PDA

View Full Version : FIRST TAKE: This Might Be One Of The Easiest Cake Walks To A Title We Have Ever Seen

Pages : [1] 2

amos1er
04-19-2013, 06:15 PM
Just listening to First Take and they were talking about what an easy cake walk it's going to be for the Heat this year. The Heat's two toughest match ups are playing each other in the first round (Boston and NY) and OKC is most likely coming out of the west and will likely get swept in the finals as they are not nearly as strong as they were last year with Harden. Not only is OKC not as strong, the Heat are much better with the additions of Allen and Lewis. The Heat will face zero competition in the east and only to play either NY or Boston instead of both. This is seriously a joke and the NBA is not even fun to watch ever since "The Decision". The Heat are just to unfairly stacked. Dan Gilbert was concerned about 29 teams becoming the Washington Generals, well guess what, that already happened back in 2011 when this disgrace was formed. Not only are the Heat so far above the rest of the league in talent, they play in one of the weakest conferences in NBA history. The playoffs would be a lot more fun to watch if the east wasn't such a damn joke and the Heat actually had some competition this year. At least last year, Bosh was injured so it was a little more exciting when the Heat played the Celtics in the ECF. Now, this years playoffs are set to be a real sleeper. B-O-R-I-N-G!

Here is the podcast: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=9189959 Go to the 1:07:30 mark where they start talking about how the Heat are taking the fun out of the NBA similar to whats happening with the NCAA Tournament.

Chronz
04-19-2013, 06:16 PM
OKC not as strong?

bucketss
04-19-2013, 06:19 PM
do you get a extra ring for playing in a tougher conf.?

ManRam
04-19-2013, 06:19 PM
amos1er, substitute "me" with "the heat" and this is your theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1Yt0xJKDY8

yes, the east is easy. it's been this easy before though before. look at lebron's first trip to the finals. the 76ers run to the finals. NJ. etc. etc. etc.

whoever the get in the finals will ruin that "cake walk" theory though

DR_1
04-19-2013, 06:20 PM
:laugh: First Take, I treat that show as a comedy rather than something serious. They just say totally out-there stuff to get people mad

justinnum1
04-19-2013, 06:21 PM
East is sooooooooooo easy. It's really a ****ing joke the gap between miami and everyone else in the east is.
:dance:

bucketss
04-19-2013, 06:21 PM
Laker fans are insanely jealous of the heat lol *waits for laker fan to bring up the past*

Chronz
04-19-2013, 06:22 PM
Rank the easiest cake walks, then I can take this thread semi seriously.

beasted86
04-19-2013, 06:25 PM
First it was: big 3? More like Big 2.
Then it was: 3 all-stars, sure, and the rest are scrub d-league players and washed up vets.
Now it is: The Dream Team vs. The Washington Generals.

I abso-fking-lutely love it. Hate me, hate all HEAT fans if you want, but listen to you clowns try and rationalize your hatred into reasons Miami is winning has become entertaining for me.

Anyway, I disagree. This Miami team might walk through the 1st two rounds, but I know they know how tough things will get in the ECF and Finals. I hope they stop this nonsense of trying to come back in the 3rd and 4th quarter and play 48 minutes of defense or they will not win a title.

amos1er
04-19-2013, 06:27 PM
I'm saying that it's an easy cake walk to not only the finals, but to the title. OKC has no chance...they lost in five last year with HCA and Harden, now they don't have HCA and the Heat got better. There is not only no competition for them in the east, the west as well, though it would be more fun to see them in the west than in the east. The rating are going to be dreadful I'm sure. It's going to be like watching a varsity team beat up on a JV squad.

Chronz
04-19-2013, 06:28 PM
Did you hate the 01 run by LA, or the bulls era?

kingkenny01
04-19-2013, 06:30 PM
u doubting the bucks bro?? lol

ManRam
04-19-2013, 06:33 PM
I'm saying that it's an easy cake walk to not only the finals, but to the title. OKC has no chance...they lost in five last year with HCA and Harden, now they don't have HCA and the Heat got better. There is not only no competition for them in the east, the west as well, though it would be more fun to see them in the west than in the east. The rating are going to be dreadful I'm sure. It's going to be like watching a varsity team beat up on a JV squad.

well, maybe the Heat are just THAT good :shrug:

it's not like there's a lack of good players or even good teams. if OKC has no chance, well, that's less of an indictment on OKC than it is a testament to how good you perceive Miami to be.

there is little/no competition to them...for sure. injuries have decimated the heat. but still, they're pretty darn good, and you won't convince me that they don't stack up great against recent Finals winning teams.

and it's not like they didn't make slight work of OKC even w/ Harden.

we'll see about the ratings. the heat are ratings magnets.

yfern328
04-19-2013, 06:37 PM
This is exactly what I want to see. I want a team like Miami and its fans to get cocky and start thinking that everything is a free ride. Then I want a team like Chicago, NY, or OKC to wipe the smile off their faces.

NYKINFL
04-19-2013, 06:40 PM
The only way it would be a cake walk for the heat is if the refs make it that way.

amos1er
04-19-2013, 06:44 PM
Rank the easiest cake walks, then I can take this thread semi seriously.

Here is my rank for easiest cake walks to an NBA title:

1. 2013 Miami Heat

The burden of proof is on anyone who doubts this. Please feel free to prove otherwise.

I am only repeating what First Take said...its not like I am some lone quack making this **** up.

amos1er
04-19-2013, 06:46 PM
well, maybe the Heat are just THAT good :shrug:

it's not like there's a lack of good players or even good teams. if OKC has no chance, well, that's less of an indictment on OKC than it is a testament to how good you perceive Miami to be.

there is little/no competition to them...for sure. injuries have decimated the heat. but still, they're pretty darn good, and you won't convince me that they don't stack up great against recent Finals winning teams.

and it's not like they didn't make slight work of OKC even w/ Harden.

we'll see about the ratings. the heat are ratings magnets.

OKC had harden and HCA last year and still lost in 5.

This year they lost Harden and don't have HCA. In addition the Heat got even stronger by signing Allen and Lewis.

Thats why the finals are going to be a joke.

ThunderousDemon
04-19-2013, 06:47 PM
Laker fans are insanely jealous of the heat lol *waits for laker fan to bring up the past*

Jodie "Get Bucketss" Meeks

ManRam
04-19-2013, 06:50 PM

This year they lost Harden and don't have HCA. In addition the Heat got even stronger by signing Allen and Lewis.

you're dodging the question though.

maybe it's more of the heat being that good, and less of the teams out west being that bad.

how does miami stack up against recent championship teams (dallas, boston, lal etc.)? i say "great"

LAKobeBryant
04-19-2013, 06:51 PM
East is sooooooooooo easy. It's really a ****ing joke the gap between miami and everyone else in the east is.

totally agree.......

amos1er
04-19-2013, 06:51 PM

At least those games were entertaining. LA didn't have HCA in the WCF, nor were they the favorites in that series. The Spurs were the favorites and at least had a fighting chance to beat them unlike anyone who faces the Heat this year.

The Bulls had some cake walks sure, but none nearly as easy as this and Jordan never had a team nearly this stacked.

TheNumber37
04-19-2013, 06:52 PM
imagine if okc kept Jeff green and harden...

Knicks will surprise ppl and the bulls or nets are gonna give the heat a serious run...
nets matchup really well.

amos1er
04-19-2013, 06:55 PM
you're dodging the question though.

maybe it's more of the heat being that good, and less of the teams out west being that bad.

how does miami stack up against recent championship teams (dallas, boston, lal etc.)? i say "great"

Yes, I agree it also about the Heat being that good. I though I mentioned that in my OP. They are the most stacked team in NBA history IMO. Dallas had to got through the Lakers and the Heat W/O HCA in 2011. Boston had to beat a great Laker team back in 2008. Lakers had to go through the western conference both times they won the title as well has having to beat Boston in the finals in 2010. Miami is a great team of course, its just sad that there isn't anyone nearly on their level to make this years playoffs interesting at all. From the standpoint of an NBA fan, this really sucks and will be very boring. :(

nastynice
04-19-2013, 06:56 PM
Just listening to First Take and they were talking about what an easy cake walk it's going to be for the Heat this year. The Heat's two toughest match ups are playing each other in the first round (Boston and NY) and OKC is most likely coming out of the west and will likely get swept in the finals as they are not nearly as strong as they were last year with Harden. Not only is OKC not as strong, the Heat are much better with the additions of Allen and Lewis. The Heat will face zero competition in the east and only to play either NY or Boston instead of both. This is seriously a joke and the NBA is not even fun to watch ever since "The Decision". The Heat are just to unfairly stacked. Dan Gilbert was concerned about 29 teams becoming the Washington Generals, well guess what, that already happened back in 2011 when this disgrace was formed. Not only are the Heat so far above the rest of the league in talent, they play in one of the weakest conferences in NBA history. The playoffs would be a lot more fun to watch if the east wasn't such a damn joke and the Heat actually had some competition this year. At least last year, Bosh was injured so it was a little more exciting when the Heat played the Celtics in the ECF. Now, this years playoffs are set to be a real sleeper. B-O-R-I-N-G!

Here is the podcast: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=9189959 Go to the 1:07:30 mark where they start talking about how the Heat are taking the fun out of the NBA similar to whats happening with the NCAA Tournament.

This is pretty much what it comes down to, they're just too freakin good. Three superstars taking paycuts to play with each other, plus now they built a legit team around them. haha, that's why I was rooting against miami so hard vs dallas, cuz I knew once they get on track they're gonna reel off like 5-6 in a row easily. Who the hell is gonna beat them in the next couple years? Its definitely taken some drama out of bball, but whatever, what can you do.

numba1CHANGsta
04-19-2013, 06:56 PM
If Heat dont win, their season will be tainted and become the biggest disappointment in NBA history

amos1er
04-19-2013, 06:57 PM
OKC not as strong?

ThunderousDemon
04-19-2013, 06:59 PM

Brooklyn!!

Brooklyn!!

NFLNBA
Wish Stern didnt veto THE trade.

Cp3, Kobe, Howard vs Wade, Lebron, Bosh would have been fun and atleast they would have been a actual competition for them

ManRam
Yes, I agree it also about the Heat being that good. I though I mentioned that in my OP. They are the most stacked team in NBA history IMO. Dallas had to got through the Lakers and the Heat W/O HCA in 2011. Boston had to beat a great Laker team back in 2008. Lakers had to go through the western conference both times they won the title as well has having to beat Boston in the finals in 2010. Miami is a great team of course, its just sad that there isn't anyone nearly on their level to make this years playoffs interesting at all. From the standpoint of an NBA fan, this really sucks and will be very boring. :(

fair enough.

the playoffs last year were great though. i don't think the heat will go 4-4-4 or anything close to that. have some faith. there will be a lot of great series!

amos1er
04-19-2013, 07:00 PM
This is pretty much what it comes down to, they're just too freakin good. Three superstars taking paycuts to play with each other, plus now they built a legit team around them. haha, that's why I was rooting against miami so hard vs dallas, cuz I knew once they get on track they're gonna reel off like 5-6 in a row easily. Who the hell is gonna beat them in the next couple years? Its definitely taken some drama out of bball, but whatever, what can you do.

Yes, and thats exactly why there should be an asterisk next to their titles. Especially in 2012 because not only did they have the best team by far, they needed a ton of help from the refs just to get past Boston in the ECF.

