PDA

View Full Version : Mike D calls Kobe Bryant " A Fan "

Stunner
04-22-2013, 12:31 PM
Surprised I didn't see a thread on this but what are y'all opinions on this situation ?

D-Leethal
04-22-2013, 12:32 PM
He was right. Thats what fans do - play coach on twitter from their couch. Kobe should have realized the nonsense that would ensue from his twitter rants during the game.

Stunner
04-22-2013, 12:38 PM
He was right. Thats what fans do - play coach on twitter from their couch. Kobe should have realized the nonsense that would ensue from his twitter rants during the game.
True but Kobe apologied way before Mike made the comment . Yeah Mike has a point but he could have dealt with he situation way better . Kobe wasn't a fan when he was winning him games and when he kind of got him that Laker job . Kobe was just voicing what he would have said on the court.

BigBlueCrew
04-22-2013, 12:39 PM
Steven A went ape **** on his (mike Antoni's) *** on First Take today

"He needs to give a public apology today!!"

But Im with Antoni (shocking enuf) Kobe needs to put down the computer. Dantoni is under the gun enough already as is. Dont need the Black Mamba adding into the equation. And then you have that fool Phil Jackson saying he has the urge to coach again.

el hidalgo
04-22-2013, 12:40 PM
haven't you guys heard? kobe is the reason pau has been playing well. he told him to get in the post, then pau started tearing it up. top 5 coach in the league if he retired and started coaching toda.

Stunner
04-22-2013, 12:44 PM
Yea Kobe was wrong but he apologied like stated but come on if Mike knows he's under the gun why call the player who basically got you in the playoffs by himself a " Fan " certain players in the NBA you choose your words wisely about . If this isn't cleared up Lakers will have a new coach next year . This isn't going away

D-Leethal
04-22-2013, 12:46 PM
Steven A went ape **** on his (mike Antoni's) *** on First Take today

"He needs to give a public apology today!!"

But Im with Antoni (shocking enuf) Kobe needs to put down the computer. Dantoni is under the gun enough already as is. Dont need the Black Mamba adding into the equation. And then you have that fool Phil Jackson saying he has the urge to coach again.

Yea I mean Kobe basically put him in a spot where there was absolutely nothing he could have said that would have come out 'good'. The love affair tweets with Phil were just too much. You want to give D'Antoni some pointers, send him a ****ing text message or call him after the game, don't publicly bash the guy's strategy on twitter to give ESPN headlines they drool for.

D-Leethal
04-22-2013, 12:48 PM
Yea Kobe was wrong but he apologied like stated but come on if Mike knows he's under the gun why call the player who basically got you in the playoffs by himself a " Fan " certain players in the NBA you choose your words wisely about . If this isn't cleared up Lakers will have a new coach next year . This isn't going away

It really didn't sound that bad when he said it. It wasn't like he said 'Kobe's just a fan', the vibes I got from that press conference was he was implying 'hes doing what a fan would do' or he 'has the mindset of a fan right now', and that is true, and that is what fans do.

A teammate and player for the coach would talk to him directly and now spew his thoughts to the twitter universe.

kdspurman
04-22-2013, 12:57 PM
Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant 18h
On to game 2. I will be watching from the crib again in a pau jersey and laker face paint ha! All jk aside We will be fine on wed #fanmamba

Nice little subtle jab back by Kobe lol...

Pakman
04-22-2013, 12:59 PM
Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant 18h
On to game 2. I will be watching from the crib again in a pau jersey and laker face paint ha! All jk aside We will be fine on wed #fanmamba

Nice little subtle jab back by Kobe lol...kobe is the man.

kdspurman
04-22-2013, 01:02 PM
Kobe should check this out too, regarding the Lakers need to post more. Very informative

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/4/22/4251210/la-lakers-spurs-nba-playoffs-2013-kobe-bryant-post

D-Leethal
04-22-2013, 01:03 PM
^^^ Now that was a great response. I don't think Kobe meant harm by his tweeting, but I don't think Mike D needs he and Phil having a public love affair for millions to see, especially in the midst of a playoff series. I also don't think Mike D meant harm by his statements, but too easy to make great, misleading headlines out of the quote Mike D gave.

hotadef
04-22-2013, 01:03 PM
This is funny. They both are correct. The coach is cause kobe is home he is a fan watching the game like everyone else. he is the lakers biggest fan he basicly been with that team half of his life. Second kobe is right he yells things on court every game. no different if they had the mic on him during the game or ppl court side can hear. way over blown. there is nothing said that was worth a side eye.

and magic said same thing during half time basicly you got twin towers let them be twin towers and get down in that post and camp out

Stunner
04-22-2013, 01:04 PM
It really didn't sound that bad when he said it. It wasn't like he said 'Kobe's just a fan', the vibes I got from that press conference was he was implying 'hes doing what a fan would do' or he 'has the mindset of a fan right now', and that is true, and that is what fans do.

