PDA

View Full Version : Who agrees Rose needs to sack up and play

Pages : [1] 2

bleedprple&gold
04-23-2013, 02:10 PM
Derrick Rose, this isn't the regular season, anymore, this is the playoffs. Your team needs you. You've been cleared to play for how long but you are not out there because you are not mentally ready or your hammys hurt? Really? Does that fly as an excuse these days??

Shumpert who had the SAME exact injury on the SAME exact day has been back for months and you're just chilling on the bench when you could actually be contributing to help your team win. You think you have some rite of passage to take your sweet time because you were an MVP? Or are you too scared to come back because you lose to the Heat? I for one, have lost all respect for the guy. Who agrees?

29$JerZ
04-23-2013, 02:14 PM
Bulls can beat Brooklyn without Rose.
At this point working him in won't do any good. Miami as your first return series is not what he needs.

JiffyMix88
04-23-2013, 02:15 PM
Derrick Rose, this isn't the regular season, anymore, this is the playoffs. Your team needs you. You've been cleared to play for how long but you are not out there because you are not mentally ready or your hammys hurt? Really? Does that fly as an excuse these days??

Shumpert who had the SAME exact injury on the SAME exact day has been back for months and you're just chilling on the bench when you could actually be contributing to help your team win. You think you have some rite of passage to take your sweet time because you were an MVP? Or are you too scared to come back because you lose to the Heat? I for one, have lost all respect for the guy. Who agrees?

Is not the SAME player and has hardly the same burden Rose does. With that said I want Rose back more than anyone else but if he's not ready Dr.bleedprple&gold than he's not ready and I don't want him back yet until he is ready to be that same player.

So I disagree.

bleedprple&gold
04-23-2013, 02:23 PM
Is not the SAME player and has hardly the same burden Rose does. With that said I want Rose back more than anyone else but if he's not ready Dr.bleedprple&gold than he's not ready and I don't want him back yet until he is ready to be that same player.

So I disagree.

Yea but reasons he gives that he's not ready are b.s. If his knee was hurting that would be one thing. But he's not mentally ready? How are you not mentally ready to play the game that you've been playing your whole life? That is your profession? That you get paid millions to play? You should always been mentally ready.

Or his hammys hurt? C'mon you can play through that. They hurt at the beginning because he wasn't able to train, but he's had how long now to get back in shape? His poor hammys should be fine now. Or sack up and play with a little pain. He is making himself sound like such a pansy.

He can still help even if he's not 100%.

More-Than-Most
04-23-2013, 02:23 PM
I have defended him in the past but no way did I think he would miss this long and now some of the playoffs? Yea he needs to man up and quickly before the bulls are one and done.

corytwotimes
04-23-2013, 02:26 PM
as a die hard bulls fan...im giving him until the miami series (yes well beat the nets, book it)....if he really sits out the entire playoffs while noah plays hurt to the point where hes almost in tears half the game....then yes i lose ALL respect for him, already lost alot

JiffyMix88
04-23-2013, 02:27 PM
Yea but reasons he gives that he's not ready are b.s. If his knee was hurting that would be one thing. But he's not mentally ready? How are you not mentally ready to play the game that you've been playing your whole life? That is your profession? That you get paid millions to play? You should always been mentally ready.

Or his hammys hurt? C'mon you can play through that. They hurt at the beginning because he wasn't able to train, but he's had how long now to get back in shape? His poor hammys should be fine now. Or sack up and play with a little pain. He is making himself sound like such a pansy.

Hopefully he was just waiting to return back to the same court he injuried it at and knew that the Bulls would be able to get one in Brooklyn and take some pressure off before decided to return.

Sly Guy
I'm thinking the team's done fine all season without him. Adding him in when each game, each play is magnified would create problems.

Rose needs to :
1. Work himself into game shape and get his rhythm back
2. Re-establish chemistry with his teammates.

The bulls are better with Rose, but chemistry and rhythm take time, and you can't afford to lose too many in a row to find it. If I'm Rose, I sit out the entire season even if I'm healthy.

CostanzaNumba0
Lost a lot of respect for him tbh. Shumperts been back since January.

Vikes_Fan04
04-23-2013, 02:28 PM
At this rate, Kobe will be back before Rose.

Chi StateOfMind
04-23-2013, 02:29 PM
I hate to say it but I feel he shoulda been back. He's been cleared to play for a while. But my biggest issue is that he hasnt ruled being out. If ur not going to play then man up and say it. Stop with the bs god only knows or other excuses. Tell the world ur out so we can move on and play.

Another thing is he says he needs time but what is now until october going to do. He's not going to be game ready until you play.

BALLER R
04-23-2013, 02:30 PM
Bulls will beat brooklyn without him. Then he comes back in the 2nd round.

Becks2307
04-23-2013, 02:32 PM
At first I was on his side. But now watching Noah out there practically dying every night? I can't help but think he needs to come back.

Here is what I believe - Rose doesnt want to come back until he is in tip top shape, but the bulls dont even need him in that capacity. He would help this team so much if he can just play 20 mins a game but sadly I think his ego doesnt want to go through that.

Becks2307
04-23-2013, 02:33 PM
At first I was on his side. But now watching Noah out there practically dying every night? I can't help but think he needs to come back.

Here is what I believe - Rose doesnt want to come back until he is in tip top shape, but the bulls dont even need him in that capacity. He would help this team so much if he can just play 20 mins a game but sadly I think his ego doesnt want to go through that.

kozelkid
04-23-2013, 02:36 PM
While I'm not happy about Rose sitting, comparing him to an average role player like Shumpert is laughable. You **** up with Shumpert, you don't lose much. You **** up with Rose, you set your franchise back at least 2-3 years. Trust me, as a Liverpool fan, I know this with regards to Torres.

The rah-rah toughness is cute until the player experiences a major set back at which point fingers are more pointed at the organization or player for rushing him too soon.

By the way, have yall seen Shumpert play this season? It hasn't been pretty.

Chi StateOfMind
04-23-2013, 02:37 PM
Pretty much which players are playing at 100%. I understand they're not comin off of an acl injury but no one is asking to play 40 mins a game. His presence makes a difference

still1ballin
04-23-2013, 02:37 PM
He needs to come back now.

Period.

His brother has the nerve to talk about his teammates when this Bulls team has battled all season and in the playoffs.

bleedprple&gold
04-23-2013, 02:39 PM
I'm thinking the team's done fine all season without him. Adding him in when each game, each play is magnified would create problems.

Rose needs to :
1. Work himself into game shape and get his rhythm back
2. Re-establish chemistry with his teammates.

The bulls are better with Rose, but chemistry and rhythm take time, and you can't afford to lose too many in a row to find it. If I'm Rose, I sit out the entire season even if I'm healthy.

That's why he should have came back and the end of the regular season to get a few games in to get in shape and establish some chemistry with his teammates before the playoffs started. But even without great chemistry they are still a better team with him out there.

And they could easily get bounced in the first round, and then everyone will say they would have won if he had come back.

chipper10
04-23-2013, 02:41 PM
I think he needs to just man up now. Although i went to the pacers vs warriors game (pacer fan) and seen granger try to play and he was just out of rhythm and then needed more surgery..... But when its the playoffs? LEAVE IT ALL ON THE COURT!!
If noah can do it on one foot then rose can do it after a year off already. I know if it was me, i would be out there every second i could play

meloman1592
Im a fan of the guy personally but there's no way I can watch Noah play hurt like that and not play when I've been medically clear for over a month AND doing contact practices...Rose is a ***** point blank. There's no excuse for him not to play right now. He's copping out

CubsBullsBucs
i think its funny how knicks and bulls fans are friends right now. mutual hate of brooklyn and miami.

selfishly i want to d rose to come back vs miami round 2. do i think thats a good idea? not really, because if we lose what a bummer that would be to the entire organization. if he is to come back, we have to have our sights set on the chamionship. not sure if that could happen. yes rose would inspire the city and every shot he made the UC would explode, but idk if its worth the risk of losing to Miami, let alone re injuring himself

meloman1592
Im a fan of the guy personally but there's no way I can watch Noah play hurt like that and not play when I've been medically clear for over a month AND doing contact practices...Rose is a ***** point blank. There's no excuse for him not to play right now. He's copping out

CubsBullsBucs
i think its funny how knicks and bulls fans are friends right now. mutual hate of brooklyn and miami.

selfishly i want to d rose to come back vs miami round 2. do i think thats a good idea? not really, because if we lose what a bummer that would be to the entire organization. if he is to come back, we have to have our sights set on the chamionship. not sure if that could happen. yes rose would inspire the city and every shot he made the UC would explode, but idk if its worth the risk of losing to Miami, let alone re injuring himself

1-800-STFU
04-23-2013, 02:43 PM
I dont really care since they wont beat Miami anyways

chipper10
04-23-2013, 02:46 PM
I also seen rose jumpin around on the bench just last night! I mean come on and play already!!

Cubby
04-23-2013, 02:47 PM
It's so easy to judge from behind a computer screen. Fact is everyone is different when it comes to injury recoveries and the majority of you have never experienced on the same level.

So stop acting so damn entitled like he owes you something. He doesn't owe you a damn.

Chronz
04-23-2013, 02:48 PM
Im always on the players side when it comes to injuries.

bleedprple&gold
04-23-2013, 02:55 PM
It's so easy to judge from behind a computer screen. Fact is everyone is different when it comes to injury recoveries and the majority of you have never experienced on the same level.

So stop acting so damn entitled like he owes you something. He doesn't owe you a damn.

You're right he doesn't owe me a damn thing because I am not a Bulls fan, have never gone to a Bulls game, never bought Bulls merchandise or anything else that pays his salary. I do watch Bulls playoffs games from time to time but I contribute very little to what he gets paid so he doesn't owe much much of anything, but there are people he owes a lot more to out there. A whole city and franchise has stood behind him and for what? So he can be an 8-figure cheerleader? Last season was already lost because of his injury, do the city and fans really want two lost seasons because of his selfishness?

Jewelz0376
04-23-2013, 02:55 PM

Well I played d1 ball and torn my acl in both my knees...so I know what Rose is going through and even I have lost a little respect for him...

I just don't get how he can sit out while his team is fighting in the playoffs...There is no way I could do it...That was the worst part of me getting hurt was not being able to help my teammates... I was a good athlete but Rose is a freakish athlete and its been over a year... I came back after 6 months the 1st time and 5 months the 2nd one...

Rose should be back now...its nothing physical at this point...its all mental..Trust me I know having that mental confidence in your knee is an important part, but you don't get over that until you actually start playing..At some point he's going to have to get over his fear and play...

Byronicle
04-23-2013, 02:58 PM
Look at all the internet Doctors here comparing Rose and Shumpert

Just because they have the same injury on the same day, it doesn't mean its at the same degree

Rose was expected 8-12 Months. Its almost 12 Months so that sounds about right

And another thing, there is more poundage on Rose's knees than Shumpert. Please, Rose is used a lot more to do a lot more than Shumpert.

This guy is resting his surgery - repaired ACL. Do any of you guys even play sports?

Max.This
04-23-2013, 03:01 PM
While I'm not happy about Rose sitting, comparing him to an average role player like Shumpert is laughable. You **** up with Shumpert, you don't lose much. You **** up with Rose, you set your franchise back at least 2-3 years. Trust me, as a Liverpool fan, I know this with regards to Torres.

The rah-rah toughness is cute until the player experiences a major set back at which point fingers are more pointed at the organization or player for rushing him too soon.

your player has been medically cleared by doctors for months. He can dunk perfectly fine and your other star player is playing injured. I don't really care for what you have to say about Shumpert, but their skill levels are irrelevant because he was "MEDICALLY" cleared to play.

NYKnickFanatic
I have defended Rose and have said come back when he is fully healthy, but man he has been cleared for a while. I didn't think he would let himself sit out the playoffs.

It's tough to watch Noah, busting his *** out there, playing hurt, limping up and down the court, and then you see Rose on the bench in a suit.

Has to be all in his head. But when he does come back, I hope he come back better than ever. Fun player to watch.

LeperMessiah
I'd feel alittle weird playing in playoff games that my team made without me.

Kobe2324
04-23-2013, 03:03 PM
I been saying for a while he's a little *****, if you are practicing at full speed for a few months and able to dunk no problem for a while and your not playing come playoff time that's a *****. You think Kobe would be sitting out that long for an injury like that, Kobe would have been back a couple months into the season, I am glad he didnt rush back that was a smart move, but at this point it's no longer rushing, now your way behind schedule.

TheIlladelph16
04-23-2013, 03:04 PM

I think you are severely underrating the mental effect an injury like this can have on a player ESPECIALLY in a sport like basketball. Not only does he have to be physically ready to jump, cut, run, etc., but he has to conquer that initial, subconscious fear of reinjury. Whether he likes it or not, his body is going to instinctively react and try to protect himself from injury like that again, at least initially.

The same people who are *****ing about Rose are the same people who will be *****ing about RG3 next season when he isn't back until the playoffs or more. I'll say the same thing now that I'll say then: Rose is Chicago's golden goose. Without him, they are not remotely a contender. With him, they are the biggest threat to the Heat in the East. I will take 10+ years of healthy, effective Rose, than 4 weeks of risking injury to my franchise player.

It was a lost season to begin with and should be treated as such, and somehow people here have convinced themselves otherwise.

