PDA

View Full Version : Whose side you on Seattle or Sacramento?

uwish1127
04-17-2013, 06:15 PM
Whose side are you all on when it comes to which city gets the NBA team? Should the Seattle group get it or should Sacramento be able to keep its team?

Do you think the NBA is being fair to Seattle and the Maloofs for having an agreement already?

JasonJohnHorn
04-17-2013, 06:20 PM
I wish there was a way both cities could have a team, but the ownership of the Kings doesn't seem to have been very effective. Both cities have issues with attendance when they aren't winning.

Most people talk about retraction, but I don't see a problem with expansion. If there are markets with enough fans, then expand away.

Over the years I've liked the Sonics more than the Kings, so I'd like to see that brand return, but even if it does, it won't be the same. The ownership and management would be completely different.

SportsFanatic10
04-17-2013, 07:12 PM
it's hard for me to say since i don't know all the politics, but i hate to see a city lose their team. but if it has to happen seattle deserves to get a team back there after already losing one earlier.

DumDum
04-17-2013, 07:16 PM
Seattle. winning history combine with better duo kemp & the glove > cousins & evans

alexander_37
04-17-2013, 07:17 PM
Business wise Seattle makes much more sense.

JEDean89
04-17-2013, 07:33 PM
I think it sucks for Sacremento, they certainly shouldn't lose a team if you have all the resources to keep it but Seattle is a great Market brought in buy guys with money who will spend it and ultimately it will make the league more competitive. Sac simply can't afford to pay for a luxury team and Seattle can and as a fan with no connection to either city I just want the nba to a better league after this is done and I see that happening in Seattle better than Sacremento. 4 teams in California is a bit excessive in a perfect world the Kings would move to Seattle, The Clippers would leave LA for anaheim and then you wouldn't have all this clutter. Can Sacramento fans really not cheer for the bay area team the Warriors? I know it must be tough I would hate to cheer for the Nets if the Knicks were kicked out (I obviously know that would never happen) but I would if I had to and after a few years I would get over it. Seattle fans have only OKC to look at with mouths watering on what was about to be if they had kept their team.

Greedy22
04-17-2013, 07:45 PM
I feel bad for both, but the NBA in Seattle is much more beneficial from a business stand point. **** the Maloofs though, they did Sacramento dirty the same way the crook OKC Owner did Seattle dirty.

lamzoka
04-17-2013, 07:48 PM
i honestly dont give a ****

lamzoka
04-17-2013, 07:50 PM
but why cant they keep the kings in sactown, and force mj to move the cats to seattle

ManRam
04-17-2013, 08:00 PM
i'm not a "don't care"...i'm pulling for both :shrug:

Tony_Starks
04-17-2013, 08:05 PM
Seattle. Sucks for Sacramento but the Maloofs have turned the entire franchise into a debacle......

DallasTrilla23
04-17-2013, 08:12 PM
Kings. I feel bad for Seattle for losing their team but taking another city's team isn't the right way to regain your franchise.

bmd1101
04-17-2013, 08:15 PM
Kings. I feel bad for Seattle for losing their team but taking another city's team isn't the right way to regain your franchise.

The NBA has been quite clear, expansion isn't an option. What other options are there?

sneak
04-17-2013, 08:16 PM
The Maloofs have nothing to do with this.
Either you want a good fan base to lose their team. Or you don't. Seattle lost their team. And can get another that is struggling. Sac will most likely won't. Sac has done everything to keep the team. It was just sold underneath them. Once the sale was known, everything Seattle did sac did better. Arena, investors, bid, the whole 9.

ztilzer31
04-17-2013, 08:19 PM
The Maloofs have nothing to do with this.
Either you want a good fan base to lose their team. Or you don't. Seattle lost their team. And can get another that is struggling. Sac will most likely won't. Sac has done everything to keep the team. It was just sold underneath them. Once the sale was known, everything Seattle did sac did better. Arena, investors, bid, the whole 9.

Explain to me how Sac did anything better than Seattle?

ztilzer31
04-17-2013, 08:20 PM

You realize the Kings got a team by taking another cities team right?

sneak
04-17-2013, 09:51 PM

That was quite some time ago. And right now, we have an area, we have a area to be built in 3 years in downtown, and we have the fan support! We =the Sacramento Kings.

NateyB24
04-17-2013, 10:03 PM
That was quite some time ago. And right now, we have an area, we have a area to be built in 3 years in downtown, and we have the fan support! We =the Sacramento Kings.

Hansen already bought up all the land for the Arena Mcginn said the Arena would be built by 2015.

Don't know why the NBA just doesn't give us an expansion for next season i mean Hansen is willing to pay a fortune.

Kevj77
04-17-2013, 10:08 PM
Sacramento. Kings are a small market team and they mean a lot to Northern Cali. They supported the Kings when they were winning. The city is willing to build a new arena. I hope they can keep their team.

I also really want Seattle to get the Sonics back. I never thought OKC should have left and they wouldn't have if Seattle had build them an arena in the first place.

It's a tough call Sacramento really hasn't done anything to deserve losing their team.

sneak
04-17-2013, 10:20 PM
Explain to me how Sac did anything better than Seattle?

There is not enough time between the last sac. Game and my kids. But on the fly.

Our invester and developer: we have major and minor jumping for the chance to be a part of this team. We have a ex. Facebook exec., a minority owner of the warriors that is from india (where thexleague wants to try to expand to) and the same owner Vivek Ranadive, talks of Globalizing the franchise. We have other major investors,. And also has a super developer in Mstrov.

The city, and especially mayor Kevin Johnson (yes, the one who played for the suns) has moved mountains since mlk day (jan. 21st.). Yes 2013! That was the date when the city knew that the Kings were forsale. They also found out that had been sold. (Pending league approval) that includes arena plans, passing a term sheet, finding investors, and allcthe craziness that would be involved building a downtown area... in 2months? That's crazy!

