PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Durant "Done With Being Second"

Pages : [1] 2

4milesperday
04-23-2013, 01:01 PM
"I've been second my whole life, I was the second-best player in high school. I was the second pick in the draft. I've been second in the MVP voting three times. I came in second in The Finals. I'm tired of being second. I'm done with it"

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/magazine/news/20130423/4-29-13-cover/

Rose will be back next season, KD can then be comfortably third.

LAKobeBryant
04-23-2013, 01:04 PM
I think KD is only going win it once or twice....like a Pierce and Dirk sticking with their team the whole career but it will be worth it at the end.

LakersIn5
04-23-2013, 01:07 PM
lol at the rose comment. if kd becomes 3rd the only current player i can see overtaking him is cp3

RLundi
04-23-2013, 01:07 PM
He will be second as long as LeBron is in the league.

Not sure why Rose is even being mentioned to be honest.

tredigs
04-23-2013, 01:10 PM
"I've been second my whole life, I was the second-best player in high school. I was the second pick in the draft. I've been second in the MVP voting three times. I came in second in The Finals. I'm tired of being second. I'm done with it"

Oh man, you'll want to remove this stupidity if you don't want to get roasted by everyone here.

And I feel KD here. Just gotta remember that he's still only 24, and if he has the will to continually improve like he has, he's going to get scary good.

doubt that given the 4 year age gap.

Baller1
04-23-2013, 01:10 PM
Rose above Durant... Haha.

Supreme LA
04-23-2013, 01:11 PM
That's weird. I have KD 4th. He's behind Melo and CP3 in my opinion.

Ray
04-23-2013, 01:12 PM
lol at the rose comment. if kd becomes 3rd the only current player i can see overtaking him is cp3

I think he meant the Bulls would beat OKC in a seven game series, putting Rose over Durant. I don't know if Rose is better than Durant, but I do agree a healthy Bulls team would beat the Thunder if they played in the championship.

bucketss
04-23-2013, 01:14 PM

:laugh2:

Supreme LA
04-23-2013, 01:15 PM
:laugh2:

What makes KD better than Melo and CP3?

heyman321
04-23-2013, 01:15 PM
Y'all are tripping. I have KD 6th behind Monta Ellis, Marc Gasol, Tiago Splitter, and Melo, and of course Lebron.

tredigs
04-23-2013, 01:16 PM

He easily had a better season than both of them, but everybody has their own criteria. That is pretty interesting that he assumed 2nd again, though.

Impact on offense. And Impact on defense. Also, durability.

JiffyMix88
04-23-2013, 01:18 PM

Not sure why Rose is even being mentioned to be honest.

It's simple he thinks Kevin Durant won't be second anymore but third behind LeBron and Rose. Does it make sense now?

LongIslandIcedZ
04-23-2013, 01:19 PM
Maybe he'll start averaging the first most shots on the Thunder.

eternal slumber
04-23-2013, 01:20 PM
KD"s third, LeBron second and Mike James aka "The Goat" being the top dog of the NBA.

KD must be trippin.

still1ballin
04-23-2013, 01:21 PM
This sets up for a great nike commercial.

Love his attitude though. Gotta have that mentality right now in the playoffs. Other than the Lakers, I will be rooting for Durant and OKC to win it all. Durant deserves a ship.

b@llhog24
04-23-2013, 01:23 PM
Always the bridesmaid never the bride.

BigBlueCrew
04-23-2013, 01:23 PM
uh oh the badass is getting angry :laugh:

Does he know he's the second option behind Russell Westbrook? Or maybe he's first if Russell lets him be

John Walls Era
04-23-2013, 01:24 PM
He forgot that he is also the 2nd option on his team. Westbrook gets more shots than him.

JiffyMix88
04-23-2013, 01:27 PM
He forgot that he is also the 2nd option on his team. Westbrook gets more shots than him.

Maybe a subliminal message he hopes Russell reads.

JAZZNC
04-23-2013, 01:33 PM
KD"s third, LeBron second and Mike James aka "The Goat" being the top dog of the NBA.

KD must be trippin.

That **** quit being funny like 5yrs ago.

RLundi
04-23-2013, 01:35 PM
It's simple he thinks Kevin Durant won't be second anymore but third behind LeBron and Rose. Does it make sense now?

Seems like you're trying to clarify it for your own understanding. Perhaps your question should be a self-addressing one?

bucketss
04-23-2013, 01:36 PM

i don't want to compare a pg and sf, but for melo hmm what makes him better? maybe because hes better in literally every single aspect in the game of basketball.

Avenged
04-23-2013, 01:38 PM
Rose is good but he is no Durant.

Sadds The Gr8
04-23-2013, 01:48 PM
He's gonna be 2nd again after this season's over...

LeperMessiah
04-23-2013, 01:54 PM

Wow, you managed to drop the 1 stupid comment that nobody can beat... All in the first post that deserves recognition.

LeperMessiah
04-23-2013, 01:54 PM

When I read the title, that's the first thouggt that came to my head lol.

Chronz
04-23-2013, 02:00 PM
Didn't Kenny Smith say he would be the best in the game right about now? He said this like 3 years ago

Quinnsanity
04-23-2013, 02:01 PM
This really makes me feel good about the finals. A pissed off Durant vs. LeBron will be awesome.

Dade County
04-23-2013, 02:05 PM
I can see the powers to be giving him a ring this year, just to create a rivalry against Lbj...

But Pat reach is too long, so their might be a lot of dead bodies found floating in a river, before he lets the HEAT organization give away another championship.

Chi~TwnHawksFan
04-23-2013, 02:08 PM
I think he meant the Bulls would beat OKC in a seven game series, putting Rose over Durant. I don't know if Rose is better than Durant, but I do agree a healthy Bulls team would beat the Thunder if they played in the championship.
:nod: Yessir

allSUAVE
04-23-2013, 02:25 PM
He said derick rose :laugh: lmaoooooOOOo

bbcmillionaire
04-23-2013, 02:31 PM
Well rose finished #1 in MVP votes, while Durant finished #2 and presumably #3 that season. And no homerism intended I think rose will win the MVP next year as well

ZHawk1123
04-23-2013, 02:46 PM

bahahaha... Just joking I hope?

But yeah, unfortunately as long as Lebron is in the NBA, KD will always be second best in the league.

LayBraun
04-23-2013, 02:48 PM
I find it odd that Kevin would say something like this, especially since we've never seen him out Westbrook in his place. If he doesn't want to be in 2nd anymore then he first needs to make it clear to Russel that he should NEVER shoot more than Durant in a game, ever.

TheIlladelph16
04-23-2013, 02:54 PM
Well rose finished #1 in MVP votes, while Durant finished #2 and presumably #3 that season. And no homerism intended I think rose will win the MVP next year as well

A guy coming off a completely missed season winning MVP? I'll give you credit man... That's bold. I don't think he even finishes in the Top 5 next year tbh.

bbcmillionaire
04-23-2013, 02:58 PM
If he averages 25ppg 8+apg and the bulls get the #1 seed I think so. Plus we all know how the media love comeback players.

yaswaggin
04-23-2013, 02:58 PM
rose isnt even the best pg let alone 2nd best player in the nba

oh btw id take westbrook > rose too

John Walls Era
04-23-2013, 03:00 PM
Maybe a subliminal message he hopes Russell reads.

KD isn't that calculated. Unfortunately for him, Westy doesn't seem that bright nor does he look like someone who would read between the lines.

DR_1
04-23-2013, 03:00 PM
KD can only get better. He has the potential to become as good as LeBron is right now, he will just have to work a bit harder than LeBron did. But I have no doubt he will do it, his work ethic reminds me of Kobe.

DR_1
04-23-2013, 03:01 PM
rose isnt even the best pg let alone 2nd best player in the nba

oh btw id take westbrook > rose too

:laugh: How quickly people forget

John Walls Era
04-23-2013, 03:01 PM
Thunder are going to have to live and die through Westbrook. Without Harden setting up plays for the team in the 4th, Westbrook is going to have the ball every possession in the playoffs.

BklynKnicks3
04-23-2013, 03:02 PM
he got his wish Melo is now 2nd

Swashcuff
04-23-2013, 03:05 PM

I find it odd that Kevin would say something like this, especially since we've never seen him out Westbrook in his place. If he doesn't want to be in 2nd anymore then he first needs to make it clear to Russel that he should NEVER shoot more than Durant in a game, ever.

Durant averaged 11.1 less points per 36 (http://www.nba.com/advancedstats/player-vs-player.html#Russell-Westbrook-vs-Kevin-Durant|201566,201142;year=201112;season=p) last post season when Westy went to the bench and actually plays better in games in which he took less shots than Westbrook. This idea that Westbrook is somehow holding KD back couldn't be further from the truth he is one of the players that help make him better, he knows it, the coach knows it, the Thunder knows it and the fact back it all up. Why would he argue with someone who helps make him better? :confused:

Swashcuff
04-23-2013, 03:10 PM
So so far in this thread it has been said that Melo is the 2nd best player in the league, Rose will be next season, Durant does nothing better than Melo, it's Westbrook's fault KD isn't the best, OKC would win the title but Pat Riley won't allow the NBA to do that to the Heat etc etc etc. Yeah this thread isn't going to end well.

bucketss
04-23-2013, 03:12 PM
he got his wish Melo is now 2nd

i thought melo was 2nd for two full seasons now lmao.

yaswaggin
04-23-2013, 03:12 PM
:laugh: How quickly people forget

quickly forget what?

that westbrook never missed 1 GAME in high school, college, or the pros

that rose is coming off an acl injury and may not be the same, fact is he seems mentally weak right now being cleared to play.

that westbrook played better against the heat in the playoffs then derrick rose

you know, when derrick rose shot like 8% in the 4th quarter against the heat in that series #clutch

while in a game 5 desperation mode, westbrook went ham and dropped 43. After that series D-wade called westbrook the most athletic player in the nba, and "special".

winning 60+ games in the horrid east which rose did doesnt impress me, when the 8th seed is under .500 for barely .500 for like the 4th straight year?

meloman1592
04-23-2013, 03:13 PM
@ DR 1...your sig....DoMeFavors really said that?? Oh please chicago!!! WINN!!!!!

BklynKnicks3
04-23-2013, 03:16 PM
yea he was i was talkin about mvp vote

meloman1592
04-23-2013, 03:29 PM
@ DR 1...your sig....DoMeFavors really said that?? Oh please chicago!!! WINN!!!!!

meloman1592
04-23-2013, 03:29 PM
sorry for the double post

John Walls Era
04-23-2013, 03:40 PM
Durant averaged 11.1 less points per 36 (http://www.nba.com/advancedstats/player-vs-player.html#Russell-Westbrook-vs-Kevin-Durant|201566,201142;year=201112;season=p) last post season when Westy went to the bench and actually plays better in games in which he took less shots than Westbrook. This idea that Westbrook is somehow holding KD back couldn't be further from the truth he is one of the players that help make him better, he knows it, the coach knows it, the Thunder knows it and the fact back it all up. Why would he argue with someone who helps make him better? :confused:

Ok thanks for that stat. Now show me what I said wrong... Westbrook does take more shots, never said whether or not more shots for him affects KD's performance.

EL_MACHETE
04-23-2013, 03:46 PM
Go Kd! You tell em

broncosfan4eva
04-23-2013, 03:53 PM
put ya money were ya mouth is

LayBraun
04-23-2013, 03:57 PM
So so far in this thread it has been said that Melo is the 2nd best player in the league, Rose will be next season, Durant does nothing better than Melo, it's Westbrook's fault KD isn't the best, OKC would win the title but Pat Riley won't allow the NBA to do that to the Heat etc etc etc. Yeah this thread isn't going to end well.

Please point out where I said Durant isn't the best because of Westbrook?? Durant isn't the best because LeBron will go down as a top 3 player EVER.

My point was that I'm surprised he came out and said something like this but we've never heard anything between him and Westbrook. The stats you brought up are nice and yes he's better when Westbrook is on the court but you have to be blind to not realize that Westbrook has single handily been the reason for more than enough OKC losses by hogging the ball. Not to mention I haven't seen Durant get that fire in him that he NEEDS the ball at the end. How many games has he faxed away down the stretch? Too many.

