PDA

View Full Version : Honest question, in the playoffs Nate Robinson or Derrick Rose?

KniCks4LiFe
04-28-2013, 01:43 AM
The numbers are shocking. I had to do a double take. But look it up for yourself, he's been just as good and has shown some incredible outings. What do you guys think?

lol, please
04-28-2013, 01:48 AM
Nate Robinson and it's not close.

1-800-STFU
04-28-2013, 01:49 AM
I really hate this place

KniCks4LiFe
04-28-2013, 01:51 AM
you know I don't want to say it cuz' it'd come off as hating but I ain't posting the numbers, I read that TS% per 36 and everything else. Nate making Chicago forget about Derrick cuz' he actually the better shooter. He's not a great PG but in the game of possessions and production Nate is up there.

Jarvo
04-28-2013, 01:53 AM
The Bulls will trade Rose in the offseason with Boozer to the Jazz for Milsap and Jefferson and go on to win Back to Back Finals!!!! :jumpy:

But really Bulls BETTER keep him for next year.

KniCks4LiFe
04-28-2013, 01:55 AM
yeh I ain't telling y'all to trade him, unless you landing Durant or LeBron or something. :laugh2: But the topic yeh. As of now.

ManRam
04-28-2013, 01:55 AM
are you kidding?

ManRam
04-28-2013, 01:56 AM
i've been called a derrick rose hater a million times here...but come on dude.

KniCks4LiFe
04-28-2013, 01:58 AM
i've been called a derrick rose hater a million times here...but come on dude.

I ain't hating. It's just there.

Avenged
04-28-2013, 01:59 AM
One of the toughest questions. Good comparison.

WatWoudJordanDo
04-28-2013, 02:09 AM
To trololol or not to trololol? That, is the question.

Rndy
04-28-2013, 02:15 AM
Seriously guys wtf kind of question is that? I get Nate gets hot but come the **** on. Questions like that make me wonder who actually watches basketball outside of SC highlights. Yeah Nate is sooo amazing lets pretend he plays defense and knows how to run point as well!

PSD IQ I SAW POINTZZZZ GUYSSSS

KniCks4LiFe
04-28-2013, 02:18 AM
but who said Rose sucks? We all know pound for pound Derrick Rose is a great PG, he's one of the greatest living players in the game. We all watch basketball we've seen some incredible games. Have you seen what Nate does? yes he's not a great PG and he's not a great defender but lets not act like he hasn't performed, cuz' he has.

Rndy
04-28-2013, 02:22 AM
but who said Rose sucks? We all know pound for pound Derrick Rose is a great PG, he's one of the greatest living players in the game. We all watch basketball we've seen some incredible games. Have you seen what Nate does? yes he's not a great PG and he's not a great defender but lets not act like he hasn't performed, cuz' he has.

It's just really idiotic to even talk about it though... The reason why Nate only comes in when CJ is on is because Williams would destroy him and has destroyed him.

Nate is a great scorer Rose is a great player if you don't understand the difference there really isn't a reason to talk anything sports related with you.

It seems a common theme with Knicks fans that they think Offense is basketball.

KniCks4LiFe
04-28-2013, 02:26 AM
It's just really idiotic to even talk about it though... The reason why Nate only comes in when CJ is on is because Williams would destroy him and has destroyed him.

Nate is a great scorer Rose is a great player if you don't understand the difference there really isn't a reason to talk anything sports related with you.

It seems a common theme with Knicks fans that they think Offense is above everything else.

Are all Chicagoans like you?

get one NBA great player and coach and think they above everyone else or something?

krisxsong
04-28-2013, 02:26 AM
What is the question here?

Yes Robinson's TS% and eFG% are higher than Rose's, but then you have to take into consider how each is used and what they mean to the team.

Rose takes a significant higher number of shots and no it's not just because of the minuets. The entire Bulls offense runs through him. They rely on him to create for others and himself.

Nate's role is to come in and shoot shoot shoot. Anybody can come in and shoot a ridiculous amount of times. But I'll give credit where it's due, Nate has played well in the playoffs and he is a valuable piece when used correctly. However to try and compare his stats to Rose' is completely out of the question. This is where context comes into play.

