PDA

View Full Version : "Handshake" Agreement made between Cavs & Mike Brown

kdspurman
04-23-2013, 03:25 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
RT @JasonLloydABJ: #Cavs & Mike Brown have reached handshake agreement, league source tells Akron Beacon Journal. Announcement expected WEDS

http://www.fearthesword.com/2013/4/23/4257840/mike-brown-head-coach-cleveland-cavaliers-hired-nba-rumors

well then....lol

Gators123
04-23-2013, 03:30 PM
uh..Why?

Slug3
04-23-2013, 03:33 PM
I guess its just an agreement that he gets it as long as Phil doesnt want it?

honestly if he does sign with them then I see a zero percent chance now that Lebron goes back there.

Arch Stanton
04-23-2013, 03:36 PM

honestly if he does sign with them then I see a zero percent chance now that Lebron goes back there.

I see zero percent chance that LeBron goes back to Cleveland regardless of Mike Brown. Maybe if Dwayne Wade, Kevin Durant, and Dwight Howard sign with Cleveland.... then LeBron will contemplate signing with the Cavs.

ottograham14
04-23-2013, 03:38 PM
Gilbert and Grant wanted a Defensive minded coach with Head Coaching experience. Obviously that fits Brown to a tee and he was the best candidate out ther for these credintials whether or not he was the HC 4 years ago. Hopefully KI and Dion will listen to him because most of the other roster will. Needs to get an offensive minded assistant but can always turn to John Keuster again for that.

Expect a defensive minded player in the lottery now i.e. Noel, Porter or Oladipo.

kdspurman
04-23-2013, 04:00 PM
Guess it's official now.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 21m
Cavaliers, Mike Brown are constructing a five-year contract, league source tells Y! The final year on deal would include a buyout provision.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 18m
Talks are still ongoing about what, if anything, the Los Angeles Lakers would still owe Brown, source tells Y! Sports.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 10m
Cavs, Mike Brown five-year deal will be worth $20 million-plus, sources tell Y! Sports.

LAKobeBryant
04-23-2013, 04:03 PM
Doesn;t that mean he's getting paid by two teams and getting 2 salary? Mike brown is balling.

TeamSeattle
04-23-2013, 04:04 PM
Yea this thread title needs to be changed, its official now.

kdspurman
04-23-2013, 04:14 PM
Doesn;t that mean he's getting paid by two teams and getting 2 salary? Mike brown is balling.

Yep, that's what it looks like.

Ezio
04-23-2013, 04:15 PM
Poor Kyrie :sigh:

lamzoka
04-23-2013, 04:19 PM
NOTSportsCenter ‏@NOTSportsCenter
Mike Brown couldn't win a title with LeBron, Shaq, Kobe, Nash, Dwight, Pau, etc., but he'll win one with Kyrie & Luke Walton. Makes sense.

lol

lamzoka
04-23-2013, 04:20 PM

No, lakers is off the hook. they dont own brown anything now

OceanSpray
04-23-2013, 04:24 PM
No, lakers is off the hook. they dont own brown anything now

Basically he's getting paid 2 salaries for one job.

LayBraun
04-23-2013, 04:25 PM
What an awful hire. They shouldn't have even fired Scott but whatever. Mike Brown with no LeBron?? Good one.

LAKobeBryant
04-23-2013, 04:36 PM
What an awful hire. They shouldn't have even fired Scott but whatever. Mike Brown with no LeBron?? Good one.

at least we can all see how good mike brown is without a superstar

LAKobeBryant
04-23-2013, 04:36 PM

at least we can all see how good mike brown is without a superstar

lamzoka
04-23-2013, 04:56 PM
Basically he's getting paid 2 salaries for one job.

NO
Cavs Contract > Lakers Contract, therefor the Lakers contract is voided by rule.

this is a FACT, not an opinion or guess

RLundi
04-23-2013, 05:06 PM
NO
Cavs Contract > Lakers Contract, therefor the Lakers contract is void by rule.

this is a FACT, not an opinion or guess

You are wrong.

From Woj:

Also, talks are ongoing about how much the Lakers would still owe Brown of his $4 million salary for next season they were going to have to pay him.

Iron24th
04-23-2013, 05:14 PM
How the hell you fire a coach two years ago then hire him again when this team is 40 wins less?!