Im_in_Mia_bish
04-23-2013, 04:09 PM
KD better get used to it.. maybe 2-3 years he will be, but who knows

however, i love his drive.
should be a pleasure to watch bron and kd for the next 5 years.

Tymathee
04-23-2013, 04:10 PM
maybe he means 2nd behind Westbrook on the team

QueensG_718
04-23-2013, 04:17 PM
Hes 3rd behind melo now. Im sorry but he is a ***** for not putting his foot down on westbrook to let him know hes the main dude on his squad by now. Hes a weak minded superstar. At least melo knows what he is. Melo is a scorer. Hes not suppose to make anyone better. Thats a pointgaurds job. Durant is going to spend his whole career trying to be like lebron. Melo has no identity issues. Thats why i respect the hell out of melo. Hes as tough as they come.

OceanSpray
04-23-2013, 04:21 PM
I'm sorry but Rose isn't even a top 5 player. He's overrated and has had a better team to begin with than James, Melo, or KD could ever ask for.

TheIlladelph16
04-23-2013, 04:25 PM

He's banned four like four months or something now anyway, so no need to worry.

lvblay3
04-23-2013, 04:55 PM
Hes 3rd behind melo now. Im sorry but he is a ***** for not putting his foot down on westbrook to let him know hes the main dude on his squad by now. Hes a weak minded superstar. At least melo knows what he is. Melo is a scorer. Hes not suppose to make anyone better. Thats a pointgaurds job. Durant is going to spend his whole career trying to be like lebron. Melo has no identity issues. Thats why i respect the hell out of melo. Hes as tough as they come.

Melo had to avg 39 points in April to over take Durant. You are right all Melo does is Score.. No Defense, Does not help or make his team better, and will never win a Championship. Durant join the 50-40-90 club.. while scoring over 28 points a game.. NO BODY IN NBA HISTORY HAS DONE THAT.. not MJ not Bird, Not LEBRON.. Oh and he is 6'11...

BULLSFAN0810
04-23-2013, 05:00 PM
Rose is good but he is no Durant.

Depends on how you eval good... Here's your logic.
you chose Durant because he is a scorer etc. But do you know why Westbrook shoots soo much? Because Defenses can key in on Durant easier. He needs Westbrook to make him dangerous, as wierd as that sounds. So by Westbrook attacking it makes defenses sag off to protect the paint. Which goes to my logic I've always believed.. The most important position on the floor is pg and center. Durant can't score on his own like James and Rose , and one on one scoring is important when you talk of elite, because at the ending moments you need someone to create. AND IMHO WESTBROOK IS A BOOTLEG ROSE.

IN THIS ORDER.
Kobe
James
Rose
Anthony
Durant
paul George

tredigs
04-23-2013, 05:13 PM

Durant's "trying to be like Lebron" because he has an all around game and Melo's one dimensional? Hahaha. Jesus. Dude there is absolutely nothing Melo can do better than Durant, and that includes scoring. The fact that KD has other high end facets to his game is just who he is and a testament to his work ethic and dedication to improving. Something Melo could learn from the kid. KD leads teams to finals, will likely win one soon enough, and he will continue to do so. Melo will undoubtedly never reach a Finals. Melo better than KD? Wow, clueless.

Melo had to avg 39 points in April to over take Durant. You are right all Melo does is Score.. No Defense, Does not help or make his team better, and will never win a Championship. Durant join the 50-40-90 club.. while scoring over 28 points a game.. NO BODY IN NBA HISTORY HAS DONE THAT.. not MJ not Bird, Not LEBRON.. Oh and he is 6'11...

Actually Bird did do it, back to back years at that. But he was the only one, and he was a top 3-8 peak player ever, and KD is approaching that tier himself.

you chose Durant because he is a scorer etc. But do you know why Westbrook shoots soo much? Because Defenses can key in on Durant easier. He needs Westbrook to make him dangerous, as wierd as that sounds. So by Westbrook attacking it makes defenses sag off to protect the paint. Which goes to my logic I've always believed.. The most important position on the floor is pg and center. Durant can't score on his own like James and Rose , and one on one scoring is important when you talk of elite, because at the ending moments you need someone to create. AND IMHO WESTBROOK IS A BOOTLEG ROSE.

IN THIS ORDER.
Kobe
James
Rose
Anthony
Durant
paul George

Jesus. Ban yourself.

bbcmillionaire
04-23-2013, 05:18 PM
Lmao at the nba forum, there's only been one person who's dethroned lebrons MVP dominance. Rose as anything below top 5 is an insult, prepare for next season YEAR OF ROSE

bucketss
04-23-2013, 05:25 PM

IN THIS ORDER.
Kobe
James
Rose
Anthony
Durant
paul George

lmao kobe being the best player in the league is ****ing laughable

tredigs
04-23-2013, 05:25 PM
Lmao at the nba forum, there's only been one person who's dethroned lebrons MVP dominance. Rose as anything below top 5 is an insult, prepare for next season YEAR OF ROSE

We're talking about the guy who has missed 100 of the last 140 games and shot 39% in the playoffs in the East the last two years, right? Yeah, that MVP does not make him a better player than guys like Cp3 or KD, and he has a TON to prove before he can enter a top 5 conversation again. He was neck and neck with Westbrook to begin with, who obviously has clearly passed him by a country mile on account of actually playing in the NBA.

bucketss
04-23-2013, 05:26 PM
this guy must have not watched even a second of durant if he thinks durant can't score on his own

sep11ie
04-23-2013, 05:27 PM
i don't want to compare a pg and sf, but for melo hmm what makes him better? maybe because hes better in literally every single aspect in the game of basketball.

Because KD doesn't play in N.Y. That automatically adds like 64 rep points to your skill set.

DR_1
04-23-2013, 05:37 PM

You bet he did! :laugh2:

tredigs
04-23-2013, 05:37 PM
According to Synergy, KD's scoring efficiency is #1 in the NBA on cuts, #5 on hand offs, #17 on isolation and #3 on post ups. On the volume of scoring he puts up, that's insane.

In comparison, Melo is #174 on cuts, #71 on hand offs, #41 on isolation and #35 on post ups. But he does shoot a lot more than Durant, so he does have that.

Because KD doesn't play in N.Y. That automatically adds like 64 rep points to your skill set.

A very good point. NY factor adds a lot to your perceived offense.

DR_1
04-23-2013, 05:38 PM
He's banned four like four months or something now anyway, so no need to worry.

Dude you are awesome this news just made my day! :p

DR_1
04-23-2013, 05:39 PM
We're talking about the guy who has missed 100 of the last 140 games and shot 39% in the playoffs in the East the last two years, right? Yeah, that MVP does not make him a better player than guys like Cp3 or KD, and he has a TON to prove before he can enter a top 5 conversation again. He was neck and neck with Westbrook to begin with, who obviously has clearly passed him by a country mile on account of actually playing in the NBA.

Says the guy who takes every chance he gets to criticize Rose. What a moronic post.

justinnum1
04-23-2013, 05:41 PM

:drunk:

SteBO
04-23-2013, 05:42 PM
Rubbish. This right here is an example of someone trying dig deep to prop up his guy. Identity issues? If anything, this just adds to why Durant is the better player. Despite "supposedly" trying to be like LeBron, Durant is still way more efficient than Melo as a scorer.....

justinnum1
04-23-2013, 05:43 PM

:laugh:

Delusional!

Hawkeye15
04-23-2013, 05:44 PM
then get stronger, become a better passer/creator, an elite defender.

Or just wait 5 years, and hope Wiggins doesn't pass you too.

tredigs
04-23-2013, 05:46 PM
Says the guy who takes every chance he gets to criticize Rose. What a moronic post.

I'll paypal you $100 if you can find another post I've made on Rose in the last year.

It's moronic to point out the fact that he has missed 100 of the last 140 games, is not a better player than KD or Cp3, and was neck and neck with guys like Westbrook when he was there? Yeah, not really bud. That's reality. If you don't think he has a ton to prove before he reenters the top tier of the elite (which he was at for a bit), then you're in for a tough surprise. Rose's game is predicated on explosiveness and dynamic cuts/finishes around the rim. There's no person in the NBA that would suffer from the injury he got more than him.

I hope he gets back to his usual self because he's fun as hell and has all the drive in the world when he actually plays. But he was never top 3 dude, and probably never will be.

BULLSFAN0810
04-23-2013, 05:47 PM
lmao kobe being the best player in the league is ****ing laughable

Its called Respect. If take an old crafty, still can play at a high level Kobe over James. You can choose James, to each is own. But realistically the whole fact you have an issue with this is remarkable. Yeah, Kobe can't carry a team like he use to, but he still shows up. He never jumped ship from a winner, to form a super team to cement a ship. Kobe got rid of Shaq and won. Do you understand how much of kobes greatness we didn't see because of Shaq? No you don't, your a espn highlight watcher, a buy the hype type. Kobe had the whole package, and still dominate his position in his latter years... And has 5 ships.... With ONE team.# Respect

Riodagoat
04-23-2013, 05:48 PM
I was always so surprised of how people overrate Rose so much when he was playing. But it's just borderline insanity to think that he would be close to being better than Durant if he comes back next year.

Durant will always be second best unless Lebron retires or loses a leg. However, soon enough people will get tired of voting for LBJ as MVP so Durant will probably win at least 1. As far as championships go, as long as Westbrook is on the same team, he won't get what he wants.

KD is in the same situation Malone was years ago. He won MVP even when Jordan was around since people got tired of Jordan getting MVP, but never could beat him in the Finals.

DR_1
04-23-2013, 05:51 PM
I'll paypal you $100 if you can find another post I've made on Rose in the last year.

It's moronic to point out the fact that he has missed 100 of the last 140 games, is not a better player than KD or Cp3, and was neck and neck with guys like Westbrook when he was there? Yeah, not really bud. That's reality. If you don't think he has a ton to prove before he reenters the top tier of the elite (which he was at for a bit), then you're in for a tough surprise. Rose's game is predicated on explosiveness and dynamic cuts/finishes around the rim. There's no person in the NBA that would suffer from the injury he got more than him.

So what, he had an ACL injury, what do you expect him to do? Before that he played through (or attempted to) every single Bulls injury. He was always better than Westbrook, and he will be when he comes back, you can quote me on it. He is right up there in the Top 5 when healthy, and denying that just proves your stupidity. And I haven't seen CP3 lead a team to the conference finals and become the youngest MVP in league history. So just stop it.

tredigs
04-23-2013, 05:52 PM
then get stronger, become a better passer/creator, an elite defender.

Or just wait 5 years, and hope Wiggins doesn't pass you too.

Exactly what he did this year, right? Including improving his scoring. I hate to be the parader of the kid, but there's no doubt he's on the right path. I have a huge amount of respect for a superstar/MVP candidate who can continue to improve his all around game like he has. All that with a game that looks like it could be elite into his mid 30's with ease. His future is going to be special in this league.

Vinny642
04-23-2013, 05:53 PM
Maybe he'll start averaging the first most shots on the Thunder.

