PDA

View Full Version : Dwight to Free Agency

ABOMB_56
04-28-2013, 12:30 PM
According to an ESPN LA writer, sources say that Dwight is going to test free agency in July

http://www.beyondthebuzzer.com/2013/04/28/report-dwight-howard-to-explore-his-options-in-free-agency/
http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/36579/is-this-the-last-of-dwight-howard-as-a-laker

Thoughts?

waveycrockett
04-28-2013, 12:33 PM
The Lakers are going to sign him to a $100 Million deal. Huge Mistake.

FOBolous
04-28-2013, 12:35 PM
i don't think even Dwight Howard knows what he's going to be doing. all this speculation is dumb.

lol, please
04-28-2013, 12:35 PM
He will be a Warrior. The West is ours.

R. Johnson#3
04-28-2013, 12:43 PM
He'll be happy when everyone is paying attention to only him in the off-season. Once he knows that everyone is talking about him then he'll start to think of a place to sign.

Lakeshow24KB
04-28-2013, 12:54 PM
He'll stay with the Lakers imo

GiantsSwaGG
04-28-2013, 12:56 PM
He didn't see this coming

lol, please
04-28-2013, 12:57 PM
He'll stay with the Lakers imo

If by staying with the Lakers you mean go to the Warriors and win a 'ship, then I agree.

beliges
04-28-2013, 01:00 PM
Dwight is extremely overrated.

Lakeshow24KB
04-28-2013, 01:10 PM
If by staying with the Lakers you mean go to the Warriors and win a 'ship, then I agree.

If by go to the Warriors and win a 'ship you mean staying with the Lakers, then I agree. ;)

Chronz
04-28-2013, 01:19 PM
Blake for Dwight????

NYKalltheway
04-28-2013, 01:33 PM
I was thinking Atlanta could be a destination for him. Home state, formidable duo with Al Horford and still enough cap space to sign Chris Paul if he opts for FA, or enough cap space to build a team from a list of good FAs available.

But Atlanta doesn't seem to be working right, so probably not gonna happen!

waveycrockett
04-28-2013, 01:37 PM
I was thinking Atlanta could be a destination for him. Home state, formidable duo with Al Horford and still enough cap space to sign Chris Paul if he opts for FA, or enough cap space to build a team from a list of good FAs available.

But Atlanta doesn't seem to be working right, so probably not gonna happen!

Dwight doesn't want to be in Atlanta or he would of been in Atlanta. Dwight needs to play next to a guy like Dirk or Ryan Anderson not Horford or Gasol.

c.c.
04-28-2013, 02:15 PM
He's definitely staying in LA

macc
04-28-2013, 02:26 PM
He'll be in LA, if not them then I could see him going to Dallas. If not Dallas then Houston. I don't see him going anywhere else.

c.c.
04-28-2013, 02:43 PM
He'll be in LA, if not them then I could see him going to Dallas. If not Dallas then Houston. I don't see him going anywhere else.

Why you think Dwight will choose Dallas over Houston?

waveycrockett
04-28-2013, 02:57 PM

Cuban. I've also read that Morey has a terrible rep among players.

bholly
04-28-2013, 06:49 PM
Dwight doesn't want to be in Atlanta or he would of been in Atlanta. Dwight needs to play next to a guy like Dirk or Ryan Anderson not Horford or Gasol.

This just isn't true at all. Why would he have been there? And what precludes him from going to LAL, deciding he wasn't happy, and then/now deciding he wants to go to Atlanta?

Also, if you're basing your guess at Dwight's opinion on Dwight's past opinion then you're liable to end up surprised. If you're basing your guess at Dwight's opinion on your guess of Dwight's past opinion then you're just guessing.

JordansBulls
04-28-2013, 06:54 PM
Blake for Dwight????

Would you really do that now?

Ebbs
04-28-2013, 07:02 PM
Him and Drose should go play in Turkey or some **** and save us all the ****** headlines, and terrible adidas kicks.