TheWhiteMamba
04-23-2013, 03:04 PM
I really feel like Rose wants to be back on there but he is being influenced by his brother and inner circle to wait.

NYKnickFanatic
04-23-2013, 03:06 PM
I really feel like Rose wants to be back on there but he is being influenced by his brother and inner circle to wait.

Why? Is his brother a dick?

Jewelz0376
04-23-2013, 03:06 PM

I agree with this as well... I think its people close to Rose telling him to wait more so than him wanting to actually wait...

Davex41
04-23-2013, 03:07 PM
lol im pretty sure that if you were him you wouldnt want to risk it xD

bleedprple&gold

Just because they have the same injury on the same day, it doesn't mean its at the same degree

And another thing, there is more poundage on Rose's knees than Shumpert. Please, Rose is used a lot more to do a lot more than Shumpert.

This guy is resting his surgery - repaired ACL. Do any of you guys even play sports?

I would agree with you if he wasn't medically cleared to play. Doesn't that mean he's recovered? If he was still rehabbing that would be another thing. He's not mentally ready or he's not in 100% game shape are not good reasons in my book. He can still contribute significantly at 80% or wherever he's at.

He's clearly looking out for himself and doesn't care about the team/fans/city.

DR_1

Well said kozel

GiantsSwaGG
I've lost alot of respect for him. Stop being a *****, man up and play. Noah is playing hurt why can't you? I don't Rose has the heart to come back and help his team

DR_1
04-23-2013, 03:08 PM
Why? Is his brother a dick?

YES he is!!!

NYKnickFanatic
04-23-2013, 03:11 PM
YES he is!!!
:laugh2: Poor Rose man, such a humble dude.

bleedprple&gold
I agree with this as well... I think its people close to Rose telling him to wait more so than him wanting to actually wait...

Yea the people that probably depend on his income so they don't have to work. They don't want Rose to risk further injury when he's already got guaranteed money for the next 4 years. Oh yea whats the rush, as long you come back in time to earn that next contract that's all that matters.

PhillyFaninLA
If I'm the Bulls I say Derick go home enjoy your summer see you at training camp. You haven't played all year and we would rather be sure you are healthy so we can make a run next year.

You don't play in the regular season off an injury like his you don't risk it in the playoffs, not at his age.

FYL_McVeezy
04-23-2013, 03:12 PM
Rose is gonna need about 10-15 games to get back into rhythm, and for his teammates to adjust to him and to build that cohesiveness and team chemistry.....

Bringing Rose back now would do more harm then good....

dayman
You're right he doesn't owe me a damn thing because I am not a Bulls fan, have never gone to a Bulls game, never bought Bulls merchandise or anything else that pays his salary. I do watch Bulls playoffs games from time to time but I contribute very little to what he gets paid so he doesn't owe much much of anything, but there are people he owes a lot more to out there. A whole city and franchise has stood behind him and for what? So he can be an 8-figure cheerleader? Last season was already lost because of his injury, do the city and fans really want two lost seasons because of his selfishness?

He doesn't owe anyone anything.

He got injured playing for his team, playing for Chicago fans, playing for the city in an attempt to win a championship.

If he says he isn't ready, then he isn't ready. Whether its mental or physical it doesn't really matter in the end.

And for arguments sake...since he "OWES" people something and is doing them a disservice by not coming back because he is not ready, who owes Rose should he come back and ruin his career. Not you, not me, not anyone.

The kid does not want to risk his career and he's being smart.

NYKnickFanatic
Maybe Adidas has a few more commercials lined up for him and are telling him to sit.

:p

NYKnickFanatic
04-23-2013, 03:14 PM
What sucks most about Rose's injury was that he didn't even need to be in the game at that moment. That **** was already over.

bleedprple&gold
04-23-2013, 03:17 PM

He got injured playing for his team, playing for Chicago fans, playing for the city in an attempt to win a championship.

If he says he isn't ready, then he isn't ready. Whether its mental or physical it doesn't really matter in the end.

And for arguments sake...since he "OWES" people something and is doing them a disservice by not coming back because he is not ready, who owes Rose should he come back and ruin his career. Not you, not me, not anyone.

double post

bleedprple&gold
04-23-2013, 03:17 PM

Yes actually he does owe people, because the fans pay his salary. If you pay for a service, then you are owed that service by whoever you paid. If you pay a barber, they owe you a haircut. If you pay the cable company, they owe you cable service. If you pay a basketball player, they OWE you to play basketball.

dayman
04-23-2013, 03:30 PM
Yes actually he does owe people, because the fans pay his salary. If you pay for a service, then you are owed that service by whoever you paid. If you pay a barber, they owe you a haircut. If you pay the cable company, they owe you cable service. If you pay a basketball player, they OWE you to play basketball.

Fans do not pay Rose. They are paying the Chicago Bulls organization to put a product on the court and they have done that. That product is in the playoffs and could very well reach the 2nd round without Rose.

Again...I will state that Rose does not owe anyone anything.

TheNumber37
04-23-2013, 03:32 PM
You know who doesn't agree and whose decision is the only one that matters...? Rose.

Cubby
04-23-2013, 03:34 PM

Well I played d1 ball and torn my acl in both my knees...so I know what Rose is going through and even I have lost a little respect for him...

I just don't get how he can sit out while his team is fighting in the playoffs...There is no way I could do it...That was the worst part of me getting hurt was not being able to help my teammates... I was a good athlete but Rose is a freakish athlete and its been over a year... I came back after 6 months the 1st time and 5 months the 2nd one...

Rose should be back now...its nothing physical at this point...its all mental..Trust me I know having that mental confidence in your knee is an important part, but you don't get over that until you actually start playing..At some point he's going to have to get over his fear and play...

Every player is different in terms of when they are mentally capable of returning. Assuming your case is the same as his is unfair as his career is on the line as well as the possibility of setting back the franchise a few years.

What happens if he comes back and favors the other leg, causing another severe injury? What if all the pressure to come back gets to him and that happens? In that instance, everyone will turn around and say, "He rushed himself" or "He should've sat out." at that point, was it worth it just to watch a hesitant Derrick Rose play a little bit, only to be spoiled by another injury?

chipper10
04-23-2013, 03:40 PM
If hes medically cleared to play then just do it. I bet everyones opinions would change IF he came back and they somehow won it all. And it must be nice to be cleared to go to work but no go. I woulda been fired asap if i did that lol

naps
04-23-2013, 03:41 PM
I have defended Rose throughout this whole time but he needs to man the **** up! I mean dude you have cleared to play for months now and your excuse is you are mentally not ready? Your team is in the playoffs where your comeback might make them a legit contender again and you tease fans with pre-game shooting? Either you are scared, weak, or a ***** for not being able to suit up at this point.

naps
04-23-2013, 03:44 PM
Maybe Adidas has a few more commercials lined up for him and are telling him to sit.

:p

I have no doubt about. Adidas is probably trying to make it lengthier and more anticipated. Rose is a weak man.

sportsfan222
04-23-2013, 03:44 PM
i am as big of a derrick rose fan as there is, but if he really does not feel ready to play, and would not be '' derrick rose'' on the court, then its better he waits.

also, people who are comparing this to noah or anyone else playing through pain, its totally different.

derrick rose in the past has played at way less than 100 percent in the regular season and playoffs, but when u r coming off an acl injury and have not played in over a year, its totally different to play at say 70 percent in that situation, as opposed to having played the entire year with nagging injuries and toughing it out, such as noah has this season.

if rose had been playing the whole year and was injured with nagging injuries and was at 70 percent, u can bet ur *** of he would be playing, but coming off an acl injury, the guy wants to be the same mvp type player he was next year rather than just be an average player.

people comparing his situation to shumpert is a joke. aside from the fact that shumpert does not look the same, shumpert does not use his explosiveness as the main part of his game like rose does, and the nba would not suffer one bit if shumperts career was ruined due to an acl injury.

if this becomes a common occurrence with rose, the nba would lose a great player, and arguably the most exciting player in the league to watch.

when he is ready he will play, trust me i am sure he wants to play now, but if he can not go full throttle to the basket, what use is he?

MyDRoseLikeDeng
04-23-2013, 03:47 PM
I've been on Rose's side with this, and I still am, but he needs to play soon. He has been in game shape for a while now with the way he has been rehabbing, fatigue shouldn't be much of an issue. Hell, if we for sure won't win when Miami's playing, why don't we just hand them the next 5 titles already? Rose will ease into it, if he does come back, and play about 15-20 minutes at first. After that I could see him playing 30+ minutes and really helping the Bulls out a whole lot. Also, the chemistry issue is misconstrued by many people. He has played with Lu, Booz, Jimmy, and Jo for a long time now. Not to mention he has been practicing with the team extensively for a number of months as well. So Derrick, if you're ready, we would definitely love to have you, and if not I still have the utmost respect for you.

Muttman73
04-23-2013, 03:48 PM
I for one, have lost all respect for the guy. Who agrees?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure he doesn't have much respect for you either, so get over it.
What's Kobe up to these days?

Captain Moroni
04-23-2013, 03:49 PM
If you are healthy, play.

Champions play.

I Rock Shaqs
04-23-2013, 03:52 PM
look at all the internet doctors here comparing rose and shumpert

just because they have the same injury on the same day, it doesn't mean its at the same degree

rose was expected 8-12 months. Its almost 12 months so that sounds about right

and another thing, there is more poundage on rose's knees than shumpert. please, rose is used a lot more to do a lot more than shumpert.

This guy is resting his surgery - repaired acl. Do any of you guys even play sports?

bwahahhahahahahahahahaha!!

La11
if he is not ready then he isn't ready, over 300 million are invested on those knees..

sportsfan222
What sucks most about Rose's injury was that he didn't even need to be in the game at that moment. That **** was already over.

yes the game was over, but it does not matter. that acl injury was non contact and it was only a matter of time before his knee gave out. if it did not happen then, it prob would have happened down the line, possibly the next game. his knee was ready to give out unfortunately

Jewelz0376
04-23-2013, 03:54 PM
Every player is different in terms of when they are mentally capable of returning. Assuming your case is the same as his is unfair as his career is on the line as well as the possibility of setting back the franchise a few years.
What happens if he comes back and favors the other leg, causing another severe injury? What if all the pressure to come back gets to him and that happens? In that instance, everyone will turn around and say, "He rushed himself" or "He should've sat out." at that point, was it worth it just to watch a hesitant Derrick Rose play a little bit, only to be spoiled by another injury?

Your 100% right... My perspective is just different because I know its the mental aspect that's keeping him from coming back and that will not going away until he plays in live games and realizes that his knee is fine...No matter if he waits a year or 2 years to play....

ghettosean
04-23-2013, 04:00 PM

I'll go with this...

The guy is from Chi-town and almost bursted into tears when they lost to Miami in the ECF. He wants to play and anyone who is on this witch hunt saying otherwise and that Rose is a pansy doesn't have a clue. I'm a fan of the kid and have been for a few years now but only after seeing how much heart the guy has and his determination to bring a championship to his home town.

He's coming back from a serious injury and if he can come back against Miami I'd love to see it but if he is rushing it in anyway because of nba fan pressure I hope he changes his mind because no one here is a doctor or D-Rose so they don't really have a clue.

onlythisfar41
04-23-2013, 04:05 PM
Everyone that is saying that its okay for him to keep sitting out is just plain wrong. It's the simple fact that he is medically cleared to play that is whats making everyone grow tired of him sitting out. No one would be giving him a hard time if he wasnt cleared to play because then you pose a serious risk to hurt yourself again. However once you get the all clear from a doctor, and then have ample time after that to practice at full speed and get yourself right, now you start to get into the territory of just being afraid.

Thats what this all boils down to. His team needs him and like many others have said, when you see Noah busting his *** on the floor every night it really makes you wonder who truly cares about the team. For everyone saying to let him sit because you dont want him to get hurt again and set the franchise back, thats not a valid argument. Hes. Been. Cleared. Hes not going to be "more cleared" come next season, at this point the doctors have agreed that he is physically back to the point of being able to play NBA games. They didnt clear him to start jogging or light practicing, they cleared him to return to playing NBA games at full speed. Its in his head and ultimately its showing whats in his heart. Unfortunately his true colors are showing and they are not strong.

Bruno
04-23-2013, 04:07 PM
miamis got it this year, no need to rush him back. long term priorities gotta be to heal up for next season when chicago has a healthy rose and noah. then they'll be cohesive enough to post a serious threat to Miami next post season.

ztilzer31
04-23-2013, 04:12 PM
Does it really matter for Rose at this point? Even if he ends up playing he won't be in mid season form during the playoffs. If he came back with like 20 games left in the regular season, I'd actually say they had a chance to win the East, but at this point he won't be able to make a big enough difference to win a best of 7 from the Heat. He needs times to get back into the game. Might as well wait till next year.

Hoopsadvocate
04-23-2013, 04:13 PM

Yea cause its not like the real medical doctors cleared him to play MONTHS AGO or anything :rolleyes:

Lets put it like this if it were Lebron there would be non stop scrutiny of him not coming back after being cleared to play so long. Not only that but the fact he has a teammate playing obviously hurt and that there was another guy (Shumpert) with the same injury who has already come back makes him look like a scared selfish little girl.

And I'd understand if he didn't come back at the exact same time as stumpers cause he wasn't mentally ready and came back let's say march but he is taking his sweet time now while he watches his teammates struggle and play hurt. Coward. If he was a real leader and MVP he'd lead his team.

