PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of Paul George at this point?

LongWayFromHome
04-22-2013, 11:47 AM
I haven't got to watch him very much so I don't have a lot of "eye test" on him. His shooting percentages were down this year (which is normal when USG goes up), but I was looking at hoopdata and 2FG% besides at the rim are terrible and his TO are high for a non point gaurd. Does he make really bad decisions on offense consistently?

PS - this all has nothing to do with how tall he is or isn't

Stinkyoutsider
04-22-2013, 12:19 PM
I think he's still developing and has never been a go to option before, so this is new for him. I expect him to take some bad shots and turn the ball over some until he gets more experience in that role.

As far as skills, I think he's still developing there too and that's scary for his opponents.

I honestly think he should start developing a post game. The long and midrange game works if you're hitting shots but on those nights where he needs it, he can go into the post against smaller 2s and 3s and do some damage.

Hellcrooner
04-22-2013, 12:26 PM
that he can still get to 7 feet.

D-Leethal
04-22-2013, 12:31 PM
I think hes one of the, if not the, best 'Robin' in the NBA, but he will never be Batman on a true contender. His multi-faceted skill set and two-way game could make him a hell of a Pippen if they can find him a Jordan.

SugeKnight
04-22-2013, 12:35 PM
Jason Richardson

NoahH
04-22-2013, 01:38 PM
end of the 2013-2014 season. Heat get rid of D Wade and get Paul George?

xxplayerxx23
04-22-2013, 01:40 PM
end of the 2013-2014 season. Heat get rid of D Wade and get Paul George?

Lol what!!!?

SeoulBeatz
04-22-2013, 01:51 PM
He's in that Jrue Holiday category where he won't be a #1 option on a championship team, but he'll be as good of a #2 as you can get and will compete for all-star spots for years to come.

George reminds me of a watered down T-Mac, and i mean that as a compliment.

ChitownSports16
04-22-2013, 02:34 PM
Bit overrated here imo..

b@llhog24
04-22-2013, 02:51 PM
He's not a great 2nd option, too inefficient. Maybe a teams second best player, but then you'd need a pretty darn good #1.

Ezio
04-22-2013, 02:57 PM
I think hes one of the, if not the, best 'Robin' in the NBA, but he will never be Batman on a true contender. His multi-faceted skill set and two-way game could make him a hell of a Pippen if they can find him a Jordan.

He's in that Jrue Holiday category where he won't be a #1 option on a championship team, but he'll be as good of a #2 as you can get and will compete for all-star spots for years to come.

George reminds me of a watered down T-Mac, and i mean that as a compliment.

He's not a great 2nd option, too inefficient. Maybe a teams second best player, but then you'd need a pretty darn good #1.

All of these are my opinion too.

Ark45
04-22-2013, 02:58 PM
I like him as a 2nd/3rd option. I feel like he would only be a true second if he had a fantastic 1st option (Like LBJ) on his team, otherwise he wouldn't have as much an impact.

TheNumber37
04-22-2013, 03:11 PM
He needs to play with a better PG.
Pacers should get Brandon Jennings, who actually fits into what they do, he can passes really well and can play Pick and Roll. His shooting percentages also won't show us as much because the Pacers are such good rebounders.

GiantsSwaGG
04-22-2013, 03:33 PM
He's too up and down

PacersForLife
04-22-2013, 03:47 PM
He's too up and down

He's only 22.

Nycbball08
04-22-2013, 03:54 PM
Ahh nothing..

dtmagnet
04-22-2013, 04:02 PM
He's pretty tall, and after he mad the all-star team people went pretty squee for him.

5ass
04-22-2013, 04:03 PM
He has 2 first names

D-Leethal
04-22-2013, 04:16 PM

Wouldn't you say if you put him on the court with a legit star where he wasn't asked to be a #1 option, and he wasn't the only guy on his entire team who could collapse a defense and draw defenders, that his efficiency would go up?

THE GIPPER
04-22-2013, 04:24 PM
He's pretty overrated on this site IMO. But overall I like his game, could be a solid 3rd option on a Championship team.

MonroeFAN
04-22-2013, 04:31 PM
I think he's going to be a complete stud. I really hope the Pistons throw everything they can at him.

At this point in time, he's kind of inconsistent which is to be expected. He still shows signs of being dominant.

VCaintdead17
04-22-2013, 05:01 PM
He'd be a decent second option if he had a great point guard feeding him the ball, can't create his own shot too well and is retardedly turnover prone. Still young though, and to be as good as he is defensively, rebounding wise and also passing wise, who knows what his ceiling is.

b@llhog24
04-22-2013, 05:16 PM
Wouldn't you say if you put him on the court with a legit star where he wasn't asked to be a #1 option, and he wasn't the only guy on his entire team who could collapse a defense and draw defenders, that his efficiency would go up?

That almost goes without saying, however that would only make him a "good second option" imo.

Missing56&33
04-22-2013, 06:04 PM
I like his game a lot, he's definitely deserving of being an all star. He can be a top player in the league if he wants it bad enough.

Purple_n_Gold
04-23-2013, 01:03 AM
Wish he was on the Lakers...

Tysons_Beard
04-23-2013, 01:12 AM
yall are crazy, he's hella young and he's going to be a great player when he gets older

smith&wesson
04-23-2013, 01:25 AM
Paul George is disgusting. Soo many ppl under rate this kid.

smith&wesson
04-23-2013, 01:25 AM
yall are crazy, he's hella young and he's going to be a great player when he gets older

+1

Pacerlive
04-23-2013, 03:26 AM
I haven't got to watch him very much so I don't have a lot of "eye test" on him. His shooting percentages were down this year (which is normal when USG goes up), but I was looking at hoopdata and 2FG% besides at the rim are terrible and his TO are high for a non point gaurd. Does he make really bad decisions on offense consistently?

PS - this all has nothing to do with how tall he is or isn't

I'll answer your question as best as I can.

Pacers offense is very simplistic which doesn't help him at all and leads to him forcing things. His ball handleling has improved from last year but its still average and he needs to keep improving it. The overall feel from Pacer nation is that he is progressing nicely but still hasn't adjusted to guarding the best opposing player and being the number one offensive player on his team. He settles for too many threes and doesn't drive enough to draw contact, all of which could be do to over using him at times on both ends of the court.

Overall he is improving though and Pacer fans realize that he has a chance to become something special if he can put it all together in the next couple of years.

Im_in_Mia_bish
04-23-2013, 04:53 AM
i think he is overrated as hell, however, his defense is top notch, i could see him as an iggy type of player, except who is a solid 3 point shooter basically a better version of tayshaun prince.

so def not a #1 option, but one of the best role players we have in the league.

TheLegend
04-23-2013, 09:45 AM
He's pretty overrated on this site IMO. But overall I like his game, could be a solid 3rd option on a Championship team.

Overrated? Not at all, he's 22 and just had a triple double to start the playoffs. And he didn't even have a good shooting game. Paul is a top 3 sf in the east, behind only Lebron and Melo. Wait until he's 25. He's going to be a beast a both ends of the court. A lot of you don't know a great player until its obvious that he's a great player.