PDA

View Full Version : Westbrook to undergo surgery for a torn meniscus

Pages : [1] 2

gotoHcarolina52
04-26-2013, 12:42 PM
@dailythunder

Russell Westbrook will undergo surgery for a meniscus tear in his right knee. No timetable announced.

The team says Westbrook suffered the injury in the second quarter. Yes, that's when Patrick Beverley play happened.

@daldridgetnt

Holy...Thunder announces Russell Westbrook will undergo surgery in the coming days to repair a lateral meniscus tear in right knee. No joke.

@KBergCBS

Russell Westbrook needs surgery to repair the meniscus in his right knee, Thunder announce.

@WojYahooNBA

One source close to OKC's Russell Westbrook on whether he could return from meniscus tear in this postseason: "Maybe."

Absolutely shocking. Wow.

Play where the injury occurred: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkYevpkhZYc

OKC
04-26-2013, 12:43 PM
well ****

Becks2307
04-26-2013, 12:44 PM
Wow

Wow

Wow

he never misses games!!

Isn't this the first game he has ever missed?

Becks2307
04-26-2013, 12:45 PM
Now we really get to see Durant turn into "not nice" mode. Sad to say in the wake of this, but it will be good to see what Durant can do on his own now.

NeverSayNevur
12 days

NYKnickFanatic
I dont see this reported anywhere, but if it's true, that sucks. Time for Durant to step it up.

justinnum1
04-26-2013, 12:48 PM
WOW! I think he will be out like a month. Just wow.

FYL_McVeezy
04-26-2013, 12:48 PM
Wait....what?!?!?!

GiantsSwaGG
04-26-2013, 12:50 PM
Wow

raiderposting
Sucks but now I want to see Durant have a goat run alone.

Mr Costanza
What a blow.

LakersIn5
04-26-2013, 12:51 PM
now we really get to see durant turn into "not nice" mode. Sad to say in the wake of this, but it will be good to see what durant can do on his own now.

this

raiderposting
Congrats to the heat as well.

poleandreel
hopefully patrick beverly dies now

koetravis
04-26-2013, 12:52 PM
Sucks... But this series just got that much more winnable for the Rockets.

justinnum1
04-26-2013, 12:53 PM

Before it was most likely miami would face OKC in the finals, now there are a few teams who miami can see in the finals. Depending on matchup it could be more difficult for miami...

justinnum1
04-26-2013, 12:54 PM
spears
Thunder say guard Russell Westbrook will undergo surgery in the coming days to repair a lateral meniscus tear in his right knee.

:confused: Why not get it done asap so he gets back sooner. Unless they are waiting for the swelling to subside.

2-ONE-5
holy **** the West just became even more open. Gonna find out how KD really can be now

Jarvo
Be careful what you wish for Durant, No excuses at all.

king4day

I don't think a healthy OKC was knocking off the Heat regardless.

douglas
04-26-2013, 12:55 PM
Hopefully when the surgeons perform surgery on Russell Westbrook, they repair his torn meniscus.

king4day
LAC and Memphis need to take advantage. If there was ever a chance to sneak into the finals, this is it.

(I know the Spurs can too but I don't want them to :))

Jarvo
Beverly is gonna get some hard *** fouls also the rest of the series.

Jarvo
04-26-2013, 12:57 PM
LAC and Memphis need to take advantage. If there was ever a chance to sneak into the finals, this is it.

(I know the Spurs can too but I don't want them to :))

They'll lose anyway, Spurs have an even better chance :dance:

Sucks though because Kobe & Rose arent playing already :(

JJ_JKidd
@dailythunder

@daldridgetnt

@KBergCBS

@WojYahooNBA

Absolutely shocking. Wow.

All injured team that can actually win it all:

Pg rose
Sg westbrick
Sf kobe
Pf galo
C lee

Hawkeye15
Well, I still take the Thunder in 6, and Westbrook should be back in around 2 weeks. That would be by game 3 at the latest in the next series.

Backstabber
We'll see just how good Durant is now. He's got to do it on the road in Houston. Changes the whole complexion out West.

chicagocubsfan
David Stern just opening it up for Lebron. Typical.

bucketss

if anything this might be bad for miami,, we all know miami owns the thunder.. but now the team that could have took them out last year(spurs) might finally face them.

Hawkeye15

Pg rose
Sg westbrick
Sf kobe
Pf galo
C lee

Love over Gallo

Jarvo
04-26-2013, 12:58 PM

Waiting on someone to say this lol smh

Hawkeye15
04-26-2013, 12:59 PM

are you serious?

ManRam
04-26-2013, 01:00 PM
LOL at the Stern talk :laugh:

the heat might literally be the only team to survive the season. their path is a joke, but props to them for surviving :shrug:

hope OKC flops without Russy so some of the idiots can finally get a grasp on how important/awesome he is.

chicagocubsfan
04-26-2013, 01:00 PM
are you serious?

lol. of course not.

colinskik
04-26-2013, 01:01 PM
This is a prick thing to say, but I'm glad that it happened on that Beverly play. All these players love to dribble up slowly to the ref when they're about to call a TO, thinking that the game has already stopped. Nobody should be blaming Beverly for this injury. He was just playing playoff-level D.

Plus, I really don't like Westbrook. He has a sour attitude and dresses like an idiot. Now we can really see if Durant is a superstar like the league hypes him up to be. He hasn't quite reached that level yet IMO. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Hawkeye15
lol. of course not.

That ****ing puppet master!

Jarvo
Thunder front office on Harden trade now.. "Man we ****ed up!"

redsoxknicks
04-26-2013, 01:02 PM
This is terrible, and I am sorry for Westbrook and for Thunder fans.

I just cannot abide if it is the Heat matching up against a Thunder team without him.

Hawkeye15
This is a prick thing to say, but I'm glad that it happened on that Beverly play. All these players love to dribble up slowly to the ref when they're about to call a TO, thinking that the game has already stopped. Nobody should be blaming Beverly for this injury. He was just playing playoff-level D.

Plus, I really don't like Westbrook. He has a sour attitude and dresses like an idiot. Plus, now we can really see if Durant is a superstar like the league hypes him up to be. He hasn't quite reached that level yet IMO. Will be interesting to see what happens.

this is why I hate him too!

Hawkeye15
Thunder front office of Harden trade now.. "Man we ****ed up!"

or hell, even the Maynor trade

Jarvo

Plus, I really don't like Westbrook. He has a sour attitude and dresses like an idiot. Plus, now we can really see if Durant is a superstar like the league hypes him up to be. He hasn't quite reached that level yet IMO. Will be interesting to see what happens.

That's ****ed up yo.

bucketss
04-26-2013, 01:03 PM

he hasn't reach superstar level yet?

TaylorMays
04-26-2013, 01:03 PM
This makes Perkins ***** move even bigger. Rockets still could have lost that game but would have been down 1 instead of 4 and the series could be at 1-1 with the Rockets having 2 straight home games and 3 total

FYL_McVeezy
04-26-2013, 01:04 PM

Pg rose
Sg westbrick
Sf kobe
Pf galo
C lee

Throw in Amare as a 6th man? :D

MTL_123
04-26-2013, 01:04 PM
woooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

MTL_123
04-26-2013, 01:05 PM
their goes okc's chance of making it to the finals

ManRam
04-26-2013, 01:05 PM

maynor kinda sucks though. he's better than Fish, but hardly.

Plus, I really don't like Westbrook. He has a sour attitude and dresses like an idiot. Now we can really see if Durant is a superstar like the league hypes him up to be. He hasn't quite reached that level yet IMO. Will be interesting to see what happens.

russy is perceived no different than harden or rose are perceived if he's the best guy on his team. he's as much of a star as those two IMO...maybe not rose because of his MVP, but i do think they're equals.

and he dresses fly...don't hate!

(i also love his passion...but see how it rubs those the wrong way. he's not a mean guy though)

gotoHcarolina52
04-26-2013, 01:06 PM
Here's where the injury occurred:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68FF7jKzb48

Backstabber
We'll see if Durant still is a 50/40/90 guy, won't we?

