PDA

View Full Version : J.R. Smith Suspended

TeamSeattle
04-27-2013, 09:04 PM
@IanBegley

The NBA, in a statement, says it suspended Smith for "throwing an elbow and striking the chin" of Jason Terry. #Knicks

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 5m
NBA just announced @TheRealJRSmith is suspended for Game 4 of Knicks/Celtics series after his elbow to chin of Boston's @jasonterry31

Suspended for Game 4

Thoughts?

justinnum1
04-27-2013, 09:06 PM
:laugh:

Smith made a punk move and he is paying for it.

Knicks will sill win. Stop crying.

ManRam
04-27-2013, 09:08 PM
i mean, an elbow towards the head :shrug: i kinda expected it. there's a precedence there, dating back decades.

it's not like it matters.

and it's not a matter of being "soft" or not. that was a maliciously dirty play. there's a difference.

ChitownBears22
04-27-2013, 09:11 PM
No big deal. Will sweep anyway

redsoxknicks
04-27-2013, 09:11 PM
He deserves some punishment. I don't blame him for being ticked at Terry, but you can't do that.

Knick_Fever
04-27-2013, 09:12 PM
Non-issue. Consider this a "day off" for Smith and Knicks close out the series.

SportsFanatic10
04-27-2013, 09:13 PM
it's deserved. knicks will win anyways...

TeamSeattle
04-27-2013, 09:13 PM
The point wasn't the punishment but the suspension. A fine would of been sufficient. I'm not really complaining just saying the league is going off reputation more so than judging the situation. Its the principle.

oak2455
04-27-2013, 09:14 PM
He made a punk move ha ha Terry is a douchebag

oak2455
04-27-2013, 09:15 PM
Should've punched him in the nuts instead , then just a fine

TeamSeattle
04-27-2013, 09:16 PM

ya know right like that's any better

ManRam
04-27-2013, 09:17 PM
The point wasn't the punishment but the suspension. A fine would of been sufficient. I'm not really complaining just saying the league is going off reputation more so than judging the situation. Its the principle.

i don't know. it's close between the suspension/fine threshold.

reggie, charles oakley, juwan, karl (granted, he has a long history of elbows) smits, webber, etc. have all been suspended for intentional elbows, a few on their first egregious offence.

hard to argue inconsistency. it's much more consistent with recent punishment as well.

cubs1st
04-27-2013, 09:18 PM
Knicks are still going to win. If anything it just lets Smith rest more.

Swashcuff
04-27-2013, 09:18 PM

This has been the rule from as long as I could remember and not just the NBA but all professional basketball leagues. You don't throw intentional elbows at players heads and get fined for it, you get fined for calling out officials.

TeamSeattle
04-27-2013, 09:20 PM
This has been the rule from as long as I could remember and not just the NBA but all professional basketball leagues. You don't throw intentional elbows at players heads and get fined for it, you get fined for calling out officials.

It was his chin not his head

NBA_Starter
04-27-2013, 09:20 PM
Good decision, you can't have players going around swinging elbows above people's shoulders.

ManRam
04-27-2013, 09:21 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Proportions_of_the_Head.jpg

things that are part of the "head": the chin

TeamSeattle
04-27-2013, 09:23 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Proportions_of_the_Head.jpg

things that are part of the "head": the chin

It was the under part of his chin below the region of the chart you posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZTiryThhMY

NBA_Starter
04-27-2013, 09:24 PM
It was still above the shoulders.

oak2455
ya know right like that's any better

Didn't someone do that this year? And just a fine

tp13baby
Melo would of ran away. haha

BigBlueCrew
04-27-2013, 09:26 PM
JR talks too much. "I was trying to draw a foul" :pity:

Swashcuff
04-27-2013, 09:26 PM

My good lord am I reading this right? NBA Forum hits new lows with every single thread.

ManRam
04-27-2013, 09:27 PM
It was the under part of his chin below the region of the chart you posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZTiryThhMY

he got his chin squarely.

just watch the video, pause it a few times after he makes contact. square on the chin and brings it up across the face.

it doesn't matter where on the "chin", "under part of the chin" or "head" it was. it was malicious, unnecessary, intentional and towards the head/above the shoulders. that's all that matters.

Swashcuff
04-27-2013, 09:28 PM
Didn't someone do that this year? And just a fine

Will Bynum was suspended for punching Hansborugh Ibake got fined for punching Blake though. He wasn't ejected like Smith and Bynum was.

Nycbball08
04-27-2013, 09:29 PM

Wish he would do that punk move on your ***

kdspurman

Did i miss something? I didn't see anyone crying lol... You were the first to respond

oak2455
Again Terry is a ***** end of story was JR wrong yup but still terry is a ***** :)

OceanSpray
Who cares, Boston has no chance anyways. This is what happens when your best player, Rondo, gets injured. Not hearing the "overrated" accusations anymore, huh.

oak2455
04-27-2013, 09:31 PM
Did i miss something? I didn't see anyone crying lol... You were the first to respond

He always is the first I think it's a robot or something :confused:

TeamSeattle
he got his chin squarely.

just watch the video, pause it a few times after he makes contact. square on the chin and brings it up across the face.

it doesn't matter where on the "chin", "under part of the chin" or "head" it was. it was malicious, unnecessary, intentional and towards the head/above the shoulders. that's all that matters.