Our fan suppost has Always been better then the sonics. You wouldn't think so. But we have. The fans are Crazy down in sac! Hated the Maloofs because they tried to move them and turned down an accepted arena deal. Since the Maloofs sold the team the arena is jamed packed! There are so many grass roots efforts, I can't list them all.
Better fans, better city support, better market, imo better investors
Yes better market! Sac only has one sports team. Not 2 others plus the proposed nhl team they want to. Also wi th the proposal the Kings offer wnba back. And that's something the nba wants.

I can go on and on. SACRAMENTO hasn't lost! Wont lose! And still has their team.

sneak
04-17-2013, 10:22 PM
Hansen already bought up all the land for the Arena Mcginn said the Arena would be built by 2015.

Don't know why the NBA just doesn't give us an expansion for next season i mean Hansen is willing to pay a fortune.

The word on the street is that expantion is now on the table.

JLynn943
04-17-2013, 10:29 PM

Expansion is the way to go. Both cities have ownership groups willing to pay major money for a team. Both cities are top 20 media markets. Both fanbases are great. I'm hoping the rumors of expansion becoming an option in this process are true...

KingPosey
04-17-2013, 10:42 PM
I hate that people continually say Sac doesn't support the team when it's losing. It shows a total lack of knowledge from any standpoint, either historically or what's been going on the last 7 years. Just a complete lack of information pertinent to the story.

NYKalltheway
04-17-2013, 11:43 PM
Seattle SuperSonics...
Sacramento Kings... (or Kansas City Kings)

Neither town should suffer losing a team. Seattle Kings, no thanks.

Ideally (in my own little world that is) Charlotte Bobcats go to Seattle and revive the Sonics and the Kings remain in Sacramento.

THE MTL
04-18-2013, 12:18 AM
Seattle is a better market and I feel that they would make try to make some noise and bring life back to the Kings franchise. Seriously, the Kings haven't done a thing since C-Webb left.

Plus they can watch Golden State (a rejuvenated franchise) who are only 1hr 30min away.

Seattle's closest team is all the way in Portland, OR and that franchise going in the opposite direction

DumDum
04-18-2013, 12:38 AM
somebody who doesn't want to move the kings give one good reason why jordan should move the bobcats.

AsfanSince99
04-18-2013, 12:57 AM
I just started liking the Kings, and now they're leaving. :(

tr3ymill3r
04-18-2013, 01:00 AM
Both deserve teams, they both need to invest in the team and get lucky in the draft, and build new arenas. Yank the Bobcats out of Charlotte and put them in Seattle.

DumDum
04-18-2013, 01:05 AM
Both deserve teams, they both need to invest in the team and get lucky in the draft, and build new arenas. Yank the Bobcats out of Charlotte and put them in Seattle.

why move the bobcats isn't the same thing as moving the kings ?

Aust
04-18-2013, 01:09 AM
Would prefer Seattle. One less team in California.

True Sports Fan
04-18-2013, 01:11 AM
Seattle. Sucks for Sacramento but the Maloofs have turned the entire franchise into a debacle......
Exactly. That's why WHEN WE STAY Magoofs are getting the **** out of Sac

NYKalltheway
04-18-2013, 01:16 AM
why move the bobcats isn't the same thing as moving the kings ?

Because the Bobcats are a relatively new franchise with nothing to offer. If Charlotte needs to have a team, bring the Hornets back and send the Bobcats to Seattle to restore the Sonics and you're set. No need to adjust the conferences.

JEDean89
04-18-2013, 01:37 AM
conferences could use some adjusting, New Orleans and Memphis in the West? It must suck to have to fly to all the west conference games for them. I always though something like Milwaukee to Vegas and Memphis to the East, it would make the conferences a little more even.

sneak
04-18-2013, 01:39 AM
Would prefer Seattle. One less team in California.

Do you have any idea how big, how powerful, or how big the economy is in California? Especially in the state capital, you want to move the team from . Yes, not l.a. .... SACRAMENTO state capital of California.

sacgiants1213
04-18-2013, 01:43 AM
Take away the Kings and they have nothing. Seattle has the Seahawks, Mariners, Storm, Sounders (MLS). Sacramento's other sport team is the Sacramento Rivercats. Sacramento cannot afford to lose that NBA team. Too many jobs being lost, and the new arena that they're planning to build will strengthen the economy again. **** the Maloofs.

Baller1
04-18-2013, 01:44 AM
I can't decide.

sneak
04-18-2013, 02:13 AM
There has to be a way to have both fan bases come out winners! Sacramento needs the Kings. NEEDS. I am a Kings fan, no doubt. But, Sac with out the kings.... that place is bad enough. A new area with new jobs! A downtown area! Kevin Johnson and his team attracting bigger businesses to Sacramento, Sacramento could really skyrocket into a great city! I am telling you Kevin Johnson was a good basketball player, but his work as mayor is unbelievable!

I really hope both end up happy! Some way it could happen!

NoahH
04-18-2013, 02:52 AM
LMAO -> 26 to 5 for Seattle

NoahH
04-18-2013, 02:54 AM
There is not enough time between the last sac. Game and my kids. But on the fly.

Our invester and developer: we have major and minor jumping for the chance to be a part of this team. We have a ex. Facebook exec., a minority owner of the warriors that is from india (where thexleague wants to try to expand to) and the same owner Vivek Ranadive, talks of Globalizing the franchise. We have other major investors,. And also has a super developer in Mstrov.

The city, and especially mayor Kevin Johnson (yes, the one who played for the suns) has moved mountains since mlk day (jan. 21st.). Yes 2013! That was the date when the city knew that the Kings were forsale. They also found out that had been sold. (Pending league approval) that includes arena plans, passing a term sheet, finding investors, and allcthe craziness that would be involved building a downtown area... in 2months? That's crazy!