TaylorMays

I hate him because he went 1-7 from 3 and still celebrates his lone made 3 like he's a badass. He seems to do this alot too

colinskik
04-26-2013, 01:07 PM
he hasn't reach superstar level yet?

I really don't think he has in terms of his play. As far as status goes, yeah, he’s a superstar, but I’m saying that’s it’s undeserved. Every time I watch a thunder game, Westbrook dominates the experience. He always has the ball and is always making plays. Durant feels like the complacent sidekick … yet somehow it’s his team over Westbrook’s? I know I’ll get slammed for this, but I’ve been saying this since last season. Durant is not on Lebron’s level, or even Melo’s for that matter. Unless you consider JR an equal to Westbrook, Durant has a #1 talent on his team whereas the others do not.

justinnum1
04-26-2013, 01:08 PM
jackson has stepped it up, they can beat hosuton for sure in probably 6, but clippers or grizz would be super tough without westbrick

justinnum1
04-26-2013, 01:09 PM
I really don't think he has in terms of his play. As far as status goes, yeah, he’s a superstar, but I’m saying that’s it’s undeserved. Every time I watch a thunder game, Westbrook dominates the experience. He always has the ball and is always making plays. Durant feels like the complacent sidekick … yet somehow it’s his team over Westbrook’s? I know I’ll get slammed for this, but I’ve been saying this since last season. Durant is not on Lebron’s level, or even Melo’s for that matter. Unless you consider JR an equal to Westbrook, Durant has a #1 talent on his team whereas the others do not.

That's the homer in you speaking. Durant and lebron are on a level melo will never see.

colinskik
maynor kinda sucks though. he's better than Fish, but hardly.

russy is perceived no different than harden or rose are perceived if he's the best guy on his team. he's as much of a star as those two IMO...maybe not rose because of his MVP, but i do think they're equals.

and he dresses fly...don't hate!

(i also love his passion...but see how it rubs those the wrong way. he's not a mean guy though)

Dude, I understand fashion and making a statement when you’re in a position like he is, but half the time he wears loud clothing just to be loud, and looks like an idiot in doing so. Not all “quirky” fashion is good fashion.

Mr.Nate30
Spurs chances to go to the finals just increased :dance:

kylem4711
04-26-2013, 01:10 PM
woooow, clips, grizzlies, or spurs it is!!

Bob_at_york
04-26-2013, 01:11 PM
jackson has stepped it up, they can beat hosuton for sure in probably 6, but clippers or grizz would be super tough without westbrick

I was thinking the same thing.

Come on man, don't be in-appropriate

colinskik
That's the homer in you speaking. Durant and lebron are on a level melo will never see.

Your opinion means less than dirt to me. And you got some screws up in your head loose calling anyone a homer. Get over yourself, kid.

ManRam

you know you're gonna get slammed for that because you know it's just a joke of a comment (the melo part, obviously).

melo does nothing better than KD. literally nothing (aside from maybe TOV%).

MTL_123
houston now has a big shot now durant is the only player on okc that can create his own shot

ManRam
04-26-2013, 01:12 PM
Dude, I understand fashion and making a statement when you’re in a position like he is, but half the time he wears loud clothing just to be loud, and looks like an idiot in doing so. Not all “quirky” fashion is good fashion.

OK.

that's a great reason to hate a basketball player....

sep11ie
04-26-2013, 01:12 PM
Good job Beverly!

tredigs
04-26-2013, 01:13 PM
Westbrook will be back by the end of the 2nd round, if they keep it together. Meniscus tears with surgery have a very quick recovery period. WCF's at the latest.

The guys happy this happened to him are losers, but what else is new around here.

True Sports Fan
04-26-2013, 01:13 PM
Thunder will still be pretty strong with Jackson running the point until Westbrook returns. Jackson has been stepping it up recently anyways

Jarvo
04-26-2013, 01:15 PM
Spurs chances to go to the finals just increased :dance:

:clap: I think Spurs would beat them this year anyway but :dance:

colinskik
04-26-2013, 01:16 PM
you know you're gonna get slammed for that because you know it's just a joke of a comment (the melo part, obviously).

melo does nothing better than KD. literally nothing (aside from maybe TOV%).

Listen, I'm not saying that Melo is as good as Lebron. Let's just get that out of the way. And in terms of pure skill, he's not as talented as Durant, although I'd say he's close. My point is this -- Melo acts and plays like the no.1 option, whereas Durant defers to Westbrook a lot. A LOT! I want to see a Thunder team where RW defers to Durant before I crown him one of the top two players in the league.

utl768
04-26-2013, 01:17 PM
even as a heat fan its pathetic how easy our path to the title is

if we dont win, it will be the biggest upset in sports history

MTL_123
04-26-2013, 01:18 PM
Spurs and Clippers have such a good shot to make it to the finals now

Bob_at_york
Listen, I'm not saying that Melo is as good as Lebron. Let's just get that out of the way. And in terms of pure skill, he's not as talented as Durant, although I'd say he's close. My point is this -- Melo acts and plays like the no.1 option, whereas Durant defers to Westbrook a lot. A LOT! I want to see a Thunder team where RW defers to Durant before I crown him one of the top two players in the league.

what does it matter that he defers if they keep on winning?

ManRam

hahaha. you're saying a 3X scoring champion "defers too much".

basically, you're bashing him for not being like Melo and sporting a 6.8% AST%. right? HOW DARE KD NOT BE MORE OF A BALL HOG!

whatever he's doing is working...that offense is easily the league's best.

tredigs
04-26-2013, 01:19 PM

When Melo played with Iverson, Iverson outscored him on the season. Nobody will ever outscore Durant.

colinskik
OK.

that's a great reason to hate a basketball player....

It's enough of a reason to dislike a person. He's a tool. I'm sure you know a **** ton about that. :box::box::box:

THE MTL
I bet he still comes back before Derrick Rose lol. But seriously, these injuries suck. David Lee takes 8 years to make it to the playoffs and gets injured his first game and Westbrook who is arguably the best player on his team thus far in the postseason goes down as well.

BklynKnicks3
how its time to teach alot of u a lesson about these Durant and him beign better then melo because he is more efficant. Just watch the fg% dip now that the defense is focused on him more. They will still be good they are stacked but i will be watching

Avenged
And the illuminati strikes again.

MTL_123

lmao just leave this site

Carey
Margin for error just shrunk beyond belief, just gotta band together and try our best to win this round. I cant expect better coaching so it's up to our guys to step it up defensively and take better care of the ball. I think Reggie Jackson steps up and makes a name for himself in Russ's absence.

colinskik
04-26-2013, 01:20 PM
what does it matter that he defers if they keep on winning?

I'm not bashing the team in terms of success. I'm saying that a true top 2 superstar in the league should be the star of his own team.

KniCks4LiFe
04-26-2013, 01:21 PM

Patrick Beverley does not care. :cool:

BklynKnicks3
outscored him what are u smoking Melo avg 28.9 iverson avg like 26 i fu mean point total its because Melo was supsnded for the knick brawl. Then in the playoffs vs spurs melo Killed while iverson shot 36%. Get it together

colinskik
When Melo played with Iverson, Iverson outscored him on the season. Nobody will ever outscore Durant.

That's a good point, but Iverson was a player who was practically the star of the entire league. A player like Melo at that point had to defer to him somewhat merely out of respect.

EL_MACHETE
:(
Get well soon WestBrook

TeamSeattle
This happened when Patrick Beverley ran into his knee, talk about freak accident. I don't like Westbrook but I'm never happy to see a guy get injured like this.

Slug3
04-26-2013, 01:22 PM
Is this what Metta had? And he was back in like 12 days right?

Red_Pill
04-26-2013, 01:22 PM

Yes, let's hate someone for the way they dress. What do you wear? Jeans, a tee, and sneakers? Congrats, you dress boring and nobody notices you.

