PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose could possibly return against Miami ?

Stunner
04-28-2013, 04:20 PM
http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-75684525/

ManRam
04-28-2013, 04:22 PM
stopped reading after "reggie rose"

actually, i stopped reading after they made me sign up.

anything of actual substance there...like, him or the club saying something?

Stunner
04-28-2013, 04:27 PM
It's actually Reggie stating Rose physically and mentality is at a good 90% . As expected Reggie and BJ are the main reason why Rose isn't playing to begin with like many fans speculated .

Stunner
04-28-2013, 04:29 PM
Derrick Rose is at a "good 90 percent" and could return vs. the Heat in the second round, according to his brother Reggie Rose.

"He has been working hard and getting a lot of shots up every day," Reggie said about Derrick. "Most of all, he is getting his mind ready, getting comfortable with his body. I think [his mind] is probably at a good 90 percent now." It's basically been the same story on Rose for three months with different quotes coming from a handful of people. The Bulls didn't need Rose on Saturday with Nate Robinson going off, but this won't be the last we've heard about this story.

Via Roto

Stunner
04-28-2013, 04:30 PM
When asked if it needs to be 100 percent to return, Rose replied: "His 100 percent might not be your 100 percent. It's hard. But the Bulls organization has basically told him: We support you. When you are ready, we will welcome you with open arms."

Like coach Tom Thibodeau, Rose has not ruled out his brother returning for a potential series with the Heat.

"I think anything is possible," he said.

In comments made to ESPN.com in February, Rose was critical of Bulls' management, saying: "It's frustrating to see my brother play his heart and soul out for the team and them not put anything around him."

But Rose is now, well, bullish on the team.

"No matter what, if (Derrick) is playing or not, I still think it would be a competitive series (with the Heat) because of the way the Bulls defend," he said.

Rose said that when his brother does come back, "the game will come to him a little easier. It will be slower. You can learn from watching the game. And he's learning from Coach Thibs, so he can see what Coach Thibs needs on certain plays."

Lucas wishes people would stop pressuring Rose to return and said that when he does, "he will come back bigger, faster, stronger, more explosive and more athletic. People don't understand how hungry he will be."

Also from the article

corytwotimes
04-28-2013, 04:32 PM
i cant stand how rose doesnt speak for himself....why does this douchebag brother of his have to be the ones to tell us this?

ChitownBears22
04-28-2013, 04:33 PM
He won't return. Wait until then 13/14 season. There is no point of a return at this point.

HeatDynasty1213
04-28-2013, 04:34 PM
Derrick Rose is a joke, no competitive fire. Been cleared forever and still isn't playing. You think LeBron or Kobe would be sitting out still? What a coward.

ChitownBears22
04-28-2013, 04:35 PM
i cant stand how rose doesnt speak for himself....why does this douchebag brother of his have to be the ones to tell us this?

Because like most NBA players he has handlers. DR doesn't make decisions for himself. LBJ used to have people like that surround him, but he cut ties a couple years ago. Since then his PR has improved and you don't have confiscated Nike tapes happen.

4milesperday
04-28-2013, 04:36 PM
i'll rather face a rusted Rose than Nate the GREAT

ChitownBears22
04-28-2013, 04:37 PM
Derrick Rose is a joke, no competitive fire. Been cleared forever and still isn't playing. You think LeBron or Kobe would be sitting out still? What a coward.

I used to think this way. I think it isn't his fault. Pretty sure other people are making decisions for him. He needs to stop being "protected" by his family and make his own choices.

ManRam
04-28-2013, 04:38 PM

i'm still not willing to bash the guy yet, but i agree with this. i'd be much more at ease with it all if he himself would just say something. i feel like he almost owes a 3 minute interview/presser at this point. tell us, in his own words, what's going on. i don't think that's too much to ask for.

OceanSpray
04-28-2013, 04:42 PM
At this point, I'd rather have Nate playing than Rose.

ChitownBears22
04-28-2013, 04:43 PM
i'm still not willing to bash the guy yet, but i agree with this. i'd be much more at ease with it all if he himself would just say something. i feel like he almost owes a 3 minute interview/presser at this point. tell us, in his own words, what's going on. i don't think that's too much to ask for.

He doesn't have his own words. The guy isn't very smart. He has his handlers handle his PR. Listen to his post game interviews from past seasons. He says the same crap win or lose. Team game, could have done some stuff better, aiming to win a championship.

