PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul Implies He's Staying With The Clippers

Clippersfan86
04-24-2013, 11:47 PM
Not sure how this wasn't a bigger story given all the threads in the last couple months about him leaving potentially and where he would go etc.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/clippers/post/_/id/4474/eric-bledsoe-rises-to-the-challenge

"Bled is one of the best guards in our league," Paul said after practice Sunday. "I've said it all season long. I'm enjoying playing with him right now because there's no way he can be here next year because we probably won't have enough money to pay him.

He also went on to say in an interview pre game that he's going to hate going against Eric Bledsoe for years to come. Obviously if he's factoring in the finances with him being on the team... it means something.

Not that any of this is a shock considering the Clippers were built largely by CP3 and are already contenders after 2 years but this should put to rest all the talk about him potentially leaving. Bledsoe will be traded this summer for a wing player.

b@llhog24
04-24-2013, 11:50 PM
"Flat out implies" wow.

Avenged
04-24-2013, 11:51 PM
He most likely is but you're picking out straws with this comment lol

Clippersfan86
04-24-2013, 11:53 PM
"Flat out implies" wow.

Edited, you're right that was conflicting lol.

JeffG20
04-24-2013, 11:53 PM
i'd put my money on him staying, but players lie.

Ill21
04-24-2013, 11:54 PM
O ok...

akesh99
04-25-2013, 12:05 AM
I don't think anyone really thought he'd leave. I wonder what they could net for Bled though

oak2455
04-25-2013, 12:07 AM
i'd put my money on him staying, but players lie.

Nooooooo ;)

JeffG20
04-25-2013, 12:11 AM
Nooooooo ;)

i know, i know. Shocking revelation :)

Clippersfan86
04-25-2013, 12:18 AM
I don't think anyone really thought he'd leave. I wonder what they could net for Bled though

I'm hoping we could package Bledsoe and maybe Willie Green for somebody like Gordon Hayward. We need a versatile, do everything type of SG/SF. Ideal fits would be two guys we passed on draft day (Parsons and Paul George) but no way Bledsoe gets those guys after the insane years they had.

We need a SG/SF who can hit the 3, will play solid defense, can run the floor and that is young enough to grow with the team.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
04-25-2013, 12:22 AM
How about aaron afflalo?

Clippersfan86
04-25-2013, 12:26 AM
How about aaron afflalo?

Afflalo+Vujevic for Bledsoe+DJ+a 1st rounder and it's a deal. Straight up it's not fair considering Afflalo is on the hook for 7 mill a year for 3 years and he's seemed to decline a bit. I did want him 2 years ago though.

Guppyfighter
04-25-2013, 12:30 AM
This was really obvious. Obvious to the point of where it should not have been made a thread.

"THE MIAMI HEAT WILL NOT TRADE LEBRON NEXT YEAR"

Clippersfan86
04-25-2013, 12:32 AM
This was really obvious. Obvious to the point of where it should not have been made a thread.

"THE MIAMI HEAT WILL NOT TRADE LEBRON NEXT YEAR"

There was a thread... just last week and the poll had CP3 winning as the player most likely to bail on his team. I think you're downplaying the topic.

Guppyfighter
04-25-2013, 12:33 AM
Didn't go in the thread because I don't entertain bait threads.

Clippersfan86
04-25-2013, 12:38 AM
Didn't go in the thread because I don't entertain bait threads.

Just letting you know why I would bother posting it. A decent sized crowd still seems to believe it's up in the air, although Clippers fans have been confident since last year.

3RDASYSTEM
04-25-2013, 12:47 AM
CP3 also said he could possibly form a big 3 in that other big market area

his best spots are CLIPPS-ROCKETS-KNICKS-HAWKS

Clippersfan86
04-25-2013, 12:50 AM

Dang man that sounds like a great quote. Mind showing it to us?

sep11ie
04-25-2013, 12:59 AM
I knew who started this before I opened it...

Cracka2HI!
04-25-2013, 01:15 AM
I'd like to see Bled start at the 2 for us. There isn't a better wing defender available than him. Who we gonna get? Hayward is nice but Bled is better with a much higher upside. Interesting tidbit in the article that Chauncey also plans on playing next season.

Clippersfan86
04-25-2013, 01:17 AM
I'd like to see Bled start at the 2 for us. There isn't a better wing defender available than him. Who we gonna get? Hayward is nice but Bled is better with a much higher upside. Interesting tidbit in the article that Chauncey also plans on playing next season.