Big Zo
04-23-2013, 04:14 PM
At this rate, Kobe will be back before Rose.

Jesus will be back before Rose...

Hoopsadvocate
04-23-2013, 04:16 PM
miamis got it this year, no need to rush him back. long term priorities gotta be to heal up for next season when chicago has a healthy rose and noah. then they'll be cohesive enough to post a serious threat to Miami next post season.

Then he should just say he is not coming back until next year because he and the organization don't feel it's worth jeopardizing the future. Instead of hiding behind excuses and Noah can also then take a rest and bulls lose in the 1st round so there guys can have an early off season and prepare for next year.

Also heck if everyone just defaulted because the heat are likely gonna win why have a season, why compete?

nycericanguy
04-23-2013, 04:18 PM
i am as big of a derrick rose fan as there is, but if he really does not feel ready to play, and would not be '' derrick rose'' on the court, then its better he waits.

also, people who are comparing this to noah or anyone else playing through pain, its totally different.

derrick rose in the past has played at way less than 100 percent in the regular season and playoffs, but when u r coming off an acl injury and have not played in over a year, its totally different to play at say 70 percent in that situation, as opposed to having played the entire year with nagging injuries and toughing it out, such as noah has this season.

if rose had been playing the whole year and was injured with nagging injuries and was at 70 percent, u can bet ur *** of he would be playing, but coming off an acl injury, the guy wants to be the same mvp type player he was next year rather than just be an average player.

people comparing his situation to shumpert is a joke. aside from the fact that shumpert does not look the same, shumpert does not use his explosiveness as the main part of his game like rose does, and the nba would not suffer one bit if shumperts career was ruined due to an acl injury.

if this becomes a common occurrence with rose, the nba would lose a great player, and arguably the most exciting player in the league to watch.

when he is ready he will play, trust me i am sure he wants to play now, but if he can not go full throttle to the basket, what use is he?

:confused:

Shumperts whole game is based on his athleticism!

Shumpert's health and career is valuable just like Rose's. Let's not act like NY and the NBA threw Shump out there prematurely as if they didn't care about his recovery or his career. That's just silly.

Shump took his time and didn't rush anything, he came back when he was cleared after he got some practices in. He was completely healthy, but it takes time to get to 100% in terms of strength and agility. We are now just seeing Shump get back to the player he was last year.

Maybe Rose wants to feel like that before he plays, but really there is nothing like game time, I think Rose should have been playing the final 10 games or so, I think he's left his teammates out to dry. I think he's taking for granted these playoff opportunities, now 2 straight "lost" seasons. You never know what can happen in the NBA, look at guys like Love & Lee who can't even make the playoffs, how they would love a shot to be on a legit contender. he should be out there.

OceanSpray
04-23-2013, 04:19 PM
I hate it. To be honest, I didn't think it would take this long because it shouldn't. Rose is more invested into his career than his team. This is a bad sign for Bulls.. Rose is 100%. He's telling them he's not. I don't think it's right that Bulls have to endure injuries from everyone else just because Rose isn't 100%. This is the playoffs.. everyone is at the stage Rose is at this point.

pacofunk64
04-23-2013, 04:24 PM
If you've never had a knee injury before then you just don't understand. Everyone handles it differently and in most cases it's getting over that mental aspect. One could argue AP should have stayed out longer than he did but he is just weird (in a very good way). I know it took me a very long time to get that confidence back and I'm not even 1% the athlete Rose is.

That being said...the athlete Rose is I thought he would have been back 2-3 weeks ago in order to get ready for the playoffs. Heck even 5-7 games ago would have been good. At this point I don't see any point or reason for him to come back.

Big Zo
04-23-2013, 04:26 PM
Has anyone ever held out this long after being cleared to play?

Westbrook36
04-23-2013, 04:30 PM
Zero problem with him sitting out the entire season, he's the FUTURE of that entire franchise. If he doesn't feel 100% confident to play again then he shouldn't play, not to mention that he has millions of dollars on the line. Being cleared with the doctors doesn't mean that he's at 100% or that he doesn't care about his team. I broke my ankle this semester and while it's a much different injury, the psychological aspect can be somewhat of the same. When you first start playing sports again it's always in the back of your head, don't land wrong on that ankle or it could happen again. He's trying to bring his strength completely back up and not have to worry about making the wrong cut.

JoeBlessU
04-23-2013, 04:32 PM

LOL if Miami has it this year why even play out the playoffs??? Lets just save everyone risk of injury, stop playing the playoffs and just hand the heat the trophy.
D-Rose is being a wuss about this, ACL injuries arent as bad as what they once were (just ask AP w/ his MVP award).
I cant believe hes just sitting on the bench watching his team go into battle while still cashing his FAT checks, this guy clearly only cares about himself and not about the Bulls organization.

arkanian215
04-23-2013, 04:38 PM
0a

Big Zo
04-23-2013, 04:39 PM
LOL if Miami has it this year why even play out the playoffs??? Lets just save everyone risk of injury, stop playing the playoffs and just hand the heat the trophy.
D-Rose is being a wuss about this, ACL injuries arent as bad as what they once were (just ask AP w/ his MVP award).
I cant believe hes just sitting on the bench watching his team go into battle while still cashing his FAT checks, this guy clearly only cares about himself and not about the Bulls organization.

Exactly all of this. At least someone is paying attention. Lol

GiantsSwaGG
04-23-2013, 04:44 PM
If he can't mentally get over an injury (when he was cleared by doctors for months) how can he mentally be able to lead a team?

knicks=love
04-23-2013, 04:52 PM
so this is what it's come to? becoming a big shot on the internet by calling out a superstar because he's trying to play the rest of his career to the fullest of his abilities rather than rush back into playing at a high level (the playoffs) at a high speed coming back from one of the worst sports injuries? let's think about what we're talking about here.. some people heal faster than others. some people don't feel pain after surgeries while some do. if rose says he doesn't want to come back to playing because he's not as explosive as he was before the injury, then let him come back on his own and stop making him out to be this horrible person. he's looking out for his entire career, not just one season.

LOOTERX9
04-23-2013, 04:52 PM
The Lion from the Wizard of OZ aka Rose should not be a coward and get on the floor and play some. If he does not he needs to forfeit his salary for 1 year. Then i'd gain some respect back for him if he did that

cssdmark
04-23-2013, 04:57 PM
If he is healthy and just nervous he needs to sack up, if injured seat the res of the sesson out

bleedprple&gold
04-23-2013, 05:01 PM
Pretty sure he doesn't have much respect for you either, so get over it.
What's Kobe up to these days?

Ok...how can Rose disrespect me when he doesn't know me?

Funny how you compare him to Kobe. Kobe is the last guy in the world that would pull off something like this. He said he already wants to be back opening day next season. Rose would take the year off.

Hoopsadvocate
04-23-2013, 05:05 PM
Ok...how can Rose disrespect me when he doesn't know me?

Funny how you compare him to Kobe. Kobe is the last guy in the world that would pull off something like this. He said he already wants to be back opening day next season. Rose would take the year off.

This I'm by no means a laker or Kobe fan (check out the sig they disgust me) but I respect Kobe and his heart more than I can say about rose.

CQSox305
04-23-2013, 05:19 PM
Lebron sure as hell wouldve been back months ago if he had the same injury.

sunsfan88
04-23-2013, 05:22 PM
I can't imagine Kobe, LeBron, Durant or CP3 sitting out this many games despite being cleared to play basketball.

--23--
04-23-2013, 05:25 PM
I have no problem with him sitting out, selfishly yes i wanted him on the court in Jan/Feb but realistically I understood the possibility of him sitting out this year. He's dealing with a career threaten injury as the franchise player. So I'm with him taken his time until he feels confident in his knee, If something was to happen to him no one would give a damn but say "hey maybe they should have kept him out" after the fact.

--23--
04-23-2013, 05:29 PM
Lebron sure as hell wouldve been back months ago if he had the same injury.

I can't imagine Kobe, LeBron, Durant or CP3 sitting out this many games despite being cleared to play basketball.

:confused: But Lebron agree's with Rose decision along with a few other players.

bleedprple&gold
04-23-2013, 05:32 PM
I have no problem with him sitting out, selfishly yes i wanted him on the court in Jan/Feb but realistically I understood the possibility of him sitting out this year. He's dealing with a career threaten injury as the franchise player. So I'm with him taken his time until he feels confident in his knee, If something was to happen to him no one would give a damn but say "hey maybe they should have kept him out" after the fact.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't recall a time when a player torn his ACL, came back and tore it again. The injury is a freak injury and very unlikely to happen again and threaten his career.

Snakeyestx
04-23-2013, 05:38 PM
10 minutes.... give your team 10 minutes a game in the first half.. just get a feel for the game again. -smh-

nycericanguy
04-23-2013, 05:40 PM
:confused: But Lebron agree's with Rose decision along with a few other players.

and you REALLY think other players are going to come out and say "no he should be playing", even if that's how they really felt? smh...

beasted86
04-23-2013, 05:46 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't recall a time when a player torn his ACL, came back and tore it again. The injury is a freak injury and very unlikely to happen again and threaten his career.

Yes, you are wrong. Just three examples of players in recent years are Josh Howard, Michael Redd, and Baron Davis.

Snakeyestx
04-23-2013, 05:54 PM
... Baron Davis.

The difference here is Baron Davis WANTS to come back the day he's medically cleared. :ohno:

Stunner
04-23-2013, 06:08 PM
Tim Hardaway a player who has had the injury even suggested Rose should sit the year out . Rose doesn't want to come back if he can't play 40 mins off the bat he's too prideful to play limited mins . He doesn't want to come back and feel restricted physically and mins wise . I rather him get ready physically and mentality than to have his career turn out like Gilbert Arenas and Robbie Hummel who was cleard and tore the same ACL again . People keep saying Rose isn't this and Rose not that . Rose is Rose not Kobe , Not CP3 not anyone . Let him make his own legacy . Rose in the part has played thrusts injuries than I can count over his career . The fact that Rose got hurt on a move he's done all his life scares him not physical contact . So let the man live and handle it the best he can . Most of y'all gonna like him again as soon As he scores 30. Most of its people being selfish I'm this forum , Rose doesn't owe me a damn thing . He made the Bulls relevant again and I'm thankful for that .

bleedprple&gold
04-23-2013, 06:16 PM
Yes, you are wrong. Just three examples of players in recent years are Josh Howard, Michael Redd, and Baron Davis.

What I meant was re-tear the injury from coming back too soon. Howard re-tore his almost 3 years later, Baron re-tore his many years later. Redd is the only one you can make an argument for re-tearing his a year later, so I'll give you that. Did he come back too soon? Possibly, but Redd came back much sooner than Rose so its hard to compare.

But these guys prove that after this type of injury the knee is possibly weakened for the rest of your career and is at risk for re-tear any time, including years later, so might as well play now because the knee is not going to improve anymore.

maddBat
04-23-2013, 06:17 PM
he should come back when hes ready. he missed a whole season already. im pretty sure hes dying to get back on the court. hes a competitive kinda guy

TheIlladelph16
04-23-2013, 06:33 PM
This thought process is seriously so stupid. How anyone can blame Rose or even call him out on this is out of their damn mind.

Injuries like this are just as much mental, as they are physical. Rose's entire game is predicated upon his insane athletic ability, which I would say having healthy knees is a must until his game evolves later in his career (see CP3). Rose is not the type of player or person to give some bs excuse or hold out on his team when they desperately need him. If he says he is not ready, he simply isn't ready.

I'll take the side of the franchise cornerstone and recent MVP on this one. One playoff run is not worth risking the entirety of what should be a HOF career.

smith&wesson
04-23-2013, 06:49 PM
he has been cleared to play for some time now. he should def be playing!

ChitownBears22
04-23-2013, 06:52 PM
He should just sit. The longer he sits and the better the teams plays, the more people realize he wasn't the reason for their success.

85BearsDefense
04-23-2013, 06:53 PM
If he is still hurt he should not touch the court but if he is not hurt then there's no reason he should not be on the court.

smith&wesson
04-23-2013, 06:55 PM
id laugh my *** off if they traded him in the offseason ..

Sactown
04-23-2013, 06:58 PM
Dude should of started @ 5MPG 2 months ago and worked his way into the system.. I think it's to late at this point

DaBear
04-23-2013, 07:01 PM
Rose needs to be in rhythm and shape to be at his best against Miami, and there is simply not enough time to allow that. Just sit out the rest of the year and come back fresh in October.

This is all assuming the Bulls beat the Nets, but I think the Bulls win in 6.

bleedprple&gold
04-23-2013, 07:07 PM
He should just sit. The longer he sits and the better the teams plays, the more people realize he wasn't the reason for their success.

It's hard to argue he hasn't contributed to their success

2010-11 season w/ Rose: Win pct. .756 Postseason w/ Rose: ECF
2011-12 season w/ Rose: Win pct. .758 Postseason w/o Rose: out in first round
2012-13 season w/o Rose: Win pct. .549 Postseason w/o Rose: could be out in first round

b@llhog24
04-23-2013, 07:12 PM

I dont really care since they wont beat Miami anyways

Im always on the players side when it comes to injuries.

If I'm the Bulls I say Derick go home enjoy your summer see you at training camp. You haven't played all year and we would rather be sure you are healthy so we can make a run next year.

