01-2013, 03:43 PM

If you guys EVER want an nba team, you better be 100% against that.if the nba wants the Kings to stay, and you try to fight the nba, you might not be welcomed back to the nba with the current potential ownership group. Why would they want an ownership group that is already causing problems? I or we understand that they are fighting, but if you fight too hard it might work against what you want so bad.

I hope that doesn't happen, and you guys have a chance to have your team back. But be careful what you wish for buddy.

sacgiants1213
05-01-2013, 03:53 PM
Latest news is Maloofs and Hansen are going to try to convince the BOG to vote Hansen as the new SACRAMENTO Kings owners... instead of Kevin Johnson's group. The odds of this actually happening is about the same odds that Seattle gets a team this year.

PleaseBeNice
05-01-2013, 04:03 PM
Keep up the entitled, white collar, smug attitude Seattle. Suits you well.

PleaseBeNice
05-01-2013, 04:09 PM

FOR WHAT? Seriously. FOR WHAT?

ALL sales, even "binding" like you all like to claim it as such, is CONTINGENT ON LEAGUE APPROVAL.

KingPosey
05-01-2013, 04:21 PM
I haven't been following all the news intensely but it sounds like Hansen still has the agreement to buy the Kings and paid a non-refundable deposit. If he gets them hopefully he puts the franchise's best interests ahead of his desire to move them.

What's with people not understanding what a deposit is for?

It protects the owners in case the PURCHASER backs out. It wouldn't make any sense the other way around.

sneak
05-01-2013, 05:08 PM
Latest news is Maloofs and Hansen are going to try to convince the BOG to vote Hansen as the new SACRAMENTO Kings owners... instead of Kevin Johnson's group. The odds of this actually happening is about the same odds that Seattle gets a team this year.

I can't see that happening. The reason why they (the nba) want the Sacramento group to take this team is, because the city and the private investors will BOTH be putting money into the sacramento area. (Thank you Randy) the importance of it is that; next time an arena needs to be built, it will be shown that the cities will have to pony up too. It is VERY important to every owner that the city help with new arenas, when needed. This will set a new president for the future tbat the nba clearly wants. If the Seattle group gets their hands on this team, they ofcourse will find a way to move them. And the nba owners are no dummies. So if they didn't want the Kings to leave, they're not going to change their minds 10 days later.

NateyB24
05-01-2013, 08:40 PM
It really wouldn't surprise me if Balmer did try to sue the league i mean there is no point in playing mr nice guy when your given every indication that you won't even get an expansion in the next 5 years.

I love the fact that Hansen is going to go through with the vote even though the relocation vote was voted down and so will the sale Stern wants Hansen to bow out and they are standing there ground.

Shammyguy3
05-01-2013, 09:28 PM
Idk how the process works, but Michael Jordan and Seattle should be bunk buddies. The Bobcats moving to Seattle and becoming the reborn Supersonics would be the best possibility in my opinion.

After that, the New Orleans Pelicans are moved to the SE division, with OKC dropping to SW, and Seattle replacing them in the NW division.

Randy West
05-01-2013, 09:45 PM
What's with people not understanding what a deposit is for?

It protects the owners in case the PURCHASER backs out. It wouldn't make any sense the other way around.

It was a non refundable deposit, Stern has already asked Sacramento's ownership group to have that thirty million ready to make Hansen whole again if he isn't awarded the team.

Randy West
05-01-2013, 09:48 PM
It really wouldn't surprise me if Balmer did try to sue the league i mean there is no point in playing mr nice guy when your given every indication that you won't even get an expansion in the next 5 years.

I love the fact that Hansen is going to go through with the vote even though the relocation vote was voted down and so will the sale Stern wants Hansen to bow out and they are standing there ground.

Hansen can't sue and shouldn't try if he ever wants consideration as an owner again.

http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=719&sid=2265088

NateyB24
05-01-2013, 10:03 PM
Hansen can't sue and shouldn't try if he ever wants consideration as an owner again.

http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=719&sid=2265088

I already know that if he sues he won't have a good chance at getting a team but like i said who cares they gave Balmer no hope of an expansion team so nothing to lose.

soonabooma
05-01-2013, 10:13 PM
Seattle has no business having another team for a very long time.

Randy West
05-01-2013, 11:25 PM
I already know that if he sues he won't have a good chance at getting a team but like i said who cares they gave Balmer no hope of an expansion team so nothing to lose.

Well I wouldn't do anything like that just yet. This offer has other owners thinking I am sure and wondering what Hansen would pay for their teams I bet. You take a team like the Bobcats or any other expansion team that isn't doing that well and has no history you might get a seller yet.

The thing that killed this deal was the private funds to build the arena. No other owner who wants a new arena will be able to or want to do that. They all want city or county money to pay for the majority of it so they can keep the bulk of their funds. What Hansen is trying to do is exactly the opposite of what every other owner wants to do.

No other owner wants to go to the city or county for money and have what Hansen would have done in Seattle thrown in their faces. If that owner in Seattle could do it you can to type thing, those owners don't want to deal with those repercussions to their own deals down the road.

tapajafri
05-04-2013, 08:53 AM
This is called um.... VICTORY (for sacramento)

In all honestly, sacramento deserves to keep their team. They have an outstanding fanbase and have sold out 19 out of 28 seasons (is that right?) so they've proven they deserve a team.

Seattle also has great fans. The only answer is expansion.

One thing we've learned though, is that sacramento absolutely deserves to keep thir team. No doubt about it,

tapajafri
05-04-2013, 08:57 AM
After reading through this thread, Seattle fans continue to show what pathetic homer jokes they are. Seriously seattle, stop embarrassing the good fans. The seattle fans on social networking and blogs/forums are jokes. They make all seattle fans look bad....and that's unfortunate because seattle has some great fans. Unfortunately, the good seattle fans aren't on social networking and the internet. Seriously.... the seattle fans on the web are pathetic sore loser dipshits. Go home. Stop embarrassing what normally is a great fan-base.

I've heard that national reports have been reporting that seattle fans have been allegedly sending actual death threats to Kevin Johnson and other kings via twitter. I hope that's not true but I believe it. The seattle fans on the web are vicious. I feel bad for the true Seattle fans that are portrayed by these pathetic fans on the internet. Seriously, how low can you go?

tapajafri
05-04-2013, 09:02 AM

Yeah last in attendance since when? This year? Why would fans pay money to buy tix for a team that's supposedly moving? You can't just judge on the last 1-3 years. Ever sicne the kings moved to Sacramento in 1985, they've been the superior to the Seattle sonics in attendance. Leave it up to the seattle idiots to try to lie and fool/portray other fans with the wrong facts.

tapajafri
05-04-2013, 09:03 AM

Ahh, it's great to see some REAL/TRUE seattle fans. These are the fans that i've always supported, and these are the fans that have been the reason why I've always called the Thunder, the "Sonics"

tapajafri
05-04-2013, 09:06 AM

Dude, just stop. Shafted again? Seattle was so devastated when the sonics got robbed from them and moved to OKC (as rightfully so, the sonics were robbed) but don't give us that "again" garbage. Again? ********. Seattle was trying to do to Sacramento what was done to them. This well known Seattle author, who testified in court during the SEA/OKC case, said he doesnt want seattle to get the kings because that makes seattle hypocrites and sacramento shouldnt lose their team the way seattle did.

get out of here, Hansel should stop with the "shafted again" stuff. Again?! :laugh: it was never Seattle's to begin with, it was Sacramento's... so cut the "shafted again" sewage.

utl768
05-04-2013, 10:53 AM
california has enough teams

the right thing to do was to give seattle the team