I'm all for keeping Bledsoe to start at the 2... but the only way that works is if we get a coach in here who's 100 percent behind that and convinces the front office to keep him. In which case we'd have to unload DJ to stay out of the luxury tax penalties.

JeffG20
04-25-2013, 01:28 AM

i'd love to know how NY is going to pay him

Cracka2HI!
04-25-2013, 01:31 AM
If we are going to win a championship and especially if we are going to win more than one we will have to go into the tax. If the team does well enough I wouldn't put it past Sterling. People thought he'd never max a player never go over the cap ect....

Clippersfan86
04-25-2013, 01:34 AM
Can we win a ring with DJ at the center spot though?

Cracka2HI!
04-25-2013, 01:50 AM
If he improves his FT shooting sure. The results werent there this year but his shot did look a lot better. I believe he can get to 60%.

LongWayFromHome
04-25-2013, 03:33 AM
I knew who started this before I opened it...

Duh. It says their name right under the title.

sep11ie
04-25-2013, 02:20 PM
Duh. It says their name right under the title.

Not on the news feed screen.

smith&wesson
04-25-2013, 02:34 PM
if the bulls could some how sign paul they would be scary.

paul-nate
rose-rip
deng-butler
boozer-taj
noah-jaj

thats a nice 9 man rotation right there.

GiantsSwaGG
04-25-2013, 02:43 PM
LeBron did the same. Chill out brah

Sandman
04-25-2013, 02:48 PM
he's just saying Dallas won't be able to afford Bledsoe after they re-sign other guys.

Don't understand what the fuss is? :confused:

Clippersfan86
04-25-2013, 02:59 PM
he's just saying Dallas won't be able to afford Bledsoe after they re-sign other guys.

Don't understand what the fuss is? :confused:

Yup... leaving LA on a contending team to go play with 44 year old Dirk on a team that didn't make the playoffs in Dallas. Sounds like a brilliant idea.

RLundi
04-25-2013, 03:42 PM
Afflalo+Vujevic for Bledsoe+DJ+a 1st rounder and it's a deal. Straight up it's not fair considering Afflalo is on the hook for 7 mill a year for 3 years and he's seemed to decline a bit. I did want him 2 years ago though.

Lol you're on something.

Guppyfighter
04-25-2013, 03:50 PM
if the bulls could some how sign paul they would be scary.

paul-nate
rose-rip
deng-butler
boozer-taj
noah-jaj

thats a nice 9 man rotation right there.

Amnesty Boozer for it to happen.

Clippersfan86
06-28-2013, 12:58 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 6m
RT @DanWoikeSports: Doc Rivers told @dpshow that he speaks to @CP3 everyday

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 51s
Last tweet another reminder why teams that once hoped to at least get face-to-face visit w/Chris Paul in free agency have ditched such hopes

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 58s
Whole NBA treats CP3's return to Clips on five-year max as done deal. Only one of LA's two unrestricted mega FAs will be courted this July

Welp. Any other questions?

Snakeyestx
06-28-2013, 01:01 PM
Houston's fiercest competition will come from next season's Clips... CP3 has what he wants and needs.. ego-curbing and fierce guidance in Rivers/Gentry. As long as he can continue to co-exist with DeAndre Jordan who just needs to polish his game a little more, they're going to have a dangerous inside-outside game.

Clippersfan86
06-28-2013, 01:02 PM
Houston's fiercest competition will come from next season's Clips... CP3 has what he wants and needs.. ego-curbing and fierce guidance in Rivers/Gentry. As long as he can continue to co-exist with DeAndre Jordan who just needs to polish his game a little more, they're going to have a dangerous inside-outside game.

I can't for the epic games between our teams. Dwight is shopping for homes in Houston as we speak LMAO.

hugepatsfan
06-28-2013, 01:06 PM
The Clippers aren't real contenders. They're in the IND/MEM type status. Good enough to beat any of the top teams or at least give them a run for their money in a series but not a good bet to beat 2-3 of them in a row like you have to for the title. If they were able to land Afflalo, Pierce and KG like had been rumored that would have elevated them to top status IMO but that didn't work out.

Clippersfan86
06-28-2013, 01:08 PM
The Clippers aren't real contenders. They're in the IND/MEM type status. Good enough to beat any of the top teams or at least give them a run for their money in a series but not a good bet to beat 2-3 of them in a row like you have to for the title. If they were able to land Afflalo, Pierce and KG like had been rumored that would have elevated them to top status IMO but that didn't work out.