Dont go that far now

bbcmillionaire
04-23-2013, 05:56 PM
Lol I don't usually post in the nba forum for a reason. I don't see why Kevin Durant I viewed as almighty around here. He's just a scorer(a helluva good one) I always seen Carmelo as an overall better player. I'd respect a Chris Paul/Kobe as the 2nd best player argument before Durant. I respect the h311 out of kd but the blind faith in this kid is baffling. IMO Lebron does more, Kobe does more, Chris Paul does more, rose does more and Anthony does more(even though Anthony's defense is suspect, he's a better scorer and rebounder than Durant)
Lebron,Kobe,Paul,rose, Anthony. Durant as 6th to me, gone head and ridicule but that's my opinion on more complete players

KniCks4LiFe
04-23-2013, 05:57 PM

he already third to Melo. KD can be fourth next season

DR_1
04-23-2013, 05:58 PM
Lol I don't usually post in the nba forum for a reason. I don't see why Kevin Durant I viewed as almighty around here. He's just a scorer(a helluva good one) I always seen Carmelo as an overall better player. I'd respect a Chris Paul/Kobe as the 2nd best player argument before Durant. I respect the h311 out of kd but the blind faith in this kid is baffling. IMO Lebron does more, Kobe does more, Chris Paul does more, rose does more and Anthony does more(even though Anthony's defense is suspect, he's a better scorer and rebounder than Durant)
Lebron,Kobe,Paul,rose, Anthony. Durant as 6th to me, gone head and ridicule but that's my opinion on more complete players

How is Durant not a more complete player than any of those guys (other than LeBron)?

tredigs
04-23-2013, 06:00 PM
So what, he had an ACL injury, what do you expect him to do? Before that he played through (or attempted to) every single Bulls injury. He was always better than Westbrook, and he will be when he comes back, you can quote me on it. He is right up there in the Top 5 when healthy, and denying that just proves your stupidity. And I haven't seen CP3 lead a team to the conference finals and become the youngest MVP in league history. So just stop it.

Come back and play after he was cleared, like Rubio and every other player who has had that injury? He's mentally weak right now, and admits it himself. Nobody is denying that he is "right up there with the top 5" WHEN HEALTHY*, and there in lies the predicament. We know what the most dangerous facets of Rose's game was, and all we know now is that he's cleared to play but is scared to do so. Much of that may be due to the fact that he's scared to be on the court knowing he's not the player he used to be. Sorry, but that's a legitimate reality here.

I think he was better than Westbrook too, but it was very, very close. And now that is no longer close. Westbrook is here and doing it, and we don't know what Rose's deal will be. Guys like Curry and Irving are beginning to enter the elite as well, and that's more players he has to deal with.

As far as Rose being better than CP3 in your mind due to a media award and a playoff run? Sorry dude, not happening. Cp3 has always been better than him in both the regular and post season, and if he were given the situation that Rose was in with that team, that coach, and that conference. We'd be singing a different tune.

tredigs
04-23-2013, 06:02 PM

If you can start with proving why Carmelo "does more" than KD, I will forever respect your posts. It is not possible, though. Actually - I noticed you already said he's a better scorer and rebounder than KD, which proves you don't know what you're talking about.

bbcmillionaire
04-23-2013, 06:03 PM
How is Durant not a more complete player than any of those guys (other than LeBron)?
Lol that's what I'm trying to figure out,

DR_1
04-23-2013, 06:04 PM
Come back and play after he was cleared, like Rubio and every other player who has had that injury? He's mentally weak right now, and admits it himself. Nobody is denying that he is "right up there with the top 5" WHEN HEALTHY*, and there in lies the predicament. We know what the most dangerous facets of Rose's game was, and all we know now is that he's cleared to play but is scared to do so. Much of that may be due to the fact that he's scared to be on the court knowing he's not the player he used to be. Sorry, but that's a legitimate reality here.

I think he was better than Westbrook too, but it was very, very close. And now that is no longer close. Westbrook is here and doing it, and we don't know what Rose's deal will be. Guys like Curry and Irving are beginning to enter the elite as well, and that's more players he has to deal with.

As far as Rose being better than CP3 in your mind due to a media award and a playoff run? Sorry dude, not happening. Cp3 has always been better than him in both the regular and post season, and if he were given the situation that Rose was in with that team, that coach, and that conference. We'd be singing a different tune.

Let's just wait and see I guess then. We cool?

naps
04-23-2013, 06:07 PM

IN THIS ORDER.
Kobe
James
Rose
Anthony
Durant
paul George

Durant can't score on his own? GTFO with these BS! He's the best scorer in the league, PERIOD.

bbcmillionaire
04-23-2013, 06:07 PM
If you can start with proving why Carmelo "does more" than KD, I will forever respect your posts. It is not possible, though. Actually - I noticed you already said he's a better scorer and rebounder than KD, which proves you don't know what you're talking about.
Carmelo can actually post players up and score, Carmelo can effectively run 2 positions, and I've never seen Lebron shut Carmelo down.

tredigs
04-23-2013, 06:09 PM
Let's just wait and see I guess then. We cool?

Lol always cool. Wait and see for sure. It's too bad we couldn't see him give it a go in this Nets series. One of the most fun players I've ever watched live.

QueensG_718
04-23-2013, 06:10 PM
O yeah kd is a turnover machine too. Ill take melo over kds soft ***. You got westbrook taking more shots every game. Thats lack of leadership on kds part.

bbcmillionaire
04-23-2013, 06:11 PM

And I see your boner for Durant which proves you don't know what you're talking about

naps
04-23-2013, 06:15 PM

WTF have I just read?? WOW! You are better off posting just in Bulls forum. NBA forum doesn't need this garbage. You absolutely have no idea whatsoever of what you are talking about.

QueensG_718
04-23-2013, 06:18 PM
Thunder aint winning **** as long as westbrick is running point.

tredigs
04-23-2013, 06:18 PM
Carmelo can actually post players up and score, Carmelo can effectively run 2 positions, and I've never seen Lebron shut Carmelo down.

Is that the one facet of Melo's scoring that he has on KD in your mind? If so, why does it matter if KD can just score in every other way better than Melo? But, if you saw my post earlier, KD ranked #3 in the entire NBA for post-ups according to Synergy Sports (they track every play in the season), and Melo was not in the top 30. So there goes that.

As far as the positions, KD started in the NBA as a SG then was moved to SF, and won a gold medal as a PF. There's no point in running him there with Ibaka on the floor most of the time, but he still plays it when they need him to. He's a better playmaker (4.6 apg to Melo's 2.6), rebounder, scorer and defender. There's really no way to argue any of that. Look at the numbers, watch the tape, see the results.

I'm stating facts, if anyone has a "boner" here it's the dude who's trying to overcompensate for the guy who is clearly worse and I'm sure 90% of the posters from non OKC/NY fanbases would agree with that. Including most NY fans themselves. Does not mean Melo sucks, he's still an incredible player who is amazing when all his team needs him to do is score.

ChitownBears22
04-23-2013, 06:19 PM
KD needs to demand the ball, he has been passive since last years finals. And the "let's compare Melo to everyone" bull needs to stop. 0 rings, 0 MVP's, 1 scoring title in 10 years doesn't mean much to me. I guess he "led" team USA to a gold, whatever that means.

QueensG_718
04-23-2013, 06:20 PM
Durant lives at the line. Thats where half of his points come from. Why cant people see this? That is why melo is the better overall scorer despite not getting to the line on ******** calls.

bbcmillionaire
04-23-2013, 06:20 PM
WTF have I just read?? WOW! You are better off posting just in Bulls forum. NBA forum doesn't need this garbage. You absolutely have no idea whatsoever of what you are talking about.
Or maybe I know exactly what I'm talking about and you just don't agree. Prove to me Durant does more than score and you'll definitely see less of me here

bucketss
04-23-2013, 06:23 PM
Its called Respect. If take an old crafty, still can play at a high level Kobe over James. You can choose James, to each is own. But realistically the whole fact you have an issue with this is remarkable. Yeah, Kobe can't carry a team like he use to, but he still shows up. He never jumped ship from a winner, to form a super team to cement a ship. Kobe got rid of Shaq and won. Do you understand how much of kobes greatness we didn't see because of Shaq? No you don't, your a espn highlight watcher, a buy the hype type. Kobe had the whole package, and still dominate his position in his latter years... And has 5 ships.... With ONE team.# Respect

i don't know why you're telling me any of this LOL i don't care for nor respect kobe bryant, hes a egotistical selfish *** hole, who only wins for himself, everything is about him. anyways none of this proves or even related to the reason you have him the best player in the league, respect? so why don't you have duncan at second? you just hate lebron and can't stomach calling him the best.

btw i don't watch espn, i don't even get espn.. i live in Canada.nice try though. LOL

bucketss
04-23-2013, 06:25 PM
Or maybe I know exactly what I'm talking about and you just don't agree. Prove to me Durant does more than score and you'll definitely see less of me here

he plays defense, rebounds, passes,.

naps
04-23-2013, 06:27 PM

Since you claimed it first why don't you just prove how Melo does more than Durant? Can you do it and back it up? Don't just let your opinion be heard because they mean squat. Back up your point. I am waiting.

tredigs
04-23-2013, 06:28 PM
Durant lives at the line. Thats where half of his points come from. Why cant people see this? That is why melo is the better overall scorer despite not getting to the line on ******** calls.

Last post here because your guys' posts are so juvenile and pathetic, but KD gets to the line an average of 1 call more every 2 games. WOW. Que the crying.

KD's the better overall scorer because he can post up, spot up, cut, and shoot (from the field, finish in the paint, from the line, from 3) better than Carmelo. His overall game is better because he defends, creates and rebounds better than Melo.

Why are people still making this argument 4 years after KD passed Melo?

Have you ever watched a thunder game, or looked at his stats? Do you know how to interpret stats?

Here bud:

Durant: http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/duranke01.html

Melo: http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/anthoca01.html

If you can't piece this puzzle together, or better yet if you can point to numbers here showing Melo's game > Durant's, please enlighten us. Otherwise, you're probably better off getting lost. Because your analysis is seriously childish/wrong to this point.

bucketss
04-23-2013, 06:28 PM
So many lebron and kd dick suckers on psd. Its embarrasing

knick fans think melo is better than durant LOL, and you calling them dick suckers?

bbcmillionaire
04-23-2013, 06:29 PM
What Durant do you watch? Cause its definitely not Kevin

QueensG_718
04-23-2013, 06:29 PM

Turnover machine. You forgot that one

bucketss
04-23-2013, 06:35 PM
What Durant do you watch? Cause its definitely not Kevin

kevin durant, the second best player in the league by a LANDSLIDE

bucketss
04-23-2013, 06:39 PM
Turnover machine. You forgot that one

he handles the ball a lot and is a willing passer so hes going turn the ball over, even still he only turns it over .5 more than lebron james, who is considered a point forward.

bucketss
04-23-2013, 06:39 PM
double.

Riodagoat
04-23-2013, 06:43 PM
Let's get something straight: Lebron is the best player in the world right now, period.

However, if I HAD to pick between Melo and KD, I would take KD in a heartbeat.

This year, KD made a conscious effort in being a better passer, rebounder, and defender. Yes he is still turnover prone but the expansion in his game is there. He's already been to the finals at an early age.

Melo has been in this league as long as Lebron. What has he accomplished? Do you honestly believe that he had a significant improvement in passing or defense? When is the last time he got out of the first round?

It's hilarious how people bash Lebron and KD "nuthuggers" and proceed to defend Melo when he has accomplished nothing.

bbcmillionaire
04-23-2013, 07:09 PM
Let's get something straight: Lebron is the best player in the world right now, period.

However, if I HAD to pick between Melo and KD, I would take KD in a heartbeat.

This year, KD made a conscious effort in being a better passer, rebounder, and defender. Yes he is still turnover prone but the expansion in his game is there. He's already been to the finals at an early age.

Melo has been in this league as long as Lebron. What has he accomplished? Do you honestly believe that he had a significant improvement in passing or defense? When is the last time he got out of the first round?

It's hilarious how people bash Lebron and KD "nuthuggers" and proceed to defend Melo when he has accomplished nothing.
Lol what has Durant done? Score and get shown up by Lebron in the finals

bucketss
04-23-2013, 07:16 PM

coming from the guy who thinks rose is better than him, what did durant do? only average 30+ points in that series, what did rose do? get locked down and embarrassed by lebron.

Riodagoat
04-23-2013, 07:24 PM

Did Melo or Rose get to the Finals at age 24? When Lebron guarded Rose during the ECF, how many point did he average?

Guppyfighter
04-23-2013, 07:24 PM
http://nba.si.com/2013/04/23/kevin-durant-oklahoma-city-thunder-sports-illustrated-cover/

Stat geeks like Durant will never make it in the NBA? Does this kid even play basketball?