Max.This
04-19-2013, 07:01 PM
Root for your team like everyone else and realize that at the end of the day your life and everyone elses lives will move on regardless of who wins. If heat wins who cares, except some of the clowns that run around acting like their med students or drunk on forums . I'm rooting for my team

CubsBullsBucs
04-19-2013, 07:02 PM
This is exactly what I want to see. I want a team like Miami and its fans to get cocky and start thinking that everything is a free ride. Then I want a team like Chicago, NY, or OKC to wipe the smile off their faces.

:clap: exactly. what i want more is a team in the east to take em out. ya id be happy if okc, san antonio or who ever beats em in the finals, but i more want Chicago or New York to beat em. everyone is writing off the East and saying Miami has a free pass. A round 2 matchup verse Chicago and a round 3 matchup vers New York or Indiana can hopefully stop them

amos1er
04-19-2013, 07:02 PM
fair enough.

the playoffs last year were great though. i don't think the heat will go 4-4-4 or anything close to that. have some faith. there will be a lot of great series!

I'm looking forward to the NY series, but I'll be surprised if the Knicks can make it five games. That is if they make it past Boston. No offense to Knicks fans, I'm just being realistic.

Last years playoffs were only interesting because Bosh was injured and the other teams actually had a chance.

amos1er
04-19-2013, 07:03 PM
:clap: exactly. what i want more is a team in the east to take em out. ya id be happy if okc, san antonio or who ever beats em in the finals, but i more want Chicago or New York to beat em. everyone is writing off the East and saying Miami has a free pass. A round 2 matchup verse Chicago and a round 3 matchup vers New York or Indiana can hopefully stop them

Oh please...I understand that your a Bulls fan and all, but lets not pretend...neither them nor the Knicks has a chance.

ragee
04-19-2013, 07:04 PM

James Harden was the reason why they lost last year...

ManRam
04-19-2013, 07:04 PM
I'm looking forward to the NY series, but I'll be surprised if the Knicks can make it five games. That is if they make it past Boston. No offense to Knicks fans, I'm just being realistic.

Last years playoffs were only interesting because Bosh was injured and the other teams actually had a chance.

indy had miami on the ropes last year :shrug:

it's the NBA...crazy **** happens. bad teams beat good teams. bad teams hang with great teams.

amos1er
04-19-2013, 07:05 PM
If Stern didn't screw the Lakers, Kobe wouldn't have been run into the ground.

Yes, the CP3 debacle was the single most disgraceful act by a sports commissioner in history.

amos1er
04-19-2013, 07:06 PM
indy had miami on the ropes last year :shrug:

it's the NBA...crazy **** happens. bad teams beat good teams. bad teams hang with great teams.

No Bosh. Wade didn't have his knee drained until game 5.

LongIslandIcedZ
04-19-2013, 07:06 PM
So if something unforeseen happens and the Heat dont win the Championship this year, is it the biggest collapse in NBA history?

amos1er
04-19-2013, 07:07 PM
James Harden was the reason why they lost last year...

Yes, because he disappeared. Now he isn't there at all. Its going to be the same result, only OKC doesn't even have HCA and the Heat added some sharp shooting former all-stars in Allen and Lewis.

bucketss
04-19-2013, 07:07 PM
If Heat dont win, their season will be tainted and become the biggest disappointment in NBA history

but if they win it will have a asterisk because their team is too stacked right?

More-Than-Most
04-19-2013, 07:08 PM
Lose/Lose for the heat. If they win its because everyone else is so bad....If they lose they will be the laughing stock of NBA and the James hate will be hilarious.

amos1er
04-19-2013, 07:08 PM
So if something unforeseen happens and the Heat dont win the Championship this year, is it the biggest collapse in NBA history?

Yes...though it won't likely happen baring injury of course. Though I never want to wish injury on anyone.

amos1er
04-19-2013, 07:09 PM
but if they win it will have a asterisk because their team is too stacked right?

They should in all fairness, but I'm sure the media propaganda that to follow will erase all that.

bucketss
04-19-2013, 07:10 PM
Yes, the CP3 debacle was the single most disgraceful act by a sports commissioner in history.

stern did a great job blocking that cheat trade, lakers would have had 2 in a span of 5 years.

amos1er
04-19-2013, 07:12 PM
Oh and lol @ Lebron for saying that it will be harder to repeat.

amos1er
04-19-2013, 07:13 PM
stern did a great job blocking that cheat trade, lakers would have had 2 in a span of 5 years.

Oh come one man...that was borderline communism.

Answer this question if you dare...

How was the trade that the Clips offered better than the one the Lakers did.

and...

How was the trade the Lakers made for Gasol any worse than the trade the Celtics made for Garnet. At least the Grizz got an all-star center out of the deal...

John Walls Era
04-19-2013, 07:14 PM
Let it be written, let it be done. Obviously Skip Bayless is the prophet.

John Walls Era
04-19-2013, 07:14 PM

The owners **** blocked it. Blame Sterling who wrote a lettter to Stern.

amos1er
04-19-2013, 07:20 PM
Below are the complete betting odds for each remaining team to win the 2013 NBA championship.

Miami Heat 2/3

Oklahoma City Thunder 4/1

San Antonio Spurs 10/1

New York Knicks 15/1

Denver Nuggets 22/1

Los Angeles Clippers 22/1

Indiana Pacers 22/1

Memphis Grizzlies 35/1

Los Angeles Lakers 40/1

Brooklyn Nets 50/1

Chicago Bulls 50/1

Boston Celtics 60/1

Golden State Warriors 100/1

Houston Rockets 100/1

Atlanta Hawks 125/1

Milwaukee Bucks 300/1

http://www.ibtimes.com/nba-playoffs-2013-betting-odds-miami-heat-oklahoma-city-thunder-favored-meet-nba-finals-1201127#

It's a joke how much the Heat are favored.

bucketss
04-19-2013, 07:20 PM
Oh come one man...that was borderline communism.

Answer this question if you dare...

How was the trade that the Clips offered better than the one the Lakers did.

and...

How was the trade the Lakers made for Gasol any worse than the trade the Celtics made for Garnet. At least the Grizz got an all-star center out of the deal...

young star(at the moment) and draft picks >>> garbage of gasol and martin, you can't possibly be that biased right?

also that big 3 trade saw minny land young guys like green and high potential al jefferson

you woudn't know since you're a laker fan but some teams need young talent and picks to rebuild(never heard of that word i bet ;) )

amos1er
04-19-2013, 07:21 PM
The owners **** blocked it. Blame Sterling who wrote a lettter to Stern.

Stern still acted like a communist dictator and blocked it. He didn't have to listen to them.

amos1er
04-19-2013, 07:27 PM
young star(at the moment) and draft picks >>> garbage of gasol and martin, you can't possibly be that biased right?

also that big 3 trade saw minny land young guys like green and high potential al jefferson

you woudn't know since you're a laker fan but some teams need young talent and picks to rebuild(never heard of that word i bet ;) )

Grizz got an All-Star center for Gasol.

Minny got Koofus. lol

Stop trying to act like the Lakers get away with murder when they don't. Don't have just because the Lakers are the best organization in basketball and know how to get the job done by consistently putting the best teams on the floor to compete.

bucketss
04-19-2013, 07:27 PM
Stern still acted like a communist dictator and blocked it. He didn't have to listen to them.

they just got done with a lock out, how would it look giving into the evil empire that is the los angeles lakers so quick? unfortunately for you i see many very hard years coming up for the lakers. what are you guys gonna do draft another kobe? lmao!!! its done!!

amos1er
04-19-2013, 07:28 PM
****, I'm about to go and bet 1000 dollars on Miami...easy money!!!

amos1er
04-19-2013, 07:29 PM
they just got done with a lock out, how would it look giving into the evil empire that is the los angeles lakers so quick? unfortunately for you i see many very hard years coming up for the lakers. what are you guys gonna do draft another kobe? lmao!!! its done!!

Evil Empire???

Just stop bro. lol

bucketss
04-19-2013, 07:30 PM
Grizz got an All-Star center for Gasol.

Minny got Koofus. lol

Stop trying to act like the Lakers get away with murder when they don't. Don't have just because the Lakers are the best organization in basketball and know how to get the job done by consistently putting the best teams on the floor to compete.

minny got al jefferson(who dropped 23 11 his first year with them), also you can't think of the trade as how it turned out, but how it was perceived at that time. and nearly every trade lakers get into is fishy(including this years howard trade)

Stunner
Stern was the Owner of the Hornets at the time of the trade , that's why it got rejected . If he wasn't the owner it would have went thru , if that's the case he would hehe rejected the Gasol deal long ago . Stern was thinking as an owner for what's best but it looks bad now seeing Eric Gordon might not even be a Pelican next year .

Hawkeye15
The Nets or Sixers path was as easy, if not more so. The only difference is this years Heat team is way better than those teams. How about MJ's era? He went through some pretty damn easy path's to the finals.

amos1er
04-19-2013, 07:31 PM
I might go and bet 5000 on Miami. I would win 3,330. Again, easy money!!!

People should bet everything they have on Miami...guaranteed to double your life savings lol.

bucketss
Evil Empire???

Just stop bro. lol

yup, and im sure you wouldn't be a laker fan if it wasn't for it.

ATX

Your obsessed with the Heat. Burden of proof? Prove what to you? Nothing will EVER sway your obsession with discrediting this team. What would be the point. Why waste our time arguing with the new biggest Heat hater on PSD. (Jimmer permabanned). Let's just say the Heat do repeat, what will your excuse be if they win 3 next season? None of the titles will count in your beyond heavily biased eyes. I might take this thread seriously if 1: It wasn't First Take, and 2: It was someone other than you presenting it. Nothing is given, let's enjoy the playoffs, and see what happens.

Tony_Starks
04-19-2013, 07:32 PM
The stage is set for a big upset against Miami. Most people haven't even considered the possibilty of them losing since the all-star break......

29$JerZ
04-19-2013, 07:33 PM
Well the East has the better chance of knocking off the HEAT than any team out west.
It's only a cake walk if they sweep through every round.

amos1er
04-19-2013, 07:34 PM
Stern was the Owner of the Hornets at the time of the trade , that's why it got rejected . If he wasn't the owner it would have went thru , if that's the case he would hehe rejected the Gasol deal long ago . Stern was thinking as an owner for what's best but it looks bad now seeing Eric Gordon might not even be a Pelican next year .

No, Stern was looking out for what was best for the league. Conflict of interest for sure. If only they could prove that of course. Stern would likely claim negligence concerning Eric Gordon.

Funny how you talk about Stern rejecting the Gasol trade lol. By that same token, do you think he should have rejected the big 3 formation as well?

Hawkeye15
They should in all fairness, but I'm sure the media propaganda that to follow will erase all that.

the media, or Laker fans/Bron haters?

John Walls Era
Don't get ahead of yourselves Knicks fans. You have a tough 7th seed waiting for you. I like Knicks chances to make the conf finals if they can get past this test.

amos1er
04-19-2013, 07:35 PM
yup, and im sure you wouldn't be a laker fan if it wasn't for it.

I live in Los Angeles...born and raised. Grew up watching the showtime Lakers...thats why I'm a fan.

John Walls Era
04-19-2013, 07:35 PM

Owners are his boss. I'm not gonna defend Stern, but it wasnt 100% his fault.

justinnum1
04-19-2013, 07:36 PM
Yes, and thats exactly why there should be an asterisk next to their titles. Especially in 2012 because not only did they have the best team by far, they needed a ton of help from the refs just to get past Boston in the ECF.