Remind me again if the offseason is over, I forgot. Signing CP3 is step 1... still have MLE, still in trade talks surrounding Bledsoe and DJ. This is not a complete roster. So I agree with the 6 players we have under contract including CP3 we aren't a real contender. :laugh2:

chitownredbulls
06-28-2013, 01:14 PM
**** chris paul.....drama queen *** ******....lol.....

Sandman
06-28-2013, 01:18 PM
I agree somewhat -- CP3 is still an x-factor at all times and hes not there yet but Blake has the potential to be that as well.

I Rock Shaqs
06-28-2013, 01:19 PM
Remind me again if the offseason is over, I forgot. Signing CP3 is step 1... still have MLE, still in trade talks surrounding Bledsoe and DJ. This is not a complete roster. So I agree with the 6 players we have under contract including CP3 we aren't a real contender. :laugh2:

Why do you get so defensive and butt hurt every time ANYBODY says anything other than THE CLIPPERS ARE THE GREATEST FRANCHISE EVER!

Clippersfan86
06-28-2013, 01:24 PM
Why do you get so defensive and butt hurt every time ANYBODY says anything other than THE CLIPPERS ARE THE GREATEST FRANCHISE EVER!

Not being defensive right now, just stating the facts. It's weird to have so many saying what the Clippers AREN'T when they are likely going to have 7 new players by the start of the season and the roster will look significantly different. CP3+Blake+Doc is a superb core going forward. In other words, the foundation is there.

houstonfan
06-28-2013, 01:25 PM

Did you forget about the OKC Thunder? They beat us in the first round without Russell Westbrook... And the Grizzlies will still be good. Right now if we get Dwight I would have it as:
1. OKC
2. SA
3. LAC
4. HOU

Snakeyestx
06-28-2013, 01:26 PM

They might not have been this season but let's look at a few things.

* In less than 3 years the Clips are relevant again
* In the last 3 seasons they brought a new-found sense of youth and excitement completely lost in Clip's history that even the announcer sounds exuberant again
* As much as I defended VDN, maybe he just wasn't the right choice for HC for that roster - sure he let them be exciting and dunk-happy, but real veteran HC coaching, real ego-managing, that's something Doc Rivers will bring and reign in this roster.

I feel like even though VDN took them this far, Doc should easily be able to take them farther. The clips were like a herd of wild horses, and Vinny let them run free, but off-path and misguided. VDN allowed the team to bring in crowds with ultra-exciting play, but now that needs to be reigned in and polished into something fearsome.

Clippersfan86
06-28-2013, 01:27 PM
Did you forget about the OKC Thunder? They beat us in the first round without Russell Westbrook... And the Grizzlies will still be good. Right now if we get Dwight I would have it as:
1. OKC
2. SA
3. LAC
4. HOU

Good list although honestly I expect the Spurs to take SOMEWHAT of a step back (yes we've been saying this for years.

1. OKC
2. LAC
3. Houston (with Dwight)
4. SA

IMO.

Clippersfan86
06-28-2013, 01:28 PM
They might not have been this season but let's look at a few things.

* In less than 3 years the Clips are relevant again
* In the last 3 seasons they brought a new-found sense of youth and excitement completely lost in Clip's history that even the announcer sounds exuberant again
* As much as I defended VDN, maybe he just wasn't the right choice for HC for that roster - sure he let them be exciting and dunk-happy, but real veteran HC coaching, real ego-managing, that's something Doc Rivers will bring and reign in this roster.

I feel like even though VDN took them this far, Doc should easily be able to take them farther. The clips were like a herd of wild horses, and Vinny let them run free, but off-path and misguided. VDN allowed the team to bring in crowds with ultra-exciting play, but now that needs to be reigned in and polished into something fearsome.

Dang man that was beautiful :cheers:.

Snakeyestx
06-28-2013, 01:30 PM
1. OKC
2. SA
3. LAC
4. HOU

I never worry about OKC .. they're talented, and I can't deny that, but they're coached by a hot-head with a huge chip on his shoulder to Houston.

I can't fear what I don't know in SA (meaning, we don't know who all will be left there yet)

Memphis I'd almost put us on equal footing with in terms of talent, even pre-Howard, because the success of that team was really brought about by Lionel Hollins ability to lead that team.

Clips are always dangerous because there's a lot of raw, instinctual talent there. DJ, BG, CP3, Bledsoe (if he gets to stay), Billups (has he committed or left yet?) - Rivers, Gentry... are you kidding me? That is a Herculean organization now.

hugepatsfan
06-28-2013, 01:35 PM
Good list although honestly I expect the Spurs to take SOMEWHAT of a step back (yes we've been saying this for years.

