PDA

View Full Version : Mike Dunlap fired

JiffyMix88
04-23-2013, 01:23 PM
Source:rotoworld

Well that was fast. Can anyone turn this franchise around to a winning record?

LAKobeBryant
04-23-2013, 01:25 PM
yeah if MJ is on the roster.

TeamSeattle
04-23-2013, 01:35 PM
I'm not sure what the Bobcats are expecting out of these coaches that they are putting forth. Dunlap was the best coach for that team, with limited talent and limited personnel down the stretch. They are always going to be towards the bottom of the league because of one factor: Michael Jordan is Owner.

VCaintdead17
04-23-2013, 01:42 PM
Kenna's improvement along with MKG and Henderson on the wing is a decent start. If they can land the number one pick and get McLemore they could be a playoff team in a few years. Still a lot of work to do with a team searching for its identity.

Sadds The Gr8
04-23-2013, 01:44 PM
It's starting to annoy me that only the coaches are being thrown under the bus for these crap teams and nothing happens to the players. Like wtf was he supposed to do with that weak *** roster? Firing coaches after 1 season is such a bs cop-out, unless he and the players' relationship was toxic

corytwotimes
04-23-2013, 01:45 PM
damn...didnt even give dude a fair chance

VendettaRed07
04-23-2013, 01:47 PM
Wtf did he even expect him to do with that team?.. He gave them the best thing he could... a top 3 draft pick...

FYL_McVeezy
04-23-2013, 01:54 PM
Why does MJ get a pass for being a ****** owner?

JiffyMix88
04-23-2013, 02:07 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if Phil Jackson called Michael and said he would be willing to coach the Bobcats?

Then again he wouldn't because they don't have a top 3 player and I honestly don't know if he is young enough or has the patience to coach a rebuilding team. You would think though without Michael Jordan Phil would have never got a boost in his coaching ranks and probably wouldn't have been as successful as a coach or had as successful of a career coaching without him so why can't Phil give Michael a boost in management by coaching his team?

king4day
04-23-2013, 02:20 PM
I'm willing to bet coaching candidates will wait until they know what pick the Bobcats get in the lottery before deciding.
A top 2 pick along with cap space will suddenly make this team enticing.

GiantsSwaGG
04-23-2013, 03:29 PM
They will regret drafting Michael Kidd Ghilcrist.

They should contact Larry Brown since he was the last coach to take them to the playoffs

NBA_Starter
04-23-2013, 07:08 PM
It's starting to annoy me that only the coaches are being thrown under the bus for these crap teams and nothing happens to the players. Like wtf was he supposed to do with that weak *** roster? Firing coaches after 1 season is such a bs cop-out, unless he and the players' relationship was toxic

That is what is slowly leaking out.

lakersfan211
04-23-2013, 09:24 PM
Become a trend with the Bobcats...Lord...how many coaches have they had in their nearly decade life?...lost count!!

topdog
04-23-2013, 10:23 PM
You knew it wasn't going to be a good year for the 'Cats when they drafted MKG second...

You can hardly blame a coach for a roster that resembles an expansion draft.

ronnyyun
04-23-2013, 11:12 PM
They are always going to be towards the bottom of the league because of one factor: Michael Jordan is Owner.http://pjal.info/3g.jpg

Jenceman
04-24-2013, 02:01 AM
I just don't understand rebuilding teams firing coaches after one year

bholly
04-24-2013, 02:27 AM
I'm not sure what the Bobcats are expecting out of these coaches that they are putting forth. Dunlap was the best coach for that team, with limited talent and limited personnel down the stretch. They are always going to be towards the bottom of the league because of one factor: Michael Jordan is Owner.

Such a dumb argument that everyone just parrots away because it's easy. He's been owner for three years and they're no worse of a franchise than they were before. Dude hired a really good GM, and in doing so promised he was willing to be patient and rebuild properly, and so far that's what they're doing - they've acquired first round picks, drafted okay, avoided taking on second tier guys who're going to make them too good to draft high, and avoided long contracts. What more do you want?
If it gets to the point that they get good and he starts breaking it up because he can't afford to pay everyone or whatever then it's fair to blame him. If he gets impatient and starts making Cho sign guys like Al Jefferson and Monta Ellis and building for mediocrity then criticize him all you like. But so far they've made a good plan and are sticking to it - you can't get on him for that.

Guppyfighter
04-24-2013, 04:49 AM
I am sorry, but firing Dunlap, a strict no nonsense guy, a perfect fit for this team, was straight up dumb.

Tanakid777
04-24-2013, 05:12 AM
(`-`) (._. ) ( - ) ( ._.) ( ' -') Oh, excuse me. Just lookin for a **** to give

But really, this is a quick trigger move. No one could win with that team

Sly Guy
04-24-2013, 11:59 AM

never, ever change that sig.

JasonJohnHorn
04-24-2013, 03:04 PM
Not a good year for coaches named Mike.

Nats_vcu-Okc35
04-24-2013, 05:53 PM
He won 3 too many games.

Seriously, they won just enough meaningless games to knock them from the best chance of landing the first pick in the lottery. As bad as they are, if the word had come down to take the foot off the gas, and Dunlap ignored him, or if the players ignored Dunlap to get him fired, I could see him getting the chop.

My outsider solution:

Bring in Phil Jackson... as GM?

Phil is in the handful of people MJ actually RESPECTS, and Jordan would be more willing to cede control of player/coach decisions to someone outside his immediate "yes man" circle, if he trusts them.

Phil could install someone like Brian Shaw as coach, who could provide consistency, and maybe bring the triangle back to the NBA. If they could squeeze the last drops out of Bynum, a system he knows could be of great benefit.

The Bobcats appear to be once again at tabula rasa approaching this offseason, give Phil the GM opportunity that he wants at this stage in his life, and give Brian Shaw the head coaching opportunity he deserves. Even if you don't go after Bynum, moves like these could at least make the bobcats relevant. A trait which they are sorely lacking right now.