PDA

View Full Version : Top 3 of Yesterdays NBA Action

TheBasketHoops
04-25-2013, 10:05 PM
Throughout the playoffs I will try and do a top 3 of each days action, this may be a player, particular moment, or anything else that I thought was worthy of being in the top 3 of the day. These are my opinions of the top 3, feel free to disagree just know it is an opinion not necessarily fact.

3. Patrick Beverley: Thats right Patrick Beverley, and no I had never heard of him before tonight either, 16 points, 12 rebounds and 6 assists in your first ever start are very good numbers but its not even those numbers that impressed me so much. With the Rockets conceding that they weren't going to have any chance in this series unless they made a big change Kevin McHale responded by inserting Beverley into the starting lineup. This worked beautifully, after roughing up Russell Westbrook a bit Beverley had annoyed him to the point that Westbrook played angry and tried to do too much, the move worked perfectly for the Rockets and they have possibly found a player who can extend this series to 5 or maybe even 6 games if they get lucky.

2. Gerald Green: Yes another non-big name player on my top 3, this one is based purely on my love for Gerald Green and his high-flying play, I mean whats the point of having my own blog if I cant express my own view? Green played great and was the X-Factor for the Pacers who took a commanding 2-0 lead in possibly the most boring series this year. It's good to see Green prove he can do more than just dunk making 3 three-pointers on his way to 15 points, of course, he also didn't forget how to dunk which was a pleasure for the few people who decided to tune into this game. Hopefully we will see more of Green in the upcoming playoff series against better teams and with more media exposure.

Parker makes a layup against Metta World Peace and the LA Lakers
1. Tony Parker: That's more like it, a superstar in the top 3, after an OK Game 1 and only 4 points in the first half of Game 2 it was clear the hard task master Gregg Popovich was getting annoyed with TP. Of course after the words Parker would have received from Popovich at half-time he responded exactly how he has responded to Pop his whole career, by going out and proving why he is in my opinion the 2nd best point guard in the NBA at the moment. While his 28 point, 7 assist outing wasn't vital for the Spurs to win against a fading Lakers it will be exciting to watch him put on performances like this against whatever elite Point Guard he faces in the next few rounds. Sit back and watch Parker and the rest of the great point guards decide this 2012/13 Western Conference playoffs bracket.