Anyway, Beverly is a bum. Hopefully they'll foul him REALLY hard to send him a message.

Avenged
04-26-2013, 01:23 PM
This happened when Patrick Beverley ran into his knee, talk about freak accident. I don't like Westbrook but I'm never happy to see a guy get injured like this.

Sounds exactly how Bynum got injured in the 1st place a few years back when Kobe ran onto his knee

.. hasn't recovered since.

KniCks4LiFe
04-26-2013, 01:24 PM

them the breaks. Everyone gets hurt. The Knicks didn't have a 100% full healthy roster, Bulls didn't, alot of teams, Westbrook got hurt on a freak play. If you're Houston this is blood, open that wound, Drago was hit hard today.

tredigs
04-26-2013, 01:24 PM
outscored him what are u smoking Melo avg 28.9 iverson avg like 26 i fu mean point total its because Melo was supsnded for the knick brawl. Then in the playoffs vs spurs melo Killed while iverson shot 36%. Get it together

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/DEN/2008.html

^The only year the two played a full season together. Educate yourself. Ironic too because AI outscored him in the playoffs also (their 4 game sweep), and Melo's the one who averaged 36%.

Rain City
04-26-2013, 01:25 PM

im not sure if the severity is the same but yes MCL... for westbrook who relies so much on accelerating and cutting i dont think him coming back at anything less than 90% will help the team. and for being so young you dont want him to be stupid about it.

SeoulBeatz
04-26-2013, 01:26 PM
Durant will finally be the #1 option.

I hardly noticed Durant was on the court last game even though he still got his.

I want to see him drop 40 on the rockets like i know he's capable of, he was deferring to westbrook way to much anyways.

kdspurman
04-26-2013, 01:26 PM
Pretty unfortunate for WB. Don't know what the return is, obviously Metta came back super quick (though his game is different than WB's). Chase was out 3.5 months... who knows how long WB will be out, and whether they even risk bringing him back. I think OKC can still beat Houston.

It'll be interesting, Reggie Jackson in the games I've watched has looked solid, and seems like a good decision maker when he has the ball. He's got a big opportunity now. I'm sure Durant will be fine, and he may be forced to take some shots he normally doesn't, for the betterment of the team.

tredigs
04-26-2013, 01:27 PM
Again, people, Westbrook could be back as early as the 2nd round.

TeamSeattle
04-26-2013, 01:27 PM
Sorry Durant but you won't be winning the title this year.

colinskik
04-26-2013, 01:29 PM

I hardly noticed Durant was on the court last game even though he still got his.

I want to see him drop 40 on the rockets like i know he's capable of, he was deferring to westbrook way to much anyways.

THis is what I'm talking about. Why some people can't see this is beyond me. I'm excited to see Durant as the true leader of his team. Then I can finally give him the respect that I've been wanting to give him. Unless, of course, he can't get it done, then he'll be seen through a more realistic lens.

zeppelin6601
04-26-2013, 01:29 PM
They say it could just be a couple of weeks, or a couple of months depending on the severity of the injury. Given how god damn long the playoffs are, I say the chances of him returning to the finals (assuming they make it) are favorable.

kdspurman
04-26-2013, 01:30 PM
Richard Brushett ‏@Killerrocky 38m
@danmccarneysaen I'm hearing that Westbrook is out 4 postseason with a torn meniscus. Friend of mine works w/ team doctor. @OKCThunderProbs

Take it with a grain of salt, when these things happen obviously there are timetables thrown out there that aren't always accurate.

Baller1
04-26-2013, 01:32 PM
Hell yeah, KD time.

tredigs
04-26-2013, 01:32 PM
Take it with a grain of salt, when these things happen obviously there are timetables thrown out there that aren't always accurate.

For what it's worth, I've had 2 friends with a torn meniscus when I played college soccer. Both had the surgery and were back before the end of the month. I want to say 3 weeks. Which in NBA playoff talk would be the end of round 2. Obviously each case is slightly unique though.

D-Leethal
04-26-2013, 01:33 PM
Time to see what Durant looks like without a top 10 player next to him keeping D honest. Dude will be facing doubles and triples every possession now. Going to be very interesting.

West just opened up. Teams like Clips/Grizz/Nuggets need to turn it up a notch a realize this is pretty much their 1994-1995 without a dominant Bulls team. The B teams have a real shot this year.

Bob_at_york

Really? Man I should have gotten my meniscus fixed years ago!

ambisme56

Pg rose
Sg westbrick
Sf kobe
Pf galo
C lee

PG: Rose
SG: Westbrook
SF: Kobe
PF: Love
C: Bynum

DR_1
04-26-2013, 01:34 PM
Sorry, not the best joke comment. My bad

DR_1
04-26-2013, 01:35 PM
Really? Man I should have gotten my meniscus fixed years ago!

:laugh2:

QueensG_718
This is a blessing in disguise. Lets see if durant has it in him to flourish on his own and carry a team. Maybe take more then 20 shots a game. Bout dam time.

bonesaw4343
Pretty unfortunate for WB. Don't know what the return is, obviously Metta came back super quick (though his game is different than WB's). Chase was out 3.5 months... who knows how long WB will be out, and whether they even risk bringing him back. I think OKC can still beat Houston.

It'll be interesting, Reggie Jackson in the games I've watched has looked solid, and seems like a good decision maker when he has the ball. He's got a big opportunity now. I'm sure Durant will be fine, and he may be forced to take some shots he normally doesn't, for the betterment of the team.

I'm interested to see Jackson get more minutes too. As a Thunder fan I get to see him a lot and he has a play style very similar to Westbrook, but obviously not on that level. He has shown a lot of growth from last season to this season and is turning into a very good backup himself.

tredigs
04-26-2013, 01:36 PM
PS: The next game will be the first basketball game Westbrook has ever missed.

kdspurman
04-26-2013, 01:37 PM
For what it's worth, I've had 2 friends with a torn meniscus when I played college soccer. Both had the surgery and were back before the end of the month. I want to say 3 weeks. Which in NBA playoff talk would be the end of round 2. Obviously each case is slightly unique though.

Yea, I'm sure and even MWP did it recently. But when you consider he's in the prime of his career, I could see OKC not wanting to risk it.

I remember Pop decided to not play Tim in the playoffs after he tore the lateral meniscus in his left knee in 2000. (at the end of the season, game 78) Tim was running sprints, and practically begging to play in the playoffs, but they elected against it. So when you have someone that is in WB's position, who means so much to OKC, I could totally see them not risking it.

Then again, not everyone is as paranoid as Pop, so who knows...

tredigs
04-26-2013, 01:37 PM
Some fans are so pumped at the prospect of KD shooting a ton more. MOAR POINTZZZ!!

They're a much worse team without RW, that much is guaranteed. KD will kill it, though.

KniCks4LiFe
04-26-2013, 01:39 PM
LOLS at the OKC twitter people trying to act like thugs. Beverley plays in Houston. He's Chicago born. Sit the **** down. :laugh2:

OceanSpray
http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/9214995/russell-westbrook-oklahoma-city-thunder-knee-surgery

Wow, biggest news in the NBA this season.. Crazy, now Durant is unleashed. No more excuses, Durant, make it happen. Beverley really did a damage.. Wow, so unexpected!

tredigs
Yea, I'm sure and even MWP did it recently. But when you consider he's in the prime of his career, I could see OKC not wanting to risk it.

I remember Pop decided to not play Tim in the playoffs after he tore the lateral meniscus in his left knee in 2000. (at the end of the season, game 78) Tim was running sprints, and practically begging to play in the playoffs, but they elected against it. So when you have someone that is in WB's position, who means so much to OKC, I could totally see them not risking it.

Then again, not everyone is as paranoid as Pop, so who knows...

Well, they also might not be in the playoffs still. That's a very real possibility. Western conference is not the ideal spot to lose your 2nd best player in the first week of playoffs (as a Warrior fan, I'm feeling this right now).