Our fan suppost has Always been better then the sonics. You wouldn't think so. But we have. The fans are Crazy down in sac! Hated the Maloofs because they tried to move them and turned down an accepted arena deal. Since the Maloofs sold the team the arena is jamed packed! There are so many grass roots efforts, I can't list them all.
Yes better market! Sac only has one sports team. Not 2 others plus the proposed nhl team they want to. Also wi th the proposal the Kings offer wnba back. And that's something the nba wants.

I can go on and on. SACRAMENTO hasn't lost! Wont lose! And still has their team.

You can not make those statements. Completely NOT based on fact whatsoever. If you're gonna say why Sacramento is better than Seattle and what they've done better than Seattle go for it. Say stuff like their arena is better or they have a better investment plan or TV deal, but saying the fans are better or the city support is better is completely based on nothing.

mgjohnson7851
04-18-2013, 02:57 AM
Seattle... then put them in the northwest division and move okc out of that division.

i'myourdaddy
04-18-2013, 03:03 AM
You can not make those statements. Completely NOT based on fact whatsoever. If you're gonna say why Sacramento is better than Seattle and what they've done better than Seattle go for it. Say stuff like their arena is better or they have a better investment plan or TV deal, but saying the fans are better or the city support is better is completely based on nothing.

I'm not saying our fanbase is better but if you want some facts:

1. Sacramento has sold out every game in 17 of 26 seasons. The Kings have sold out all 41 home games in 17 of their 26 seasons in the Sacramento. Think about that: The gym was packed in every game for an entire season 17 out of the 26 years the team has been in town. (All of this comes despite a .438 winning percentage since the Kings moved to Sacramento.)

2. Sacramento has two of the five longest sellout streaks in NBA history. Can you imagine the NBA abandoning a devoted market like Portland or Chicago? Sacramento is right there in terms of fan loyalty, with two of the longest sellout streaks in league history, one of which came over 11 seasons, during which the Kings made the playoffs twice and never won a postseason series.

If that's not fan support then I don't know what to call it.

Jenceman
04-18-2013, 03:09 AM
Sacremento. Lakers- Sac need to revive their rivalry at some point down the line.

DumDum
04-18-2013, 03:38 AM
Do you have any idea how big, how powerful, or how big the economy is in California? Especially in the state capital, you want to move the team from . Yes, not l.a. .... SACRAMENTO state capital of California.

Isn't Cali in financial trouble some might say damn near broke

True Sports Fan
04-18-2013, 09:55 AM
LMAO -> 26 to 5 for Seattle Look who cares. No one at ****ing all. #HereWeStay.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
04-18-2013, 10:06 AM
I'd prefer expansion. I wouldn't mind seeing two expansion teams. Give one to Seattle. Then the next state with no NBA that already has a arena or close to having one finished with enough pre-sold tickets should be looked at. Vegas been mentioned. But that be bad for young immature players. Could see multiple accounts of young players getting into trouble there. What about Kansas City?

sneak
04-18-2013, 10:37 AM

Gee.. let's go back.. the city of Seattle did not support them ... that's why they left in the first place. Enough said about that. But what every you troll.

Easy fix is take a franchise tbat is having problems offer them 550 million and take them from some other city who cares less for them then the Sacramento community does.

CityofTreez
04-18-2013, 10:53 AM
Reporting live from Sacramento...I wonder what side I'm on?

PhillyFaninLA
04-18-2013, 11:01 AM
Sacremento has a team and Seatlle lost one fairly recently. If you lose a team you don't deserve to be rewarding with one in a short period of time.

jbeezy
04-18-2013, 11:20 AM
I know that Sacramento has some great fans but its seems like their is very few of them. The past six seasons they have averaged 13,687 people in attendance per game including a league worst 13,749 this season. That means that the past 6 seasons they have only filled about 79% of the arena per game. You would think that with this possibly being the last season the Kings are in Sacramento that maybe the attendance would increase but in reality attendance actually fell by 4.4% from last season. The Kings only filled the arena to capacity 3 times this season, the home opener, the last home game and one of the Laker games. To me thats pretty sad. You can talk about sell outs or whatever you want but the fact of the matter is that attendance is what matters. That tells you how much the fans actually care.

NoahH
04-18-2013, 11:35 AM
Gee.. let's go back.. the city of Seattle did not support them ... that's why they left in the first place. Enough said about that. But what every you troll.

Easy fix is take a franchise tbat is having problems offer them 550 million and take them from some other city who cares less for them then the Sacramento community does.

THATS ALSO COMPLETELY NOT TRUE. Watch SonicGate. They left because an evil owner bought them and moved them right from under the NBA and Seattle's noses.

Sacremento has a team and Seatlle lost one fairly recently. If you lose a team you don't deserve to be rewarding with one in a short period of time.

What if you had your team stolen?

sneak
04-18-2013, 11:36 AM
Yeah, be threatened by relocating, over and over, saying good by over and over, and a product i n the floor that isn't competitive, will do that to any city. I might have to look at our attendance post mlk. (Selling of the team) I bet our attendance goes up. Not down! Pretty much all fans would have gave up, not Sacramento! You want to think you know our story, but you don't. If you want more facts than you'd ever want to see head to our thread on this. Read it from the first post. It would amaze you!

sneak
04-18-2013, 11:40 AM
And what is this, heat, warriors, sonics. What is all that bs. You don't have the love for a team. That's just sick. I don't want to hear it from a three team guy.

imbetterthanyou
04-18-2013, 11:55 AM
THATS ALSO COMPLETELY NOT TRUE. Watch SonicGate. They left because an evil owner bought them and moved them right from under the NBA and Seattle's noses.

What if you had your team stolen?

So Seattle getting the Kings when Sacramento has stepped up to the plate in every facet isnt getting their team stolen from them? What say you Heat/Warriors/Sonics fan?

imbetterthanyou
04-18-2013, 11:57 AM
Seattle is a better market and I feel that they would make try to make some noise and bring life back to the Kings franchise. Seriously, the Kings haven't done a thing since C-Webb left.