I would argue it wasn't malicious but unnecessary nonetheless, your right. The NBA needs to be more consistent with its rulings and outlaw any type of overly aggressive contact, above the head or not.

I'd love to read the rulebook regarding this.

kdspurman
It was warranted. JR lost his composure.

ManRam
Again Terry is a ***** end of story was JR wrong yup but still terry is a ***** :)

punk on punk action that was, for sure.

knicks=love
04-27-2013, 09:33 PM
sooooo when do the playoffs actually start? :cool:

oak2455
04-27-2013, 09:35 PM
punk on punk action that was, for sure.

And who chased who ?? And what did classy Doc say after the game ... ?

BigBlueCrew
04-27-2013, 09:35 PM
I would argue it wasn't malicious but unnecessary nonetheless, your right. The NBA needs to be more consistent with its rulings and outlaw any type of overly aggressive contact, above the head or not.

I'd love to read the rulebook regarding this.

please call us when you get "consistency" from the NBA. Didnt they say they would fine anyone for flopping? And?

oak2455
04-27-2013, 09:36 PM
Melo would of ran away. haha

How's the nuggets doing ?

TeamSeattle
04-27-2013, 09:37 PM

I know right J.R. walking away and going straight to the locker room was what any thug would do.

oak2455
04-27-2013, 09:37 PM
Will Bynum was suspended for punching Hansborugh Ibake got fined for punching Blake though. He wasn't ejected like Smith and Bynum was.

Thanks I forgot

oak2455
04-27-2013, 09:39 PM
I know right J.R. walking away and going straight to the locker room was what any thug would do.

Corey
04-27-2013, 09:40 PM
Chin isn't part of the head?

ManRam
04-27-2013, 09:40 PM

do you think the league is soft? answer that before you proceed to bash terry for going after a guy who landed an incredibly cheap shot on him.

doc shouldn't have said what he said. for sure.

terry is perhaps the penultimate punk in the league. jr has had his moments too, including throwing elbows.

but not sure how that really matters or compares here. JR obviously is the one in the wrong here, at least to the highest extent.

oak2455
04-27-2013, 09:41 PM

Not in this thread :laugh:

ManRam
04-27-2013, 09:41 PM

so you're proud of JR being a "thug"

but think what Doc and Terry did was so terrible.

got it. definitely no hypocrisy here ;)

oak2455
04-27-2013, 09:42 PM
do you think the league is soft? answer that before you proceed to bash terry for going after a guy who landed an incredibly cheap shot on him.

doc shouldn't have said what he said. for sure.

terry is perhaps the penultimate punk in the league. jr has had his moments too, including throwing elbows.

but not sure how that really matters or compares here. JR obviously is the one in the wrong here, at least to the highest extent.

Agree with everything except Terry flopping.... I thought he did maybe I'm wrong

TeamSeattle
04-27-2013, 09:43 PM

I said the underpart of the chin/neck area in a post following that, sorry for generalizing. Tons of players get hit in that region on clear outs.

oak2455
04-27-2013, 09:44 PM
so you're proud of JR being a "thug"

but think what Doc and Terry did was so terrible.

got it. definitely no hypocrisy here ;)

That was for the chin comment I think JR is a thug

D-Leethal
04-27-2013, 09:48 PM
'Thug' is a term tossed around pretty loosely nowadays huh? From slingin' crack to swingin' elbows.

It was a warranted suspension, no biggie, and definitely doesn't warrant a 'thug' label. You see guys throw elbows all the time, most of the time its to clear space and they don't connect. This was to clear space and connected. Things happen all the time in the Heat of the moment. Wade is the NBA's golden boy and he kicked a dude in the nuts.

Terry is a ***** though.

Green_Monster
04-27-2013, 09:49 PM
He made a punk move ha ha Terry is a douchebag

How is Terry the douchebag in this situation?

Stay classy.

javsvt
04-27-2013, 09:49 PM
I'm a Knicks fan, suspension was deserved. Next game though, I'm gonna count all the cheap elbows that alien Garnett throws.

D-Leethal
04-27-2013, 09:51 PM
I'm a Knicks fan, suspension was deserved. Next game though, I'm gonna count all the cheap elbows that alien Garnett throws.

Seriously. JR's elbows were no more malicious than the many multiple elbows you see thrown each and every game to clear space. This one connected, most guys get out of the way, Terry ate it.

I'm cool with the suspension, were gonna mop the floor with them anyway.

topdog
04-27-2013, 09:52 PM
Has Smith gone on twitter yet to call Terry a "fake tough guy" :facepalm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TBV1Z0l2wE

Green_Monster
04-27-2013, 09:54 PM
'Thug' is a term tossed around pretty loosely nowadays huh? From slingin' crack to swingin' elbows.

