PDA

View Full Version : Which "Stars" or vital players will go ghost these playoffs?

Chronz
04-18-2013, 09:13 PM
As a Clippers fan, Im really worried about Crawford. Hes struggled in both of his playoff appearances, and DJ sucked last year.

Any guys on your team or others you have taken notice of?

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-18-2013, 09:17 PM
Well,

David Lee has never been so I will be watching him. A lot of guys butt holes pucker up this time of year.

I am worried about Pau. The last two years he has gone MIA. He has been playing much better lately but he was playing well the last two regular seasons before the playoffs started so we'll see.

Chronz
04-18-2013, 09:20 PM
Pau is a solid choice, Im half expecting him to shoot 40%

Hawkeye15
04-18-2013, 10:01 PM
Harden is my pick. Criticize me all you want, I see him trying to play hero ball against his ex-team, and McHale never tightens the reigns on him when he decides to have one of those 4-19, "I WILL score 25" nights.

Hellcrooner
04-18-2013, 10:06 PM

as long as that 40% means 17 points and he adds 12 rebounds and 8 asists, whatever

:rolleyes:

bucketss
04-18-2013, 10:09 PM
carmelo anthony

FOBolous
04-18-2013, 10:10 PM
Harden is my pick. Criticize me all you want, I see him trying to play hero ball against his ex-team, and McHale never tightens the reigns on him when he decides to have one of those 4-19, "I WILL score 25" nights.

as a rockets fan, I share your concern.

Gators123
04-18-2013, 10:11 PM
Zach Randolph

JLynn943
04-18-2013, 10:14 PM
Blake Griffin was pretty much invisible against the Kings yesterday. Haven't read any reports, but if he did strain his back and that's the effect, he may have a rough time in the playoffs.

Chronz
04-18-2013, 10:16 PM
as long as that 40% means 17 points and he adds 12 rebounds and 8 asists, whatever

:rolleyes:

Well if he had done that in the past that would be a helluva way to make up for it, but hes gone ghost the last 2 runs. At ths point, I would just hope he stops getting lit up defensively.

Blake Griffin was pretty much invisible against the Kings yesterday. Haven't read any reports, but if he did strain his back and that's the effect, he may have a rough time in the playoffs.

Hes had games like that all year, but injuries are at least understandable. Its when relatively healthy players go ghost that I would be worried/embarrassed.

VCaintdead17
04-18-2013, 10:23 PM

This is definitely plausible.

VCaintdead17
04-18-2013, 10:25 PM
I could see Paul George trying way too hard offensively, committing silly turnovers and forcing bad shots early in the shot clock. Oh wait, he already does that.

lamzoka
04-18-2013, 10:28 PM
Jr smith was a ghost for us last year

D-Leethal
04-18-2013, 10:39 PM
Brook Lopez is going to have some awful, awful things done to him by Joakim Noah.

beasted86
04-18-2013, 11:01 PM
I'm going with Klay Thompson and Paul George.

beasted86
04-18-2013, 11:06 PM
To add..... I don't consider Jeremy Lin in this category of "vital" or a star, but if he counts, he's actually at the top of the list of guys who will disappear.

DreamShaker
04-18-2013, 11:11 PM

You cut me to the core, Hawk. But you might be right. He also might go crazy and will them to a few victories. But he worries me.

DreamShaker
04-18-2013, 11:15 PM
To add..... I don't consider Jeremy Lin in this category of "vital" or a star, but if he counts, he's actually at the top of the list of guys who will disappear.

Funny thing is he may not have a chance. Patrick Beverly is slowly but surely Sam Casselling his minutes (94 Rockets reference where the coach starts trusting the back up more).

PacersForLife
04-18-2013, 11:18 PM
Paul George and James Harden.

Really hope Paul proves me wrong.

DirkDiggler6
04-18-2013, 11:18 PM
Harden and melo

WARRIORS@GR
04-18-2013, 11:34 PM
Steve Blake is a vital player,so i'd say him,

DreamShaker
04-18-2013, 11:41 PM
My top 5 potential Caspers would be:

Pau: Sorry, Crooner, he has a history.

Randolph: Starting to agree he is on the decline.

Klay Thompson: Iggy.

KG: I just think he is running on fumes.

Joe Johnson: Sorry, DMF.

JasonJohnHorn
04-19-2013, 12:08 AM
I honestly don't expect much out of Rondo, Kobe or Rose this post season, and for some reason, I think Granger will not even score a basket.

Seriously... how frustrating is it as a fan to see so many great players sitting on the sidelines for the playoffs? This is a bummer.