Plus they can watch Golden State (a rejuvenated franchise) who are only 1hr 30min away.

Seattle's closest team is all the way in Portland, OR and that franchise going in the opposite direction

I gotta laugh at this response dude...hypothetically say the Knicks were in jeopardy of being lost...would you be like oh yo its cool now im gonna go root for the Nets and think its anywhere near the same as what you had before......**** outta here with that

Knicks went 10 years without being relevant...guess yall shoulda left too.

cbs9889
04-18-2013, 11:59 AM
i live in sac and because of that i say Seattle. no true fans just a bunch of fair weather fans. plus people give out tickets like crazy here so that is the only reason people go to the games mixed in with the liquidating sales scheme the maloofs run every season

OceanSpray
04-18-2013, 12:00 PM
Seattle fans are more passionate imo.

Hellcrooner
04-18-2013, 12:12 PM
Sacramento.
They are an historic team, shouldnt get moved ( unless it is to one of their prior historical locations, KC, CIN, ROC)

Seattle should get an expansión, or a NON histórical franchise moved there ( Tor-Mem-Pelicans :facepalm: Bob, )

BKLYNpigeon
04-18-2013, 12:18 PM
Sacramento. its their team. Kevin Johnson has done a great job and everything is in place for a new stadium and everything.

Seattle can get a team

If Sacramento lost the Kings, they probably wont ever get another chance to get an NBA team there.

ryder78c
04-18-2013, 12:27 PM
Seattle. winning history combine with better duo kemp & the glove > cousins & evans

dont down grade the kings with young players if they got Shabazz and kept Evans they'd be a scary team if they all develop right in seattle(they all will love the NEW SPOTLIGHT)

Webber Bibby < GP Kemp......GP kemp is still better but sacs legends have to be seen

SEATTLE BY FAR!

ryder78c
04-18-2013, 12:35 PM
I wish there was a way both cities could have a team, but the ownership of the Kings doesn't seem to have been very effective. Both cities have issues with attendance when they aren't winning.

Most people talk about retraction, but I don't see a problem with expansion. If there are markets with enough fans, then expand away.

Over the years I've liked the Sonics more than the Kings, so I'd like to see that brand return, but even if it does, it won't be the same. The ownership and management would be completely different.

Seattle is different the economy was down at the time and it hit seattle pretty hard then they raised prices of tickets and nobody could afford to go to games and at the time the sonics just so happen to have a losing record and the team was sold to a Snake

kings almost the same but they were told they will be sold straight up and they have had alot of chances to get a new arena have you seen ARCO arena it looks like a prison seattle had 1-2 season/s to build an arena compared to the kings 3-4 seasons

i feel bad for kings fans but im happy to have my other team back i seen so many I-5 rivalry fights its not even funny i just root for both teams but Portland is #1 if they play each other

Vinylman
04-18-2013, 12:35 PM
Neither...

Contraction would be best for the NBA

ryder78c
04-18-2013, 12:46 PM
Sacramento. its their team. Kevin Johnson has done a great job and everything is in place for a new stadium and everything.

Seattle can get a team

If Sacramento lost the Kings, they probably wont ever get another chance to get an NBA team there.

yeah but they have your warriors 80 miles away it will help build your brand to get Free agents 3 citys instead of 1 gives the warriors more spotlight...NOt very far! seattle to portland is 3 hours to watch the blazers i know i drove it alot and its a different state

todu82
04-18-2013, 12:54 PM
I don't care. It'd be nice to see Seattle get its team back but not at the expense of a city losing its team.

ryder78c
04-18-2013, 12:54 PM
Neither...

Contraction would be best for the NBA

yeah of crap teams that cant support a team not a place thats one of the best sports towns EVER that can support a team and has a bangin economy now

sonics were stolen get rid of bottom feeding teams

ryder78c
04-18-2013, 01:02 PM

wrong the guy who moved them was a snake he said he would keep them there then he raised prices in a bad economy(everybody had a bad hit remember George Bush) then moved them to his home town watch sonicsgate learn your history because you kings fans gotta open your eyes yeah im sad to see the kings go when i rooted for them when my teams wernt doin good(at the time) and i honestly wish it was another team(bobcats,Wizards,bucks)

CityofTreez
04-18-2013, 02:07 PM
ryder. Go to the Kings forum to see our side of the story.

Oh Wait....you've already been there, and TROLLED!

lol, please
04-18-2013, 02:22 PM
Seattle. Only because I want Kings fans to become Warriors fans though, like 5518. I could care less about Seattle and to be excruciatingly honest they don't deserve a team.

True Sports Fan
04-18-2013, 02:30 PM
ryder. Go to the Kings forum to see our side of the story.

Oh Wait....you've already been there, and TROLLED!
Oh well, ignorant fans are gonna be ignorant, right?

Vinylman
04-18-2013, 02:41 PM
yeah of crap teams that cant support a team not a place thats one of the best sports towns EVER that can support a team and has a bangin economy now

sonics were stolen get rid of bottom feeding teams

Yeah, my comment wasn't really about either city... the nba competitive balance sucks... eliminating 4 teams would significantly increase the competitiveness of the league...

I don't really care which 4... and in general Seattle is a great city

MassoDio
04-18-2013, 02:41 PM
I'm on both cities' side. I think Sacramento should be able to keep their team, and Seattle should get an expansion team they can bring the Sonics back with.

I love OKC. My Dad and his whole family was from there. I love that they have a team, and good one at that. I think the way they got the team sucked. It wasn't the fault of the players, coaches, or anyone other than the owner, but it sucked the way it went down.

I don't want to see Seattle get a team back, the same way they got theirs taken away. That would suck as well.

I do love the Sonic history though. They were actually one of the first two teams I saw play live, back when they had Xavier McDaniel.