It was a warranted suspension, no biggie, and definitely doesn't warrant a 'thug' label. You see guys throw elbows all the time, most of the time its to clear space and they don't connect. This was to clear space and connected. Things happen all the time in the Heat of the moment. Wade is the NBA's golden boy and he kicked a dude in the nuts.

Terry is a ***** though.

The elbow was not to clear space. Terry was right up on him playing D.

Seriously. JR's elbows were no more malicious than the many multiple elbows you see thrown each and every game to clear space. This one connected, most guys get out of the way, Terry ate it.

I'm cool with the suspension, were gonna mop the floor with them anyway.

How was JR's elbow no more malicious than other elbows throw during the game. That's bull ****.

TeamSeattle
04-27-2013, 09:55 PM

This makes no sense, thats WHY players clear space.

BigBlueCrew
04-27-2013, 09:57 PM

:laugh: maybe they use elbows differently in Boston

javsvt
04-27-2013, 09:58 PM
Has Smith gone on twitter yet to call Terry a "fake tough guy" :facepalm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TBV1Z0l2wE
We won the next game against them, I think JR had over 30 points that game, JR was not intimated by Gayless.

Green_Monster
04-27-2013, 10:00 PM

How does it make no sense? If anything it was common sense. He was not trying to clear space with that elbow, he was clearly aiming for Terry.

:laugh: maybe they use elbows differently in Boston.....Boston Strong!

"Boston Strong", really?

QueensG_718
04-27-2013, 10:01 PM
In that case shaq should of been suspended every other game. He used to get away with everything. #elbowking

D-Leethal
04-27-2013, 10:06 PM

How was JR's elbow no more malicious than other elbows throw during the game. That's bull ****.

If your not gonna be rational theres no point in discussing. When players guard you right up in your grill, you swing the ball to clear space. Swinging the ball requires swinging of the elbows. This happens all the freakin' time throughout games. Most of the time the guy guarding (Terry) will lean back to avoid the elbow, thus creating space. Success for the offense. Its not a malicious play, but when the defender doesn't budge and the elbow connects it becomes one. Rebounders swing there elbows in a much more malicious east-west manner when securing rebounds and fighting off guys trying to scrap for the ball. They never connect so nobody cares.

BigBlueCrew
04-27-2013, 10:10 PM
"Boston Strong", really?

too much?

but teammelo is correct that is why players swing the elbow

Green_Monster
04-27-2013, 10:11 PM
If your not gonna be rational theres no point in discussing. When players guard you right up in your grill, you swing the ball to clear space. Swinging the ball requires swinging of the elbows. This happens all the freakin' time throughout games. Most of the time the guy guarding (Terry) will lean back to avoid the elbow, thus creating space. Success for the offense. Its not a malicious play, but when the defender doesn't budge and the elbow connects it becomes one. Rebounders swing there elbows in a much more malicious east-west manner when securing rebounds and fighting off guys trying to scrap for the ball. They never connect so nobody cares.

I'm not being rational? You don't even think the play was malicious. Take off the homer glasses. Tell me, if it's not a malicious play, than why is J.R. suspended?

BigBlueCrew
04-27-2013, 10:13 PM
I'm not being rational? You don't even think the play was malicious. Take off the homer glasses. Tell me, if it's not a malicious play, than why is J.R. suspended?

Is this your first NBA game?

Green_Monster
04-27-2013, 10:14 PM
too much?

but teammelo is correct that is why players swing the elbow

Yes, too much.

Players swing their elbow to clear space, not to elbow someone. His elbow went up towards Terry's face, not across.

Green_Monster
04-27-2013, 10:15 PM
Is this your first NBA game?

Avoiding the question? Nice.

TeamSeattle
04-27-2013, 10:17 PM
Yes, too much.

Players swing their elbow to clear space, not to elbow someone. His elbow went up towards Terry's face, not across.

How much nba have you actually seen before, guards swing their elbows out to clear space. Big man swing their arms from side to side; I can't believe I have to explain this.

BigBlueCrew
04-27-2013, 10:18 PM
Avoiding the question? Nice.

Im not really avoiding it. Im not surprised by the suspension. I know David Stern. The man is a *******.

D-Leethal
04-27-2013, 10:19 PM

Malicious = intent to do harm. JR threw an elbow that gets thrown all the time in every NBA game with no harm done. Swinging your elbows in basketball is not done with the intent to drill the dude in the face, its done to get the dude to jump back and get space. It happens all the time.

He got suspended because thats the rule. You swing your elbows and it lands above the shoulders thats pretty much an auto suspension. That doesn't mean he had malicious intent.

You sound pretty salty man, probably all those great predictions you had before this series.

Green_Monster
04-27-2013, 10:20 PM
How much nba have you actually seen before, guards swing their elbows out to clear space. Big man swing their arms from side to side; I can't believe I have to explain this.