A teammate and player for the coach would talk to him directly and now spew his thoughts to the twitter universe.

Even if that what he was getting out he still should have said it in a different way. Mike is just a cocky person In general , he was this way with Melo , Pau , Dwight and now Kobe . I'm sure Kobe wouldn't have said anything if he Mike actually knew how to coach and use his personal .

naps
04-22-2013, 01:05 PM
I think it was disrespectful coming from D'Antonie But I also think Kobe needs take his *** away from twitter. It's not good for your coach and teammates when you let your thoughts out publicly during a game or a series. I mean his tweets are gonna be in the interviews of players and coach for no reason everyday as long as this series lasts. It might create extra pressure on the team overall. If you have thoughts that might help your team, just make a call to your coach or players. No need to bring it on public.

NeverSayNevur
04-22-2013, 01:05 PM
Someone's just a little insecure that he's about to lose his job

Stunner
04-22-2013, 01:09 PM
Maybe Kobe thought it was time for this to be said out in public though . Obviously he trying to tell the front office this isn't working hell look at this team , there is no way they should be a 7th seed.

D-Leethal
04-22-2013, 01:16 PM
Maybe Kobe thought it was time for this to be said out in public though . Obviously he trying to tell the front office this isn't working hell look at this team , there is no way they should be a 7th seed.

IDK man, their roster is not THAT impressive. The bench is putrid, their were a ton of injuries, the pieces really don't fit at all. 4 starters are over 35. They were 1-5 before D'Antoni came aboard so theres not much evidence out there that suggests this roster was capable of winning with any coach.

I honestly don't think the Lakers have any intention of firing D'Antoni, I think theres a better chance Lakers make a ton of moves to adjust the roster to D'Antoni and his pick and roll + 3 ball attack than there is of them canning Mike D and sticking with the two-headed post monster attack.

D-Leethal
04-22-2013, 01:17 PM
And I mean DURING game 1 of the playoffs 'is time for it to be said'?

There couldn't have been a worse time for that to be said.

Iggz53
04-22-2013, 01:17 PM
Am I the only one who thinks it isn't a big deal? :shrug: I don't think D'Antoni meant any disrespect and I don't really see anything wrong with what he said. Sounded more like he was defending Kobe by mentioning his enthusiasm, after a reporter asked if Kobe tweeting was inappropriate.

JiffyMix88
04-22-2013, 01:26 PM
To be fair if Kobe was in the game Pau still wouldn't get it in the post no matter how long he sat there

hugepatsfan
04-22-2013, 01:30 PM
Kobe Bryant is just further proving the idea that he's an ego maniac that doesn't want to win for the sake of winning, but because he views it as a personal accomplishment.

hugepatsfan
04-22-2013, 01:31 PM
Am I the only one who thinks it isn't a big deal? :shrug: I don't think D'Antoni meant any disrespect and I don't really see anything wrong with what he said. Sounded more like he was defending Kobe by mentioning his enthusiasm, after a reporter asked if Kobe tweeting was inappropriate.

D'Antoni absolutely did mean disrespect because Kobe deserves it. It's complete bull **** what he did. He shows no respect for the coach's authority and he clearly cares more about being in the news than he does the Lakers winning. He refuses to let the story not be about him.

ManRam
04-22-2013, 01:34 PM
this story is about as important as the poo i took this morning.

el hidalgo
04-22-2013, 01:54 PM

if thats the case, i hope you took a picture

el hidalgo
04-22-2013, 01:56 PM
Kobe Bryant is just further proving the idea that he's an ego maniac that doesn't want to win for the sake of winning, but because he views it as a personal accomplishment.