Captain Moroni
04-26-2013, 01:41 PM
12 days

no way no how. three weeks minimum.

colinskik
04-26-2013, 01:41 PM
Some fans are so pumped at the prospect of KD shooting a ton more. MOAR POINTZZZ!!

They're a much worse team without RW, that much is guaranteed. KD will kill it, though.

People just want to see how a "superstar" performs when he's asked to the the no. 1, 2, and 3 option. A lot of other stars in the league take on this task, now we get to see KD do it.

Captain Moroni
04-26-2013, 01:42 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/9214995/russell-westbrook-oklahoma-city-thunder-knee-surgery

Wow, biggest news in the NBA this season.. Crazy, now Durant is unleashed. No more excuses, Durant, make it happen. Beverley really did a damage.. Wow, so unexpected!

Kobe was a pretty big news story as well

OceanSpray
04-26-2013, 01:44 PM
Kobe was a pretty big news story as well

Nah, this is definitely the biggest. Kobe getting injured was always a possibility and even then, no one had the Lakers winning it. OKC has a chance and their star player gets injured. Heck, OKC might even lose to Houston without Westbrook. One less person to guard, all attention to KD. Let's see if KD can step it up. No more "He can't do what LBJ isn't doing because Westbrook".

BKLYNpigeon
04-26-2013, 01:45 PM
Sucks for OKC to not have Harden now...

Slug3
04-26-2013, 01:45 PM
Out of all the teams to go injury free how is it the freaking Heat? Their franchise and city full of morons about as intelligent as your average monkey.

That's a little harsh, lol

Captain Moroni
04-26-2013, 01:47 PM
Every team in the playoffs is an injury away from disaster, We all know it, and pray it doesn't affect our team.

1. With Rose, bulls are serious contenders right now
2. With Westbrook OKC was the odds on favorite to win the west
3. With Kobe the Lakers at least had a punchers chance
4. With Lee, Golden State could surprise anyone
5. With Rondo the Celtics are veteran Scary to face in the postseason
6. With Amare the knicks are as deep as anyone
7. With Granger the Pacers are right there

These things happen, and it probably wont be the last one this season.

Avenged
04-26-2013, 01:47 PM

Depending on the severity. Any idea how serious it is? He could come back rather fast if he's fortunate, but he could also be out longer.

justinnum1
04-26-2013, 01:48 PM
hahaha. you're saying a 3X scoring champion "defers too much".

basically, you're bashing him for not being like Melo and sporting a 6.8% AST%. right? HOW DARE KD NOT BE MORE OF A BALL HOG!

whatever he's doing is working...that offense is easily the league's best.

huh? OKC is on par with miami's offense. If anything miami's is better.
http://stats.nba.com/?GameScope=Season&PlayerOrTeam=Team&StatCategory=Scoring%20Breakdown

Captain Moroni
Out of all the teams to go injury free how is it the freaking Heat? Their franchise and city full of morons about as intelligent as your average monkey.

You should be embarrassed at yourself for making such a comment.

QueensG_718
Durant jinxed himself with the i dont want to be 2nd anymore. Immediately after westbrook goes down lol. You cant make this stuff up. There you go kd!

Khri
04-26-2013, 01:49 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooo.............. :(

Backstabber
04-26-2013, 01:49 PM

Metta's game is slightly different than Westbrook's ;)

akagiredsuns
04-26-2013, 01:50 PM
Well, I still take the Thunder in 6, and Westbrook should be back in around 2 weeks. That would be by game 3 at the latest in the next series.

You obviously have no idea what a torn meniscus in a knee is. He's out easily longer than two weeks. Get off ur denial horse and deal with the reality of the situation. Swelling has to go down before any surgery is even done. Lol two weeks. Fail! :facepalm:

justinnum1
04-26-2013, 01:52 PM

Yea, U mad. (http://i.imgur.com/OIiLlex.gif) :laugh2:

waveycrockett
04-26-2013, 01:52 PM
Honestly I'm a big believer in Reggie Jackson. I think the kid can be a star

Lakers + Giants
04-26-2013, 01:53 PM
MWP had surgery and came back 12 days later.

I believe it was the same injury as well. Westbrook will be back.

Captain Moroni
04-26-2013, 01:54 PM
Depending on the severity. Any idea how serious it is? He could come back rather fast if he's fortunate, but he could also be out longer.

I have had this same injury on both of my knee's about 3 years apart. I play basketball 5 days a week and I'm more of an Oakley type rather than a speedy guard. It took me 2 months to even lightly run without pain. Yes, you are up and walking in a week to ten days, but playing basketball? and NBA style basketball? Dream all you want, Russell Westbrook is out for the year. Book it. Sad it had to happen, but there is no way he will be playing in 10 days to 2 weeks. Impossible. That is just some optimistic team spokesman spinning some positive "No worries" lie.

tredigs
04-26-2013, 01:54 PM
People just want to see how a "superstar" performs when he's asked to the the no. 1, 2, and 3 option. A lot of other stars in the league take on this task, now we get to see KD do it.

He will still be better than Melo, as usual, that's all you have to know. And all it seems you care about. But yes, game on for OKC --

waveycrockett
04-26-2013, 01:55 PM

Difference is all Ron Artest is asked to do is to stand in the corner and shoot 3's and act like he can still play defense.

Quietmoney
04-26-2013, 01:55 PM

I just love how everyone thinks the Heat will be handed a trip to the finals. We are going to take you out right after we take out the Pacers and I'm promising you it will be over quick. You think that you have a flawless team because you got Lebron on it. Think you better stop counting chickens and check up on the ever declining Wade and what kind of shape he gonna be in by that time. The Bucs are the worst 8th seeded team I've ever watched, the next two rounds the competition will increase drastically.

Khri
04-26-2013, 01:56 PM

I am not surprised a Chicago fan make this comment.

kdspurman

They're at 2 different points of their career, so shutting down Westbrook as a precaution wouldn't be totally out of the question. Especially with the way he plays

yaswaggin
hel be back at the end of the 2nd round or beginning of 3rd round

if they even get that far

colinskik
04-26-2013, 01:58 PM
He will still be better than Melo, as usual, that's all you have to know. And all it seems you care about. But yes, game on for OKC --

Way to make stupid assumptions, multiple stupid assumptions. Stick to talking about what you think, not what I think. All I want to see is a superstar perform like one. This makes the playoffs way more exciting this year IMO.

ghettosean
Westbrook going down is the best thing that could have happened to KD right now... We need to see this kid play ball and be the #1 guy on that team. Westy takes too many shots... In the finals last year vs the heat KD's worst game was getting 28 points off of 47% FG percentage and Westbrook was taking equal or more shots in the series :facepalm:

If you hit 1 out of every 2 shots why the ******* do you not shoot the ball more, demand the ball more. This needed to happen for KD to see the light here. This will hopefully force him out of being Mr NiceGuy and get him to realise that if his team has any chance do go anywhere (when westy is back or not) he's got to be the man and demand the ball.

PERIOD!

waveycrockett
They're at 2 different points of their career, so shutting down Westbrook as a precaution wouldn't be totally out of the question. Especially with the way he plays

Exactly they aren't going to RG3 this kid they just gave him $90 Milliion

Heediot
04-26-2013, 02:01 PM
His return is contingent on severity obviously.

Artest = 2 Weeks

Eric Bledsoe was 6-8 weeks

Cp3 was most of the season. After that he wasn't the same player prior to injury. He was a beast attacking the rim like Westbrook. Basically he was Westbrook with Brains (a little less speed and athleticism).

tredigs
04-26-2013, 02:03 PM
Way to make stupid assumptions, multiple stupid assumptions. Stick to talking about what you think, not what I think. All I want to see is a superstar perform like one. This makes the playoffs way more exciting this year IMO.
Says the kid happy that a superstar is injured. A player who clearly makes them the better team. Stfu with all your blathering dude.

DR_1
04-26-2013, 02:04 PM
You should be embarrassed at yourself for making such a comment.