How much NBA have you seen? Players swing their elbows across to clear space, not upwards. Is it that hard to understand?

D-Leethal
04-27-2013, 10:21 PM

Exactly. When facing up you swing your elbows in the motion of a clock. Your elbows go up on one end, down on the other, if theres a face there your either smacking him on the way up or way down. Big guys swing their elbows in a much more malicious manner when securing rebounds that could literally knock a dude out. Big guys swing their elbows like a ****ing helicopter directly at head level.

D-Leethal
04-27-2013, 10:23 PM
How much NBA have you seen? Players swing their elbows across to clear space, not upwards. Is it that hard to understand?

lol, dude just try to picture what you are saying from a face up guard at the 3 pt line. Facing up with a guy bodying you face-to-face requires a different motion to clear space than a rebounder trying to fend dudes off his back and secure possession of the ball. In JR's circumstance, the motion to clear space is always going to be clockwise/counter clockwise motion.

You really do sound like you have never played basketball in your life. Swinging elbows is engrained in the sport and has been since its infancy.

Green_Monster
04-27-2013, 10:24 PM
Malicious = intent to do harm. JR threw an elbow that gets thrown all the time in every NBA game with no harm done. Swinging your elbows in basketball is not done with the intent to drill the dude in the face, its done to get the dude to jump back and get space. It happens all the time.

He got suspended because thats the rule. You swing your elbows and it lands above the shoulders thats pretty much an auto suspension. That doesn't mean he had malicious intent.

You sound pretty salty man, probably all those great predictions you had before this series.

JR clearly intended to do harm to Terry. I can't believe you can't see that. He moved his elbow up, not across.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTQ1eKMzNPM

TeamSeattle
04-27-2013, 10:25 PM

Somebody has never played or watched enough basketball

D-Leethal
04-27-2013, 10:25 PM
JR clearly intended to do harm to Terry. I can't believe you can't see that. He moved his elbow up, not across.

Terry's flop made it look a lot worse than it really was.

Green_Monster
04-27-2013, 10:27 PM
lol, dude just try to picture what you are saying from a face up guard at the 3 pt line. Facing up with a guy bodying you face-to-face requires a different motion to clear space than a rebounder trying to fend dudes off his back and secure possession of the ball. In JR's circumstance, the motion to clear space is always going to be clockwise/counter clockwise motion.

You really do sound like you have never played basketball in your life. Swinging elbows is engrained in the sport and has been since its infancy.

Please take off the homer glasses.

When someone tries to call someone out for something, it usually means they haven't done that thing themselves. Such as playing basketball. Elbowing someone in the face intentially is not part of the sport.

mzgrizz
04-27-2013, 10:28 PM

This looks completely intentional

javsvt
04-27-2013, 10:29 PM
Can't remember, was Garnett suspended for any of these? Just asking, let me say that JR deserves the suspension, just wondering because KG is known for these, and it seems like the refs throw a blind eye.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NaQ1dJ3c4M&sns=em
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aDQqbAIHHo&sns=em

Green_Monster
04-27-2013, 10:29 PM
Somebody has never played or watched enough basketball

That's clearly you. Players swing their elbows across, not up, if they are trying to clear space.

Terry's flop made it look a lot worse than it really was.

Flop? He got elbowed in the face.

How about Prigioni's flop? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9Vl3-xwvP4

What about Smith's flop when Crawford got a clean steal?

Daaaarryyl
04-27-2013, 10:31 PM
Didn't KG choke a Knick on National TV a few years back and went unpunished?

Just sayin..

Green_Monster
04-27-2013, 10:32 PM
This looks completely intentional

Yup. Look at :30, he winds up and sends the elbow into Terry.

TeamSeattle
04-27-2013, 10:33 PM
Didn't KG choke a Knick on National TV a few years back and went unpunished?

Just sayin..

Yep Billy Walker. He didn't even get fined.

javsvt
04-27-2013, 10:34 PM

Did you see my post above, did KG ever get suspended for elbows thrown, or do they have to connect?

BigBlueCrew
04-27-2013, 10:36 PM
Can't remember, was Garnett suspended for any of these? Just asking, let me say that JR deserves the suspension, just wondering because KG is known for these, and it seems like the refs throw a blind eye.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NaQ1dJ3c4M&sns=em
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aDQqbAIHHo&sns=em

Like I said before, no way in hell David Stern is suspending KG, especially during an Eastern Conference Finals.

ManRam
04-27-2013, 10:38 PM
Like I said before, no way in hell David Stern is suspending KG, especially during an Eastern Conference Finals.

if KG connects with someone's head with clear intent, of course he'd be suspended.

those two youtube clips are not the same as JR's elbow last night. the second one is close, but still not quite as bad

Green_Monster
04-27-2013, 10:38 PM
Did you see my post above, did KG ever get suspended for elbows thrown, or do they have to connect?

First video you can't tell if it was intentional. Both guys were all over him and he was ripping the ball away. He probably went overboard.

