PDA

View Full Version : is kobe's injury a blessing in disguise for the lakers?

el hidalgo
04-21-2013, 04:03 PM
It's pretty common knowledge that the lakers struggled in the chemistry department this year. The just could never get it going. They had their most success when they ran the offense through the big men and went to hem early and often. With kobe out, it gives pau and howard a better chance to get going. Nash can hit the J's and distribute to the big men so they get going. Anybody think this might actually be better for the lakers? no doubt ball movement will be better, and i can see the chemistry of the team improving and them playing better.

Jenceman
04-21-2013, 04:07 PM
Have you seen how horrific their offense is?

Case closed.

Vinylman
04-21-2013, 04:12 PM
why PSD lets stupid **** like this stay open is laughable... the poll options alone show it is a bait/troll thread...

how about the mods do their jobs

still1ballin
04-21-2013, 04:14 PM
No

Jenceman
04-21-2013, 04:16 PM
Lol I didn't eve notice how bad the poll options were.

el hidalgo
04-21-2013, 04:18 PM
why PSD lets stupid **** like this stay open is laughable... the poll options alone show it is a bait/troll thread...

how about the mods do their jobs

having a different opinino makes me a troll? weve seen what steve nash can do with dominant big men. he will have the ball more, and so will the big men. not sure what is hard to understand about that. sorry i dont lick the dirt off of kobe's feet and worship the guy.

bucketss
04-21-2013, 04:23 PM
having a different opinino makes me a troll? weve seen what steve nash can do with dominant big men. he will have the ball more, and so will the big men. not sure what is hard to understand about that. sorry i dont lick the dirt off of kobe's feet and worship the guy.

gasol/dwight are happier, lol they can finally touch the ball!! but no.

ChitownBears22
04-21-2013, 04:31 PM
Yeah losing a top 5 player all time is always good.

bucketss
04-21-2013, 04:32 PM
lets not overate him now.

ManRam
04-21-2013, 04:35 PM
ugh...

no, regardless of his shortcomings, he still is far more valuable to his team when he's playing than when he's not. period. end of story.

and your poll options suck. people have every right to call this a troll thread.

el hidalgo
04-21-2013, 04:36 PM
Yeah losing a top 5 player all time is always good.

sorry, but i cant take the opinion of somebody who calls Kobe top 5 of all time seriously.

el hidalgo
04-21-2013, 04:41 PM
ugh...

no, regardless of his shortcomings, he still is far more valuable to his team when he's playing than when he's not. period. end of story.

and your poll options suck. people have every right to call this a troll thread.

i thought is was pretty universally known that kobe has a tendency to go into hero ball mode and stop ball movement. the main facilitator with kobe out is one of the best PG's of all time. I thought everybody would agree that ball movement would improve. feel free to edit that choice then mods.

ChitownBears22
04-21-2013, 04:44 PM
sorry, but i cant take the opinion of somebody who calls Kobe top 5 of all time seriously.

Who dominated 4th quarter after 4th quarter after the allstar break to even put them in Playoff position? It wasn't Pau or Dwight. And explain to me at this point in his career how is Kobe not top 5?

--23--
04-21-2013, 04:46 PM
Losing your franchise player to a career threaten injury is not a blessing.

ManRam
04-21-2013, 04:47 PM
i thought is was pretty universally known that kobe has a tendency to go into hero ball mode and stop ball movement. the main facilitator with kobe out is one of the best PG's of all time. I thought everybody would agree that ball movement would improve. feel free to edit that choice then mods.

hero ball sucks. kobe and hero ball fails far more often than not...but kobe isn't as selfish as he sometimes has been in the past. they need his offense, period. they have no slashing threat. they have no guard who can really put the defense on their heels and force double teams. nash is good and all, but it's in an entirely different way. the ball movement that frees up when he's gone, again, doesn't outweigh the importance he plays offensively. defenses don't have to worry as much with him not out there...even if the ball is moving a bit better.

and it's not like he's been as efficient as he has in recent years either. ball-hogging is much worse when you aren't scoring efficiently. kobe is, posting a TS% of 57% and an eFG% north of 50.

defensively blake is superior, but it's by such a tiny and probably insignificant margin.

the avenger
04-21-2013, 05:06 PM
Totally a blessing!!!

This coming from a Suns fan

ManRam
04-21-2013, 05:09 PM
this all hinges on the idea that the lakers offense is terrible with kobe and that's just not true at all. keeping that in mind, there's no way subtracting him actually helps out the offense...especially not when they don't have a perimeter scorer at all to even attempt to replace him.

mngopher35
04-21-2013, 05:13 PM
The only thing that looks better about this team is their defense. Ya they may spread the ball around more but it hasn't equaled a more efficient offense. What it has done is appeared to give some of them extra motivation to play defense, but that is just my opinion.

el hidalgo
04-21-2013, 05:20 PM
Who dominated 4th quarter after 4th quarter after the allstar break to even put them in Playoff position? It wasn't Pau or Dwight. And explain to me at this point in his career how is Kobe not top 5?
crap like this is how the legend of kobe's "clutchness" keeps spreading like wildfire. MJ, wilt, kareem, magic, shaq are all easily better.

pedrofan45
04-21-2013, 05:27 PM
crap like this is how the legend of kobe's "clutchness" keeps spreading like wildfire. MJ, wilt, kareem, magic, shaq are all easily better.

I'd even put Bird ahead of Kobe.

RaiderLakersA's
04-21-2013, 05:35 PM
Nothing good can come from this poll/thread.

Purple_n_Gold
04-21-2013, 05:48 PM
Why do you have a pic of him as your avatar troll?

Purple_n_Gold
04-21-2013, 05:51 PM
Oh that's right because you are a troll and that's how you get attention.

ManRam
04-21-2013, 05:59 PM
what a blessing that was today!

79 points! boy, what a well-oiled machine without him.

Purple_n_Gold
04-21-2013, 06:02 PM
A blessing for the spurs that's for sure.

pedrofan45
04-21-2013, 06:08 PM
Obviously there's no way Kobe being out can help the Lakers more than it hurts them. But, when Kobe plays hero ball the Lakers don't play as well either. If Kobe was playing and he worried more about passing than scoring, the Lakers would have a big chance of coming out of the West.

bucketss
04-21-2013, 06:09 PM

don't for get his unmatched will to win lmao!!

TeamSeattle
04-21-2013, 06:09 PM
I never understood the saying. There is no such thing as a blessing in disguise, you play to win.

BKdoubleStacker
04-21-2013, 06:12 PM
Obvious troll thread by obvious troll

Hawkeye15
04-21-2013, 06:15 PM
This isn't creating anything positive. The Lakers would be well out of the playoffs if not for Kobe this year.