Swashcuff
04-23-2013, 07:26 PM

There is thing called basketball go on google and search the images of it okay.... When you do just picture Carmelo doing anything possible with it...... After that picture someone who does every single one of those things better.... That's Kevin Durant.

DR_1
04-23-2013, 07:28 PM
This thread has gone downhill quickly lol

Swashcuff
Please point out where I said Durant isn't the best because of Westbrook?? Durant isn't the best because LeBron will go down as a top 3 player EVER.

My point was that I'm surprised he came out and said something like this but we've never heard anything between him and Westbrook. The stats you brought up are nice and yes he's better when Westbrook is on the court but you have to be blind to not realize that Westbrook has single handily been the reason for more than enough OKC losses by hogging the ball. Not to mention I haven't seen Durant get that fire in him that he NEEDS the ball at the end. How many games has he faxed away down the stretch? Too many.

Did I quote you I that post? You haven't seen that because you don't watch the Thunder play. Over the past 3 seasons Westy has been one of the most clutch players in the NBA.

Hawkeye15
Exactly what he did this year, right? Including improving his scoring. I hate to be the parader of the kid, but there's no doubt he's on the right path. I have a huge amount of respect for a superstar/MVP candidate who can continue to improve his all around game like he has. All that with a game that looks like it could be elite into his mid 30's with ease. His future is going to be special in this league.

Pretty much. Just Durant's luck he is excelling in the time frame that the best player we have seen since Jordan is peaking. Durant, in 4-5 years is easily the best player, unless Wiggins is the truth.

Hawkeye15
04-23-2013, 07:30 PM

what point are you trying to make? Do you think any other player deserves to be in this conversation?

bbcmillionaire
04-23-2013, 07:32 PM
Did Melo or Rose get to the Finals at age 24? When Lebron guarded Rose during the ECF, how many point did he average?

Youngest MVP

Swashcuff
04-23-2013, 07:48 PM
Youngest MVP

That doesn't answer the questions. Why don't you answer the question?

bbcmillionaire
04-23-2013, 07:56 PM
That doesn't answer the questions. Why don't you answer the question?
What how many points an exhausted point guard who played hard all season and won the MVP score?

jayjay33
04-23-2013, 07:57 PM

This, people saying it's stupid when it's already happened is what's really stupid. Based on the two things he listed and assuming rose returns to form there's no reason KD can't finish behind him in MVP voting next year or the year after or what have you. Or behind him in the race to the chip for that matter. I guess it's just rose hate.

jayjay33
04-23-2013, 08:09 PM
kevin durant, the second best player in the league by a LANDSLIDE

Oh good god, That's just stupid, why do you people always have to go "overborad" to make your point. This type of rhetoric makes it sound like you don't understand the game. Three phrases that should be banned from this site. 1. better by a landslide, 2. better by far, 3. it's not even close. Man I really hate that ****.

IKnowHoops
04-23-2013, 08:44 PM
Didn't Kenny Smith say he would be the best in the game right about now? He said this like 3 years ago

Yes he did. Barkley and Chris Webber both laughed at him when he said it though.

bucketss
04-23-2013, 08:46 PM
What how many points an exhausted point guard who played hard all season and won the MVP score?

lmao what a excuse

IKnowHoops
04-23-2013, 08:47 PM

Rose is no AP!
Mentally or Physically speaking.

sunsfan88
04-23-2013, 08:49 PM
Durant's basketball skills.

sunsfan88
04-23-2013, 08:53 PM

LOL you mad cause nobody wants to suck yours?

Jarvo
04-23-2013, 08:59 PM
CP3 better than Durant :laugh: gice it a year or two and people will say Kyrie is better than Paul.

mngopher35
04-23-2013, 09:04 PM
Are you guys serious right now? Durant is definitely better than Melo, he has improved his game so much over the last couple years. .6 less points on much better efficiency (fg% efg% TS% use any one of them, durant wins handily), a better assists to turnover ratio, an extra rebound a game, and better defense. People ask what Durant has done, but what has Melo done?

Durant has 2 more scoring titles, been out of the first round one more time, and made the finals (and scored like 30 ppg there). All of this while playing in 4 less seasons than Carmelo and still improving (6 seasons to 10). Then when you look statistically there isn't even really a comparison. Durant this year has better numbers than Carmelo has ever put up. Durant is definitely the second best player in the league right now.

Baller1
04-23-2013, 10:05 PM
Oh good god, That's just stupid, why do you people always have to go "overborad" to make your point. This type of rhetoric makes it sound like you don't understand the game. Three phrases that should be banned from this site. 1. better by a landslide, 2. better by far, 3. it's not even close. Man I really hate that ****.

Durant is better than anyone not named Lebron by a landslide... That's a given. Not sure where the frustration is coming from.

Baller1
04-23-2013, 10:06 PM
Are you guys serious right now? Durant is definitely better than Melo, he has improved his game so much over the last couple years. .6 less points on much better efficiency (fg% efg% TS% use any one of them, durant wins handily), a better assists to turnover ratio, an extra rebound a game, and better defense. People ask what Durant has done, but what has Melo done?

Durant has 2 more scoring titles, been out of the first round one more time, and made the finals (and scored like 30 ppg there). All of this while playing in 4 less seasons than Carmelo and still improving (6 seasons to 10). Then when you look statistically there isn't even really a comparison. Durant this year has better numbers than Carmelo has ever put up. Durant is definitely the second best player in the league right now.

Correct, correct, and correct again.

Swashcuff
04-23-2013, 10:13 PM
Durant is better than anyone not named Lebron by a landslide... That's a given. Not sure where the frustration is coming from.

Only player that really challenges this is a healthy Dwight Howard with his mind right or a CP3 that's giving it his all. A motivated Melo doesn't even measure up (ive been on record of saying for years that a motivated Melo can contend with Bron for best player in the game) when you consider the strides KD has make in EVERY aspect of basketball.

Guppyfighter
04-23-2013, 10:20 PM
I can't believe Durant uses advanced stats. Does he even watch the game?

Hardaway Here
04-23-2013, 10:38 PM
Only people who seem to think Melo is better are knicks fans and they call everyone else lbj and durant nuthuggers. They ignore stats probably never watched Durant play unless it was against the Knicks. Have no facts to back up their opinion. They just completely downgraded any quality this thread could of had.

BULLSFAN0810
04-23-2013, 10:43 PM
lets be real... Logic is the key. Lets take a player from the past... Hmmmmmmmm, Jordan. Lets no compare who's greater, lets look at what made him great.

KD JAMES MELO ROSE
Leadership 7 8 6 9
Clutch 10 7 10 9
Shot making 10 8 10 9
Passing 7 10 7 8
Rebounding 7 10 9 6
Making others better 6 10 6 8
Longevity
Respect 9 9 8 9
Defense of position played 7 8 7 8

bucketss
04-23-2013, 10:48 PM
lets be real... Logic is the key. Lets take a player from the past... Hmmmmmmmm, Jordan. Lets no compare who's greater, lets look at what made him great.

KD JAMES MELO ROSE
Leadership 7 8 6 9
Clutch 10 7 10 9
Shot making 10 8 10 9
Passing 7 10 7 8
Rebounding 7 10 9 6
Longevity
Respect 9 9 8 9

go home bullsfan0810, you're drunk.

Hawkeye15
04-23-2013, 10:51 PM

KD JAMES MELO ROSE
Leadership 7 8 6 9
Clutch 10 7 10 9
Shot making 10 8 10 9
Passing 7 10 7 8
Rebounding 7 10 9 6
Longevity
Respect 9 9 8 9

are you actually putting Rose/Melo in the same conversation with Bron/KD?

bucketss
04-23-2013, 10:53 PM
hes so biased when it come with bulls players, this guy gave rose a 9 in clutchness lmao

odiz
04-23-2013, 10:57 PM

Rose haha.

Baller1
04-23-2013, 10:57 PM
Only player that really challenges this is a healthy Dwight Howard with his mind right or a CP3 that's giving it his all. A motivated Melo doesn't even measure up (ive been on record of saying for years that a motivated Melo can contend with Bron for best player in the game) when you consider the strides KD has make in EVERY aspect of basketball.

A healthy Dwight can compare to KD impact-wise, I agree. But he's gotta prove he can get back to those Orlando Dwight days. CP3, I have no gripes with people putting him in Durant's tier. I think he floats between the top 2 tiers.

Lebron
KD

Then there's CP3.

Dwight
Melo
Kobe
Etc.

I think CP3 can fall in either tier.

ElChinoLatino
04-23-2013, 11:04 PM

KD must be trippin.

I was just about to post this.

ElChinoLatino
04-23-2013, 11:07 PM

KD JAMES MELO ROSE
Leadership 7 8 6 9
Clutch 10 7 10 9
Shot making 10 8 10 9
Passing 7 10 7 8
Rebounding 7 10 9 6
Longevity
Respect 9 9 8 9

why don't you add charisma and friendship, I think those are two other top qualities an NBA player can have next to "loving others for who they are".

Ill21
04-23-2013, 11:10 PM
Rose is not better than Durant and it really not even close

ThaDubs
04-23-2013, 11:17 PM
2nd in scoring

sportsfan222
04-23-2013, 11:40 PM
why do people on here make it seem like its such a crazy thing to believe that derrick rose is the 2nd best player in the game, when healthy of course?

people have very short memories on here. the guy when healthy is as explosive as anybody in the league, the guy is the youngest mvp in league history, he led the bulls to there first 60 plus win season since jordan days, he became one of 3 players in nba history to score 2000 pts and record 600 assists in a single season ( other 2 being lebron james and michael jordan, pretty solid company)

he also is the only consistent scorer on his team. boozer , noah, deng, gibson, all very solid players, but who the hell puts fear into opponents with the game on the line on that team aside from rose? rose carries that team.

also, no offense to paul lovers, and paul is very good, but i watch plenty of ball, and if i had my choice of a derrick rose in his prime and chris paul in his prime, its not even close imo, rose is so much more dominant.

next year people will quickly realize just how god damn good rose is when he comes back and dominates the league, and leads the bulls to 55 plus wins.

if you want to say that durant is better than rose, ok, its deff up for debate, but honestly right now, aside from james , there is no other player in the nba id take over a ''healthy'' derrick rose. just my opinion.the guy is that god damn good.

and to all you knick fans out there, i hope u enjoyed the 2nd seed this year, because with rose back in the fold next year, the best you guys will do is 3rd, and i think most likely 4th with a healthy indiana team.

Avenged
04-23-2013, 11:44 PM

IN THIS ORDER.
Kobe
James
Rose
Anthony
Durant
paul George

I am a Laker fan myself and there is no way, no how I have Kobe Bryant #1.. He should have at least made the Lakers a mediocre team if he was indeed the best player in the league given that he had Dwight. Just "mediocre" -- that isn't so much to ask.

As for Durant... probably the best scorer in the game and he can't score on his own? Where are you getting this from?

Purple_n_Gold
04-23-2013, 11:49 PM
Well if you are tired of being second maybe training with someone in the summer,who is ahead of you and whooped your *** in the finals, isn't such a great idea. Can you imagine Jordan calling any one of his competition and saying hey let's practice and train together over the summer. That is a joke IMO.

Swashcuff
04-23-2013, 11:49 PM
why do people on here make it seem like its such a crazy thing to believe that derrick rose is the 2nd best player in the game, when healthy of course?

people have very short memories on here. the guy when healthy is as explosive as anybody in the league, the guy is the youngest mvp in league history, he led the bulls to there first 60 plus win season since jordan days, he became one of 3 players in nba history to score 2000 pts and record 600 assists in a single season ( other 2 being lebron james and michael jordan, pretty solid company)

he also is the only consistent scorer on his team. boozer , noah, deng, gibson, all very solid players, but who the hell puts fear into opponents with the game on the line on that team aside from rose? rose carries that team.

also, no offense to paul lovers, and paul is very good, but i watch plenty of ball, and if i had my choice of a derrick rose in his prime and chris paul in his prime, its not even close imo, rose is so much more dominant.

next year people will quickly realize just how god damn good rose is when he comes back and dominates the league, and leads the bulls to 55 plus wins.

if you want to say that durant is better than rose, ok, its deff up for debate, but honestly right now, aside from james , there is no other player in the nba id take over a ''healthy'' derrick rose. just my opinion.the guy is that god damn good.

and to all you knick fans out there, i hope u enjoyed the 2nd seed this year, because with rose back in the fold next year, the best you guys will do is 3rd, and i think most likely 4th with a healthy indiana team.

