PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with Denver?

1_team_1_dream
04-29-2013, 07:17 AM
third seed in the west. Went on streaks by the end of the reg season and some people were saying they have a chance to come out of the west. So now they are 3-1 down I know some people will say they lost galo but GS lost D lee. Some people will say they do not have a star but then does GS have a star ? be4 the series I looked at ty lawson and curry as a wash . so what is wrong with the nuggets?

lamzoka
04-29-2013, 07:31 AM
they dont have a to go guy.
they dont have the altitude advantage during the playoffs.
this series could've easily been a sweep.

king4day
04-29-2013, 07:33 AM
they dont have a to go guy.
they dont have the altitude advantage during the playoffs.
this series could've easily been a sweep.

I agree with everything here.
I do think Gallo is a big part of the lopsided losses we're witnessing but Golden State has a star on their hands in Curry and he's shredding the Nuggets.
This series could have been a sweep as it took a game winner from Miller to take game one.

jp611
04-29-2013, 07:39 AM
Steph Curry is a star... You're watching him blossom right in front of your eyes

That's what's wrong with Denver

D-Leethal
04-29-2013, 07:53 AM
Regular.Season.Team.

Karl sucks.

You need a star to win in the playoffs - its not an overused cliche. STAT geeks are wrong. There is no advanced metric that will tell you that, so many will write it off. You need it, they need it, its blatantly obvious to anyone who's watching. The best player in the series is dominating.

Davidgta1
04-29-2013, 08:12 AM
Steph Curry is a star... You're watching him blossom right in front of your eyes

That's what's wrong with Denver

I was about to say that

b@llhog24
04-29-2013, 08:12 AM
Gallo went down, Faried and Ty are hurt. Karl is in over his head and Curry is playing like the sin baby of Micheal Jordan and the Devil.

kobe4thewinbang
04-29-2013, 08:18 AM
Curry's just on fire, that's really it. And Denver can't keep up with GS.

Ty_Lawson
04-29-2013, 08:25 AM
We would have a star if we had another coach...Ty can't become one when he is not playing star minutes and doesn't have a ball when miller is with him on the court(that's Karls fault,he is in love with miller...)...i just hope if we lose we will fire Karl and hire someone smarter...i wouldn't mind Shaw or McMillan..make a few trades to get sharp shooters and we are good to go..i think we can get Ellis or Redick,trade McGee and sign Bynum...so a team with Ty,Ellis,Gallo,Faried,Bynum and a smart coach would be contender IMO..

Davidgta1
04-29-2013, 08:34 AM
But yeah curry's playing like dirk did 2 years ago I always knew he was a ****ing beast

Davidgta1
04-29-2013, 08:37 AM
We would have a star if we had another coach...Ty can't become one when he is not playing star minutes and doesn't have a ball when miller is with him on the court(that's Karls fault,he is in love with miller...)...i just hope if we lose we will fire Karl and hire someone smarter...i wouldn't mind Shaw or McMillan..make a few trades to get sharp shooters and we are good to go..i think we can get Ellis or Redick,trade McGee and sign Bynum...so a team with Ty,Ellis,Gallo,Faried,Bynum and a smart coach would be contender IMO..
Bynum woundnt run up and the down the court he'd slow ur team down and ***** about not getting the ball and take 3's lol but should go after monte for sure him and Lawson would be deadly.

Ty_Lawson
04-29-2013, 08:42 AM
We wouldn't run either...i would rather see us in 2nd round than see us run in RS and lose in POs...
he would be that C we really need and i think he is good to play next season,and i also think he wants to show everyone he is better than Dwight so i dont know better place than Denver for doing that :D :D and if he gets injured we still have starting C in KK...
I was also thinking about nate robinson if we fire karl and trade miller/chandler/mcgee(we should be able to get something good in return for 3 of them...)..so we would have something like
Ty,Nate,Stone
Ellis,Evan,JHam
Gallo
Faried,Randolph
Bynum,KK
and those players we get from the trade...maybe lottery pick or someone good like LMA..just imagine we sign Bynum to 7-8mil per year,trade McGee,Chandler,Miller for LMA,fillers and put Faried as 6th man...
Ty,Ellis,Gallo,LMA,Bynum..