Relax I was just screwing around, I'll edit it

DR_1
04-26-2013, 02:05 PM
Yea, U mad. (http://i.imgur.com/OIiLlex.gif) :laugh2:

Like I said, was meant to be a joke, I edited it. Not one of my better ones.

colinskik
Says the kid happy that a superstar is injured. A player who clearly makes them the better team. Stfu with all your blathering dude.

The hell are you talking about? I want to see KD be the no. 1 guy like I think he can be. What's your f'n issue with that. Shut your mouth.

Plus, I'm not an OKC fan. I'm a Durant fan. So I don't care how successful they are as a team. I want to see some fantastic individual play.

numba1CHANGsta
Double-team Durant is the new game plan, I dont see OKC getting out of the 2nd round now

tredigs
04-26-2013, 02:06 PM
His return is contingent on severity obviously.

Artest = 2 Weeks

Eric Bledsoe was 6-8 weeks

Cp3 was most of the season. After that he wasn't the same player prior to injury. He was a beast attacking the rim like Westbrook. Basically he was Westbrook with Brains (a little less speed and athleticism).
Considering Westbrook played the 2nd half of the game, it's fair to assume it was not significant. Considering that he is very young and - based on never missing a game in his life - very durable and responds well to minor injuries, I'd also say recovery can be expected quickly.

All assumptions on my end, but I would not be surprised to see Westbrook stroll out there for game 5 against SAS.

In other news, people realize KD has been getting double teamed all his life, right? They've been forced to relent on it slightly this season as his passing improved and was giving OKC too many easy looks. That's the only difference I saw.

IKnowHoops
04-26-2013, 02:12 PM

Iverson is a 4 time scoring champ

OceanSpray
04-26-2013, 02:12 PM
Westbrook going down is the best thing that could have happened to KD right now... We need to see this kid play ball and be the #1 guy on that team. Westy takes too many shots... In the finals last year vs the heat KD's worst game was getting 28 points off of 47% FG percentage and Westbrook was taking equal or more shots in the series :facepalm:

If you hit 1 out of every 2 shots why the ******* do you not shoot the ball more, demand the ball more. This needed to happen for KD to see the light here. This will hopefully force him out of being Mr NiceGuy and get him to realise that if his team has any chance do go anywhere (when westy is back or not) he's got to be the man and demand the ball.

PERIOD!

You can't be serious if you think OKC without WB is better. It's unimaginably painful to even think this way.

NYG+Braves
04-26-2013, 02:16 PM
Well this just made the Heats road to the championship even easier.

archdevil84
04-26-2013, 02:17 PM
wade also needing knee treatment. hope for the best for both players and speedy recovery for westy

colinskik
04-26-2013, 02:18 PM
You can't be serious if you think OKC without WB is better. It's unimaginably painful to even think this way.

Seems like he's saying what a lot of people here are saying. This is finally the moment when we see how Durant performs as the true no. 1 option. Should be exciting, and probably remarkable at times, if we all believe Durant is as good as he's hyped up to be.

sunsfan88
The people that constantly hate on Westbrook will now see how valuable he is.

tredigs
Iverson is a 4 time scoring champ

A guy who once won the scoring title shooting 39% from the field and 29% from three. How? He shot 28 times a game. Westbrook would also be an inevitable scoring champ if he shot 25+ times a game rather than 19. And without KD, trust me, he would.

Chronz
04-26-2013, 02:27 PM
They're at 2 different points of their career,
Yea, Westbrook is in his prime, Metta was old. Thats a good thing, the fact that OKC is contending makes it easier to bring him back.

so shutting down Westbrook as a precaution wouldn't be totally out of the question. Especially with the way he plays
Why would they punt their championship hope for such a precaution?

JiffyMix88
04-26-2013, 02:29 PM

I think a lot of people are about to see how unvaluable he is and how OKC made the wrong decision in keeping him instead of Harden.

gotoHcarolina52

A lengthy ban is in order

Teeboy1487
Not that anyone was stopping the Heat anyway, but it just got too easy for them.

JiffyMix88
04-26-2013, 02:31 PM
A lengthy ban is in order

Is what he said not true?

kdspurman
04-26-2013, 02:32 PM
Yea, Westbrook is in his prime, Metta was old. Thats a good thing, the fact that OKC is contending makes it easier to bring him back.

Why would they punt their championship hope for such a precaution?

I'm just saying if they bring him back, and he got injured again.... Was it really worth it at that point for his long term future? He's too valuable to his team, compared to Metta.

I brought up how Pop did it with Timmy in 2000 for the same injury, sat him for the playoffs despite them defending their title, and Duncan being ready to play. (Presti is part of the Spurs family tree of course) It would not be a total shock if they played it safe, and called it a season for him. It's not like they won't be in the hunt again for the upcoming years.

This is all depending on the severity of course, no one has put out any timetable, or whether it's minor or not to the best of my knowledge.

TeamSeattle
04-26-2013, 02:32 PM
Not that anyone was stopping the Heat anyway, but it just got too easy for them.

*cough* Knicks

Lakers + Giants
04-26-2013, 02:33 PM
Difference is all Ron Artest is asked to do is to stand in the corner and shoot 3's and act like he can still play defense.

Sort of like Gerald Wallace huh?

:rimshot:

Aust
04-26-2013, 02:34 PM
Unbelievable.

The Heat catch another break on their way to a second championship. Tbh, I believe the Heat would beat the Thunder with a healthy Westbrook, but now this isn't even worth watching. I'd like for things to be at least a little competitive.

ccg34
04-26-2013, 02:37 PM
Heat was gonna run through them with Westbrook anyway. I'm hoping the rockets can pull this series off. #Beardsanity

LongWayFromHome
04-26-2013, 02:39 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/DEN/2008.html

^The only year the two played a full season together. Educate yourself. Ironic too because AI outscored him in the playoffs also (their 4 game sweep), and Melo's the one who averaged 36%.

however, to the point of your original argument, melo had a higher USG than AI that season. And isn't that what this is about? whether or not melo deferred to AI? Melo had more shot attempts, higher usg (and a higher pts per 36).

Now as far as I'm concerned none of that is really a compliment to Melo. But the original argument WAS - durant defers when melo doesn't -

NoahH
04-26-2013, 02:40 PM
I also see him coming back in 2-3 ish weeks. Maybe putting him at game 6 in the Memphis / LAC v OKC series?

ccg34
04-26-2013, 02:41 PM
Thunder ain't getting past SA, Mem, Den, or LAC without Westbrook. Houston may now have the advantage. They got Reggie Jackson and Derek Fisher running the point.

LongWayFromHome
04-26-2013, 02:42 PM
I'm just saying if they bring him back, and he got injured again.... Was it really worth it at that point for his long term future? He's too valuable to his team, compared to Metta.

I brought up how Pop did it with Timmy in 2000 for the same injury, sat him for the playoffs despite them defending their title, and Duncan being ready to play. (Presti is part of the Spurs family tree of course) It would not be a total shock if they played it safe, and called it a season for him. It's not like they won't be in the hunt again for the upcoming years.

This is all depending on the severity of course, no one has put out any timetable, or whether it's minor or not to the best of my knowledge.

What's he gonna do? re-tear his meniscus? He would just undergo the same surgery and this time would have the entire offseason to recover.

Bruno
04-26-2013, 02:43 PM
I wonder if he'll be back before OKC is bumped, or before the finals. if not, the miami cake walk continues in a post-season devastated by injuries.

bleedprple&gold
04-26-2013, 02:45 PM
I didn't watch the game, did this come as a total shock? Was he even limping or anything after the play? I see he still scored 29 points. He should try to play through it.

lvblay3
04-26-2013, 02:47 PM
Heat was gonna run through them with Westbrook anyway. I'm hoping the rockets can pull this series off. #Beardsanity

KEEP hoping.. Just like your pathetic city trying to get a NBA Francise again....:sigh:

TeamSeattle
I didn't watch the game, did this come as a total shock? Was he even limping or anything after the play? I see he still scored 29 points. He should try to play through it.

