PDA

View Full Version : Line of the Year: 2.0

JasonJohnHorn
04-19-2013, 10:01 PM
Ok... we seem to have a problem with the "Line of the Year". We have a tie right now between Kobe and Noah. We also have a number of people who are upset that the voters on PSD didn't allow the best lines from Curry, LBJ and Harden up there. So here is what we will do. We will eliminate all the guys from the previous poll that weren't even in the contest which leaves Kobe and Noah (27 votes a piece).

Feb. 28th Noah: 23 points (8/12-7/9), 21 rebounds, 1 assists, 3 steals, 11 blocks, 3 TO, 1 PF
April 10th Kobe: 47 points (14/27-18/18), 8 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals, 4 blocks, 1 TO, 4 PF

I will also include the lines people were upset were absent:
Feb. 27: Curry: 54 points (18/28-7/7) 6 rebounds, 7 assists, 3 steals, 4 TO, 3 PF
Feb. 26: LBJ: 40 points (14/23-11/12) 8 rebounds, 16 assists, 2 steals, 1 block, 2 TO, 1PF
Feb: 20th: Harden: 46 points (14/19-11/12) 7 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals, 1 block, 2 TO, 2 PF

You will notice four of the five options are from the month of February. PSD voters initially voted Noah in for Line of the Month in February, there by eliminating Curry, LBJ and Harden from contention for their amazing performances. But... to satisfy all parties involved, and get this tie between Kobe and Noah broken, here we go....

I will also allow for multiple votes on this one. If you think two guys are equal, vote for two. If you feel one guys clearly deserves it, vote for one. Please do not vote for everybody... last thing we need is a five-way tie for this.

DreamShaker
04-19-2013, 11:26 PM
Lbj.

Swashcuff
04-21-2013, 02:03 AM
So after all the bickering Noah still wins? :laugh2:

Baller1
04-21-2013, 02:15 AM
Curry.

Ebbs
04-21-2013, 02:32 AM
Steph

JasonJohnHorn
04-21-2013, 12:02 PM
So after all the bickering Noah still wins? :laugh2:

YES!!!!! lol

ManRam
04-21-2013, 12:49 PM
the addition of lebron just guarantees that kobe can't win it...because there is nothing about kobe's line that is better than lebron's.

it's between curry, lebron and noah.

i voted for lebron and noah.

Hawkeye15
04-21-2013, 01:08 PM
I voted for Bron, but have no problem with Noah winning. That is a beast line

Iggz53
04-21-2013, 02:58 PM
the addition of lebron just guarantees that kobe can't win it...because there is nothing about kobe's line that is better than lebron's.

Sure, if by "line" you mean assists, because Kobe bested him in every other statistic here, including scoring efficiency.

alexander_37
04-22-2013, 06:31 AM
How could you sat Curry when he took by far the most shots and had the most turnovers. Anyone who votes Curry just proves you only look at point totals.

Noah

Harden
LBJ

LBJ6
04-22-2013, 07:00 AM
Lebron

WARRIORS@GR
04-22-2013, 07:02 AM
How could you sat Curry when he took by far the most shots and had the most turnovers. Anyone who votes Curry just proves you only look at point totals.

Noah

Harden
LBJHe did not take by far the most shots.
And 54/6/7/3 on 28 shots is not 'only point totals'.
Try again.

WARRIORS@GR
04-22-2013, 07:21 AM
And just to make it more clear,nobody has ever had 54/6/7 on less than 28 shots.

alexander_37
04-22-2013, 07:34 AM
He did not take by far the most shots.
And 54/6/7/3 on 28 shots is not 'only point totals'.
Try again.

Harden had 46 on 19 (2.4 pps), Lebron had 1.9 pps , Curry 1.7.

Harden and Lebron had half the turnovers and Lebron had 16 assists.

Both more efficient, both had more points per shot, and both had as many assists/boards or more.

Not to mention Curry's was a loss to the Knicks, Harden was a win over the Thunder, and Lebrons was vs. the Kings.

