PDA

View Full Version : is it ever ok to wish injury upon a player?

el hidalgo
04-28-2013, 09:43 PM
lately iv been seeing guys wish injury on opposing teams players. there have been a ton of injuries this season, and it is just a shame to see teams like the thunder lose all hope at winning a title with their star player going down. quite frankly it disgusts me as a person and a fan to wish a player to be injured and go through grueling pain and rehab. i like seeing the game at full strength and at a high level.

what is your opinion on this?

Hawkeye15
04-28-2013, 09:47 PM
no. I can't stand Kobe, or in my past days, Robinson. But I never wish injury on them.

SportsFanatic10
04-28-2013, 09:49 PM
of course not. you've gotta be a sick person to do that...

krisxsong
04-28-2013, 09:50 PM
Uhhh I've never wished injury on players outside of my own team.

I hate Kobe with a passion. Seeing him succeed makes me sick, seeing him fail brings me joy. Still I never wished an injury upon him.

I have wished injuries upon players on my own team though, and still till this day I wish ill things upon PJ Carlesimo.

Then again once you get over the heat of the moment you realize it's stupid, but I still hate PJ with a passion.

So no I've never, not even in the heat of the moment, wished for injury on any player that wasn't on the NJ/BKN Nets.

el hidalgo
04-28-2013, 09:50 PM
no. I can't stand Kobe, or in my past days, Robinson. But I never wish injury on them.

as in nate robinson or david robinson?

krisxsong
04-28-2013, 09:51 PM

I don't know how anybody could hate the admiral.

Hawkeye15
04-28-2013, 09:55 PM

David. I personally watched shat all over my young puppies, and get away with elbows left and right. I hate him. But I don't. Long internal story...

still1ballin
04-28-2013, 09:56 PM
lately iv been seeing guys wish injury on opposing teams players. there have been a ton of injuries this season, and it is just a shame to see teams like the thunder lose all hope at winning a title with their star player going down. quite frankly it disgusts me as a person and a fan to wish a player to be injured and go through grueling pain and rehab. i like seeing the game at full strength and at a high level.

I know bro

beasted86
04-28-2013, 09:59 PM
You are a true loser if you wish injury on a player (like the poster above).

I hate injuries because they provide an excuse. I'd rather win and lose at full strength for both teams.

krisxsong
04-28-2013, 09:59 PM
David. I personally watched shat all over my young puppies, and get away with elbows left and right. I hate him. But I don't. Long internal story...

I never understood why people hated certain players/teams just cause they dominate your favorite ones.

b@llhog24
04-28-2013, 10:01 PM
I call them **** bois.

b@llhog24
04-28-2013, 10:01 PM
I don't know how anybody could hate the admiral.

+1.

Hellcrooner
04-28-2013, 10:02 PM
never and i think it should be an automatic 1 month ban.

krisxsong
04-28-2013, 10:05 PM

ban from what?

Hawkeye15
I never understood why people hated certain players/teams just cause they dominate your favorite ones.

you can't be serious

Hellcrooner
ban from what?

from psd

krisxsong
04-28-2013, 10:08 PM
from psd

Oh

krisxsong
04-28-2013, 10:10 PM
you can't be serious

That I am.

So it's normal for me as a Nets fan to hate every single team that has dominated us for the past 3 years? That's just about every team in the NBA.

el hidalgo
04-28-2013, 10:12 PM

+1

Hawkeye15
04-28-2013, 10:14 PM
That I am.

So it's normal for me as a Nets fan to hate every single team that has dominated us for the past 3 years? That's just about every team in the NBA.

haha, I get you, and I agree to an extent. My best friend hates everyone who has a great game against the Wolves. That is literally half the league at worst. What I mean is, a player who ROUTINELY crushes my team, I can't stand, unless I like him to begin with.

Duncan = Donkey
04-28-2013, 10:15 PM
yes, I was laughing when Kobe injured himself.

I always hope he gets injured.

JasonJohnHorn
04-28-2013, 10:17 PM
If were a fan of a given team, I would want that team to beat the best team when they were healthy and playing at their full capabilities. So no, not only is it not cool to wish an injury on a player, it's also counterproductive to your team earning their rep playing against that team.

Now, if we are talking about a player who is just morally reprehensible, ok... that's a different story.

Tysons_Beard
04-28-2013, 10:17 PM
absolutely not

you sadistic bast*rds

DumDum
04-28-2013, 10:28 PM
I personal never have but I have seen countless Kobe's fans on PSD wish death on other players teams an the mods do next to nothing about it's Appalling and barbaric

smith&wesson
04-28-2013, 10:38 PM
no I like to see teams at their best.

the bulls would be that much better with rose
the lakers would be a completly different team with world peace and bryant
Okc would be contenders with westy
denver would be doing soo much better with gallo
amare would be huge for new yorks bench

injuries take away from the game. I love seeing teams at full strength going head to head...

smith&wesson
04-28-2013, 10:42 PM
wishing injuries to kobe is just stupid. the guys been around what 17-18 seasons and playing at such a high level.

I dont know why anyone would want to see that longgevity end. I would want him to play as long as he could. he is a living legend, playing the game. to me its no different then wishing for duncans career to end with an injury. would be such a shame. guys like duncan, kobe, kg are trully special players.

naps
04-28-2013, 10:48 PM

Absolutely NOT. I have seen many Kobephiles like the ones in your sig wishing injuries to LeBron. Those are some sick****s and are seriously mentally challenged!

DumDum
04-28-2013, 10:50 PM
Absolutely NOT. I have seen many Kobephiles like the ones in your sig wishing injuries to LeBron. Those are some sick****s and are seriously mentally challenged!

some have down syndrome as well

still1ballin
04-28-2013, 10:55 PM
Yep, I've said in the past that I hope LeBron gets injured. I still do.

I never liked him in his Cleveland days and I dislike him now even more. Before I would never wish injury upon a player, but living down in the city of Miami, the fans make you say things like that. Living down here with the fans of the Heat is not easy. Just because they don't know WTF they are talking about most of the time. Also the fact that their fanbase exploded in 2010.

Just look at the Miami Marlins. When they won a championship in 03, everyone and their mamas was a huge fan. Now? Ha? You don't even hear them anymore.

Purple_n_Gold
04-28-2013, 10:58 PM
Any fans who wish injury on any player are cowards. To wish injury on any player no Matt who it is, is just low class garbage. With that being said I also think it is pathetic to constantly troll and wish ill on a player without it actually being said like that, and then come in here and post on this topic like you are high and mighty. We all know from your constant trolling that if you could say you were glad someone got injured who did without losing your ability to troll on here you would. Give me a break with that. A few of you have made a life for yourselves in here with trolling. Not as pathetic as wishing injury on someone but pathetic nonetheless.

DumDum
04-28-2013, 11:04 PM
popcorn

Purple_n_Gold
04-28-2013, 11:08 PM
I was expecting the trolls to make some sort of comment but not this soon. Funny trolls sometimes they even surprise me!

Chronz
04-28-2013, 11:10 PM
Only if their name is Karl Malone

or J.R. Smith

MrfadeawayJB
04-28-2013, 11:27 PM
No that's not cool

Purple_n_Gold
04-28-2013, 11:29 PM
Sorry. I didn't know one of the trolls in here got some of their privileges taken away. Nice to know the mods know about these pathetic trolls and are trying to put an end to their reason for living.

DumDum
04-28-2013, 11:33 PM
popcorn

PhillyFaninLA
04-29-2013, 05:53 AM
Have not read the posts only the topic name.

Only a sorry pathetic loser would ever wish injury or pain on anyone. The world is significantly worse off for people who cause or wish injury or pain on others.

If you are one of them...well I'd get banned if I finished that statement.

Kamikrazy
04-29-2013, 06:20 AM
I never wish injury on nobody because there ain't no coming back from that

krisxsong
04-29-2013, 06:27 AM
Whether it's okay is a matter of opinion, it's not a fact.

That sad, civilized people will say no.

el hidalgo
04-29-2013, 11:15 AM
Yeah, Kobe got hurt because ONE(or however many) of his fans wished Lebron gets hurt :rolleyes:

at least 2

FYL_McVeezy
04-29-2013, 12:18 PM
No

Next question....

FYL_McVeezy
04-29-2013, 12:22 PM

I never liked him in his Cleveland days and I dislike him now even more. Before I would never wish injury upon a player, but living down in the city of Miami, the fans make you say things like that. Living down here with the fans of the Heat is not easy. Just because they don't know WTF they are talking about most of the time. Also the fact that their fanbase exploded in 2010.

Just look at the Miami Marlins. When they won a championship in 03, everyone and their mamas was a huge fan. Now? Ha? You don't even hear them anymore.

and how exactly does Heat fans actions justify wishing harm upon LBJ? It just a game dude.

I hate Miami fans with a passion (esp the bandwagon fans up here in NY) I can't stand LBJ either, but I wish no harm upon the man.

D-Leethal
04-29-2013, 12:24 PM
I think its theoretically 'wrong' to wish injury on a specific player, but I think its fair game to wish injury on a team in general. I wish injury on the Heat everytime they step on the floor. If that happens to be LeBron, so be it :D

ManRam
04-29-2013, 12:36 PM
it ultimately means nothing, but it's just terrible.

we're talking about sports here...if you're wishing a player (like the lakers fans wishing lebron would lose both his legs), well, actually...you're not worth anyone's time of day.

RiceOnTheRun
04-29-2013, 01:03 PM

LOL. Kobe fans are no better.

"Kobe #1" "Kobe GOAT" "Lebron sucks"

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-29-2013, 01:06 PM
I have never and dont think I will ever but it really does not matter. Just like "wishing" something good happens to someone. Your hopes have no impact on an outcome of something that does not directly involve you.

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-29-2013, 01:13 PM
it ultimately means nothing, but it's just terrible.

we're talking about sports here...if you're wishing a player (like the lakers fans wishing lebron would lose both his legs), well, actually...you're not worth anyone's time of day.

I have seen fans of other teams admit in this thread that they hope for Kobe to be injured everyday. I dont think its fair to single out (Laker fans to wish Lebron would lose both his legs)

Nats_vcu-Okc35
04-29-2013, 01:13 PM
How messed up is your life if you take pleasure in the injury of others who have no real relation to you at all?

xRipCity
04-29-2013, 01:19 PM
No, except to the guy's ankles that guards me :)

IKnowHoops
04-29-2013, 01:39 PM

Only if that player intentionally injured or intentionally tries to injure another player.

el hidalgo
04-29-2013, 01:51 PM
still1ballin pm'ed the mods asking them to remove my sig :laugh: the guy says the crap he says then has the mods remove it from my signature. funny stuff

ModernDaySavage
04-29-2013, 01:56 PM
It really doesn't matter. You can wish injury or death or whatever on someone, it's not going to happen because you wished it.

bucketss
04-29-2013, 02:09 PM
lakers fans disgust me. lol

IKnowHoops
04-29-2013, 02:17 PM

I understand what you are talking about. I'm from MN too. I remember when they first came into being and Pooh richardson and Doug West were the best players on the team. David was my favorite player ever. Still is so I cheered when he would absolutely destroy the T-wolves. The beatings he gave them, were as bad as anyone has ever laid wood on any team in NBA history. He must of averaged 40pts a game against them for the Twolves first 5 years of existence. I understand its nothing personal for the Admiral. Just the pain of him destroying your favorite team every time they play.

ManRam
04-29-2013, 02:21 PM
I have seen fans of other teams admit in this thread that they hope for Kobe to be injured everyday. I dont think its fair to single out (Laker fans to wish Lebron would lose both his legs)

fair. it never is fair, because every fan base has terrible fans.

that was just the most shocking one i've seen perhaps ever since i've been here (in the lakers forum this past week...forget what the thread was). fresh on my mind.

Iggz53
04-29-2013, 02:31 PM
Only James Posey, and only because he deliberately tried to injure others on numerous occasions.

still1ballin
04-29-2013, 02:52 PM
Funny how when Dahntay Jones purposely injured Kobe Bryant, many users laughed and were actually happy about it, but when I said I hope LeBron gets injured then I am the bad guy

Gotta love the NBA forum! :)

PhillyFaninLA
04-29-2013, 03:02 PM
Funny how when Dahntay Jones purposely injured Kobe Bryant, many users laughed and were actually happy about it, but when I said I hope LeBron gets injured then I am the bad guy

Gotta love the NBA forum! :)

You are and so are they.

Also laughing and wishing are different things.

still1ballin
04-29-2013, 03:05 PM
You are and so are they.

Also laughing and wishing are different things.

Not really

BklynKnicks3
04-29-2013, 03:13 PM
I dont wish injury to any player I do wish Lebron went to play in europe for 50 mill a year lol

bucketss
04-29-2013, 03:25 PM
I dont wish injury to any player I do wish Lebron went to play in europe for 50 mill a year lol

than you would start saying melo is the best player in the league :laugh:

OceanSpray
04-29-2013, 03:28 PM
Only player I wish an injury on was Sprewell. He was a total douchebag to everyone. Guess it worked out in the end since he's now a bum.

I Rock Shaqs
04-29-2013, 03:30 PM

I don't know if you don't understand sports or something..... But that was pretty dang stupid.

SportsFanatic10
04-29-2013, 04:05 PM
still1ballin pm'ed the mods asking them to remove my sig :laugh: The guy says the crap he says then has the mods remove it from my signature. Funny stuff

lol!

He115ing
04-29-2013, 04:30 PM
I really dislike some players. Like pretty much the whole Celtics team, but I would never wish an injury on any of them.

MickeyMgl
04-29-2013, 06:16 PM
Never. Ever. Ever.

MickeyMgl
04-29-2013, 06:17 PM
Only player I wish an injury on was Sprewell. He was a total douchebag to everyone. Guess it worked out in the end since he's now a bum.

There are some I feel "less bad" about if they do get injured, but I still never WISH for it in advance.

DumDum
04-29-2013, 07:20 PM
lakers fans disgust me. lol

+1

Gritz
04-29-2013, 08:59 PM
Who cares, voodoo isn't real.

el hidalgo
04-29-2013, 09:33 PM
justice has prevailed and my sig has been returned

SportsFanatic10
04-29-2013, 09:35 PM
justice has prevailed and my sig has been returned

i bet there's a good story behind that lol...

Max.This
04-29-2013, 09:49 PM
I do it all the time . I could really care less what other people think about it. What is funny is, half of the people that say they don't, actually do, so its pretty sad to think some people actually try to lie about how they really feel to make themselves more moral on a forum.

Purple_n_Gold
04-29-2013, 10:21 PM
I do it all the time . I could really care less what other people think about it. What is funny is, half of the people that say they don't, actually do, so its pretty sad to think some people actually try to lie about how they really feel to make themselves more moral on a forum.
At least you admit it I can respect that you are honest at least. Their are multiple troll clowns in here saying they despise it but do it. They are usually easy to spot as well... They know who they are and know they are baiting.

beasted86
04-29-2013, 10:22 PM

Yeah, I totally get where you are coming from.

Listening to those idiotic Laker/Kobe nut-juggling cocksucking idiots makes you want to go skydiving with no parachute.

Hawkeye15
04-29-2013, 10:27 PM

or you can just hate a player without wishing they get hurt....

John Walls Era
04-29-2013, 11:35 PM
Kobetards fall into this category.

Then Poetic justice happened.

DumDum
04-29-2013, 11:44 PM
Yeah, I totally get where you are coming from.

Listening to those idiotic Laker/Kobe nut-juggling cocksucking idiots makes you want to go skydiving with no parachute.

this

Method28
04-30-2013, 05:30 AM
I would never WISH injury on a player...but id be lying if I didnt say the first thing i think about when the player is down is how it affects my team.

Example...When Westy went down....imo...this gives the Clips a legit shot to represent the West in the Finals. Doesn't mean it WILL happen, but seeing him limp off the court made me excited for my teams increase of opportunity to advance.

torocan
04-30-2013, 11:16 AM
I would never wish injury on a specific player, especially a serious injury for what they do ON the court.

That said, there are players that probably deserve injury for stuff they do OFF the court. Players that commit crimes, hit women, or are poor human beings (selfish douches)... they deserve some Karmic retribution and I wouldn't shed a tear if they were on the wrong end of a fight or in jail...

TheIlladelph16
04-30-2013, 11:49 AM
No... It's not okay to do it. I will admit, however, in my weak moments I actively root for someone to tomahawk chop Sidney Crosby in the back of the head. The guy just makes my blood boil. It's wrong and I shouldn't do it, but we are all human I guess haha.

Chitownhero1992
04-30-2013, 01:56 PM
it is definitely alright to wish horrible injuries on a player...as long as it is Lebron James!

Just kidding even though I hate LeBron and many other players in the league either for their on court or off court antics I would never wish Injury on anyone. Now if they injured and are out for awhile that doesn't mean I'm not happy that they aren't playing it just means I hoped they didn't injured but i'm ok with them not playing.

alexander_37
04-30-2013, 02:54 PM
Only Blake Griffin.

Method28
04-30-2013, 05:38 PM
Only Blake Griffin.

Smh...dont hate on The Golden Child

SACNYY
04-30-2013, 05:51 PM
It's fine. I do it all the time.

Tony_Starks
04-30-2013, 07:06 PM
Players, no. Coaches, yes.

RLundi
04-30-2013, 07:17 PM
If anyone cares enough to wish death or injury on someone, they need to get out of their house and find any semblance of a life.

kozelkid
04-30-2013, 08:20 PM
I personal never have but I have seen countless Kobe's fans on PSD wish death on other players teams an the mods do next to nothing about it's Appalling and barbaric

It's funny you say that since you were QUITE happy when Kobe was injured.

smiddy012
04-30-2013, 08:33 PM
I don't necessarily wishinjury on DH, but I sure as hell don't wish him to be healthy ... Whatever that means... Dudes such an embarrassment to mankind at this point. I just want him to the stfu and disappear frankly.

JdKing7
04-30-2013, 08:55 PM
Its only a game. To wish injury on another human being is just wrong and immature. I get just as emotional as any fan but I would never wish for someone to get hurt. You don't even know them personally and they didn't do anything to intentially harm you or your family.

DumDum
05-01-2013, 12:53 AM

I wasn't happy when it happen I wasn't on PSD for like three days after it happen your doing a bad job o tracking my post

DumDum
05-01-2013, 01:03 AM
I only rub it in nickdimez face cause he is blind follower I can't dislike kobe taking 50 shots a game if he not taking any shots right ?

JEbin
05-01-2013, 01:27 AM
No... It's not okay to do it. I will admit, however, in my weak moments I actively root for someone to tomahawk chop Sidney Crosby in the back of the head. The guy just makes my blood boil. It's wrong and I shouldn't do it, but we are all human I guess haha.

Yea, I find myself at times hoping for some random act of player on player violence, but I never hope for a guy to blow out his knee or something. It shouldn't, but it definitely makes me feel better about myself.

sintaks12
05-01-2013, 08:25 AM
Hypocrites. Sure, you don't wish injury on a player. But if you're facing the Heat and Lebron goes down with an injury that sidelines him for the year (or more) you'd be happy as hell. If you say otherwise, you'd be lying.

jayjay33
05-01-2013, 11:25 AM
Sure it is.

2-ONE-5
05-01-2013, 11:44 AM
i wished injury on Jose Reyes and it came true! aside from that I would not wish injury on any other player in any sport

2-ONE-5
05-01-2013, 11:46 AM
Hypocrites. Sure, you don't wish injury on a player. But if you're facing the Heat and Lebron goes down with an injury that sidelines him for the year (or more) you'd be happy as hell. If you say otherwise, you'd be lying.

honestly no. as much as i hate James and the Heat I am a smart enough fan to know that its never good for the league in general when the best players go down

kenzo400
05-01-2013, 01:09 PM
I hate to say this but injuries has certainly made these playoffs a lot more interesting lol Particularly the injury to Westbrook.

TheIlladelph16
05-01-2013, 02:28 PM
Yea, I find myself at times hoping for some random act of player on player violence, but I never hope for a guy to blow out his knee or something. It shouldn't, but it definitely makes me feel better about myself.

At least in hockey, I can actively root for my team's enforcers to kick the **** out of him instead so its not quite as bad haha

GetShrutedOn
05-01-2013, 03:11 PM

Yea I never like to wish injuries among any player. Unless its Lebron.....then I don't give a ****.

sammyvine
05-01-2013, 06:07 PM
Uhhh I've never wished injury on players outside of my own team.

I hate Kobe with a passion. Seeing him succeed makes me sick, seeing him fail brings me joy. Still I never wished an injury upon him.

I have wished injuries upon players on my own team though, and still till this day I wish ill things upon PJ Carlesimo.

Then again once you get over the heat of the moment you realize it's stupid, but I still hate PJ with a passion.

So no I've never, not even in the heat of the moment, wished for injury on any player that wasn't on the NJ/BKN Nets.

why do you feel so strongly about him? What does bryant do to make you ''hate him'' lool?

sammyvine
05-01-2013, 06:08 PM

are you a lebron fan cos i notice a trend...kobe fans hate lebron, vice versa

DumDum
05-01-2013, 08:16 PM
are you a lebron fan cos i notice a trend...kobe fans hate lebron, vice versa

Brilliant deduction welcome to PSD pick a side lol

kozelkid
05-01-2013, 08:25 PM

I wasn't happy when it happen I wasn't on PSD for like three days after it happen your doing a bad job o tracking my post

No, you were. The next day you had sigs rubbing it in to Laker fans the idea that Kobe will never break arbitrary records due to the injury. And I can see that you're already backtracking with your follow up post.

KingPosey
05-01-2013, 08:25 PM
Sure, but you have to back it up with a qualifying statement like "**** Kobe, just get Injured.... Until you wake up tomorrow and you're perfectly healthy and it was just a weird freak occurence."