He was limping a bit after it happened but you can still play on a tear considering adrenal in game etc. The only way he comes back is if its not a tear and shaving needs to be done because if it is an actual tear he's done for the playoffs officially.

chicagocubsfan
Watch Nike make another joke about Adidas.

kdspurman
04-26-2013, 02:48 PM
What's he gonna do? re-tear his meniscus? He would just undergo the same surgery and this time would have the entire offseason to recover.

If there's loose still any loose cartilage flapping around in his knee, The joint could lock up at any moment. (this is what I read)

I'm not a Dr. but i can't imagine anyone having surgery and things just being "fully" back to normal right away, which is what I gathered from your response... Especially when you consider how hard WB goes every night.

OceanSpray
04-26-2013, 02:49 PM
Yes, this is good for Durant as an individual because he can boost up his stats. However, the team itself is not better. Harden vs Durant is far better than Harden vs Durant/Westbrook.

ccg34
No need to knock my city like that. I'm a big Lin and Harden fan. Is it wrong for me to cheer on my favorite team? I got much love for KD.

still1ballin
Wow, I hope he can come back from this. If Artest who is much older than him can come back 12 days after surgery than Westbrook can do it too.

I am pulling for them to win the championships. I would like to see Durant win one.

tredigs
04-26-2013, 02:50 PM
however, to the point of your original argument, melo had a higher USG than AI that season. And isn't that what this is about? whether or not melo deferred to AI? Melo had more shot attempts, higher usg (and a higher pts per 36).

Now as far as I'm concerned none of that is really a compliment to Melo. But the original argument WAS - durant defers when melo doesn't -

They averaged the same attempts (AI with more FTA's and more than double the assist total). AI in general just played more than Melo, which is why you see the USG% higher for Melo. It was definitely not Melo's show there, though. They were sharing it.

The whole premise of the argument is dumb, though. People see not shooting as "weak" in this NBA, despite the fact that he still easily outscores Westbrook while upping his playmaking and overall game. There's much more to the game than ESPN likes to pound into people. Hence, them being better than everyone's favorite team outside of Miami (for now).

Guppyfighter
04-26-2013, 02:50 PM
Road to the Finals: Warriors Edition

lol In all seriousness I hope this doesn't become a problem for him. I like the Thunder.

The first round should be easy for the Thunder, but the second round without him could prove to be a problem.

ccg34
04-26-2013, 02:52 PM
Wow, I hope he can come back from this. If Artest who is much older than him can come back 12 days after surgery than Westbrook can do it too.

I am pulling for them to win the championships. I would like to see Durant win one.

Artest is a crazy man though. I remember Lin took month to heal. LOL

colinskik
04-26-2013, 02:53 PM
As soon as it happened RW was pissed and slammed his hand on the scorers table. Then he proceeded to be a dick to Beverly, including one time when Beverly tried to help him up and he slapped his hand away. His play though looked fine. I guess he was running on adrenaline.

Guppyfighter
Are Thunder fans ready for 30 minutes from Derek ****ing Fisher.

LongWayFromHome
If there's loose still any loose cartilage flapping around in his knee, The joint could lock up at any moment. (this is what I read)

I'm not a Dr. but i can't imagine anyone having surgery and things just being "fully" back to normal right away, which is what I gathered from your response... Especially when you consider how hard WB goes every night.

obviously not right away. Aren't they saying 2-3 weeks possibly?

QueensG_718
04-26-2013, 02:54 PM

In turn see how and if kd can carry a team when more responsibility is put on his scronny *** shoulders.

Knick_Fever
04-26-2013, 02:54 PM
He'll be back in time for the WCF, thunder wont need him in order to get that far. I think Reggie Jackson will step up big time w/more minutes going to him. I dont think this is as big of a deal as everyone's making it out to be. They still sweep Rockets.

bleedprple&gold
04-26-2013, 02:55 PM
He was limping a bit after it happened but you can still play on a tear considering adrenal in game etc. The only way he comes back is if its not a tear and shaving needs to be done because if it is an actual tear he's done for the playoffs officially.

I remember reading somewhere that Metta's meniscus was removed and that's why he recovered so quickly. Maybe they can do that with Westbrook but it might not be a good long term solution for his career with no meniscus.

Guppyfighter
04-26-2013, 02:56 PM
I am critical of Westbrook's decision making, but he is obviously important to the Thunder and having Jackson or Fisher play 30 minutes of PG is not good.

This could prove to be problematic in the second round vs the Clippers or Grizzlies.

colinskik
04-26-2013, 02:57 PM
They averaged the same attempts (AI with more FTA's and more than double the assist total). AI in general just played more than Melo, which is why you see the USG% higher for Melo. It was definitely not Melo's show there, though. They were sharing it.

The whole premise of the argument is dumb, though. People see not shooting as "weak" in this NBA, despite the fact that he still easily outscores Westbrook while upping his playmaking and overall game. There's much more to the game than ESPN likes to pound into people. Hence, them being better than everyone's favorite team outside of Miami (for now).

I don’t think KD is “weak” for not shooting as much. But if you watch a game casually, Westbrook is the more dominating player, is he not? Of course, what KD does in terms of subtleties is very important, but it’s going to be nice to see KD have to do it all if they expect to get anywhere.

Chronz
04-26-2013, 02:57 PM

Yeah you're prolly right, guess I just want him back.

Do you think Duncan would have played that year if the Spurs make it beyond R1? What if Duncan had a few more weeks?

LongWayFromHome
04-26-2013, 02:58 PM

I agree with this 100%. Poor shot selection is stupid. Take a look at Serge Ibaka's 3pt shooting, 20/57 this year 35%. This is because he attempts threes when they are wide open, in the flow of the offense and there is not an immediate better shot available. That is good basketball. The notion that attempting more shots makes you better is so incredibly stupid. The Durant-Westbrook problem is not an "on-the-court" Durant problem, its a coaching and or "on-the-court" Westbrook problem.

All I was saying in my post is that according to the argument he was making - melo doesn't defer - the season's with Iverson don't change that, Melo still didn't defer, even in the playoffs (which btw his advanced stats are absolutely laughable for those 4 games).

TeamSeattle
04-26-2013, 03:00 PM
I remember reading somewhere that Metta's meniscus was removed and that's why he recovered so quickly. Maybe they can do that with Westbrook but it might not be a good long term solution for his career with no meniscus.

Yea there are a ton of variants with meniscus repairing, shaving, removing etc. We won't know until more specific details are known.

Treatment of a Meniscus Tear

Treatment of a meniscus tear depends on several factors including the type of tear, the activity level of the patient, and the response to simple treatment measures. When surgical treatment of a meniscus tear is required, the usual treatment is to trim the torn portion of meniscus, a procedure called a meniscectomy. Meniscus repair and meniscal transplantation are also surgical treatment options. Determining the most appropriate meniscus tear treatment is something you can discuss with your doctor.

kdspurman
04-26-2013, 03:02 PM
obviously not right away. Aren't they saying 2-3 weeks possibly?

No one knows, it hasn't been put out the severity of it, so it's not yet knowin if it's weeks, or months. And I exaggerated with right away, but I mean like I said with his explosiveness, and sort of wreckless abandon on the court, idk... Who knows man, like i said I'm no dr, so I don't know how this will affect his game.

Chase Buddinger missed several months with this too, so it's just a matter of finding out the severity I guess.

LongWayFromHome
04-26-2013, 03:04 PM

I think most people realize he is a very good player and don't think that simply removing him from the team would make the team better. They are just pointing out that he doesn't understand how important it would be to give durant 2-3 extra shots per game rather than himself.

kdspurman
04-26-2013, 03:04 PM
Yeah you're prolly right, guess I just want him back.

Do you think Duncan would have played that year if the Spurs make it beyond R1? What if Duncan had a few more weeks?

It's possible..But from Pop's word it didn't sound like it. I would like to see WB back too for sure. And I could see him coming back. But I'd understand if they shut him down

"He was young, a franchise player," Popovich said. "He wasn't just a No. 1 pick. With him, you've got an opportunity to win multiple championships, if you don't screw it up. I didn't know if [the injury] could get worse, or get chronic."