The second video I'm not even sure if he connected. But in both cases he got fouls called on him, I think. Neither were close to the elbow that Smith's threw.

BigBlueCrew
04-27-2013, 10:39 PM
if KG connects with someone's head with clear intent, of course he'd be suspended.

those two youtube clips are not the same as JR's elbow last night.

You're always defending him. No way he'd be suspended.

mzgrizz
04-27-2013, 10:40 PM

Plus look at his eyes.....he knows what he's doing
Used to watch him play for the Nuggs and you never knew what crazy things he might do
He is a talented player, for sure, but sure as hell can be a liability

javsvt
04-27-2013, 10:41 PM
Oh, so he has to connect, ok. Talk about homer glasses. LOL

ManRam
i'm sorry. if you think those two KG elbows are the same as the one JR threw, well, take off you knicks glasses and then get back to me :shrug:

TeamSeattle
Used to watch him play for the Nuggs and you never knew what crazy things he might do

Look at his eyes...wtf just stop you guys obviously judged just like the league, on past biases.

ManRam
You're always defending him. No way he'd be suspended.

me? always defending KG?

hahahaha.

javsvt
04-27-2013, 10:42 PM

Garnett's elbows are always intended to hit someone, what's your point?

mzgrizz
04-27-2013, 10:44 PM
Look at his eyes...wtf just stop you guys obviously judged just like the league, on past biases.

You must not be a student of observation
LOOK at his eyes and face right before he smacks JET

BigBlueCrew
i'm sorry. if you think those two KG elbows are the same as the one JR threw, well, take off you knicks glasses and then get back to me :shrug:

I'll wait til he get eliminated tomorrow or game after and then get back to you. I perfectly aware of how David Stern's NBA works and dont need anymore elaboration. ;)

javsvt

LOL, if he would've clocked Humphries, you still be saying the same? Luckily is face wasnt there, I'm sure KGs elbows are sharp, you don't need to hit someone hard to cut someone. Stop, just stop.

TeamSeattle
You must not be a student of observation
LOOK at his eyes and face right before he smacks JET

Look at Demarcus Cousins face all game, I mean come on you can't just read the situation based on that.

mzgrizz
Garnett's elbows are always intended to hit someone, what's your point?

Where is KG in this quote?

ManRam
04-27-2013, 10:45 PM
I'll wait til he get eliminated tomorrow or game after and then get back to you. I perfectly aware of how David Stern's NBA works and dont need anymore elaboration. ;)

this post makes about zero sense...on all levels.

i'm so confused.

for the record, KG is one of my all time least favorite players ever. i'm just, you know...not bias in this matter...

Green_Monster

Yeah, he's definitely a talented player. But there was no need to throw an elbow when your team is up by 19 with 7 minutes left.

BigBlueCrew
me? always defending KG?

hahahaha.

not KG ....geez

im talking about the front office and the refs. You with the "Im going use one of my complaints here against the refs?"

mzgrizz
04-27-2013, 10:46 PM
Look at Demarcus Cousins face all game, I mean come on you can't just read the situation based on that.

Well, I can.....and so can anyone else who's not biased for one team or the other
Knicks will most likely move to the second round, with or without JR, so what's the problem?

BigBlueCrew
04-27-2013, 10:46 PM
this post makes about zero sense...on all levels.

i'm so confused.

for the record, KG is one of my all time least favorite players ever. i'm just, you know...not bias in this matter...

then you should probably go to bed

TeamSeattle
04-27-2013, 10:47 PM
Well, I can.....and so can anyone else who's not biased for one team or the other
Knicks will most likely move to the second round, with or without JR, so what's the problem?

The league not having biases on certain players that's what; principle.

ManRam
04-27-2013, 10:47 PM
not KG ....geez

im talking about the front office and the refs. You with the "Im going use one of my complaints here against the refs?"

sure. that's fair.

i defend the leaguee more than most because i'm not a sensationalist.

they're far from perfect, but like i said...this suspension is both based in precedence and in accordance to the rules. why WOULDN'T i support the league here?

javsvt
04-27-2013, 10:48 PM
Where is KG in this quote?

You are saying, look at JRs eyes, there was intent. I'm saying if that's what you're going by, KG always has intent. I think you are the homer that said it.....

BigBlueCrew
04-27-2013, 10:50 PM
sure. that's fair.

i defend the leaguee more than most because i'm not a sensationalist.

they're far from perfect, but like i said...this suspension is both based in precedence and in accordance to the rules. why WOULDN'T i support the league here?

awwwww, anyone who calls the league refs bogus is a sensationalist now? :laugh:

you really need to go to bed and see yourself out of this conversation. Its really not for you buddy.

