PDA

View Full Version : Deja Vous All Over Again!

YankeesR#2
04-29-2013, 08:19 AM
Am I the only one who is seeing the simularities between the current NBA series between the Celtics-knicks and the 2004 Red Sox-yankees championship series?

2004 MLB Championship series between the Red Sox and the yankees.
No MLB team had ever come back from an 0-3 deficit.

2013 NBA series between the Celtics and the knicks
No NBA team has ever come back from an 0-3 deficit.

New York team wins first two games in New York.

New York team has blow out win in Boston in third game.

New York team has lead in ninth inning but Boston team ties and wins in extra innings

New York team has lead in fourth quarter but Boston team ties and wins in overtime.

Red Sox make greatest comeback in major league playoff history

????????????

If the knicks lose the fifth game in New York, and the Celtics have lead both previous games at half-time, I think everyone will start to see the simularities and the knicks will start to feel the pressure.

Davidgta1
04-29-2013, 08:41 AM
Any thing could happen but I see melo Closeing it out next game but I also saw my lakers beating the spurs in 6 and man was I wrong! Lol

Ty_Lawson
04-29-2013, 08:44 AM
i hope Boston wins the series..this could be last time we see legends like KG and Pierce in green uni...or even playing..so give us few more games!!

NYKnickFanatic
04-29-2013, 08:49 AM
i hope Boston wins the series..this could be last time we see legends like KG and Pierce in green uni...or even playing..so give us few more games!!

KG and PP will play next year. Maybe not on Boston, but they will play.

You probably just don't want to see Melo advance, when you are on the verge of elimination.

Ty_Lawson
04-29-2013, 08:50 AM
Yea its all about melo and lbj on this forum...i've forgot about that lol
go watch pokemon or something and let real fans talk...
They both said they will only play for Boston, so if they don't play there next year they wont play at all!!

NYKnickFanatic
04-29-2013, 08:53 AM
Yea its all about melo and lbj on this forum...i've forgot about that lol
go watch pokemon or something and let real fans talk...
They both said they will only play for Boston, so if they don't play there next year they wont play at all!!

Yes, I'm sure if they get traded, they will just retire. :rolleyes:

javsvt
04-29-2013, 09:06 AM
Yea its all about melo and lbj on this forum...i've forgot about that lol!
Wrong, don't forget about Kobe and Dwight, then that's about it.

akesh99
04-29-2013, 09:11 AM
Any thing could happen but I see melo Closeing it out next game but I also saw my lakers beating the spurs in 6 and man was I wrong! Lol

What a stupid prediction

D-Leethal
04-29-2013, 09:13 AM
Wrong, don't forget about Kobe and Dwight, then that's about it.

The Rose birds will be back soon enough too.

D-Leethal
04-29-2013, 09:14 AM
I don't think Boston is good enough to pull that off. We beat them 6 straight times before last game and should have won that if we weren't missing our 2nd best player.

The Sox were a phenomenal championship level team in '04 who just fell asleep for 3 games.

Baseball is also MUCH different than basketball when it comes to that sort of comeback. Much harder to do in NBA. Baseball, teams are acclimated to playing in 'series', in sweeping series all year long, winning 3-4 straight against the same team. Winning 4 straight against the same basketball team is much tougher to do.

colinskik
04-29-2013, 09:32 AM
This is a terrible thread. THe real thread should be how the Knicks almost came back from a 20-point deficit without their 2nd best player, who was suspended for inflated and exaggerated reasons, and whose best player was have an extremely off night.

THere's no way the Celtics off the Knicks at MSG.

Celticsfan2007
04-29-2013, 09:33 AM
What a dream come true if that we're to happen.

I'd feel so bad for NY fans, you guys havnt won a playoff series in like what 15 years?

Knicks21
04-29-2013, 10:05 AM
Im a red sox fan, and the celtics dont have what it takes, not even close.

MrfadeawayJB
04-29-2013, 11:50 AM
I'm not seeing it. Boston looks too old imo

Jarvo
04-29-2013, 11:53 AM
IF Boston comes back and win this series *Which I dont think they will* PSD will be full of banned users :faint:

ManningToTyree
04-29-2013, 12:14 PM
This crossed my mind but I don't see it. I think we close it out on Wednesday. If Boston is able to win then I will be seriously concerned.