Popovich liked his team, and he liked its chances. He just liked Duncan even more. He told Duncan to shut it down.

"I don't know if it was right or wrong," Popovich said. "But we did it."

heyman321
04-26-2013, 03:15 PM
I hope the Rockets makea comeback and beat them.

nycericanguy
04-26-2013, 03:17 PM
Isn't this the same injury that Lin had? And Lin didn't want to come back even after 6 weeks... heck he was complaining about it almost a year after the surgery.

lavilevi23
04-26-2013, 03:19 PM
OKC you later...! :dance:

DillyDill
04-26-2013, 03:20 PM
Wow that's a key lose, why is every star player being affected by that injury bug??

Jarvo
04-26-2013, 03:23 PM
For all you saying "Oh it's good for Durant" yeah because the comments he made we all want to see him on his own, But he won't get out the West nor win The Finals if Westbrook isn't there playing with him.

tp13baby
04-26-2013, 03:31 PM
Every team in the west is hurt by injuries.
Westbrook
Hobbled Parker
Gallo
David Lee
Kobe

That's an allstar team that's injured.

OceanSpray
04-26-2013, 03:48 PM
Wow that's a key lose, why is every star player being affected by that injury bug??

Tougher competition.

mrblisterdundee
04-26-2013, 03:57 PM
I bet they wish they had kept Eric Maynor, because Derek Fisher probably won't be rekindling any magic.

DillyDill
04-26-2013, 03:59 PM
Tougher competition.

That's crazzy man ,well I guess a spurs vs heat finals well be interesting

still1ballin
04-26-2013, 04:00 PM
Westbrook
Hobbled Parker
Gallo
David Lee
Kobe

The whole NBA actually. Except for the Heat of course.

In the east you have

Indy - Granger
Knicks - Amare
Nets - Deron Williams (not 100% healthy)
Bulls - Rose/Noah
Celtics - Rondo

nycericanguy
04-26-2013, 04:06 PM

In the east you have

Indy - Granger
Knicks - Amare
Bulls - Rose/Noah
Celtics - Rondo

Lol, the season long DWil excuse...

Very few players are 100% healthy at this time

ghettosean
04-26-2013, 04:10 PM

In the long term for Durant to grow as a player yes I think they are better off right now... For this years playoff run they are hurt but longterm this is a good thing in my opinion.

naps
04-26-2013, 04:14 PM

In the east you have

Indy - Granger
Knicks - Amare
Bulls - Rose/Noah
Celtics - Rondo

None would've really mattered. Heat was all injured last year during the playoffs (both Wade and Bosh) but still won it all. This year they are even better; In fact, this is one of a lifetime team. Injury happens. Don't make it look like an excuse.

naps
04-26-2013, 04:16 PM
In the long term for Durant to grow as a player yes I think they are better off right now... For this years playoff run they are hurt but longterm this is a good thing in my opinion.

You mean replacing Westbrook with a similar all-star caliber guard right? I sure as hell hope you are not saying this Durant is better off playing on this exact OKC team minus Westbrook.

Triple_Ocho
04-26-2013, 04:19 PM
I also see him coming back in 2-3 ish weeks. Maybe putting him at game 6 in the Memphis / LAC v OKC series?

That would be a miracle... He's out for 5-6 minimum...

ghettosean
04-26-2013, 04:22 PM

PERIOD!

Again just to say I don't think the team is currently more talented without Westbrook he is an atheltic freak of nature and just causes trouble all over the place for opponents but my problem is that no matter how hot Durant is Westbrook somehow finds a way to take equal amounts or more shots than KD if he's hot or not.

This needs to stop and I'm hoping that Durnat will figure this out on his solo run without Westy... Dude is now the 2nd best player in the NBA behind Lebron and he is definately the best pure scorer in the game today period. He needs to stop defering to his teammates and demand the rock because I don't think other greats like Jordan was letting Pippen take more shots than him it's ludicous to even think this.

KD best scorer in the game today... See the light bro! See the light if you want to get the ring anytime soon!!!

again --> PERIOD!

Edit***

Besides at this point what the heck else can you hope for anyway but for KD to get some good experience out of this scenario. Crying for Westy won't help anyone at this point.

ghettosean
04-26-2013, 04:23 PM
You mean replacing Westbrook with a similar all-star caliber guard right? I sure as hell hope you are not saying this Durant is better off playing on this exact OKC team minus Westbrook.

See above post for clairification.

29$JerZ
04-26-2013, 04:24 PM
That sucks for OKC. At least we get to see how Durant plays without Russ.
This pretty much means my Spurs/Knicks finals is a lock now unless LA/Memphis make it to the finals.

Knowledge
04-26-2013, 04:37 PM
Unfortunate injury, though I don't blame beverley. He was playing hard and trying to get a steal. I remember when Andre Miller faked a timeout against the hornets and got a layup out of it because he caught their team off-guard.

Beverley did the opposite, as he was playing defense, but the idea of trying to catch the opponent off-guard was still there. Just bad luck on Westbrook's part.

ChitownBears22
04-26-2013, 04:46 PM
That was not a dirty play by Bev.....just playoff D with a bad outcome. It was a basketball play.

bleedprple&gold
04-26-2013, 04:50 PM
This pretty much means my Spurs/Knicks finals is a lock now unless LA/Memphis make it to the finals.

The Knicks are a lock? Lol uh they still have to go through the Heat

bleedprple&gold
04-26-2013, 04:51 PM
Westbrook
Hobbled Parker
Gallo
David Lee
Kobe

Parker did not look hobbled at all last game...

ChitownBears22
04-26-2013, 04:51 PM

lol

JordansBulls
04-26-2013, 04:52 PM
I had LAC or MEM upsetting OKC anyway. The way OKC nearly blew that lead to the Rockets, they can't do that against LAC/MEMPHIS

TheNumber37
04-26-2013, 05:05 PM
WOW
WOW
WOW

WOW

The west just open up, sad that they have no Harden to step up... looks like Denver will bounce them in the 2nd round... Denver is pretty scary to play against, look out San Antonio...

torocan
04-26-2013, 05:11 PM
Wow. Hard to believe that Westbrook is out. Sympathies to OKC fans.

On the other hand, it does open some interesting possibilities. How good is KD really? What happens if Houston gets to the 2nd round? A Miami vs Spurs/Memphis/Clippers/Denver?

The west just went from crazy to downright nuts...

kdspurman
04-26-2013, 05:12 PM

He definitely is. He's nowhere near as explosive as he normally is

Chronz
04-26-2013, 05:12 PM
Should they start KMart?

pippsux
04-26-2013, 05:17 PM
First Kobe, now Westbrook, two guys who never get injured out with serious injuries. Hopefully no one else goes down, but this cannot be blamed on Beverly.

dodie53
04-26-2013, 05:20 PM
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/04/26/knee-injury-will-sideline-westbrook/?ls=iref:nbahpt3a

#WhyUMad
04-26-2013, 05:36 PM
Feel bad Westbrook, he's one of my favorite players and a role model.

nykobe24
04-26-2013, 05:40 PM
****! I wanted OKC to make it to the finals since I knew my Lakers weren't. Now this makes it even harder unless he comes back soon. Now if they advance past Houston, I can't see them beating clippers or grizzlies in second round without him. Fack!!

Minimal
04-26-2013, 05:51 PM
Too bad for Westbrook and OKC, but I'm really looking forward to seeing what Durant is capable of without Westbrook by his side.

BALLER R
04-26-2013, 05:54 PM
Durant gonna drop 50 next game.

Kashmir13579
04-26-2013, 06:01 PM
I always knew this would happen.

kdspurman
04-26-2013, 06:29 PM
WOW
WOW
WOW

WOW

The west just open up, sad that they have no Harden to step up... looks like Denver will bounce them in the 2nd round... Denver is pretty scary to play against, look out San Antonio...

