PDA

View Full Version : George Karl's Line Up Dilemma (Breakdown: Warriors vs. Nuggets)

Guppyfighter
04-25-2013, 06:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO416F0rvAs

D-Leethal
04-25-2013, 06:42 PM
For all the flack Melo gets about his first round exits its funny how Karl gets praised as an all time great coach. Might be the most overrated coach in NBA history, and he was the original 1 seed to get his azz whooped by an 8. I'm rooting for the Dubs to see who this guy blames next.

Guppyfighter
04-25-2013, 06:46 PM
For all the flack Melo gets about his first round exits its funny how Karl gets praised as an all time great coach. Might be the most overrated coach in NBA history, and he was the original 1 seed to get his azz whooped by an 8. I'm rooting for the Dubs to see who this guy blames next.

I'd have to agree with this. He constantly uses his worst line ups.

IgglesFanInCO
04-25-2013, 06:54 PM
i remember when people were giving the nuggets all this hype on their 2-pg lineup with Lawson and Miller, when nobody realized (especially Karl apparently) that it is just terrible, cant stretch the floor, turns Ty into a 2 guard and spot up shooter, and the defense is just atrocious

D-Leethal
04-25-2013, 06:55 PM

Its just a double standard that pisses me off. You saw guys like Mike D'Antoni get crucified even before he failed with legit players in NY, all you heard was 'his system can't win a ship!', 'Mike D will never win he never even made the finals' yada yada yada. The man had like a 4-5 year run with a contender and didn't win a chip.

Than the same people go praise Jerry Sloan, George Karl who have coached many multiple contenders on many multiple squads and underachieved many multiple times and failed to win a chip over the course like like 30 years of opportunity. The funniest **** is when I hear the praise for Doug Collins.

I do think Jerry Sloan is an all time great, but I think GK is an overrated douchebag. Doug Collins isn't even worth talking about unless its about his color commentary.

CarlosJ23
04-25-2013, 07:20 PM
George Karl's Lineup for game 2 was just idiotic. you can't have the two guard line up with Ty and Miller. Especially when Miller can't play a lick of defense. Dude was on Curry a lot of times during that game.

setman2000
04-25-2013, 07:33 PM

Hey buddy, Nuggets fans have been saying this for years. It's other fans who always praise Karl. He's predictable, unbending and never makes adjustments. Constantly outcoached over the years. The reason Denver won 57 games this year is because they had a really talanted, deep group of unselfish guys.

If he doesn't get out of the 1st round this year he should be fired.

Guppyfighter
04-25-2013, 07:37 PM
Hey buddy, Nuggets fans have been saying this for years. It's other fans who always praise Karl. He's predictable, unbending and never makes adjustments. Constantly outcoached over the years. The reason Denver won 57 games this year is because they had a really talanted, deep group of unselfish guys.

Yeah, Nugget fans have George Karl figured out.

D-Leethal
04-25-2013, 07:43 PM

If he doesn't get out of the 1st round this year he should be fired.

I actually have noticed that. My post was more or less directed towards the 'NBA fan' and the stuff you hear from the National Media about these guys that gets regurgitated on message boards all over the internet (including this one).

lol, please
04-25-2013, 08:35 PM
He's basically getting exposed by Mark Jackson, who is running circles around him coach-wise. I'm not sure if that speaks more on Mark Jackson's coaching or Karl's lack therof.

IgglesFanInCO
04-25-2013, 08:53 PM
He's basically getting exposed by Mark Jackson, who is running circles around him coach-wise. I'm not sure if that speaks more on Mark Jackson's coaching or Karl's lack therof.

Im a Mark Jackson supporter, but its Karl's lack thereof

3iverson3
04-25-2013, 11:11 PM

Can't believe the guy actually thought putting chandler at the five and brewer at the 4 would help.

ThaDubs
04-26-2013, 12:53 AM
The thing about the game was that not only were they playing bad D but the few times they did contest our guys somehow made them. Especially Curry. He was hitting deep contested 2's like he was born to do it.