Yea, U mad.

amos1er
04-19-2013, 07:38 PM

I was thinking the Nike and Gatorade, and Sprite lobbyists. You know, the same guys who erased the video footage of Lebron getting dunked on by a college kid.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/post/lebron-james-gets-dunked-on-by-kid-during-nike-asia-tour-video/2011/08/16/gIQAtgCKJJ_blog.html

Tony_Starks
04-19-2013, 07:38 PM

Those aren't synonymous btw..........

bucketss
04-19-2013, 07:40 PM

bucketss
04-19-2013, 07:41 PM
I live in Los Angeles...born and raised. Grew up watching the showtime Lakers...thats why I'm a fan.

grew up watching show time lakers... roots for the celtics in the 2012 ecf hmmm #fraud #KobeFan #LEECH

Hawkeye15
Those aren't synonymous btw..........

never said they were. Including both. If the hyphen made you think I was saying so, my b.

ATX
Yea, U mad.

He irate and filled with hate.

faze38
04-19-2013, 07:42 PM
Damn I wonder if thats what people said in the early 70s and late 60s when Elgin, Wilt and Jerry played together or how about when the Lakers had Shaq, Kobe, Gary and Karl. The road to the championship is never as easy as people think and believe it right now the Heat will be challenged from the 2nd round on. To be honest I don't see them making it out of the east this year and I know i'm in the minority but will be laughing all the way to the bank when they lose early!

Hawkeye15
04-19-2013, 07:42 PM
I was thinking the Nike and Gatorade, and Sprite lobbyists. You know, the same guys who erased the video footage of Lebron getting dunked on by a college kid.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/post/lebron-james-gets-dunked-on-by-kid-during-nike-asia-tour-video/2011/08/16/gIQAtgCKJJ_blog.html

Or every rational person that realizes **** happens in an 82 game season, and the team standing with the trophy at the end of the year earned it, with no questions asked....

amos1er
04-19-2013, 07:43 PM
Owners are his boss. I'm not gonna defend Stern, but it wasnt 100% his fault.

By that logic, Stern has no right to act as owner of any team then because there is a conflict of interest in doing whats best for the team he is representing and what is best for the NBA.

amos1er
04-19-2013, 07:44 PM
Damn I wonder if thats what people said in the early 70s and late 60s when Elgin, Wilt and Jerry played together or how about when the Lakers had Shaq, Kobe, Gary and Karl. The road to the championship is never as easy as people think and believe it right now the Heat will be challenged from the 2nd round on. To be honest I don't see them making it out of the east this year and I know i'm in the minority but will be laughing all the way to the bank when they lose early!

Cool, I will take the safe bet and put my money on them winning. I would encourage you all to do the same. Easy money I'm telling you!

amos1er
04-19-2013, 07:45 PM
Or every rational person that realizes **** happens in an 82 game season, and the team standing with the trophy at the end of the year earned it, with no questions asked....

I always ask questions.

OceanSpray
04-19-2013, 07:46 PM
If it's the easiest cakewalk, does that mean we disqualify this season? Would playing vs Kobe not be a cakewalk either?

Tony_Starks
04-19-2013, 07:47 PM
By that logic, Stern has no right to act as owner of any team then because there is a conflict of interest in doing whats best for the team he is representing and what is best for the NBA.

There's no need in even tying to reason man. It's no big secret they were fresh off the heels of a knock down drag out CBA battle and the small market owners were screaming in protest over that trade. Dan Gilbert even went on record with his displeasure at the time.

amos1er
04-19-2013, 07:48 PM
grew up watching show time lakers... roots for the celtics in the 2012 ecf hmmm #fraud #KobeFan #LEECH

I knew that the Celtics had no chance in the finals, I would rather see them make it all the way to the finals and lose than to see Stern rig it in favor of Miami...though he did in both the ECF and the finals.

I also rooted for Boston in 2010 because I wanted to see the Lakers play against them.

I don't really give a **** what you say anyways. Anyone who knows me personally knows the truth.

Hawkeye15
04-19-2013, 07:49 PM
I always ask questions.

from what I can tell, only when it provides you with what you want to believe.

amos1er
04-19-2013, 07:50 PM
There's no need in even tying to reason man. It's no big secret they were fresh off the heels of a knock down drag out CBA battle and the small market owners were screaming in protest over that trade. Dan Gilbert even went on record with his displeasure at the time.

Ya, it was a total disgrace to capitalism. Stern should have been removed from his position as Dictator...er I mean Commissioner at that moment.

amos1er
04-19-2013, 07:52 PM
from what I can tell, only when it provides you with what you want to believe.

Right now I believe that the disparity in talent between the Miami Heat and the rest of the league is a disgrace and will make this years playoffs extremely boring to watch.

There are many who share my opinion such as the people on the First Take Podcast I sited.

bucketss
04-19-2013, 07:54 PM
I knew that the Celtics had no chance in the finals, I would rather see them make it all the way to the finals and lose than to see Stern rig it in favor of Miami...though he did in both the ECF and the finals.

I also rooted for Boston in 2010 because I wanted to see the Lakers play against them.

I don't really give a **** what you say anyways. Anyone who knows me personally knows the truth.

why are you flip flopping? you said last time finals wasn't rigged? lmao paranoid kobe fans are just so damn funny.

John Walls Era
04-19-2013, 07:55 PM

why? you have to be kidding me if you think sports is always fair.

And yes I will willingly watch a corrupt league as long as I can make money off it.

bucketss
04-19-2013, 07:57 PM
hes just setting himself up so he can be immune to trash talk - and also dish out maximum amount of trolling regardless of the outcome these playoffs.

heat win? he will say they won because its was rigged/they're to0 stacked... if they lose though lmao him and his paranoid kobe fan internet forum militia will go ham.

Hawkeye15
04-19-2013, 08:00 PM
why? you have to be kidding me if you think sports is always fair.

And yes I will willingly watch a corrupt league as long as I can make money off it.

they are not fair. But at the end of the day, the team holding the trophy won it. We as fans SHOULD analyze why, but if it was a fair fight, move on. So many dig and look so hard to discredit, at THEIR disposal, not the general consensus. And that is what this thread is.

king4day
04-19-2013, 08:08 PM
The Knicks will give them problems. Miami may win but it won't be a cakewalk for them. Nets/Bull would make things difficult too. I agree that the Thunder just won't have enough this year.

Chronz
04-19-2013, 08:14 PM

1. 2013 Miami Heat

The burden of proof is on anyone who doubts this. Please feel free to prove otherwise.

I am only repeating what First Take said...its not like I am some lone quack making this **** up.

Nah burden of proof falls on the accuser.

Chronz
04-19-2013, 08:15 PM
At least those games were entertaining. LA didn't have HCA in the WCF, nor were they the favorites in that series. The Spurs were the favorites and at least had a fighting chance to beat them unlike anyone who faces the Heat this year.
They went undefeated through the West with 2 stars playing at a level no one could even touch. That was exciting if your a fan of history or LA, but it was very much a team so far ahead of the competition that it was literally just as unfair as your pretending the Heat are.

The Bulls had some cake walks sure, but none nearly as easy as this and Jordan never had a team nearly this stacked.

Based on what?

Chronz
04-19-2013, 08:22 PM

OKC had Harden last year and didn't have this dominant of a regular season. How can a weaker team accomplish that?

Your bias is showing. So OKC loses Harden and got nothing in return right. There was also zero internal growth within the team amirite? But RASHARD LEWIS of all people is a game changer worth noting. LMFAO

Even if it turns out that way, it wont be any different from a whole lot of Finals. See the Shaq led Lakers and the Bulls during their run.

Chronz
04-19-2013, 08:27 PM

Owners of teams block trades all the time.

Cromedome
04-19-2013, 08:30 PM
Lebron James and the heat have ruined basketball as we know it.

b@llhog24
04-19-2013, 08:30 PM

This explains so much.

b@llhog24
04-19-2013, 08:31 PM

And watching MJ go 6 and 0 just curls toes huh?

Chronz
04-19-2013, 08:32 PM
hes just setting himself up so he can be immune to trash talk - and also dish out maximum amount of trolling regardless of the outcome these playoffs.

heat win? he will say they won because its was rigged/they're to0 stacked... if they lose though lmao him and his paranoid kobe fan internet forum militia will go ham.
Bingo. Only he would be a broke Heat Hater and will damn them with even more mental anguish.
GEMME MY MONAY BRAUN!!!!

Cromedome
04-19-2013, 08:33 PM
And watching MJ go 6 and 0 just curls toes huh?

I have no idea what you're trying to say here.

Chronz
04-19-2013, 08:33 PM

I question just how much basketball you actually know. Not seeing whats so different.

Cromedome
04-19-2013, 08:34 PM
I question just how much basketball you actually know.

That's cool. I question how much basketball you actually know as well.

I'm pretty sure you've never played the game at a high level either.

b@llhog24
04-19-2013, 08:35 PM
I have no idea what you're trying to say here.

Before I answer, how has he ruined basketball?

Cromedome
04-19-2013, 08:36 PM
Before I answer, how has he ruined basketball?

His "decision" to join forces with Wade.

Chronz
04-19-2013, 08:37 PM
That's cool. I question how much basketball you actually know as well.

I'm pretty sure you've never played the game at a high level either.
I know that you willingly admit to not knowing much about the early eras and have made numerous errors regarding its history. Remember when you thought Wilt was a twig, instead of a man with historic strength. LMFAO

You would be right on the 2nd one, but your basketball insight must be smaller than I thought if you think that translates into basketball IQ. Sorry but winning the genetic lottery doesn't qualify you as a student of the game.

b@llhog24
04-19-2013, 08:39 PM
His "decision" to join forces with Wade.

There have been superteams before, just look at any of Magic/Bird/Kobe's rosters.

Cromedome
04-19-2013, 08:39 PM
I know that you willingly admit to not knowing much about the early eras and have made numerous errors regarding its history. Remember when you thought Wilt was a twig, instead of a man with historic strentgh. LMFAO

You would be right on the 2nd one, but your basketball insight must be smaller than I thought if you think that translates into basketball IQ. Sorry but winning the genetic lottery doesn't qualify you as a student of the game.

Please stop talking to me about 1955 basketball when i'm talking about the present. I play the game and you've watched the game from the sidelines. Sorry..but this is truly apples and oranges here.

Hoopsadvocate
04-19-2013, 08:40 PM
Lmao at the OP but according to many especially ur dance base the Lakers this year were suppose to be better than the HEAT u know because they have our "weakness" in that they have two elite bigs and we have "soft" Chris bosh and an old wade. Lol

I didn't hear y'all complaint when Dwight made a decision to join Kobe.

And further more pacers> celtics in terms of giving the HEAT trouble.

bucketss
04-19-2013, 08:42 PM
Please stop talking to me about 1955 basketball when i'm talking about the present. I play the game and you've watched the game from the sidelines. Sorry..but this is truly apples and oranges here.

playing in the old mans league in your local community centre doesn't count.

OceanSpray
04-19-2013, 08:42 PM
Right now I believe that the disparity in talent between the Miami Heat and the rest of the league is a disgrace and will make this years playoffs extremely boring to watch.

There are many who share my opinion such as the people on the First Take Podcast I sited.

Boring? It's going to be exciting for me watching Miami destroy and LAL get destroyed.

Cromedome
04-19-2013, 08:43 PM
playing in the old mans league in your local community centre doesn't count.

Talking to the wrong person. I'm not bringing up Wilt, lmao.

OceanSpray
04-19-2013, 08:44 PM

What league? Must not be very good if you're on here talking smack.

Cromedome
04-19-2013, 08:45 PM
What league? Must not be very good if you're on here talking smack.

2,153 posts since Jan 2013. How good are you?

