PDA

View Full Version : Clippers vs Thunder(Who Will Win This Series)

RocketLoc80
04-28-2013, 10:38 AM
Without Westbrook and Durant now basically now have to carry the load. Who will win if this series happens and can Durant carry the load?

KnicksorBust
04-28-2013, 10:57 AM
There's no guarantee that the Clips even get by Memphis but assuming this matchup happens I'm sticking with the Clippers as I have all year.

LJEATON26
04-28-2013, 10:58 AM
I'm going with the homer pick and choosing the Thunder. During the regular season Sefolosha was the player guarding CP3 in the majority of the games which cause Paul to shoot .29% from the field. Also since the Grizz/Clips could end up playing 7 and Oklahoma City is already playing their close out game is going to favor OkC by getting some extra rest.

shep33
04-28-2013, 11:00 AM
With Westbrook, I take the Thunder quite easily. Without Westbrook, I got the Clips. CP3 vs. Jackson and Derek Fisher? That's just unfair

Clippersfan86
04-28-2013, 12:05 PM
Hmm it's STILL tough to say. Without Westbrook Durant is going to be way more aggressive and he's the main guy destroying us lately. So in the end they may not lose too much since we can always count on Westbrook hurting the team at some point and letting us make runs. Plus as jeaton said Sefalosha will be on CP3 all series and completely shut him down this year. In general CP3's been awful vs long defenders all year long, where as last year he still dominated.

I can't figure it out because this year he's quicker and more explosive than last year, yet he's struggling with it. Bottom line is if you shut CP3 down you obviously shut the Clippers down for the most part. Griffin's dominated the Thunder the last couple years but he's not going to be able to offset Durant's huge scoring nights.

I'll say Thunder in 7 based on what I've seen from both teams lately. Clippers struggle BAD with 3 point defense and OKC has a ton of great 3 point shooters. Guys like Reggie Jackson are actually the ones who destroy CP3 regularly. Quick, athletic and can bomb 3's. Last year we matched up great with OKC but now that they have put Sefalosha on CP3 full time and our shooters are less consistent, it's changed.

RocketLoc80
04-28-2013, 12:14 PM
Hmm it's STILL tough to say. Without Westbrook Durant is going to be way more aggressive and he's the main guy destroying us lately. So in the end they may not lose too much since we can always count on Westbrook hurting the team at some point and letting us make runs. Plus as jeaton said Sefalosha will be on CP3 all series and completely shut him down this year. In general CP3's been awful vs long defenders all year long, where as last year he still dominated.

I can't figure it out because this year he's quicker and more explosive than last year, yet he's struggling with it. Bottom line is if you shut CP3 down you obviously shut the Clippers down for the most part. Griffin's dominated the Thunder the last couple years but he's not going to be able to offset Durant's huge scoring nights.

I'll say Thunder in 7 based on what I've seen from both teams lately. Clippers struggle BAD with 3 point defense and OKC has a ton of great 3 point shooters. Guys like Reggie Jackson are actually the ones who destroy CP3 regularly. Quick, athletic and can bomb 3's. Last year we matched up great with OKC but now that they have put Sefalosha on CP3 full time and our shooters are less consistent, it's changed.

Better question now is do you still see OKC getting to the finals?

Clippersfan86
04-28-2013, 12:25 PM
Better question now is do you still see OKC getting to the finals?

No. I think they get to WCF and lose to the Spurs most likely. Somebody yesterday said on Hoopshype that the Spurs don't look like a finals team.. not sure how they get that out of a team who's blown their opponent out by an average of 17 ppg or w/e. Spurs are pretty much coasting vs the Lakers and I expect them to step up by round 2 and get even healthier.

So if I had to predict it now I'd say Spurs vs Heat in the finals this year. Knicks, Grizzlies, Thunder and Clippers all have a small shot if everything goes well of being in the finals. I think NY DOES pose Miami very real problems. I also think the Grizzlies and Clippers are dangerous enough and healthy enough to upset OKC or SA if they get the chance.

Jarvo
04-28-2013, 12:26 PM
Thunder.

wizardsfan3
04-28-2013, 12:38 PM
I don't even think the Clippers will get past the Grizzles.

D-Leethal
04-28-2013, 12:39 PM
Grizzlies.