There is a very, very good reason a guy like Nate Robinson will struggle to be a starter. His lack of defense really kills him. Yes he's tough and pesky and he can get some steals and he makes some nice plays sometimes and those plays bring energy but he can't do it 34, 36, 38 mpg. His lack of size and him being prone to gamble every time will cause so many problems as a starter. A guy like him that can get hot in 1 second is best suited for the bench and not in the rotation because he sucks at playing team ball.

All of his assists come when the defenses collapse on him and there's a big sitting under the bucket wide open. Don't believe me? His Assist% is very low and Rose's Assist% blows his out of the water. The team racks more assists when Rose is on the floor and moves the ball much better, in other words they actually play team ball when Rose is on the floor and they play "Let's watch nate shoot" ball when Nate's on the floor.

Then you take into consideration the fatigue. Rose is doing everything. Running the offense, passing, shooting, playing defense for 40+ mpg. Nate comes in bursts for a total of about 15-20 mpg. Nate is going to naturally have a **** load of energy everytime he comes in which means he has fresh legs which allows him to take so many damn shots.

Let's put it this way. What if you reversed the roles of the two?

So yes on the surface their stats are somewhat comparable, but when you understand their roles it's a totally different game.

If anybody were to ever pick Nate Robinson over Derrick Rose for ANY game...I just...I don't know.

Rndy
04-28-2013, 02:27 AM

get one NBA great player and coach and think they above everyone else or something?

What are you even talking about? With what you have posted in this thread it portrays you don't understand basketball. Whether you do or don't is irrelevant to me given the small sample size of posts I've seen of you it's always something really ridiculous.

Don't get defensive because you made a stupid thread.

Not really sure what a great player and coach has to do with any of this? I'm above everyone else because I think you don't know what basketball is?

KniCks4LiFe
04-28-2013, 02:33 AM
What are you even talking about? With what you have posted in this thread it portrays you don't understand basketball. Whether you do or don't is irrelevant to me given the small sample size of posts I've seen of you it's always something really ridiculous.

Don't get defensive because you made a stupid thread.

Not really sure what a great player and coach has to do with any of this? I'm above everyone else because I think you don't know what basketball is?

homie you just mad cuz' someone made a thread about what many people have been saying to theirselves but don't want to say. I have never said Nate is better than Rose. You are misdirecting my whole thread. This was about their performance output in the playoffs. You're the one that got defensive and used the term

what are you even talking about that for? oh right cuz' you're mad.

Kyben36
04-28-2013, 02:35 AM
Derrick rose and as a bulls fan let me explain why.

While, Nate played one of the greatest games and 4th quarters I have ever seen, Nate is also pretty inconsitant, he has games where he can shoot you out of a game, and there were even a few possesions in this game where I think he took 3 shots in 1 possesion missing all 3 badly, Nate can be a great spark, but he can also be over confident, Like that hail mary 1 ft nearly 3 pt shot he took, which I beleive he was tryign to draw a foul, but that, in no way was a good shot. he can take bad shots and screw with your teams chemestry, im not saying I dont like him as a player, but he isnt derrick rose.

Derrick rose is much more consistant and will consitantly be able to score, where as nate, it really depends on if his shot is falling. I dont know how many off balance shots he hit that game, amazing plays, but not good quality shots. derrick is also a better passer, being that derricks ego isnt nearly as big as Nates.

the fact is, Derrick is much more consistant than Nate, this being said, I really hope we can have him back, because he is a joakim noah type energy and spark off the bench. his defense isnt nearly as bad as I expected it to be for a guy who is 5'8, and he is that guy who can really get a crowd going.

Rndy
04-28-2013, 02:38 AM
homie you just mad cuz' someone made a thread about what many people have been saying to theirselves but don't want to say. I have never said Nate is better than Rose. You are misdirecting my whole thread. This was about their performance output in the playoffs. You're the one that got defensive and used the term

what are you even talking about that for? oh right cuz' you're mad.

Why exactly would I be mad over what others opinions? Rose would have a much bigger impact on this series you know given his all around great game?

