PDA

View Full Version : Does LeBron James win his 4th MVP Unanimously?

NoahH
04-22-2013, 05:19 PM

Max.This
04-22-2013, 05:21 PM
Yes

Cal827
04-22-2013, 05:23 PM
Nah man, Anthony will take a vote away from him.... Joel Anthony

Jewelz0376
04-22-2013, 05:24 PM
He probably deserves it but I don't think he will

WARRIORS@GR
04-22-2013, 05:31 PM
Does Skip Bayless have a vote?

ManRam
04-22-2013, 05:31 PM
it won't be unanimous.

HYFR
04-22-2013, 05:39 PM
Some voter will get up on their high horse and pick someone else which is completely stupid

JordansBulls
04-22-2013, 05:49 PM
There is no way he gets it unanimously. Durant will get a vote or so and Melo will probably get one or so as well. Melo will get it based on how much the Knicks improved. They went from a 7th seed to a #2 seed and had significant injuries. Durant will get it based on his season as well. Lebron will win the award, but those two guys at least will get a vote each if not more.

xxplayerxx23
04-22-2013, 05:50 PM
it won't be unanimous.

You think Durant steals some votes?

ManRam
04-22-2013, 06:20 PM
You think Durant steals some votes?

durant or melo, yeah.

there are always idiot voters. i think it's hard to justify (probably impossible to actually reasonably justify) a vote for anyone else, but again, someone will just do it to be different...or because they dislike lebron...or because they're bored...or who knows. but i'd bet that someone will.

ManningToTyree
04-22-2013, 07:49 PM
Durant and Melo will get a vote or two each.

It will be a landslide but not unanimous.

LayBraun
04-22-2013, 08:03 PM
It'll be close. Wouldn't be surprised if he does, won't be surprised if he doesn't.

Yankeefan213
04-22-2013, 08:05 PM
Yeah a few guys will actually make some sense and vote for Melo. All joking aside, it probably should be unanimous but I think KD and Melo will get a few votes.

atl_braves_fan
04-22-2013, 08:22 PM
I voted no because I think some stupid writer will give someone else a vote for some unknown reason, but I think he will win in a landslide (and it should be unanimous).

More-Than-Most
04-22-2013, 08:23 PM
Should he? Yes....Will he? No....Why? Because people are morons.

king4day
04-22-2013, 08:23 PM
I think Melo and Durant will get one or two

Minimal
04-22-2013, 09:37 PM
He deserves to win unanimously, but he won't. There is always some guys who are gonna pick someone else.

JasonJohnHorn
04-22-2013, 09:44 PM
I don't believe anybody has ever one the MVP unanimously ever! I may be wrong about that.

There will be some people who vote for CP3 and justifiably so. He lead the Clippers to their best record ever and his leadership on the floor is extremely valuable. Not to say LBJ's isn't, but let's be honest, they have Wade and Bosh who are both good leaders, Wade is a great leader... so when LBJ's not on the floor... they have other options in terms of leading the guys... with the Clippers... CP3 is there leader (or so it seems to me).

Statistically there is no argument for anybody other than LBJ, but voters often vote for intangibles. I think there is a case to be made for either Parker or Duncan (though I don't expect either to get first place votes) and I think that KD is a legit option for number one. I also expect NY based voters to show some love to Carmelo (just as I expect LA voters to show love to CP3 and SA voters to show love to TD and Parker and OKC voters to represent for Durant, it always goes like that).

I'm curious... has anybody EVER gotten all the first place votes? I don't think it's ever happened.

JordansBulls
04-22-2013, 09:56 PM
I don't believe anybody has ever one the MVP unanimously ever! I may be wrong about that.

There will be some people who vote for CP3 and justifiably so. He lead the Clippers to their best record ever and his leadership on the floor is extremely valuable. Not to say LBJ's isn't, but let's be honest, they have Wade and Bosh who are both good leaders, Wade is a great leader... so when LBJ's not on the floor... they have other options in terms of leading the guys... with the Clippers... CP3 is there leader (or so it seems to me).