KingofSwing11
04-28-2013, 04:45 PM
Derrick Rose is not playing because the Bulls front office wanted to get his insurance money this year. This was the first year in a while that the bulls were over the cap and I believe they got 6-7 million back from his 2013 salary because he sat out the year. This is also why they never announced he was out for the season. If they dont make the announcement, ticket prices stay high and the united center stays packed with people wondering if this could be the day Rose returns. Its all Business in my opinion.

ManRam
04-28-2013, 04:45 PM
He doesn't have his own words. The guy isn't very smart. He has his handlers handle his PR. Listen to his post game interviews from past seasons. He says the same crap win or lose. Team game, could have done some stuff better, aiming to win a championship.

i was going to say that myself, hahaha. but i didn't want that (and the perception that i hate derrick rose) to overshadow my point.

hell, i'd be fine with him having someone write something down for him and him read it out loud in front of the media. assuming he can read...

;)

ChitownBears22
04-28-2013, 04:48 PM
i was going to say that myself, hahaha. but i didn't want that (and the perception that i hate derrick rose) to overshadow my point.

hell, i'd be fine with him having someone write something down for him and him read it out loud in front of the media. assuming he can read...

;)

Exactly. He is an athlete, I don't expect him to be smart. I do however expect him to be a man and speak for himself.

ChitownBears22
04-28-2013, 04:49 PM
Derrick Rose is not playing because the Bulls front office wanted to get his insurance money this year. This was the first year in a while that the bulls were over the cap and I believe they got 6-7 million back from his 2013 salary because he sat out the year. This is also why they never announced he was out for the season. If they dont make the announcement, ticket prices stay high and the united center stays packed with people wondering if this could be the day Rose returns. Its all Business in my opinion.

Source

KingofSwing11
04-28-2013, 04:52 PM
Source

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2013/04/23/insurance-policy-gives-chicago-bulls-a-break-with-derrick-rose-saga/

That is the source about the insurance. The rest is just pure speculation and understanding the cheapness of the Bulls' owners.

ChitownBears22
04-28-2013, 04:56 PM
http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2013/04/23/insurance-policy-gives-chicago-bulls-a-break-with-derrick-rose-saga/

That is the source about the insurance. The rest is just pure speculation and understanding the cheapness of the Bulls' owners.

Winning a championship will bring in more revenue than 6-7 mill. I don't buy that conspiracy theory, but I understand how one could come to that conclusion. I will follow the money and realize there is more to be made with him in than without.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
04-28-2013, 04:57 PM
First, Im pretty sure the insurance the Bulls got from Rose not playing has already been determined and will not change now. Second, I strongly dislike when people say he should not play because their is no point of him playing. If the Bulls win one more game, they get to the final 8. The team that they would play in the next round(Miami) is arguably the toughest team left in the playoffs. The mentality should be that if we can beat Miami, we can beat anybody. A championship is always the ultimate goal and if he is ready to play, then their definitely is a good reason to come back. Again, only if he is ready to play, but without him the Bulls are not getting past Miami. With him, even though people talk about chemistry issues and such, we have a much better chance with him than without him

WickedBadMan
04-28-2013, 04:58 PM
Hahaha, anything to keep his brother's name in the press after a big win - what a pathetic attention grab.

ChiSox219
04-28-2013, 05:00 PM

This is such a horrible comment, just as pathetic as the ballboy threatening Beverley.

ChitownBears22
04-28-2013, 05:01 PM
First, Im pretty sure the insurance the Bulls got from Rose not playing has already been determined and will not change now. Second, I strongly dislike when people say he should not play because their is no point of him playing. If the Bulls win one more game, they get to the final 8. The team that they would play in the next round(Miami) is arguably the toughest team left in the playoffs. The mentality should be that if we can beat Miami, we can beat anybody. A championship is always the ultimate goal and if he is ready to play, then their definitely is a good reason to come back. Again, only if he is ready to play, but without him the Bulls are not getting past Miami. With him, even though people talk about chemistry issues and such, we have a much better chance with him than without him

Nate is playing at a greater level than what Rose is capable at this moment. That is why a return makes no sense at this point. They beat Miami a month ago without Rose, it makes sense to go into the series with a chemistry that is working. If DR could have gotten 5-10 games at the end of the season and then rolled into the playoffs it would make sense, but not now.

ChiSox219
04-28-2013, 05:02 PM

41 games the insurance kicked in so your theory is already weak but also the Bulls sell their tickets almost no matter what just go back through their attendance history.

sportsfan222
04-28-2013, 05:05 PM

of course u would, because u r a heat fan.

if derrick rose did come back, the bulls would be an extremely tough out. if rose remains out, as well as robinson played yesterday and as great of a spark he is to the team, im not sure he can play 40-45 minutes consistently.

the heat would eat robinson alive.

DumDum
04-28-2013, 05:13 PM
That's what miami needs a chubby and slow rose to pick pocket for the whole series

MyDRoseLikeDeng
04-28-2013, 05:16 PM
Nate has been playing at a greater level lol..it was one game for crying out loud! Any true Bulls fan will tell you that if Rose's healthy, we have a much, much better chance with him playing rather than with Nate. And we beat Miami a month ago in a regular season game, this is the playoffs

ChitownBears22
04-28-2013, 05:20 PM
Nate has been playing at a greater level lol..it was one game for crying out loud! Any true Bulls fan will tell you that if Rose's healthy, we have a much, much better chance with him playing rather than with Nate. And we beat Miami a month ago in a regular season game, this is the playoffs

Yeah, like you said "this is the playoffs". Where chemistry matters.

naps
04-28-2013, 06:00 PM
Rose is not who I thought he was. I really don't have any problem with him not playing even though I can't think of another superstar not playing at this point after being cleared to play for so long (Can you imagine someone like LeBron or Kobe pulling the same crap and the reaction from the media and people?). I, however, take issue with how Rose is being quiet and hanging so many loyal Bulls fans on the line. He needs to speak the **** up and stop being a weak ****!

bucketss
04-28-2013, 06:05 PM
rose: coach i think im ready to play now
thibs: good, we're going to need you against the heat
rose: heat!?!? oh my knee....

JordansBulls
04-28-2013, 06:29 PM

Well it works both ways because I would rather have both Rose and Nate in the game in the 4th.

NYSpirit1
04-28-2013, 06:29 PM
He won't return. Wait until then 13/14 season. There is no point of a return at this point.

No point? They could tear Miami to shreds with Rose.

ChitownBears22
04-28-2013, 06:31 PM

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha...........hahahahahah..hahaha.. ....oh you're serious..........(depression sets in due to the complete stupidity on this site)

Raps08-09 Champ
04-28-2013, 06:31 PM
Doubt it.

They'll be underdogs whether or not he returns and will most likely lose. There's a more face saving way out of it if Rose didn't play so we can hear the "Miami beat the Bulls without Rose" excuses.

Iron24th
04-28-2013, 06:35 PM
Come back rusty vs miami would be a bad idea.

bucketss
04-28-2013, 06:36 PM

let me guess, they wouldn't be able to do that against the knicks though right?

naps
04-28-2013, 06:37 PM

They almost got swept to a lot worse Heat team that was still learning how to play as a team and that had no one to contribute from the bench while Rose was playing best basketball of his life. Nice try.

ChitownBears22
04-28-2013, 06:37 PM
let me guess, they wouldn't be able to do that against the knicks though right?

Nix be unstoppable yo. It's not like MIA went 4-1 last year on them. Not like MIA got better this season. That series will be a sweep if they get past Indy

justinnum1
04-28-2013, 06:38 PM
I hope so. Bulls are worse vs. miami with rose.

ChitownBears22
04-28-2013, 06:41 PM

4-1 exit against a HEAT team with a garbage bench. The Bulls will be swept in round 2

justinnum1
04-28-2013, 06:45 PM
4-1 exit against a HEAT team with a garbage bench. The Bulls will be swept in round 2

No way. Nate will win one game by himself. Bulls would be miami's biggest test in the east.

BigBlueCrew
04-28-2013, 06:46 PM
There is no point for Rose to come back at this time. Just dumb pride.

ChitownBears22
04-28-2013, 06:47 PM
There is no point for Rose to come back at this time. Just dumb pride.

If he had any pride he would speak for himself and let his team know if he is coming back.

BigBlueCrew
04-28-2013, 06:47 PM
No way. Nate will win one game by himself. Bulls would be miami's biggest test in the east.

How come your still making calls. Your calls have been nothing short of ridiculous.

BigBlueCrew
04-28-2013, 06:52 PM
If he had any pride he would speak for himself and let his team know if he is coming back.

Thats your opinion. He's been doing it the entire year and his teammates are fine with it. :shrug:

ChitownBears22
04-28-2013, 06:55 PM
Thats your opinion. He's been doing it the entire year and his teammates are fine with it. :shrug:

It is. Im fine with him sitting, just stop saying you might come back when it is obvious he won't.