1. OKC
2. LAC
3. Houston (with Dwight)
4. SA

IMO.

So I can't say the Clippers aren't contenders because the offseason is incomplete but you can say they've elevated themselves to the second best team?

Clippersfan86
06-28-2013, 01:38 PM
So I can't say the Clippers aren't contenders because the offseason is incomplete but you can say they've elevated themselves to the second best team?

I'm not basing this on a 6 man roster like you were. I already know our free agent targets, likely trades etc as somebody who's constantly following the team. Besides there is obviously SOME assumption based on the moves I've seen the last two years where the Clippers added 8 new players on average and improved both years a ton.

Last year the Clippers were 1 game behind the 3 seed, 3 games behind the 2 seed. I'm pretty sure both Denver and Memphis drop off some and that SA take a small step back with age. All 3 of these teams are going to lose key players this summer and two of them lost great coaches and replaced them with rookie coaches.

So by default the Clippers rise in my OPINION.

D-Block21-Chito
06-28-2013, 01:44 PM
If Dwight goes to Houston without giving up parsons then Houston will be best team in the west maybe team 1B behind OKC

houstonfan
06-28-2013, 01:51 PM
I never worry about OKC .. they're talented, and I can't deny that, but they're coached by a hot-head with a huge chip on his shoulder to Houston.

I can't fear what I don't know in SA (meaning, we don't know who all will be left there yet)

Memphis I'd almost put us on equal footing with in terms of talent, even pre-Howard, because the success of that team was really brought about by Lionel Hollins ability to lead that team.

Clips are always dangerous because there's a lot of raw, instinctual talent there. DJ, BG, CP3, Bledsoe (if he gets to stay), Billups (has he committed or left yet?) - Rivers, Gentry... are you kidding me? That is a Herculean organization now.

San Antonio was 5 seconds from a title and they have cap space... They will be better than us in the regular season IMO. Also Idk how you cant fear the Thunder but you fear the Clippers who havent added anyone except a coach... Another team is Golden State. The west is gonna be insane this year. Rockets could finish anywhere from like 2-6 and still be considered a contender.

houstonfan
06-28-2013, 01:51 PM
If Dwight goes to Houston without giving up parsons then Houston will be best team in the west maybe team 1B behind OKC

Ehhhh maybe. Why do you think they would be better than the Spurs? Just wondering your opinion

c.c.
06-28-2013, 01:52 PM
He's staying but I don't see how a coach conveniences him to stay. Ain't like Doc Rivers gonna get out there and help play some defense or score some points. Coaches are so overrated these days!

houstonfan
06-28-2013, 01:55 PM
He's staying but I don't see how a coach conveniences him to stay. Ain't like Doc Rivers gonna get out there and help play some defense or score some points. Coaches are so overrated these days!

I completely agree with this. If they dont get some help they will lose second or first round.

Clippersfan86
06-28-2013, 01:58 PM
I completely agree with this. If they dont get some help they will lose second or first round.

Captain Obvious flooding into this thread. No **** if they stick with their current 5 man roster (6 with CP3) or the same exact roster they won't go much further. There is ZERO inclination that they won't trade/sign different players.

houstonfan
06-28-2013, 02:01 PM
Captain Obvious flooding into this thread. No **** if they stick with their current 5 man roster (6 with CP3) or the same exact roster they won't go much further. There is ZERO inclination that they won't trade/sign different players.

Lol who do you think they will get Clippers insider?

Clippersfan86
06-28-2013, 02:06 PM
Lol who do you think they will get Clippers insider?

I still think the Bledsoe for Afflalo deal gets done. I think they will use MLE to bring in either a couple players for 2.6 million or use it all on a higher caliber player like Carl Landry to back up Griffin or Jarrett Jack as a backup guard. They are targeting Reddick but Reddick might get 7 mill or something from a team so who knows.

Not claiming to be an insider, just a joke for people to keep repeating an obvious statement. Team was out in first round so no **** if they don't improve they won't go far. That's an OBVIOUS statement. Good thing they went out and replaced a HORRENDOUS coach with a top 5 coach, and a fantastic assistant coach. Couple days from signing CP3. This is a tiered offseason for us and it starts with coach+keeping CP3 which it looks like the front office passed with flying colors. So why would I assume they won't do great in free agency too when they built the deepest team in the NBA last year through free agency?

houstonfan
06-28-2013, 02:10 PM
IMO those moves dont make them better than SA, OKC, or even HOU with Dwight in a 7 game series but hey I could be wrong. I know you will disagree with that.

