PDA

View Full Version : Time to Eat Crow 2012-13 Regular Season (and playoffs if topic gets hits)

PhillyFaninLA
04-23-2013, 12:23 PM
I made this topic in the NFL forum a season or 2 ago and I think its time to Eat some crow.

I'll kick it off:

- I thought Evan Turner would evolve in year 3 into a good to very good player
- I thought the Sixers would be a possible 2 or 3 seed after what they did in the playoffs to the Celtics last year.
- I thought Minnesota would finally be good
- I thought the Knicks would struggle for a 8th seed
- I thought the Nash, Kobe, Dwight things would be special
- I thought James Harden would be good but not this good and I thought losing him would hurt the Thunder

I have others but I'm waiting to see how the playoffs unfold...what crow do you need to eat?

BULLSFAN0810
04-23-2013, 12:32 PM
Noble thread, but you know very few will admit to there wrongs.

Kevin Garnett was done directly after injury.
Eddie curry weak *** would atleast show a flash of heart and make or back to the league.
Tyrus Thomas would do better

mightybosstone
04-23-2013, 12:34 PM
You can't blame yourself for Philly, though. If Bynum is healthy, that team most definitely makes the playoffs in the East.

As far as my own poor predictions, I honestly don't have a lot. I thought the Lakers would struggle initially and probably end up somewhere in the 3-5 range, so I guess I was mostly right about that. I thought New York would also probably end up in the 3-5 range, so I'm not too far from the truth there. And I thought my Rockets would compete for a playoff spot, but probably finish somewhere around 9-11, so I was off there.

My biggest apology goes out to Golden State. I though Curry would battle injuries this season, Lee would regress and they would finish near the bottom of the Western Conference. They were, by far, my biggest surprise this season, while Minnesota was my biggest disappointment. With a healthy Kevin Love, though, perhaps things would have been different.

5ass
04-23-2013, 12:46 PM
I thought the lakers would be a top 4 seed and real contenders.

bucketss
04-23-2013, 12:56 PM
derrick rose would return and be better than ever, unfortunately hes a big wuss
i thought toronto would be a playoff team
lakers would dominate
heat would struggle in the regular season and win like 55 games lol

Rentzias
04-23-2013, 04:23 PM
I thought Harden would go 19-4-4. Nomnomnom crow.

BklynKnicks3
04-23-2013, 04:41 PM
Melo 2nd best player and knicks 54 wins oh wait i was right as always. Only things i was wrong about i think is the lakers but i didnt know No d Antoni would be the coach and destroy another team

bucketss
04-23-2013, 04:55 PM
Melo 2nd best player and knicks 54 wins oh wait i was right as always. Only things i was wrong about i think is the lakers but i didnt know No d Antoni would be the coach and destroy another team

i doubt you predicted 54 wins, and only melophiles think melo is the 2nd best player.

BullsFan_1
04-23-2013, 05:00 PM
Noble thread, but you know very few will admit to there wrongs.

Kevin Garnett was done directly after injury.
Eddie curry weak *** would atleast show a flash of heart and make or back to the league.
Tyrus Thomas would do better

lol, there's still at least one Bulls fan that thinks this.

I said "this is the year that he breaks out" every year until he was traded. I eventually gave up on him. I assumed everyone else had as well.

Hoopsadvocate
04-23-2013, 05:01 PM

Melo isn't the 2nd best durant clearly is and just about every media outlet has him at that spot so ur wrong about that too.

mightybosstone
04-23-2013, 05:02 PM

Do you honestly think Melo is the second best player in the league? Like, suppose you and I are building two teams from scratch to play one another and we had the pick of any player in the NBA today. I get first pick and take Lebron. Are you honestly going to take Melo with your first pick? I find that hard to believe.

Hoopsadvocate
04-23-2013, 05:03 PM
I thought Indiana would be 2nd in the east.
I thought the timberwolves would make the playoffs and possibly be a dark horse contender.
I thought Lebron couldn't get any better :D

Hoopsadvocate
04-23-2013, 05:03 PM
I thought Indiana would be 2nd in the east.
I thought the timberwolves would make the playoffs and possibly be a dark horse contender.
I thought Lebron couldn't get any better :D

Pierzynski4Prez
04-23-2013, 05:14 PM
Like most people, I thought the Lakers would be better. Thought Philly would at least make the playoffs. Didn't have NY winning 54 games either. Boston I had better than the 7 seed, but can't predict Rondo getting hurt like that.

Quite a few people had the Bulls not making the playoffs, or at best 7 or 8 seed.

Chronz
04-23-2013, 05:47 PM
I thought Harden would average 6 assists

More-Than-Most
04-23-2013, 05:58 PM
I thought the lakers would be the 3rd best team behind the Thunder/Heat
I thought Melo would win mvp
I thought the sixers would finish ahead of the nets/Knicks

Kashmir13579
04-23-2013, 06:04 PM
I thought Jeremy Lin would have a better individual season than JR Smith.

ChitownBears22
04-23-2013, 06:15 PM
I thought Durant was going to finally take the next step towards domination. Next year hopefully, he is ready.