+1. let the coach do his thing and don't throw him under the bus just because you aren't part of this playoff run anymore. this does nothing that is beneficial to the team. he could really care less if the lakers win now IMO. he won't get the true recognition of winning the ring. doesn't matter to him anymore.

DaLakerz Rulz
04-22-2013, 02:32 PM

Yes that is exactly what he demonstrated through his tweets...:rolleyes:

Overreaction by media leading to an overreaction by PSD. Classic.

NeverSayNevur
04-22-2013, 02:46 PM

Did you tweet about it?

Avenged
04-22-2013, 02:49 PM
Lol didn't know about this till now. Way to make a story out of nothing.

Ebbs
04-22-2013, 03:00 PM
From a business stand point Kobe should stop. From a fan stand poitn don't stop it's entertaining.

still1ballin
04-22-2013, 03:03 PM
+1. let the coach do his thing and don't throw him under the bus just because you aren't part of this playoff run anymore. this does nothing that is beneficial to the team. he could really care less if the lakers win now IMO. he won't get the true recognition of winning the ring. doesn't matter to him anymore.

Let this coach do his thing? What things? He hasn't done squat. The same guy who benched one of the best bigs in the game, a two time champion. The same guy who ran Kobe into the floor with the minutes.

Kobe was just stating the obvious. The whole world was saying the same thing in how we needed to go into the post. D'antoni is just too stubborn and will go back to his system regardless if it works.

Oh yeah, without Kobe, there would be no playoff run.

ThunderousDemon
04-22-2013, 03:25 PM
Another useless thread.

BKLYNpigeon
04-22-2013, 03:30 PM
who cares.

el hidalgo
04-22-2013, 03:32 PM
Let this coach do his thing? What things? He hasn't done squat. The same guy who benched one of the best bigs in the game, a two time champion. The same guy who ran Kobe into the floor with the minutes.

Kobe was just stating the obvious. The whole world was saying the same thing in how we needed to go into the post. D'antoni is just too stubborn and will go back to his system regardless if it works.

Oh yeah, without Kobe, there would be no playoff run.

funny, when pau isn't playing well laker's fans are the first to throw him under the bus. when he plays well, kobe gets the credit because he told pau to go in the post :laugh: i wish i could find the quote of you saying that

ManRam
04-22-2013, 03:43 PM
who cares.

the answer to this is: el hidalgo and ESPN.

still1ballin
04-22-2013, 03:48 PM
funny, when pau isn't playing well laker's fans are the first to throw him under the bus. when he plays well, kobe gets the credit because he told pau to go in the post :laugh: i wish i could find the quote of you saying that

Brotha, we throw everyone under the bus including Kobe. Don't believe me? Ask other Laker fans who post in the Laker forum.

Mark Medina @MarkG_Medina

Pau Gasol on Kobe Bryant: "He tells me to run to the post, take it and screw everything else."

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2013/4/10/4208962/kobe-tells-pau-to-run-to-the-post-metta-says-hes-too-sexy-for-his-cat

“He tells me to run to the post, take it and screw everything else,” Gasol said. “That’s not my personality. I like my team and my coaching staff to want me to be there instead of positioning myself there. It helps that Kobe has a lot of control with what happens out there. He wants me to be there and sees that it works and is supportive.”

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2013/04/10/pau-gasol-forcing-his-way-into-the-post-on-kobe-bryants-insistence/

There you have it. After these comments, Gasol started to revert back to his old 2010 championship self. Basically Kobe said, screw D'Antonis system and do what you do best.

It was evident from Game 1 against the Spurs that wasn't the plan as Gasol was out in the perimeter shooting jumpers.

hugepatsfan
04-22-2013, 04:02 PM
Yes that is exactly what he demonstrated through his tweets...:rolleyes:

Overreaction by media leading to an overreaction by PSD. Classic.

Yes, that's exactly what he's proving. How does him ripping the coach on twitter make the team better off? How is the team better for having to answer stupid questions about what Kobe is tweeting? He should just do what every other injured player does - watch the games and shut the **** up about them. He should stop making the story about him. He just has to have everyone talking about his impact on the team no matter what.

Captain Moroni
04-22-2013, 04:19 PM
I cant stand Dantoni or his smug post game press conference persona. But Kobe Bryant is 100% wrong here.

Kobe is NOT a coach. twitter is a newer media. Sit on the couch and watch the game or limp to the arena and put on a suit and help coach. Even dantoni doesn't need a back seat driver.