Statistically there is no argument for anybody other than LBJ, but voters often vote for intangibles. I think there is a case to be made for either Parker or Duncan (though I don't expect either to get first place votes) and I think that KD is a legit option for number one. I also expect NY based voters to show some love to Carmelo (just as I expect LA voters to show love to CP3 and SA voters to show love to TD and Parker and OKC voters to represent for Durant, it always goes like that).

I'm curious... has anybody EVER gotten all the first place votes? I don't think it's ever happened.

Getting all 1st place votes mean you have won unanimously

JordansBulls
04-22-2013, 09:57 PM

Getting all 1st place votes mean you have won unanimously

JasonJohnHorn
04-22-2013, 09:57 PM
I looked it up. Nobody have EVER won unanimously. EVER. I don't expect it will ever happen.

I think people need to realize that different people define "most valuable" differently, so no matter how good a player is, no matter how dominant a player is statistically, it is highly unlikely that any player will ever win unanimously.

There are voter who think "MVP" means the best player period. There are voters who say it is the best player on the best team. In both those instances that would be LBJ, but there are voters who look at the word valuable differently. They don't only consider what a guy puts in the stat line, but the impact he has on the floor, or the impact he has in the locker room, or how he brings players together, or how he makes the players around him betters. In this case, I think CP3 has a legit shot, and KD is deserving of some love.

Also, local biases always creeps up. It is the media voting on this, so media reps in LA, NY, OKC and SA are all likely to vote for guys they saw play more. That happens every year.

Also, LBJ has he "fellow MVP" working against him. Wade is perhaps the best SG on the planet right now, so just as Shaq and Kobe both lost out on MVP's by playing with each other, there are voters who will say: Miami is that good because they have 4 HOFers on the team, or three All-Stars, and those voters may see LBJ's MVP status as diluted a little bit by this.

LBJ is the best player on the planet. No question in my eyes. Statistically, he was clearly the best player this season. But it is called the "Most Valuable Player" award, not the "Best Player" award. That word "valuable" is VERY different than "best" which is why Steve Nash has two MVP awards and Kobe only has one.

If I were a betting man, I would place a bet ever season, and that bet would be that who ever the MVP is, he will NOT be elected MVP unanimously.

I may be wrong, but I don't EVER see that happening.

t_money25
04-22-2013, 10:03 PM
He should but he most likely won't. I'd sure love to hear the argument for whoever else gets a first place vote.

tredigs
04-22-2013, 10:18 PM
Some idiot voted for AI in 2000 instead of Shaq. In what was possibly the most dominant season by a player ever. LBJ won't get a unanimous selection.

JordansBulls
04-22-2013, 10:48 PM
Didn't realize this but the Heat are 5-1 without Lebron this year and some of those games without Lebron and Wade. That is a .833 win percentage

They were 61-15 with him for a .803 win percentage. So i am sure someone will vote against him in that aspect.

Riodagoat
04-22-2013, 11:23 PM
Nope. Durant, Melo and possibly Parker will steal a vote or two. Thats just how it works.

LakersIn5
04-23-2013, 12:34 AM
should be 5 straight now

Ebbs
04-23-2013, 12:40 AM
Probably not. Always a couple weird votes. But he should. Easiest MVP choice of the last decade.

Meatmypet
04-23-2013, 12:54 AM
I think I heard Stephen A Smith telling us that he's casting his vote for Melo on ESPN Radio.

BklynKnicks3
04-24-2013, 12:56 PM
Lebron shouldnt even be top 5 with the amount of help he has this crazy mvp lost it meaning. Just give it to the best player on best team award.

THE MTL
04-24-2013, 01:05 PM
I voted yes, but I mean NO! lol.

Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, and Kevin Durant will surely get a couple first place votes.

But in the end, Lebron James will win it decisively though. Between the HOF stats and the 27-game winning streak, he has it in the bag. But I do think this will be his last or it will be CONSIDERABLY HARDER for him to win anymore.

lamzoka
04-24-2013, 01:07 PM
Jordan Crawford got a 1st pl vote for 6th man :facepalm:
Luke Babbit got a 3rd place vote

Melo will steal some 1st pl votes, so do Durant. But lebron will win it and he deserves it

xRipCity
04-24-2013, 01:08 PM
Yes.

ESPN analysts already voted and he got 30/30 votes as well