SugeKnight
04-19-2013, 12:37 AM
Not sure what to expect from the entire Warriors team since the majority of them are playoff virgins. I don't think anyone on the team has gone past the second round, except Jefferson who isn't in the rotation

lol, please
04-19-2013, 12:39 AM
Griffin, Lebron, Pau, Dwight, Nash, MWP, Melo, Lin, Harden, and Paul.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-19-2013, 12:39 AM
Bosh will be bad for a series or 2. Wade will be bad in a series as well.

lol, please
04-19-2013, 12:40 AM

And this. :laugh2:

Mell413
04-19-2013, 12:48 AM
If boozer counts id say him. Hope I'm wrong though.

Blitzace137
04-19-2013, 01:09 AM

Maybe, Westbrook is a tough match up but Lin is a "vital" piece to the Rockets team I don't see how you can argue that point, 13.5 and 6 assist is a "vital" piece to that team if they want to have any chance of winning.

Blitzace137
04-19-2013, 01:11 AM
curious to see what J.R. does he was a no show last season. As far as other teams go I'm going with J Smoove. I wanna see what Joe Johnson does as well with a new team.

YoungOne
04-19-2013, 01:20 AM
I'm concerned about every player on our roster..

Iggz53
04-19-2013, 01:21 AM
Pretty worried about Boozer tbh

Sadds The Gr8
04-19-2013, 03:59 AM
I think JR completely vanishes. Dont trust him as a 2nd option

5ass
04-19-2013, 04:31 AM
I was thinking about if crawford is going to show up in the playoffs when he was hitting those late shots against the kings. Hes definately a question mark.
Pau i think plays great. Him and dwight are going to destroy OKCs big men, but theyre still going to lose.
I can see curry getting cold.
Sanders will have one great game and will be ejected or fouls out too quickly.
Nate robinson and hinrich will sink the bulls.
Lin will sink the rockets. Westy is going to kill him.

5ass
04-19-2013, 04:36 AM
Kevin Martin is another player

stawka
04-19-2013, 05:36 AM
Harden will either **** the Rockets up, or he will SERIOUSLY **** the Thunder up. I don't think his numbers will be like the regular season. He will either go HAM, or go into "Kobe against '04 Detroit" mode

Jamal Crawford is a good choice, always liked him and hope he comes good though

I also think Brandon Jennings will have a stinker

stawka
04-19-2013, 05:53 AM
Kevin Martin, good call. Forgot about him

TheTreys
04-19-2013, 06:53 AM
Bosh, maybe George, Josh Smith, Harden n westbrook

STA_PLAR
04-19-2013, 06:58 AM
PLAYOFFS!

I don't care I just want the games to begin lol

JiffyMix88
04-19-2013, 07:58 AM
Brook Lopez, Deron Williams and Joe Johnson but it'll be more of the Bulls than them.

iTweety
04-19-2013, 08:14 AM
Little worried about David Lee, but I think Josh Smith will not even show up

kblo247
04-19-2013, 08:42 AM
James Harden - he was awful vs LA and Miami last playoffs just went unnoticed, and he's going to chuck it up to prove a point, which he likely will that Westbrook was the better player to keep long term on both ends

Andre Iguodala - I see him not doing anything in a half court set and the hype going n away like when LA forced Afflalo to try to make plays last postseason and Denver cut ties when the blinders came off, as Jackson should force him to make the plays and shots to beat GS.

Tim Duncan - yes I'm going there. He's facing size and no matter how much of a great season he's had the last couple years or how well the team plays and contributes for Pop, the fact is when its counted hes been manhandled inside. Odom and Pau did it, Marc and Zach did it, Amare and Robin did it, Serge and Perk did it, and Dwight and Pau will do it because Pop won't rely on splitter like he should as he always falls in love with Bonner who get destroyed

Manu - oh he's healthy, he's healed, he still got it... Heard it all before but he hasn't had it since 07 when they needed it. He's not got to be GINOBILI, just plain old Manu and this whole sitting him thing will build up an excuse of rust. Heck I'd place money on him hurting himself in the first two games.

Raymond Felton - well he's a star in his own world, and honestly I expect him to **** the bed in the playoffs and to see Kidd finishing games

Chris Paul - they will need him to score and he won't do it. Mark my words it will be like the hornets all over again, as Conley is much better now, much more confident. It's going to be a dog fight and Paul ain't got the balls to go Isiah when it counts and everything is on the line in the real season, he will just keep passing it,

BK Big 3 - I'm just picking them all because all will be exposed and how overpaid they each are will be talked about by the media once Thibs gets thru with them

Jennings - think he plays his way completely off the team

That's my 10.

* HM - Nash but I'm not even sure he will play, in fact I truly hope he won't because Parker will murder him and LAs chances

MILLERHIGHLIFE
04-19-2013, 09:12 AM
Ellis, Jennings, Redick all in a contract year. Could see any of them stinking it up or trying to hard and forcing shots.