Davidgta1
04-29-2013, 08:51 AM
Would be a beast line up if Bynum could stay healty and he could be a go to player you really need cuz unlike Dwight he can hit his free throws and he is a straight up beast in the post.

NYKnickFanatic
04-29-2013, 08:51 AM
George Karl. He is a great regular season coach, but when the playoffs come, it's a different story.

A lot of people want to blame Melo, when he was in Denver, but honestly it's Karl.

Ty_Lawson
04-29-2013, 08:55 AM
We (DN fans) all know it's Karl..because he will "go with his horse" :mad: even when his horse is 2-13 shooting :mad: Fire GK and let him have his horse!!!

NYKnickFanatic
04-29-2013, 09:01 AM
We (DN fans) all know it's Karl..because he will "go with his horse" :mad: even when his horse is 2-13 shooting :mad: Fire GK and let him have his horse!!!

Would you like to have Phil Jackson?

Ty_Lawson
04-29-2013, 09:02 AM
It doesn't have to be him,there are good coaches out there that would get this team from first round for sure!

Rentzias
04-29-2013, 09:20 AM
...so a team with Ty,Ellis,Gallo,Faried,Bynum and a smart coach would be contender IMO..
Gross, especially if you mean Monta Ellis., and you don't have Iguodala, who is in your sig, in the lineup. We are getting smoked defensively already, and you want to add a non-defending chucker, remove an elite wing defender, and add an injury-prone head case who has been out of ball for a decent amount of time.

That lineup is bottom four playoff seed at its very best.

Ty_Lawson
04-29-2013, 09:24 AM
I dont have him because i don't think he will sign for less than 10mil and i don't think he is worth that money...and we already have head case that is not playing so why not add one that would actually play even if GK is a coach??and yes i would rather have Iggy than monta but i would rather have 20-25ppg from monta for maybe 8-9mil than Iggys defense for 12 mil...

Rentzias
04-29-2013, 09:44 AM
and yes i would rather have Iggy than monta but i would rather have 20-25ppg from monta for maybe 8-9mil than Iggys defense for 12 mil...
He went 19 ppg this year at 41% FG shooting, and 28% 3PT shooting. Those bricks would've built a ridiculous house of possessions for the Warriors to live in with their threes. All that does is make us lose 121-135 instead.

Avenged
04-29-2013, 09:51 AM
Typical George Karl team.

3RDASYSTEM
04-29-2013, 10:02 AM
This is another example thread of what I basically speak on

you are who you are

a star player isn't made in the playoffs, CURRY should have been a top pick and 3rd overall at worst

his game been lethal since DAVIDSON, he got same flame shot like his pops but more 'game' which makes him AI like without the freak athletic-physical ability, but a crossover mixed with a flame makes for a pretty much unguardable player from where we play at

D-Leethal
04-29-2013, 10:07 AM
This is another example thread of what I basically speak on

you are who you are

a star player isn't made in the playoffs, CURRY should have been a top pick and 3rd overall at worst

his game been lethal since DAVIDSON, he got same flame shot like his pops but more 'game' which makes him AI like without the freak athletic-physical ability, but a crossover mixed with a flame makes for a pretty much unguardable player from where we play at

There was a huge contingent of fans and analysts who said Steph Curry had no shot of translating to the NBA. He was used at Davidson like they used Redick at Duke, as a straight shooter, not really as a PG. He would run screens off the ball like Ray Allen/Jason Terry and rarely handled it as PG.

Until Bob Knight came out with an ESPN segment called Steph Curry the best passer in college basketball, the vast majority said he was not an NBA PG, and that he was too small and weak to be a SG.

They were wrong, I saw a little Steve Nash in this kid from day 1. Knicks were drooling over the idea of pairing him with Mike D'Antoni.

R. Johnson#3
04-29-2013, 10:09 AM
Steph Curry realized he has super powers. That's what happened.

BklynKnicks3
04-29-2013, 10:10 AM
If denver was up 3-1 all u would hear is how they are better without Melo, even thoe this is a whole diffrent team. George Karl has not had much success in the playoffs since he left the supersonice, Even there he lost to a 8 seed Nuggets team. I dont know why this is not talked about instead Its always Melos fault.

