PDA

View Full Version : David Lee done for the season

COOLbeans
04-21-2013, 02:20 PM
http://prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=245501

lol, please
04-21-2013, 02:43 PM
Oh no. I feared the worst and it has become reality. Lee is done, which means barring a miracle, the Dubs are done. :crying: This really sucks.

Leandres_sf
Double post, iPhone screwing up.

Leandres_sf
Big loss. This would have been a tough series with Lee, I can't imagine it without him.

TrueFan420
04-21-2013, 03:08 PM
**** that's all she wrote playoffs are just about over

Monta is beast
04-21-2013, 03:10 PM
4-1 nuggets

sfattahian
04-21-2013, 03:23 PM
I can't believe we lost the game, I thought we were a much better team. The Nuggets looked completely discombobulated. If we can stop a 37 year old, they have no go-to option on offense down the stretch. I think we'll be fine, and I predict we'll win the series in 6 games.

sfattahian
04-21-2013, 03:24 PM
we'll win game 2 and we won't lose at home.

sfattahian
04-21-2013, 03:25 PM
Bogut looked so good I'm not worried, and we get better defensively by subtracting Lee. I'm not worried about our offense.

asandhu23
04-21-2013, 03:28 PM
Exactly. Calm the **** down. I believe in Carl Landry.

steveweve
04-21-2013, 03:48 PM
Sorry guys, this really does suck.. But lets look at the positives from game 1, Bogut looked ****ing great.. Also, when Lee injured his hip and came out, that is when we went on a big run. So thats a great sign, also we outplayed the Nuggets in the first half when Curry shooting like 2-11 or something like that.. I believe we can go undefeated @ home, it is possible.. But we need next game bad. #staypositive

winwarriorslose
04-21-2013, 03:49 PM
David Lee's game doesn't work in the playoffs anyway. Been saying it all year, maybe not on here to you guys, but I've been saying it ever since he got blocked in those three possessions to start the game against OKC a few months back. Sure we lose a solid rebounder, but a lot of his boards just come off easy shots that go right to him so that stat is inflated for him because others want to get out and run the break off a missed shot. He's too finesse for the playoffs because all of his spinning tough *** shots aren't going to go in against teams in playoff mode. Sorry Lee, but you weren't going to cut it anyway.

daWarriorz21
04-21-2013, 04:46 PM
seriously tho i think we should do fine without him. Yes we will miss his double doubles but im pretty sure Bogut and Landry are ready for this. Bogut knows he has to step up since Lee was the whole season while he was out and Landry has a lot of post season experience. We will shoot over 50% in game 2 and win all home games. Warriors in 6

likemystylez
04-21-2013, 05:03 PM
David Lee's game doesn't work in the playoffs anyway. Been saying it all year, maybe not on here to you guys, but I've been saying it ever since he got blocked in those three possessions to start the game against OKC a few months back. Sure we lose a solid rebounder, but a lot of his boards just come off easy shots that go right to him so that stat is inflated for him because others want to get out and run the break off a missed shot. He's too finesse for the playoffs because all of his spinning tough *** shots aren't going to go in against teams in playoff mode. Sorry Lee, but you weren't going to cut it anyway.

yeah, even if lee didnt score on all of his inside shots.... Being able to play inside out with him and having his playmaking ability at the 4 spot was important esp if they are forcing the ball out of currys hands. landry is a good bench player- but im not sure hes gonna cut it when faried is attacking the boards. Now we have to hope the nuggets have a few big injuries to key players.

MackShock
04-21-2013, 05:03 PM
Calm down. Just hope we find a way to implement beans.

likemystylez
04-21-2013, 05:05 PM
seriously tho i think we should do fine without him. Yes we will miss his double doubles but im pretty sure Bogut and Landry are ready for this. Bogut knows he has to step up since Lee was the whole season while he was out and Landry has a lot of post season experience. We will shoot over 50% in game 2 and win all home games. Warriors in 6

you're forgetting that it doesnt take much at all for bogut to sit out 2 or 3 games. I mean- if he feels any less than 100%... he has no problem sitting himself for 2-3 months (as he did earlier this season). I dont even know what happened in the thunder game..... but it was enough for him to be sitting 3 games afterwards.

likemystylez
04-21-2013, 05:11 PM

wanna put some money on that? Id pay 500 bucks to see the warriors win this series? Lets see if you really believe that

lol, please
04-21-2013, 07:04 PM
I agree it's over, but to say Lee's game isn't good for the playoffs is laughable. If he gets going with his consistency in a 7 game series he is a force.

COOLbeans
04-21-2013, 07:33 PM
Lee is a huge loss but we can still win this series. Curry needs to have some freak games for us. Draymond Greens gotta be solid..

We're not winning the championship and winning in the 2nd round is unlikely. But I think if we can play well this series our guys will be so much better going forward and anything could happen, we have some depth

Guppyfighter
04-21-2013, 07:54 PM
Denver's defense inside is elite. We needed to stop jacking up all those lay ups. We need to live on the perimeter.

MackShock
04-21-2013, 08:05 PM
yeah, let's shoot even more jumpers, that'll work

Guppyfighter
04-21-2013, 08:12 PM
yeah, let's shoot even more jumpers, that'll work

Given the numbers, yes. Shooting jumpers here makes sense. Nuggets are 25th in jump shot defense and number 2 in paint defense.

Lee being 4/15 is partly random chance and partly great defense. The Nuggets bait you inside and they use their athleticism to stop you from scoring.

Klay going off, was because of the double on Curry and the already bad perimeter defense.