Jesse2272
04-19-2013, 09:25 AM
JR Spliff:smoking:

King Melo

are not going ghost

book it

MELO 15
04-19-2013, 09:26 AM
Jr smith was a ghost for us last year

Different JR this year

DallasTrilla23
04-19-2013, 09:34 AM
Blake griffin. When the game slows down he has trouble scoring and I don't think he'll get many lobs all series against the grizzlies

Shawn2timer
04-19-2013, 09:38 AM
JR? Would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about which JR shows up

nycericanguy
04-19-2013, 09:40 AM
Harden is an interesting choice, he gets to the FT more than anyone so he'll always get his points, but he shot 39% the last 2 months of the year.

George also struggled offensively, without Granger he's going to be asked to carry a load that i'm not sure he's capable of.

JR also, he was disgusting in a bad way against MIA last year, I hope he keeps attacking the rim, that's whats made him into an all star type player the last 2 months, really worried he reverts to chuck 20 footers mode.

RaJAxTWa
04-19-2013, 10:08 AM
Tracy McGrady but on a more serious note...As a nets fan, Deron Williams

Hawkeye15
04-19-2013, 10:13 AM
You cut me to the core, Hawk. But you might be right. He also might go crazy and will them to a few victories. But he worries me.

Living in Houston, with the Rox as my local team (not my favorite, but I like them), I hope he goes wild. I am just concerned this is a bad round 1 matchup for him mentally.

beasted86
04-19-2013, 10:16 AM
Maybe, Westbrook is a tough match up but Lin is a "vital" piece to the Rockets team I don't see how you can argue that point, 13.5 and 6 assist is a "vital" piece to that team if they want to have any chance of winning.

Not in my opinion. I feel that Lin can have a below average series and others can pick up the slack. They can still win if Harden, Parsons, Asik, and to some extent even Aaron Brooks all step up. It can make Lin just an added bonus, not a "vital" piece.

Hawkeye15
04-19-2013, 10:19 AM
Not in my opinion. I feel that Lin can have a below average series and others can pick up the slack. They can still win if Harden, Parsons, Asik, and to some extent even Aaron Brooks all step up. It can make Lin just an added bonus, not a "vital" piece.

the Lin/Beverly tandem does need to play above it's head to even have a remote shot, as does their PF duo of Smith/TJ.

JiffyMix88
04-19-2013, 10:25 AM
I'm worried about Deng not playing up to par offensively

kdspurman
04-19-2013, 10:33 AM
James Harden - he was awful vs LA and Miami last playoffs just went unnoticed, and he's going to chuck it up to prove a point, which he likely will that Westbrook was the better player to keep long term on both ends

Andre Iguodala - I see him not doing anything in a half court set and the hype going n away like when LA forced Afflalo to try to make plays last postseason and Denver cut ties when the blinders came off, as Jackson should force him to make the plays and shots to beat GS.

Tim Duncan - yes I'm going there. He's facing size and no matter how much of a great season he's had the last couple years or how well the team plays and contributes for Pop, the fact is when its counted hes been manhandled inside. Odom and Pau did it, Marc and Zach did it, Amare and Robin did it, Serge and Perk did it, and Dwight and Pau will do it because Pop won't rely on splitter like he should as he always falls in love with Bonner who get destroyed

Manu - oh he's healthy, he's healed, he still got it... Heard it all before but he hasn't had it since 07 when they needed it. He's not got to be GINOBILI, just plain old Manu and this whole sitting him thing will build up an excuse of rust. Heck I'd place money on him hurting himself in the first two games.

Raymond Felton - well he's a star in his own world, and honestly I expect him to **** the bed in the playoffs and to see Kidd finishing games

Chris Paul - they will need him to score and he won't do it. Mark my words it will be like the hornets all over again, as Conley is much better now, much more confident. It's going to be a dog fight and Paul ain't got the balls to go Isiah when it counts and everything is on the line in the real season, he will just keep passing it,

BK Big 3 - I'm just picking them all because all will be exposed and how overpaid they each are will be talked about by the media once Thibs gets thru with them

Jennings - think he plays his way completely off the team

That's my 10.

* HM - Nash but I'm not even sure he will play, in fact I truly hope he won't because Parker will murder him and LAs chances

Are you serious?? :laugh: ... Look at Duncan's #'s vs the Grizz, vs Amare's Suns, OKC last year, etc... (and your lakers from the early 2000's that he played in for that matter)

And regarding Manu, how about instead of money, instead if he doesn't get injured in game 1 or 2, you just delete your account.

b@llhog24
04-19-2013, 10:39 AM
Harden won't disappear per say, he gets to the foul line to much to ever be a legit candidate for "going ghost" I could see him shooting poorly from the field though. I also don't see Pau disappearing as he'll be getting a shitload of touches since Kobe is out. Also Boozer only really plays bad in the playoffs when he's faced with length + mobility.