Chronz
04-19-2013, 08:56 PM

Sorry but unless you played in the NBA, your comparison is just as different. Then consider the fact that even NBA players have proven inept at understanding the intricacies of the game and it becomes clear, you need more than just genetics to get those coveted jobs coaching or running teams. So why would I care?

Cromedome
04-19-2013, 08:57 PM
Sorry but unless you played in the NBA, your comparison is just as different. Then consider the fact that even NBA players have proven inept at understanding the intricacies of the game and it becomes clear, you need more than just genetics to get those coveted jobs coaching or running teams. So why would I care?

I'm not asking you to care. Stay on the sidelines and continue to speak using x's and o's rather than playing the game.

championships
04-19-2013, 08:58 PM
Yep. Non quality ring for Bron Bron. Even better would be if he choked with such an easy path.

bucketss
04-19-2013, 09:00 PM
Yep. Non quality ring for Bron Bron. Even better would be if he choked with such an easy path.

like when kobe faced banged up orlando/celtic teams?

The Flash
04-19-2013, 09:02 PM
But i though Lebron and wade can't play together, i thought that Lebron is more like Robin while Wade is Batman and will carry Lebron to his first ring. I also thought that Wade was old and done, I thought that the HEAT are very weak at center and pg spots and their bench is " a bunch of Titos", while Spoelstra can't coach and can't manage egos.

Chronz
04-19-2013, 09:02 PM
I'm not asking you to care. Stay on the sidelines and continue to speak using x's and o's rather than playing the game.

Then your admitting to having no point. And of course I'll stick to X and O's above what a non-NBA player thinks about the game hes playing.

Chronz
04-19-2013, 09:03 PM
Wake me up when some objective evidence arrives......

The Flash
04-19-2013, 09:04 PM
Boring? It's going to be exciting for me watching Miami destroy and LAL get destroyed.

Lakers and their first round exit .

kblo247
04-19-2013, 09:07 PM

Did you just compare Twin Tower SA, Webber Sacramento, and Sheed Portland to Milwaukee, Chcago without Rose, and NY without Amare? Ill give you okc over Phili largely because the fact AI only stole a game because la sat on their ***** so long.

That said Miami plays the hand their dealt, earned their seeding, and just have to take care of business and dispatch the teams they face quickly as possible because you never know what can happen injury or suspension wise if you prolong a series or give someone confidence

Cromedome
04-19-2013, 09:09 PM
Then your admitting to having no point. And of course I'll stick to X and O's above what a non-NBA player thinks about the game hes playing.

Your (NBA) or (basketball) opinion holds no weight with me when you admitted you have no business stepping on the court. Keep on with the x's and o's.

The Flash
04-19-2013, 09:11 PM
Can you prove that you are an actual ball player or you expect us to believe it because this is an internet forum and we're all gullible

mngopher35
04-19-2013, 09:17 PM
^lol agreed. "Your opinion doesn't matter because I can say I'm better at basketball than you on a forum". Sounds like someone who can't handle a discussion...

JasonJohnHorn
04-19-2013, 09:19 PM
The Nets pose some serious match-up problems for Miami even if their record isn't that great (Nets will win the PG and C position) and they have better rebounders on their team. Of the two teams, 4 of the top five rebounds (in per36 min averages) play for the Nets, Haslem is the highest ranking rebounder on the Heat. I'd pick Miami to win that series if they meet up, but it won't be a cake walk and neither will NY or INY should they meet up, and whoever wins the West is going to be a GREAT team because there is no way a tea that isn't great could win the west. It's too good.

These guys are tools.

No championship is EVER a cake walk.

Even if the Heat swept their way to a championship, it would NOT be a cake walk. To call it such it an insult to the work these guys put in to stay in the condition they need to be in.

Chronz
04-19-2013, 09:20 PM
Did you just compare Twin Tower SA, Webber Sacramento, and Sheed Portland to Milwaukee, Chcago without Rose, and NY without Amare? Ill give you okc over Phili largely because the fact AI only stole a game because la sat on their ***** so long.
Im comparing the gap between those Lakers and their comp vs the gap between the Heat and their comp. The East doesn't stack up, zero argument there, but whoever comes out the West will represent a greater challenge than anyone LA faced that year.

Shlumpledink
I'm old enough to remember when the east wasn't a cakewalk. Those were the days. We used to use our computers without the internet back then.

Cromedome
^ lol ... someone who has ZERO basketball skills is trying to "school" me on basketball? Sounds like someone with their head up his *** to me.

Chronz
04-19-2013, 09:21 PM
Your (NBA) or (basketball) opinion holds no weight with me when you admitted you have no business stepping on the court. Keep on with the x's and o's.

Where did I say I never stepped on the court? You asked if I played at a high level, not if I ever played the game.

And of course I will keep on with the x's and o's when the alternative is your hubris.

Chronz
04-19-2013, 09:22 PM
^lol agreed. "Your opinion doesn't matter because I can say I'm better at basketball than you on a forum". Sounds like someone who can't handle a discussion...
You may not remember but this was the guy who wanted to fight whoever dared think he was trolling us.

Cromedome
04-19-2013, 09:24 PM
I wasn't trying to fight "whoever" .

Minimal
04-19-2013, 09:28 PM
Here they come. Heat haters already trying to downgrade Heat season.

kyubi256
04-19-2013, 09:30 PM
I think Miami doesn't make it to the Finals this year, or loses in the Finals. Ask LAL, stacked teams don't always win.

SteBO
The comments in here only indicate one thing...it's going to be a lose-lose situation for Miami. Best thing for them is to hopefully win it all. But I love the excuses people are trying to manufacture to discredit anything Miami Heat....thank goodness the players don't get wrapped in your nonsense.

bucketss
^ lol ... someone who has ZERO basketball skills is trying to "school" me on basketball? Sounds like someone with their head up his *** to me.

if you're so good and serious about ball.. you should have some tape on yourself right? or do you just own some 15 yr old kids in a random new york ball court lmao.

SteBO
04-19-2013, 09:33 PM
I think Miami doesn't make it to the Finals this year, or loses in the Finals. Ask LAL, stacked teams don't always win.
Unm Same thing works in reverse...moot point. Besides, Miami's a proven team that's done it before. Obviously the top of the east is a bit tougher than last year, so it'll be interesting to see how everything shakes out.

Chronz
04-19-2013, 09:34 PM
I wasn't trying to fight "whoever" .

Right, you just wanted to meet up because its impossible to communicate via the web. LOL

--23--
04-19-2013, 09:35 PM
I don't see anything wrong with what they said because it is true. I'm not saying the Heat will sweep through the Playoffs or anything, it's just the fact that they will be playing against mostly beat up teams in the East and have the easiest path to the ECF. If Ginger was not out along with Noah, Taj & Rose hurt/out I would call the First Take guys idiots but that's not the case.

The 01' Lakers didn't have an easy path they just ran through some really good healthy opponents...Blazers, Kings & Spurs, their only lost came against the weakest opponent Sixers. lol

As for the Bulls I give you 91, 93 & 98. Hard to put the 98' team up there because that Pacers team pushed us to the limit. Yea we had more talent but they played us really good.

Cromedome
04-19-2013, 09:35 PM
if you're so good and serious about ball.. you should have some tape on yourself right? or do you just own some 15 yr old kids in a random new york ball court lmao.

If you really want to know what i'm about...pm me because I don't have time to respond to your silly made up jokes.

TheTreys
04-19-2013, 09:36 PM
Who cares. Teams just need to prove themselves n come up with strategies to beat the Heat like how the Mavs did in the finals. Heat made the finals twice, there not always gonna be there which means there bound to lose at some point.

Cromedome
04-19-2013, 09:36 PM
Right, you just wanted to meet up because its impossible to communicate via the web. LOL

I wanted to meet up because you thought you could insult a random person over the web and I wanted to let you know who you were talking too.

ne3xchamps
04-19-2013, 09:38 PM
The Nets pose some serious match-up problems for Miami even if their record isn't that great (Nets will win the PG and C position) and they have better rebounders on their team. Of the two teams, 4 of the top five rebounds (in per36 min averages) play for the Nets, Haslem is the highest ranking rebounder on the Heat. I'd pick Miami to win that series if they meet up, but it won't be a cake walk and neither will NY or INY should they meet up, and whoever wins the West is going to be a GREAT team because there is no way a tea that isn't great could win the west. It's too good.

These guys are tools.

No championship is EVER a cake walk.

Even if the Heat swept their way to a championship, it would NOT be a cake walk. To call it such it an insult to the work these guys put in to stay in the condition they need to be in.

That sounds like a cake walk to me.

justinnum1
04-19-2013, 09:43 PM

Chronz
04-19-2013, 09:56 PM
I wanted to meet up because you thought you could insult a random person over the web and I wanted to let you know who you were talking too.
Dear god we're having this conversation again? Your not very good at this deduction thing. If you need to be physically in front of someone in order to communicate, then its obviously to get physical.

I know who Im talking to, someone who cant defend his stance with words, consequently taking this whole rep thing way too seriously. You think your above someone because you played at a higher level? LMFAO, get a clue.

Captain Moroni
04-19-2013, 10:03 PM
We will see just how easy it is in a couple of weeks. Lots of chickens being counted and no eggs are even laid yet.

OceanSpray
04-19-2013, 10:06 PM

You're just an internet bully. You have no proof of how good you are except through words. If you were truly as good as you make yourself to be, you should have some sort of reliable source. Other than that, all you do is play pickup games with middle school kids. You want to physically meet someone on a forum site? Holy hell, how insecure can you be? X's and O's, this is a basketball forum site that people use to discuss with fellow basketball fans. If you want the real thing, go take your talents to the NBA.

Guppyfighter
04-19-2013, 10:12 PM

1. 2013 Miami Heat

You don't know how the burden of proof works. The person who makes the claim (you) must prove it.

justinnum1
04-19-2013, 10:15 PM
You don't know how the burden of proof works. The person who makes the claim (you) must prove it.

:laugh:

bucketss
04-19-2013, 10:26 PM
If you really want to know what i'm about...pm me because I don't have time to respond to your silly made up jokes.

lmao this might be up there with illusionist claiming he makes hundreds of thousands of dollars from his subway franchise lmao.

Hawkeye15
04-19-2013, 10:30 PM

And you do otherwise? Why should anyone take your opinion over a poster who has proven to dominate this site?

Blink
04-19-2013, 10:30 PM
I blame Dan Gilbert giving Pat Riley the chance to put together such a team. Can't blame Miami fans at all for the team they root for.

Look at the crap he put around LeBron.

LeBron didn't start the super teams...Dan Gilbert did.

As a Pistons fan I'm just going to sit back and wait for LeBron to retire then we will strike.

b@llhog24
04-19-2013, 10:32 PM

He just says the darnest things doesn't huh?

Hawkeye15
04-19-2013, 10:32 PM

please let us all know which NBA team you play for. Furthermore, hasn't the GOAT shown his complete inability to evaluate talent?

Yeah, playing a sport doesn't necessarily mean you understand it. This has been proven for decades.

Hawkeye15
04-19-2013, 10:34 PM

So you are an internet tough guy? Join the long list of guys here who think they are bad ***** dude.

bucketss
04-19-2013, 10:35 PM
I blame Dan Gilbert giving Pat Riley the chance to put together such a team. Can't blame Miami fans at all for the team they root for.

Look at the crap he put around LeBron.

LeBron didn't start the super teams...Dan Gilbert did.

As a Pistons fan I'm just going to sit back and wait for LeBron to retire then we will strike.

why wait till than, he will probably start declining in 3 years. wait lol you guys don't really have a choice.