The league brings it on themselves. More than other leagues. So they have no-one to blame but themselves. Sensationalism has nothing to do with it.

oak2455
04-27-2013, 10:50 PM
So we can call it what you want bad move by JR ... Yes .... Is Terry a punk ? Yes .... Has KG done some questionable **** over the years ... Yes..... Lets move on Celts are done and on to the next series .... But for God sake stop with this seen it in his eyes ... Its just crap

TeamSeattle
04-27-2013, 10:51 PM
So we can call it what you want bad move by JR ... Yes .... Is Terry a punk ? Yes .... Has KG done some questionable **** over the years ... Yes..... Lets move on Celts are done and on to the next series .... But for God sake stop with this seen it in his eyes ... Its just crap

I seriously can't believe somebody was trying to argue for that :laugh2: :laugh2:

topdog
We won the next game against them, I think JR had over 30 points that game, JR was not intimated by Gayless.

Your post proves my point. Btw, what are you - about 12? Not trying to pick fights but "Gayless?" Really man? Grow up.

javsvt
Thank god JR isn't playing tomorrow, I would be staring at his eyes the whole game.

mzgrizz
04-27-2013, 10:53 PM
You are saying, look at JRs eyes, there was intent. I'm saying if that's what you're going by, KG always has intent. I think you are the homer that said it.....

HAHA ! A homer for the C's? Really?

ManRam
04-27-2013, 10:54 PM
awwwww, anyone who calls the league refs bogus is a sensationalist now? :laugh:

you really need to go to bed and see yourself out of this conversation. Its really not for you buddy.

The league brings it on themselves. More than other leagues. So they have no-one to blame but themselves. Sensationalism has nothing to do with it.

no. i didn't say that. refs have an impossible job. the league is often inconsistent. they often do suck.

the conspiracy theory/stern playing favorites thing is.

JR smith deserved to be suspended based on the rules and precedence. his elbow was nothing like those two KG clips.

disagree? if you do, well, you maybe need to go to bed.

javsvt
04-27-2013, 10:55 PM
Your post proves my point. Btw, what are you - about 12? Not trying to pick fights but "Gayless?" Really man? Grow up.

Yes 12, this whole thread is dumb. People defending Garnett, people posting links of the Bayless and JR, like if JR was a punk thug. I'm saying KG has been doing this for years, and homers are defending him like he is a saint. So people act like kids, I have to act like one to get my point across.

javsvt
04-27-2013, 10:56 PM
HAHA ! A homer for the C's? Really?
Sorry, you didn't see your sig. LOL

oak2455
04-27-2013, 10:56 PM

Means he's not gay ?

NYJ - NYY
04-27-2013, 10:59 PM
Is this really an argument to be had lol jr is my boy and yeah Terry's a punk and slapped hard but no need to raise elbows at that point in the game...he got suspended ok day off for jr intentional or not it was a bad decision nonetheless take the suspension on the chin no pun intended and lets end the series Sunday lets go Knicks!!!

Green_Monster
04-27-2013, 11:00 PM
Means he's not gay ?

:cricket:

ManRam
Is this really an argument to be had lol jr is my boy and yeah Terry's a punk and slapped hard but no need to raise elbows at that point in the game...he got suspended ok day off for jr intentional or not it was a bad decision nonetheless take the suspension on the chin no pun intended and lets end the series Sunday lets go Knicks!!!

exactly. the bottom line is this: it doesn't matter. no need for that, but enjoy the rest.

topdog
Means he's not gay ?

Means he doesn't have any gays? Idk, childish though and definitely not furthering his point... whatever that may be.

javsvt
04-27-2013, 11:02 PM
Agreed, hope we can win tomorrow. I have a feeling C's are gonna play hard tomorrow not to lose on their home floor. Hope I'm wrong.....

javsvt
04-27-2013, 11:05 PM
Means he doesn't have any gays? Idk, childish though and definitely not furthering his point... whatever that may be.

"fake tough guy" youtube post from you. Yeah, you made a point on that one. If you are gonna tell people to be mature, start with yourself.

topdog
04-27-2013, 11:14 PM
"fake tough guy" youtube post from you. Yeah, you made a point on that one. If you are gonna tell people to be mature, start with yourself.

I did make a point - this isn't the first time that J.R. Smith has done this. The last time, he called the other guy a "fake tough guy." So, #1: there is a precedent with his behavior in determining his punishment on this one and #2: the guy is projecting imo i.e. he is the "fake tough guy."

Kashmir13579
04-27-2013, 11:16 PM

lmfao oak
u da man holmeslizzle

TeamSeattle
04-27-2013, 11:18 PM
I did make a point - this isn't the first time that J.R. Smith has done this. The last time, he called the other guy a "fake tough guy." So, #1: there is a precedent with his behavior in determining his punishment on this one and #2: the guy is projecting imo i.e. he is the "fake tough guy."

He called somebody a fake tough guy warrants his behavior for the punishment....please tell me your joking.

TheBlackHole
04-27-2013, 11:20 PM
I don't see the big deal here, Shaq made a career out of that move

javsvt
04-27-2013, 11:26 PM

And, I asked a question about KG, and people told me to look at JRs eyes, he intended it. KG doesn't intend those elbows when he throws them. See my point, I agree with the suspension, I was merely asking the question, why doesn't KG get suspended. Maybe the refs aren't looking at his eyes enough.