You don't play in the regular season off an injury like his you don't risk it in the playoffs, not at his age.

Rose is gonna need about 10-15 games to get back into rhythm, and for his teammates to adjust to him and to build that cohesiveness and team chemistry.....

Bringing Rose back now would do more harm then good....

if he is not ready then he isn't ready, over 300 million are invested on those knees..

I'll go with this...

The guy is from Chi-town and almost bursted into tears when they lost to Miami in the ECF. He wants to play and anyone who is on this witch hunt saying otherwise and that Rose is a pansy doesn't have a clue. I'm a fan of the kid and have been for a few years now but only after seeing how much heart the guy has and his determination to bring a championship to his home town.

He's coming back from a serious injury and if he can come back against Miami I'd love to see it but if he is rushing it in anyway because of nba fan pressure I hope he changes his mind because no one here is a doctor or D-Rose so they don't really have a clue.

so this is what it's come to? becoming a big shot on the internet by calling out a superstar because he's trying to play the rest of his career to the fullest of his abilities rather than rush back into playing at a high level (the playoffs) at a high speed coming back from one of the worst sports injuries? let's think about what we're talking about here.. some people heal faster than others. some people don't feel pain after surgeries while some do. if rose says he doesn't want to come back to playing because he's not as explosive as he was before the injury, then let him come back on his own and stop making him out to be this horrible person. he's looking out for his entire career, not just one season.

These.

ChitownBears22
04-23-2013, 07:17 PM

2012-13 season w/o Rose: Win pct. .549 Postseason w/o Rose: could be out in first round

I'm not saying he isn't good or talented. Just saying the bulls play team ball.

Cubby
04-23-2013, 07:33 PM

Wow, what is that, two days in a row of ridiculous comments? You're on a roll!

Cubby
04-23-2013, 07:36 PM

I'm not saying he isn't good or talented. Just saying the bulls play team ball.

What happened to them being boring and missing so many shots last night?

How exactly does a top 10 player not make us better? Having a guy that can make tough shots when plays break down makes literally evey team better. Never, in any instance, has that made a team worse.

You're just biased, plain and simple.

NoahH
04-23-2013, 07:55 PM
Bench Kirk Hinrich and give D Rose his minutes. Play D Rose 20mins a game this series and in 5ish games he should shake off some rust and get back to about 80% or so. Then he'll be good to play 30mins / game for the HEAT series and average 16ppg 6apg and lose in 5 to Miami

Cubby
04-23-2013, 08:12 PM
Heat*

sunsfan88
04-23-2013, 08:18 PM

No duh he's going to say that. It presents a much easier path for LeBron to the Finals!

I'm sure I you ask him, LeBron will also say that 'Melo, D-Will, Hibbert, George, Garnett should all sit and watch like D-Rose.

bleedprple&gold
04-23-2013, 08:26 PM
No duh he's going to say that. It presents a much easier path for LeBron to the Finals!

I'm sure I you ask him, LeBron will also say that 'Melo, D-Will, Hibbert, George, Garnett should all sit and watch like D-Rose.

Yes exactly D-Rose also needs to get back so the Heat don't cakewalk to the Finals.

Cubby
04-23-2013, 09:20 PM

Yes exactly D-Rose also needs to get back so the Heat don't cakewalk to the Finals.

They probably still would get a cakewalk because we'd still be adjusting to Rose in the lineup and he'd be adjusting to the pace of the game.

kenzo400
04-23-2013, 09:43 PM
Brooklyn is going to beat Chicago. The Bulls need to play every game like "game 2" The problem is that a couple of their main guys are bound to struggle some of the games. They need everyone to be on their game offensively to win, since they don't have one player that can take over on the offensive end.

Rose would disrupt the lineup. But, I think the positives outweigh the negatives. If you play him very limited time and slowly bring him back, he can help the team tremendously. Just that small infusion of scoring (even if it's only 40% of his usual self) would make a big difference.

kobe4thewinbang
04-23-2013, 10:02 PM
He can shoot around, but he must not be ready to play for real, which would mean a greater amount of physical exertion. I agree that it might be worth a laugh to start playing against Brooklyn, but Chicago is playing well enough without him and if he struggles it will disrupt all of their momentum. He probably doesn't want to embarrass himself.

6cadi6
04-23-2013, 10:07 PM
Poor D-Rose. :injury: :violin: :horse: :shush:

ManRam
04-23-2013, 10:09 PM
i'm still inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt...but i'm getting close to giving up on that policy. he's been practicing for soooo long now. we're kinda in uncharted territory here in that regard.

however, they aren't winning it all with him anyways...so the future is still way more important than maybe winning an extra series.

effen5
04-23-2013, 10:11 PM
Brooklyn is going to beat Chicago. The Bulls need to play every game like "game 2" The problem is that a couple of their main guys are bound to struggle some of the games. They need everyone to be on their game offensively to win, since they don't have one player that can take over on the offensive end.

Rose would disrupt the lineup. But, I think the positives outweigh the negatives. If you play him very limited time and slowly bring him back, he can help the team tremendously. Just that small infusion of scoring (even if it's only 40% of his usual self) would make a big difference.

You do realize they do play like "game 2" every game right? Game 1 was the anomaly.

effen5
04-23-2013, 10:15 PM

Dumbest post in this thread. Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about. Rose makes everybody on this team better...there is a reason why Deng has struggled recently and there is a reason why this team struggles on offense. No Rose.

asandhu23
04-23-2013, 10:16 PM
People who say Rose needs to sack up need to shut up and take some sports medicine and sports psychology classes.

ManRam
04-23-2013, 10:20 PM
i will say that i don't think the "shumpert is playing like ****" argument in defense of rose really matters for the sole fact that shumpert is no more ****** this year than he was last year. dude is never gonna be a good offensive player (that was irrational knicks fan hype). in fact, he's played better this year than last.

Becks2307
04-23-2013, 10:24 PM
i will say that i don't think the "shumpert is playing like ****" argument in defense of rose really matters for the sole fact that shumpert is no more ****** this year than he was last year. dude is never gonna be a good offensive player (that was irrational knicks fan hype). in fact, he's played better this year than last.

Shump is shooting 40% from 3, ill take it.

ManRam
04-23-2013, 10:28 PM
Shump is shooting 40% from 3, ill take it.

true. doesn't make him a good offensive player though. also, we'll see if that lasts. there's little suggesting this sample size is too telling in terms of three point shooting. but this is off-topic...so i digress.

TheLegend
04-23-2013, 10:30 PM

I hate when people assume like this. This is a good example of someone that assuming way to much to soon. Are Miami the favorites? Yes, but they have to get through 4 rounds. Anything can happen. Lebron can break his neck next game then what? Don't assume like this guy is assuming. If that's the case then we have no shot next year either.

kozelkid
04-23-2013, 10:31 PM

Defensively he has been worse.

TheLegend
04-23-2013, 10:36 PM
You do realize they do play like "game 2" every game right? Game 1 was the anomaly.

Not true, if that was the case we wouldn't have lost to teams like the pistons, raptors, and wizards. We are 6 seed for a reason.

sunsfan88
04-23-2013, 10:41 PM
Still its Derrick Rose. The Heat would have to gameplan a lot differently with him playing than without him playing. Even if he was playing on one leg.

ManRam
04-23-2013, 10:45 PM
Defensively he has been worse.

but we don't care much about Rose's defense, do we. they need his offense.

and shump hasn't been that much worse. earlier on it was a bit iffy but recently he's looked very good. early on he looked a bit passive and lacked the "ferociousness" (as i think mike brown put it), but he's been tremendous this series, and has been great for weeks now.

TheLegend
04-23-2013, 10:49 PM
If he can't mentally get over an injury (when he was cleared by doctors for months) how can he mentally be able to lead a team?

If u are mentally able to go full speed in practice for months Then what's the ********** difference from going at it in a game. If he was limited in practice I understand, but If he's dominating in practice, as reported, and being the best player in practice then that should be his confidence. I'm tired of the nonsense. Rose is a elite athlete. Should've been back. He's listening to his fat chubby brother and the ppl around him. He probably don't want to go against what they are saying.

Purple_n_Gold
04-23-2013, 10:51 PM
If I was a bulls fan I would be pissed as hell. I understand the precautions and if the team decided that he shouldn't play so be it. That being said I would want to see the star player of my team chomping at the bit to play. Not saying things like I don't mind sitting out the whole season. As a competitor that is just unacceptable to me. He has been cleared for months so there has been more than enough time for him to come back. I'm not a DR not an expert just see what I see and basing an opinion on it.

TheLegend
04-23-2013, 10:56 PM
And kill this garbage about "rushing" back. Nobody's rushing back when it's been a year now. That excuse has expired. Rushing back would've been coming back in Early January, December. Its a full 12 months later already.

Purple_n_Gold
04-23-2013, 10:57 PM
Do you truly believe that he is not a big part of their success? He was an MVP a few years ago yet he's not a big part of their success? What a joke. Every star player is a big part of their teams success. In all facets from the opposing teams strategy to what you do on the floor.

TheLegend
04-23-2013, 11:16 PM
i'm still inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt...but i'm getting close to giving up on that policy. he's been practicing for soooo long now. we're kinda in uncharted territory here in that regard.

however, they aren't winning it all with him anyways...so the future is still way more important than maybe winning an extra series.

You and so others are missing the point. It's not about winning a championship, or an extra series. It's about a player 100% healthy, getting paid 15 mil, but refusing to play due to other reasons. If u are healthy, no excuses. If u are dominating in practice, that means u are crossing over, dunking, etc.. So no excuses. If a player is dominating in practice that's no excuse at this point.

kenzo400
04-23-2013, 11:48 PM

No they don't. Nobody struggled offensively in that game. You are bound to get one of the players shoot 3 of 15 one night. The problem is that they have no players that can take over the game on the offensive end.

Cubby
04-23-2013, 11:51 PM
You and so others are missing the point. It's not about winning a championship, or an extra series. It's about a player 100% healthy, getting paid 15 mil, but refusing to play due to other reasons. If u are healthy, no excuses. If u are dominating in practice, that means u are crossing over, dunking, etc.. So no excuses. If a player is dominating in practice that's no excuse at this point.

He's crossing over Daequan Cook and Vladimir Radmonovic. That's hardly something to freak out about.

And that's easy to say for someone who hasn't experienced the injury themselves. It's honestly hilarious how people put themselves in situations and say, "I'd do this" or "I'd do that" when in fact they'd never know. Everyone is different, so don't pretend to be all-knowing. It's a much different scenario when an entire franchise could be set back if he comes back before he's ready. For ****'s sake, the dude is worth almost $40 million a year as it is! You think Adidas, let alone the Bulls organization, would want him to risk another injury?

I find that hard to believe.

Cubby
04-23-2013, 11:52 PM
No they don't. Nobody struggled offensively in that game. You are bound to get one of the players shoot 3 of 15 one night. The problem is that they have no players that can take over the game on the offensive end.

You obviously don't watch the Bulls much.

Game 2 was much more indicative of what they're capable of.

Cubby
04-23-2013, 11:54 PM
Dumbest post in this thread. Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about. Rose makes everybody on this team better...there is a reason why Deng has struggled recently and there is a reason why this team struggles on offense. No Rose.

He never knows what he's talking about.

Cubby
04-23-2013, 11:54 PM
People who say Rose needs to sack up need to shut up and take some sports medicine and sports psychology classes.

Thank you.

Cubby
04-23-2013, 11:57 PM
If u are mentally able to go full speed in practice for months Then what's the ********** difference from going at it in a game. If he was limited in practice I understand, but If he's dominating in practice, as reported, and being the best player in practice then that should be his confidence. I'm tired of the nonsense. Rose is a elite athlete. Should've been back. He's listening to his fat chubby brother and the ppl around him. He probably don't want to go against what they are saying.

As a multi-sport athlete/Olympian/bodybuilder/tribal tattoo enthusiast, I'd figure you'd know the difference between games and practice...

... guess not.

kenzo400
04-23-2013, 11:59 PM

Of course they are capable of it. That doesn't mean they can consistently play like that.

kenzo400
04-24-2013, 12:00 AM

Of course they are capable of it. That doesn't mean they can consistently play like that.

metsbulls1025
04-24-2013, 12:00 AM
I think all parties involved need to stop acting like children and tell us one way or another. I will be ****ing furious if it comes out that the plan all along was to sit out the season while Rose and the Bulls keep telling us there is a chance.

Even now in the playoffs. We still can't get a direct answer. Rose and the Bulls need to stop jerking the fans around. Stop having Rose dunking in warmups and looking OK only to announce he is out for the game. Sit his *** down, tell us he is done for the year, and get on with the playoffs.

bootleg42
04-24-2013, 12:01 AM

I don't think it's his ego as much as it's his wallet.

Anyone remember Penny Hardaway back in the 90's??? Well, he got hurt and never became the same again.

Rose has endorsements, and at least 7-8 years of being a max contract player. He's thinking on that.

Besides, the Bulls aren't going past the Heat or the Knicks so if you're the Bulls, you might as well wait until next year.

Becks2307
04-24-2013, 12:03 AM
I don't think it's his ego as much as it's his wallet.

Anyone remember Penny Hardaway back in the 90's??? Well, he got hurt and never became the same again.

Rose has endorsements, and at least 7-8 years of being a max contract player. He's thinking on that.

Besides, the Bulls aren't going past the Heat or the Knicks so if you're the Bulls, you might as well wait until next year.

ehh not so sure about that. 0-4 means something.