As for the thread: BG, Crawford, Klay, I'm not sure what Zbo and Melo are gonna do, Gforce, Lance Stephenson and JR.

yungincome
04-19-2013, 11:02 AM
John Starks.............Oh wait

NYJ - NYY
04-19-2013, 11:47 AM
pretty sure melo always shows up in the playoffs just could never get over the hump doesnt mean he didnt play well... didnt do research but isnt he averaging 27ppg in the playoffs? and he was the only reason NYK even won one last year... have all faith in melo but the other on the team need to step up... i truly expect jr to continue his all star play... felton and everyone else needs to show up with NY pride!!

LETS GO KNICKS!!!!!!

Chronz
04-19-2013, 11:52 AM
James Harden - he was awful vs LA

Wait what?

Chronz
04-19-2013, 11:54 AM
pretty sure melo always shows up in the playoffs
You would be mistaken. But that was a long time ago, Melo has grown since then.

NYJ - NYY
04-19-2013, 12:08 PM
You would be mistaken. But that was a long time ago, Melo has grown since then.

i was meaning his time in NY...i know his struggles in Denver but his time in NY (in the playoffs) he has had a TERRRRRRRRIBLE supporting cast (i only mean in the playoffs with mike bibby and what not) but still put up strong numbers... this year will be different i got a feelin

MrfadeawayJB
04-19-2013, 12:31 PM
Harden: He will get his numbers from the ft line but he will have low fg% and turnovers

Lin: High turnover numbers

Blake: I think Pau and Dwight will be solid but Steve Blake will be particularly awful on defense and too tired to hit open shots

Iggy: I agree with others he will struggle in the half court game

Kevin Martin: will fail to be the spark off the bench and will pass up too many shots

Jennings: Too many bad shots, poor fg%. I think Monta has a good series though

spurs supporting cast: do they get enough out of them?

Deandre Jordan, Lamar Odom: I think foul trouble and poor play hurt them

Blake Griffin: If Grizz keep him from fast break dunks, his fg% should be low. I have a feeling he will get to the ft line

Boozer and Robinson: Boozer will shrink, and Robinson will take ill advised shots at times

Lopez: He gets beat up by Noah

ZBO: I know he struggles against the athletes that LAC has, so hopefully his numbers go down but its because he is making the correct decision and passes

Blitzace137
04-19-2013, 02:41 PM

Completely disagree If you saw the Rockets play on a consistent basis you would see this team goes when Lin goes. He is a "vital" piece even James Harden acknowledged this. Harden is there star but Lin's playmaking gets everyone else going. A guy like Mario Chalmers performing well is a added bonus for example, Lin on the other hand is a vital piece if the Rockets want to win, without a question. Him and Harden needs to have a great series for the Rockets to have any shot of winning the series. When that backcourt scores 40+ it usually leads to wins.

tp13baby
04-19-2013, 02:52 PM
Jeremy Lin will have no success against Westbrook.

sep11ie
04-19-2013, 02:55 PM
Gotta go with Harden, unfortunately, but I also see just the opposite from Parsons. This may be his coming out party.

Hawkeye15
04-19-2013, 03:02 PM
Gotta go with Harden, unfortunately, but I also see just the opposite from Parsons. This may be his coming out party.

I think Parsons will be really good. He doesn't force anything, and just lets things come to him.

sep11ie
04-19-2013, 03:06 PM
The dude has ice running through his veins too.

Blitzace137
04-19-2013, 03:11 PM

Parsons might have a big series since the defense will be concentrated on Harden and Lin.

DreamShaker
04-19-2013, 04:16 PM
Parsons might have a big series since the defense will be concentrated on Harden and Lin.

Yup. I also think some people who havent watched the Rockets will be surprised to see Garcia is, indeed, still in the NBA and playing well.

lamzoka
04-19-2013, 07:06 PM
Different JR this year

i hope so

DallasTrilla23
04-19-2013, 07:30 PM
Yup. I also think some people who havent watched the Rockets will be surprised to see Garcia is, indeed, still in the NBA and playing well.

I hate that guy, he lit us up the last couple of times we faced houston. He always drops 40 on me in NBA 2K13 too.

Cal827
04-19-2013, 07:58 PM
Kobe Bryant

Vinylman
04-19-2013, 08:12 PM

you expect him to shoot that well? In the last two games without kobe he is 10/34... that's less than 30%

I hope he shoots 40% maybe then my lakers have a chance

kblo247
04-19-2013, 08:41 PM
I think Parsons will be really good. He doesn't force anything, and just lets things come to him.
I keep getting this feeling the refs will treat him with kid gloves vs KD. You can't rough him up if your name isn't Metta, Bron, Iguodala, sadly and I expect KD to flail his way to the ft line a lot

Kashmir13579
04-19-2013, 08:47 PM
Deron Williams..

kblo247
Wait what?