SportsFanatic10
04-19-2013, 10:44 PM

so you wanted to fight him...

Chronz
04-19-2013, 10:44 PM
And you do otherwise? Why should anyone take your opinion over a poster who has proven to dominate this site?

Might wanna stop saying stuff like this bro, I've been put in my place plenty and it does me no favors in actual debates. They start thinking we're a crew even tho I despise you all equally.

HighCHWRoller07
04-19-2013, 10:48 PM
Does anyone remember the mavs beating the heat in a 7 game series? Cause I do....

SportsFanatic10
04-19-2013, 10:48 PM

lol this is some funny **** coming from a lakers fan. a bunch of you guys were saying the heats run was over and the lakers are so good it's not gonna be fair for the rest of the league blah, blah, blah, ect... when you got nash and howard. but now that the team blew up in your face its back to "the heat are too good! it's not fair! :crying::crying::crying:"

Cromedome
04-19-2013, 11:05 PM
So you are an internet tough guy? Join the long list of guys here who think they are bad ***** dude.

I'm not in internet tough guy. I have no problem proving that.

Have fun with your "goat".

Cromedome
04-19-2013, 11:05 PM
lmao this might be up there with illusionist claiming he makes hundreds of thousands of dollars from his subway franchise lmao.

lmao...still waiting for the pm.

Cromedome
04-19-2013, 11:07 PM
You're just an internet bully. You have no proof of how good you are except through words. If you were truly as good as you make yourself to be, you should have some sort of reliable source. Other than that, all you do is play pickup games with middle school kids. You want to physically meet someone on a forum site? Holy hell, how insecure can you be? X's and O's, this is a basketball forum site that people use to discuss with fellow basketball fans. If you want the real thing, go take your talents to the NBA.

Like I keep telling people....if they think i'm lying or feel they want to insult me...PM me so we can set things straight to clear up any confusion.

bucketss
04-19-2013, 11:10 PM

why don't you pm me..

Riodagoat
04-20-2013, 02:01 AM
But then it was ok when the Lakers formed their so called "Big 4"

Hilarious.

Hawkeye15
04-20-2013, 02:08 AM
Might wanna stop saying stuff like this bro, I've been put in my place plenty and it does me no favors in actual debates. They start thinking we're a crew even tho I despise you all equally.

And I can't stand you either. Fact is, what the **** did that guy ever prove here to be in a convo with you?

Clips suck. Kahn rocks.

Hawkeye15
04-20-2013, 02:09 AM
I'm not in internet tough guy. I have no problem proving that.

Have fun with your "goat".

But you act like one. Ignore those tendencies, and you won't be questioned.

PSD is not the real world. We know this.

LayBraun
04-20-2013, 02:14 AM
This is not the easiest road to the title and maybe it's time to start giving the Heat some credit for being such a damn good team. If its such a "cake walk" then other teams should play better or something because there is no lack of talent in this league.

kblo247
04-20-2013, 02:29 AM
Im comparing the gap between those Lakers and their comp vs the gap between the Heat and their comp. The East doesn't stack up, zero argument there, but whoever comes out the West will represent a greater challenge than anyone LA faced that year.

You have OKC better than the Sours, Blazers, and Kings of 2001?

mngopher35
04-20-2013, 03:23 AM

I think OKC is the best of those teams assuming they make the finals and are uninjured. Blazers were easily worse imo. The Kings had webber and then solid role players around him. Durant is the second best player in the nba and is better than webber was at the time, has a star sidekick in westbrook, and also has very good role players. You could make an argument Ibaka is better than any player on that Sac team was outside of Webber (great stats and elite defense).

Then you get to San Antonio who they played in WCF. Remember that Robinson was 35 by this point so while he was good, wasn't quite his prime self. The problem is that their third best player, Derek Anderson, was injured for the series (he played like 31 minutes total and shot 0-10 for 4 points). Even with him the "big 3" of Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka probably beats the 3 from SA and then they have very solid role players as well.

RiceOnTheRun
04-20-2013, 04:39 AM
Get over this Heat-hating ********. They built their team through free agency and a well-built organization. Pat Riley is hands down one of the best executives in the league. He treats his team right and puts the team's wellbeing first. Starting with keeping the faith in D-Wade, then helping Spo grow into his role, then 2010 with that free agent class, into this year with Ray, Birdman, Rashard. Then he gets the team to play the ultimate unselfish type of basketball. Guy is a classic businessman. He knows how to run his damn team and how to build a team. I'm damn well sure almost any of the 29 other teams would take an organizer like him in a heartbeat.

ragee
04-20-2013, 05:04 AM
Yes, because he disappeared. Now he isn't there at all. Its going to be the same result, only OKC doesn't even have HCA and the Heat added some sharp shooting former all-stars in Allen and Lewis.

I know OKC will have a hard time beating Miami but all I am saying is losing Harden can not really be a basis on why they will lose this year... You keep mentioning Harden when he was really a non-factor... You could just stick with the Heat got stronger... Thats good enough...

ragee
04-20-2013, 05:09 AM
Get over this Heat-hating ********. They built their team through free agency and a well-built organization. Pat Riley is hands down one of the best executives in the league. He treats his team right and puts the team's wellbeing first. Starting with keeping the faith in D-Wade, then helping Spo grow into his role, then 2010 with that free agent class, into this year with Ray, Birdman, Rashard. Then he gets the team to play the ultimate unselfish type of basketball. Guy is a classic businessman. He knows how to run his damn team and how to build a team. I'm damn well sure almost any of the 29 other teams would take an organizer like him in a heartbeat.

Although Riley is a great executive, I don't believe he's the reason why they have a great team... I think its because of Miami being the best place to live in compared to Cleveland and Toronto so the Big 3 decided to go there... If the Heat was in Toronto, and the Raptors was in Miami, I don't think Pat could convince Bron, Wade and
Bosh to form the Big 3 there...

Chronz
04-20-2013, 11:56 AM

Without a doubt, all objective measures point to that conclusion and subjectively, I feel it was a transitional year for many of those squads. The Spurs represented the best challenge at that point, their 2nd best player was 35 years old and unable to play heavy minutes, Sean Elliot/Avery were on their way out as well, they didn't yet have Bowen, Manu, TP. Still relied on guys like Antonio Daniels to check guys like Kobe, DA was too hurt to put up a fight. It was a great regular season squad and even then it still falls short to OKC's regular season.

While the Blazers were a tough opponent for a first round victim, arguably tougher than most teams in the East, they were getting old man.

The overall collective road to the Chip might be tougher, but I put more stock on who faced the toughest overall opponent.

What made that year so historic was that it was Kobe and Shaq playing at a level no other duo has ever matched. In an era where having that was an immense advantage, moreso than it would be today IMO. That combined with other teams already being inferior talent wise, it was a mop the floor with you type of year we may never see again. Well unless the Heat prove to be so far ahead of the comp this year.

JasonJohnHorn
04-20-2013, 12:17 PM
That sounds like a cake walk to me.

You completely missed the point of what I was saying. The work that it takes to compete in the NBA, to even make an NBA roster is not a cake walk. There are no lazy players in the NBA. Even the laziest guy by NBA standards works EXTREMELY hard. James does not wake up the greatest player in the world and breeze through the day. He puts continuous work into it. Every team HAS to earn every win. Even a blow out takes work. You don't blow somebody out by not trying. You blown them out by busting your @$$ off. You hit the gym, your practice your shot, your defence, you watch videos. There is a ridiculous amount of work that goes into every win. If anybody thinks that winning the NBA championship is a cake walk, they are seriously deluded.

When you see a series go 4-0, that doesn't mean it was easy. There are four-game sweeps that go down to the wire every game, where the series could have went either if the balls falls this way or that on a rebound, or if an official makes a bad call or misses a call.

My point is that every guy in the league is busting his @$$ off to stay in the league and to win. To compete at a level high enough to sweep your way to the finals is not easy. It is NOT a cake walk. It requires a lot of hard work. Years of hard work to reach that level. It is NOT a cake walk.

That said, the Heat have some serious match-up issues. They won 66 games.... yes, but they would struggled to win 60 if they had the same schedule as the Thunder. That is a fact. The Knicks, Pacers and Nets all have teams that are capable of winning it all with their talent, and whatever team comes out of the west is going to be an amazing team because no team could win that conference this year and beat teams like the Spurs or Thunder or Clippers or Lakers without being a great team.

So no... I don't care what any of the tools on ESPN say, this is NOT a cake walk. Please keep in mind that these are the same people who said the T-Wolves would finish higher than the Clippers and that the Nuggets would have the best record in the West.

pd1dish
04-20-2013, 12:23 PM
i agree with First Take. i think its funny that people say the NBA nowadays is so much harder than it used to be when in fact its the opposite. the east is the weakest its ever been and the west is easy as well with the Spurs playing bad and being injury riddled and the Lakers are in the same boat. OKC gets out of the west easy, as do the Heat in the east. its pretty much automatic for those two teams and if they dont make the finals, then its a disappointment for both teams. anyone else is feeling blessed to make the finals and get past OKC or Miami. this year is extremely weak in terms of depth in the league.

Captain Moroni
04-20-2013, 12:39 PM
Anyone else think Miami is just a tad bit overconfident?

Captain Moroni
04-20-2013, 12:41 PM
i agree with First Take. i think its funny that people say the NBA nowadays is so much harder than it used to be when in fact its the opposite. the east is the weakest its ever been and the west is easy as well with the Spurs playing bad and being injury riddled and the Lakers are in the same boat. OKC gets out of the west easy, as do the Heat in the east. its pretty much automatic for those two teams and if they dont make the finals, then its a disappointment for both teams. anyone else is feeling blessed to make the finals and get past OKC or Miami. this year is extremely weak in terms of depth in the league.

Maybe the reason for this is teams like Miami stockpiling stars? Can't have an allstar team and then complain how weak everyone else is.

naps
04-20-2013, 12:46 PM
LOL @ this thread. For whatever reason I knew OP was made by amos1er even before I clicked on it. Kobephiles and Lakers fans (Not necessarily they mean the same, two different clans for the most part) are comical. They are fine when their team is stacked and destroying everyone. They make excuses when their super teams failed miserably. Their HOF team sucks balls now harder than anyone in the history and yet they are busy with finding ways to discredit Miami Heat and the greatest basketball player since Jordan instead of focusing on learning a lesson of not to be arrogant just by seeing big names on paper (Last off-season's arrogance).

tdg823
04-20-2013, 12:52 PM
Y'all kill me. You talk about internet tough guys and insecurity, but a lot of you (not all) just berate and insult people on a keyboard. Little double standard there... The way some of you talk reckless, no wonder folks want to meet up.
And hawkeye please don't try that whole "this guy dominates on here" bit, it's an opinion site, no one opinion dominates another. Talking more time and effort to qualify there argument is great, but all it really shows me is that some of us have more time to comb the internet than others. Hell, I don't even know how to find half the stuff you guys throw out there. And I don't have the inclination to spend the time and effort trying to find out, it's just not that important to me. Facts can pretty much be made to fit most arguments (see politics). The man is intelligent and well spoken but I think you're getting caught up in the moment.
Enough of this! I'm off to campaign, I have a city council race to win!

Guppyfighter
04-20-2013, 01:54 PM

Every team has a young upcoming, really talented ****ing player right now, except for the Suns (sorry suns.)

The league is tougher now.