Clippersfan86
06-28-2013, 02:12 PM
IMO those moves dont make them better than SA, OKC, or even HOU with Dwight in a 7 game series but hey I could be wrong. I know you will disagree with that.

I won't agree or disagree definitively with who will be better or worse. I'm a big believer that games need to be played first. On paper the Lakers looked good last year and I told everybody to wait until games are played. It takes a year or two to really build chemistry for newer players/rosters.

I think the Clippers have a chance to be better but no reason to argue it when all of these rosters will be different, injuries will happen etc. Just personally have a feeling Clippers will be 2-3 seed next year and win around 60 games.

Clippersfan86
06-28-2013, 02:14 PM
This year I said 52-54 wins and 2nd round with a long shot at WCF and they won 56 so not like I have some homer idea of what the team will be. I had no clue they would be facing the Grizzlies who had the same record and were healthier than us... but oh well.

c.c.
06-28-2013, 02:16 PM
I still think the Bledsoe for Afflalo deal gets done. I think they will use MLE to bring in either a couple players for 2.6 million or use it all on a higher caliber player like Carl Landry to back up Griffin or Jarrett Jack as a backup guard. They are targeting Reddick but Reddick might get 7 mill or something from a team so who knows.

Not claiming to be an insider, just a joke for people to keep repeating an obvious statement. Team was out in first round so no **** if they don't improve they won't go far. That's an OBVIOUS statement. Good thing they went out and replaced a HORRENDOUS coach with a top 5 coach, and a fantastic assistant coach. Couple days from signing CP3. This is a tiered offseason for us and it starts with coach+keeping CP3 which it looks like the front office passed with flying colors. So why would I assume they won't do great in free agency too when they built the deepest team in the NBA last year through free agency?

OK hopefully they will help them eliminated in 7 games instead of 6 next year. Those guys aren't gonna make a huge difference

c.c.
06-28-2013, 02:24 PM

Great minds think a lot

Clippersfan86
06-28-2013, 02:24 PM
OK hopefully they will help them eliminated in 7 games instead of 6 next year. Those guys aren't gonna make a huge difference

We shall revisit this thread in the playoffs next year again.

Snakeyestx
06-28-2013, 02:29 PM
San Antonio was 5 seconds from a title and they have cap space... They will be better than us in the regular season IMO. Also Idk how you cant fear the Thunder but you fear the Clippers who havent added anyone except a coach... Another team is Golden State. The west is gonna be insane this year. Rockets could finish anywhere from like 2-6 and still be considered a contender.

Manu Turnobili, and a little bit of Hero ball blew game 6, and game 7. Until we know who stays and who goes, you have to admit they'll be in slight decline ... regular season they've always been brilliant.

GS is the dark horse team... they remind me of a doppleganger Rockets roster with how wildly one team could win over the other.

Thunder ... I know they're good, and I won't deny they're good, but they still feel incomplete to me. With the Head Coach musical chairs going on, I'm surprised Brooks is still at the helm to be perfectly honest.

If you weren't convinced the West wasn't more competitive than the East (a look at the W/L records of the playoff teams - no under .500's made it, etc), before, then you will be next year, that's for sure :p

Clippersfan86
06-28-2013, 02:33 PM
I agree Thunder just feel very flawed. Warriors are a badass team I love and will be in discussion as a contender but it must be noted they are going to probably lose Jack+Landry both who were a huge part of their team last year. Let's see how they fill in.

c.c.
06-28-2013, 02:33 PM
We shall revisit this thread in the playoffs next year again.

Sure thing buddy, I love watching the Clippers play during the regular season but when it comes to the playoffs :confused:

Clippersfan86
06-28-2013, 02:35 PM
Sure thing buddy, I love watching the Clippers play during the regular season but when it comes to the playoffs :confused:

His initials are VDN. Come playoff time the last two years Vinny got MURDERED. The playoffs are where coaches really get exposed. It doesn't help that our players like Blake, Billups, Butler etc have been hurt the last two years come playoff time (not minor injuries either) but Vinny is the main culprit. If you watched our playoff games this year you'll understand just how awful he was. Running 4 guard lineups against MEMPHIS, playing Billups and Butler BIG minutes over better players. Not making any adjustments when Memphis went on big runs. Just idiotic coaching 101. Not playing Bledsoe who destroys the Grizzlies. The potential of Blake and CP3 as a duo is massive and he didn't know how to get much out of them.

c.c.
06-28-2013, 02:37 PM
I agree Thunder just feel very flawed. Warriors are a badass team I love and will be in discussion as a contender but it must be noted they are going to probably lose Jack+Landry both who were a huge part of their team last year. Let's see how they fill in.