WARRIORS@GR
04-22-2013, 07:55 AM
You said in your first post that whoever votes Curry is only looking at point totals.
I proved you wrong.
54/6/7 on 18/28 and only 7 FTA simply is not 'only point totals'.

alexander_37
04-22-2013, 08:07 AM
You said in your first post that whoever votes Curry is only looking at point totals.
I proved you wrong.
54/6/7 on 18/28 and only 7 FTA simply is not 'only point totals'.

Yes it is because that is the only thing he has that sets him apart. Everyone else is better in all areas. Hence you only look at point totals if you voted for him.

He did it in a loss, less efficiently, with equal or lesser stats in other categories. Points is the only reason you could vote for him.

Swashcuff
04-22-2013, 08:21 AM

Noah

Harden
LBJ

What you fail to realize is that Curry had by far the most impressive shooting performance. He'll he almost broke the NBA record for most threes in a game in that encounter.

Classic case of a poster trying his damn hardest to make a case for his player when he really doesn't have one. FGA and TOs as your reasoning? That's comedic TBH.

WARRIORS@GR
04-22-2013, 08:23 AM
Yes it is because that is the only thing he has that sets him apart. Everyone else is better in all areas. Hence you only look at point totals if you voted for him.

He did it in a loss, less efficiently, with equal or lesser stats in other categories. Points is the only reason you could vote for him.I didn't compare it to the other performance.I commented on you saying it's just a high scoring game.

Again,its an ELITE all around performance(especially for a PG) with very good shooting (64%).

alexander_37
04-22-2013, 08:23 AM
What you fail to realize is that Curry had by far the most impressive shooting performance. He'll he almost broke the NBA record for most threes in a game in that encounter.

Classic case of a poster trying his damn hardest to make a case for his player when he really doesn't have one. FGA and TOs as your reasoning? That's comedic TBH.

So efficiency, turnovers, and level of competition don't matter? No THAT'S comedic.

alexander_37
04-22-2013, 08:24 AM
I didn't compare it to the other performance.I commented on you saying it's just a high scoring game.

Again,its an ELITE all around performance(especially for a PG) with very good shooting (64%).

Never said it wasn't, it just isn't as good as the other ones....

Swashcuff
04-22-2013, 08:27 AM
Both ESPN and BasketaballReference has Curry's game as the best statistical game of the season, he absolutely deserves to be at top of the discussion (even though Noah has this in the bag IMO) and anyone dismissing that either has an agenda or isn't very smart.

alexander_37
04-22-2013, 08:32 AM
Both ESPN and BasketaballReference has Curry's game as the best statistical game of the season, he absolutely deserves to be at top of the discussion (even though Noah has this in the bag IMO) and anyone dismissing that either has an agenda or isn't very smart.

Again, people dismissing efficiency for volume. This is why people call Melo a "superstar".

Swashcuff
04-22-2013, 08:32 AM
So efficiency, turnovers, and level of competition don't matter? No THAT'S comedic.

Curry was EXTREMELY efficient the difference between him and Harden is negligible. He had a greater ast% and didn't have much worse of a TOV%. You're just trying to argue for your guy and doing a HORRIBLE job at that.

Curry played against a Knicks team who had one of the best PG defenses in the NBA. LeBron was less efficient than Curry in a game against the Kings that went to 2 overtimes. What is your point? NONE. Just trying to be a homer.

Either way Noah's was the most impressive.

Swashcuff
04-22-2013, 08:40 AM
Again, people dismissing efficiency for volume. This is why people call Melo a "superstar".

Actually they are not and if you knew anything about statistics you'd know this.

alexander_37
04-22-2013, 08:41 AM
Curry was EXTREMELY efficient the difference between him and Harden is negligible. He had a greater ast% and didn't have much worse of a TOV%. You're just trying to argue for your guy and doing a HORRIBLE job at that.

Curry played against a Knicks team who had one of the best PG defenses in the NBA. LeBron was less efficient than Curry in a game against the Kings that went to 2 overtimes. What is your point? NONE. Just trying to be a homer.

Either way Noah's was the most impressive.