More-Than-Most
04-28-2013, 07:10 PM
To Philly :pray:

I would sell my soul to the devil...For the love of God give us Dwight

Jarvo
04-28-2013, 07:11 PM
I wouldn't want this *** on my team at all.

KnicksorBust
04-28-2013, 07:13 PM
Houston is the perfect place for him. Parsons + Asik for Dwight. Makes perfect sense for both teams. Get it done.

lol, please
04-28-2013, 07:15 PM
Would you really do that now?

If I had Blake would I trade him for Dwight? Heck yea. We have Lee anyway. Lee > Blake.

xxplayerxx23
04-28-2013, 08:03 PM
Blake for Dwight????

Jordan for Dwight :)

smith&wesson
04-28-2013, 08:17 PM

if not houston gs, if not gs clevland, if not cleavland toronto, if not toronto maybe orlando :shrug:

smith&wesson
04-28-2013, 08:29 PM
If howard can accept the fact that he would be like the 5th option on the floor scoring wise, i think he would be an amazing fit in Golden State.

just give the ball to curry, jack, thompson, lee and let them score.. howard will vacume all their misses. it would really make the warriors a scary team imo.

Chronz
04-28-2013, 08:33 PM
Lets not kid ourselves, its either LA or Texas

RipCity32
04-28-2013, 08:44 PM
He's gone in my opinion.He doesn't look like he can handle LA.

4milesperday
04-28-2013, 08:51 PM
Come to Miami Dwight, we'll give the Lakers Chris Bosh, Joel Anthony, a 1st round pick and 2 year free burgers at burger kings and Mc Donalds

justinnum1
04-28-2013, 08:52 PM
Does it matter? Dwight can care less about winning, he wants money and to be the focus of a team.

macc
04-28-2013, 09:00 PM

Well I don't know for sure but Dallas will have alot of cap next year and the year after. A guy like Dirk would be perfect along side of Dwight. Plus Cuban is extremely aggressive and is supposed to be a great owner to work for. I think it's a coin toss between those two teams though.

Tmath
04-28-2013, 09:02 PM
Do Lakers fans even want him back?

ThunderousDemon
04-28-2013, 09:05 PM
Do Lakers fans even want him back?

I know I don't.

After today, I could care less if he signs or not.

The Lakers will bounce back with or without him.

shep33
04-28-2013, 09:07 PM
Agree ^ I'm pretty confident we'll be back either way. May take a year or two, but we'll be fine going forward with or without him.

RLundi
04-28-2013, 09:20 PM
I can see Dwight going to Houston and doing well with Harden. Hopefully they don't have to give up Parsons though.

OceanSpray
04-28-2013, 09:23 PM
I really want Dwight to give Kobe one more chance. They need to get rid of Nash and sign some shooters. Dwight kicks it out but LAL can't shoot threes at all.
•Coaching change
•Get some shooters
•Trade Nash

Kobe can't play those minutes again. They really need to look to the future and Kobe needs to realize this and accept a new responsibility. For those blaming Howard, you guys are just following the media nonsense. He's putting up huge numbers and asides from him and Gasol, this LAL team has no one.

shep33
04-28-2013, 09:28 PM
I can see Dwight going to Houston and doing well with Harden. Hopefully they don't have to give up Parsons though.

Who knows with D12. If he goes there, he better realize that he's option #2 for the next 5 years and not complain. Really more than anything Houston needs his defense and rebounding, their offense is already one of the best in the NBA.

Honestly, have no problem with him leaving, but for the sake of other teams lol, I hope he realizes that he can never win as a number 1 option.

RLundi
04-28-2013, 09:33 PM
No, Dwight better not expect to be a number one anymore, he's ill-suited for it. This postseason was his chance to prove himself but he just embarrassed himself further.

For those sticking up for Dwight, I surmise you didn't watch any of his games this year. He was very underwhelming. Idk if it's injury, confidence or a complete shrinking under LA's bright lights, but Dwight is definitely a different player from his Orlando days.

soonabooma
04-28-2013, 10:56 PM
Chris Paul wouldn't play in Atlanta in a million years. He already played in New Orleans. Why would he want to play in another dump?