Ultimately, I want to see the Sonics come back, but I think it should be Stern doing that city a solid and giving them an expansion team.

JLynn943
04-18-2013, 02:43 PM
Seattle. Only because I want Kings fans to become Warriors fans though, like 5518. I could care less about Seattle and to be excruciatingly honest they don't deserve a team.

Most of the ones I've heard from are just giving up on the NBA altogether if the Kings are gone.

Personally, I highly doubt I'd be a Warriors fan. I'm thousands of miles from Sac to begin with so the convenience of living close to the Warriors is meaningless (and not applicable) to me. I really don't know what I'd do if they go though...

sneak
04-18-2013, 03:29 PM

I can never be a FANATIC of an other team. I do live in the bay, follow and root for the warriors. But it can never be the same. Andi bet that I wouldn't watch another game for quite along time. I follow and root even more for the 49ers, and the sf Giants. I follow mma, and usex to be a junky of mma. But notuing will EVER take the place of the Sacramento Kings.
The way I see it, it doesn't matter who is on who's side. And really anyone that says they want Seattle more than Sacramento to keep THEIR team, is really close to being a troll on that comment alone.we have the team, and you want us to suffer. I am not saying that you are if you have, but that's damn close.
Sacramento will have the Kings next year. So this thread doesn't even have a point. The only reason the votes are divided is that the owners don't want the nba to tell who they sell their teams to. But in the end, it's sac.

sneak
04-18-2013, 03:42 PM
wrong the guy who moved them was a snake he said he would keep them there then he raised prices in a bad economy(everybody had a bad hit remember George Bush) then moved them to his home town watch sonicsgate learn your history because you kings fans gotta open your eyes yeah im sad to see the kings go when i rooted for them when my teams wernt doin good(at the time) and i honestly wish it was another team(bobcats,Wizards,bucks)

So you are saying that the city offered money to build a new area? And then the ownership group said, that's a bad idea, let's sell to okc?
What ever, hypocrites, what what they have lost, in the same way they lost it. But we have a better Mayor than yours for the team. Period!

sneak
04-18-2013, 03:46 PM
You know what? I this is some cheap shz after the last game of our season. I just want to fight anyway. You seattle fans don't care about anyone. We want you to be happy, you could give a .... so you know what, your just not worth it. I was hoping to help educate the other nba fans here. But you guys came in and became a fight again. What ever.. you lose this round. This team, I hope you get one. Just not mine.

lol, please
04-18-2013, 03:47 PM
I can never be a FANATIC of an other team. I do live in the bay, follow and root for the warriors. But it can never be the same. Andi bet that I wouldn't watch another game for quite along time. I follow and root even more for the 49ers, and the sf Giants. I follow mma, and usex to be a junky of mma. But notuing will EVER take the place of the Sacramento Kings.
The way I see it, it doesn't matter who is on who's side. And really anyone that says they want Seattle more than Sacramento to keep THEIR team, is really close to being a troll on that comment alone.we have the team, and you want us to suffer. I am not saying that you are if you have, but that's damn close.
Sacramento will have the Kings next year. So this thread doesn't even have a point. The only reason the votes are divided is that the owners don't want the nba to tell who they sell their teams to. But in the end, it's sac.
I was kind of joking about wanting the kings to move because some of the fans would join our fanbase, I do hope that goes down if they leave, but my true feelings on the subject are a fanbase/city should never leave after having been established, period. Profit loss/gain < memories and traditions handed down through generations. That's not the way it is and will probably ever be, but that doesn't make it right either. Unfortunately it's all about the money, and everyone but those profiting lose out in the end.

chong2204
04-18-2013, 03:56 PM
Sneak you need to calm down and think before you type anymore. You're making this depressing. I don't care either way, but your making me go the Seattle way.

BlinkManJan02
04-18-2013, 04:04 PM
It would be sad for Sacramento but Seattle def deserves a franchise. Too bad one franchise would be shafted in order for that to happen.

CityofTreez
04-18-2013, 04:17 PM
Sneak you need to calm down and think before you type anymore. You're making this depressing. I don't care either way, but your making me go the Seattle way.

How about you inform yourself on the situation (you know....read the specifics surrounding this matter) and not judge on what a "specific" fan posts.

This is the NBA forum though, so I'm not surprised.

Kings Faithful
04-18-2013, 04:17 PM
It would be sad for Sacramento but Seattle def deserves a franchise. Too bad one franchise would be shafted in order for that to happen.

No. Seattle has already been shafted. Just because they can be denied for an NBA team on their first attempt after trying strong arm the NBA with down payments and dealing with terrible people in the Maloofs does not mean they are getting "shafted" or screwed this time around. The only ones being screwed here are Sacramento, the city and the fans. Is there really any doubt that Seattle will get another team soon? Can the same be said for Sacramento... Hint, no it can't. If Sac loses its team, its get the NBA back. Seattle might have to wait 3-5 years... BOO FREAKIN HOO.

i'myourdaddy
04-18-2013, 04:24 PM

Don't care either way but with DMC in a Sonics uni?

chong2204
04-18-2013, 05:45 PM
How about you inform yourself on the situation (you know....read the specifics surrounding this matter) and not judge on what a "specific" fan posts.

This is the NBA forum though, so I'm not surprised.

Got that chief. I'm sorry Mr. Sneakerhead makes me want to cut my wrists ever time I read one of his posts.

On the other hand, you might be right.

chong2204
04-18-2013, 05:46 PM
Don't care either way but with DMC in a Sonics uni?

Just Love DMC in green.

SoFreshNsoClean
04-18-2013, 05:52 PM
Just Love DMC in green.

I like the kings but yo...dmc looks pretty good in green I must say...

DR_1
04-18-2013, 06:05 PM
They should just add two teams, or move the Bobcats to Seattle. There everyone is happy :D

tapajafri
04-18-2013, 06:10 PM

Difference: That original city had fan apathy, arena issue, etc. Sacramento has great fan support, the city has approved of everything so they have the city's backing, and an arena plan.