Yeah just go around calling people homers for arguing for superior stats :rolleyes: 4 turnovers is double 2 turnovers. 2.5 points per shot > 1.7 points per shot. I am too homer.

Swashcuff
04-22-2013, 08:45 AM
Yeah just go around calling people homers for arguing for superior stats :rolleyes: 4 turnovers is double 2 turnovers. 2.5 points per shot > 1.7 points per shot. I am too homer.

Pps is weak. That's actually points per registered FGAs. The elite measure for scoring efficiency is True Shooting Percentage almost no one recognises points per shot but you clearly have an agenda so you'd use it in this scenario. You don't understand stats and how players go about getting them because if you were you won't be making such a weak argument.

ModernDaySavage
04-22-2013, 08:46 AM
I voted LBJ and Noah. Pretty clear cut for me.

alexander_37
04-22-2013, 08:53 AM
Pps is weak. That's actually points per registered FGAs. The elite measure for scoring efficiency is True Shooting Percentage almost no one recognises points per shot but you clearly have an agenda so you'd use it in this scenario. You don't understand stats and how players go about getting them because if you were you won't be making such a weak argument.

Even then he still has a higher TS% ....

WARRIORS@GR
04-22-2013, 08:55 AM
4 turnovers is double 2 turnovers.Oh really?what an argument..2 turnovers is also double 1 turnover.Would you take that as a deciding stat too?imfao

alexander_37
04-22-2013, 08:58 AM
Oh really?what an argument..2 turnovers is also double 1 turnover.Would you take that as a deciding stat too?imfao

Ok how about an 11.4% turnover rate?

Swashcuff
04-22-2013, 09:05 AM
Even then he still has a higher TS% ....

And Curry had a vastly superior Ast% despite taking 9 more FGAs. Your idea that both BBRef and ESPN is wrong without even attempting to understand their formulas is what makes it evident that you're not even attempting to accept that Curry's performance could have been anywhere near as impressive. In your world the masses who actually know what they are talking about is wrong and you're the only on that's right. :pity:

WARRIORS@GR
04-22-2013, 09:12 AM
Ok how about an 11.4% turnover rate?11.4 preety much equals to 7.6 when you involve a 10%+ higher USG%

alexander_37
04-22-2013, 09:14 AM
11.4 equals to 7.6 when you involve a 10%+ higher USG%

Show me the math on that one big guy.

alexander_37
04-22-2013, 09:14 AM
And Curry had a vastly superior Ast% despite taking 9 more FGAs. Your idea that both BBRef and ESPN is wrong without even attempting to understand their formulas is what makes it evident that you're not even attempting to accept that Curry's performance could have been anywhere near as impressive. In your world the masses who actually know what they are talking about is wrong and you're the only on that's right. :pity:

I never said it isn't near, I never discredited it, I just had it 4th :shrug: but keep on assuming stuff.

WARRIORS@GR
04-22-2013, 09:21 AM
Show me the math on that one big guy.Math?It's common sense,when you have a higher USG it's easier to get TO's.

WARRIORS@GR
04-22-2013, 09:23 AM
I never said it isn't near, I never discredited it, I just had it 4th :shrug: but keep on assuming stuff.
That's exactly what you did,by saying whoever votes Curry doesn't measure right.

Swashcuff
04-22-2013, 09:24 AM

You never said you had it 4th you said anyone who voted for him only looks at points totals and that ESPN and BBRef ignores efficiency. Know what's funny though had the script been flipped and Harden had Steph's performance you'd be singing a completely different tune. You certainly discredited his performance.

alexander_37
04-22-2013, 12:47 PM
You never said you had it 4th you said anyone who voted for him only looks at points totals and that ESPN and BBRef ignores efficiency. Know what's funny though had the script been flipped and Harden had Steph's performance you'd be singing a completely different tune. You certainly discredited his performance.

No, I wouldn't. Give me efficiency and a win against a tougher opponent any day.

Swashcuff
04-22-2013, 01:24 PM
No, I wouldn't. Give me efficiency and a win against a tougher opponent any day.

What on earth does a win have to do in a thread about stat lines? Give you the player on your favourite team any day. You're being nothing but a homer.