Vinny642
04-28-2013, 11:00 PM
IM saying ATL

SouthSideRookie
04-28-2013, 11:01 PM
Chris Paul wouldn't play in Atlanta in a million years. He already played in New Orleans. Why would he want to play in another dump?

says the tough little kid from Oklahoma City :laugh2:

soonabooma
04-28-2013, 11:12 PM
says the tough little kid from Oklahoma City :laugh2:

Seriously, it's like New Orleans with just a little less smell. He'll play here again with Durant before he'd end up in ATL.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-28-2013, 11:20 PM
I really want Dwight to give Kobe one more chance. They need to get rid of Nash and sign some shooters. Dwight kicks it out but LAL can't shoot threes at all.
•Coaching change
•Get some shooters
•Trade Nash

Kobe can't play those minutes again. They really need to look to the future and Kobe needs to realize this and accept a new responsibility. For those blaming Howard, you guys are just following the media nonsense. He's putting up huge numbers and asides from him and Gasol, this LAL team has no one.

I used to hate you , but you have turned out to be a pretty solid poster.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-28-2013, 11:20 PM
No, Dwight better not expect to be a number one anymore, he's ill-suited for it. This postseason was his chance to prove himself but he just embarrassed himself further.

For those sticking up for Dwight, I surmise you didn't watch any of his games this year. He was very underwhelming. Idk if it's injury, confidence or a complete shrinking under LA's bright lights, but Dwight is definitely a different player from his Orlando days.Great post.

NBA_Starter
04-28-2013, 11:21 PM
Smart move to evaluate all options no matter what he does.

Cal827
04-28-2013, 11:24 PM
He'll sign with 4 teams simultaneously and set the NBA record for games played in a season.

bucketss
04-28-2013, 11:40 PM
hopefully he leaves that train wreck.

GThawks
04-28-2013, 11:55 PM

Yeah that's why he wanted to be drafted by ATL.

naps
04-29-2013, 12:11 AM
Come to Miami Dwight, we'll give the Lakers Chris Bosh, Joel Anthony, a 1st round pick and 2 year free burgers at burger kings and Mc Donalds

NO. Thanks. We don't need this whinny immature ****! Bosh is pretty perfect for us.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-29-2013, 12:20 AM
NO. Thanks. We don't need this whinny immature ****! Bosh is pretty perfect for us.
You're right Bosh is only whinny and a *****, not immature.

naps
04-29-2013, 12:23 AM
You're right Bosh is only whinny and a *****, not immature.

No he's not. You are mistaking Bosh with Kobe. You are just mad because your team just got swept. Take a break from PSD till next season.

DaLakerz Rulz
04-29-2013, 12:28 AM
No he's not. You are mistaking Bosh with Kobe. You are just mad because your team just got swept. Take a break from PSD for till next season.

Kobe isn't whinny. He is free as seagull. Maybe if Bosh wasn't a giant ostrich he would know what it feels like to fly freely.

naps
04-29-2013, 12:32 AM
Kobe isn't whinny. He is free as seagull. Maybe if Bosh wasn't a giant ostrich he would know what it feels like to fly freely.

Haha...This made me laugh man.

5ass
04-29-2013, 12:35 AM
If hes really all about winning titles he goes to houston. If morey really wants dwight he would convince him and josh smith to come to houston. They have 28 mill in capspace. They can probably get an injured players exception for white and trade terrence jones for a pick. Thats an extra 3 or so million. Hpward and smith should be able to split the 31 mill to 18-13 which is i think the max for howard and a good deal for smith. Convince them of how they can dominate the chinese market with lin and make a ton of money.
Lin/beverley
Harden
Parsons
Smith/robinson
Howard

But i think howard stays in LA bcz he doesnt want to look like a coward again.

ThunderousDemon
04-29-2013, 12:39 AM
Dwight for Bosh.

Do it Mitch!

I live Velociraptor is priceless.

The Lakers would be set financially for a while.

They could go over the cap with no fear of the taxes they would have to pay.