How annoyed would anyone be having a future HOF player chirping to the world about what you should do or say? It's a real weak cheese approach by Kobe.

DaLakerz Rulz
04-22-2013, 05:45 PM
Yes, that's exactly what he's proving. How does him ripping the coach on twitter make the team better off? How is the team better for having to answer stupid questions about what Kobe is tweeting? He should just do what every other injured player does - watch the games and shut the **** up about them. He should stop making the story about him. He just has to have everyone talking about his impact on the team no matter what.

Which is exactly what he said he would do after all this happened. You forget he was not on any kind of social media whatsoever for most of his career. I doubt he was looking for attention. You guys are reading into it way too much (this happens with all star players on this site, especially Kobe and LeBron). Your own words: "ego maniac that doesn't want to win for the sake of winning".

zn23
04-22-2013, 06:23 PM
In another thread I said Kobe's tweets are the most self serving thing I have ever seen. Talk about being an attention whore, this guy has to get talked about. His tweets became a huge part of the telecast, as they kept bringing them up as if they meant something. It took away from the great game the Spurs played.

Kobe should stop tweeting until the series is over, at least don't give pointers during the game...

DaLakerz Rulz
04-22-2013, 06:28 PM
In another thread I said Kobe's tweets are the most self serving thing I have ever seen. Talk about being an attention whore, this guy has to get talked about. His tweets became a huge part of the telecast, as they kept bringing them up as if they meant something. It took away from the great game the Spurs played.

Kobe should stop tweeting until the series is over, at least don't give pointers during the game...

Wait why wouldn't you want Kobe to distract the Lakers? Don't you want the Lakers to lose in the worst way possible? Last game was an anomaly...Stern is gonna step his game up on Wednesday. Spurs will need all the help they can get.

WAYNEBO
04-22-2013, 06:40 PM
Cannot ever take away from his talents or legacy on the court, but this is just one more example of how much of a Douchbag Kobe is.

Jenceman
04-22-2013, 06:46 PM

How do people even believe the things they say?

--23--
04-22-2013, 07:04 PM
:laugh2: People really upset over Kobe tweeting and call it distracting... Boy oh boy people today turn anything into an issue.

zn23
04-22-2013, 07:10 PM
Wait why wouldn't you want Kobe to distract the Lakers? Don't you want the Lakers to lose in the worst way possible? Last game was an anomaly...Stern is gonna step his game up on Wednesday. Spurs will need all the help they can get.

Why would I want that? I like the Lakers.

BigBlueCrew
04-22-2013, 07:11 PM
http://www.foxsportswest.com/fox-sports-networks/story/CoachVino-retiring-keyboard-during-games?blockID=894987&feedID=3707

Coach Vino is retiring his keyboard...during playoff games, at least.

On Monday, after causing a national stir with his in-game tweeting during the Lakers' series-opening loss against the Spurs, Kobe Bryant issued the following tweet:

To tweet or not to tweet.. I CHOOSE not 2. Focus should be on the team not my insight. @georgelopez voice "Can't DO nothin!"#vinospeare
— Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) April 22, 2013

It all started last night following the 91-79 loss, when Bryant acknowledged the attention his 140-character-or-less thoughts were receiving:

I see my tweeting during the game is being talked about as much as the game itself. Not my intention , just bored as I guess #notagain
— Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) April 21, 2013

Kobe's tweets were incorporated into highlights of the game shown on various sports shows, locally and nationally. The tweets, as seen below, ranged from game strategy to his fondness of competing against the Spurs' Tim Duncan.

Following the game, Lakers head coach Mike D'Antoni was asked what he thought about Bryant's tweets and said these days, with his injury, he was subjected to being a fan.

DaLakerz Rulz
04-22-2013, 07:14 PM

How do people even believe the things they say?

I think if you keep repeating it to yourself over and over you will ultimately believe it.

sammyvine
04-22-2013, 07:17 PM
http://www.foxsportswest.com/fox-sports-networks/story/CoachVino-retiring-keyboard-during-games?blockID=894987&feedID=3707

Coach Vino is retiring his keyboard...during playoff games, at least.