Ebbs
04-28-2013, 07:01 PM

I kind of agree.

justinnum1
04-28-2013, 07:03 PM
How come your still making calls. Your calls have been nothing short of ridiculous.

Just waiting for the finals to start really, seeing who miami faces now that westbrook went down. Bulls-heat will be a tough matchup. No one in the east outside a fully healthy boston squad can give miami as much trouble.

BigBlueCrew
04-28-2013, 07:03 PM
Just waiting for the finals to start really, seeing who miami faces now that westbrook went down. Bulls-heat will be a tough matchup. No one in the east outside a fully healthy boston squad can give miami as much trouble.

:laugh:

you can name everyone but the Knicks, fine by me

CubsBullsBucs
04-28-2013, 07:05 PM

not getting whats so funny...

but i like to laugh too so

BigBlueCrew
04-28-2013, 07:07 PM
not getting whats so funny...

but i like to laugh too so

you do realize your gonna play miami next right?

ChitownBears22
04-28-2013, 07:08 PM

you can name everyone but the Knicks, fine by me

Do you honestly feel like the Knicks can win against the HEAT in a 7 game series? I saw what happened last year, I saw the improvements to this team since sending Joel to the bench and getting Anderson. I don't see how the series goes more than 5 games. The Garden is LBJ's home away from home.

BigBlueCrew
04-28-2013, 07:09 PM
Do you honestly feel like the Knicks can win against the HEAT in a 7 game series? I saw what happened last year, I saw the improvements to this team since sending Joel to the bench and getting Anderson. I don't see how the series goes more than 5 games. The Garden is LBJ's home away from home.

oh the Birdman is the big diff??? oh my my fault :rolleyes:

are you Kevin harlan?

KnicksorBust
04-28-2013, 07:10 PM

x2

x2 again. I've always had a low opinion of him but was slowly starting to at least respect him. He puts in the work, says the right things, stays out of trouble. I may hate his team but he seemed like he played the game the right way. However, nothing about the way Rose is handling this sits right with me.

With the way Noah is killing himself out there, I doubt his teammates are completely fine with it. They would never come out and say anything but you can't help but have those thoughts.

KnicksorBust
04-28-2013, 07:11 PM

Off-topic and baiting. :)

KnicksorBust
04-28-2013, 07:11 PM

are you Kevin harlan?

Kevin Harlan? That's your big comeback?

northsider
04-28-2013, 07:13 PM
Wow some of you are full blown morons. I mean that in the nicest way possible.

Hilarious how many people are Derrick Rose in here.

BigBlueCrew
Kevin Harlan? That's your big comeback?

Ok I'll leave to you then....

JordansBulls

Bulls need to finish off Brooklyn first.

ChitownBears22
04-28-2013, 07:14 PM

are you Kevin harlan?

42-3 since his arrival. Just saying having an athletic C has improved our D and offense a lot. 1-1 against the Knicks since he joined. Lost when LBJ and Wade sat, and only lost by 12 at that.

ChitownBears22
04-28-2013, 07:15 PM
Off-topic and baiting. :)

Actually I was on topic in an off topic discussion a Knicks fan started. And not baiting, it was a question based off his stupid remark.

justinnum1
04-28-2013, 07:16 PM
42-3 since his arrival. Just saying having an athletic C has improved our D and offense a lot. 1-1 against the Knicks since he joined. Lost when LBJ and Wade sat, and only lost by 12 at that.

Not worth your time bro. They think regular season is an indicator of what will happen in the playoffs lol

ChitownBears22
04-28-2013, 07:16 PM
Wow some of you are full blown morons. I mean that in the nicest way possible.

Hilarious how many people are Derrick Rose in here.

Are you Derrick Rose? No? So your assumptions could be just as wrong.....hmmmmmmm. derp derp

ChitownBears22
04-28-2013, 07:17 PM
Not worth your time bro. They think regular season is an indicator of what will happen in the playoffs lol

Like Bulls fans two years ago. Lol 4-1 series.

justinnum1
04-28-2013, 07:18 PM
Like Bulls fans two years ago. Lol 4-1 series.

Bulls will be a tough series. Thibs is miami's biggest threat in the east lol

Knick_Fever
04-28-2013, 07:24 PM

Why dont you tell that to his face? ****** clown.

BigBlueCrew
04-28-2013, 07:25 PM

activated or not activated, derrick rose will knock him out :laugh:

ChitownBears22
04-28-2013, 07:28 PM

The irony in this post. Why don't you call him a ****** clown to his face instead of behind a computer tough guy. lol

bucketss
04-28-2013, 07:29 PM
activated or not activated, derrick rose will knock him out :laugh:

no he wouldn't - maybe he would send one of his body guards lmfao.