Wrong. Oscar did this like every season in his prime, Hondo and Tiny Archibald also did it on more than one occasion. A.I. came within 4 assists of doing this in a season in which he played 6 less games an Rose and lead the league in scoring. Way harder/rarer.

This isn't the same Durant at played when Rose won the MVP. This Durant is MUCH improved defensively to the point where he's one of the better defensive SFs in the game, a much improved passer, a better shooter, a way more efficient scorer a more mature leader and even more determined to win by any means necessary. That's why Durant is so much better than even MVP Rose.

soundjunkies2
04-23-2013, 11:53 PM
Well if you are tired of being second maybe training with someone in the summer,who is ahead of you and whooped your *** in the finals, isn't such a great idea. Can you imagine Jordan calling any one of his competition and saying hey let's practice and train together over the summer. That is a joke IMO.

How does that have any impact on him as a player though? If anything, training and playing against Lebron will make him a BETTER player.

Swashcuff
04-23-2013, 11:53 PM
I am SHOCKED to know people actually think Durant can't score on his own. Seriously do any of you guys who believe this hogwash even watch Durant play? Hell do you even watch highlights on Sportscenter? If you did that's all you'd need to know that he is fine at creating offense for himself whenever he so pleases.

bucketss
04-23-2013, 11:56 PM

it was ONE day.

soundjunkies2
04-23-2013, 11:58 PM
I am SHOCKED to know people actually think Durant can't score on his own. Seriously do any of you guys who believe this hogwash even watch Durant play? Hell do you even watch highlights on Sportscenter? If you did that's all you'd need to know that he is fine at creating offense for himself whenever he so pleases.

Saying KD can't create for himself is like saying Lebron can't pass the ball. It's ridiculous.

BULLSFAN0810
04-24-2013, 12:00 AM
Rose is good but he is no Durant. AND DURANT NEEDS A PLAYER LIKE ROSE (WESTBROOK) WESTBROOK IN ALL SENSES IS THE MAN.HE SHOOTS MORE AND CONTROLS THE ROCK. SO WHY IS DURANT LETTING A LEST PLAYER CONTROL THE ROCK? HE NEEDS SOMEONE TO GET HIM OFF. NOT SAYING HE CAN'T SCORE ON HIS OWN, BUT HE NEEDS HELP.

lmao kobe being the best player in the league is ****ing WHY NOT HE GOT 6 RINGS AND CARRIED PLAYERS TO THE PLAYOFF THIS YEAR. NASH WAS HURT, HOWARD HURT, GASOL HURT..GIVE PROPS BRO.

[QUOTE=Ill21;26012295]Rose is not better than Durant and it really not even close OK.

I am a Laker fan myself and there is no way, no how I have Kobe Bryant #1.. He should have at least made the Lakers a mediocre team if he was indeed the best player in the league given that he had Dwight. Just "mediocre" -- that isn't so much to ask.

As for Durant... probably the best scorer in the game and he can't score on his own? Where are you getting this from?
SEE FIRST ANSWER..SMH. YOU GUYS WATCH THE GAME BUT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND IT.

Swashcuff
04-24-2013, 12:06 AM
AND DURANT NEEDS A PLAYER LIKE ROSE (WESTBROOK) WESTBROOK IN ALL SENSES IS THE MAN.HE SHOOTS MORE AND CONTROLS THE ROCK. SO WHY IS DURANT LETTING A LEST PLAYER CONTROL THE ROCK? HE NEEDS SOMEONE TO GET HIM OFF. NOT SAYING HE CAN'T SCORE ON HIS OWN, BUT HE NEEDS HELP.

[QUOTE=bucketss;26006227]lmao kobe being the best player in the league is ****ing WHY NOT HE GOT 6 RINGS AND CARRIED PLAYERS TO THE PLAYOFF THIS YEAR. NASH WAS HURT, HOWARD HURT, GASOL HURT..GIVE PROPS BRO.

OK.

Now tell me should any sane person take you seriously after you type this type of garbage.

You're so dense you won't understand how foolish that statement is and the fact that it makes absolutely no sense. Hopefully everyone would know not to take anything you say seriously ignore you and let you die a natural death. One of the worst posters on the forum hands down. This post just further concretes that fact.

bucketss
04-24-2013, 12:14 AM
AND DURANT NEEDS A PLAYER LIKE ROSE (WESTBROOK) WESTBROOK IN ALL SENSES IS THE MAN.HE SHOOTS MORE AND CONTROLS THE ROCK. SO WHY IS DURANT LETTING A LEST PLAYER CONTROL THE ROCK? HE NEEDS SOMEONE TO GET HIM OFF. NOT SAYING HE CAN'T SCORE ON HIS OWN, BUT HE NEEDS HELP.

[QUOTE=bucketss;26006227]lmao kobe being the best player in the league is ****ing WHY NOT HE GOT 6

RINGS AND CARRIED PLAYERS TO THE PLAYOFF THIS YEAR. NASH WAS HURT, HOWARD HURT, GASOL HURT..GIVE PROPS BRO.

OK.

no he doesn't have six rings, and what does six rings have to do with whose the best player today? so if jordan at 50 years old comes back today he will automatically be the best player in the league? how bout russel who is 70++??? put down the beer man. you can't even quote properly.

bucketss
04-24-2013, 12:16 AM
@bulls fan, how do you feel that even your gawd jordan said lebron is the best player TODAY? lol, so you're saying jordan watches but doesn't understand the game?

Avenged
04-24-2013, 12:19 AM
not.sure.if.serious.

Purple_n_Gold
04-24-2013, 12:26 AM
it was ONE day.
Really? It was a few weeks by everything I read. Not sure where you get your information though. As far as playing against him will make him better agreed, but not on your free time in the summer, in competition. They are also two totally different style of players. Durant will never have the same game as Lebron as his physical make up could never allow him to be. It's bully over powering ball versus shooting finesse. I just believe in trying to beat the person who owns you at this point. Not learning from each other. Lebron has nothing to lose he already owns Durants team for now. From Durants standpoint why would you try and help Lebron become better?

bucketss
04-24-2013, 12:43 AM
Really? It was a few weeks by everything I read. Not sure where you get your information though. As far as playing against him will make him better agreed, but not on your free time in the summer, in competition. They are also two totally different style of players. Durant will never have the same game as Lebron as his physical make up could never allow him to be. It's bully over powering ball versus shooting finesse. I just believe in trying to beat the person who owns you at this point. Not learning from each other. Lebron has nothing to lose he already owns Durants team for now. From Durants standpoint why would you try and help Lebron become better?

because he wants to be better passer/defender improve his ball handling, it worked because before this year he averaged more turnovers than assist and was just an okay defender, also its known that he is pretty scronny so lebron would help him get stronger . btw i got that info from durant himself.

bucketss
04-24-2013, 12:45 AM
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/kevin-durant-wishes-stop-talking-one-offseason-workout-155258869--nba.html

^^^^ PROOF

DillyDill
04-24-2013, 01:07 AM
There's absolutely nothing wrong with striving to be number 1

Purple_n_Gold
04-24-2013, 01:13 AM
Well if you read through the whole article it says eight days of workouts spread through two summers. Not really the point anyway. One day bothers me as well so the argument/speculation is futile. It doesn't really matter if it was five minutes to me. Also if it was one day like you speculate, you really think one day of working out should be credited for all of his better play this year? You think Lebron is responsible for him being a better ball handler and better at defense really? If you do then you should call Lebron and tell him he should train players in the offseason because whether one day or five days that is some feat. I tend to believe Durant is better this year because he put the work in and is a year more in the league. But hey to each his own.

VendettaRed07
04-24-2013, 02:10 AM
Well clearly hes ok with being second because he sat out the last game instead of trying to get the scoring title

WARRIORS@GR
04-24-2013, 02:16 AM
OMG some of the worst posts i've ever seen are in here..that Bullsfan810.omfg

Didn't know that bulls homers were that bad.

JJ_JKidd
04-24-2013, 03:02 AM

As long as Lebrons playing, Kevin Dufake and his JOKE-KC Thunders will always be SECOND.

Take that to the bank.

IKnowHoops
04-24-2013, 03:28 AM
lets be real... Logic is the key. Lets take a player from the past... Hmmmmmmmm, jordan. Lets no compare who's greater, lets look at what made him great.

Kd james melo rose
leadership 7 8 6 9
clutch 10 7 10 9
shot making 10 8 10 9
passing 7 10 7 8
rebounding 7 10 9 6
making others better 6 10 6 8
longevity
respect 9 9 8 9
defense of position played 7 8 7 8

lololololololol

IKnowHoops
04-24-2013, 03:31 AM
why don't you add charisma and friendship, i think those are two other top qualities an nba player can have next to "loving others for who they are".

lolololololol ^10

BULLSFAN0810
04-24-2013, 03:51 AM
You know what? Lets be blunt. Anyone in the top 5 is championship worthy. Amd in that top 5 you can place them in any order depending on how you build your team. What erks me is all the hate. I think James is a coward who set the league up with the decision, and that's why miami gave up the picks after the fact, they knew what they did was WRONG. But to say james isn't good or he doesn't deserve his MVP is weak , and anyone who thinks these guys don't deserve the props they get is a hater in all sense. Imho, is Durant# 2? Depends on how you build your team. My logic is, if you get him, who gets him the ball? He isn't Tmac, A 6"9 guard with handles. His handles are great for his size, but he is still too light and needs Westbrook to loosen up the defense so he can drive easier. Does it mean he can't drive? No. it means like every other player he has holes in his game, like James has no clutch gene, like Rose isn't a consistent shooter to be considered beyond streaky.or melo not being a great defender. You can poke holes in anyones game. Its like the hate is heavy here. How can you dislike james as a player? How can you deny Melo is top tier looking at his resume and skill set? How can you deny Rose as best pg and top tier? And durrant as great ? Sometimes I read people posts amd think"wow, your whole basis for dislike is because people like him" hater. Or you think so and so doesn't deserve the same light as someone else. Then you get the ones who defame because they are lonely and wanna keep up drama. All are dogmatic in approach and are extreme in avoiding logic. just give it a rest. I for one see anyone who denies any consensus person who made Mvp or leads the league in major categories as what they are... Straight up haters. i.e. when you post James sucks, or Melo isnt clutch or elite, our durant isnt good... Or in my case Rose isn't elite.. I will refrain from acknowledging you, you clearly are an extremist. And being an extremist is a sign of instability .

sunsfan88
04-24-2013, 03:57 AM
Isn't Durant also 2nd in the league in technical fouls?

BULLSFAN0810
04-24-2013, 03:58 AM
And iknowhoops you don't Know hoops because if you did, you'd understand leadership (cp3) can make bums better as far as how Hard they play for you. Your comment tells me youre either a kid or you never really could play ball well. Because if you did, you would have adjustments. But you don't. your a trollololol

tredigs
04-24-2013, 04:00 AM
You know what? Lets be blunt. Anyone in the top 5 is championship worthy. Amd in that top 5 you can place them in any order depending on how you build your team. What erks me is all the hate. I think James is a coward who set the league up with the decision, and that's why miami gave up the picks after the fact, they knew what they did was WRONG. But to say james isn't good or he doesn't deserve his MVP is weak , and anyone who thinks these guys don't deserve the props they get is a hater in all sense. Imho, is Durant# 2? Depends on how you build your team. My logic is, if you get him, who gets him the ball? He isn't Tmac, A 6"9 guard with handles. His handles are great for his size, but he is still too light and needs Westbrook to loosen up the defense so he can drive easier. Does it mean he can't drive? No. it means like every other player he has holes in his game, like James has no clutch gene, like Rose isn't a consistent shooter to be considered beyond streaky.or melo not being a great defender. You can poke holes in anyones game. Its like the hate is heavy here. How can you dislike james as a player? How can you deny Melo is top tier looking at his resume and skill set? How can you deny Rose as best pg and top tier? And durrant as great ? Sometimes I read people posts amd think"wow, your whole basis for dislike is because people like him" hater. Or you think so and so doesn't deserve the same light as someone else. Then you get the ones who defame because they are lonely and wanna keep up drama. All are dogmatic in approach and are extreme in avoiding logic. just give it a rest. I for one see anyone who denies any consensus person who made Mvp or leads the league in major categories as what they are... Straight up haters. i.e. when you post James sucks, or Melo isnt clutch or elite, our durant isnt good... Or in my case Rose isn't elite.. I will refrain from acknowledging you, you clearly are an extremist. And being an extremist is a sign of instability .