ManRam
04-27-2013, 11:26 PM

i'll give you ten e-dollars if you can find me a clip of shaq elbowing someone while facing them up on the perimeter. shaq elbowed lots of dudes clearing out space while trying to grab rebounds, not intentionally on the perimeter for no reason.

again, we're comparing this to things that aren't at all like it. there is NO reason/justification for swinging your elbow towards a player's head like JR did in that situation. period. and how based on how he walked away...he's admitting guilt practically.

JR squared terry up and went in for the kill. those two KG clips at least KG was fighting for a ball or something...and wasn't even looking at the guy. JR stared at the dude and swung his elbow into him while having possession of the ball.

we're comparing apples to oranges.

javsvt
04-27-2013, 11:34 PM
JR squared terry up and went in for the kill. those two KG clips at least KG was fighting for a ball or something...and wasn't even looking at the guy. JR stared at the dude and swung his elbow into him while having possession of the ball.

we're comparing apples to oranges.
Keep defending KGs actions, I think it's comical. And I wasn't comparing, I was asking a question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnFsXfnMxao&sns=em
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP4RUHRcN3E&sns=em

Kashmir13579
04-27-2013, 11:36 PM
We're comparing apples to apples in that they are both ignorant scum-bags... I root for JR though.

KG is way more of a dirty player and the Celtics stay dirty.

Daaaarryyl
04-27-2013, 11:36 PM

Agreed. And Bogut did much worse against the Nuggets.

The NBA is the most inconsistent of the 4 major sports.

ShadyOne
04-27-2013, 11:41 PM
Just watching it again, it is possible it was done on purpose. But not so much to really connect, or hurt him, if that makes any sense...

More like to show it, guess he didn't like the swipe right before, or maybe something else that was going on during the game. Looked like if he really wanted to connect, he would have had no problems doing so. Would also like to give Terry an award for the acting job, and the following tough guy act that followed. As close as Terry was, though, if JR really wanted to, he could have landed one square on his jaw, knocked a few teeth out.

Could have also been a clear-out move, too. The way he reacted, I'd almost say it wasn't done to hurt him, or start anything. If it was, I'd figure he would have stood right there, and tried to take it further. If it was a case of JR getting angry and losing it, figure he would have been way more mad than that..

Oh well, who cares, whats done is done

ManRam
04-27-2013, 11:41 PM
Keep defending KGs actions, I think it's comical. And I wasn't comparing, I was asking a question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnFsXfnMxao&sns=em
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP4RUHRcN3E&sns=em

what was your question?

and those clips, also, are not at all similar.

NYJ - NYY
04-27-2013, 11:48 PM
Who caresssssssss

javsvt
04-27-2013, 11:48 PM
what was your question?

People are defending KG, I'm asking why isn't he suspended? People are telling me the elbows weren't intentional. I'm gonna just give up, because that is a ridiculous excuse.

ManRam
04-27-2013, 11:50 PM
People are defending KG, I'm asking why isn't he suspended? People are telling me the elbows weren't intentional. I'm gonna just give up, because that is a ridiculous excuse.

KG has a history of throwing elbows...but never has he stared a dude in the face on the perimeter (not in traffic) and swung an elbow directly into someone's face.

and, KG was suspended for a playoff game in 2010...so i don't get the whining.

maybe KG should have been suspended once or twice, but that doesn't mean this shouldn't have warranted one. end of story. move along.

KG not getting suspended for less egregious elbows does not mean that JR shouldn't have been. i don't get the argument.

ShadyOne
04-27-2013, 11:55 PM
KG has a history of throwing elbows...but never has he stared a dude in the face on the perimeter (not in traffic) and swung an elbow directly into someone's face.

and, KG was suspended for a playoff game in 2010...so i don't get the whining.

maybe KG should have been suspended once or twice, but that doesn't mean this shouldn't have warranted one. end of story. move along.

KG not getting suspended for less egregious elbows does not mean that JR shouldn't have been. i don't get the argument.

Maybe Garnett is just better, or more concerned with hiding it, so he doesn't get caught. Or so he doesn't get involved in confrontation. Watch KG play most games, you will see him do a ton of dirty stuff when he knows noone will see it. Not saying he is the only one who does stuff like that, but he definitely does..

javsvt
04-27-2013, 11:55 PM
Forget it, now someone has to look at someone before he throws an elbow to get suspended. My argument is that these two teams are playing against one another, and I see elbows from Garnett in every game, but it seems like the refs ignore it. So why doesn't he get suspended, and yes, JR deserves it. Refs have to know he is doing it, I'm sure they watch tapes or hear complaints. I'm done though, KG can throw elbows all he wants, I hope we get a sweep. Good night!

TheBlackHole
04-27-2013, 11:56 PM
What I want to know is, why is Jason Terry not being fined?