I said he was awful ... He got to the line but he wasnt a great offensive or defensive spark at all vs LA. It was the prelude to Miami as Metta and Kobe made him a inefficent chucker sitting on his left

He shot 35.8% from the field, 25% from three, and was god awful defending Kobe period or Metta in the post when they tried to hide him. He just lived on the line as Barnes had a bad habit of hacking him when Kobe and Metta were off him,mand refs gave him **** for flopping into bynum. Metta shot better than Harden that series while actually playing defense. It was a prelude of what Miami would do him, the key difference being Jesus can't draw fouls on wade and Bron in the refs eyes

So yes anyone who actually got pass the hype saw he struggles in halfcourt sets vs guys who actually want to defend him. Heck Metta shut him off in the second quarter of the last game of the season and that game is how the playoffs are, grind it out, and without the flopping calls where he dives into a big and acts like he was shot (Dwight didnt get called for them) he's not special at all ... In fact I will be blunt, Mchale should bench him at times when he dribbles the clock down like he was for 10 seconds and not going anywhere then passing it to protect his percentages

Kashmir13579
i hope so

JRs going off for 40 at some point..

kblo247
04-19-2013, 08:57 PM
Are you serious?? :laugh: ... Look at Duncan's #'s vs the Grizz, vs Amare's Suns, OKC last year, etc... (and your lakers from the early 2000's that he played in for that matter)

And regarding Manu, how about instead of money, instead if he doesn't get injured in game 1 or 2, you just delete your account.

It wasnt an indictment on Tim as much as Pop. Young Tim could handle the front courts over a series and anchor a D without a problem. He's too old to maintain that same effort throughout a whole game, and Pop is to blame with his infatuation with playing bonner in the playoffs trying to recreate Horry without half the D. Pop won't play splitter primarily as the other big, he just won't and Tim will be overwhelmed giving up rebounds and second chances. It's how the spurs have been dominated. It's why they have been out out in 5, lost as 1 to 8 with hca throughout, been swept as Dragic ran wild, and got backdoor swept by OKC. No amount of minute management makes up for the fact that they haven't found a second big who can mix it up in playoff ball since Horry wore down and retired.

As for Manu, he's a walking injury. Short of his minutes being managed he's going to get hurt. He always gets hurt. N the way he was sucking wind the other day just makes it more likely

likemystylez
04-19-2013, 09:12 PM

If steve Blake is a vital player on your team, you have bigger things to worry about than which players "will go ghost" on your team.

kblo247
04-19-2013, 09:26 PM
If steve Blake is a vital player on your team, you have bigger things to worry about than which players "will go ghost" on your team.

How many times must I tell you people

http://i47.tinypic.com/2zovoxx.jpg

Chronz
04-19-2013, 09:37 PM
Harden seems to be hot choice, if it comes to pass, I will change my mind about he and Tmac being equals during their Rocket tenure.

I really want to see Curry and the chuckers in Milwaukee.

DenButsu
04-19-2013, 10:07 PM
For the Nuggets my main concerns are in the front court. Koufos has been playing pretty badly lately, and in both his playoff outings with Denver he pretty much completely disappeared. The Nuggets are really going to need a solid rebounding performance from him, and he'll need to play w/ more confidence & aggression than he's show in past postseasons.

JaVale McGee. Never know which version you'll get, the good or the bad. Denver will need him to be about 70% good, though, at least.

Kenneth Faried may miss game one w/ his ankle sprain. If he can't return in full health, with his hops and speed, I could see him withering. It happens to him sometimes when he gets into foul trouble and the game gets into his head a little. He'll need to bring all of his mental and physical toughness to bear.

NYG+Braves
04-19-2013, 10:10 PM
The whole Knicks team. With all the emotions in Boston right now. I think Boston upsets the knicks in 7. I truly think Boston wins this series. Its just a gut feeling...

KniCks4LiFe
04-19-2013, 10:22 PM
Harden seems to be hot choice, if it comes to pass, I will change my mind about he and Tmac being equals during their Rocket tenure.

I really want to see Curry and the chuckers in Milwaukee.

you know what I'll go w/ Lin and Westbrook. Westbrook goes into that mode and IDK how Lin reacts to playoff ball, also add Ibaka via Asik.

I see Jennings getting shut down for Milwaukee. Bron' is pissed.

chicagocubsfan
04-19-2013, 10:29 PM
Brook Lopez

KniCks4LiFe
04-19-2013, 10:34 PM
Brook Lopez

nah, I think he lights Chicago up. Joe Johnson maybe.

kdspurman
04-19-2013, 10:35 PM
It wasnt an indictment on Tim as much as Pop. Young Tim could handle the front courts over a series and anchor a D without a problem. He's too old to maintain that same effort throughout a whole game, and Pop is to blame with his infatuation with playing bonner in the playoffs trying to recreate Horry without half the D. Pop won't play splitter primarily as the other big, he just won't and Tim will be overwhelmed giving up rebounds and second chances. It's how the spurs have been dominated. It's why they have been out out in 5, lost as 1 to 8 with hca throughout, been swept as Dragic ran wild, and got backdoor swept by OKC. No amount of minute management makes up for the fact that they haven't found a second big who can mix it up in playoff ball since Horry wore down and retired.