Dade County
04-23-2013, 06:10 PM
When kyrie becomes a restricted free agent, he is signing that 1yr extension; and then bouncing.

Why... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89osWvXxl78

Riodagoat
04-23-2013, 06:12 PM
Just shows you how much of an idiot some organizations are.

--23--
04-23-2013, 06:16 PM
The Clippers should go after Byron Scott this offseason

justinnum1
04-23-2013, 07:18 PM
The Clippers should go after Byron Scott this offseason

nah, SVG would be a great get for them.

SMH!
04-23-2013, 07:32 PM
lol

lol how was he supposed to win a title with the lakers in 10-12 games? loll

WITZ
04-23-2013, 08:49 PM

This lebron quote sounds like that of a guy that has closed the door on returning just because of Mike Brown.

"LeBron on Mike Brown to Cavs: "I'm happy for him, very happy for him. I think he's a really good coach."

b@llhog24
04-23-2013, 09:09 PM
Poor Kyrie :sigh:

:sad2:

HeaTxRipZz
04-23-2013, 09:13 PM
What are their chances of getting the 1st pick? I think Noel would be perfect for this squad

JasonJohnHorn
04-23-2013, 09:32 PM
If they liked Brown that much, they should have just offered him an assistant position under Scott like the Knicks did with Woodson. That way if Scott isn't working out next season, they can replace him with a head coach.

This is just silly. It's like taking a step back. You fired this guy because he couldn't get the job done. Why bring him back? Obviously you didn't have confidence in him. What has changed? He failed to get one of the most talented rosters in the league to the finals and then couldn't even get a win to start the season.

sunsfan88
04-23-2013, 11:41 PM
I guess now we can see how Mike Brown looks in a normal full regular season with full training camp and everything.

Remember, LeBron himself said that Brown never got a fair shake with the Lakers. In his only full season with the team, there was a lock out so he hardly had time to prepare them for his system and everything and then he was fired after like 12 games the next season without even giving him the chance to lead the team for a full season on a non lock out season.

prodigy
04-24-2013, 12:01 AM
Brown is maybe the best defensive minded guy in the NBA. He needs a offense guy now. Then this hire would be good.

lamzoka
04-24-2013, 12:05 AM
You are wrong.

From Woj:

Also, talks are ongoing about how much the Lakers would still owe Brown of his $4 million salary for next season they were going to have to pay him.

IDC what woj said, lakers dont have to pay mike brown if his contract with the cavs is greater than the one he had with the lakers.

VendettaRed07
04-24-2013, 02:00 AM
Why is no one hiring SVG. The guy is a great coach.

RaiderLakersA's
04-24-2013, 11:01 AM

Plus whatever he makes on his ESPN contract. Easily one of the highest paid coaches to have never won a title -- ever!

Hawkeye15
04-24-2013, 11:06 AM
Just don't get how he scores head coaching gigs. He should pay LeBron half his salary honestly.

Cavs fans, get used to a good defense, and watching Irving isolate non-stop.

BklynKnicks3
04-24-2013, 03:12 PM
Lebron getting ready for hi snext shortcut to a ring. When wade breaksdown bosh is older. Kyrie will be in his prime and they will have the money or assets to get another player maybe aldridge love or somebody. We all know a superstar aint enough for lebron he needs to have a all star team. Then he will have a speach how his heart is still in cleveland and he knew he always had unfinished business there. Mean while when he left it was lebron is not from cleveland he is from Akron lol gotta love it

prodigy
04-24-2013, 06:07 PM
Just don't get how he scores head coaching gigs. He should pay LeBron half his salary honestly.

Thats why an offensive coach is very important. John Kuster has already been rumored, he's very good on that side of ball.

RLundi
04-24-2013, 06:31 PM
IDC what woj said, lakers dont have to pay mike brown if his contract with the cavs is greater than the one he had with the lakers.