#1: I don't think that anybody here denied that when Derrick Rose had a 100% ACL+MCL and used to play basketball in the NBA he was elite.

#2: You really can't place the top 5 in any order. Lebron's the best player in the NBA right now. Period. Then we can start an argument, but you're in a deep hole if you argue against KD #2.

#3: Use paragraphs. I gave up reading the rest.

BHF
04-24-2013, 04:12 AM
i think when or if Lebron loses his athleticism KD could become the best player in the game, and lol at all of you bulls and knicks homers who think Rose or Melo is better than KD, Rose is not even better than Westbrook

BULLSFAN0810
04-24-2013, 04:12 AM
You can place them in any order. All of them are championship worthy. Its about the team that surrounds them. if its them solely then James wouldnot have left ohio because its not the team, its about him. You place james on the bobcats will he beat okc with Durant and westbrook? But I can exchange James and Durant and the teams will still be good. # no I in team

tredigs
04-24-2013, 04:25 AM
You can place them in any order. All of them are championship worthy. Its about the team that surrounds them. if its them solely then James wouldnot have left ohio because its not the team, its about him. You place james on the bobcats will he beat okc with Durant and westbrook? But I can exchange James and Durant and the teams will still be good. # no I in team

What happened when Rose left Chi? A team that is fighting for the 2nd round with an HCA team. What happened when James left Ohio? Arguably the worst team in the NBA.

You can place them in any order? Lol. Stfu man. All teams are not built equal.

BULLSFAN0810
04-24-2013, 04:38 AM
You forgot to ADD an allstar or replace that star with another star...that's what I was doing. Of course the team will suffer when you take away a big pieces that was there. And of youre tring to say chicago doesn't need rose.... Hello, we were swept by Philly last year. You can go so far off of heart... Stay on topic, you're swimming.
And neither did I say all teams are equal.I was saying... okc is goodand so is miami. You take away both stars the team is average.you switch both stars the teams may still be good like there was no switch. But james and durant need the team they got..ie that's why james left ohio, right?
The ratings I came up with has James at 63 total points. Rose at 66, and Melo and Durant tied at 63. Very close.and I showed no favor.

bbcmillionaire
04-24-2013, 04:43 AM
Lmfao how quickly some people forget. Rose not better than Westbrook, I see the nba forums ignorance is at an all time high.

tredigs
04-24-2013, 04:43 AM
You forgot to ADD an allstar or replace that star with another star...that's what I was doing. Of course the team will suffer when you take away a big pieces that was there. And of youre tring to say chicago doesn't need rose.... Hello, we were swept by Philly last year. You can go so far off of heart... Stay on topic, you're swimming.

The ratings I came up with has James at 63 total points. Rose at 66, and Melo and Durant tied at 63. Very close.and I showed no favor.

Your video game NBA 2K style ratings were some of the most subjective and dumbest things I have ever seen posted on these forums with the intent of making a legitimate point.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

BULLSFAN0810
04-24-2013, 04:51 AM
Its a ten point system.very easy to grade. The error may be plus one, minus one... Its simple and effective.what I'm saying is, the ratings are soo close, the diffrence comes down to having a team that's good to make the stars skill set standout.instead of being a hater, come up with something. Its easy to be a internet hater

And you used Gods name in vain... Bogus dude.

Guppyfighter
04-24-2013, 04:55 AM
Lol this is a ridiculous thread.

tredigs
04-24-2013, 04:56 AM
Its a ten point system.very easy to grade. The error may be plus one, minus one... Its simple and effective.what I'm saying is, the ratings are soo close, the diffrence comes down to having a team that's good to make the stars skill set standout.instead of being a hater, come up with something. Its ready to be a internet hater

And you used Gods name in vain... Bogus dude.

You do realize people far smarter than you or I have come up with "rating systems" to decipher a players impact on the NBA (if you can't just see the blatant difference with your own eyes), right?

There are many variations, and all of them say that Rose has never come close to being the best player in the NBA. I'm going to bed. Do the same and stop embarrassing yourself with your nonsense man. G'night.

BULLSFAN0810
04-24-2013, 05:00 AM
this wasnt a rose is better thread, you hater. This is stars at the top are all equal to an extent and the major deciding factor is team. And so what if someone had come up with something better, like I said its simple and fun to do.its not the gospel on who is great.

FraziersKnicks
04-24-2013, 05:04 AM

KD JAMES MELO ROSE
Leadership 7 8 6 9
Clutch 10 7 10 9
Shot making 10 8 10 9
Passing 7 10 7 8
Rebounding 7 10 9 6
Longevity
Respect 9 9 8 9

This is amazing. So many things wrong, but saying LeBron and Rose are equal defenders :laugh2:

tredigs
04-24-2013, 05:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Alright, night for real.

BULLSFAN0810
04-24-2013, 05:11 AM
@bulls fan, how do you feel that even your gawd jordan said lebron is the best player TODAY? lol, so you're saying jordan watches but doesn't understand the game?
Jordan also called james a bull in a china shop.. Aka no moves, no signature go to moves..basically called him basic.amd he told kobe how to stop him and kobe rode his *** the whole allstar game to the point where james was non existant. And Melo had to take over. Do you know what your talking about?

BULLSFAN0810
04-24-2013, 05:19 AM
never said they are equal defenders... James is a great weak side defender. He is suspect one on one, not saying he its bad, but average. Rose is basically the same. Now of you talking total defense, yeah james weakside help is much much better, but rose invented Something that hasn't caught on yet.. Its called the step in front of... Ie. Player goes to cup to finish, rose being fast comes from behind and steps in front of the offensive player as he takes his gather steps to finish.rose then quickly moves out the way causing a travel... That's how much I watch ball. You guys watch the dunks, I watch the offense and the schemes and rotation of offense/defense.

naps
04-24-2013, 05:28 AM
Damn, this one troll took this thread over. I knew this wouldn't end well but damn this guy pretty much single-handedly made this a Rose thread.

BULLSFAN0810
04-24-2013, 05:33 AM
I waSnt talking about Rose only. It was me saying there is no# 2, the top 5 is pretty much equal, its all about team construction.Everyone else made it a rose thread... Its funny, troll? A trollcomes through call people names and has NO input But to say negative things about people.I think you got having an opinion confused with yourself. Hello kettle it is the pot are you black?

The goods
04-24-2013, 05:35 AM

So will Kobe, make that fourth. Lol

IKnowHoops
04-24-2013, 05:38 AM
This is one of the most entertaining threads I have read here. So many different die-hard point of views on this. I can understand how and why Bulls fans thought Rose was better than KD. I never thought that, but he can do some very amazing things with the basketball, he won MVP, and he is the star of there team. When he was healthy, the best athlete was between Rose/Bron/Westbrook. I don't blame them for homering so hard on him. Rose also closed his share of games in the clutch and was pretty unstoppable doing it. Driving and scoring over and over again like noone else in the league. So again, I understand the Homerism.

But if you look past all the razzle dazzle of rose, and really watch Durant play, and also look at the stats, and my favorite of course PER, you will see that Durant is more consistent, more efficient, more productive and more effective.

Saying Durant can't score on his own just means you haven't taken the time to watch him at all. Which also means its not even worth responding to that person. Its probably the most far off statement you could make on this forum. I can't recall hearing anything farther from the truth. He's the most versatile scorer in the NBA. He can score any and every way.

I like rose a lot, but I don't believe he deserved MVP that year. I understand why he got it (Best player on the team with best record), but he was like 9th in PER that year. Statistically there were a bunch of guys in front of him. I would of given it to Bron, (surprise, surprise). He was the best player in the league on a top 3 team and statistically he was the best in the league.

Anyway this isn't bout Bron. Rose is great. Very athletic and very fun to watch. But more important than anything is that we haven't seen him play since he tore his ACL so as of right now, there is no way he is better than Durant. If he was better than Durant right now, he'd be playing and putting up 25 8 50%fg at minimum right now. But he knows hes not where he wants to be so he won't even step onto the court.

I'll personal take MVP Rose over any PG in the league, but there has never been a year where I would take him over Durant.

naps
04-24-2013, 05:39 AM
I waSnt talking about Rose only. It was a melo kd, james rose thread.. Everyone else made it a rose thread... Its funny, troll? A trollcomes through call people names and has NO input But to say negative things about people.I think you got having an opinion confused with yourself. Hello kettle it is the pot are you black?

Respect makes a player better than another currently? LMFAO! You make zero sense. I guess if Jordan comes now he will be #1 since he has 6 rings. Oh and your point system? Where the **** did you get that? LeBron and Rose are equal defenders? Do this forum a favor and just go away!

WARRIORS@GR
04-24-2013, 05:42 AM
So let's make it clear BULLSFAN810..
Healthy Rose gets a slightly higher ranking over Lebron by your accurate ranking system.

Are you saying healthy Rose is slightly better than Lebron?

BULLSFAN0810
04-24-2013, 05:45 AM
^ and I respect your point of view. I want saying durant can't score on his own, I was saying durant uses westbrook to loosen the defense do he can drive easier. I never said he can't dribble. He can, very well. But he needs space due to body mass. So he picks and choses. They guy is almost seven foot tall.

IKnowHoops
04-24-2013, 05:45 AM
never said they are equal defenders... James is a great weak side defender. He is suspect one on one, not saying he its bad, but average. Rose is basically the same. Now of you talking total defense, yeah james weakside help is much much better, but rose invented Something that hasn't caught on yet.. Its called the step in front of... Ie. Player goes to cup to finish, rose being fast comes from behind and steps in front of the offensive player as he takes his gather steps to finish.rose then quickly moves out the way causing a travel... That's how much I watch ball. You guys watch the dunks, I watch the offense and the schemes and rotation of offense/defense.

Huh? He shut down an unstoppable one on one player in Rose in the playoffs. Didn't you see that? Rose could do nothing. To call him suspect after not allowing Rose to get past him, when Rose can get past everyone else in the NBA makes you suspect.

WARRIORS@GR
04-24-2013, 05:47 AM
Huh? He shut down an unstoppable one on one player in Rose in the playoffs. Didn't you see that? Rose could do nothing. To call him suspect after not allowing Rose to get past him, when Rose can get past everyone else in the NBA makes you suspect.That has been mentioned before in this thread.Guess what.
He never answered to that.

BULLSFAN0810
04-24-2013, 05:50 AM
So let's make it clear BULLSFAN810..
Healthy Rose gets a slightly higher ranking over Lebron by your accurate ranking system.

Are you saying healthy Rose is slightly better than Lebron?
No I'm saying you can't go wrong with durant, melo, rose, james as your main star and what makes the diffrence is team construction.james isn't so good that he can win on his own, if that was the case he shouldve stayed in ohio. But if you ask me, if go with rose because he Is easier to build a team with and pg are imho the most important position on the court next to center .

WARRIORS@GR
04-24-2013, 05:53 AM
But if you ask me, if go with rose because he Is easier to build a team with and pg are imho the most important position on the court next to center .
Oh my.

BULLSFAN0810
04-24-2013, 05:56 AM
Respect makes a player better than another currently? LMFAO! You make zero sense. I guess if Jordan comes now he will be #1 since he has 6 rings. Oh and your point system? Where the **** did you get that? LeBron and Rose are equal defenders? Do this forum a favor and just go away!

Your ravin mad dude. Respect make cp3 dangerous. His teammates believe in him. Respect made people get out the way when Jordan drovee the lane, when realistically they couldve blocked him. Respect makes the refs bail you out. Respect makes teammates, players and coaches do things they may not have done because they have you/believe in you or fear you. Respect makes you fearless.

IKnowHoops
04-24-2013, 05:58 AM
And iknowhoops you don't Know hoops because if you did, you'd understand leadership (cp3) can make bums better as far as how Hard they play for you. Your comment tells me youre either a kid or you never really could play ball well. Because if you did, you would have adjustments. But you don't. your a trollololol

I don't know where this is coming from. I got a kick out of your grading system because it seemed as if it was just pulled out of thin air, yet displayed as absolute. Your categories were also hilarious and also seemed somewhat pulled out of thin air as well. Then the other poster added insult to injury by telling you that you forgot a couple such as friendship (I just laughed) and that just brought my house down. I'm sorry man it was just to funny.

Hey just for kicks, can you do a bonus grade on those players for "friendship" and "loving other players for who they are". Im very interested in seeing how these stars stack up in these categories.

WARRIORS@GR
04-24-2013, 06:03 AM
Your ravin mad dude. Respect make cp3 dangerous. His teammates believe in him. Respect made people get out the way when Jordan drovee the lane, when realistically they couldve blocked him. Respect makes the refs bail you out. Respect makes teammates, players and coaches do things they may not have done because they have you/believe in you or fear you. Respect makes you fearless.Did you see the game winner by cp3 yesterday?the best perimeter defender and a big man help showed no respect to him and tried to block him,but he ****ed on them both.What does respect have to do with that?
Not to mention the MJ arguments.

Omg you don't know **** about the game.Or you are trolling.

BULLSFAN0810
04-24-2013, 06:05 AM
That has been mentioned before in this thread.Guess what.
He never answered to that.

I will. Did james guard him the whole game? No.
Was Rose lighting up Wade? Yeah
I admit that few seconds threw Rose off, but to say james can actually stop Rose is like saying Rose can stop James. Aka it was a team effort, if you look back at the play, Rose had James shook, but of think James size threw himoff and he couldn't see it. But really to bragg like James was guarding him the whole game, when in reality Rose was the only scoring option, and the defense switched a fresh taller defender on him... Its called smart basketball... And they did the switch at the best time, where james didn't have to worry about fatigue and rose couldn't become use to james guarding him.... Dude, I've played ball. I'm no nut, I'm schooling you to the real.and to add james had help defense, so he knew where to lead him into the teeth of the defense.

BULLSFAN0810
04-24-2013, 06:10 AM
Did you see the game winner by cp3 yesterday?the best perimeter defender and a big man help showed no respect to him and tried to block him,but he ****ed on them both.What does respect have to do with that?
Not to mention the MJ arguments.

Omg you don't know **** about the game.Or you are trolling.
His team his coaches respected his game soo much they gave him the ball and said"make it happen" they couldve went to jamal crawford, he hit game winners, but no they went to their leader, the guy they respect and he pulled through.the next time the will remember what he did and so will the defense and they will try to take t he ball out of his hands...because they respect him that much... I'm not trolling bro, I played ball I'm just lett ing you know what's up

WARRIORS@GR
04-24-2013, 06:15 AM
The fact is that Rose was scoring,Lebron guarded him the entire 4th qrtr and SHUT him down preety easily.

And you called him a suspect one on one defender.
While he has prooved he can guard 4 positions,and even Centers at an elite level.

All if your posts in this thread are nonsense.
How many people have to tell that to you to understand it?

WARRIORS@GR
04-24-2013, 06:17 AM
Btw that 'i played ball' argument is so funny.

WARRIORS@GR
04-24-2013, 06:23 AM
I'm not trolling bro, I played ball I'm just lett ing you know what's up
Hahahahaha

All you're saying here is that rose=lebron=durant=melo=kobe.

Thanks,i don't buy it,nice try.

BULLSFAN0810
04-24-2013, 06:27 AM
[QUOTE=WARRIORS@GR;26014709]The fact is that Rose was scoring,Lebron guarded him the entire 4th qrtr and SHUT him down preety easily.

While he has prooved he can guard 4 positions,and even Centers at an elite level.

HE DIDN'T GUARD HIM THE WHOLE FOURTH.IT WAS FOR A MINUTE OR SO. AND WHERE WAS HE THE OTHER 3 QUARTERS? AND YES JAMES CAN GUARD MULTIPLE POSITIONS..BUT HE NEVER GUARDS MELO.... THAT I KNOW FOR FACT. I CALL HIM SUSPECT FOR THAT FACT. WHY YOU SWITCH TOPICS? YOU SWIMMING. AND I CAN DONT CARE WHAT OTHERS SAY. YOU DON'T KNOW THE BASICS OF BEING GREAT AND A TEAMMATE...WHAT DOES RESPECT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING? LOLL...EVERYTHING BUDDY.

QueensG_718
04-24-2013, 06:28 AM
Melo>durant. That is all

BULLSFAN0810
04-24-2013, 06:30 AM
Yes. the whole fact you can be considered an instant contender if you trade for one of them...duh!

WARRIORS@GR
04-24-2013, 06:33 AM
Lol,i don't know the basics of being a teammate.
Says the guy who thinks building a team around lebron is the same as building a team around melo.

Ok bro,i'm done with you.
Thanks for the lessons on bball.
Have a good day.

BULLSFAN0810
04-24-2013, 06:44 AM
Never said you can build the same team for james and melo. their success is due to the supp orting cast. you put a solid team around either you can win the ship. Why do you guys trey to screw people words around.

WARRIORS@GR
04-24-2013, 06:54 AM
Never said you can build the same team for james and melo. their success is due to the supp orting cast. you put a solid team around either you can win the ship. Why do you guys trey to screw people words around.Put MJ in a team full of scrubs.Does he win anything?what does that have to do with who is the superior player?

MJ>all.His stats showed it,his impact and dominance in the game showed it.

Its the same now.
Lebron>KD>others.
Their impact and stats show that.

You have nothing to back your idiotic arguments.

BULLSFAN0810
04-24-2013, 07:01 AM
You know what I'm going to love? Proving you guys wrong. There are many things I have said on this site and people clowned me, then it come true, and then I sit back and gloat. I'm going to go out there again and give you guys fodder to use against me.... Next year when Rose comes back, IF HEALTHY, WITHOUT SETBACK, WILL TAKE OVER THE NBA FOR GOOD. LOLL now, but if you know me and my statements, they somehow comes true. I love when I came here and told people Detroit will win it all at the all star break (vs lakers, in early 2000s)..and they did.I can go on with more, but I have done enough bragging.

WARRIORS@GR
04-24-2013, 07:05 AM
That's all DoMeFavors-ish right her lol.

BULLSFAN0810
04-24-2013, 07:11 AM
Yeah mj won with a team full of scrubs. There is always an exception to the rule and imo james isn't mentally strong enough to take it to jordans level....but I'll let you In on a secret ( james tried to do what jordan did in ohio and it didn't work, he wasn't mentality strong enough and his game was suspectas far as shooting and being 6 foot 9 and couldn't post) secret# 2 do you think james deserves all his mvp awards? I do. So why do kobe and mj have just a few awards? He needs to be pampered(james), aka head case, and he was being pumped to further globalize the nba, but he wet the bed and ruined it 3 times (finals).hence why he isn't getting pumped, he jumped ship turned fans against him and ruined the money grab. Its all entertainment

WARRIORS@GR
04-24-2013, 07:21 AM
Yeah mj won with a team full of scrubs.
I stopped reading there.
Tell me more about that,please.

Swashcuff
04-24-2013, 08:12 AM
[QUOTE=WARRIORS@GR;26014709]The fact is that Rose was scoring,Lebron guarded him the entire 4th qrtr and SHUT him down preety easily.

HE DIDN'T GUARD HIM THE WHOLE FOURTH.IT WAS FOR A MINUTE OR SO. AND WHERE WAS HE THE OTHER 3 QUARTERS? AND YES JAMES CAN GUARD MULTIPLE POSITIONS..BUT HE NEVER GUARDS MELO.... THAT I KNOW FOR FACT. I CALL HIM SUSPECT FOR THAT FACT. WHY YOU SWITCH TOPICS? YOU SWIMMING. AND I CAN DONT CARE WHAT OTHERS SAY. YOU DON'T KNOW THE BASICS OF BEING GREAT AND A TEAMMATE...WHAT DOES RESPECT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING? LOLL...EVERYTHING BUDDY.

Are you drunk? You claim to be ne who watches and understands while no one else on this forum does bt you clearly don't watch jack ****. LeBron guarded Rose in the crucial parts of games 4 and 5 and Rose couldn't do squat.

In game 4 Rose went o-4 with a turnover when LeBron guarded him in the 4th and game 5 he went 1-10 with two turnovers. Dude you know NOTHING about basketball.

Here's one source (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/5/27/2193005/lebron-james-defense-derrick-rose-miami-heat-chicago-bulls).

After going 0-for-5 from the floor with a turnover when guarded by LeBron James in Game 4, Derrick Rose struggled against him once again Thursday, going 1-for-10 with two turnovers in Game 5. Rose shot 6.3 percent from the floor in the series when defended by James, lowest among any player that defended him on five or more plays.

LeBron absolutely ERASED Derrick Rose. If Derrick Rose shot 1-15 from the field in under a minute then he has to be the worst player to ever step foot in this league.

bucketss
04-24-2013, 08:56 AM
Well if you read through the whole article it says eight days of workouts spread through two summers. Not really the point anyway. One day bothers me as well so the argument/speculation is futile. It doesn't really matter if it was five minutes to me. Also if it was one day like you speculate, you really think one day of working out should be credited for all of his better play this year? You think Lebron is responsible for him being a better ball handler and better at defense really? If you do then you should call Lebron and tell him he should train players in the offseason because whether one day or five days that is some feat. I tend to believe Durant is better this year because he put the work in and is a year more in the league. But hey to each his own.

yeah but they weren't rivals that year they worked together for a week, anyways maybe you're right about lebron not making him better,he probably didn't, but those are still some ways he can get better if he worked with lebron, also lebron can improve his shooting by taking tips from durant.

lvblay3
04-24-2013, 08:57 AM
Actually Bird did do it, back to back years at that. But he was the only one, and he was a top 3-8 peak player ever, and KD is approaching that tier himself.

Bird did do 50, 40, 90 but he didnt avg 28 points while doing it.. that what i was saying, KD, Bird and i believe Nash or the only 3 players in the history to have 50, 40,90..

bucketss
04-24-2013, 09:00 AM
Lmfao how quickly some people forget. Rose not better than Westbrook, I see the nba forums ignorance is at an all time high.

westbrook is much closer to roses level than rose is to durants.

bucketss
04-24-2013, 09:03 AM
Jordan also called james a bull in a china shop.. Aka no moves, no signature go to moves..basically called him basic.amd he told kobe how to stop him and kobe rode his *** the whole allstar game to the point where james was non existant. And Melo had to take over. Do you know what your talking about?

lmao, did jordan or you know that lebron loves going left? and that he is much effective going there? you failed big time man, and a bulls in a china shop sounds like a compliment to me.

Swashcuff
04-24-2013, 09:05 AM

Bird did do 50, 40, 90 but he didnt avg 28 points while doing it.. that what i was saying, KD, Bird and i believe Nash or the only 3 players in the history to have 50, 40,90..