As for Manu, he's a walking injury. Short of his minutes being managed he's going to get hurt. He always gets hurt. N the way he was sucking wind the other day just makes it more likely

you haven't watched much this year as Duncan & Splitter have been starting together and Splitter gets most minutes along side Tim. The defensive numbers reflect that. Not to mention Kawhi Leonard is a really good rebounder as well. You're living in the past, I guess you'll see soon enough. btw, Bonner hardly saw any minutes last year in the playoffs, so while that was true in previous years and the lesson was learned in 11 vs Memphis, he clearly went away from that last year. It was mostly Duncan/Diaw/Splitter. Against OKC they went small often to match what OKC did.

And of course Manu was winded, but that doesn't mean he's not healthy now. He was also running non stop sprints in an empty gym today to get his wind back for the playoffs.

ohreally
04-19-2013, 11:00 PM
Chandler and Felton will be worse than ghosts. Melo will get his, but it won't be efficiently.

Westbrook will mute the Thunder.

Jennings will burn the Heat, though ultimately it probably won't matter.

Curry could be stale.

Boozer may as well be.

Pau will play better than Howard.

Smoove will bring turbulence to the Hawks.

kblo247
04-20-2013, 01:14 AM
you haven't watched much this year as Duncan & Splitter have been starting together and Splitter gets most minutes along side Tim. The defensive numbers reflect that. Not to mention Kawhi Leonard is a really good rebounder as well. You're living in the past, I guess you'll see soon enough. btw, Bonner hardly saw any minutes last year in the playoffs, so while that was true in previous years and the lesson was learned in 11 vs Memphis, he clearly went away from that last year. It was mostly Duncan/Diaw/Splitter. Against OKC they went small often to match what OKC did.

And of course Manu was winded, but that doesn't mean he's not healthy now. He was also running non stop sprints in an empty gym today to get his wind back for the playoffs.

I guess we will see but I see him trying to draw Pau out the paint or he will get killed on the glass.

Aust
04-20-2013, 01:20 AM

I'll agree with this.

I don't think Pau will be bad this offseason, unlike the last 2 in which he was horrible. He's missed a bunch of games this year and hasn't played a lot of minutes. Fatigue shouldn't be a problem and with Kobe gone he'll have a bigger role, which suits him quite well.

Trueblue2
04-20-2013, 02:55 AM
Bold Prediction: Steph Curry.

It's his first trip to the playoffs playing against a good defensive team with a noticeable altitude difference (meaning more fatigue). Not saying he's gonna lay a goose egg, but I can see him struggling.

RiceOnTheRun
04-20-2013, 04:33 AM
Wow. Only one idiot has even suggested Lebron 'choking' this year. I'm actually really proud of you guys. At least people here don't still cling on to the LeChoke ****.

WARRIORS@GR
04-20-2013, 05:46 AM
Bold Prediction: Steph Curry.

It's his first trip to the playoffs playing against a good defensive team with a noticeable altitude difference (meaning more fatigue). Not saying he's gonna lay a goose egg, but I can see him struggling.I can see 40 PPG against the fast pace nuggets.
Fast break 3's ftw

DenButsu
04-20-2013, 06:03 AM
I can see 40 PPG against the fast pace nuggets.
Fast break 3's ftw

So as a GSW fan, who on their roster would you worry about? My picks for the Nuggets here (http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?815120-Which-quot-Stars-quot-or-vital-players-will-go-ghost-these-playoffs&p=25971154#post25971154).

WARRIORS@GR
04-20-2013, 06:12 AM
So as a GSW fan, who on their roster would you worry about? My picks for the Nuggets here (http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?815120-Which-quot-Stars-quot-or-vital-players-will-go-ghost-these-playoffs&p=25971154#post25971154).I think Lee will have some trouble with Faried(if he plays).
I am not sure how Klay's game will adjust in the playoffs.
Barnes will be a non-factor probably.

Curry will beast imo,he's going to the next level this season.

TheNumber37
04-20-2013, 06:22 AM
lin will get severely exposed.
josh smith won't show
and Paul George will dud.

c.c.
04-20-2013, 07:40 AM
Melo, Harden, Joe Johnson, and Dwight Howard

kdspurman
04-20-2013, 10:05 AM
I guess we will see but I see him trying to draw Pau out the paint or he will get killed on the glass.

Tiago will usually guard Pau. Duncan usually guards Dwight as he's had success guarding him. Of course if either of them get into foul trouble it'd be bad news.