SportsFanatic10
04-24-2013, 12:04 AM
the whole situation baffles me, just seems like an unnecessary distraction to the team. it's easy to say from the outside looking in, but i think rose should be out there with his team to lead them. or at least declare himself out. it doesn't look good on his part at this point based on what in publicly known.

monzternipz12
04-24-2013, 12:07 AM
I think all parties involved need to stop acting like children and tell us one way or another. I will be ****ing furious if it comes out that the plan all along was to sit out the season while Rose and the Bulls keep telling us there is a chance.

Even now in the playoffs. We still can't get a direct answer. Rose and the Bulls need to stop jerking the fans around. Stop having Rose dunking in warmups and looking OK only to announce he is out for the game. Sit his *** down, tell us he is done for the year, and get on with the playoffs.

Thank you. Pretty much sums up the main problem here.

DallasTrilla23
04-24-2013, 12:09 AM

Noah is limping across the court play after play for the team in a series that they have almost no shot at winning. If Rose would play they would win easy..

I understand that Rose isn't mentally ready but he needs to find a way to get mentally ready.

TheLegend
04-24-2013, 12:20 AM
He's crossing over Daequan Cook and Vladimir Radmonovic. That's hardly something to freak out about.

And that's easy to say for someone who hasn't experienced the injury themselves. It's honestly hilarious how people put themselves in situations and say, "I'd do this" or "I'd do that" when in fact they'd never know. Everyone is different, so don't pretend to be all-knowing. It's a much different scenario when an entire franchise could be set back if he comes back before he's ready. For ****'s sake, the dude is worth almost $40 million a year as it is! You think Adidas, let alone the Bulls organization, would want him to risk another injury

I find that hard to believe.

He's crossing over cook? So I guess he doesn't practice with Hinrich, Butler, and Deng. I guess they just sit around and let Rose go against the bums then. Right. Nice try. Here's the point u apparently have a hard time grasping. Outside of the mental aspect, There's nothin wrong with Rose. It's been 12 months. Not 7 or 8. Let that marinate. Get it?? It's been a year bro. The recovery process is better now then it has ever been. He's been cleared for months.

And I doubt they half-*** it in a thibs practice. Knowing Thibs i bet they go at it hard in practice. So if he can physically drive to the hole in a practice he can do it in a game. It's mental. I get that. But I find it odd to be the best player in practice but yet no confidence to play in a game. That sounds a bit odd.

Cubby
04-24-2013, 12:25 AM
He's crossing over cook? So I guess he doesn't practice with Hinrich, Butler, and Deng. I guess they just sit around and let Rose go against the bums then. Right. Nice try. Here's the point u apparently have a hard time grasping. Outside of the mental aspect, There's nothin wrong with Rose. It's been 12 months. Not 7 or 8. Let that marinate. Get it?? It's been a year bro. The recovery process is better now then it has ever been. He's been cleared for months.

And I doubt they half-*** it in a thibs practice. Knowing Thibs i bet they go at it hard in practice. So if he can physically drive to the hole in a practice he can do it in a game. It's mental. I get that. But I find it odd to be the best player in practice but yet no confidence to play in a game. That sounds a bit odd.

He had surgery on May 12. Hasn't been a year yet, "bro." Regardless, if he comes back before he's mentally ready, he will be favoring his other leg, which increases the risk of another injury. Get that?

Thibs practice or not, nothing can prepare you for games besides the games themselves. They're two completely different animals.

Cubby
04-24-2013, 12:26 AM

They've played defense like that 90% of the time. They did what they always do: out hustle, out rebound, and out defend the opposing team.

Ebbs
04-24-2013, 12:27 AM
Yup

Cubby
04-24-2013, 12:27 AM
the whole situation baffles me, just seems like an unnecessary distraction to the team. it's easy to say from the outside looking in, but i think rose should be out there with his team to lead them. or at least declare himself out. it doesn't look good on his part at this point based on what in publicly known.

Thibs already said he's probably out for the whole postseason, so Rose doesn't have to say anything.

TheLegend
04-24-2013, 12:46 AM
He had surgery on May 12. Hasn't been a year yet, "bro." Regardless, if he comes back before he's mentally ready, he will be favoring his other leg, which increases the risk of another injury. Get that?

Thibs practice or not, nothing can prepare you for games besides the games themselves. They're two completely different animals.

You are not just missing one point on this, but you are missing like 7 different points "bro". Just clueless beyond hope. If there is a problem, then he wouldn't be having successful practices. Meaning, if I'm not confident in a game then I'm not confident in practice either. But Rose said he can do about EVERYTHING. I've heard he was dominating in practice. Stacey King practically raved how good he looked.

I believe the reason he's not playing is NOT the reason he's saying. I believe it's more in line to what his brother has said, what Bj has said, his inner circle ,etc.. Or could be maybe the Bulls being cautious. Either way, it's been handled poorly. Peterson couldn't wait to get back on the field, I know they are different but I'm just saying.

TheLegend
04-24-2013, 12:53 AM
They've played defense like that 90% of the time. They did what they always do: out hustle, out rebound, and out defend the opposing team.

Incorrect. If they played like that 90% of the time They wouldn't lose to the Cavs, Raptors, bobcats, wizards, pistons, etc. they have been inconsistent all year playin up and down to their competition.

metsbulls1025
04-24-2013, 12:55 AM
Thibs already said he's probably out for the whole postseason, so Rose doesn't have to say anything.

Saying this

Thibodeau said on Saturday that Rose was "most likely out" for the postseason but he continues to hold out hope that Rose may be able to play at some point as he continues to recover from ACL surgery.

“But you never know,” Thibodeau said. “The playoffs are stretched out, too, so you have to factor that in. Who knows another week from now where he is? You always want to leave that possibility open.”

is jerking the fans around.

Source
04-24-2013, 01:07 AM
There's 2 sides to this. He has his whole career full of playoff runs ahead of him, and he shouldn't "risk" this year when there's not much chance the Bulls get by the Heat anyway.

On the other hand, his team has been busting their ***** off throughout the whole regular season probably expecting him to return for the post-season, only to find out he's still not "mentally ready".

CavsYanksDuke
04-24-2013, 01:08 AM
If the Bulls win this series and don't incorporate him into the next series, I will honestly lose some respect for Rose. It's like he would be trying to dodge the blame if they lose in the playoffs. "The Bulls lost, but just because I wasn't out there." If he's like his brother, and really thinks his teammates aren't worth ish and is using this to force management to make trades...tsk tsk.

SportsFanatic10
04-24-2013, 01:12 AM

CavsYanksDuke
04-24-2013, 01:17 AM
I totally agree with those of you saying this approach is stupid. You know his teammates are thinking about it, you know the fans are going to be chanting for him. It's a distraction that can easily be solved with a solid no from management.

kenzo400
04-24-2013, 01:27 AM

Great, but I wasn't talking about defense.

bleedprple&gold
04-24-2013, 01:48 AM

Don't need to, I trust the doctors that say he was medically cleared to play months ago.

JJ_JKidd
04-24-2013, 02:57 AM

Thank god I am not a Bulls fan. I dont wanna endure such. Jeez Rose help your team.

asandhu23
04-24-2013, 03:08 AM
Don't need to, I trust the doctors that say he was medically cleared to play months ago.

Yeah, let's ignore the psychological aspect of it. He isn't going to be comfortable doing what he used to do for a while. There is absolutely no need to rush him back.

poleandreel
04-24-2013, 03:13 AM
Amare had knee surgery 8 weeks ago and is going to return in the next round if he is cleared. Rose is a bum and has no heart. Everyone plays injured and yet, he can't. He should never ever ever be compared to westbrook ever again because westy would NEVER leave his team out to dry like that. He competes and plays every single night even though he attacks and falls as much as anyone in the league.

CavsYanksDuke
04-24-2013, 03:28 AM
Yeah, let's ignore the psychological aspect of it. He isn't going to be comfortable doing what he used to do for a while. There is absolutely no need to rush him back.

No need? Do you watch the Playoffs? Do you not see the HEAT getting better every year while the Bulls lose valuable bench players? Do you not see the Knicks becoming relevant? The window for a team to be a legit contender is small and this guy is blowing his shot at a title.

The guy has been playing basketball since childhood, why in the hell is it so hard to imagine being mentally ready to come off the bench? Christ, you guys make it sound like he has to do everything himself. He's on a great team that would greatly benefit from having a quick athletic guard on both sides of the floor. Kirk did a great job the other night against DWill, but he can't play 48 min.

If he's mentally unable to play a game he's played his entire life while being paid more than Michael Jordan...I don't know if he's cut out to win a championship. The HEAT and Knicks look to be contenders in the East for the next five years if they keep their main pieces. I hope Derrick enjoys his summers, because he'll have long off seasons for a long time...

asandhu23
04-24-2013, 03:42 AM
No need? Do you watch the Playoffs? Do you not see the HEAT getting better every year while the Bulls lose valuable bench players? Do you not see the Knicks becoming relevant? The window for a team to be a legit contender is small and this guy is blowing his shot at a title.

The guy has been playing basketball since childhood, why in the hell is it so hard to imagine being mentally ready to come off the bench? Christ, you guys make it sound like he has to do everything himself. He's on a great team that would greatly benefit from having a quick athletic guard on both sides of the floor. Kirk did a great job the other night against DWill, but he can't play 48 min.

If he's mentally unable to play a game he's played his entire life while being paid more than Michael Jordan...I don't know if he's cut out to win a championship. The HEAT and Knicks look to be contenders in the East for the next five years if they keep their main pieces. I hope Derrick enjoys his summers, because he'll have long off seasons for a long time...

you obviously don't know anything about psychology. This has nothing do with role off the bench. This has to do with him not being comfortable with his body after such an injury.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo1UlzDeY-o

Look at how that injury happened. This is something he's been doing his whole life but on that instance, it tore his ligament. You seriously think he is going to be comfortable doing that same move again?

raiderposting
04-24-2013, 03:49 AM
Imagine if he was benched on the deadball before Lol. Still rose dropped off my list. Don't see the heart of a champ in him.

setman2000
04-24-2013, 05:17 AM
Rose looks like a total pu$$y who only cares about himself. Pathetic

HYFR
04-24-2013, 05:51 AM
He is in a lose-lose situation right now. If he comes back there is no way he will be ready to compete at a high level. And if he sits out, he is called soft. This comes with the territory of being a high profile player tho and he can't let the media and fans dictate what he does.

Becks2307
04-24-2013, 06:16 AM
Derrick just doesnt want to come back and be a bit part player playing only 15-25 mins a game. But what I dont get is that it would help the team so much if he did. Its really hard to see Noah about there on one leg giving his all when you know how much Rose's presence would help. Even if he just decided to be a shooter it would help the team big time.

GiantsSwaGG
04-24-2013, 07:16 AM

That's why you play to get comfortable. Shumpert did, man up Rose

LakersIn5
04-24-2013, 08:20 AM
how the f would you get comfortable if youre not going to play a god damn minute. go play like 10 minutes first so atleast he can get a hangout of things. and dafuq 1 year to get comfortble for professional nba player is laughable

ChitownSports16
04-24-2013, 09:08 AM
cant wait when he really does come back and ya will be riding his nuts....

Asik's better
04-24-2013, 09:24 AM
I have never been more annoyed with this forum before I read this thread. If I'm the Chicago Bulls and my franchise player is coming off an ACL injury, I would be more than happy to give him as much time as he needed to be 110%. I sat through year after year of t-mac and Yao being injured constantly. There is no point at all for rose to come back this season. In no world will the bulls win a championship this season if rose came back this season. Everyone is just mad because they fell for a stupid Adidas commercial.

TheIlladelph16
04-24-2013, 09:38 AM

This is utter nonsense, although I'm not particularly surprised. Let me know when you have personally diagnosed Derrick Rose with your sports science degree, then you can tell us all about what is and isn't an excuse. What in Derrick Rose's professional career would suggest he is "refusing to play due to other reasons?" Because last time I saw Rose, he was in tears over his injury. Yeah... he sure seems like a guy who just doesn't want to play.

I'll repeat this again. You do not risk your franchise cornerstone if he or the management feels he isn't physically OR mentally ready to step on the court and play at a high level. If he is not mentally ready, he is going to favor one leg putting him at a much higher risk of re-injury. 10+ Years of Rose >>>> 3-4 weeks of Rose in a lost season.

nycericanguy
04-24-2013, 09:42 AM
I have never been more annoyed with this forum before I read this thread. If I'm the Chicago Bulls and my franchise player is coming off an ACL injury, I would be more than happy to give him as much time as he needed to be 110%. I sat through year after year of t-mac and Yao being injured constantly. There is no point at all for rose to come back this season. In no world will the bulls win a championship this season if rose came back this season. Everyone is just mad because they fell for a stupid Adidas commercial.

You can't put bubble wrap around players, injuries happen. Rose has been out for 12 months, the recovery time was 8-12 months. He's already at the extreme worse case scenario, yet he's had no setbacks. He's said he can do everything, he's been cleared for 3 months... how much more can a team protect a player?

I guess if he never plays then they can preserve him forever?

Rose has now had 2 straight lost seasons on a contending team, again, I think he's taking for granted being on a contending team with a shot to beat MIA. How many chances did Tmac get in the 2nd round? Rose has a legit shot at MIA and the ECF finals, and he's choosing to sit on the bench while Noah & Deng go out there hurt...