Max contracts for everyone. :hi5:

broncosfan4eva
04-29-2013, 12:47 AM
•Coaching change
•Get some shooters
•Trade Nash

i agree with this post...trade nash and gasol for athletic players who can shoot a ****ing three and defend atleast a little bit...no more 1 side of the court players. (nash)

HeaTxRipZz
04-29-2013, 12:56 AM
There's no doubt that he will be in orlando next season guys

mightybosstone
04-29-2013, 08:45 AM
Houston is the perfect place for him. Parsons + Asik for Dwight. Makes perfect sense for both teams. Get it done.

No way in hell does Houston make that deal. Also, isn't there some sort of restriction on sign and trades involving players?

He115ing
04-29-2013, 08:58 AM
I think he will still try for Brooklyn and I don't think he would want to stay a Laker.

Dade County
04-29-2013, 09:25 AM
I see Howard going to a loaded team or a new super team will be crated out West... NBA = Entertainment

And for those who strictly focus on the teams that have the immediate cap space to sign Howard, will be quickly blind sided; don't create future hate threads because you can't think outside the box.

c.c.
04-29-2013, 09:27 AM

Parsons is a no no buddy

FYL_McVeezy
04-29-2013, 09:40 AM
I wouldn't want this *** on my team at all.

:laugh:

you're sig is EPIC

sep11ie
04-29-2013, 09:42 AM
Smart move to evaluate all options no matter what he does.

Well said.

KnickaBocka.44
04-29-2013, 11:46 AM
I think he will still try for Brooklyn and I don't think he would want to stay a Laker.

This hasn't ever been rumored, and is impossible. It doesn't make sense for anyone involved either because of D-Will.

todu82
04-29-2013, 12:54 PM
Yeah, I think he won't be back with the Lakers next year. I think he ends up with 1 of the 2 Texas teams.

MikefromMars
04-29-2013, 01:22 PM
I feel bad for the team stupid enough to tie up max dollars in this chump. I mean, what does he really give you? A shot-blocker? A one dimensional scorer? He can't even stay healthy. He is a liability, bc he can't shoot free throws and he obviously isn't much of a competitor... more a baby, really. He puts of 4 points through 2 1/2 quarters when he is fighting for his playoff life? I think he can be a solid player on a team, but if you pay him max $$$ you're friggin insane!!

cg_la00
04-29-2013, 07:26 PM
its pretty petty to see how people STILL believe dwight will end up in brooklyn. there is ABSOLUTELY no way he ends up there. no cap space, no room, and they definitely cant sign and trade so please can people give it a rest already

Bruno
04-29-2013, 08:10 PM
He will be a Warrior. The West is ours.

he really should. perfect team for Dwight Howard.

JordansBulls
05-02-2013, 12:15 AM
Going to the Warriors now isn't a bad idea with Steph Curry there. If Dwight is a fast break guy he would gel on that squad.

Cracka2HI!
05-02-2013, 02:28 AM
Blake for Dwight????

I think that would actually be better for both players and teams. I can't stand Howard, but I am souring on Blake too. I don't really care about the flopping but his whining is on my nerves so bad. I think Howard is a much better running mate for CP3 and would lead our team in scoring so he'd be happy. I don't blame Blake for being hurt but our lack of everything big men bring to a game is killing us.

ThunderousDemon
05-02-2013, 03:15 AM
Going to the Warriors now isn't a bad idea with Steph Curry there. If Dwight is a fast break guy he would gel on that squad.

:laugh2:

You keep bumping old threads relating to howard.

mightybosstone
05-02-2013, 08:00 AM
I've read a lot of people mention Golden State, but how do you propose they make enough cap room to add Dwight? They're already at $44 million for next season, and that's before you consider $20 million in the team options of useless players like Biedrins and Richard Jefferson and $8 million in player options for Landry and Brandon Rush (who both could legitimately opt out). Barring a sign and trade where the Lakers take back a big contract (extremely unlikely), there's not a chance in hell Golden State can make enough room to sign Dwight.