? Denver first needs to get by GS, and the winner of that series plays the winner of SA/LA. OKC would get either the Clippers of the Grizzlies. Not to mention OKC needing to advance past Houston first...

dalton749
04-26-2013, 07:23 PM
kd gunna average 40 damnn

bleedprple&gold
04-26-2013, 07:54 PM

double post

bleedprple&gold
04-26-2013, 07:56 PM
He definitely is. He's nowhere near as explosive as he normally is

Less than 100%? Yes. Hobbled? Hardly...but then again the Lakers perimeter D makes everyone look good

Sly Guy
04-26-2013, 08:40 PM
"the only person who can stop durant from scoring is westbrook"

time to see.

Xsatyr
04-26-2013, 09:04 PM
Def not dirty, common NBA play. Even for Westbrook.

http://youtu.be/wjWrjQpNBsA

Supreme LA
04-26-2013, 10:59 PM
Now it gets interesting. Without the penetration of Westbrook, OKC will need a way of getting the ball inside to make the defense collapse. I'd love to see if KD's post game has developed as good as PSD claims it has because noone else on OKC can post.

Riodagoat
04-27-2013, 12:40 AM
I hate this dude so much, but wow, you never want to see something like this happen. Specially when practically everyone expects OKC to win the West.

Also, I don't understand people hating on Beverly. It's not like he deliberately did it.

Swashcuff
04-27-2013, 08:01 AM
I agree with this 100%. Poor shot selection is stupid. Take a look at Serge Ibaka's 3pt shooting, 20/57 this year 35%. This is because he attempts threes when they are wide open, in the flow of the offense and there is not an immediate better shot available. That is good basketball. The notion that attempting more shots makes you better is so incredibly stupid. The Durant-Westbrook problem is not an "on-the-court" Durant problem, its a coaching and or "on-the-court" Westbrook problem.

All I was saying in my post is that according to the argument he was making - melo doesn't defer - the season's with Iverson don't change that, Melo still didn't defer, even in the playoffs (which btw his advanced stats are absolutely laughable for those 4 games).

According to the facts (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/4/6/2930095/russell-westbrook-kevin-durant-oklahoma-city-thunder) Westbrook actually help Durant with his shooting much more than he hurts him.

See the thing is when Westbrook shoots as much as he does he makes the game much easier for KD, Ibaka and Martin, hence the reason the ran the most efficient offense in basketball over the last 3 years. No where is are players like KD, Ibaka, Martin, Harden going get as many open scoring opportunities as they'd get playing alongside Westbrook.

Or and as someone who watched 80+% of the games that Melo played alongside A.I. I can tell you that's completely wrong. Any true Melo fanboy would vividly remember Melo saying time and time again that he deferred to A.I. To that A.I. almost always said that its Melo's team but he's there to help. Before A.I. was traded and Karl kept raving about his quick fire offense he spoke on more than a few occasions how good it was to have someone on board who can allow Melo to sort of sit back on offense on some nights.

When A.I. and Melo was interviewed together they said they often played the "hot hand" (something we've heard KD say countless times when speaking of Westy/Harden) and that usually got them home. On more occasions than not A.I. was that hot hand.

Swashcuff
04-27-2013, 08:03 AM
That's a good point, but Iverson was a player who was practically the star of the entire league. A player like Melo at that point had to defer to him somewhat merely out of respect.

There were occasions where Melo deferred to Chauncey as well. Especially in the clutch (where stars are supposed to rise) so I don't get your point.

Swashcuff
04-27-2013, 08:06 AM

Yet again this further compounds that you're not true Melo fan, you're just a bandwagonist that hopped on when Melo came to NY. I'm SURE that you were one of the Knicks fans calling him Carmela when he got into the fight and now you're on his jock 24/7 365. You argue so much for Melo and still don't know jack**** about his Nuggets days. What a waste.

Swashcuff
04-27-2013, 08:10 AM

This is EXACTLY what the Thunder want. Durant has one of the quietest (usually that means ULTRA efficient) offensive games I have ever seen, before you know it he has 30 points by the 3rd and you could barely remember him taking that much. That is when the Thunder are most deadly, that's why they won the West and have been the best offensive team over the last 3 years. I LOVE A.I. more than most but the only time in his career he got this chance was when he played with Melo.

Swashcuff
04-27-2013, 08:15 AM

You realize that makes no sense right? Skill and talent are two different things which Durant has more of than Melo, also has more determination, a higher IQ and is a way harder worker. That's what makes him a top two player.

What makes Melo better because he's more of a Ballhog? I'm a fanboy of probably the biggest ball hog in the history of the NBA and I think KD is better than he ever was. Why can't you guys just be rational and use some logic for once in your life instead of being such ignorant sickofans?

Swashcuff
04-27-2013, 08:24 AM
As soon as it happened RW was pissed and slammed his hand on the scorers table. Then he proceeded to be a dick to Beverly, including one time when Beverly tried to help him up and he slapped his hand away. His play though looked fine. I guess he was running on adrenaline.

And this shows how idiotic it is to hate on someone, hate clouds all your better judgement (something which you have yet to show in this thread) just ignore the fact that he was attempting to walk properly but couldn't due to absolutely excruciating pain but still played through it and finished the game like a true warrior.

Swashcuff
04-27-2013, 08:36 AM
Seems like he's saying what a lot of people here are saying. This is finally the moment when we see how Durant performs as the true no. 1 option. Should be exciting, and probably remarkable at times, if we all believe Durant is as good as he's hyped up to be.

Do you remember when Kevin Durant became the first player since Jorda (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&per_minute_base=36&type=advanced&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=N&year_min=&year_max=&franch_id=&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&is_active=&is_hof=&is_as=&as_comp=gt&as_val=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&qual=&c1stat=pts_per_g&c1comp=gt&c1val=30&c2stat=ts_pct&c2comp=gt&c2val=.60&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=ws)n to average 30 points per game while having a true shooting percentage of greater than 60% at the tender age of 21 (the youngest of the 5 players all time to ever accomplish such a feat). Remember that. Melo has never averaged 30 a game nor has he ever sniffed 60%TS. All that happened before Westbrook became an all star. He was averaged 16 and 8 with a TS% under 50. Every single season of Carmelo's career he had much better support than KD has that season but he's never been anything near as good a scorer. Who's the overhyped one now? :rolleyes:

ghettosean
04-27-2013, 08:41 AM
U mad?

TeamSeattle
04-27-2013, 02:49 PM
@okcthunder: News: Thunder announces Russell Westbrook underwent successful knee surgery today. He will miss remainder of 2013 Playoffs.

NYSpirit1
04-27-2013, 02:54 PM
This has to be the Knicks year...

IF they could just Miami. They have a real shot of winning a title. They can beat any team out West now. Melo just needs that hunger Dirk had in 2011. Nobody is unbeatable. Not even the Heat. The Knicks will have to fight.

shep33
04-27-2013, 03:05 PM
Russ out for the playoffs... this sucks

TheWhiteMamba
04-27-2013, 03:06 PM
Lol man this has to be the easiest cake walks to the championship ever for the Heat. Not to say they wouldnt haven beaten any of these teams with injuries but damn, this makes it 100000000000x easier.

Jarvo
04-27-2013, 03:08 PM
This has to be the Knicks year...

IF they could just Miami. They have a real shot of winning a title. They can beat any team out West now. Melo just needs that hunger Dirk had in 2011. Nobody is unbeatable. Not even the Heat. The Knicks will have to fight.

They not beating The Spurs.

bucketss
04-27-2013, 03:09 PM
Lol man this has to be the easiest cake walks to the championship ever for the Heat. Not to say they wouldnt haven beaten any of these teams with injuries but damn, this makes it 100000000000x easier.

celtics had 0 chance
okc gets dominated by the heat anyways
rose isn't injured hes just scared lol

if anything this is a negative cause now the spurs will face the heat which is going to be tougher for miami,.

NYSpirit1
04-27-2013, 03:12 PM
They not beating The Spurs.

They did twice this year. Thanks though.