ATX
04-24-2013, 10:07 AM
I think instead of D Rose needing to "Sack up" and begin playing in a much more physical playoffs, some should get "Off his sack" and let the man decide for hmself when he's ready. There has always been the speculation that he would be out for this whole season.

ghettosean
04-24-2013, 10:18 AM
I think instead of D Rose needing to "Sack up" and begin playing in a much more physical playoffs, some should get "Off his sack" and let the man decide for hmself when he's ready. There has always been the speculation that he would be out for this whole season.

This...

I'm super disgusted by some of the posts I'm reading saying he needs to man up... Give me a break what is it going to prove if he comes back at this time??? Why rush back like other superstars in the past before they are ready and get reinjured again. This is Chicago's franchise player and since they were told that he would most likely miss the season there should be no surprises and if you want him to be healthy for years to come then the man should rest.

He can test his body next year after this serious injury he shouldn't test it in the most grueling part of the season to please a few fans which can only hinder his health and possibly the franchise for years to come. If people are really fans of D-Rose they should understand this if not keep on with the witch hunt.

TheTreys
04-24-2013, 10:48 AM
Who cares, let em wait till next season.

xRipCity
04-24-2013, 01:06 PM
This post MAKES ME SO ANGRY. Seriously. Listen up and stop this madness.

-The Bulls are NOT IN CONTENTION with or without Rose.
-He has not played A SINGLE NBA game ALL YEAR.
-His team has now played over 82 GAMES without him. Chemistry is HUGE.
-Rarely does an ACL TEAR come back 100% unless your name is Adrian Peterson
-If he does come back, he puts himself at a HUGE RISK for futher injury which could seriously affect the rest of his career
-If his heart/confidence isn't in it 110% then there is no reason for him to be on the court

king4day
04-24-2013, 01:07 PM
Jeter was cleared to play and reinjured his ankle. It sucks not seeing him play but if he says he can't go, he can't go.

CityofChaos
04-24-2013, 01:23 PM
SMH. You can't just throw an unconditioned/ out of shape Rose into the playoffs believing that he will vastly turn everything around against guys that have played a full season.

And what if, theoretically speaking, he does come back and sucks because he isnt well prepared. I bet all of you illogical bulls fans would start yelling "DAMAGED GOODS, TRADE ROSE!!!!!"

Injuries happen, if you dont like the reality of it then go sue Rose like that other idiot fan.

kenzo400
04-24-2013, 01:27 PM

-If he does come back, he puts himself at a HUGE RISK for futher injury which could seriously affect the rest of his career
-If his heart/confidence isn't in it 110% then there is no reason for him to be on the court

How do you know he puts himself at huge risk? He's been practicing with the team for a long time and i'm pretty sure the medical staff know better than you.

His heart/confidence is ********. He is getting paid millions of dollars to play basketball. The Bulls should not be catering to a primadonna. If he doesn't want to play then he should give a portion of his salary back.

CityofChaos
04-24-2013, 01:30 PM
How do you know he puts himself at huge risk? He's been practicing with the team for a long time and i'm pretty sure the medical staff know better than you.

His heart/confidence is ********. He is getting paid millions of dollars to play basketball. The Bulls should not be catering to a primadonna. If he doesn't want to play then he should give a portion of his salary back.

So youre saying practice and an NBA game against some of the best players in the world fighting to make it the finals are similar environments?

kenzo400
04-24-2013, 01:31 PM
So youre saying practice and an NBA game against some of the best players in the world fighting to make it the finals are similar environments?

That is a strawman. What i'm saying is that everyone on the Chicago staff is saying that he is physically ready.

TheLegend
04-24-2013, 01:34 PM
This is utter nonsense, although I'm not particularly surprised. Let me know when you have personally diagnosed Derrick Rose with your sports science degree, then you can tell us all about what is and isn't an excuse. What in Derrick Rose's professional career would suggest he is "refusing to play due to other reasons?" Because last time I saw Rose, he was in tears over his injury. Yeah... he sure seems like a guy who just doesn't want to play.

I'll repeat this again. You do not risk your franchise cornerstone if he or the management feels he isn't physically OR mentally ready to step on the court and play at a high level. If he is not mentally ready, he is going to favor one leg putting him at a much higher risk of re-injury. 10+ Years of Rose >>>> 3-4 weeks of Rose in a lost season.

My point is this, he's been cleared for months, and DOMINATING and often the best player In practice. Well if that's the case, couldn't he get re-injured in practice? If he was limited in practice, then fine. But he's not. And If he's not mentally ready then why risk it in practice?

macc
04-24-2013, 01:34 PM
I take it people saying he needs to just suck it up and play have never had any major injury before. I jacked up my knee last year and it's been 8 months and it's still not the same. I'm cleared to play ball but the mental aspect makes you hesitant. It's one thing you just don't understand until you're put in that situation.

Let the guy take the time he needs. He may be physically able to go but if he's not mentally there and doesn't have his confidense then he might as well sit out. Once again, if you're never been injured you should shhhhhh about it, because you have no clue.

kenzo400
04-24-2013, 01:37 PM
I take it people saying he needs to just suck it up and play have never had any major injury before. I jacked up my knee last year and it's been 8 months and it's still not the same. I'm cleared to play ball but the mental aspect makes you hesitant. It's one thing you just don't understand until you're put in that situation.

Let the guy take the time he needs. He may be physically able to go but if he's not mentally there and doesn't have his confidense then he might as well sit out. Once again, if you're never been injured you should shhhhhh about it, because you have no clue.

Are you getting paid 16 million a year? Last time I checked, Rose works for the Bulls. Not the other way around.

macc
04-24-2013, 01:41 PM
Are you getting paid 16 million a year? Last time I checked, Rose works for the Bulls. Not the other way around.

You realize that the team has insurance that's paying his salary right? Hmmmmmm K? K!!!! Plus I don't see the Bulls giving Rose a hard time....you don't see players calling him out do you? Hmmm, maybe because they understand what it's like. If the team doesn't have a huge issue with it, then maybe you shouldn't either. Just stating the obvious.

And I'll say it again, if you've never been injured then you should shhhhhhh. It's easy to sit at your computer on a thread talking trash when you don't know **** about what someone goes through when they have a serious injury.

TheLegend
04-24-2013, 01:42 PM

Here's the difference, u had a no name doctor care for you. Derrick Rose had on of the very best in the country care for him. You are probably no where near even a D-league athlete, Derrick Rose is an NBA elite athlete. Ur knee injury to his is like comparing new Ferrari to a old rusty Honda. You simply can't relate bruh.

bleedprple&gold
04-24-2013, 01:44 PM
That is a strawman. What i'm saying is that everyone on the Chicago staff is saying that he is physically ready.

This. It sounds like the team wants him to play, but Rose is the one holding himself out. Selfish. That's why Thibs keeps saying he might come back this year, because you know they are all hoping he will sack up and play too. You know his teammates think he should be out there too but they won't say it publicly because it will stir up too much controversy. Even if he's not 100% confident in his knee, he doesn't have to be to play and to at least give the team something.

kenzo400
04-24-2013, 01:46 PM
You realize that the team has insurance that's paying his salary right? Hmmmmmm K? K!!!! Plus I don't see the Bulls giving Rose a hard time....you don't see players calling him out do you? Hmmm, maybe because they understand what it's like. If the team doesn't have a huge issue with it, then maybe you shouldn't either. Just stating the obvious.

I don't know if the team has issues with it. I don't imagine they would want to publicize such things. Also, you are forgetting that this is largely a players league. Management is often very careful not to hurt their reputation with their star players. It shouldn't function like this, but sadly it does.

kenzo400
04-24-2013, 01:48 PM
This. It sounds like the team wants him to play, but Rose is the one holding himself out. Selfish. That's why Thibs keeps saying he might come back this year, because you know they are all hoping he will sack up and play too. You know his teammates think he should be out there too but they won't say it publicly because it will stir up too much controversy. Even if he's not 100% confident in his knee, he doesn't have to be to play and to at least give the team something.

Exactly, the state of the league is ridiculous. Players control everything, despite the fact that they are employees. I wish that in my future career, I can have this kind of control lol Imagine being injured at work and then the doctors clear you to go back. But you just aren't mentally ready, so you decide to stay at home lol Now, that's the life!

bleedprple&gold
04-24-2013, 01:52 PM
Exactly, the state of the league is ridiculous. Players control everything, despite the fact that they are employees. I wish that in my future career, I can have this kind of control lol Imagine being injured at work and then the doctors clear you to go back. But you just aren't mentally ready, so you decide to stay at home lol Now, that's the life!

Yea exactly there's lots of days were I don't feel mentally like going to work but I have to go anyway lol

macc
04-24-2013, 01:52 PM
Here's the difference, u had a no name doctor care for you. Derrick Rose had on of the very best in the country care for him. You are probably no where near even a D-league athlete, Derrick Rose is an NBA elite athlete. Ur knee injury to his is like comparing new Ferrari to a old rusty Honda. You simply can't relate bruh.

Ofcourse I can relate. I don't have to be an NBA player to understand what it's like to come back from an injury. Once you have a serious injury and you heal from it, it takes a while to trust your body again. You won't understand it if you've never been injured.

Being in the NBA proves my point even further because you're going up against the best players in the world. It's really a lose/lose situation for him. Reguardless of what fans say, if he comes back and doesn't perform to what he's capable of then people will bash him for coming back to early or hurting his teams chances playing injured.

Once again, if you've never had a serious injury then you're simply ignrant to the situation. So therefore you should hold back comment on something you simply have no idea about. Savy

Stinkyoutsider
04-24-2013, 01:54 PM
I agree, Rose should have come back. And, he's the franchise player so he could have eased himself into better shape while playing. No disrespect to Kirk, but Rose at 50% is better than Kirk...

Here's the 2 things that make me angry about the Rose situation...

1. Why not tell people that you aren't planning on coming back? We all know it takes a lot of rehab to come back from this type of injury but don't keep saying it's a possibility to fans who want the team to win a title. What he should have done is set a concrete date, like a year after his recovery period. That would be the target date and since this date is later than the regular season, fans would know for sure he's not coming back this year because the playoffs are too important to use to get yourself in game shape.

2. Rose says he's a competitor but he lets Shumpert beat him back. I know that sounds bad in they both have different situations but if I'm Rose, there's no way in the world I'm letting Shumpert beat me back. We all know Adrian Peterson is a different kind of athlete and he plays a different sport, but Shumpert isn't. If I'm thinking I'm the best athlete in the NBA, there's no way I'm going to let Iman Shumpert beat me.

I know Rose and Noah have different injuries but Noah is suffering out there. And, if I'm Rose, I'm picking myself up and I'm playing so we both can win and suffer together like teammates should.

chi-townlove1
04-24-2013, 01:55 PM

My god do I agree 100%. It is absolutely ridiculous. I'm sick of his bull ****. Noah has been my favorite player in the entire NBA for years, and seeing him die out there game in and game out, for what?! just kills me.. tears me apart. This team is working so hard, leavin blood, sweat and tears out there, and Rose is sitting there jumping around, acting like all is good. You have worked your *** off for 15 years to get to where you are now Derrick. You tore your ACL. You've had a year to recover. I respect that it is a serious injury, but Derrick your now at as much risk to get "re injured" as you would be in 9 months. You're team deserves you. Your city deserves you. You have always been a heroic figure, please please please, turn it around before it is too late. Do the right thing, because now, there is no more excuses..

macc
04-24-2013, 01:56 PM
Bottom line is if his OWN TEAM isn't rushing him to get back then you shouldn't. If his teammates/coaches thought he was babying his injury then it would come out from someone. Someone would call him out. It would at the very least be one of the noname sources who had something to say about Rose....but you're not hearing any of that. I'm not a big Rose fan but at the same time I don't see a player who got the MVP award would slack off on returning from an injury unless his game still wasn't there yet. You don't play in the playoffs just to say you played. You have to be effective and help your team win.

bleedprple&gold
04-24-2013, 01:58 PM
Ofcourse I can relate. I don't have to be an NBA player to understand what it's like to come back from an injury. Once you have a serious injury and you heal from it, it takes a while to trust your body again. You won't understand it if you've never been injured.

Being in the NBA proves my point even further because you're going up against the best players in the world. It's really a lose/lose situation for him. Reguardless of what fans say, if he comes back and doesn't perform to what he's capable of then people will bash him for coming back to early or hurting his teams chances playing injured.

Once again, if you've never had a serious injury then you're simply ignrant to the situation. So therefore you should hold back comment on something you simply have no idea about. Savy

I disagree. He was an MVP of the whole league not too long ago. Even at 70-80% or whatever he can help the team. I don't think people will bash him for not being 100% I think he would be commended for giving what he can, as opposed to giving nothing like he is now.

macc
04-24-2013, 02:03 PM
I disagree. He was an MVP of the whole league not too long ago. Even at 70-80% or whatever he can help the team. I don't think people will bash him for not being 100% I think he would be commended for giving what he can, as opposed to giving nothing like he is now.

That's where you are wrong. People WILL bash them. If you have watched the NBA for more then a year you would know this. Here is a fact. If Rose comes back and plays and lets say he's 70%, lets say he shoots 35-40% from the field and has just a subpar series and the Bulls lose....they will put most of the blame on Rose. That's just how it works. You'll see the talking heads on ESPN talking about "should Rose of come back when he wasn't ready?" or "Did Rose coming back ruin Chicagos flow of their game?"