Hawkeye15
04-20-2013, 02:25 PM
Y'all kill me. You talk about internet tough guys and insecurity, but a lot of you (not all) just berate and insult people on a keyboard. Little double standard there... The way some of you talk reckless, no wonder folks want to meet up.
And hawkeye please don't try that whole "this guy dominates on here" bit, it's an opinion site, no one opinion dominates another. Talking more time and effort to qualify there argument is great, but all it really shows me is that some of us have more time to comb the internet than others. Hell, I don't even know how to find half the stuff you guys throw out there. And I don't have the inclination to spend the time and effort trying to find out, it's just not that important to me. Facts can pretty much be made to fit most arguments (see politics). The man is intelligent and well spoken but I think you're getting caught up in the moment.
Enough of this! I'm off to campaign, I have a city council race to win!

The do some research, and you will understand where the numbers come from. Otherwise, you only have your opinion, with no evidence.

And please, we are speaking of a poster that comes as prepared as they come, versus a poster with a clear agenda in every post he makes.

SwaggaIke
04-20-2013, 02:38 PM
OKC not as strong?

Exactly..??

amos1er
04-20-2013, 07:53 PM
Nah burden of proof falls on the accuser.

Fair enough.

First Round: Heat vs. Bucks: A complete joke of a series. Do I really have to say anymore.

Second Round: Heat vs. Bulls: No Derrick Rose. Come on bro, do you really want me to waste time on explaining why this series will likely be a sweep as well.

ECF: Heat vs. Knicks: Probly the only team that might have a chance at winning a game. The only advantage the Knicks have is at the pg position with Felton over Chalmers and Melo over Battier. Once again, they have no one that can compete with the Heats big 3. In addition, the Heat have at least 5 3pt snipers on their roster other than Lebron who shoot 40% from 3. No team has that. The Heats starters are better and so is their bench. Both Lebron and Wade are arguably better than the Knicks best player. 3 of the 4 best players on the floor will be the Heats big 3. This is a very uneven match up. The only way I can see the Knicks winning a game is if Melo just goes off on an efficient scoring spree which usually seems to happen 1 out of every 5 games or so.

Finals: Heat vs. OKC: Pretty hard to argue that OKC won't make it through the west, so with that said, OKC is surely a lesser team than they were last year after they lost Harden. The Heat on the other hand are a much better team winning 66 games and adding Allen and Lewis to their roster. In addition, they are completely healthy this year compared to last year when they had no Bosh, a gimpy Wade, and a gimpy Miller. The Heat took care of an inexperienced Thunder team in 5 games. While the Thunder do have an additional year under their belt, they lost out on Harden who was a key piece to their success. The Thunder had HCA last year as well. Now, with no Harden, they must face a Heat team that is fully healthy and had made key additions to their roster with no HCA. I will be shocked if this goes six games.

Vegas seems to agree with me. I spite you to find me a team who was a 5/8 favorite to win the championship at the start of the playoffs in NBA history. I looked. There aren't any. The next best odds are the Thunder who are 17/4. A gargantuan drop off from the Heats odds and one I also spite you to find a greater disparity on. Please find me a situation in NBA history where the team with the best odds had that much of an advantage compared to the team with the next best odds. I also looked...couldn't find one. Though I didn't do a thorough search, I did do enough years to warrant enough of a sample size to boast that the Heat are overwhelming favorites the likes of which have never been seen before. Even the folks at First Take agree with me. I spite you to find a credible media outlet that doesn't think the Heat have the easiest cake walk to the title we have ever seen.

http://www.betvega.com/odds-to-win-nba-championship/

Odds To Win 2013 NBA Finals Championship:

(odds updated 4/20/13)

Miami Heat
5/8

Oklahoma City Thunder
17/4

San Antonio Spurs
10/1

New York Knicks
16/1

Denver Nuggets
25/1

Indiana Pacers
25/1

Los Angeles Clippers
25/1

Los Angeles Lakers
40/1

Memphis Grizzlies
40/1

Brooklyn Nets
60/1

Chicago Bulls
60/1

Boston Celtics
66/1

Golden State Warriors
100/1

Houston Rockets
100/1

Atlanta Hawks
150/1

Milwaukee Bucks
500/1

Hawkeye15
04-20-2013, 08:06 PM
any ring the Heat win should only count as 1/2.

amos1er
04-20-2013, 08:13 PM
They went undefeated through the West with 2 stars playing at a level no one could even touch. That was exciting if your a fan of history or LA, but it was very much a team so far ahead of the competition that it was literally just as unfair as your pretending the Heat are.

You are arguing a point based on an outcome you have previous knowledge about. I'm talking about the Heats odds before the start of the playoffs. If you looked at that 2001 Laker team, there is no way you would have thought that they had a cake walk to the title. The 2001 Spurs won 58 games to the Lakers 56 and were considered the favorites to win it all according to certain experts. Don't quite remember the vegas odds, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had the Spurs as favorites as well. No to mention that the Kings won 55 games that year...only one less than the Lakers. The next best team in the east are the Knicks who won 12 less games than the Heat. I know that they won 54 which is only one less than the 2001 Kings, but that was 55 west wins compared to 54 east wins which should account for a lot if properly handicapped. You can bring up OKC all you want, but even they won 6 less games than the Heat did. No team is a match for the Heat compared to the Spurs who could have been a match for the Lakers had they not caught fire.

Based on what?

Jordan never had as much help as Lebron in terms of having 2 additional hall of fame players of Wade and Bosh's caliber at his side, nor did he have 5 additional 3pt snipers on his roster who could shoot over 40% from 3. Jordan also in all his championship runs did not have such a great disparity of talent in his favor in terms of the teams he faced. This is literally Varsity vs. JV. Jordan never had such an overwhelming advantage in vegas odds to win it all pre playoffs.

amos1er
04-20-2013, 08:16 PM
any ring the Heat win should only count as 1/2.

If only life were fair.

Hawkeye15
04-20-2013, 08:20 PM
If only life were fair.

If life were fair, LeBron would have been drafted into a team ready to win chips right away....

amos1er
04-20-2013, 08:22 PM
Owners of teams block trades all the time.

Those "owners" you refer to don't also double as the commissioner of the NBA. Total 100% conflict of interest. The commissioner of the NBA shouldn't be allowed to act as the owner of any team just as the president of the US shouldn't be allowed to act as the CEO of a major corporation just as an NBA player or official shouldn't be allowed to bet on games.

bucketss
If only life were fair.

if life was fair sacremento would have a ring.. and celtics would have their second with the big 3.

amos1er
If life were fair, LeBron would have been drafted into a team ready to win chips right away....

That would be more lucky than fair.

bucketss
04-20-2013, 08:24 PM

defines kobes career perfectly lol.

amos1er
04-20-2013, 08:28 PM
if life was fair sacremento would have a ring.. and celtics would have their second with the big 3.

Oh please...

For one, during the whole series, the Kings shot 204 FTs and the Lakers shot 185 FTs.

In the controversial game 6, the Lakers shot 15 more FTs than the Kings did for the whole game. What is often mentioned by people who did actually watch the whole series is that game 6 was the reversal of game 5, which the Kings got the beneficial calls that sealed the win for them.

Also, to point out, the largest FT discrepancy came in game 3, where the Kings shot 20 more FTs than the Lakers did. In game 2, the Kings shot 13 more FTs than the Lakers did.

Up until game 6, it was believed by many players that the Kings were getting lots of help. Mobley mentioned this on the Best Damn Sports Show between games 5 and 6.

In the end, the Kings had a 10+ FT advantage in 3 of the 7 games. The Lakers only had 1 game where they shot more than a double digit against the Kings. Kind of odd when one team has a near prime Shaq and a prime Kobe, no?

Watch the whole series and then let's talk. Until then, it's useless to debate.

amos1er
04-20-2013, 08:28 PM
defines kobes career perfectly lol.

Ya, Kobe was drafted directly on to a contender. :rolleyes:

Took 4 years of hard work bro.

bucketss
04-20-2013, 08:32 PM
amso1er <---- argues that 2002 wcf wasn't rigged.. now is saying kobe didn't luck out #imDone #Biased

amos1er
04-20-2013, 08:34 PM
amso1er <---- argues that 2002 wcf wasn't rigged.. now is saying kobe didn't luck out #imDone #Biased

Game 6 was rigged. I'm not arguing that. As for the entire series...thats a bit of a stretch don't ya think.

amos1er
04-20-2013, 08:34 PM

Double post.

Aust
04-20-2013, 08:36 PM
This does seem like a cake walk for the Heat. OKC will have to play physical and nasty if they're going to have a shot.

bootleg42
04-20-2013, 08:37 PM
Funny how first take ignores the fact that the Heat have struggled against the Bulls and Knicks all season.

They're the favorite all right, but to say it will be one of the easiest cake walks to a title????

Facepalm times a million.

stawka
04-20-2013, 08:38 PM
Yeah, because the Knicks are scrubs, the Pacers don't have TWO big men that pound the bal inside and a GREAT perimeter defender and player in George, and the Bulls have a bunch of bums that fight hard but will magically not fight hard in the Playoffs... Not to mention ended Miami's streak

But yeah, cakewalk in the Playoff's only because LeBron is on that team and people still hate him. CSB

AND THAT'S JUST THE EAST!

justinnum1
04-20-2013, 08:56 PM
Cakewalk to the finals.

Tony_Starks
04-20-2013, 10:24 PM
I wish we could just fast forward to MIA vs Knicks and get it over with, no need to watch the junior varsity teams.

I don't drink the Koolaid I think the Knicks can give them a run for their money.

ElChinoLatino
04-20-2013, 10:45 PM
Wish Stern didnt veto THE trade.

Cp3, Kobe, Howard vs Wade, Lebron, Bosh would have been fun and atleast they would have been a actual competition for them

Yea cause Nash and Pau are total scrubs, they barely made it to the playoffs with 2 other HOFs.

ElChinoLatino
04-20-2013, 10:49 PM

Then by that logic Kobe should get an asterisk in 3 of his titles with Shaq and the other two with Bynum and Gasol. Kobe could never do it alone as well and the refs even had to help them Lakers overcome 02 Sac Kings.

ElChinoLatino
04-20-2013, 11:46 PM

Lol stop waiting, nobody is going to pm a nobody who claims that he played basketball just to meet him/her. For what purpose? To show how you are a washed up scrub who plays with middle school kids? Evaluation of talent and basketball IQ/skills are two totally different things. Prime example: The GOAT.

Im_in_Mia_bish
04-21-2013, 03:43 AM
are all Laker fans like this?

BULLSFAN0810
04-21-2013, 05:30 AM
lets be real... Why be mad at miami? In my heart, I know wade is lesser than kobe, james is lesser than kobe. But with that said why be mad at dudes who don't have the heart to win as stars on there own team. Imho it would be different of each was traded to miami with the teams getting compensation, but it was free agency. So that brings me to David Stern. He denied the La trade of cp3 and laker players, but let the miami fiasco take place. He let 3 stars in their prime all join 1 team. I'm not mad at james, he shouldve left clevland he wet the bed there and pressure was on him.it is the fans who do not see him as a the fake he is because the culture of being rewarded without deserving is now the new idea of success. I can understand miami backing him, but everyone else I don't get.its like going to play ball and the best guys in the gym decide to team up and run everyone else out the gym, when in reality it wasnt neededif they just played hard and enjoyed competitionthey may have had success. Its not that the best players are on the same team, its how they did it. Its a slap on the face to alot of past stars who dedicated years of suffering and didn't win yet were great players some greater than james wade and bosh. I blame stern for not being the rock the nba needed. He shouldve blocked that abomination, it wasnt like the boston trio, all were in there 30s. Think about it, you got 3 stars, you get all the fouls called in your favor and you dictate the flow of the game. The trio of james wade and bosh totally flustered the refs. realistically, I'm not mad at james, he is who he is and if you can't see it,its sad. This was a well thought out plan by a coward and stern had the power to stop it but didn't, but I know this much, when its time for james to stand alone he won't be able to decision him self to a championship. And its a shame no one really called him out for it, how you leave a 60 win team and say its bad when it was built specially for you. It shouldn't work if its most important pieces are gone, but yet a sixty win team is trash? No, james game was incomplete, all he need was to develop his jumper and all
Us dummies bought the logic james used and most of us seen the games and saw it as james couldn't shoot/post so he couldn't make his teammates dangerous, the buck didn't stop with him since he was the leader, its everyone else fault, and the same thing happened vs Dallas...with 2 stars, yet he didn't blame no one, and we all seen him wet the bed

RocketLoc80
04-21-2013, 06:46 AM
Fair enough.