Same thing why the Sonics left. Arena issue, and the city didn't support them (even though the fans did mightily)

tapajafri
04-18-2013, 06:13 PM
I was kind of joking about wanting the kings to move because some of the fans would join our fanbase, I do hope that goes down if they leave, but my true feelings on the subject are a fanbase/city should never leave after having been established, period. Profit loss/gain < memories and traditions handed down through generations. That's not the way it is and will probably ever be, but that doesn't make it right either. Unfortunately it's all about the money, and everyone but those profiting lose out in the end.

That's pretty much it. Money talks. And these owners voting on the cities are wealthy businessman or rich people who, at the end of the day, will go with the money.

sneak
04-18-2013, 06:44 PM
That's pretty much it. Money talks. And these owners voting on the cities are wealthy businessman or rich people who, at the end of the day, will go with the money.
If the Kings make that record sale then the other nba teams become WAY more valuable. If the sonics make that deal, it's just a sign of the times.

sneak
04-18-2013, 06:57 PM

Sorry buddy, bad night and day for me. I shed a tear last night for my team. daughter was sick all night, I was sick all night. Come to work sick, and tired. And work all day to get nothing done. I am still fired up about my team last night, that being the last game. And possibly the last time I See them. A little fired up.
But like I have always said, and all Kings fans said, we want you guys to have a team. I know it sounds easy to say from our side. But it is the truth. There is no reason for this madness.
I love true fans of teams. I do. I have mine and will love them to the day I die... I hope. True fans understand true fans. I get you and wish the best for you, and the other true fans of the Sonics.
The amount of effort, time, money, and emotion invested in keeping the Kings here since mlk day has been crazy, really fantastic! I wish you could possibly understand how much has been done in the shortest amount of time. Just understand I really love my team that's all.

Iron24th
04-18-2013, 07:09 PM
Seattle was way more relevant when they had the Supersonics.

Seattle deserves to have an NBA team again, I remember the Key Arena was loud.

sneak
04-18-2013, 07:19 PM
Seattle was way more relevant when they had the Supersonics.Seattle deserves to have an NBA team again, I remember the Key Arena was loud.

What are you for real Laker fan? You still hate on us! You remember Key was loud. You have NEVER gone to a kings game before these jack up years. ANYTIME before that we were always the loudest arena in the nba! You have to be kidding me! We even tried for a world record regarding the db level in an indoor venue. You are ignorant! And just a hater that knows nothing.

Iron24th
04-18-2013, 07:28 PM
What are you for real Laker fan? You still hate on us! You remember Key was loud. You have NEVER gone to a kings game before these jack up years. ANYTIME before that we were always the loudest arena in the nba! You have to be kidding me! We even tried for a world record regarding the db level in an indoor venue. You are ignorant! And just a hater that knows nothing.

U mad? Who cares?

Everybody except kings fans want an NBA team back in Seattle.

GrandDaddyPurp
04-18-2013, 07:34 PM
U mad? Who cares?

That's absolutely not true. There are Warriors/Lakers/Clippers fans that I personally know who would like to keep the team where it's at. Moving the team out will mean 2 less games they can attend as fans.

Statements like that show you know nothing.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-18-2013, 07:37 PM
Could care less.

If the owner wants to move the team, he has the right to do so, even if it really sucks.

sneak
04-18-2013, 08:12 PM
Could care less.

If the owner wants to move the team, he has the right to do so, even if it really sucks.

Wow, that just shows people just like to hear their own voice. You are so ignorant. If that was the case then the Kings would already in Seattle.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-18-2013, 08:40 PM
Wow, that just shows people just like to hear their own voice. You are so ignorant. If that was the case then the Kings would already in Seattle.

I never said I knew all the facts in this situation. I just said if the owners want to move the team, they should do it and they should be allowed.

True Sports Fan
04-18-2013, 08:41 PM

U mad? Who cares?

Everybody except kings fans want an NBA team back in Seattle. Just think about this for a moment. Obviously it would NEVER happen, but what if your owners tried time and time again to sell the Lakers and numerous attempts to sell the team, rip apart the fanbase being offered fantasticdeals to stay in LA then all of the sudden your owners reach a deal to recolate to Seattle and loose all team history.

That's how most of us Kings feel and I'd guarantee you wouldn't accept that with open arms. You have to look at our perspective before talking ****.

True Sports Fan
04-18-2013, 08:49 PM

dont down grade the kings with young players if they got Shabazz and kept Evans they'd be a scary team if they all develop right in seattle(they all will love the NEW SPOTLIGHT)

Webber Bibby < GP Kemp......GP kemp is still better but sacs legends have to be seen

SEATTLE BY FAR! Webber and Peja >

RaiderLakersA's
04-18-2013, 08:57 PM
By the time the playoffs are over most of the Sacramento fans will probably convert to Warriors fans anyway. Go ahead and let Seattle have the team.

GrandDaddyPurp
04-18-2013, 09:15 PM
By the time the playoffs are over most of the Sacramento fans will probably convert to Warriors fans anyway. Go ahead and let Seattle have the team.

I would rather stop watching the NBA than become a Warriors fan. I don't want to associate myself with a bunch of idiots. Not all Warriors fans are idiots but most are. Plus most of them were originally Kings fan and now converted.

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-18-2013, 09:19 PM
I hope they stay in Sac Town. They have great fans. That building was nuts in the early 2000's. Just gotta give them something to cheer about

sneak
04-18-2013, 09:28 PM
I hope they stay in Sac Town. They have great fans. That building was nuts in the early 2000's. Just gotta give them something to cheer about

Educated fan. How refreshing.

mzgrizz
04-18-2013, 09:48 PM
Emotionally......for Seattle, but then that reason was because they lost their team....so then it would be for Sacramento !!!
2 wrongs don't make a right here.
Feel bad for either city right now.