What is he gaining from not playing? I don't see why people think he's staying out just to stay out. Your brand loses steam/momentum when you're not playing. He knows he's hurting himself and his brand not playing so I don't see any motivation at all of why he wouldn't play unless he just doesn't feel like he would be effective in a playoff game for a team he hasn't played on all year.

bleedprple&gold
04-24-2013, 02:09 PM
That's where you are wrong. People WILL bash them. If you have watched the NBA for more then a year you would know this. Here is a fact. If Rose comes back and plays and lets say he's 70%, lets say he shoots 35-40% from the field and has just a subpar series and the Bulls lose....they will put most of the blame on Rose. That's just how it works. You'll see the talking heads on ESPN talking about "should Rose of come back when he wasn't ready?" or "Did Rose coming back ruin Chicagos flow of their game?"

What is he gaining from not playing? I don't see why people think he's staying out just to stay out. Your brand loses steam/momentum when you're not playing. He knows he's hurting himself and his brand not playing so I don't see any motivation at all of why he wouldn't play unless he just doesn't feel like he would be effective in a playoff game for a team he hasn't played on all year.

Anyway you look at it, a 70% Rose is still >> Hinrich or whoever else they have at that position. If people bash him and blame him because the Bulls lose they are ignorant because he gives them a better chance to win 100% or not.

macc
04-24-2013, 02:17 PM
Anyway you look at it, a 70% Rose is still >> Hinrich or whoever else they have at that position. If people bash him and blame him because the Bulls lose they are ignorant because he gives them a better chance to win 100% or not.

How do you know he gives them a better chance to win right now? You're basing that opinion off of assumption that he's even at 70%. KH is no scrub, the guy knows how to play. He's not the impact player Rose is but he's not some 11th 12th man bench player either.

All I'm saying is you nor I know how his body is so how can we say with any certainty what he should be doing? If his own players who see him in practice every day started calling him out then I could understand, but NOONE has. The playoffs is a huge deal and if a teammate saw there other teammate slacking then they would say something.

Once again, him not playing hurts his brand name which is coming into his own. (I own a pair of baby blue Rose's myself). So he's not gaining anything at all not playing.

Greet
04-24-2013, 02:25 PM
Rose coming back now will only hurt his team. People need to realize that basketball speed is a lot different than simulated games and shooting around. There's simply no way that Rose would have the defensive impact that Kirk has....Rose wouldn't be able to keep up with Deron in an open court right now. He may be healthy and in-shape....but that doesn't mean he's in basketball shape. That only comes from playing games.

bleedprple&gold
04-24-2013, 02:30 PM
How do you know he gives them a better chance to win right now? You're basing that opinion off of assumption that he's even at 70%. KH is no scrub, the guy knows how to play. He's not the impact player Rose is but he's not some 11th 12th man bench player either.

All I'm saying is you nor I know how his body is so how can we say with any certainty what he should be doing? If his own players who see him in practice every day started calling him out then I could understand, but NOONE has. The playoffs is a huge deal and if a teammate saw there other teammate slacking then they would say something.

Once again, him not playing hurts his brand name which is coming into his own. (I own a pair of baby blue Rose's myself). So he's not gaining anything at all not playing.

They are not going to do that because it will look really bad and ruin team chemistry and alienate him from his teammates. And of course I don't know where he is at physically but the doctors do that cleared him. The problem doesn't appear to be physical, its seems to be all mental which is why it is such an issue. If you love the game you should always be mentally ready to play.

rangersfan
04-24-2013, 02:36 PM
Let's see here, so we have a pathetic piece of white/ghetto-trash pot-bellied fat fu_k tiny-dicked loser fan telling an elite athlete how he should run his life. "Well I pay his salary," you whine. So, don't watch bball and don't support the team if you don't like how's it doing. Not like you're forced to, is it? I guess though being a bottom-of-the-barrel piece of dogsh__ with a pathetic life like most sports fans are you need the escapism watching bball offers, to the point you're addicted. So really, you need bball more than bball needs you. So, maybe Rose should be telling you how to run your hilariously pathetic life. Sports attracts the lower-rung of society freaks to begin with, and sports forums attract the bottom-of-the-barrel of those losers. So, I seriously doubt what you say in here really matters to an individual who ranks among the elite athletes in the world. You - loser, Rose - upper tier of society. See the disparity? Seriously, know your place and shut the fu_k up you hilariously sad sad little freak. Your opinions about anything are about as relevant as a homeless guy's are about Lamborghinis. It's hilarious how seriously you take sports. I bet you're aww pouty wiv yow wover wip hanging down when you type your hilariously hyperbolic emotional shrieking screeds lol lol!

bleedprple&gold
04-24-2013, 02:44 PM
Let's see here, so we have a pathetic piece of white/ghetto-trash pot-bellied fat fu_k tiny-dicked loser fan telling an elite athlete how he should run his life. "Well I pay his salary," you whine. So, don't watch bball and don't support the team if you don't like how's it doing. Not like you're forced to, is it? I guess though being a bottom-of-the-barrel piece of dogsh__ with a pathetic life like most sports fans are you need the escapism watching bball offers, to the point you're addicted. So really, you need bball more than bball needs you. So, maybe Rose should be telling you how to run your hilariously pathetic life. Sports attracts the lower-rung of society freaks to begin with, and sports forums attract the bottom-of-the-barrel of those losers. So, I seriously doubt what you say in here really matters to an individual who ranks among the elite athletes in the world. You - loser, Rose - upper tier of society. See the disparity? Seriously, know your place and shut the fu_k up you hilariously sad sad little freak. Your opinions about anything are about as relevant as a homeless guy's are about Lamborghinis. It's hilarious how seriously you take sports. I bet you're aww pouty wiv yow wover wip hanging down when you type your hilariously hyperbolic emotional shrieking screeds lol lol!

I love the irony of how you say how pathetic sports fans are and posting in this forum is meangingless, yet here you are a sports fan posting in a sports forum.

I know my opinion alone is meaningless in the grand scheme of things, but it seems there are a lot of people that agree with me, including Derrick Rose fans (which I am not). You think D-Rose doesn't care about what his fans think? He should because they are losing respect for him everyday.

And is the name-calling really necessary? You know nothing about me so your opinion of me is meaningless.

ghettosean
04-24-2013, 02:47 PM
I love the irony of how you say how pathetic sports fans are and posting in this forum is meangingless, yet here you are a sports fan posting in a sports forum.

I know my opinion alone is meaningless in the grand scheme of things, but it seems there are a lot of people that agree with me, including Derrick Rose fans (which I am not). You think D-Rose doesn't care about what his fans think? He should because they are losing respect for him everyday.

And is the name-calling really necessary? You know nothing about me so your opinion of me is meaningless.

I'd lose respect for him if he came back when he wasn't fully ready and reinjured himself and set the franchise years back. Not a bulls fan but just saying!

firebryan!!
04-24-2013, 02:51 PM
i wouldnt come back this year if i wer him..
that being said an ACL tear is crazy i went through it! they take parts of your hamstring to repair it..i didnt feel 100 percent for about 2 years an if rose is anything like most athletes out there he probably loves playing in the nba more than anything an coming back before he is ready could jeopardize his future as a pro ball player..his career is more important than getting smoked by lebron

ghettosean
04-24-2013, 02:52 PM

Bottom line is if his OWN TEAM isn't rushing him to get back then you shouldn't. If his teammates/coaches thought he was babying his injury then it would come out from someone. Someone would call him out. It would at the very least be one of the noname sources who had something to say about Rose....but you're not hearing any of that. I'm not a big Rose fan but at the same time I don't see a player who got the MVP award would slack off on returning from an injury unless his game still wasn't there yet. You don't play in the playoffs just to say you played. You have to be effective and help your team win.

I agree with all the above statements especially the bolded.

bleedprple&gold
04-24-2013, 03:00 PM
I agree with all the above statements especially the bolded.

Yea but he's not even trying to play. At least try and see if he can help the team. If he's not effective, guess what he sits back down and no one is worse off than before.

nycericanguy
04-24-2013, 03:12 PM

smh... really? bulls aren't contenders with Rose?

Chemistry? Rose has played in Thibs system for years with Deng, Noah... he's been practicing for MONTHS... this is not some new guy being thrown into a new system.

He's putting himself in huge risk?...really? he's been cleared for months... you act like we're suggesting sending him out there with a partially torn ACL... ridiculous. Every athlete has risks of getting hurt... should they never play? of course not...

macc
04-24-2013, 03:18 PM
Yea but he's not even trying to play. At least try and see if he can help the team. If he's not effective, guess what he sits back down and no one is worse off than before.

Practice gives you a good idea if you're ready to come back or not... You're accusing him of not playing when you believe he's 100% ready. So explain this. What is he gaining by not playing? I just don't get the reasoning here. If you're in the NBA that means you love the game of basketball and nothing hurts you more then watching your team play without you in the line up. So please tell me what he's gaining by not playing since you clearly believe he's 100% able to play and contribute but simply chooses not to.....

TheLegend
04-24-2013, 03:22 PM

Perhaps you should learn how to spell "ignorant" before try to call someone as such.

macc
04-24-2013, 03:25 PM
Perhaps you should learn how to spell "ignorant" before try to call someone as such.

Congrats, I missed the O while typing fast. Great quote and rebuttle to my original point.

ps. Nice tribal tattoo. I've never seen one of those before.

GiantsSwaGG
04-24-2013, 03:26 PM
Jeter was cleared to play and reinjured his ankle. It sucks not seeing him play but if he says he can't go, he can't go.

Jeter is like 100 years old and it's a different injury. Rose was cleared months ago

bleedprple&gold
04-24-2013, 03:28 PM
Practice gives you a good idea if you're ready to come back or not... You're accusing him of not playing when you believe he's 100% ready. So explain this. What is he gaining by not playing? I just don't get the reasoning here. If you're in the NBA that means you love the game of basketball and nothing hurts you more then watching your team play without you in the line up. So please tell me what he's gaining by not playing since you clearly believe he's 100% able to play and contribute but simply chooses not to.....

Obviously the possibility that he could re-injure himself, but that's always going to be a possibility for the rest of his career after an injury like this. Personally I think he's had plenty of time to heal and his injury risk is not going to be any greater now than it will be to start next season so he should just play. I probably like a lot of people thought for sure he would be back for the playoffs. What is he still waiting on? We have yet to here a legitimate reason recently why he is still out.

macc
04-24-2013, 03:33 PM
Obviously the possibility that he could re-injure himself, but that's always going to be a possibility for the rest of his career after an injury like this. Personally I think he's had plenty of time to heal and his injury risk is not going to be any greater now than it will be to start next season so he should just play. I probably like a lot of people thought for sure he would be back for the playoffs. What is he still waiting on? We have yet to here a legitimate reason recently why he is still out.

Well....the legitimate reason was.....wait for it.....that he had a serious injury. Everyone recovers at different rates. Do you not remember them talking about the possibility of him missing the "entire" season along time ago? So this isn't anything new. Just because YOU think he should play doesn't mean he should.

As I stated before, if you are a brand name, you only hurt your brand by not playing. So I believe that if he's not playing now, theres a reason for it. If the "owners" aren't complaining about it then you and I shouldn't be since you and I aren't trying to get our franchise over the hump.

Bottom line if he was faking his injury to just not play, someone would talk trash about it. It would leak somewhere.

TheLegend
04-24-2013, 03:38 PM
Congrats, I missed the O while typing fast. Great quote and rebuttle to my original point.

ps. Nice tribal tattoo. I've never seen one of those before.

Didn't respond to ur points because u didn't really have one.

Jenceman
04-24-2013, 03:38 PM
Well....the legitimate reason was.....wait for it.....that he had a serious injury. Everyone recovers at different rates. Do you not remember them talking about the possibility of him missing the "entire" season along time ago? So this isn't anything new. Just because YOU think he should play doesn't mean he should.

As I stated before, if you are a brand name, you only hurt your brand by not playing. So I believe that if he's not playing now, theres a reason for it. If the "owners" aren't complaining about it then you and I shouldn't be since you and I aren't trying to get our franchise over the hump.

Bottom line if he was faking his injury to just not play, someone would talk trash about it. It would leak somewhere.

He has recovered from his injury. That's what happens when you're cleared to play. He just isn't mentally ready. Big difference. And yeah I think he's being mentally weak, but whatever it's his decision not mine. And I respect that.

bleedprple&gold
04-24-2013, 03:42 PM

The original 1 year recovery timetable is "worst case" scenario and obviously he doesn't fall under "worst case" since he was cleared to play a while ago. So having been cleared to play, the only reason we have heard why he is not playing is mental, which personally I don't consider a legitimate reason.

And people are talking trash about him. He is getting criticized left and right outside of the Bulls organization. It's just no one inside the Bulls wants to say anything because he's their golden boy franchise player so nobody wants to stir the pot and cause controversy, especially now in playoffs when they don't need that.

This league is run by the players, you call out your star player and the next thing you know he's asking for a trade. Better to just leave it alone if you are management.

ghettosean
04-24-2013, 03:42 PM

Lets say he tries to help the team in the most grueling part of the season "the playoffs" and he reinjures himself because he wasn't ready to come back who did that help?!? I don't buy the he's just sitting to sit out stuff. His name is a brand for all his products he knows his stock is being hurt and it's the game he loves he will come back when he's ready to rush him out and say well just play 15 minutes in the Miami series... What will that accomplish, what if he gets reinjured what then???