D-Leethal
04-29-2013, 10:18 AM
If denver was up 3-1 all u would hear is how they are better without Melo, even thoe this is a whole diffrent team. George Karl has not had much success in the playoffs since he left the supersonice, Even there he lost to a 8 seed Nuggets team. I dont know why this is not talked about instead Its always Melos fault.

In Seattle he got bounced in the first round with a 63 win team (8 vs 1 like you mentioned) and the next year he got bounced with a 57 win team in rd1 (got beat by a 47 win, Cedric Ceballos-Vlade Divac led Laker squad)

Hes been choking in the first round for years and years, long before Melo, and it looks like long after Melo.

I still laugh when Barkley calls this guy one of the best 3 coaches in the NBA.

BklynKnicks3
04-29-2013, 10:19 AM
tru story one thing u can say about Melo is he never lost as a high seed and thats looks to be tru this year as well

nycericanguy
04-29-2013, 10:22 AM
Well for a team without a star, Gallo is out and Chandler has done nothing again in this series.

I think DEN is a great regular season team, but if you're built around several very good players, you pretty much need ALL of those guys to keep playing at a high level in the playoffs. And that's just hard to get.

Lawson has really been the only guy that has played very well in the PS, Gallo & Chandler have been awful for every playoff series. Lawson alone isn't going to win you a series.

And Curry is just on another level right now, if it wasn't for that ankle I'd take him over Harden. He's simply the best player on the court and it's really not even close.

D-Leethal
04-29-2013, 10:24 AM
Well for a team without a star, Gallo is out and Chandler has done nothing again in this series.

I think DEN is a great regular season team, but if you're built around several very good players, you pretty much need ALL of those guys to keep playing at a high level in the playoffs. And that's just hard to get.

Lawson has really been the only guy that has played very well in the PS, Gallo & Chandler have been awful for every playoff series. Lawson alone isn't going to win you a series.

And Curry is just on another level right now, if it wasn't for that ankle I'd take him over Harden. He's simply the best player on the court and it's really not even close.

Life gets tough for role players in the playoffs - even great role players. Thats why you need a star.

And when two teams are evenly matched - the team with the best player on the court more often than not will win the game. Thats why you need a star.

This 5-as-1 no star system will only work if they are a shutdown defense, your not gonna outgun teams in the playoffs, especially without an elite player on the squad.

D-Leethal
04-29-2013, 10:27 AM
tru story one thing u can say about Melo is he never lost as a high seed and thats looks to be tru this year as well

I think he did one year vs Utah as a 3 vs 6 IIRC. But also that year the difference between 3 vs 6 was likely a game or 2.

BklynKnicks3
04-29-2013, 10:28 AM
the only playoff loss Melo has had that to me was his fault was vs the clippers

Ty_Lawson
04-29-2013, 10:43 AM
I don't want to start a "fight" or anything but this is not a topic about melo because he is not in Denver anymore...are we better TEAM than team with melo?Yes we are!(better season record than any team he played for) but we are few shooters away and a smart coach(Ty would already be a star if he was on some other team,lets say Bucks...) to represent west conf. in finals ;)

Hawkeye15
04-29-2013, 10:46 AM
no Gallo, injuries to both Lawson and Faried are slowing those two down, and quite frankly, Curry is playing out of his mind. They are also getting contributions from Bogut, which at any point, is a huge plus.

nycericanguy
04-29-2013, 10:49 AM
I don't want to start a "fight" or anything but this is not a topic about melo because he is not in Denver anymore...are we better TEAM than team with melo?Yes we are!(better season record than any team he played for) but we are few shooters away and a smart coach(Ty would already be a star if he was on some other team,lets say Bucks...) to represent west conf. in finals ;)

come on dude really? You really think you're better w/o Melo because you won 2 more games this year?

You're telling me you wouldn't trade Miller (who apparently everyone wants gone), and Gallo/Chandler who have done nothing in the PS for Melo right now?

This whole "DEN is better w/o Melo is silly"... DEN just happened to have Lawson waiting in the wings and then they drafted Faried. Put Melo with lawson & Faried and it's a scary team

Koufas
Faried
Melo
Iggy
Lawson

ewing
04-29-2013, 10:51 AM
Nothing. They are banged up and missing what a very big piece. Plus GS is pretty damn good

Ty_Lawson
04-29-2013, 11:02 AM
come on dude really? You really think you're better w/o Melo because you won 2 more games this year?