True Sports Fan
04-18-2013, 11:18 PM
By the time the playoffs are over most of the Sacramento fans will probably convert to Warriors fans anyway. Go ahead and let Seattle have the team. smfh if we were bandwagon we wouldn't be Kings fans.

Kings fan or no basketball at all for me

tapajafri
04-18-2013, 11:49 PM
^ that's what many sonics fans said too. It's loyalty from both fan bases

tapajafri
04-18-2013, 11:50 PM
Emotionally......for Seattle, but then that reason was because they lost their team....so then it would be for Sacramento !!!
2 wrongs don't make a right here.
Feel bad for either city right now.

which is why everyone's saying, if there's ever a time for expansion, now is the time. Both cities and both fan bases have proven they deserve NBA teams.

tapajafri
04-18-2013, 11:50 PM
Seattle was way more relevant when they had the Supersonics.

Seattle deserves to have an NBA team again, I remember the Key Arena was loud.

But you don't remember how loud Arco was? Arco Arena: the arena that was nationally and unanimously known around the country as being "The Madhouse of the NBA"

tapajafri
04-18-2013, 11:53 PM
U mad? Who cares?

That's actually false on many levels. I'm assuming youre a laker fan so there's bitterness when it comes to the Kings, but you need to stop letting your pride control what you post. There are many, many fans that want Seattle to win. And then there are many, many fans who want Sacramento to win. The lakers broadcasters want the kings to stay. Shaq and Kobe both want the kings to stay in Sacramento. Many laker fans also want the kings to stay. Don't get me wrong, there are tons of fans who want Seattle to win this saga. But there are also tons of fans who want Sacramento to win it.

jbeezy
04-19-2013, 01:32 AM
That's actually false on many levels. I'm assuming youre a laker fan so there's bitterness when it comes to the Kings, but you need to stop letting your pride control what you post. There are many, many fans that want Seattle to win. And then there are many, many fans who want Sacramento to win. The lakers broadcasters want the kings to stay. Shaq and Kobe both want the kings to stay in Sacramento. Many laker fans also want the kings to stay. Don't get me wrong, there are tons of fans who want Seattle to win this saga. But there are also tons of fans who want Sacramento to win it.

Why would a Laker fan be bitter about the Kings :laugh2: the Lakers have owned Sacramento since the Kings moved there and even before that. I'm not even sure you can call it a rivalry since the Lakers have pretty much always crushed the Kings.

tredigs
04-19-2013, 01:35 AM
Why would a Laker fan be bitter about the Kings :laugh2: the Lakers have owned Sacramento since the Kings moved there and even before that. I'm not even sure you can call it a rivalry since the Lakers have pretty much always crushed the Kings.

Probably alluding to the 2002 WCF's that most fans of other teams don't even acknowledge as a Lakers win on account of how blatantly the calls went against Sac. It was for sure the closest thing I've seen in sports where I thought a fix was in.

ThunderousDemon
04-19-2013, 01:49 AM
Probably alluding to the 2002 WCF's that most fans of other teams don't even acknowledge as a Lakers win on account of how blatantly the calls went against Sac. It was for sure the closest thing I've seen in sports where I thought a fix was in.

So, it was fixed and what. :smoking:

In David Stern we trust.

Illuminati

ThunderousDemon
04-19-2013, 01:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-8qxJp9ZXM

:dance2:

ThunderousDemon
04-19-2013, 01:57 AM
Seattle deserves a team again.

They had a franchise player and then the team moved to Oklahoma.

Iron24th
04-19-2013, 02:49 AM
That's absolutely not true. There are Warriors/Lakers/Clippers fans that I personally know who would like to keep the team where it's at. Moving the team out will mean 2 less games they can attend as fans.

You're a kings fan, it shows I'm right.

Can you do anything else than calling people ignorant you the genius?

But you don't remember how loud Arco was? Arco Arena: the arena that was nationally and unanimously known around the country as being "The Madhouse of the NBA"
Keeping a team because his arena is "loud"?
The sonics were relevant for more than a decade, the kings just 2 or 3 seasons.
I don't see the arco arena that loud since the kings are irrelevant again.

This.
People are funny here.

GrandDaddyPurp
04-19-2013, 02:59 AM
[QUOTE=Iron24th;25962284]You're a kings fan, it shows I'm right.

I totally didn't realize I was replying to a 5 year old that lives in a box...I mean Lakers fan. I give you props though, you rep them flawlessly.

i'myourdaddy
04-19-2013, 03:19 AM

I totally didn't realize I was replying to a 5 year old that lives in a box...I mean Coby fan. I give you props though, you rep them flawlessly.

I fix it for you.

broncofangene
04-19-2013, 05:10 AM
Seattle blew their chances so ill go with sac town. Never understood why the sonics left that city, fan support must have been pathetic unfortunately. In a town that rich there's no excuse to lose a pro team, they do not deserve a nba franchise if you ask me. I guess Seattle is considered a sports town now:confused:

NYKalltheway
04-19-2013, 05:14 AM
Seattle blew their chances so ill go with sac town. Never understood why the sonics left that city, fan support must have been pathetic unfortunately. In a town that rich there's no excuse to lose a pro team, they do not deserve a nba franchise if you ask me.

ffs don't talk if you are clueless on a subject

broncofangene
04-19-2013, 05:20 AM
ffs don't talk if you are clueless on a subject

I wasn't talking I was typing smart kid. Good luck not getting swept by the way, Melo has already won his title

Iron24th
04-19-2013, 07:23 AM

I totally didn't realize I was replying to a 5 year old that lives in a box...I mean Lakers fan. I give you props though, you rep them flawlessly.

a 5 years old is already too much for you to handle.

[QUOTE=GrandDaddyPurp;25962348]

I fix it for you.

is that a duplicate account? And it is me the 5 years old?

Chuck Taylor
04-19-2013, 07:50 AM
The Sonics, baby!