JoeBlessU
04-20-2013, 10:28 AM
Wow. Only one idiot has even suggested Lebron 'choking' this year. I'm actually really proud of you guys. At least people here don't still cling on to the LeChoke ****.

Well he has choked in 66.667% of the finals he has played in so.. Ill be the 2nd idiot and play my odds... Lebron will choke and Miami will b upset

Losoway
04-20-2013, 11:23 AM
paul george. disagree with james harden i feel like he is going to beast

jersey89
04-20-2013, 11:54 AM
I think Brook more than holds his own against Noah. Noah very rarely goes against someone with the size and offensive repertoire of Lopez. He uses athleticism and tenacity to overwhelm other bigs. I doubt Lopez scores less than 20 in more than one game all series. Joe Johnson on the other hand is a reason to worry.

kdspurman
04-20-2013, 01:09 PM
I think Brook more than holds his own against Noah. Noah very rarely goes against someone with the size and offensive repertoire of Lopez. He uses athleticism and tenacity to overwhelm other bigs. I doubt Lopez scores less than 20 in more than one game all series. Joe Johnson on the other hand is a reason to worry.

Noah may be out a while anyway

WAYNEBO
04-20-2013, 01:29 PM

Not picking on your analysis, which is spot on, but many teams struggle with putting 2 bigs on the floor for a lengthy amount of time. Spacing becomes an issue on offense if both bigs live around the basket. If the Spurs lean too much on Duncan and have Splitter just lurk for boards, the defense will pick up on that.

Puck017
04-20-2013, 02:03 PM
My money would be on Ellis, Bosh (for the majority of the playoffs), Smith, Johnson, and Lee

ROY 2 MVP Braun
04-20-2013, 02:32 PM
the Lin/Beverly tandem does need to play above it's head to even have a remote shot, as does their PF duo of Smith/TJ.

did robinson fall out of the rotation? hw havent seen alot of rocket games lately

Hawkeye15
04-20-2013, 02:35 PM
did robinson fall out of the rotation? hw havent seen alot of rocket games lately

Yeah, he hasn't played much. Jones and Smith have taken the minutes at the PF spot to close the season. That being said, who knows what McHale will do in the playoffs, it's not like any of their PF's have cemented themselves as demanding minutes.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
04-20-2013, 02:40 PM
Yeah, he hasn't played much. Jones and Smith have taken the minutes at the PF spot to close the season. That being said, who knows what McHale will do in the playoffs, it's not like any of their PF's have cemented themselves as demanding minutes.

i really thought robinson would walk in there and be their future star pf and grab the starting spot no probelm...he was one of my favorite rookies coming out... thought he was better than what he was traded for but maybe not?

paguy1955
04-20-2013, 02:43 PM
I will go with any player that is going thru his FIRST playoff series

Hawkeye15
04-20-2013, 02:43 PM
i really thought robinson would walk in there and be their future star pf and grab the starting spot no probelm...he was one of my favorite rookies coming out... thought he was better than what he was traded for but maybe not?

He wasn't mentally prepared. Something clicked midseason, apparently his practices starting getting much better, he wasn't as inconsistent, and coach McHale rewarded him by closing the season with him. I would expect Jones and Robinson to have big summers, and come back and compete for the stating job. Montejunas seems more like a rotation player to me.

JordansBulls
04-21-2013, 09:32 AM

Well Durant's first time in the playoffs he was non existent as well.

Chronz
05-05-2013, 12:30 AM
So now that the first round is over, who you got as the big underachiever?

Blake and the Manimal come to mind, but they were playing hurt. Dwight and Pau were statistically inferior to their regular season numbers and they should prolly get some blame for not being able to pull out a single win, but they were clearly overmatched and overwhelmed to such a degree that they had less blame to shoulder IMO.

My nominations are:

Courtney Lee & Jamal Crawford: Got so bad their coaches gave up on playing them to close the series.

Wilson Chandler+Brewer: With Gallo gone, the hope was that Chandler could pick up some of the slack, specifically with his 3pt shooting. Both are showing signs that their improved 3pt shooting during the regular season was mostly a fluke.

Avery Bradley: Pigeonholed into playing more PG isn't his fault, allowing it to effect his defense for much of the series is. I know hes not a true PG, but struggling to make even the simplest of post entree passes is unforgivable, he failed to recognize openings for his teammates on too many occasions IMO. Had his moments, but they were far and few between.

Caron Butler+Billups: Tayshaun was able to smother Caron without playing him close at all. Length is a valuable thing defensively, maybe they shouldn't be listed considering how reliant they were on Blake+CP3 opening up shots, but that didn't stop other role players from outplaying them. More of their minutes should have gone to Barnes and Willie Green. Billups was utterly useless and made too many mental errors.

B. Jennings: Went back and forth on which list would be appropriate, I settled here because of the big talk and small game.