NYJ - NYY
04-29-2013, 12:38 PM
yesterday was tough to swallow but at the same time semi-expected... boston was desperate not to be swept and the championship mentality theyve had for years wasnt going to let them give up without their best fight...

in saying that, we are going to blow them out wednesday... melo wont ever play as bad as he did yesterday (hes my man my favorite nba player favorite knick but he kind of lost the game for us yesterday) jr boogie will come out with a vengeance after letting the team down and we will win going away and rest up for the next series... good series boston you took a game from us and eluded a sweep... we're comin for your necks on wednesday and then pacers/hawks got you in our sights boys!!!

lets ****in go KNICKS

JordansBulls
04-29-2013, 01:47 PM
Not similar at all considering the Red Sox came into that series favorite and had a better pitching staff than the Yankees that season.

AI
04-29-2013, 02:45 PM
Knicks better go undefeated the rest of the playoffs, some fans might kill themselves.

Seriously, one loss and the sky is falling, ridiculous. :laugh2:

Celticsfan2007
04-29-2013, 06:13 PM
If the Knicks somehow lose this series, they are cursed.

To lose a series where your up 3-0 has got to be one of the most demoralizing feelings ever. I'll be rooting for it, but I just don't see it happening.

JEDean89
04-29-2013, 06:18 PM
Um no, JR wasn't playing and the Knicks still almost won. Boston is going down tomorrow.

--23--
04-29-2013, 06:48 PM
I don't see it happening but with the Knicks and their history anything is possible.

Teufelshunde4
04-29-2013, 07:07 PM
Am I the only one who is seeing the simularities between the current NBA series between the Celtics-knicks and the 2004 Red Sox-yankees championship series?

New York team has lead in ninth inning but Boston team ties and wins in extra innings

New York team has lead in fourth quarter but Boston team ties and wins in overtime.

????????????

If the knicks lose the fifth game in New York, and the Celtics have lead both previous games at half-time, I think everyone will start to see the simularities and the knicks will start to feel the pressure.

Trying to connect those two just doesnt work.. Red Sox WERE World Series caliber... These Celtics are not going to challenge for the title.. They are a mess... They won game 4 on pride and guts.. Chances of pulling that off 4 straight games is slim to none.. While I could see the series going 6 games, its not going 7 with Celtics winning the series..

ohreally
04-29-2013, 10:07 PM
I don't think Boston is good enough to pull that off. We beat them 6 straight times before last game and should have won that if we weren't missing our 2nd best player.

The Sox were a phenomenal championship level team in '04 who just fell asleep for 3 games.

Baseball is also MUCH different than basketball when it comes to that sort of comeback. Much harder to do in NBA. Baseball, teams are acclimated to playing in 'series', in sweeping series all year long, winning 3-4 straight against the same team. Winning 4 straight against the same basketball team is much tougher to do.

And yet, everyone was predicting the Knicks would sweep.

Celts coming back and winning the series is a waylongshot, but they do play like crap for an extended period and then put a series of very good games together, so it's not beyond belief. I sort of expect the Celts to take the next one in NY. After that, who knows?

AI
04-30-2013, 12:42 AM
And yet, everyone was predicting the Knicks would sweep.

Celts coming back and winning the series is a waylongshot, but they do play like crap for an extended period and then put a series of very good games together, so it's not beyond belief. I sort of expect the Celts to take the next one in NY. After that, who knows?

It takes Melo shooting 10/35 and J.R. not playing for the Celtics to win in overtime. How exactly do you think they'll beat a full Knicks team with J.R. and Melo not having a historically bad shooting night? Won't happen.

YankeesR#2
05-02-2013, 07:51 AM

Confident New York team Loses fifth game

Underdog Boston team wins fifth game.

????????????

For those who believe the Celtics have no chance, think back to 2004 and ask yourself how much chance you thought the Red Sox had.

The yankees were led by a core of individulas who had won multiple championships together. The Red Sox hadn't won a World Series in 86 years.

The knicks are led by Carmello Anthony, a great individual player who had never played on a team that WON A PLAYOFF SERIES before!!!!!!!!!
It is no coincidence that the tighter the series gets, the tighter Carmello plays.