True Sports Fan
04-19-2013, 10:12 AM

You're a kings fan, it shows I'm right.

Can you do anything else than calling people ignorant you the genius?

Keeping a team because his arena is "loud"?
The sonics were relevant for more than a decade, the kings just 2 or 3 seasons.
I don't see the arco arena that loud since the kings are irrelevant again.

This.
People are funny here. No reply to my comment? Shocking :rolleyes:

NoahH
04-19-2013, 03:12 PM
Seattle blew their chances so ill go with sac town. Never understood why the sonics left that city, fan support must have been pathetic unfortunately. In a town that rich there's no excuse to lose a pro team, they do not deserve a nba franchise if you ask me. I guess Seattle is considered a sports town now:confused:

Do your research before making uninformed comments.

ztilzer31
04-19-2013, 03:48 PM

None of this is true.

Seattle's investors have more money on the table according to most reports, and most of the deal is invested by the city...

Seattle is a top 10 T.V. market. If the team moved to Seattle they would likely get a GIGANTIC media contract right off the bat.

Nothing you're saying proves the deal Sac has in place is any better than Seattles.

What makes you think the investors for Sacramento are better when Seattle's have just as much if not more money, AND have more money invested in the team than Sac.

broncofangene
04-19-2013, 05:10 PM

Do your research before making uninformed comments.

What research? The state govt decided that they didn't want to build them an arena. That's usually why teams relocate, funding or lack of fan support.

sneak
04-19-2013, 05:34 PM
There is just one fact that Sonic fans don't want to hear about. And that is, the Nba is giving more time to Sacramento to get all their ducks in a row. If that was not so the decision would have already been made, period. I hope it works out fod both of us, but the nba clearly hasn't given up on Sacramento.

sneak
04-19-2013, 05:35 PM
What research? The state govt decided that they didn't want to build them an arena. That's usually why teams relocate, funding or lack of fan support.

Bingo!

sneak
04-19-2013, 06:01 PM
Seattle, build it, and a team will come.

NoahH
04-19-2013, 06:15 PM

You said fan support MUSTVE been pathetic. Not true. Thats what you shouldve researched

i'myourdaddy
04-20-2013, 01:54 AM
You said fan support MUSTVE been pathetic. Not true. Thats what you shouldve researched

Way to ignore my quote of your post on page 3 when I show you facts that kings fan support are better than Seattle. Let me repost it here again in case you miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by NoahH View Post
"You can not make those statements. Completely NOT based on fact whatsoever. If you're gonna say why Sacramento is better than Seattle and what they've done better than Seattle go for it. Say stuff like their arena is better or they have a better investment plan or TV deal, but saying the fans are better or the city support is better is completely based on nothing."

1. Sacramento has sold out every game in 17 of 26 seasons. The Kings have sold out all 41 home games in 17 of their 26 seasons in the Sacramento. Think about that: The gym was packed in every game for an entire season 17 out of the 26 years the team has been in town. (All of this comes despite a .438 winning percentage since the Kings moved to Sacramento.)

2. Sacramento has two of the five longest sellout streaks in NBA history. Can you imagine the NBA abandoning a devoted market like Portland or Chicago? Sacramento is right there in terms of fan loyalty, with two of the longest sellout streaks in league history, one of which came over 11 seasons, during which the Kings made the playoffs twice and never won a postseason series.

ztilzer31
04-20-2013, 02:23 AM
Way to ignore my quote of your post on page 3 when I show you facts that kings fan support are better than Seattle. Let me repost it here again in case you miss it.

"You can not make those statements. Completely NOT based on fact whatsoever. If you're gonna say why Sacramento is better than Seattle and what they've done better than Seattle go for it. Say stuff like their arena is better or they have a better investment plan or TV deal, but saying the fans are better or the city support is better is completely based on nothing."

Seattle still created more revenue in it's hay day. Would be able to charge more for tickets and ticket sales are only part of what makes revenue.

broncofangene
04-20-2013, 05:09 AM
I'm going to offend here but Seattle is not a sports town. A few years in the basement and fans will abandon the new nba team just like the sonics. They didn't relocate to okc because they were popular in sattle, think about it.... Okc???
I have eight or ten friends from Washington and they all rep the 9ers, chargers, lakers, anyway. Arizona is equivalent with most of its residents being cowboys or raider fans. Sacramento has meth and ugly women, they deserve this team more than Seattle.

c.c.
04-20-2013, 07:06 AM
Expansion? No no no, we already got a bunch of hopeless teams that's just around to get beat up on by these power house teams and lose the players draft to big market teams after they become elite. If anything, they should get rid of a few teams

NoahH
04-20-2013, 12:06 PM

The kings ARE last in attendance this year

waveycrockett
04-20-2013, 12:08 PM
Seattle. Sacramento is poor market.

KingsMadness44
04-20-2013, 12:35 PM

go look up the sonics attendance when there fans were getting jerked around by the new owner and see if its comparable.....

and is it just me or are there a lot of Knicks fan that seem to just be on Seattle's side? IDK really why it is though, most of them aren't really giving to many reasons why though....

sneak
04-20-2013, 01:36 PM
That's exactly why no one should take the last 3or even 4 years of the Kings aattendance in to account. But what ever. The fact remains, we out sold you guys when we were both around. Period. And gues what, still have our team. I am nit sayi g that can't change. But, no one gave up here. And I hope you guys get a different team, and no one loses.
There really is no reason to fight anymore. Lines are drawn and set. What either one of us fights about now will make no difference. I wish you guys luck in the future. I hope always hope that true fans win. That's what matters to me.

bigmac8675
04-20-2013, 03:58 PM
The NBA made the mistake of pulling a team from Seattle, so why would they do the exact same thing to Sacramento? 2 wrongs don't make a right NBA!

i'myourdaddy
04-29-2013, 06:03 PM

:silly::dance::moon: