PDA

View Full Version : Best Matchup for Miami

Quinnsanity
04-27-2013, 08:00 PM
So now that OKC is in trouble with the Westbrook injury, who does you guys think is the best Western matchup for Miami? I'd say Memphis. Tony Allen would make life really difficult for Wade, their size would cause big issues, and I like Conley against whoever they throw on him sans LeBron. The only real issue I see for Memphis in terms of a matchup is how the hell they would deal with LeBron. Tayshaun Prince would've been useful five years ago, but now that's a real issue. Anyway, what do you guys think?

LAKobeBryant
04-27-2013, 08:18 PM
None "The Easiest Cake Walks To A Title"

JordansBulls
04-27-2013, 08:19 PM
So now that OKC is in trouble with the Westbrook injury, who does you guys think is the best Western matchup for Miami? I'd say Memphis. Tony Allen would make life really difficult for Wade, their size would cause big issues, and I like Conley against whoever they throw on him sans LeBron. The only real issue I see for Memphis in terms of a matchup is how the hell they would deal with LeBron. Tayshaun Prince would've been useful five years ago, but now that's a real issue. Anyway, what do you guys think?

The best matchup for Miami out West is probably the Thunder because it means Miami wins. Now if you mean who would be the toughest opponent for Miami I would say San Antonio due to experience and a good bench.

sportsfan222
04-27-2013, 08:20 PM
the way u worded the title, i am a bit confused at the question, because you asked who the best matchup for miami is, and i took that as who would be the easiest opponent for miami to deal with, hence the title best matchup for miami.

i think after reading ur comment though, u r trying to ask which team would give miami the most problems?

i say san antonio assuming they are healthy. they are the deepest team in the west, they got good size, they got an elite pg, the best one left in the playoffs imo, they got a bunch of guys who can shoot the 3 well, and they are coached well.

miami- san antonio would be the best matchup for nba fans, and heck id give the spurs a shot to win.

any other team vs miami, i feel wont be too exciting. denver if they made it that far may be able to steal a game at home, or 2, but that series would go 6 at most ( denver may not get out of 1st round though, let alone finals)

okc when healthy does not match up well with miami, now without westbrook forget it.

memphis plays good defense, but lack the offensive firepower, and u can only do so much to stop lebron and co, so while u may limit them, u cant stop them, and they will never outscore the heat.

clippers are soft imo, very overrated.

golden state if they somehow got to the finals, i dont see them being a threat at all, but it would be fun to watch curry.

bottom line, hope for the spurs or it will be another miami championship with ease

Chronz
04-27-2013, 08:20 PM
With Bron, having a big wing is useful, but having a DPOY bigman is even better. Grizz are a tough team for them to matchup with.

kdspurman
04-27-2013, 08:25 PM
Don't think OKC had much of a shot anyway to be perfectly honest. Out west, Spurs & Grizzlies. But, there's still a lot of ball to be played.

justinnum1
04-27-2013, 08:50 PM
Don't matter

SportsFanatic10
04-27-2013, 08:51 PM
spurs/grizz

naps
04-27-2013, 08:59 PM
OKC was never a threat to begin with (with or without Westbrook). Miami is a nightmare match up for OKC. Honestly, it hasn't changed much, if any. There are two teams out west I see matching up well against Miami: Spurs and Memphis. Out of these two Memphis is not so much because they don't have a take over type killer perimeter scorer which they will need to win a 7 game series against Miami. So if I had to fear anyone out west it's easily the Spurs. Spurs depth, experience of getting it done, coaching, and terrific offense that has the ball moving so nicely will be a big test for Miami.

TeamSeattle
04-27-2013, 09:02 PM
I misread the thread and voted for other, whoops oh well.

OceanSpray
04-27-2013, 09:02 PM
Spurs and Grizzlies at this point. Actually, NYK is a huge threat as well. The way Smith and Melo have been playing, Miami needs to find a way to slow one of them down.

sportsfan222
04-27-2013, 10:07 PM
Spurs and Grizzlies at this point. Actually, NYK is a huge threat as well. The way Smith and Melo have been playing, Miami needs to find a way to slow one of them down.

trust me, the knicks are not a threat to miami. all melo does is shoot, he plays no defense and makes no one better. he will get his pts, but the heat will suffocate the knicks with their defense.

the bigger concern for a heat fan should be the bulls next series, especially if rose feels tempted to come back even though its hard to imagine that. they play very physical and u clearly see the heat get frustrated by that. without rose, the heat will almost certainly win, but expect the bulls to put up a big fight and hit the heat hard.