I just think you consistently make very strange posts and it makes it seem like you don't know what you're talking about.

KniCks4LiFe
04-28-2013, 02:40 AM

While, Nate played one of the greatest games and 4th quarters I have ever seen, Nate is also pretty inconsitant, he has games where he can shoot you out of a game, and there were even a few possesions in this game where I think he took 3 shots in 1 possesion missing all 3 badly, Nate can be a great spark, but he can also be over confident, Like that hail mary 1 ft nearly 3 pt shot he took, which I beleive he was tryign to draw a foul, but that, in no way was a good shot. he can take bad shots and screw with your teams chemestry, im not saying I dont like him as a player, but he isnt derrick rose.

Derrick rose is much more consistant and will consitantly be able to score, where as nate, it really depends on if his shot is falling. I dont know how many off balance shots he hit that game, amazing plays, but not good quality shots. derrick is also a better passer, being that derricks ego isnt nearly as big as Nates.

the fact is, Derrick is much more consistant than Nate, this being said, I really hope we can have him back, because he is a joakim noah type energy and spark off the bench. his defense isnt nearly as bad as I expected it to be for a guy who is 5'8, and he is that guy who can really get a crowd going.

Why can't all Chicago fans be like you? this was actually logical and I also agree w/ it, even though I made the thread to see how many think it's plausible that if Derrick can't return the Bulls are in good hands w/ Nate Robinson's ability in the close games + the team's defense hasn't gotten worse.

krisxsong
04-28-2013, 02:42 AM
As I said earlier, advanced stats, even all stats must be seen in context. FG%, 3PT%, eFG%, TS% all mean nothing without context.

Rndy
04-28-2013, 02:42 AM
Why can't all Chicago fans be like you? this was actually logical and I also agree w/ it, even though I made the thread to see how many think it's plausible that if Derrick can't return the Bulls are in good hands w/ Nate Robinson's ability in the close games + the team's defense hasn't gotten worse.

I think the stats prove the defense has gotten worse without Rose. Now next year having Rose and Hinrich in the backcourt should once again make Chicago the best defensive team in the NBA.

KniCks4LiFe
04-28-2013, 02:43 AM
Why exactly would I be mad over what others opinions? Rose would have a much bigger impact on this series you know given his all around great game?

I just think you consistently make very strange posts and it makes it seem like you don't know what you're talking about.

Probably and most likely but we can't say that cuz' he can't dunk off his left foot.

resulting to insulting a fanbase for a poster's thoughts or opinions always has to do w/ someone being mad. IDK why you're dissing my fellow Knicks fans here. There was no place for it, and it was cheap imo.

Rndy
04-28-2013, 02:46 AM
Probably and most likely but we can't say that cuz' he can't dunk off his left foot.

resulting to insulting a fanbase for a poster's thoughts or opinions always has to do w/ someone being mad. IDK why you're dissing my fellow Knicks fans here. There was no place for it, and it was cheap imo.

Agreed I'm sorry I brought up the Knicks wasn't really a need for it. I just can't help but think every time the Knicks post about the Bulls it has something to do with offense. Not really your fault you are what you see. Given I've consistently been around good defensive teams my entire life of watching Bulls I tend to lean towards defense.

I love what Nate has brought to this team but he hurts us a lot in a lot of aspects. When Hinrich was hurt and he was forced to be a PG he really hurt our team. Nate is good in spurts of offense Rose is an all around threat and Bulls are a much better team with him given with him we won the first seed two years in a row and were a top 3 defense two years in a row you can see why he's much more important.

Hellcrooner
04-28-2013, 02:53 AM
Jeremy Lin should have been last years mvp-

Trading Barea is what killed the mavs.

:drunk:

MyDRoseLikeDeng
04-28-2013, 03:02 AM
Nate Robinson!

MyDRoseLikeDeng
04-28-2013, 03:03 AM
But seriously, you've got to be joking with this thread..Nate is a backup pg who can catch fire. Rose is our superstar

bleedprple&gold
04-28-2013, 03:09 AM
You're asking if Nate is better than a cheerleader? Well yea...