Knick_Fever
04-28-2013, 07:30 PM
Bulls will be a tough series. Thibs is miami's biggest threat in the east lol

Bulls and Knicks are Miami's threat. You cant put anything past a team that has players that were involved in beating the Heat in '11. But of course I dont expect you to remember that.

ChitownBears22

First he would wait to hear from god if it is ok.

Knick_Fever
Dont know if Rose would be effective coming back at this point. I dont know how much better he could actually make the team. Take your chances w/nate.

ChitownBears22
04-28-2013, 07:31 PM
Bulls and Knicks are Miami's threat. You cant put anything past a team that has players that were involved in beating the Heat in '11. But of course I dont expect you to remember that.

Indy will beat NY in 6. I am not even worried about them.

northsider
04-28-2013, 07:31 PM
Are you Derrick Rose? No? So your assumptions could be just as wrong.....hmmmmmmm. derp derp

At least you admit they're assumptions. That's a great step.

BigBlueCrew
04-28-2013, 07:32 PM

The irony in this post. Why don't you call him a ****** clown to his face instead of behind a computer tough guy. lol

Why are you two getting so mad about it. It not even YOUR TEAM! :shrug: Are you looking for something to get aggravated about in this playoffs?

northsider
04-28-2013, 07:32 PM
Yes let us all crack jokes about a player recovering from an injury. Bigger men we are.

ChitownBears22
04-28-2013, 07:33 PM
At least you admit they're assumptions. That's a great step.

Of course it is speculation. It wouldn't have to be if his handlers released him and allowed him to speak for himself.

BigBlueCrew
Indy will beat NY in 6. I am not even worried about them.

I can quote on this?

northsider
Why are you two getting so mad about it. It not even YOUR TEAM! :shrug: Are you looking for something to get aggravated about in this playoffs?

It's what they do.

Oh joy a chance to bash Derrick Rose or the Bulls YIPPIE!!!!! Quite the life.

BigBlueCrew
04-28-2013, 07:34 PM
Yes let us all crack jokes about a player recovering from an injury. Bigger men we are.

exactly

ChitownBears22
04-28-2013, 07:35 PM

It is amusing how dumb his statements are. He/she likes to be tough on the internet, but ridicules people for acting tough on the internet.

ChitownBears22
04-28-2013, 07:36 PM
I can quote on this?

Yes.

ChitownBears22
04-28-2013, 07:39 PM
It's what they do.

Oh joy a chance to bash Derrick Rose or the Bulls YIPPIE!!!!! Quite the life.

Show me where I bashed Rose in this thread. Maybe the handler thing, but I stated that LBJ had them too. He has removed them since though. Iverson never dropped his and look where he is. At some point of time he needs to address this and stop having other people make his decisions.

Slug3
04-28-2013, 07:51 PM
I mean really if he does come back he has nothing to lose. They win and its cause of Rose, they lose its cause he's rusty.

JordansBulls
04-28-2013, 07:53 PM
I mean really if he does come back he has nothing to lose. They win and its cause of Rose, they lose its cause he's rusty.

If we lose it is because Miami is simply better. They had a 6 game better record than anyone else in the league this year.

ChitownBears22
04-28-2013, 07:55 PM
If we lose it is because Miami is simply better. They had a 6 game better record than anyone else in the league this year.

Then is it Rose's fault the Bulls lost to Miami in '11? Missed big FT's and they Bulls dominated the East.

Hardaway Here
04-28-2013, 07:55 PM
Well a Bulls fan seems to think they will shred Miami with Rose. So I guess that means if they lose without Rose the common excuse will be "Miami only beat the Bulls because Rose was out." As for the Knicks no offense against them but I see Indy as the biggest threat and have been saying that all year. I really don't see the Knicks series going past 5 games if they play Miami.

Slug3
04-28-2013, 07:56 PM

I didn't mean it like that. I still believe even with Rose Miami would win. I just mean if he came back he would have an excuse of they lost.

northsider
04-28-2013, 07:57 PM
Then is it Rose's fault the Bulls lost to Miami in '11? Missed big FT's and they Bulls dominated the East.

Just wondering but, is this going to always be brought up as if this outcome always = next outcome??? At what point do we even just stop playing basketball and just hand out trophies and awards each year cause, well what happened then is sure to happen again?