Bird didn't have a TS% of 64+ not was he as young as KD is. By no means am I saying KD is even on Birds level but what he did is more impressive. Dirk, Mark Price, Kerr, Calderon and Reggie did it as well.

lvblay3
04-24-2013, 09:19 AM
50–40–90 seasonsPlayer Season GP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% PTS PPG Ref.
Bird, LarryLarry Bird 1986–87 74 786 1,497 53% (.525) 90 225 40% (.400) 414 455 91% (.910) 2,076 28.05 [9]
Bird, LarryLarry Bird (2) 1987–88 76 881 1,672 53% (.527) 98 237 41% (.414) 415 453 92% (.916) 2,275 29.93 [9]
Price, MarkMark Price 1988–89 75 529 1,006 53% (.526) 93 211 44% (.441) 263 292 90% (.901) 1,414 18.85 [11]
Miller, ReggieReggie Miller 1993–94 79 524 1,042 50% (.503) 123 292 42% (.421) 403 444 91% (.908) 1,574 19.92 [12]
Nash, SteveSteve Nash 2005–06 79 541 1,056 51% (.512) 150 342 44% (.439) 257 279 92% (.921) 1,489 18.85 [4]
Nowitzki, DirkDirk Nowitzki 2006–07 78 673 1,341 50% (.502) 72 173 42% (.416) 498 551 90% (.904) 1,916 24.56 [13]
Nash, SteveSteve Nash (2) 2007–08 81 485 962 50% (.504) 179 381 47% (.470) 222 245 91% (.906) 1,371 16.93 [4]
Nash, SteveSteve Nash (3) 2008–09 74 428 851 50% (.503) 108 246 44% (.439) 196 210 93% (.933) 1,160 15.68 [4]
Nash, SteveSteve Nash (4) 2009–10 81 499 985 51% (.507) 124 291 43% (.426) 211 225 94% (.938) 1,333 16.46 [4]
Durant, KevinKevin Durant 2012–13 81 731 1,433 51% (.510) 139 334 42% (.416) 679 750 91% (.905) 2,280 28.15 [14]

mike_noodles
04-24-2013, 09:23 AM

Nice, but wrong.

lvblay3
04-24-2013, 09:24 AM
Bird and Nash are the only 2 to do it mulitipal times, KD and Bird are the only ones to do it while avg 28 points.
Steve Kerr never did it..

Swashcuff
04-24-2013, 09:28 AM
Bird and Nash are the only 2 to do it mulitipal times, KD and Bird are the only ones to do it while avg 28 points.
Steve Kerr never did it..

Yes he did however he did not meet the FGA requirements in order to be ranked among the league leaders in FG%.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/k/kerrst01.html

Look at his 95-96 season.

ryguy553
04-24-2013, 09:28 AM
The Nuggets drastically improved as a team after they shipped Melo out. Enough said. If Durant were to leave OKC that team would be in ruins. Much more efficient player/scorer and more important to his team. Right now 2nd best player in the league but also one of the youngest he has time to grow into the all around best if he gets a few rings.

Quietmoney
04-24-2013, 09:31 AM

Funny you mention Melo & Lebron because KD's record against those two is 2-24! I want to face palm the hell out of you right now!

Swashcuff
04-24-2013, 09:34 AM
Funny you mention Melo & Lebron because KD's record against those two is 2-24! I want to face palm the hell out of you right now!

So Durant's TEAM being 1-11 against Melo's TEAM makes him less of a player than Melo because of the play of his TEAM in a TEAM game. Interesting.

Quietmoney
04-24-2013, 09:38 AM
The Nuggets drastically improved as a team after they shipped Melo out. Enough said. If Durant were to leave OKC that team would be in ruins. Much more efficient player/scorer and more important to his team. Right now 2nd best player in the league but also one of the youngest he has time to grow into the all around best if he gets a few rings.

Don't think so buddy... That team is well put together and also has Westbrook who is becoming more and more unguardable at his position by the day. What people don't understand is that dominance out weighs a lot of statistical categories. Durant is is skilled at his position, but Westbrook is dominant at his. Which is why Westbrook get up more shots than Durant. Just like Melo, he is the most dominating offensive player in the league right now! Which is why he beats Durant just about every time he has seen him. Durant lacks physical dominance at his position in a league that's based on skill and phsicality.

bucketss
04-24-2013, 09:39 AM

thats wrong, he beat lebron atleast three times, one in 2011, one in 2012 reg season, and 1 in the 2012 finals.

Quietmoney
04-24-2013, 09:40 AM
So Durant's TEAM being 1-11 against Melo's TEAM makes him less of a player than Melo because of the play of his TEAM in a TEAM game. Interesting.

No but I've never seen a second best player with a team like Durant has lose so much to the other top players team's. Have you? Melo has dominated every time he has seen him. Like c'mon already.

Quietmoney
04-24-2013, 09:41 AM
thats wrong, he beat lebron atleast three times, one in 2011, one in 2012 reg season, and 1 in the 2012 finals.

I don't recall that buddy.

bucketss
04-24-2013, 09:49 AM
I don't recall that buddy.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=AgytGUj1HlZXxZ7d8LTHd.FLRwU6?gid=201 2061225
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=Aq_ThSnUYnnNBrX0hq2YyrxLRwU6?gid=201 2032525
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=AhE9v7acyjMUrlnDBQ2GBMBLRwU6?gid=201 1031614

bucketss
04-24-2013, 09:50 AM
double.

He115ing
04-24-2013, 09:50 AM
As already stated, as long as LBJ is in the league KD will always be second.

corytwotimes
04-24-2013, 09:57 AM
Don't think so buddy... That team is well put together and also has Westbrook who is becoming more and more unguardable at his position by the day. What people don't understand is that dominance out weighs a lot of statistical categories. Durant is is skilled at his position, but Westbrook is dominant at his. Which is why Westbrook get up more shots than Durant. Just like Melo, he is the most dominating offensive player in the league right now! Which is why he beats Durant just about every time he has seen him. Durant lacks physical dominance at his position in a league that's based on skill and phsicality.

exactly....bron got wade....durant got westbrook.....melo has 6th man jr smith?? its easy to look good when youre surrounded by talent i.e. rajon rondo

BULLSFAN0810
04-24-2013, 10:00 AM
[QUOTE=BULLSFAN0810;26014721]

Are you drunk? You claim to be ne who watches and understands while no one else on this forum does bt you clearly don't watch jack ****. LeBron guarded Rose in the crucial parts of games 4 and 5 and Rose couldn't do squat.

In game 4 Rose went o-4 with a turnover when LeBron guarded him in the 4th and game 5 he went 1-10 with two turnovers. Dude you know NOTHING about basketball.

Here's one source (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/5/27/2193005/lebron-james-defense-derrick-rose-miami-heat-chicago-bulls).
I just

LeBron absolutely ERASED Derrick Rose. If Derrick Rose shot 1-15 from the field in under a minute then he has to be the worst player to ever step foot in this league.

D,ude I just rewatched the game off my hard drive, Wade guarded him and when he was tired Or the game was close they switched off.... Basically it took two people switching to guard Rose. it was throwing him off, it was smart basket ball. But come on, can one man guard him the whole game ? You talking like Rose had scoring help, he creates for everyone, so if wade and james switched off on guarding one guy chances are the guy their guarding will have a hard time... Give props to both, don't discredit wade, he had a major part in stopping rose. It wa snt one dude, it was a joint effort, but you don't see that. You just take the moments that suit what you say, but a real hooper understands you can't leave wade or james on rose by themselves a whole game and stop him, it is a joint effort. Your logic dictates kobe is still the best because he shut down james the WHOLE end of the 3rd period and 4th in the money parts of the allstar game when kobe was challenging his manhood. You can't say it was a pick up game, it is known the closer the game is in score and period the more serious it gets, and at the end is the signature moment of the 2 best players.... AND FOR 2 YEARS KOBE PUNKED JAMES.

bucketss
04-24-2013, 10:01 AM
exactly....bron got wade....durant got westbrook.....melo has 6th man jr smith?? its easy to look good when youre surrounded by talent i.e. rajon rondo

lebron put up better numbers in cleveland, if anything your stats should go down when you have competition for touches, russel westbrick is the only player in the league that can stop durant lol.

Swashcuff
04-24-2013, 10:05 AM
No but I've never seen a second best player with a team like Durant has lose so much to the other top players team's. Have you? Melo has dominated every time he has seen him. Like c'mon already.

Wilt was the best player in the league and seldom did his team beat Russell's teams (Russell 84-58 against Wilts team). What's your point?

Swashcuff
04-24-2013, 10:09 AM
D,ude I just rewatched the game off my hard drive, Wade guarded him and when he was tired Or the game was close they switched off.... Basically it took two people switching to guard Rose. it was throwing him off, it was smart basket ball. But come on, can one man guard him the whole game ? You talking like Rose had scoring help, he creates for everyone, so if wade and james switched off on guarding one guy chances are the guy their guarding will have a hard time... Give props to both, don't discredit wade, he had a major part in stopping rose. It wa snt one dude, it was a joint effort, but you don't see that. You just take the moments that suit what you say, but a real hooper understands you can't leave wade or james on rose by themselves a whole game and stop him, it is a joint effort.# logic

Really you just rewatched the entire game off your hard drive. Hear what, take a screen shot of the game and post it online and link me to it because I know for a fact that you're not telling the truth.

Fact of the matter is when LeBron guarded Rose ONE on ONE (he didn't need nor did he want any help) Rose shot 6% from e field. You can tell as many lies as you want and think anyone here is as foolish as you are to believe them. We all watched those games we all saw LeBron handcuff Rose but I guess you have something different saved on your hard drive. :pity:

Avenged
04-24-2013, 10:11 AM
Rose is in his best, his MVP year, wasn't he ranked #8 overall? lol (espn)

Swashcuff
04-24-2013, 10:11 AM

Who was LeBron surrounded by in Cleveland? Melo played with A.I. And Chauncey, and had good supporting casts his entire career. Never once was he ever as good as Durant is now or LeBron was when he was in Cleveland.

bucketss
04-24-2013, 10:12 AM
lol bullsfan0180 repeatedly keeps breaking his quote lol wtf.

BULLSFAN0810
04-24-2013, 10:23 AM
Swash..dude. Did they switch on and off guarding Rose? While one scored the other was guarding rose, and james took over late. But it took both of them. James got the glory, but when I look at the tv I saw wade on him, then I seen james on him, since you don't play ball I'll explain it to you. Guarding wade geared rose to attack one way, and when james guarded him or took away the vision wades shorter stature allowed, which is confusing and throws off your rythm, being james isn't as fast, but quick enough to guard in spurts# and really, I don't have to show you ****. I got nba games that go back 20 years on vhs and cd and on hard drive. # if anyone wanna buy boxing vhs from past 15 years inbox me.

Swashcuff
04-24-2013, 10:30 AM
Swash..dude. Did they switch on and off guarding Rose? While one scored the other was guarding rose, and james took over late. But it took both of them. James got the glory, but when I look at the tv I saw wade on him, then I seen james on him, since you don't play ball I'll explain it to you. Guarding wade geared rose to attack one way, and when james guarded him or took away the vision wades shorter stature allowed, which is confusing and throws off your rythm, being james isn't as fast, but quick enough to guard in spurts# and really, I don't have to show you ****. I got nba games that go back 20 years on vhs and cd and on hard drive. # if anyone wanna buy boxing vhs from past 15 years inbox me.

Earlier you said Bron guarded Rose for just a minute in the entire playoffs (proof that you didn't watch jack **** and you ain't got anything saved) now you're saying that they switched off. OF COURSE they did. That's what every single team did in order to attempt to stop Rose, throw different defenders at him. Guess what no one stopped him until he saw LeBron.

6%.

BULLSFAN0810
04-24-2013, 10:47 AM
did they or did they not switch? You called me out and I went and looked at the game.you trying to cling on to minor details.did they or did they not switch? amd van you consider the fact both wore rose out ? Could you consider wade slowed rose enough to where james could hold him better? I'm trying to get you to see a strategy other than being someone who doesn't see the big picture and had tunnel vision

TheIlladelph16
04-24-2013, 10:51 AM
There is thing called basketball go on google and search the images of it okay.... When you do just picture Carmelo doing anything possible with it...... After that picture someone who does every single one of those things better.... That's Kevin Durant.

This is the post :laugh:

Hawkeye15
04-24-2013, 10:54 AM

are you for real? Getting to the line is a huge part of being efficient. Durant is a better scorer than Melo. Easily.