On Monday, after causing a national stir with his in-game tweeting during the Lakers' series-opening loss against the Spurs, Kobe Bryant issued the following tweet:

To tweet or not to tweet.. I CHOOSE not 2. Focus should be on the team not my insight. @georgelopez voice "Can't DO nothin!"#vinospeare
Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) April 22, 2013

It all started last night following the 91-79 loss, when Bryant acknowledged the attention his 140-character-or-less thoughts were receiving:

I see my tweeting during the game is being talked about as much as the game itself. Not my intention , just bored as I guess #notagain
Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) April 21, 2013

Kobe's tweets were incorporated into highlights of the game shown on various sports shows, locally and nationally. The tweets, as seen below, ranged from game strategy to his fondness of competing against the Spurs' Tim Duncan.

Following the game, Lakers head coach Mike D'Antoni was asked what he thought about Bryant's tweets and said these days, with his injury, he was subjected to being a fan.

If peeps dont like what him or what he's tweeting, don't read them or follow him, simple. It really isnt that emotional/

sammyvine
04-22-2013, 07:19 PM

How is he ripping his coach? He is basically like any other fan on twitter.
Do you really think the lakers care that much about what he is tweeting during the game?

Most stars tweet...lebron tweets, wade tweets, durant tweets etc...

BigBlueCrew
04-22-2013, 07:21 PM
Do you really think the lakers care that much about what he is tweeting during the game?

yeah, but he's not, thats the problem. Would you be shocked if Jim Buss gave him a call and told him to give the tweeting a rest?

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-22-2013, 07:21 PM
I still can't get wrap my head around the fact that Kobe's tweets are apparently a bigger story than the actual game itself.

LakersDudeee
04-22-2013, 08:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO2wpmvt52A

Link to First Take

hugepatsfan
04-22-2013, 08:03 PM
Which is exactly what he said he would do after all this happened. You forget he was not on any kind of social media whatsoever for most of his career. I doubt he was looking for attention. You guys are reading into it way too much (this happens with all star players on this site, especially Kobe and LeBron). Your own words: "ego maniac that doesn't want to win for the sake of winning".

You left out the most important part of my quote. He wants to win because it enhances his personal legacy. He wants to win because he views it as something that he needs to do so people will call him the greatest. It's all about his ego and **** like this just proves it. Shut the **** up and let the story be about the players playing. And don't give the **** about now he'll stop. He knew exactly what the reaction was and he posted anyway just so he could be in the story and then come out and say "oh I just care about my team and get passionate, if it's a distraction I'll stop because I just want them to win." It's BS. Anyone with a brain can see right through him.

THINKBLUE15
04-22-2013, 08:38 PM
D'Antoni absolutely did mean disrespect because Kobe deserves it. It's complete bull **** what he did. He shows no respect for the coach's authority and he clearly cares more about being in the news than he does the Lakers winning. He refuses to let the story not be about him.
So idiot sports writers who know nothing are allowed to voice their opinion, but someone who's actually been there, done that, has actual ties within the team, and knows what he's talking about can't?

I highly doubt the Spurs or Spurs fans care. They won the game and that's all that matters.

DaLakerz Rulz
04-22-2013, 08:44 PM
You left out the most important part of my quote. He wants to win because it enhances his personal legacy. He wants to win because he views it as something that he needs to do so people will call him the greatest. It's all about his ego and **** like this just proves it. Shut the **** up and let the story be about the players playing. And don't give the **** about now he'll stop. He knew exactly what the reaction was and he posted anyway just so he could be in the story and then come out and say "oh I just care about my team and get passionate, if it's a distraction I'll stop because I just want them to win." It's BS. Anyone with a brain can see right through him.

Wow, you are giving him way too much credit. So now he did it purposely (while anticipating Mr. Pringles' reaction) just so he can come back and say I only care about the team? Are you also one of those that thinks Kobe exaggerates his injuries on purpose so that he can play through it and people will call him great? Its hilarious how you all dissect everything these guys do and try to create create a story out of nothing...sometimes people just post stuff on twitter without thinking.

zn23
04-22-2013, 08:54 PM
I still can't get wrap my head around the fact that Kobe's tweets are apparently a bigger story than the actual game itself.

lol yea that's my point. I don't know of another player whose tweets are a bigger story than a playoff game. Kobe pretends like he ignores the media, but he is very media savvy. He knows the best ways to bring attention to himself.

gaughan333
04-22-2013, 09:04 PM
Why would you bother making a thread, you seem pretty stuck on your opinion on this. Did you just want people to agree with you?

Stunner
04-22-2013, 09:28 PM
Why would you bother making a thread, you seem pretty stuck on your opinion on this. Did you just want people to agree with you?

I just made a thread on a sports situation that was all over the place and didn't see it posted . I asked what people thought and voiced my opinion as well . Don't see what you're getting at

Missing56&33
04-22-2013, 10:09 PM
I thought the comments D'antoni made was disrespectful. D'antoni is not good with the media, he don't know what to say most of the time, then he laughs it off because he know what he just said makes no sense. I think it's a mistake to bring this clown back.

D'antoni will never win a championship...I felt like that when he was in NY. He don't have a clear understanding of how to relate to players and he has favorites. Seems like Kobe may have a problem with D'antoni based on some of his Twitter comments.

Fired D'antoni and hire Brian Shaw...get a fresh start with a young HC...JMO.

Stunner
04-22-2013, 10:20 PM
Shaw should have been a head coach

Purple_n_Gold
04-22-2013, 10:27 PM
So informative, knowledgeable , when did you become an NBA insider and psychiatrist? I'm really sure that he thinks tweeting will enhance his legacy. I'm sure he did all this and it was premeditated. He probably was thinking how can I make this about me. My legacy depends on it. You sir are a genius. Conspiracy mixed with a pinch of rigging.

kblo247
04-23-2013, 01:36 AM
Lets be real about a couple things.

Dantoni wouldn't have a job if it wasnt for Kobe. The Lakes wouldn't be a playoff team without Kobe. Pau and Dwight wouldn't openly be positioned where they were on the winning streak if it wasnt for Kobe saying screw the coaching staff Pau get on the block and Dwight, you go step in two feet in the paint and be around out of bounds and get it there. Even Dwight admitted Kobe told him to move to a different spot so he could be more effective when Pau returned.

Lets also be real here, he can't simply go to the game. Even the trainers said that. He isn't cleared to travel. Hell he hasn't even left the house and had to have permission to attend game 3-4. So yes he's a fan. He can't go to the practice facility, can't go to staples, can't be there and point things out ... Nothing he can do at all for the team he willed by himself into the playoffs and a winning record, but sit on a couch, watch, and hope like every fan which is a true first for him as he's always been with the team before whenever he's been hurt

And how the hell does it distract from the game? The players aren't reading them, they can't at all during a game. Espn, more importantly JVG and Mike Breen blew them up by reading and co-signing them. They even posted his Instagram pictures and talked about his choice of dogs. It's much ado about nothing mostly because Dantoni lacks tact, which is why Pau and Dwight were openly pissed with Dantoni early in the year and what he was critiqued for when it came to Melo in Ny

el hidalgo
04-23-2013, 01:46 AM
Lets be real about a couple things.

Dantoni wouldn't have a job if it wasnt for Kobe. The Lakes wouldn't be a playoff team without Kobe. Pau and Dwight wouldn't openly be positioned where they were on the winning streak if it wasnt for Kobe saying screw the coaching staff Pau get on the block and Dwight, you go step in two feet in the paint and be around out of bounds and get it there. Even Dwight admitted Kobe told him to move to a different spot so he could be more effective when Pau returned.

Lets also be real here, he can't simply go to the game. Even the trainers said that. He isn't cleared to travel. Hell he hasn't even left the house and had to have permission to attend game 3-4. So yes he's a fan. He can't go to the practice facility, can't go to staples, can't be there and point things out ... Nothing he can do at all for the team he willed by himself into the playoffs and a winning record, but sit on a couch, watch, and hope like every fan which is a true first for him as he's always been with the team before whenever he's been hurt

And how the hell does it distract from the game? The players aren't reading them, they can't at all during a game. Espn, more importantly JVG and Mike Breen blew them up by reading and co-signing them. They even posted his Instagram pictures and talked about his choice of dogs. It's much ado about nothing mostly because Dantoni lacks tact, which is why Pau and Dwight were openly pissed with Dantoni early in the year and what he was critiqued for when it came to Melo in Ny

move over mr. russell, kobe is officially the greatest player-coach ever :laugh2:

YouCan'tBeatLA
04-23-2013, 01:57 AM
Calm the **** down.

kblo247
04-23-2013, 06:12 AM
Yeah I think this is a sneak peek for him of what retirement is like as crazy as it sounds ... He was forced to just watch and he did what we do, vented as he can't travel or do anything anymore ... He needs someway to channel being a Laker without being a Laker and I think it was a eye opener for him as he's been helping the coaches dating back to Winters making him review and scout in 2001 when he was hurt to better his understanding of the game and feel useful. This makes retirement less abstract IMO and more real, and he went on a rant

zn23
04-23-2013, 10:58 AM

Preach!

Captain Moroni
04-23-2013, 11:13 AM

Most fans don't have 2,000,000 followers and the attention of the national media. So no, he is not like any other fan tweeting.

zn23
04-23-2013, 11:19 AM
Most fans don't have 2,000,000 followers and the attention of the national media. So no, he is not like any other fan tweeting.

Someone gets it.

If people don't know by now, ESPN, or should I say Disn-ESPN, has production meetings before games or shows where they have a script that they have to follow and obviously have to talk about the players that enhance their shows ratings. It's no surprise Kobe is an Disn-ESPN favorite, due to his fan base, who will eat up whatever they say. That's why even when he's not playing they have to put an effort to mention him by saying stuff like "Kobe is such a competitior he wants to get in there and play so bad", and "He willed his team through his injuries" then they go as far as to show his twitter posts throughout the entire game.

Kobe of course knows this. He pays very close attention to how the media perceives him. Even though his fans think he's some type of 'killer' who doesn't care about the media.

hugepatsfan
04-23-2013, 11:33 AM
Do any of you honestly believe that Kobe didn't know tweets of him telling the coach what to do wouldn't draw national headlines? Anyone with a brain knows exactly how those tweets were going to be taken and what you don't realize is that by pretending Kobe didn't, your essentially calling him an idiot since that's what he'd have to be to not realize what was going to happen.

Ark45
04-23-2013, 11:38 AM
...but he IS a fan right now.

el hidalgo
04-23-2013, 11:46 AM
Do any of you honestly believe that Kobe didn't know tweets of him telling the coach what to do wouldn't draw national headlines? Anyone with a brain knows exactly how those tweets were going to be taken and what you don't realize is that by pretending Kobe didn't, your essentially calling him an idiot since that's what he'd have to be to not realize what was going to happen.

It's really a joke that some people don't see what an attention whore kobe is. He'll do anything to be in the spotlight. Kobe's priority list goes like this: 1. his legacy 2. the team's success. Been that way since he drove shaq out so he could be "the man".

zn23
04-23-2013, 02:40 PM
It's really a joke that some people don't see what an attention whore kobe is. He'll do anything to be in the spotlight. Kobe's priority list goes like this: 1. his legacy 2. the team's success. Been that way since he drove shaq out so he could be "the man".

I'm sure Kobe cares about success, but only when it's on his terms. Meaning he has to be the star of the team.

Jewelz0376
04-23-2013, 03:03 PM

I'm sure Kobe cares about success, but only when it's on his terms. Meaning he has to be the star of the team.

Since neither one of you know Kobe or know what he's thinking...Care to explain how the two of you came to these conclusions??

KniCks4LiFe
04-23-2013, 03:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO2wpmvt52A

Link to First Take

damn... you kno it's bad when Skip and SAS agree. And both make sense. :laugh2:

DR_1
04-23-2013, 03:10 PM
Blown way out of proportion. Kobe is not one to by and watch, he wants to do SOMETHING for his team

zn23
04-23-2013, 03:25 PM
Since neither one of you know Kobe or know what he's thinking...Care to explain how the two of you came to these conclusions??

"I'm not going to stick around to be a 20 ppg scorer"- Kobe Bryant

zn23
04-23-2013, 03:26 PM
double post

DaLakerz Rulz
04-23-2013, 05:02 PM
Blown way out of proportion. Kobe is not one to by and watch, he wants to do SOMETHING for his team

That's pretty much the case with everything Laker related on this site.

el hidalgo
04-25-2013, 12:57 AM
driving shaq out of LA...

kblo247
04-25-2013, 09:32 AM
driving shaq out of LA...
Yelling pay me moneynt the owner in front of a bunch of celebs while starting the first year of a 3 year 80M extension or telling Kobe to leave he wasnt needed on his team at training camp didnt happen