This is a win-win for me. I root for the Celtics but the knicks have been so bad for so long I have no hatred for them. I'll be rooting for them if they win. At the very least this will teach them about taking ga,mes for granted (wearing all black like they are going to the Celtics funeral-PLEASE!) and if they do come up with a good game it will toughen them up for the series ahead.

oak2455
05-02-2013, 08:25 AM
Nobody cares

Hangtime
05-02-2013, 10:48 AM
I don't care if Boston wins game 6, I think NY wins the series. PP and KG will run out of gas. He was fatigued last night.

Celticsfan2007
05-02-2013, 11:18 AM
Deny till you die.

NYKs new motto!

DumDum
05-02-2013, 11:21 AM
this is getting interesting

Jumba
05-02-2013, 01:19 PM
Haha knick fans are in total denial

KnickaBocka.44
05-02-2013, 01:23 PM
The knicks are led by Carmello Anthony, a great individual player who had never played on a team that WON A PLAYOFF SERIES before!!!!!!!!!

Wrong.

Jumba
05-02-2013, 04:26 PM
Melo made it to the conference finals with the Nugs

Kashmir13579
05-02-2013, 04:29 PM

JR isn't our second best player, and you mean we would've won if 'Melo hit a FT.

KingPosey
05-02-2013, 04:57 PM

Confident New York team Loses fifth game

Underdog Boston team wins fifth game.

????????????

For those who believe the Celtics have no chance, think back to 2004 and ask yourself how much chance you thought the Red Sox had.

The yankees were led by a core of individulas who had won multiple championships together. The Red Sox hadn't won a World Series in 86 years.

It is no coincidence that the tighter the series gets, the tighter Carmello plays.

This is a win-win for me. I root for the Celtics but the knicks have been so bad for so long I have no hatred for them. I'll be rooting for them if they win. At the very least this will teach them about taking ga,mes for granted (wearing all black like they are going to the Celtics funeral-PLEASE!) and if they do come up with a good game it will toughen them up for the series ahead.
Lol melo has won playoff series before. Slightly embarrassing for you, with all the !s and all that.

RLundi
05-02-2013, 05:39 PM
This is a terrible thread. THe real thread should be how the Knicks almost came back from a 20-point deficit without their 2nd best player, who was suspended for inflated and exaggerated reasons, and whose best player was have an extremely off night.

THere's no way the Celtics off the Knicks at MSG.

:eyebrow:

ManRam
05-02-2013, 05:49 PM
besides them being from new york and boston respectively, this is a sloppy comparison.

the knicks aren't the big bad bullies that have pestered the celtics for so long. the yankees, rather, were the powerhouse of the division, and sport, for basically ever. the rivalry was so one-sided, yet far more fierce as well. this is a relatively soft rivalry, and the team behind isn't at all like the underdog that the sox were.

the celtics, unlike the red sox, are an older team full of veterans who have done it all before, but are on the downswing. the red sox however obviously hadn't won in forever and this was almost uncharted territory for all of them.

king4day
05-02-2013, 06:00 PM
I don't think the comparisons are really that close.

Yankees lost two games that Rivera couldn't close.
The OT game the Knicks lost, I thought they were getting beat the whole way and made a big comeback just to send it to OT.

The similarities are:

1. Boston was down 3-0 and has cut into the lead
2. It's Boston and NY again

Now if Rondo were to come back, we could start throwing our bloody sock comparisons :)

Tumstock
05-02-2013, 06:11 PM
"New York, where expectations are sky high" How devastating each season must be...

YankeesR#2
05-03-2013, 07:50 AM
Melo made it to the conference finals with the Nugs

Lol melo has won playoff series before. Slightly embarrassing for you, with all the !s and all that.

Yes both statements are true.

What I should have said that Melo was in the playoffs every year he has been in the league and has gotten out of the first round once. He possesses the worst postseason record (17-38) in more than two decades.

The point is that this isn't the 2004 yankees the Celtics are playing. This is a team that hasn't won a playoff series this century. If they lose tonight they will be in a lot of trouble.

Of the six playoff halfs over three games played in MSG, the Celtics have won three and tied a fourth. The knicks best chance of winning the series may be to win tonight.