LayBraun
04-28-2013, 03:10 AM
It was close but Nate but a small margin.

Chitownhero1992
04-28-2013, 03:16 AM
To even ask this questions shows you don't know much about basketball. Rose by far over Nate Robinson. I love Krypto-Nate he is dynamic and saved Game 3 yesterday but he is no Rose. Rose is a top 5 player in the league.

Although I would like to say this and I have thought this since he was in New York, if Robinson was 6'1"-6'3" like a normal PG, he would've been an all-star every year, had an MVP by now and would be a top 5 player in the league by far. His height just hurts many aspects of his game.

krisxsong
04-28-2013, 03:26 AM
To even ask this questions shows you don't know much about basketball. Rose by far over Nate Robinson. I love Krypto-Nate he is dynamic and saved Game 3 yesterday but he is no Rose. Rose is a top 5 player in the league.

Although I would like to say this and I have thought this since he was in New York, if Robinson was 6'1"-6'3" like a normal PG, he would've been an all-star every year, had an MVP by now and would be a top 5 player in the league by far. His height just hurts many aspects of his game.

I strongly disagree with the bolded.

If he were 6'1-6'3, to me he would be the PG version of Jamaal Crawford with less handles.

naps
04-28-2013, 03:57 AM
LOL wtf is this? Get real son.

Riodagoat
04-28-2013, 09:57 AM

Isn't that the recurring theme for Knick fans? That Melo is somehow better than everyone including Lebron and Durant?

Threads like this is what gives people like you a bad rep.

KnicksorBust
04-28-2013, 10:19 AM

Basically this.

The OP blatantly ignores the fact that Rose is miles better as a distributor and slasher. Even if Rose's shot isn't falling, he can attack the rim and either create an easy basket for his teammate or get to the FT line. Nate's game is much more limitted. Then when it comes to defense it's no contest. Rose is miles and miles better on the defensive end than Nate. Any comparison between the two just because of one hot shooting quarter is simply ridiculous.

LJEATON26
04-28-2013, 10:24 AM

For him to be a great player doesn't he need to play??? Westbrook played a half of basketball and helped his team to win on a bum knee and Rose won't even play with a healthy knee. Pretty ****** superstar.

Ezekial
04-28-2013, 10:48 AM

Illogical questions sometimes receive illogical answers.

BearsBullsSox
04-28-2013, 10:50 AM
Nate making Chicago forget about Derrick cuz' he actually the better shooter. He's not a great PG but in the game of possessions and production Nate is up there.

How the hell can you possibly speak on how people in Chicago feel about Rose/Robinson when you don't even live here? You not from the CITY and probably never even chilled or hung out with any Bulls fans or somebody in Chicago in real life to make these assessments.

Ezekial
04-28-2013, 10:53 AM
How the hell can you possibly speak on how people in Chicago feel about Rose/Robinson when you don't even live here? You not from the CITY and probably never even chilled or hung out with any Bulls fans or somebody in Chicago in real life to make these assessments.

i red it on da internet doe

sportsfan222
04-28-2013, 11:00 AM
is this a serious question?

a healthy derrick rose is easily a top 5 player in the nba, and one can argue top 3 when 100 percent.

dont get me wrong, nate robinson is an incredible spark off the bench for this team and is great to have as a backup to rose, but he can not play starter minutes and be effective consistently.

their is a reason the guy has been bounced around from team to team and never has been a full time starter consistently.

lets not forget, game 1 bulls got destroyed, game 2 they won squeaked by, game 3 they scored 79 pts, and game 4 which was the classic 3 ot game yesterday, lets not forget, they were down 14 pts with under 4 minutes to go, nate robinson basically had to be michael jordan to send this game to ot, and it took 3 ots to win.

great bench player, pumps the crowd up, great guy to have on ur team as a backup, but better than rose, lets be real here.

Faneik
04-28-2013, 11:09 AM
I ain't hating. It's just there.

Rose is da best playa. ya dig?

D-Leethal
04-28-2013, 11:11 AM
I miss Nate.