Honorable Mention:

Josh Smith, I left him off the list because he faced the best defensive team in the league, was forced into switching positions (though technically his lack of a true position should hurt him), and played well enough defensively. But he struggled with foul trouble and was rendered useless offensively for most of the series.

Monta Ellis: At least he wasn't Jennings but his inefficiency cannot be ignored.

Javale McGee: I know its not all about the numbers, but when it comes to Javale, it really is. Hes one of the low IQ players who is a true X-Factor for his team when he can use his freakish athleticism (much like he did against LA last year) to give his team a needed spark. He rarely played but also gave very little reason to deserve to.

Paul Pierce: Not that its his fault, hes clearly shouldering a burden no longer in line with his talent, but you cannot deny the drop off.

But without a doubt, the Least Valuable Player was....................

DeAndre Jordan: 2nd straight post season of falling apart despite being in great health. Spent all summer refining his post game, showed decent amount of growth, even tho his efficiency declined, the hope was that his improved skill set would better translate into the playoffs, instead, he never looked worse. To make matters worse, his defense has declined and is still prone to those WTF moments that enrage his teammates. Going up against the DPOY is no excuse for this kind of disappearance.

My question is, who do you blame on the Nets? I want to say Joe Johnson but its sort of expected with him and this is prolly one of the few times hes atleast come close to matching his regular season production. Im thinking the entire team is to blame, their defense should never allow the kind of outbursts from such a depleted team.

Whos to blame for Nate Robinson looking like D-Rose?

Hawkeye15
05-05-2013, 03:18 AM
Chronz, no Harden, as I predicted?

ThaDubs
05-05-2013, 03:36 AM
I will go with any player that is going thru his FIRST playoff series

Steph has been ******** on guys.

DumDum
05-09-2013, 04:57 PM
rose o wait never mind

D-Leethal
05-09-2013, 05:00 PM
Looks like you went with guys who went fishing, but JR and Melo deserve to be up there. Role players and Felton have saved our *** to this point.

Kashmir13579
05-09-2013, 05:09 PM
Looks like you went with guys who went fishing, but JR and Melo deserve to be up there. Role players and Felton have saved our *** to this point.

I would even add Tyson to the list.

Hawkeye15
05-09-2013, 05:16 PM
Well Durant's first time in the playoffs he was non existent as well.

Harden has been to the WCFs and Finals before dude. He isn't a virgin to the playoffs.

Harden didn't go ghost, but he was nowhere near his regular season level.

BklynKnicks3
05-09-2013, 10:41 PM

melo been droppin 30 a night with a bum shoulder ye the % sucks but how about giving him credit for banging with bigger guys down low getting those gritty boards. Mark my words he will have one of those classic melo games real soon

zn23
05-09-2013, 11:25 PM
So far the biggest playoff bust was, no surprise, Joe Johnson. He was ineffective all playoffs and game 7 was so pathetic.

When his team needed him the most he puts up 2-13 shooting performance.

He's clearly not worth what they are paying him.

A close 2nd has been JR Smith. 6th man of the year and playing BRUTAL in the playoffs.

DenButsu
05-11-2013, 08:23 PM
So now that the first round is over, who you got as the big underachiever?

Wilson Chandler+Brewer: With Gallo gone, the hope was that Chandler could pick up some of the slack, specifically with his 3pt shooting. Both are showing signs that their improved 3pt shooting during the regular season was mostly a fluke.

Definitely agreed on Wilson. From Mar. 1 to the end of the reglar season, Chandler scored 1.20 PPP on a .611 TS%. During that same time, while Chandler was on the court, the Nuggets as a team scored 1.16 PPP on a .580 TS%, and their opponents were held to 1.00 PPP on a .503 TS%.

But in the playofffs, Chandler dropped to 1.02 PPP on a .479 TS%, and while he was on the court, the Nuggets' scoring dropped to 1.08 PPP on a .523 TS%, while GSW scored 1.05 PPP on a .562 TS%.

Granted, Chandler is one of the Nuggets least at fault for GSW's hot shooting (that's much more on the point guards). But with Gallo out, he had really stepped up his game at the end of the regular season, and Denver was really counting on that production to fill in that vacuum, and his sudden offensive dropoff really hurt them.

Javale McGee: I know its not all about the numbers, but when it comes to Javale, it really is. Hes one of the low IQ players who is a true X-Factor for his team when he can use his freakish athleticism (much like he did against LA last year) to give his team a needed spark. He rarely played but also gave very little reason to deserve to.

Can't really agree on JaVale. Only he and Faried ended up in the plus column on the +/- front for the playoff series. He didn't have any huge games like the two he had against the Lakers, but he was more consistently good than most of his teammates. When it comes to Nuggets centers, you need look no further than Kosta Koufos to find the guy who "went ghost". From minute one, he nearly completely withered and disappeared.