Conversely, you'll understand if idc what you say. Once again, you're wrong. There is no hard-set rule. It's up to the Lakers and Mike Brown to agree on the buyout amount. Like Woj alluded to, talks are ongoing about how much -- if anything -- the Lakers are on the hook for Brown's contract.

lamzoka
04-24-2013, 07:09 PM
conversely, you'll understand if idc what you say. Once again, you're wrong. There is no hard-set rule. It's up to the lakers and mike brown to agree on the buyout amount. Like woj alluded to, talks are ongoing about how much -- if anything -- the lakers are on the hook for brown's contract.

apparently you cared, why do u keep responding to my post.
Like i said, i dont give a **** what woj is saying, lakers do not have to pay brown. Point blank period

UPRock
04-24-2013, 07:10 PM
Lebron getting ready for hi snext shortcut to a ring. When wade breaksdown bosh is older. Kyrie will be in his prime and they will have the money or assets to get another player maybe aldridge love or somebody. We all know a superstar aint enough for lebron he needs to have a all star team. Then he will have a speach how his heart is still in cleveland and he knew he always had unfinished business there. Mean while when he left it was lebron is not from cleveland he is from Akron lol gotta love it

Man you're full of ****, aren't you a toilet?

Hawkeye15
04-24-2013, 07:13 PM
Thats why an offensive coach is very important. John Kuster has already been rumored, he's very good on that side of ball.

I just think that Brown is better suited as an assistant on defense, but he landed the perfect timing to pad his resume, even though he never earned his status imho.

xxplayerxx23
04-24-2013, 07:16 PM
Like i said, i dont give a **** what woj is saying, lakers do not have to pay brown. Point blank period

Your wrong lol

xxplayerxx23
04-24-2013, 07:16 PM
Hope he's saving up haha.. He's getting paied,. He has no idea on offense but is solid on his defensive strategies.

lamzoka
04-24-2013, 08:03 PM
Your wrong lol

Ok, i give up lol

RLundi
04-24-2013, 08:05 PM

Why wouldn't I respond? You're responding to mine. We're having a friendly discussion; it'd be rude of me to discontinue it :)

And since we're such good friends, friend to friend: you are wrong, end of story, hands down, point blank period, as you so eloquently put it. Do some research before you post. Google is your friend.

lamzoka
04-24-2013, 08:16 PM
Why wouldn't I respond? You're responding to mine. We're having a friendly discussion; it'd be rude of me to discontinue it :)

And since we're such good friends, friend to friend: you are wrong, end of story, hands down, point blank period, as you so eloquently put it. Do some research before you post. Google is your friend.

Ok u win, i loose.
HAPPY?

RLundi
04-24-2013, 08:37 PM
Ok u win, i loose.
HAPPY?

I'd be happier if you spelled "lose" correctly, but yes :)

b@llhog24
04-24-2013, 11:48 PM

.652 winning %.

Now would that be so wrong? :drool:

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-25-2013, 01:53 AM

Actually, you are both wrong.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=los-angeleslakers&id=36547&city=losangeles

naps
04-25-2013, 02:43 AM

How ironic is reading this post and this poster's sig?

RLundi
04-25-2013, 03:40 PM
Actually, you are both wrong.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=los-angeleslakers&id=36547&city=losangeles

Um no, actually, you're wrong about my being wrong. I said the amount is unknown and they'd have to work it out but they'd still pay him some amount. Feel free to thumb through some of the posts in this thread for clarification :)

Chronz
04-25-2013, 03:44 PM
Varajao's defensive stats/impact have been drastically reduced since Brown left..... coincidence? Or am I crediting the wrong guy?

Hawkeye15
04-25-2013, 03:44 PM
.652 winning %.

Now would that be so wrong? :drool:

Like I said, half his paycheck should go to LeBron, he is the reason his winning percentage is awesome.

It would be fine to watch, until the playoffs, when teams load up on him and the rest of his team sucks the floor up. I was more referring to Brown's ineptitude when it comes to having any offensive creativity, or basic understanding.

Hawkeye15
04-25-2013, 03:45 PM
Varajao's defensive stats/impact have been drastically reduced since Brown left..... coincidence? Or am I crediting the wrong guy?

he has been hurt so much since Brown left though, that has to have something to do with it as well. And yes, that is Brown's strong point. I think he is better suited as an assistant coach.

DumDum
04-25-2013, 05:12 PM
kyrie irving is gone as soon he can get a plane out

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-25-2013, 10:29 PM
Um no, actually, you're wrong about my being wrong. I said the amount is unknown and they'd have to work it out but they'd still pay him some amount. Feel free to thumb through some of the posts in this thread for clarification :)

You're right my bad. I just saw the last page and thought you were saying they would have to pay the whole salary owed. Then you are correct and he is wrong. Only a portion will be taken off the Lakers. They are thinking 3 to 4 million of the 7 million owed