First Round: Heat vs. Bucks: A complete joke of a series. Do I really have to say anymore.

Second Round: Heat vs. Bulls: No Derrick Rose. Come on bro, do you really want me to waste time on explaining why this series will likely be a sweep as well.

ECF: Heat vs. Knicks: Probly the only team that might have a chance at winning a game. The only advantage the Knicks have is at the pg position with Felton over Chalmers and Melo over Battier. Once again, they have no one that can compete with the Heats big 3. In addition, the Heat have at least 5 3pt snipers on their roster other than Lebron who shoot 40% from 3. No team has that. The Heats starters are better and so is their bench. Both Lebron and Wade are arguably better than the Knicks best player. 3 of the 4 best players on the floor will be the Heats big 3. This is a very uneven match up. The only way I can see the Knicks winning a game is if Melo just goes off on an efficient scoring spree which usually seems to happen 1 out of every 5 games or so.

Finals: Heat vs. OKC: Pretty hard to argue that OKC won't make it through the west, so with that said, OKC is surely a lesser team than they were last year after they lost Harden. The Heat on the other hand are a much better team winning 66 games and adding Allen and Lewis to their roster. In addition, they are completely healthy this year compared to last year when they had no Bosh, a gimpy Wade, and a gimpy Miller. The Heat took care of an inexperienced Thunder team in 5 games. While the Thunder do have an additional year under their belt, they lost out on Harden who was a key piece to their success. The Thunder had HCA last year as well. Now, with no Harden, they must face a Heat team that is fully healthy and had made key additions to their roster with no HCA. I will be shocked if this goes six games.

Vegas seems to agree with me. I spite you to find me a team who was a 5/8 favorite to win the championship at the start of the playoffs in NBA history. I looked. There aren't any. The next best odds are the Thunder who are 17/4. A gargantuan drop off from the Heats odds and one I also spite you to find a greater disparity on. Please find me a situation in NBA history where the team with the best odds had that much of an advantage compared to the team with the next best odds. I also looked...couldn't find one. Though I didn't do a thorough search, I did do enough years to warrant enough of a sample size to boast that the Heat are overwhelming favorites the likes of which have never been seen before. Even the folks at First Take agree with me. I spite you to find a credible media outlet that doesn't think the Heat have the easiest cake walk to the title we have ever seen.

http://www.betvega.com/odds-to-win-nba-championship/

LOL @ Felton better than Mario Chalmers?!! You must be on crack

The Flash
04-21-2013, 07:54 AM
lets be real... Why be mad at miami? In my heart, I know wade is lesser than kobe, james is lesser than kobe. But with that said why be mad at dudes who don't have the heart to win as stars on there own team. Imho it would be different of each was traded to miami with the teams getting compensation, but it was free agency. So that brings me to David Stern. He denied the La trade of cp3 and laker players, but let the miami fiasco take place. He let 3 stars in their prime all join 1 team. I'm not mad at james, he shouldve left clevland he wet the bed there and pressure was on him.it is the fans who do not see him as a the fake he is because the culture of being rewarded without deserving is now the new idea of success. I can understand miami backing him, but everyone else I don't get.its like going to play ball and the best guys in the gym decide to team up and run everyone else out the gym, when in reality it wasnt neededif they just played hard and enjoyed competitionthey may have had success. Its not that the best players are on the same team, its how they did it. Its a slap on the face to alot of past stars who dedicated years of suffering and didn't win yet were great players some greater than james wade and bosh. I blame stern for not being the rock the nba needed. He shouldve blocked that abomination, it wasnt like the boston trio, all were in there 30s. Think about it, you got 3 stars, you get all the fouls called in your favor and you dictate the flow of the game. The trio of james wade and bosh totally flustered the refs. realistically, I'm not mad at james, he is who he is and if you can't see it,its sad. This was a well thought out plan by a coward and stern had the power to stop it but didn't, but I know this much, when its time for james to stand alone he won't be able to decision him self to a championship. And its a shame no one really called him out for it, how you leave a 60 win team and say its bad when it was built specially for you. It shouldn't work if its most important pieces are gone, but yet a sixty win team is trash? No, james game was incomplete, all he need was to develop his jumper and all
Us dummies bought the logic james used and most of us seen the games and saw it as james couldn't shoot/post so he couldn't make his teammates dangerous, the buck didn't stop with him since he was the leader, its everyone else fault, and the same thing happened vs Dallas...with 2 stars, yet he didn't blame no one, and we all seen him wet the bed

You should be mad at Rose for not being mentally ready to help his team mates have a chance in the playoffs

The Flash
04-21-2013, 08:07 AM
Why is everyone so butt hurt about the HEAT being good? Is it jealousy maybe, is it fear that they might play their team on the road to their second championship, or is is just that thought that as long as the HEAT are cementing their dynasty status , their teams will basically be irrelevant.

Relax people, they didn't win it yet, in fact it looks to me that all the haters are more confident than a lot of us, HEAT fans and people who can emotionally detach themselves from the game, that they're going to win it.

I can't believe that so many of you fault an organization who only did a great job in putting together a team that is talented, disciplined and fun to watch , a team that re energized the league. They're not the only team with talent in this league, there's also multiple teams with all stars, hall of famers , who all stand a chance to win.

JordansBulls
04-21-2013, 09:33 AM
It's only really about 1-2 series people want to see anyway in there conference other than the game 1's of the first round of every team.

Manimal
04-21-2013, 09:35 AM
Heat fans get mad when you praise them and they get mad when you criticise them.

Personally, I don't feel anyone can beat the Heat this season. OKC really just looks like Heat-lite. Similar and not as good as the Heat. The Spurs can't last the whole playoffs. They look like they are on fumes already.

Memphis needs another piece, a Shane Battier type. Someone who plays good perimeter defense and knock down the three ball.

Denver isn't ready yet. They probably another season or two. Clippers are a farce IMO. The big men are good for dunks, but don't really bring the toughness. You can't trust team whose success is based on whether Jamal Crawford can makes shots or not.

The East is a clusterfcuk. NY is the best team apart from the Heat. And their success is dependent on jump shooting. Chicago without DRose is playoff road kill. Brooklyn is a darkhorse, but they need another big man. Should have signed Kenyon Martin when they had the chance. Also Miami destroyed Brooklyn in the head to head in the regular season. Miami was the hammer and Brooklyn were the nail.

Boston is a old and just holding on for it's last breath. It was a good era while it lasted, time to rebuild Boston.

Indiana jsut doesn't have enough scoring to win. Except for David West their crunch time scoring is basically zero.

All of this is no dig on the Heat and their potential title, they have the best team. They play great defense and they shoot the lights out. LeBron is orchestrating the game like rarely seen before. Their offense is like clockwork. They are head and shoulders above the rest of the league. It is a cakewalk because the Heat are so good. Best player in the game, 2 all-stars, great role-players, great defense, well prepared team = championship.

justinnum1
04-21-2013, 11:03 AM
Heat fans get mad when you praise them and they get mad when you criticise them.

Personally, I don't feel anyone can beat the Heat this season. OKC really just looks like Heat-lite. Similar and not as good as the Heat. The Spurs can't last the whole playoffs. They look like they are on fumes already.

Memphis needs another piece, a Shane Battier type. Someone who plays good perimeter defense and knock down the three ball.

Denver isn't ready yet. They probably another season or two. Clippers are a farce IMO. The big men are good for dunks, but don't really bring the toughness. You can't trust team whose success is based on whether Jamal Crawford can makes shots or not.

The East is a clusterfcuk. NY is the best team apart from the Heat. And their success is dependent on jump shooting. Chicago without DRose is playoff road kill. Brooklyn is a darkhorse, but they need another big man. Should have signed Kenyon Martin when they had the chance. Also Miami destroyed Brooklyn in the head to head in the regular season. Miami was the hammer and Brooklyn were the nail.

Boston is a old and just holding on for it's last breath. It was a good era while it lasted, time to rebuild Boston.

Indiana jsut doesn't have enough scoring to win. Except for David West their crunch time scoring is basically zero.

All of this is no dig on the Heat and their potential title, they have the best team. They play great defense and they shoot the lights out. LeBron is orchestrating the game like rarely seen before. Their offense is like clockwork. They are head and shoulders above the rest of the league. It is a cakewalk because the Heat are so good. Best player in the game, 2 all-stars, great role-players, great defense, well prepared team = championship.
:clap:

RocketLoc80
04-21-2013, 11:16 AM
I can`t get over the fools on crack who said Raymond Felton is better than Mario Chalmers

Hawkeye15
04-21-2013, 11:31 AM

like Kobe, Bird, Magic, and Duncan?

Chronz
04-21-2013, 12:48 PM
Those "owners" you refer to don't also double as the commissioner of the NBA. Total 100% conflict of interest. The commissioner of the NBA shouldn't be allowed to act as the owner of any team just as the president of the US shouldn't be allowed to act as the CEO of a major corporation just as an NBA player or official shouldn't be allowed to bet on games.
Of course its a conflict of interest, PJ called it when the league rescued them, it was an extreme measure to save a team and in the long run it paid off. Not only did they save the team but the Hornets now are in a better position than before, having the top bigman prospect in a league devoid of them.

Fair enough.

Showing me 1 teams path when your claim holds ALL-TIME significance isnt enough. Its a big task, but when you start talking about ALL-TIME significance, you better substantiate the All-Time bit.

Finals: Heat vs. OKC: Pretty hard to argue that OKC won't make it through the west, so with that said, OKC is surely a lesser team than they were last year after they lost Harden.
Based on what tho? All signs point to them being better.

Strong points all around.
The problem is, some of us put more stock in the eventual Finals competitor than the road to get there. I dont doubt the East should be overwhelmed, teams can cause matchup problems but by all objective measures, the Heat have the edge in Talent to overcome that. But whoever gets to the Finals, will represent a greater challenge than most years. If the Heat truly are good enough to mop the floor with teams, they will have a historic run this year.

Chronz
04-21-2013, 01:13 PM
You are arguing a point based on an outcome you have previous knowledge about.
Well yea, having actual knowledge of what transpired and why, is pretty advantageous for me.

I'm talking about the Heats odds before the start of the playoffs. If you looked at that 2001 Laker team, there is no way you would have thought that they had a cake walk to the title. The 2001 Spurs won 58 games to the Lakers 56 and were considered the favorites to win it all according to certain experts.
Yeah your barometer for toughness is unpredictability based on your admittedly limited insight of Vegas odds to start the playoffs. That's not sufficient for people who have actual knowledge of the events that transpired. It would be like me pointing to the Lakers odds of winning the title to START the year and using that as my reasoning for their shortcomings this year. Why ignore relevant context? I understand the need for projecting the Heat, but some of us value competition at the top more than the scrub teams that those teams should beat.

