PDA

View Full Version : Most Likely Team to Lose 1-0 Series Lead

Guppyfighter
04-22-2013, 12:24 AM
It's likely (at least) one of the leaders in their series blows the series now. Which team is it.

Ark45
04-22-2013, 12:27 AM
This seems too soon, but I had to go Denver here. They barely squeaked out a win at home.

Sportfan
04-22-2013, 12:29 AM
Clippers, Nets, Knicks, Spurs in that order.

CHANGO
04-22-2013, 12:29 AM
Knicks, Clippers or Nuggets...

Lee is out of the playoffs so I'm going to say... Emm... Maybe Clippers. Or Knicks... Or... :) Neither!

sharqstealth
04-22-2013, 12:47 AM
Nets. Bulls will grind it out

DenButsu
04-22-2013, 12:51 AM
This seems too soon, but I had to go Denver here. They barely squeaked out a win at home.

The Nuggets only lost 3 games at home this season, and the last time they did was January 18th. Lee is out for the series, and Faried will return for game 2. Not that they don't have vulnerabilities that GSW can exploit (especially Denver's perimeter defense), but I really don't see them losing at home to the Warriors. If they advance and face the Spurs, that might be a different story.

I voted for the Clippers because that's the closest matchup, the series should go 7 games, and I think each team will steal one road win.

PacersForLife
04-22-2013, 01:24 AM
I would have to say Clippers.

KniCks4LiFe
04-22-2013, 01:30 AM
Clippers. I just see Memphis hitting them back.

Wait we talking about 1-0 to losing the whole thing or 1-0 to losing gm. 2?

Guppyfighter
04-22-2013, 01:33 AM
Clippers. I just see Memphis hitting them back.

Wait we talking about 1-0 to losing the whole thing or 1-0 to losing gm. 2?

The series.

KniCks4LiFe
04-22-2013, 01:43 AM
The series.

ohh.. maybe the Lakers. They just need to stop that SAS bench. And not have empty possessions.

DreamShaker
04-22-2013, 01:45 AM
Clippers and Bulls represent, to me, the game one losers of the most evenly matched series. Gotta be the best choice. I just do not see a huge upset in the 1st round. Everyone talking a Lakers upset is crazy to me.

Aust
04-22-2013, 02:12 AM
Clippers, Knicks, Nets. No order.

WARRIORS@GR
04-22-2013, 02:19 AM
I am preety sure boston or chicago will steal game 2,but not the series.
Memphis could do that.

mngopher35
04-22-2013, 02:33 AM
The Clippers were the only team with home advantage I chose to not make round 2, so I will stick with that. It actually doesn't have as much to do with them as it does their opponent. Easily the toughest opponent of everyone mentioned. I think it should be a close series and could go either way.

LayBraun
04-22-2013, 03:29 AM
I gotta go with Atlanta. Surprised I haven't seen that yet.

asandhu23
04-22-2013, 03:59 AM
Nuggets.

c.c.
04-22-2013, 08:05 AM
Thunder!

kdspurman
04-22-2013, 08:25 AM
It's tough to say. I actually don't think anyone gives up the series, based off competition alone I'd say maybe Memphis has a chance, and even then the Clips usually play them well.

ATX
04-22-2013, 09:14 AM
Clippers or Nets. I went Clippers, only because Memphis is the stronger opponent. I'll be surprised if Atlanta wins more than 1 game, same goes for LAL sans Kobe.

JordansBulls
04-22-2013, 09:17 AM
Bulls are the only realistic one and maybe the Lakers.

justinnum1
04-22-2013, 09:17 AM
Memphis in the west and Knicks in the east.

BrianValente
04-22-2013, 09:29 AM
Nets

D-Leethal
04-22-2013, 09:44 AM
Clips.

MELO 15
04-22-2013, 09:55 AM
Memphis in the west and Knicks in the east.

Surprise surprise! He said the knicks with that Huge Heat Sig!

NYKnickFanatic
04-22-2013, 10:01 AM

Atlanta didn't win game one...

PacersForLife
04-22-2013, 11:11 AM

Cause they didn't win?

IgglesFanInCO
04-22-2013, 11:31 AM
Denver played one of their worst games of the season, didnt have a single player do well, and still won

it wont even be that close anymore, that was golden states one and only chance, especially with faried coming back

ndfightirish12
04-22-2013, 11:34 AM
knicks

ryang
04-22-2013, 12:48 PM
Knicks

D-Leethal
04-22-2013, 12:50 PM
Heat fans are trying to hard to convince themselves that Boston is a real threat, Boston is a shell fellas, they have nothing left, they are a .500 team, they are not giving us a run in this series.

ryang
04-22-2013, 12:56 PM
Yea I agree lethal but my hatred for the Knicks forces me to choose you.

ryang
04-22-2013, 12:57 PM
Boston did play well considering. That team always has a chance. Could care less tho. Would like ny or Indy in the ECF.

D-Leethal
04-22-2013, 12:58 PM
Yea I agree lethal but my hatred for the Knicks forces me to choose you.

I knew that, which is why I felt the need to mention it, because Knicks are clearly not the choice using logic.

There is no recipe or gameplan out there for the Celtics to beat the Knicks that doesn't involve a season ending injury to Carmelo Anthony. We have their #, and will continue to have their # until we sweep or win in 5.

D-Leethal
04-22-2013, 12:59 PM
Boston did play well considering. That team always has a chance. Could care less tho. Would like ny or Indy in the ECF.

They will hold on for stretches of games but they don't have the firepower to outplay for us for consecutive quarters, let alone consecutive games.

Our offense was putrid, we missed shots we've been hitting all year, and we still suffocated them into a 25 point half and sealed the deal. There are a ton of ways we can beat them, there aren't very many ways they can beat us that doesn't involve a meltdown of epic proportions or a season ending injury.

goingfor28
04-22-2013, 01:13 PM
grizzlies have no chance. that series will end in 5.

to answer OP, knicks

Ill21
04-22-2013, 01:16 PM
I think it will most likely be the clippers or nets

D-Leethal
04-22-2013, 01:23 PM

to answer OP, knicks

There is actually a gameplan that exists for the Grizzlies to take out the Clips if they can force them to play their half court game.

There is no gameplan that exists for the C's to take out the Knicks. None, nada, zilch. If there was, they would have won last game while JR and Melo were both off and our shooters couldn't shake free. Except our defense is better than theirs too. We win this fight whether its a standup slugfest or a ground war. We have them beat everywhere.

todu82
04-22-2013, 01:28 PM
Nets in the East and Spurs in the West

xxplayerxx23
04-22-2013, 01:34 PM
Maybe the nets, don't see one in the west

Max.This
04-22-2013, 01:44 PM
knicks are just too deep for the Celtics. When Kevin Garnett goes out, there is absolutely no length out there. Its one shot and done, but at the same time the Nets looked really good out there. Deron Williams looks like a different player and I'm going to say Atlanta because they have some pieces dont count them out

NYKnickFanatic
04-22-2013, 01:48 PM

to answer OP, knicks

Pass whatever you're on please.

goingfor28
04-22-2013, 01:51 PM
There is actually a gameplan that exists for the Grizzlies to take out the Clips if they can force them to play their half court game.

There is no gameplan that exists for the C's to take out the Knicks. None, nada, zilch. If there was, they would have won last game while JR and Melo were both off and our shooters couldn't shake free. Except our defense is better than theirs too. We win this fight whether its a standup slugfest or a ground war. We have them beat everywhere.

worked really well for them game 1 didnt it? LA has heir number. plain and simple. 3-1 in the regular season too. last years series went 7 bc LA didnt have billups, and paul and blake griffin had nagging injuries. add the healthy bench they have this season. its a wrap

goingfor28
04-22-2013, 01:52 PM
Pass whatever you're on please.

they have nobody to contain chris paul, billups, crawford, bledsoe. and they just got their *** beat playing their own style of half court game. how can u expect anthing different?

NYKnickFanatic
04-22-2013, 01:56 PM
they have nobody to contain chris paul, billups, crawford, bledsoe. and they just got their *** beat playing their own style of half court game. how can u expect anthing different?

If you really think the Clippers are going to win in 5, you're crazy. I'm not saying they are going to lose, but the Grizzlies will make a series out of this.

D-Leethal
04-22-2013, 02:02 PM
worked really well for them game 1 didnt it? LA has heir number. plain and simple. 3-1 in the regular season too. last years series went 7 bc LA didnt have billups, and paul and blake griffin had nagging injuries. add the healthy bench they have this season. its a wrap

I honestly didn't see the first game so I'd have to check game 2 tonight to really get a sense. I was basically my opinion on last years series and basically the 'on paper' analysis.

maddBat
04-22-2013, 02:07 PM
i dont get it. every1s so down on the nets. saying we'll lose the series. and after winning game 1 the excuse it the bulls arent healthy. then y the F do u guys say the bulls r gona own us? smh. i guess dmf really made all of u haters

NYKnickFanatic
04-22-2013, 02:09 PM
i dont get it. every1s so down on the nets. saying we'll lose the series. and after winning game 1 the excuse it the bulls arent healthy. then y the F do u guys say the bulls r gona take it 2 us? smh. i guess dmf really made all of u haters

No one is saying you WILL lose the series. Just saying who is most likely to give it up.

Just look on the bright side, if the Nets win, you can come back to this thread and laugh at everyone who voted Nets. ;)

colinskik
04-22-2013, 02:21 PM

And the Knicks didn't play all that well, and still came away with the V.

After that first game, I'm confident the Knicks take the series in 5, tops.

ryang
04-22-2013, 02:26 PM
But who says you'll play better? Who says the celtics can play that well again. Who cares the Knicks are the better team. Just talking for the sake of bashing the Knicks to be honest.

BSplaya2121
04-22-2013, 02:28 PM
And the Knicks didn't play all that well, and still came away with the V.

After that first game, I'm confident the Knicks take the series in 5, tops.

The Celtics got exactly what they wanted in the 1st game, a physical, hard nosed game where the refs didnt blow the whistle. They needed that style of play to win this game, they got it and lost, so the odds the refs let that happen again are slim considering they will have different officials. This is why I think the Knicks will win tomorrow by 12-15 or so and get to the line a little more. I mean i do think the Celtics will take at least one at BG because its a tough place to play but in my opinion this was the one that the Celtics needed and didnt capitalize, therefore ..... Knicks in 5, no way they lose this series.

I Rock Shaqs
04-22-2013, 02:31 PM
Denver played one of their worst games of the season, didnt have a single player do well, and still won

it wont even be that close anymore, that was golden states one and only chance, especially with faried coming back

Yeah that Andre Miller scrub didn't do anything that game...

BALLER R
04-22-2013, 02:39 PM
Don't wanna start a new thread but along the lines of this one. which 3 teams will most likely sweep their series.

BALLER R
04-22-2013, 02:41 PM
The Celtics got exactly what they wanted in the 1st game, a physical, hard nosed game where the refs didnt blow the whistle. They needed that style of play to win this game, they got it and lost, so the odds the refs let that happen again are slim considering they will have different officials. This is why I think the Knicks will win tomorrow by 12-15 or so and get to the line a little more. I mean i do think the Celtics will take at least one at BG because its a tough place to play but in my opinion this was the one that the Celtics needed and didnt capitalize, therefore ..... Knicks in 5, no way they lose this series.

If the knicks start hitting 3's the series is over in 4.

Greet
04-22-2013, 02:42 PM
Celtics or Hawks.

On the Celtics: Doc Rivers is one of the best coaches at adjusting. He did it after losing Rondo, he did it after KG got injured. This team can stop the great Knicks offense. They have 3 stud defenders (Bradley, Lee, KG) and two good ones (Green, Pierce). They need Paul Pierce to come up big offensively, because their main problem is they have long stretches of just terrible offense/shot selections. They play tough defense, and make GOOD shots...they have the best shot to win.

On the Hawks: They bullied the Pacers downlow to start the game. They need to slow down the Pacers offense if they want to win. By slow down I mean stop the fast breaks, and don't let them get to the basket so easily. and theey MUST rebound better.

NYKnickFanatic
04-22-2013, 02:48 PM
Don't wanna start a new thread but along the lines of this one. which 3 teams will most likely sweep their series.

Definitely Miami. Possibly the Spurs and OKC.

knicksfan42
04-23-2013, 06:43 AM
Looks like Nets are probable.

Six-8-TheWizard
04-23-2013, 06:52 AM
Id say Nets easily, followed by Clippers, Hawks, Knicks

DenButsu
04-23-2013, 08:07 AM
Well, if the question meant which 1-0 team(s) would lose game 2, then I was wrong. I really thought Memphis would take it, and go on to take the series to 7 games (and possibly win it). But if they drop one of their next 2 home games, I doubt they'll survive the series. I had really thought it would be 2-2 after 4, with each team winning one on the oher's home court.

lol, please
04-23-2013, 01:13 PM
This. Denver and it's not close. Dubs aren't done yet.

JiffyMix88
04-23-2013, 01:15 PM
This. Denver and it's not close. Dubs aren't done yet.

David Lee is though which in my mind so are the Warriors