Landry plays very hard, I hated to see him leave. Him and Chuck Hayes but I thought if Landry every return here. The guy got robbed, shot, and got his teeth knocked out during his stay.

c.c.
06-28-2013, 02:41 PM
His initials are VDN. Come playoff time the last two years Vinny got MURDERED. The playoffs are where coaches really get exposed. It doesn't help that our players like Blake, Billups, Butler etc have been hurt the last two years come playoff time (not minor injuries either) but Vinny is the main culprit. If you watched our playoff games this year you'll understand just how awful he was. Running 4 guard lineups against MEMPHIS, playing Billups and Butler BIG minutes over better players. Not making any adjustments when Memphis went on big runs. Just idiotic coaching 101. Not playing Bledsoe who destroys the Grizzlies. The potential of Blake and CP3 as a duo is massive and he didn't know how to get much out of them.

Hopefully Doc has the right prescription for the Clippers and we meet in the WCF

houstonfan
06-28-2013, 02:42 PM
Great minds think a lot

We agree on everything not Lin/Beverley related lol

Clippersfan86
06-28-2013, 03:21 PM
Hopefully Doc has the right prescription for the Clippers and we meet in the WCF

Same. Either way Rockets and Clippers fans have a ton to be excited about going forward so we all win. Now all we need to do is get like 2 western contenders relocated to the east to make it less brutal. Move Memphis which is more east coast anyways.

Sandman
06-28-2013, 03:24 PM

Blake Griffin healthy could be a huge difference.

sammyvine
06-28-2013, 03:38 PM

if the thunder are flawed so are the clippers lol

durant + westbrook>>paul and griffin

Clippersfan86
06-28-2013, 03:40 PM
if the thunder are flawed so are the clippers lol

durant + westbrook>>paul and griffin

Agreed on both accounts.

VinceCarter
06-28-2013, 04:50 PM
That's the softest imply, if you will. That means nothing.

Method28
06-28-2013, 04:58 PM
IMO adding a guy like Landry would be huge for us. We've been dealing with Odom at the 4, Barnes at the 4 for our small lineup, turiaf, and Hollins as our backup bigs/rotation guys.

Lets add some QUALITY big man depth.

Cracka2HI!
06-28-2013, 10:32 PM
I can't see the Clippers landing West. Landry should be option #1 if they can't. Method is correct about our reserves in the front court. If we upgrade their and move Bledsoe for Afflalo or something better we should be contenders. I don't think people are giving the Rivers pick up nearly enough credit. We will be a different type of team no matter what. We've gone from a bottom 5 coach to top 2. That's a huge deal...especially come playoff time which seems to be the point of this thread.

Pakman
06-28-2013, 10:36 PM
How about aaron afflalo?

Afflalo+Vujevic for Bledsoe+DJ+a 1st rounder and it's a deal. Straight up it's not fair considering Afflalo is on the hook for 7 mill a year for 3 years and he's seemed to decline a bit. I did want him 2 years ago though.orlando loses by alot in the deal. Bledsoe is nice but vucevic >>> dj and a meaningless 1st rounder

RipCity32
06-30-2013, 12:44 AM
Sportscenter has breaking news from Brousard that Paul will resign with the Clippers.

gatkins11
06-30-2013, 12:53 AM
Formality.

RipCity32
06-30-2013, 12:54 AM
His agent has told other teams not to even call.

kblo247
06-30-2013, 01:24 AM
His agent has told other teams not to even call.

As to be expected .. If there was any FA who needed the whole 5 years, it was Paul. He lacks a piece of meniscus, needs his minutes limited, and never has played a full season. If anyone was valuing long term guaranteed security it was Paul

Clippersfan86
06-30-2013, 01:31 AM
As to be expected .. If there was any FA who needed the whole 5 years, it was Paul. He lacks a piece of meniscus, needs his minutes limited, and never has played a full season. If anyone was valuing long term guaranteed security it was Paul

A month ago, most of the board said he was gone, likely to team up with Dwight. Now he wants to stay and it's all about a 5th year of security. Dwight's back never was 100 percent last year so in that case he's definitely signing for an extra 5th year with the Lakers right?