Riodagoat
04-23-2013, 06:19 PM
I thought Harden was never going to play the way he is playing right now.
I thought Lebron couldn't play any better than he did last year.
I thought KD will finally win MVP.
I thought the Wolves were gonna be in the playoffs.
I thought the Sixers were gonna be in the playoffs.
I thought the Celtics were gonna be a 2-4 seed.

Cracka2HI!
04-23-2013, 06:24 PM
I had my Clippers winning 58 or more and challanging for the #1 seed. I had Minnesota in the playoffs and didn't have GS near the playoffs. I don't think those were bad predictions. I thought the Knicks and Nets were vastly overrated by their PSD fanbases. I'm not convinced that is incorrect despite both teams having impressive seasons.

The team I was WAY off on was the Lakers. I predicted them to finish 2nd in the Pacific, finish above 50 wins and be contenders for the title. I saved a couple of the pre season Laker threads. If you want some excellent laughs go back and read through some of them!

bucketss
04-23-2013, 06:45 PM
I thought Durant was going to finally take the next step towards domination. Next year hopefully, he is ready.

durant has had a very dominate season,

RLundi
04-23-2013, 06:46 PM
I thought the Lakers would win close to 60. I thought the Celtics would win the Atlantic.

ChitownBears22
04-23-2013, 06:49 PM
durant has had a very dominate season,

Defensively he is on par with last year, and offensively he still just shoots from 4 spots and good defenders can work him off them (ie LBJ last playoffs)

TeamSeattle
04-23-2013, 06:49 PM
I thought Philadelphia would make the playoffs
I thought the Celtics would be a higher seed
I thought I could finally guess DMF's gender

justinnum1
04-23-2013, 07:19 PM
I thought the lakers would be elite.

Hawkeye15
04-23-2013, 07:24 PM
You can't blame yourself for Philly, though. If Bynum is healthy, that team most definitely makes the playoffs in the East.

As far as my own poor predictions, I honestly don't have a lot. I thought the Lakers would struggle initially and probably end up somewhere in the 3-5 range, so I guess I was mostly right about that. I thought New York would also probably end up in the 3-5 range, so I'm not too far from the truth there. And I thought my Rockets would compete for a playoff spot, but probably finish somewhere around 9-11, so I was off there.

My biggest apology goes out to Golden State. I though Curry would battle injuries this season, Lee would regress and they would finish near the bottom of the Western Conference. They were, by far, my biggest surprise this season, while Minnesota was my biggest disappointment. With a healthy Kevin Love, though, perhaps things would have been different.

we set an NBA record for missed games due to injury. Every starter, projected, missed more than 1/5th the season, highlighted by Love with 64 games missed, Roy with 77 games missed, and our 6th man missed 65 games. Pek and AK missed nearly 20 each, Rubio 25 plus the rehab, and we were murdered by injuries. Nobody should eat crow for that team actually winning 31 games with the injuries they had.

I thought the Warriors were not in the playoffs. I also thought the Lakers were a HCA team.

Hawkeye15
04-23-2013, 07:26 PM

uh, he has, just just happens to play in the same time frame as most likely a top 3 player ever when all is said and done. Durant and LeBron are clearly the class of elites in the NBA, everyone else is looking up to them.

NoahH
04-23-2013, 07:54 PM
I thought:

-Curry would be an all-star

Trueblue2
04-23-2013, 08:24 PM
Im a laker fan, so there's that...

dalton749
04-23-2013, 09:08 PM
i thought the raptors would make playoffs
i thought boston would blow up their core. i guess i was kind of right...

topdog
04-23-2013, 10:33 PM
Brandon Roy's stem cell therapy was going to allow him to make it through the season playing every other game. (A little bit of wishful thinking in there).

king4day
04-23-2013, 10:42 PM
I thought Michael Beasley would turn his career around.
I didn't think Dragic would be as good as he was.

naps
04-23-2013, 11:03 PM
I thought Lakers were the greatest thing in human history and they would win 2 rings in one season. It looks like I was way off.

Captain Moroni
04-23-2013, 11:22 PM
I thought The Lakers would dominate the west.

LongIslandIcedZ
04-23-2013, 11:35 PM
I predicted the East pretty well, had the first 5 or so correct.

I was wrong about the Lakers, by a lot.

smith&wesson
04-23-2013, 11:37 PM
I didn't think curry would be as good as he is.

I thought Dantoni was a crap coach. Now I think he is even crappier then I thought.

I thought harden was stupid for not signing with okc, now I'm thinking okc is stupid for letting him walk.

I was hoping the raptors would make the playoffs and believed that they would... I guess that one is just being naive on my part. Lol

I really thought Kobe would compete for his 6th vs lebron in the finals

smith&wesson
04-23-2013, 11:40 PM
I thought Michael Beasley would turn his career around.
I didn't think Dragic would be as good as he was.

+1 on both of those

BklynKnicks3
04-24-2013, 09:35 AM
look in my history of post n get back too me or as in knicks forum