You're telling me you wouldn't trade Miller (who apparently everyone wants gone), and Gallo/Chandler who have done nothing in the PS for Melo right now?

This whole "DEN is better w/o Melo is silly"... DEN just happened to have Lawson waiting in the wings and then they drafted Faried. Put Melo with lawson & Faried and it's a scary team

Koufas
Faried
Melo
Iggy
Lawson
but he didn't play with Lawson,Faried...i just say that this team with Koufos,Faried,Gallo,Iggy,Lawson would beat any Denver team melo played with ;)
Melo had 6 years to do something in the POs and Gallo had 2 years(don't count this year POs...),we were out of first round once in 6 years,give Gallo some time...and once again,i'm saying this TEAM(as a whole) is better than any team melo played for(as a whole again...) and yes if you put melo on this team we would be contenders but i don't want him after the way he left(saying whole season he will leave and when trade deadline was aproaching he said something like "you must be though to play and think about stuff happening around you(trade)"...it wasn't us who wanted him out asap and made it "though" for him,it was him!!

JasonJohnHorn
04-29-2013, 11:05 AM
Well... I think on paper, with Gallo and Lee both out of the picture, that the Nuggets have the best team on paper, and they also have the better record and home court. There really is no reason why this team should be down 3-1 right now. If both teams were healthy, then I wouldn't be surprised if GS won because I think Lee and Curry are both playing better basketball than anybody on Denver's roster (though Faried and Iggy are great guys and not to be discounted).

The loss of Lee is huge statistically. He their leading rebounds and second leading scorer. Gallo was second on the team in scoring. I think Lee provided more to the Warriors than Gallo did to the Nuggets, and I don't think the Warriors are as deep as the Nuggets, so the loss of Lee hurts the Warriors a lot more than the loss of Gallo hurts the Nuggets.

I don't understand why the Nuggets are down 3-1 in this series. All I can think is coaching, but I haven't seen any games so far, so I can't say.

Ty_Lawson
04-29-2013, 11:11 AM
I don't understand why the Nuggets are down 3-1 in this series. All I can think is coaching, but I haven't seen any games so far, so I can't say.

would any coach in this league or any other basketball league put "his horse" andre miller (100 years old player) to try and defend Curry!!Even Iggy has problems with that and GK thinks Miller can do it...if it wasn't my team i would laugh about that...if we stop playing small and start playing like we should (Iggy/Lawson on Curry,Chandler/Iggy on Klay/Barnes) we could win next game but GK said that miller is guaranted in our 4th quarter lineup...

FYL_McVeezy
04-29-2013, 11:31 AM
1) Steph Curry is disconnected from reality...
2) The Gallo injury is affecting them more than we thought it would.

THE GIPPER
04-29-2013, 11:36 AM
no Gallo, injuries to both Lawson and Faried are slowing those two down, and quite frankly, Curry is playing out of his mind. They are also getting contributions from Bogut, which at any point, is a huge plus.

This

Thread/

THE GIPPER
04-29-2013, 11:39 AM
Fun Fact(s): Steph Curry's offensive rating this series is 133, his ast% is 38.4, and his PER is 30.3 :speechless:

BKLYNpigeon
04-29-2013, 11:46 AM
Gallo is injured. Hes their best shooter and allows the Nuggs to stretch the floor. The Warriors are killing the Nuggets in Zone Defense at times.

Faried is playing injured and looks nothing like himself.

tough match up for the Nuggets. just just got a bad break missing 2 key guys.

Swashcuff
04-29-2013, 11:52 AM

No team with Ellis in the starting lineup is going to be a contender. He kept Curry back and he's going to do the same to Ty. You'd have a better shot at being contender waiting on Bynum to get healthy than you would with a healthy Monta.

Ty_Lawson
04-29-2013, 11:54 AM
That was just a thought...i would rather have iggy(but not on 12mil contract) than monta,trade Chandler,Miller and McGee(Massai should be able to get something good in return) and sign Bynum..

Jarvo
04-29-2013, 12:04 PM
Can't stop the 3 ball

Becks2307
04-29-2013, 12:06 PM
I knew this was going to happen come playoff time and it's going to continue happening until Denver trades a couple pieces for a real stud.