TeamSeattle
04-27-2013, 11:58 PM
What I want to know is, why is Jason Terry not being fined

Mainly because he's with the clean boy celtics and not with the thug Knicks. He was a complete saint after it happened though lol

oak2455
04-28-2013, 12:13 AM
What I want to know is, why is Jason Terry not being fined?

Because they stopped the flopping .. Ohhh nm :rolleyes:

Teufelshunde4
04-28-2013, 12:27 AM

Last time I checked the chin was attached to the face which was then bolted to the head... Let me check the internet because everything is true on there;)

xabial
04-28-2013, 12:28 AM
Terry is a *****. Wasn't as bad as Fisher's elbow to Scola in the 2009 Western Conference Semi Finals Game 2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JflyIPCuYa0

JR hit him but I feel like thats the same thing they do when they clear out with their elbows when they get a rebound. I don't know why everyone's acting like JR is one of the dirtiest player in the league. Watch the video and you'll see. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or8qsOh0czM

Captain Moroni
04-28-2013, 12:33 AM
Dumb move, now he is punished. I have no issue with that

Knicks21
04-28-2013, 12:36 AM
http://i.imgur.com/CS8vGOJ.jpg

And to add further to Garnetts case, no suspension, no fine.

League just trying to extend the series, as we will loose the next one.

xabial
04-28-2013, 12:38 AM

http://www.csnne.com/blog/celtics-talk/nba-decides-not-suspend-garnett

TeamSeattle
04-28-2013, 12:41 AM

They are always trying to create some hidden narrative. They don't want to tarnish the Celtics clean reputation and Knicks were always bad boys, so suspend him, extend the series, and make it interesting; who cares right.

KniCks4LiFe
04-28-2013, 12:53 AM
***** *** league!

We'll route the Celtics by 25 cuz' of this. :mad:

AI
04-28-2013, 12:57 AM
Watch this backfire. Whoever takes JR's minutes is going to go HAM.

QueensG_718
04-28-2013, 01:00 AM
Copesanity time

KniCks4LiFe
04-28-2013, 01:02 AM
Copesanity time

please.. Melo drops 60. :cool:

TeamSeattle
04-28-2013, 01:03 AM
please.. Melo drops 60. :cool:

No way are we blowing them out tomorrow, that I do know.

knicksfan42
04-28-2013, 01:06 AM
what was your question?

You believe that those elbows weren't intentional?

topdog
04-28-2013, 01:13 AM
He called somebody a fake tough guy warrants his behavior for the punishment....please tell me your joking.

Not quite sure what you mean here, but there were 2 - count them: 2 points I was making. The first was that Smith has a recent history of intentional elbows and that relates to punishment. The second point related to his comment and my personal opinion.

ManRam
04-28-2013, 01:57 AM
You believe that those elbows weren't intentional?

not all of them.

none were thrown face towards the player.

LOOTERX9
04-28-2013, 03:41 AM
This League continues to let me down with how soft it's become. To suspend smith a whole game for that elbow after already getting tossed from the game he was playing is just lame and pathetic. When and why has American sports become so soft? I am sick to my stomach thinking bout how soft the nba and nfl has become because of a few people in the league offices that has to always micro manage everything and wants to add new rules every season. I'm almost to the point of not watching anymore in protest

Jaded
04-28-2013, 03:46 AM
Oh well, hope that melo and our other bench players step it up tomorrow.

GiantsSwaGG
04-28-2013, 04:05 AM
Terry deserved it but it was still bushleague. Celtics might take this one

SteBO
04-28-2013, 09:04 AM
I've seen so many players do this and nothing comes about it outside of an offensive foul......not to mention that Jet flopped.

AI
04-28-2013, 10:00 AM
I've seen so many players do this and nothing comes about it outside of an offensive foul......not to mention that Jet flopped.

Most definitely a flop, plus his antics afterward and not even a fine.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?816699-R1G4-New-York-Knicks-(2)-Boston-Celtics-(7)-4-28-13-1-00-PM-ET-NY-leads-3-0&p=26074830#post26074830

Green_Monster
04-28-2013, 12:01 PM
Because they stopped the flopping .. Ohhh nm :rolleyes:

Prigioni and Smith both flopped on the same night. And that was when they didn't get an elbow to the face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9Vl3-xwvP4

Care to provied a video, where a player gets an elbow to the face on purpose?

He fell backwards because he got an unexpected elbow to the face.

2-ONE-5
04-28-2013, 12:05 PM
he should be suspended. Howard was suspended for game 6 vs the Sixers a few years ago for a similar thing to the head of Dalembert

xabial
04-28-2013, 01:23 PM
You guys just don't understand. The league is just making an example of Smith. They don't want elbows to be thrown so this was the perfect opportunity to send a message to the rest of the league by suspending "bad boy" JR. KG trying to grab and strangle Bill Walker's neck? Na. Its KG. Its the regular season. Lets let him slide. A chance to extend a playoff series AND make an example of a player that elbow throwing will not be tolerated? Sure. It wasn't that bad I've seen plays a million times worse and Jason Terry is just a little p***y b*t*h.