Don't quite remember the vegas odds, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had the Spurs as favorites as well. No to mention that the Kings won 55 games that year...only one less than the Lakers. The next best team in the east are the Knicks who won 12 less games than the Heat. I know that they won 54 which is only one less than the 2001 Kings, but that was 55 west wins compared to 54 east wins which should account for a lot if properly handicapped. You can bring up OKC all you want, but even they won 6 less games than the Heat did. No team is a match for the Heat compared to the Spurs who could have been a match for the Lakers had they not caught fire.
Yea but you yourself have admitted to discounting wins based on conference strength. Thats why we have better barometers based on efficiency and strength of opposition. How can you use wins as a barometer in one argument, yet completely ignore it when assuring that the Thunder are weaker? I can see why but you have to be consistent.

Jordan never had as much help as Lebron in terms of having 2 additional hall of fame players of Wade and Bosh's caliber at his side, nor did he have 5 additional 3pt snipers on his roster who could shoot over 40% from 3. Jordan also in all his championship runs did not have such a great disparity of talent in his favor in terms of the teams he faced. This is literally Varsity vs. JV. Jordan never had such an overwhelming advantage in vegas odds to win it all pre playoffs.
Bron plays with better teammates in a stronger league tho. MJ played in a league where all the comparable stars played with inferior casts, Ill get back to this once I accumulate all the numbers to back this.

Chronz
04-21-2013, 01:20 PM
LOL @ Felton better than Mario Chalmers?!! You must be on crack

All that and this is the best you could muster? Nitpicking something hes prolly right about?

Chronz
04-21-2013, 02:57 PM
Why is everyone so butt hurt about the HEAT being good?
If they are as good as the OP seems to think then we are in for a truly historic run. Greatness of that level will always attract animosity, someone to discount it.

Novak43
04-21-2013, 03:46 PM
Knicks beat Miami 3 out of 4 this year, the only less coming on an epic comeback by the Heat. I would caution against Miami fans getting overconfident about that potential series.

topdog
04-21-2013, 10:51 PM
1. This is why the regular season matter - the Heat avoid having to deal with their most difficult opponents by locking up the #1 seed

2. The Pacers say "hey." I get that Bosh was injured for much of the series last year, but Indiana hasn't exactly been trampled underfoot when they've played the Heat.

3. Is a Lakers fan really crying about a "super team?" Sour grapes after an injury to Kobe and a disappointing season from the top center in the league, a high-caliber PF, a top 5 SG and one of the best shooters (and a heck of a passer) in league history.

RocketLoc80
04-22-2013, 03:05 AM
All that and this is the best you could muster? Nitpicking something hes prolly right about?

Chalmers was big in the playoffs the past couple years especially last year while Felton was being a lard *** the past couple of years on the Nuggets and Blazers. So how does that equate to Felton being better than Chalmers what numbers support this crap?

JJ_JKidd
04-22-2013, 03:52 AM
OKC not as strong?

Durant is just a taller version of Jamaal Crawford. Dude cant and will never win a Chip unless he does a Lebron and coalesce with some other stars.

Clearly, his pairing with bonehead Westbrick wont do him anything good.

KingstonHawke
04-22-2013, 04:53 AM
Maybe I'm crazy, but I think that the Pacers are going to give the Heat real issues. They've got a 7'2 center, one of the best defenders/athletes at SF. Vets, young legs, proven scorers, and an inside out game. And after last year their confidence has to be huge.

And FYI, the Thunder are better this year. Durant, Westbrook and Ibaka have all improved. They are a lot deeper. And Martin isn't a drop off at all in terms or ability to play the role that the Thunder needed Harden to play.

DumDum
04-22-2013, 04:56 AM
It's the rest of the leagues fault why are they not getting better and overpaying for "Decent talent"

ewing
04-22-2013, 09:25 AM
Why is everyone so butt hurt about the HEAT being good? Is it jealousy maybe, is it fear that they might play their team on the road to their second championship, or is is just that thought that as long as the HEAT are cementing their dynasty status , their teams will basically be irrelevant.

Relax people, they didn't win it yet, in fact it looks to me that all the haters are more confident than a lot of us, HEAT fans and people who can emotionally detach themselves from the game, that they're going to win it.

I can't believe that so many of you fault an organization who only did a great job in putting together a team that is talented, disciplined and fun to watch , a team that re energized the league. They're not the only team with talent in this league, there's also multiple teams with all stars, hall of famers , who all stand a chance to win.

B/c your 2 stars are phoney hollywood clowns. B/c you're superstar predicted 7 titles. B/c you're fans still wear those gay white witness t-shirts like its a P-Diddy party or something. Its not just b/c the Heat are good, its b/c they are good and annoying

Big Zo
04-22-2013, 01:26 PM
B/c your 2 stars are phoney hollywood clowns. B/c you're superstar predicted 7 titles. B/c you're fans still wear those gay white witness t-shirts like its a P-Diddy party or something. Its not just b/c the Heat are good, its b/c they are good and annoying

This little fella is what you call "mad."

ewing
04-22-2013, 01:30 PM
This little fella is what you call "mad."

Just telling it like it is.

ryang
04-22-2013, 01:44 PM
Those shirts were on the seats just in case you didn't know. We're annoying? Very true most teams like the Yankees , lakers etc etc have annoying fan bases. It's called winning.

Big Zo
04-22-2013, 01:46 PM
Just telling it like it is.

Did you burn your LeBron Knicks jersey when you found out he wasn't coming?

mngopher35
04-22-2013, 01:48 PM
Durant is just a taller version of Jamaal Crawford. Dude cant and will never win a Chip unless he does a Lebron and coalesce with some other stars.

Clearly, his pairing with bonehead Westbrick wont do him anything good.

Was this serious? You don't actually believe that do you?

ryang
04-22-2013, 01:48 PM
People still talk about what Lebron said inside the aaa to heat fans? Lmao. The bucks said they'd beat us in 6. God I hate them. Ignorant team predicting that. Oh wait I could care less what any other teams players has to say.

ryang
04-22-2013, 01:50 PM

Ha. You know they all had one to. You could hear it every time Lebron came to MSG and dumped 50 on the Knicks. They loved losing to lebron

JLynn943
04-22-2013, 01:52 PM
Maybe I'm crazy, but I think that the Pacers are going to give the Heat real issues. They've got a 7'2 center, one of the best defenders/athletes at SF. Vets, young legs, proven scorers, and an inside out game. And after last year their confidence has to be huge.

And FYI, the Thunder are better this year. Durant, Westbrook and Ibaka have all improved. They are a lot deeper. And Martin isn't a drop off at all in terms or ability to play the role that the Thunder needed Harden to play.

agreed on all points.

Big Zo
04-22-2013, 01:57 PM
Ha. You know they all had one to. You could hear it every time Lebron came to MSG and dumped 50 on the Knicks. They loved losing to lebron

And yet they claim to be the greatest fans in the world. : /

TeamSeattle
04-22-2013, 02:03 PM
And yet they claim to be the greatest fans in the world. : /

We still are. NY fans burning Lebron's jersey, wtf you heat fans smoking.

ryang
04-22-2013, 02:06 PM
You did cheer for an opposing player as he torched your team in hopes he comes to you as a free agent. Not sure if you call that a great fan base. I guess you can pull the desperation card if you'd like but that was pita full.

ewing
04-22-2013, 02:06 PM

No. I admit i would have loved him if he came here b/c he would have given my team a great chance of winning it all. I don't blame you for loving him, you should. What i don't understand why Heat fans get all mad b/c everyone doesn't love him. I'll admit LeBron is the best player in the game and will go down as one of if not the greatest player of all time but that doesn't mean i should root for him. I'm not required to like him b/c he is good- no one is. I rooted against Zo b/c he was our rival but i always respected and enjoyed watching him play. I disliked the Heat but did like some of there key guys. LeBron on the other hand consistently comes off phoney and contrived IMO hence i don't only root against your team i root for him to fail personally. Put a knick jersey on him and that changes

ryang
04-22-2013, 02:10 PM
Wow a knick fan speaking the truth. I could care less who likes him as long as he keeps his heat jersey on. Knick fans should hate Lebron. I'd hate him if he jersey said New York. But all these people talking about our fan base is laughable. I love my teams and if we have a bad fan base to you I could care less. I enjoy every game and every win and the rest of my fan base has no effect on that.

bucketss
04-22-2013, 02:13 PM

idk lol, they were short handed against them, they had to resort to battier sticking west and they still lost. also hibbert maybe 7'2 but he plays like hes 6'9.

Big Zo
04-22-2013, 02:18 PM
No. I admit i would have loved him if he came here b/c he would have given my team a great chance of winning it all. I don't blame you for loving him, you should. What i don't understand why Heat fans get all mad b/c everyone doesn't love him. I'll admit LeBron is the best player in the game and will go down as one of if not the greatest player of all time but that doesn't mean i should root for him. I'm not required to like him b/c he is good- no one is. I rooted against Zo b/c he was our rival but i always respected and enjoyed watching him play. I disliked the Heat but did like some of there key guys. LeBron on the other hand consistently comes off phoney and contrived IMO hence i don't only root against your team i rooted for him to fail personally.

Rooting for someone you don't know to fail, is pathetic. Understand if you want their team to fail, but come on. Get a life.

ewing
04-22-2013, 02:22 PM
Rooting for someone you don't know to fail, is pathetic. Understand if you want their team to fail, but come on. Get a life.

No. If i don't like you as a player I will enjoy watching you fail as a player. That's part of being a fan. I'm not rooting for him to get shot in a home invasion or anything.

ryang
04-22-2013, 02:24 PM
The pacers lol? Okc is better? Lol. News flash we are better as well. Okc is not. And a pacers team without granger is not better and bosh is not hurt right now so not sure what your smoking. I'm not saying were a lock for the title but your reasoning is ********. The Knicks have a better shot then the pacers by a long shot (in terms of one on one matchup with the heat).

ewing
04-22-2013, 02:35 PM
The pacers lol? Okc is better? Lol. News flash we are better as well. Okc is not. And a pacers team without granger is not better and bosh is not hurt right now so not sure what your smoking. I'm not saying were a lock for the title but your reasoning is ********. The Knicks have a better shot then the pacers by a long shot (in terms of one on one matchup with the heat).

Our match up is interesting. Shane and Bron are both players that seem to be type of defenders that could force Melo into tough shots still he seem to play well against them especially against Battier. Melo will have to be all world for us to push you guys but i do think it could happen

Jewelz0376
04-22-2013, 03:01 PM

BS

I would imagine that most people have players they don't like (as players) for whatever reason..Either they think they are chuckers, too cocky, treat teammates/fans bad, etc... So most likely your going to root for the player too lose at some point...

If your honestly going to sit up here and say there has never been a player you didn't like (as a player) that you rooted against ima call that bs

Now if you hoping they get hurt or something bad happens in their personal life then yes that is def pathetic...but to hope a player loses a game is far from pathetic...

youngMan
04-22-2013, 03:16 PM
LOL when they match up with the Knicks I think it will be more interesting then anyone thinks probably beside Knick fans.

DirkDiggler6
04-22-2013, 04:17 PM

:laugh:

Guppyfighter
04-22-2013, 06:04 PM
Yeah, that's actually a really funny comment. Even outside the best defender of all time at that position (pippen) his teams were ****ing stacked.

Try watching the game, Amoser.

Novak43
04-22-2013, 09:49 PM
Knicks beat Miami in 6.