Jarvo
04-29-2013, 12:07 PM
No team with Ellis in the starting lineup is going to be a contender. He kept Curry back and he's going to do the same to Ty. You'd have a better shot at being contender waiting on Bynum to get healthy than you would with a healthy Monta.

Leave my boy Monta alone lol if he have good players around I don't think he would chuck it so much.

zn23
04-29-2013, 12:08 PM
Coach Nick on BBallbreakdown really gave a great analysis on this.

You have to look at the coach, and some of the decisions the Nuggets are making.

He gave a great stat about how Andre Igoudala is ranked in the lower percentile for isolation in the league. Yet last night I saw him try to be a playmaker and isolate 3 times and each time he lost the dribble and turned the ball over. You have to know your personnel.

Karl is getting badly out coached this series.

nycericanguy
04-29-2013, 12:12 PM
Gallo is injured. Hes their best shooter and allows the Nuggs to stretch the floor. The Warriors are killing the Nuggets in Zone Defense at times.

Faried is playing injured and looks nothing like himself.

tough match up for the Nuggets. just just got a bad break missing 2 key guys.

yea but Lee is out and Curry is also playing through a pretty rough injury.

Mudvayne91
04-29-2013, 12:12 PM

I think many may be overlooking Bogut's impact.

Karl is getting out coached, the zone is killing us, our centers are playing so bad, everyone is playing so inconsistent, no legit shooters , injuries, our D is ****, Curry and gang shhoting lights out etc. I like this team, but we need a legit center, shooter and new coach. I love Karl, but it's time to move on.

Ty_Lawson
04-29-2013, 12:14 PM
I think many may be overlooking Bogut's impact.

Karl is getting out coached, the zone is killing us, our centers are playing so bad, everyone is playing so inconsistent, no legit shooters , injuries, our D is ****, Curry and gang shhoting lights out etc. I like this team, but we need a legit center, shooter and new coach. I love Karl, but it's time to move on.
Bynum,JJ Redick and Shaw/McMillan/SVG??

Swashcuff
04-29-2013, 12:18 PM
Leave my boy Monta alone lol if he have good players around I don't think he would chuck it so much.

Lol I went a bit overboard but IMO like you said he needs to be surrounded by more than a few good players in order to really be used effectively (as was evident in his 3rd year in the league with the Warriors) but IMO eventhough he's a vet now he NEEDS vet leadership.

D-Leethal
04-29-2013, 12:49 PM
All those injuries didn't stop the Nuggets from finishing the regular season 8-1, but now thats the reason they can't win? Lets not pretend like GSW isn't missing an all star and their MVP is playing on hobbled feet. GSW is arguably missing a much bigger piece to their team and are playing without top notch replacements waiting in the wings to fill in (Chandler, Iggy).

Sounds like a lot of excuses to me. They were the bonafide favorites before the series started, while the Warriors still had Lee. Now Lee is out and the Warriors just have too much firepower for the injury depleted Nuggets? Please....

Of all series, I think injuries are pretty even in this one. Denver deserves no sympathy there. The team with the best player on the floor is winning this series, like they do pretty much everytime there is an evenly matched playoff series.

BklynKnicks3
04-29-2013, 12:52 PM
Its pretty simple GS has a star denver doesnt they traded theirs to us :)

D-Leethal
04-29-2013, 12:55 PM
I knew this was going to happen come playoff time and it's going to continue happening until Denver trades a couple pieces for a real stud.

Pretty much everyone outside of the analytics posse saw this coming.

b@llhog24
04-29-2013, 01:38 PM

He'd be great off the bench for the Spurs. If there's anybody who could control him, it's Pop.

yea but Lee is out and Curry is also playing through a pretty rough injury.

Not really comparable. An injury to Ty/Faried would affect them more because their games are based on athleticism; whereas Curry's is based off of skill. Also Gallo was their only semi consistent floor spacer, whereas the Dubs live by the jump-shot so having Lee out even though he's probably a better player than Gallo has less off an impact.

All those injuries didn't stop the Nuggets from finishing the regular season 8-1, but now thats the reason they can't win? Lets not pretend like GSW isn't missing an all star and their MVP is playing on hobbled feet. GSW is arguably missing a much bigger piece to their team and are playing without top notch replacements waiting in the wings to fill in (Chandler, Iggy).

Sounds like a lot of excuses to me. They were the bonafide favorites before the series started, while the Warriors still had Lee. Now Lee is out and the Warriors just have too much firepower for the injury depleted Nuggets? Please....

Of all series, I think injuries are pretty even in this one. Denver deserves no sympathy there. The team with the best player on the floor is winning this series, like they do pretty much everytime there is an evenly matched playoff series.

Depth matters less in the playoffs.

Yea because that's why the majority of posters (analytic or not) on these boards assumed that they were gonna get their *** handed to them. Also Hollinger said they weren't built for the playoffs iirc, but that they would be a great team in the reg season.

Hawkeye15
04-29-2013, 01:48 PM

quite the opposite actually. Stats guys said they are built for the regular season, not the playoffs dude.

JordansBulls
04-29-2013, 01:49 PM
third seed in the west. Went on streaks by the end of the reg season and some people were saying they have a chance to come out of the west. So now they are 3-1 down I know some people will say they lost galo but GS lost D lee. Some people will say they do not have a star but then does GS have a star ? be4 the series I looked at ty lawson and curry as a wash . so what is wrong with the nuggets?

They lost at home and haven't recovered. They depended on HCA too much and when they lost it didn't know how to get it back.

More-Than-Most
04-29-2013, 01:53 PM
They are the sixers of last year but slightly better....Basically they will now be stuck in this hell for years where they are good enough to be a mid playoff team and possibly win a series but that is as far as they will go. Thank ****ing god they took iggy

BKLYNpigeon
04-29-2013, 02:16 PM
Warriors were projected to finish 13th in the West this season.

daboywonder2002
04-29-2013, 02:19 PM
1. karl with this small ball lineup to matchup with golden state. anytime you gotta change your starting 5 all of a sudden. you're in trouble. stick with what you are. and make them adjust to u. this nuggets small lineup has done nothing to prove me wrong.

2. faried not right. gallo injured.

3. steph playing out of his mind.

if karl just plays his big boy normal lineup. and win the rebounding battle. they have a chance.

Bruno
04-29-2013, 02:20 PM
if you are not the defensive juggernaut of your given era, you need a superstar to make it deep into the playoffs.

they are missing a key piece, and they are dealing with a legit superstar in stephen curry.

D-Leethal
04-29-2013, 02:20 PM
quite the opposite actually. Stats guys said they are built for the regular season, not the playoffs dude.

I must be smoking crack because I remembered EVERYONE picking Nuggets in this series around here, I remember during their streak there being a thread 'Can Denver make the finals?' with many people saying they could, using things like SRS and writing off the whole 'you need a star to win in the playoffs' thing as nonsense. I'm going off memory here so I apologize if I'm wrong.

What was the reasoning for stat guys saying they were built for the regular season and not the playoffs? I am interested in how the stat heads would incorporate that 'built for the regular season vs built for the playoffs' into their core philosophy and if there are any metrics they use to decipher whether a team is more equipped for playoff ball.

CityofChaos
04-29-2013, 02:54 PM
1.) Denver has no offense. Losing Gallinari was a huge blow especially considering he was a key reason why the Nuggets beat the Warriors 3-1 during the regular season.

2.) Karl has become Avery Johnson by trying to play small ball with the Warriors which was a HUGE mistake for the 06-07 Mavericks team that got upset by GSW.

SportsFanatic10
04-29-2013, 04:07 PM
the warriors are just the better team it looks like.

--23--
04-29-2013, 05:54 PM
Nothing is really wrong with them expect for Gallo's injury, I been saying this for awhile GSW is an equal/not great match up for Denver. When you put a bad three point defending team against one of the best 3pt shooting teams, this is what you may get if the coach don't make proper defensive adjustments. People have to give Mark Jackson credit for lineup change he did after Lee went down, it basically turned Denver small ball run up & down advantage in GSW favor. Not only can they run with Denver now they can out shoot them from all 4 positions.

Chronz
04-29-2013, 06:18 PM
They are missing Gallo, their only legitimate floor spacer and a surprisingly good defender. Thats huge to a team like theirs. When you win with depth, you kind of need your depth.