Instead of waiting till next season there might be question marks all over his name at that point... I have to side with him on this issue and just come back when you are ready to come back not a minute sooner.

TheLegend
04-24-2013, 03:45 PM

His brand has nothing to do with this right now and not effected. It's already money in the bank and any one with a ounce of sense knows this. The minute he steps on the court they will sell like never before. And if something was to get leaked, it wouldn't be now in the mist of a playoff run, but more likely after the season. U are simply incorrect on about 95% of the things you say dude.

ghettosean
04-24-2013, 03:52 PM
His brand has nothing to do with this right now and not effected. It's already money in the bank and any one with a ounce of sense knows this. The minute he steps on the court they will sell like never before. And if something was to get leaked, it wouldn't be now in the mist of a playoff run, but more likely after the season. U are simply incorrect on about 95% of the things you say dude.

So not playing basketball will sell the same amount of D-Rose jerseys, shoes... etc??? Really???

2nd if he steps out on the court and lets say he gets reinjuried you think they will still sell like never before????

Come on now!

bleedprple&gold
04-24-2013, 03:52 PM
Lets say he tries to help the team in the most grueling part of the season "the playoffs" and he reinjures himself because he wasn't ready to come back who did that help?!? I don't buy the he's just sitting to sit out stuff. His name is a brand for all his products he knows his stock is being hurt and it's the game he loves he will come back when he's ready to rush him out and say well just play 15 minutes in the Miami series... What will that accomplish, what if he gets reinjured what then???

Instead of waiting till next season there might be question marks all over his name at that point... I have to side with him on this issue and just come back when you are ready to come back not a minute sooner.

Yea but he's part of team, it's not just all about him. He should come back because the team needs him. He's being selfish and only looking out for himself. I have to believe the doctors wouldn't clear him until the re-injury risk was about as minimal as its going to get so there's really no reason to keep waiting.

macc
04-24-2013, 04:00 PM
The original 1 year recovery timetable is "worst case" scenario and obviously he doesn't fall under "worst case" since he was cleared to play a while ago. So having been cleared to play, the only reason we have heard why he is not playing is mental, which personally I don't consider a legitimate reason.

And people are talking trash about him. He is getting criticized left and right outside of the Bulls organization. It's just no one inside the Bulls wants to say anything because he's their golden boy franchise player so nobody wants to stir the pot and cause controversy, especially now in playoffs when they don't need that.

This league is run by the players, you call out your star player and the next thing you know he's asking for a trade. Better to just leave it alone if you are management.

Your keywords "outside the organization" aka people who don't know what's going on other then what they see reported. Let them talk. There opinion means nothing.

When a doctor clears someone to play that means they are "physically" ready to play. That does not mean they are game ready. When you're in the middle of a playoff series. To me that is not a good time to plug in a player that is not game ready.

We'll just agree to disagree. You can take the side that you feel you know his body better then he does so therefore he should play and I'll take the side that I'm fine with him waiting to play until he's game ready since him not being on the floor hurts his name and brand, along with the fact that there is literally no benefit to faking an injury and sitting out.

ghettosean
04-24-2013, 04:01 PM
Yea but he's part of team, it's not just all about him. He should come back because the team needs him. He's being selfish and only looking out for himself. I have to believe the doctors wouldn't clear him until the re-injury risk was about as minimal as its going to get so there's really no reason to keep waiting.

It's not that I don't agree with you that he's at minimal risk I do but he has some mental hurdles to go through. The only thing I'm really defending him on is that he's just not mentally there... You can't throw the guy in a series against the best team in the league and not expect them to go after him and foul him hard at every opportunity they get. I see no scenario where he can be effective by just jumping into the playoffs. His mentality can cause him to make a stupid move on the court and get reinjured again.

The guy should just rest... He bleeds for the city of Chicago he would not screw over his home town he's just not ready to play on this level right now and he should just stay out of this for now. I know his team will have his back they are all passionate players but I just can't see any good coming of this if he is not mentally and possibly physically ready to come back yet.

bleedprple&gold
04-24-2013, 04:06 PM
Your keywords "outside the organization" aka people who don't know what's going on other then what they see reported. Let them talk. There opinion means nothing.

When a doctor clears someone to play that means they are "physically" ready to play. That does not mean they are game ready. When you're in the middle of a playoff series. To me that is not a good time to plug in a player that is not game ready.

We'll just agree to disagree. You can take the side that you feel you know his body better then he does so therefore he should play and I'll take the side that I'm fine with him waiting to play until he's game ready since him not being on the floor hurts his name and brand, along with the fact that there is literally no benefit to faking an injury and sitting out.

That's fine we don't have to agree. I just wanted to see what other people's opinions were on the subject. Appreciate your thoughts.

bleedprple&gold
04-24-2013, 04:07 PM
It's not that I don't agree with you that he's at minimal risk I do but he has some mental hurdles to go through. The only thing I'm really defending him on is that he's just not mentally there... You can't throw the guy in a series against the best team in the league and not expect them to go after him and foul him hard at every opportunity they get. I see no scenario where he can be effective by just jumping into the playoffs. His mentality can cause him to make a stupid move on the court and get reinjured again.

The guy should just rest... He bleeds for the city of Chicago he would not screw over his home town he's just not ready to play on this level right now and he should just stay out of this for now. I know his team will have his back they are all passionate players but I just can't see any good coming of this if he is not mentally and possibly physically ready to come back yet.

That's why he should have come back a couple of games before the playoffs at least.

ghettosean
04-24-2013, 04:11 PM
That's why he should have come back a couple of games before the playoffs at least.

Yeah but if he's not mentally ready why should he? It might help but it also might have the opposite affect. Also regardless of that since it's too late can you see any good really coming out of all this if they throw him in a playoff series with Miami?

I can't see one scenario where this turns out well for him.

bleedprple&gold
04-24-2013, 04:15 PM
Yeah but if he's not mentally ready why should he? It might help but it also might have the opposite affect. Also regardless of that since it's too late can you see any good really coming out of all this if they throw him in a playoff series with Miami?

I can't see one scenario where this turns out well for him.

Yes, good comes out of it if it gives them the best chance to win. Why even bother playing if you're not gonna play your best players? Let's just give the crown to Miami now and call it a year.

TheIlladelph16
04-24-2013, 04:18 PM
My point is this, he's been cleared for months, and DOMINATING and often the best player In practice. Well if that's the case, couldn't he get re-injured in practice? If he was limited in practice, then fine. But he's not. And If he's not mentally ready then why risk it in practice?

Practice is how you prepare yourself mentally and physically for the grind that is an NBA game. Of course he could get injured in practice, just like he could get hit by a bus walking down the street. I'm not so sure how this is that difficult for some people here.

You did not answer my question to you: "What in Derrick Rose's professional career would suggest he is "refusing to play due to other reasons?" Because last time I saw Rose, he was in tears over his injury." If I'm the GM of the Bulls, I don't even give him the option of playing this season. They are not a contender this year even if Rose comes back.

TheIlladelph16
04-24-2013, 04:20 PM
Yes, good comes out of it if it gives them the best chance to win. Why even bother playing if you're not gonna play your best players? Let's just give the crown to Miami now and call it a year.

You do not risk your franchise cornerstone for 3-4 weeks of basketball. Its not about who gives them the best chance to win. Do you honestly believe that Rose's return, after not playing a single game of basketball in over a year and is still mentally behind in rehab, would make them a contender this season? If you do, I have a bridge to sell you.

bleedprple&gold
04-24-2013, 04:29 PM
You do not risk your franchise cornerstone for 3-4 weeks of basketball. Its not about who gives them the best chance to win. Do you honestly believe that Rose's return, after not playing a single game of basketball in over a year and is still mentally behind in rehab, would make them a contender this season? If you do, I have a bridge to sell you.

No as a fan, I don't believe they are a contender because I don't think anyone is stopping Miami. But as an organization, you can't have the mentally that oh well we're gonna lose anyway so why bother trying...

ghettosean
04-24-2013, 04:30 PM

I have to disagree but well do the same and agree to not agree.... If he's mentally fragile and doesn't play close to his potential or even comes in there as a different player because of his mentality that may completely hinder his team and even possibly set back his permanent comeback to Chicago for years. There is no way Chicago are contenders if Rose is not mentally ready and rushes himself back to play a series or 2... It's just not worth it to risk your franchise over a few weeks of basketball. If he gets reinjured from hard fouls from Miami and just like Chicago did to Lebron when they ended his streak I can almost gaurantee... THEY WILL FOUL ROSE NOT JUST HARD BUT AS HARD AS THEY CAN!!! For payback and also to **** with his head.

Now is not the time and I hope he saves it for the begining of next year.

ghettosean
04-24-2013, 04:32 PM
No as a fan, I don't believe they are a contender because I don't think anyone is stopping Miami. But as an organization, you can't have the mentally that oh well we're gonna lose anyway so why bother trying...

As a franchise you should make sure your cornerstone of that franchise is around for as long as possible not just say lets make sure the ratings are higher for this series this year.

bleedprple&gold
04-24-2013, 04:38 PM
As a franchise you should make sure your cornerstone of that franchise is around for as long as possible not just say lets make sure the ratings are higher for this series this year.

Like Lebron said after Kobe got hurt, you can't worry about injuries, you just gotta play the game. Everyone that plays is at risk at all times for injuries, you can't always be worrying about that. I think its the responsibility of an organization to put the best product possible out on the court regardless if you are going to win a championship or not, and the Bulls aren't putting the best product out there they can.

macc
04-24-2013, 04:45 PM

Whaaat?!?! Do you seriously believe what you just wrote there? The playoffs are litereally the most important time of the year where a player showcases his talent!

True or false - NBA players have more eyes on them in the playoffs then they do at any other time of the year...

I'll help you out.... the answer is true. The playoffs is the main time of the year where players showcase their name/talents/brand.

This is the time your fair whether fans actually tune in and check out the games. More people watch you = more of a house hold name you become = more sales in merchandise. This isn't rocket science.

Which goes back to my original point I've made multiple times. He hurts himself not being in the game, which is why I don't believe he's ready to step on the court and be effective. If he was he would.

hotadef
04-24-2013, 04:55 PM
Im not sure what he should do, i mean people keep saying he should comeback then ppl say what if he get hurt. im thinking too what if he get hurt in practice. what is he get hurt at home. stuff happen. if he can play maybe he should but with limited minutes decoy what ever pure point guard speed and pass and just work up a sweat

Rick Rude
04-24-2013, 05:00 PM
Mark my words, rose will play when the bulls on the break of being eliminated. That way won or lose there's nom pressure and he can at least say he treks to play.

Rose should absolutely be out there by now.

ghettosean
04-24-2013, 05:02 PM
Like Lebron said after Kobe got hurt, you can't worry about injuries, you just gotta play the game. Everyone that plays is at risk at all times for injuries, you can't always be worrying about that. I think its the responsibility of an organization to put the best product possible out on the court regardless if you are going to win a championship or not, and the Bulls aren't putting the best product out there they can.

And what serious injury did Lebron suffer to give such wisdom... He's just said this to say look at how good of a leader and role model I am so he could build his brand.

He has no knowledge on serious injuries yet in his career.

Teufelshunde4
04-24-2013, 05:12 PM
Rose is doing what is right for his career... Bulls really arent in any kind of shape for a deep playoff run..

bleedprple&gold
04-24-2013, 05:24 PM
And what serious injury did Lebron suffer to give such wisdom... He's just said this to say look at how good of a leader and role model I am so he could build his brand.

He has no knowledge on serious injuries yet in his career.

No Lebron has never had a serious injury but like any player he has had injuries. I'm sure on numerous occasions he questioned whether he should play and possibly put himself at risk for further injury so he should have some idea what its like. He's just saying injuries are part of the game so just don't worry about it and play. If you get injured so be it, such is the nature of the sport.

matt_the_hulk
04-24-2013, 05:27 PM
Yet Cutler got ripped to shreds for not playing in a game he actually tore his MCL in...what hypocracy...Rose isn't doing his job, which was to continue his rehab and play NBA minutes.

TheIlladelph16
04-24-2013, 05:38 PM

The point is that the contender status of the Bulls, with or without Rose, is a HUGE factor here that people are just dismissing. Why am I risking my franchise player who is not ready to come back from injury to simply advance one round further?

When Rose is ready to play, he will play. Until then, I'm going to side with the guy who is actually coming back from the injury.

Bookey
04-24-2013, 05:43 PM
It's funny how people are calling D.Rose a ***** for not playing when he's not ready. Last year he came back too early from multiple injuries and reinjured himself again & again. The ACL injury in last year's playoffs was a result of him rushing back too soon from other injuries. He knows his body and returning when he's not ready did not do him any good last year, so he is taking his time which is the right thing to do.

Jesse2272
04-24-2013, 09:41 PM
Hopefully he has some knuckle children left in there

and we see him play

big DRose fan

THE MTL
04-24-2013, 09:59 PM
I dont think Rose is coming back. Im sry but he should have ruled himself out the entire season months ago. Even if he comes back now, does it hurt or help the team? Its going to take time to adjust. The guy hasnt played an NBA basketball game for over a year now. You just dont get back on the court and pick up where you left off without a year of playing.