JordansBulls
04-28-2013, 11:13 AM
This is only a legit question if you are asking would you rather have Nate Robinson from the 4th quarter onward against the Nets vs Rose at his best in the playoffs. Since Nate did get 23 in the 4th quarter alone.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-28-2013, 11:21 AM
OP, have you watched the Bulls all year? Or just yesterday? Because it's not like Nate does that night in and night out. He's very streaky. He'll win you some games, but will lose just as much for you. That is just offensively.

I love Nate and think he's earned himself a decent payday for next season, and would love to have him back, but to even have to ask this either shows you just want attention, or have a very small basketball IQ.

quade36
04-28-2013, 11:43 AM
So I wish people who start threads like this actually watch basketball instead of reading about highlights. Kirk Hinrich is the Bulls starting pointing and if it weren't for him, not Nate the Bulls wouldn't be up 3 games to 1. Sure Nate scored 34 points but Hinrich had 18 points 14 assists and managed the offense even while Nate was hitting buckets. Of course this isn't even including how much of a defensive factor Hinrich is along with his +/- ratio all year while he was on the court. If you want to compare Nate to an injured or former Bull, you should compare him to Ben Gordon. If you want to have any intelligent debate on a point guard replacing Rose it should start with Hinrich though I would assume that debate wouldn't last long.

heyman321
04-28-2013, 11:51 AM
Nate hands down

TeamSeattle
04-28-2013, 11:59 AM
Let's not act like Nate didn't win that game last night, he did no question. In the 2013 playoffs I'd take Nate, but in the 2014 playoffs I'd take DRose. See how easy that was :)

bbcmillionaire
04-28-2013, 12:12 PM
Lol and welcome to the MBA forum ladies and gentlemen

Jagger
04-28-2013, 01:02 PM
Nate Robinson. Period. :clap:

Chronz
04-28-2013, 01:13 PM
Be ready for the fall soon tho. Law of averages are pretty hard to beat

Hawkeye15
04-28-2013, 01:13 PM
midget power

Lakeshow24KB
04-28-2013, 01:15 PM

lol there you go.

rocket
04-28-2013, 01:25 PM
Jimmy Buckets

smiddy012
04-28-2013, 01:30 PM
The answer is Nate Robinson. This is a serious answer.

quade36
04-28-2013, 02:17 PM
The answer is Nate Robinson. This is a serious answer.

So since Hinrich is a better point guard than Nate and has played better sans game 4 even though Hinrich still was pretty amazing (18 points, 14 assists, causing several important turnovers, great defense, running the floor), would you say Hinrich is also better than Rose?

Rivera
04-28-2013, 02:29 PM
:laugh:

b@llhog24
04-28-2013, 02:33 PM
Dude get off Nate's dick; seriously.

Faneik
04-28-2013, 02:56 PM
I strongly disagree with the bolded.

If he were 6'1-6'3, to me he would be the PG version of Jamaal Crawford with less handles.

it depends

if he was 6'3 with his current body frame, he would be nothing like Crawford.

He would be a bruiser type guard.

effen5
04-28-2013, 02:56 PM
Op is just mad because they don't have Nate anymore.

c.c.
04-28-2013, 02:57 PM
But let's say the Bulls was willing to trade Rose, what position would they wanna improve at? What kinda assets would they want in return

1-800-STFU
04-28-2013, 03:01 PM
But let's say the Bulls was willing to trade Rose, what position would they wanna improve at? What kinda assets would they want in return

Well, thats the thing. The return would never justifiy the trade. It would be draft picks + multiple lesser players.

DumDum
04-28-2013, 05:17 PM
nate but only for the Bk series he's going have a let down next round I called it First

krisxsong
04-28-2013, 05:27 PM
it depends

if he was 6'3 with his current body frame, he would be nothing like Crawford.

He would be a bruiser type guard.

Would he also have won an MVP and be a top 5 player in the NBA?

I don't think he'd had his current frame if he were that tall. IMO he probably got so strong because he knows he needed to make up for his lack of size with strength.

ChitownBears22
04-28-2013, 05:29 PM
Nate, just for chemistry reasons.