PhillySportFan
04-29-2013, 06:29 PM
Defense. Who cares about Steph Curry, let him get his, cause he will so they shouldn't worry about it. Stop the other guys from scoring, go check the box score of the games, if the Nuggets wanna win they gotta hold them below 100. I mean Jarret Jack scoring 20+ every game? really? Can't let that happen.

Guppyfighter
04-29-2013, 06:29 PM
Their defense is tied closely to their offense. And they run double amount their normal pick and rolls, it causes turnovers. They aren't running anything super clever and it shows.

Rentzias
04-29-2013, 06:47 PM
They are missing Gallo, their only legitimate floor spacer and a surprisingly good defender. Thats huge to a team like theirs. When you win with depth, you kind of need your depth.
Correct. The points were replaceable, but not the defensive size/agility, and the only other post player we had (Post Option A: Andre Miller).

Don't want Steph Curry to just "get his" either since that will probably result in us taking the ball out instead of getting out on a break.

Heediot
04-29-2013, 07:18 PM
Regular.Season.Team.

Karl sucks.

You need a star to win in the playoffs - its not an overused cliche. STAT geeks are wrong. There is no advanced metric that will tell you that, so many will write it off. You need it, they need it, its blatantly obvious to anyone who's watching. The best player in the series is dominating.

Yeah Stat geeks love teams like Denver and the current Spurs. You need some one who can take over and close out games come playoff time.

Heediot
04-29-2013, 07:23 PM
This 5-as-1 no star system will only work if they are a shutdown defense, your not gonna outgun teams in the playoffs, especially without an elite player on the squad.

Even then you need a closer. Great defensive teams teams like recently won ships like Boston and Detroit had clutch guys capable of closing out games. Billups, Allen/Pierce were all unconscious.

Chronz
04-29-2013, 08:13 PM
Even then you need a closer. Great defensive teams teams like recently won ships like Boston and Detroit had clutch guys capable of closing out games. Billups, Allen/Pierce were all unconscious.

LOL not even close. Check out what Pierce shot in the clutch during that run

Chronz
04-29-2013, 08:13 PM
Yeah Stat geeks love teams like Denver and the current Spurs. You need some one who can take over and close out games come playoff time.
Proof?

Kashmir13579
04-29-2013, 08:48 PM
Regular.Season.Team.

Karl sucks.

What a joke you've become. God forbid the BS you'll be spewing when the Knicks make it to the ECF.

I apologize on behalf of rational Knick fans who haven't let the petit success get to their head. You have to understand its been so long since guys like D-Leethal have had their team in position to win a playoff series.

Kashmir13579
04-29-2013, 08:52 PM

He's only a surprisingly good defender because people slept on him when he was with the Knicks, due to the Knicks being god-awful.

and Gallo puts any good offensive team over the top imo.

Gritz
04-29-2013, 09:02 PM
Steph Curry is what's wrong with Denver

sfattahian
04-29-2013, 09:15 PM

your assumption that Curry and Lawson are a wash. You guys haven'tt been watching Curry all season or you'd know he's just being himself, especially since the all-star break.

They have no bigs, Fareid is like 6'7" tops (think at the combine he was 6'6". McGee is overrated and lacks skill.

Warriors players are far more skillful in every position and they play like a team way better. But Steph Curry is the difference between the two teams. And Mark jackson.

sfattahian
04-29-2013, 09:18 PM
The Gallinari injury really hurts you guys more than the Lee injury hurt us. We played all season without Bogut and now we've basically exchanged Lee for Bogut. Bogut is showing what a good center (dying breed) is capable of adding to an already good team. His defense and muscle, especially his screens have made a massive impact.

I think Denver is suprised by the fight of the Warriors. They thought they were going to run us over, but we're giving them the run around. As MJ would say "thing of beauty"

mp3
04-29-2013, 09:23 PM
Stephen Curry has been the best player in the playoffs thus far. Curry, Jack, and Thompson are all great shooters and there is never going to be a game when all three are having an off shooting night. Ty Lawson shouldn't have to lead the Nuggets in points each game. Right now, the Nuggets consist of a bunch of athletic guys who don't really shoot that well. They are being completely outplayed and out coached.

denverfan66
04-29-2013, 10:21 PM
Curry has been outstanding and has had the luxury of Andre Miller guarding him many times. There's no way that should happen.

