PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy "Buckets" Butler

dabears34ft
04-26-2013, 03:06 PM
I need the opinions of everyone on how good Jimmy "Buckets" Butler's defense is. My friends seem to think I'm biased for saying he's a top 10-20 Defender in the game today. They also say he sucks, and shouldn't be a starter in the NBA. Let me know where you rank him defensively as a SG, a SF, and overall in the NBA. 1,2,3...GO:

justinnum1
04-26-2013, 03:09 PM
I need the opinions of everyone on how good Jimmy "Buckets" Butler's defense is. My friends seem to think I'm biased for saying he's a top 10-20 Defender in the game today. They also say he sucks, and shouldn't be a starter in the NBA. Let me know where you rank him defensively as a SG, a SF, and overall in the NBA. 1,2,3...GO:

Top 10-20 sounds right. Top 10 wing defender.

These are my top 10 wing defenders in no specific order
allen
iggy
deng
moute
lebron
bradley
george
sefolosha
ak47
marion

Ezio
04-26-2013, 03:53 PM
There's a reason why he got a vote for DPOY.

dabears34ft
04-26-2013, 04:07 PM
BTW these are Cleveland fans I'm dealing with here. They didn't even know who I was talking about when referring to Butler as "Buckets". The one kids only response was repeatedly, "He ****ing Sux" and "8 PPG lol". The other one kept saying, anyone can play good D on Kobe and LeBron if they have someone helping them, call me when he can guard them 1 on 1 with no help.

I wasn't aware that Help D diminishes how someone is looked at as a defender!!!

waveycrockett
04-26-2013, 04:17 PM
He is good but he plays in a great defensive system. top 10 ?? Idk.

dabears34ft
04-26-2013, 04:23 PM
He is good but he plays in a great defensive system. top 10 ?? Idk.

Obviously not yet. At least you can't consider him top 10 yet, but he still hasn't seen a full season of PT. He started out with limited minutes this year and played more and more as the season progressed. But how can someone literally sit here and tell me he sucks!!! A CAVS FAN NONE THE LESS!!!!

72 Wins
04-26-2013, 05:05 PM
I think their is already a Butler thread? He is playing amazing with plenty of upside. He's only in his second year and a beast on defense. Once he gets more confidence with the dribble, he could be a legit #2 that the Bulls have been wanting.

For those who are using his APG know nothing about basketball.

KnickaBocka.44
04-26-2013, 05:06 PM
Obviously not yet. At least you can't consider him top 10 yet, but he still hasn't seen a full season of PT. He started out with limited minutes this year and played more and more as the season progressed. But how can someone literally sit here and tell me he sucks!!! A CAVS FAN NONE THE LESS!!!!

I thought they were all Heat fans now :confused:

I wouldn't worry about it. People who know the game know he is a good player.