BKLYNpigeon
04-21-2013, 08:28 PM
oh well. we should be used to injuries by now.

I hope the Nuggets dont play Faried at all this series. or else its over.

ESaady
04-21-2013, 08:56 PM
:(

lol, please
04-21-2013, 10:13 PM
:crying:

MackShock
04-21-2013, 10:15 PM
yeah, given the numbers, it makes sense. but its not going to work.

Guppyfighter
04-21-2013, 10:25 PM
yeah, given the numbers, it makes sense. but its not going to work.

Forcing the issue inside against an elite team at defending the paint makes a lot less sense than shooting. Jumpshots are the only chance we have. Hell, they are bad at defending it. Not taking jump shots because of preconceived notions about them is silly.

lol, please
04-21-2013, 10:29 PM
Forcing the issue inside against an elite team at defending the paint makes a lot less sense than shooting. Jumpshots are the only chance we have. Hell, they are bad at defending it. Not taking jump shots because of preconceived notions about them is silly.

Tell him Guppy! :clap:

MackShock
04-21-2013, 10:49 PM
yep theyll continue shooting because they cant pound it inside. and they cant shoot forever because you need a balance of inside outside.

what im understanding is, if we pound it inside, were doomed. if we shoot jumpers (our only choice) were still doomed.

Guppyfighter
04-21-2013, 10:55 PM
yep theyll continue shooting because they cant pound it inside. and they cant shoot forever because you need a balance of inside outside.

what im understanding is, if we pound it inside, were doomed. if we shoot jumpers (our only choice) were still doomed.

That's not true at all. If a team is 25th in defending the three and 5th in defending the rim, you want to shoot the three.

Teams attack the rim against the Nuggets the second most in the entire league. Their defensive strategy is to get teams to drive in. You are only doing what they want you to do if you don't shoot the jump shot. They don't want you to shoot it, they are bad at defending it.

You can't push a square into a circle, mackshock. Your strategy of "balancing the offense" would get us blown out. You need to attack their weakness. Their weakness is three point bombs.

Out of all the bad shots, the three is the best bad shot.

40 percent on threes is the same as 60 percent on two's. We'd finish probably around 47 percent of our paint shots vs the Nuggets and about 42 percent of our threes vs the Nuggets.

42/100 = 126
47/100 = 94

If you want to lose, you don't take jumpshots or balance the offense.

Taking jumpshots don't make you doomed. Giving the ball to Lee (for this series exclusively) would have doomed us.

MackShock
04-21-2013, 10:57 PM
be that as it may, and i agree with what you said. however, were not going to win by just bombing threes the whole game. even if it's our best chance at winning. simple as that.

COOLbeans
04-21-2013, 11:09 PM
Bomb 3s and play elite defense.

BKLYNpigeon
04-21-2013, 11:15 PM
its not that big of a blow as you may think.

Denver plays Chandler or Iggy at the 4. we can get Green or Barnes to cover the minutes.

MackShock
04-21-2013, 11:16 PM
Our defense might be better without lee

Guppyfighter
04-21-2013, 11:40 PM

lol That's not a question. It will definitely be better without Lee.

likemystylez
04-21-2013, 11:43 PM

maybe a little bit, but our rebounding will get a lot worse, and our offense will drop off. Also- we wont have landry on the bench.

likemystylez
04-21-2013, 11:44 PM
its not that big of a blow as you may think.

Denver plays Chandler or Iggy at the 4. we can get Green or Barnes to cover the minutes.

has it been reported that Faried is out for the season? or do you even follow the NBA? are you aware he is on the nuggets roster and usually a starter?

Guppyfighter
04-21-2013, 11:47 PM
maybe a little bit, but our rebounding will get a lot worse, and our offense will drop off. Also- we wont have landry on the bench.

Lee is a great rebounder, but we are actually better at rebounding with him on the floor. Not a knock on him, just our team is really good at rebounding all the all time.

I think the biggest problem though is after Landry. Landry can't play 48 minutes, not sure who will get the minutes at the four.

MackShock
04-22-2013, 12:47 AM
I'd go defensive and put Ezeli

Chromehounds
04-22-2013, 12:46 PM

David Lee game doesn't work in the playoff? Better check yourself. If you don't game plan for a 20 - 10 guy then who? Now with Lee gone they can double down on Curry and Klay. Tough loss on both Lee and Game 1. If Faried is not 100% Landry should be able to pump fake that guy to the bench. Still have hope the W's will win this series. Keep the Defense up!!!!

Nycbball08
04-22-2013, 05:17 PM
Sorry to see DLee go out like that..

Leandres_sf
04-24-2013, 12:41 AM

I think the defense will be quite a bit better. While Lee pulls down a ton of rebounds, I think everyone will be capable of stepping up. Same thing goes for Landry no longer coming off the bench, everyone needs to step up.

MackShock
05-03-2013, 09:28 PM

wanna put some money on that? Id pay 500 bucks to see the warriors win this series? Lets see if you really believe that

had to bring this up..

lol, please
05-04-2013, 04:22 AM
I can't believe he suited up. :faint:

bigmac8675
05-04-2013, 05:03 AM
I can't believe he suited up. :faint:

Believe it... and this thread is nothing but a lie!!!!!!!!!

lol, please
05-04-2013, 02:03 PM
We Believe?

Leandres_sf
05-04-2013, 06:17 PM
We Believe?

We Be-LEE-eve!

lol, please
05-04-2013, 07:01 PM
We Be-LEE-eve!

:clap: