PDA

View Full Version : Play-off rants!

4milesperday
04-28-2013, 04:21 PM
You can rant here but be respectful please.

D Wade is a shell of himself and how the hell does Melo take 35 shots in one game while Lebron took 39 shots in 3 games?

krisxsong
04-28-2013, 04:23 PM
Comparing shot attempts by two players on two totally different teams is not very smart.

LeBron has Dwade who can scre 24+ on his own. He has Bosh who can score 20+ on his own. He has some of the best shooters in the game spotting up on the wing.

Melo has JR Smith. That's it.

BigBlueCrew
04-28-2013, 04:27 PM
You can rant here but be respectful please.

D Wade is a shell of himself and how the hell does Melo take 35 shots in one game while Lebron took 39 shots in 3 games?

here is a rant....who ****ing care how many shots lebron take in a game let alone a series? :confused: He is paid to be a shooter. Respect that.

BigBlueCrew
04-28-2013, 04:29 PM
Comparing shot attempts by two players on two totally different teams is not very smart.

LeBron has Dwade who can scre 24+ on his own. He has Bosh who can score 20+ on his own. He has some of the best shooters in the game spotting up on the wing.

Melo has JR Smith. That's it.

He didnt even have JR Smith today. Since Stern decided to suspend him today.

KnicksorBust
04-28-2013, 04:32 PM
All I've been getting in the last hour are text messages and posts on facebooks about how much of a ball hog Melo is. Are you people morons? What did you expect him to do today without JR Smith? How much Knicks basketball have you watched this season? Seriously. Kidd and Prigioni are role players who do some things well but they can't create a shot to save their lives. It doesn't matter if you send Tyson Chandler or Kenyon Martin to screen for them. They are NOT getting to the basket and they are NOT laying it in. 1 on 1 iso? Stick your head in a trash can if you think that's an option. It ain't happening. Novak can't do **** unless you kick it to him off a drive and Tyson Chandler treats the low block like there are timed mines down there. He can run to the rim to tip a ball out and then GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE!!! OF COURSE MELO IS GOING TO BALLHOG TODAY! He should. He's by far our best offensive weapon. We caught a miracle today. Felton got hot. Do you honestly think that was going to last? The Celtics (similar to how the heat and bulls piss on our pnr) were not going to let Tyson catch easy lobs so it was all on Felton to drive or pull up. NOT A GOOD OPTION. He got hot and we rode that hand as good as we could. Shumpert should theoretically over time be a threat to slash to the basket but he's not there yet.

Did Melo have a bad game? Yes. Was it nearly as bad as people want to make it seem? NO! He scored 36 points on 35 shots. That's not bad because he attacked the rim and got 20 free throws. So stop crying. JR Smith will be back next game and we'll close it out in 5. Melo is still our franchise player and without him we're a ****ing lottery team.

4milesperday
04-28-2013, 04:39 PM
All I've been getting in the last hour are text messages and posts on facebooks about how much of a ball hog Melo is. Are you people morons? What did you expect him to do today without JR Smith? How much Knicks basketball have you watched this season? Seriously. Kidd and Prigioni are role players who do some things well but they can't create a shot to save their lives. It doesn't matter if you send Tyson Chandler or Kenyon Martin to screen for them. They are NOT getting to the basket and they are NOT laying it in. 1 on 1 iso? Stick your head in a trash can if you think that's an option. It ain't happening. Novak can't do **** unless you kick it to him off a drive and Tyson Chandler treats the low block like there are timed mines down there. He can run to the rim to tip a ball out and then GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE!!! OF COURSE MELO IS GOING TO BALLHOG TODAY! He should. He's by far our best offensive weapon. We caught a miracle today. Felton got hot. Do you honestly think that was going to last? The Celtics (similar to how the heat and bulls piss on our pnr) were not going to let Tyson catch easy lobs so it was all on Felton to drive or pull up. NOT A GOOD OPTION. He got hot and we rode that hand as good as we could. Shumpert should theoretically over time be a threat to slash to the basket but he's not there yet.

Did Melo have a bad game? Yes. Was it nearly as bad as people want to make it seem? NO! He scored 36 points on 35 shots. That's not bad because he attacked the rim and got 20 free throws. So stop crying. JR Smith will be back next game and we'll close it out in 5. Melo is still our franchise player and without him we're a ****ing lottery team.
I agree it gets annoying how people have short term memories after a bad game but you gotta admit though, with the way Felton was playing, Melo should have yielded more shots to Felton

ManRam
04-28-2013, 04:41 PM
1. nice way to subtly (jk, this isn't subtle) find another outlet to bash melo
2. KoB, a usage north of 40% and an AST% south of 6%...

i mean, the narrative is a bit tiresome; he's not a detrimental ball hog. but this series, well, i'm not sure we've ever seen such a high volume of shot-taking and low volume of passing in combination.

my playoff rant, since i think creating a thread just to bash players is dumb: this sucks a lot so far. i miss you, kobe, rose, westy, lee, rondo, granger, gallo, etc. etc. etc.

ChitownBears22
04-28-2013, 04:46 PM
Wade a shell of himself? He has become more efficient. He might not score as many points, instead he is taking higher percentage shots and playing team ball.

Stats lol.

ManRam
04-28-2013, 04:47 PM
Wade a shell of himself? He has become more efficient. He might not score as many points, instead he is taking higher percentage shots and playing team ball.

Stats lol.

earlier in the season the thought that wade was "done" or a "shell of himself" was a common (and stupid) theme. obviously it does indeed look stupid now (rightfully so), but it existed.

ChitownBears22
04-28-2013, 04:52 PM
earlier in the season the thought that wade was "done" or a "shell of himself" was a common (and stupid) theme. obviously it does indeed look stupid now (rightfully so), but it existed.

Yeah. People like to over react and just look at boxscores. Guy is just playing team ball, sorry that offends statheads. He is trying to win a championship, not a scoring title.

RLundi
04-28-2013, 05:02 PM
So many excuses by Knicks fans. It's not so much that Melo took a crapload of shots, but he took some really BAD shots. Your team is short-handed, fine, jack up 35 shots. But make sure as hell that they are at least decent looks. Missed 3's can be excused, but those off-balanced forced shots? No excuse for that.

Great job at the line but an overall terrible game from Melo. Not to turn this into a debate, but the chasm between someone like LeBron and Melo is even more glaring, because Melo seems completely incapable of making his teammates better with passing. His passing has been hell this entire season, not just this game. 2 assists this game and less than 3 this season? Again, no excuse. Royally flame me all you'd like; it's the truth.

Hardaway Here
04-28-2013, 05:02 PM
1. nice way to subtly (jk, this isn't subtle) find another outlet to bash melo
2. KoB, a usage north of 40% and an AST% south of 6%...

i mean, the narrative is a bit tiresome; he's not a detrimental ball hog. but this series, well, i'm not sure we've ever seen such a high volume of shot-taking and low volume of passing in combination.

my playoff rant, since i think creating a thread just to bash players is dumb: this sucks a lot so far. i miss you, kobe, rose, westy, lee, rondo, granger, gallo, etc. etc. etc.

I agree too many damn injuries. I mean were used to seeing injuries regardless but to so many key players at once is just astounding.

Hardaway Here
04-28-2013, 05:05 PM

Stats lol.

I've been a Wade fan since he came into the league and hearing that all year long just annoyed me so much. It's like he is playing alongside the greatest player in the league today. Of course he is going to pale in comparison but he is still a top 10 player and can go off at any time.

DumDum
04-28-2013, 05:06 PM
D wade will be ok the heat don't need him in the first round. Melo needed to take shots with J.r out . A real rant I'm I the only one who thinks "lil Nathan" going to come back to earth and have a crazy let down next round ?

javsvt
04-28-2013, 05:13 PM
Trolls are getting crafty on how they troll on the Knicks.

4milesperday
04-28-2013, 05:16 PM

But do we all at-least agree that Wade has lost 5 steps? People are getting all hyped up just because I mentioned Melo's stat for a game. WOW

BigBlueCrew
04-28-2013, 05:21 PM
But do we all at-least agree that Wade has lost 5 steps? People are getting all hyped up just because I mentioned Melo's stat for a game. WOW

no, its just an excuse that you and justina propagate in case Heat happen to lose and what exactly is the point if Melo take 35 shots+. What is it to you?

KniCks4LiFe
04-28-2013, 05:23 PM

you've been to the game thread I see. I agree.

BigBlueCrew
04-28-2013, 05:25 PM

these guys post and run like *****es

king4day
04-28-2013, 05:43 PM
Closing this thread. These types of 'rants' are unnecessary