MrfadeawayJB
04-27-2013, 10:55 PM
Spurs and grizz are the only teams that could beat the heat. Maybe the nuggets if there bigs were better

Quinnsanity
04-27-2013, 10:58 PM
In hindsight I realize that I worded the title wrong. I meant the toughest matchup for Miami. My bad.

WhiteHotHeat
04-27-2013, 11:28 PM
Before Kobe went down, I felt that actually it was the Lakers that could've provided the HEAT with problems if they played in the Finals. Now that the Lakers are getting swept, no team in the league should scare the HEAT. LeBron is simply too big of a matchup problem for any of these teams and the HEAT are poised to win at least 3-4 consecutive titles.

MrfadeawayJB
04-27-2013, 11:35 PM
Before Kobe went down, I felt that actually it was the Lakers that could've provided the HEAT with problems if they played in the Finals. Now that the Lakers are getting swept, no team in the league should scare the HEAT. LeBron is simply too big of a matchup problem for any of these teams and the HEAT are poised to win at least 3-4 consecutive titles.

I agree lakers w Kobe would be a nightmare for Miami on the interior

Hawkeye15
04-28-2013, 01:06 AM
The Grizz with their interior defense and offense.

c.c.
04-28-2013, 01:08 AM
Where's the "no one" option?

Clippersfan86
04-28-2013, 01:15 AM
In order...

1. Grizzlies
2. Knicks
3. Spurs
4. Clippers

Clippersfan86
04-28-2013, 01:19 AM
BTW love how NY went 3-1 vs Miami this year including two 25 point wins or w/e and not even on the poll. Pretty lame that you guys disregard NY this much even after 3 DOMINANT playoff wins so far.

lol, please
04-28-2013, 01:20 AM
Warriors would crush them.

TaylorMays
04-28-2013, 01:21 AM
BTW love how NY went 3-1 vs Miami this year including two 25 point wins or w/e and not even on the poll. Pretty lame that you guys disregard NY this much even after 3 DOMINANT playoff wins so far.

Poll is for Western Conference teams

Hoopsadvocate
04-28-2013, 01:23 AM

Nightmare? Is that why we wiped the floor with them in the reg season.?

That laker team is a failure they just don't fit together. Nash's production dropped Dwight plays good or bad based on his emotional state at the time. Kobe won't make necessary sacrifices to fit to the team instead wants it to fit to him. Gasol is the odd man out looking confused and without a proper role on the team.

The Heat figured it out when d wade made sure to support Lebron being #1 knowing he had to sacrifice shots and ball handling for the team to win. Bosh also realized he was going to have to play center and become more of a shooter to spread the floor on offense instead of staying in the paint. Heck even Lebron sacrificed shots and became more of a focused defender and post presence.

That's what u have to do adjust and the Lakers just don't get it.

bucketss
04-28-2013, 01:26 AM

not really, maybe a night mare on the glass, but their bigs have been soft as hell. not to mention they have no bench.

Jarvo
04-28-2013, 01:27 AM
Spurs/ Grizz

AI
04-28-2013, 01:32 AM
Poll is for Western Conference teams

Why though? Heat first have to beat the Bulls then face whoever wins from NY and IND (assuming the Pacers win that series). I think it's pretty weak to assume the Heat will make it to the finals when NY could make things interesting, would be a hell of a series.

Clippersfan86
04-28-2013, 02:02 AM
Apologize for that, my fail on not reading over the poll fully. I just read thread title.. and quickly browsed poll to see the teams. Although it would be more involving if it was ALL teams, not just the west.

Bruno
04-28-2013, 03:56 AM
doesn't even matter. maybe memphis. this will go down as one of the most lopsided post-seasons in NBA history.

CavsYanksDuke
04-28-2013, 04:10 AM
LMAO not listing GSW. Denver looks to be going out the door and you actually wrote really? That's great you know-it-all.

Rndy
04-28-2013, 05:15 AM
Once they get passed Chicago and Indiana they will be limping into the finals. I think both teams will really beat up Miami before losing.

meloman1592
04-28-2013, 05:47 AM
trust me, the knicks are not a threat to miami. all melo does is shoot, he plays no defense and makes no one better. he will get his pts, but the heat will suffocate the knicks with their defense.

the bigger concern for a heat fan should be the bulls next series, especially if rose feels tempted to come back even though its hard to imagine that. they play very physical and u clearly see the heat get frustrated by that. without rose, the heat will almost certainly win, but expect the bulls to put up a big fight and hit the heat hard.

Lol still living in 2011 i see

sventhedog
04-28-2013, 11:08 AM
memphis and san antonio,they have the big man to punish miami.