Guppyfighter
04-29-2013, 10:59 PM
Curry has been outstanding and has had the luxury of Andre Miller guarding him many times. There's no way that should happen.

Don't worry, Iggy and Brewer hasn't worked either.

Purple_n_Gold
04-29-2013, 11:03 PM
One thing this series has easily proven is curry got snubbed in the allstar game, another thing is that Lawson comparing to Curry is definitely not a wash. Curry is much better. I would say Lawson definitely over achieved this year Curry IMO is just scratching the surface if he can stay healthy.

IgglesFanInCO
04-29-2013, 11:12 PM
The warriors have played fantastically, and deserve to have won

that being said, when given the chance Iggy has done very well on curry, but anyone who is watching carefully can see that George Karl is having one of the worst coaching performances in playoff history(an example being choosing to have andre miller one of the worst defending guards in the league, if not the worst, guarding Curry), its truly embarrassing to watch, i didnt even realize bad coaching could be THAT much of a detriment, I didnt know a coach could be THAT bad

GS has done great though, cant take anything away from them they are a lot better than the 6th seed tells them, Bogut and Curry are stepping up big time

raiderposting
04-29-2013, 11:13 PM
Stephen currys healthy ankles is what's wrong.

DumDum
04-29-2013, 11:56 PM
they need someone who can call their own shot they don't have a guy like that

Guppyfighter
04-29-2013, 11:58 PM

Lawson has been fine in iso situations. However, they are being hurt by their really predictable offense. Too many pick and rolls. And a lot of their pick and rolls have been going to Iggy, who is awful as the pick and roll ball handler.

Karl is being awful.

--23--
04-30-2013, 12:03 AM

:laugh2: your sig cracks me up

obie
04-30-2013, 12:15 AM
they're being out coached

roshan3ai
04-30-2013, 12:39 AM
No Gallo is killing them. They don't have their second best defender and in the half court they are missing their best halfcourt offensive weapon. They also don't have the ability to spread the floor especially without Gallo. And Karl is an overrated coach. Oh also Stephen Curry.

zn23
04-30-2013, 02:24 AM
The warriors have played fantastically, and deserve to have won

that being said, when given the chance Iggy has done very well on curry, but anyone who is watching carefully can see that George Karl is having one of the worst coaching performances in playoff history(an example being choosing to have andre miller one of the worst defending guards in the league, if not the worst, guarding Curry), its truly embarrassing to watch, i didnt even realize bad coaching could be THAT much of a detriment, I didnt know a coach could be THAT bad

GS has done great though, cant take anything away from them they are a lot better than the 6th seed tells them, Bogut and Curry are stepping up big time

How about him allowing Iggy to isolate? Iggy is not a playmaker! Last game he got 7 turnovers, and at least 3 of them were unforced turnovers. He should not be isolating!

The two point guard lineup with Miller and Lawson also limits the team severely.

This maybe one of the worst coaching performances I can remember.

Guppyfighter
04-30-2013, 03:05 AM
How about him allowing Iggy to isolate? Iggy is not a playmaker! Last game he got 7 turnovers, and at least 3 of them were unforced turnovers. He should not be isolating!

The two point guard lineup with Miller and Lawson also limits the team severely.

This maybe one of the worst coaching performances I can remember.

He also has Iggy being the pick and roll ball handler. iggy is in the 24th percentile in that. It's what made them lose two games ago. He picked and rolled, got stuck in the air, turnover.

denverfan66
04-30-2013, 12:04 PM
Don't worry, Iggy and Brewer hasn't worked either.

True, but Dre's defense on Steph has been horrible. Just look at the pictures-

http://www.roundballminingcompany.com/2013/04/30/you-dont-tug-on-supermans-cape/#more-6092

Rentzias
04-30-2013, 12:57 PM
True, but Dre's defense on Steph has been horrible. Just look at the pictures-

http://www.roundballminingcompany.com/2013/04/30/you-dont-tug-on-supermans-cape/#more-6092
Oh lord. That looks like me at the rec after Burger King. Me being Miller. (I'm sure others here ball better on burgers).