PDA

View Full Version : Could Marathon Massacre Ignite Celtics?

CubsBullsBucs
04-16-2013, 03:57 PM
Somebody brought this up and I thought it was a good point. Whenever emotions are high a lot can happen. Doc Rivers already made comments saying "its makes you mad" in reference to the bombings. It can be similar to the New Orleans Saints story where hurricane katrina inspired the city and they went on to win the super bowl shortly after. I know there are many differences between the two so dont go pointing them out. Regardless of if the bombings inspire them, this is the last real shot Boston has imo.

LAKobeBryant
04-16-2013, 03:58 PM
If your "theory" is correct doesn't that make every team play better?

HYFR
04-16-2013, 04:01 PM
Nope

Rivera

Yankees or NYG or NYJ didnt win after 9/11

Dont think the saints won after katrina either i think that was the year after could be wrong on that one

Blitzace137
I hope not haha.

JasonJohnHorn
04-16-2013, 04:03 PM
Um... I'm not sure how appropriate the word 'ignite' is under the circumstances.

DumDum
04-16-2013, 04:04 PM
I suppose but I doubt every one in that locker room going have that drive to play better for the entire span of the celtics playoff run

CubsBullsBucs
04-16-2013, 04:04 PM
That doesn't make much sense. The bombings were in Boston, its hits them the most.

PacersForLife
04-16-2013, 04:06 PM
Maybe for a few games, but I don't think it would push them to a championship or anything.

ACanadian
04-16-2013, 04:07 PM
If anything it would give the Celtics high expectations

DumDum
04-16-2013, 04:08 PM
That doesn't make much sense. The bombings were in Boston, its hits them the most.

Boston in Massachusetts, Mass is part america all but one of nba teams are in america you can see where he going with this

FYL_McVeezy
04-16-2013, 04:09 PM
Somebody brought this up and I thought it was a good point. Whenever emotions are high a lot can happen. Doc Rivers already made comments saying "its makes you mad" in reference to the bombings. It can be similar to the New Orleans Saints story where hurricane katrina inspired the city and they went on to win the super bowl shortly after. I know there are many differences between the two so dont go pointing them out. Regardless of if the bombings inspire them, this is the last real shot Boston has imo.

Katrina happened in 05. Saints won the SB in 2010

D-Leethal
04-16-2013, 04:13 PM
Using Heat fans logic it will drive them to the championship and every team will lay down along the way because they feel bad for the City.

Mr.SmackYoMama
04-16-2013, 04:14 PM
Massacre??? Hardly

Tragedy.....Yes

CubsBullsBucs
04-16-2013, 04:17 PM
I already liked Bostons chances against NY, this could only help their cause. They would get Miami after that, which suits them better considering they will wear down, so imo the earlier they play miami the better. even if they beat NY and gave Miami a run for their money, that would really take some inspiration, and i can see that happening

CostanzaNumba0
04-16-2013, 04:17 PM
knicks are too good.

corytwotimes
04-16-2013, 04:21 PM

not so fast sonny boy......the superbowl was played in jan 2009, it was the 2008 NFL season....better luck next year (in my happy gilmore hockey coach voice) lmao

Chi~TwnHawksFan
04-16-2013, 04:22 PM
Um... I'm not sure how appropriate the word 'ignite' is under the circumstances.

Your a ****ing idiot

CubsBullsBucs
04-16-2013, 04:23 PM
Boston has always given teams trouble, not to mention KG can get under Melos skin with cheerios. I really hope they can beat NY first round, and I think they will!

tp13baby
04-16-2013, 04:24 PM

What? Doesn't mean anything. Its hitting anyone that is part of America. Just cause I am in Colorado doesn't mean that the school shootings of Columbine hits me more than other people in other states....

Nycbball08
04-16-2013, 04:25 PM
You need to worry about the Pacers..

DumDum
04-16-2013, 04:25 PM
Using Heat fans logic it will drive them to the championship and every team will lay down along the way because they feel bad for the City.

What does Miami have to do with a bombing in Boston ?

Nycbball08
04-16-2013, 04:27 PM
Boston has always given teams trouble, not to mention KG can get under Melos skin with cheerios. I really hope they can beat NY first round, and I think they will!
You need to worry about them Pacers!!

CubsBullsBucs
04-16-2013, 04:30 PM

at this point even tho i do expect us to beat indiana, i wont be crushed like NY fans would be if boston beat em. rose is probably out, noah is hurt, gibson is hurt, kirk and rip are hurt, deng is never 100%. and i know every team has to deal with injuries, but they bulls have had it extra bad this year

DumDum
Massacre??? Hardly

Tragedy.....Yes

five people died in all in the Boston Massacre of 1770 and they called it a massacre. It's kind of ironic but very sad though

CubsBullsBucs

at this point even tho i do expect us to beat indiana, i wont be crushed like NY fans would be if boston beat em. rose is probably out, noah is hurt, gibson is hurt, kirk and rip are hurt, deng is never 100%. and i know every team has to deal with injuries, but they bulls have had it extra bad this year

justinnum1
04-16-2013, 04:32 PM
Sure can. I thought it was a 7 game series before yesterday. I think celtics have a great chance of winning. A lot of knicks fans are overlooking them.

DumDum
Your a ****ing idiot

Explain how ?

ManRam
who knows?

CubsBullsBucs
04-16-2013, 04:34 PM
What? Doesn't mean anything. Its hitting anyone that is part of America. Just cause I am in Colorado doesn't mean that the school shootings of Columbine hits me more than other people in other states....

:facepalm: you know what was implied. last time i checked Super Storm Sandy didnt inspire the Colorado Springs Sky Sox to win a AAA championship. think before you speak. ya sure the entire country can be affected by the bombings but use logic next time bud

CostanzaNumba0
04-16-2013, 04:35 PM
Sure can. I thought it was a 7 game series before yesterday. I think celtics have a great chance of winning. A lot of knicks fans are overlooking them.

knicks have won 16 of 18 and took 3/4 during the regular season. Its not a 7 game series.

KnickaBocka.44
04-16-2013, 04:36 PM

A lot of the Heat fans here said the Heat let the Knicks win on opening night at The Garden after Hurricane Sandy.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-16-2013, 04:37 PM
They were probably motivated enough already as it is:shrug:

CubsBullsBucs
04-16-2013, 04:38 PM
They were probably motivated enough already as it is:shrug:

which is why i think NY really has to worry

KnickaBocka.44
04-16-2013, 04:38 PM

Almost as bad as the Knicks. Looks like you're making excuses already.

As for the topic: If Boston had HCA I could see it having a bigger impact, but honestly I don't think it will make a difference. They did get an extra day of rest though.

justinnum1
04-16-2013, 04:39 PM
knicks have won 16 of 18 and took 3/4 during the regular season. Its not a 7 game series.

This is what I mean. A lot of knicks fans overlooking boston.

CubsBullsBucs
04-16-2013, 04:40 PM
Almost as bad as the Knicks. Looks like you're making excuses already.

As for the topic: If Boston had HCA I could see it having a bigger impact, but honestly I don't think it will make a difference. They did get an extra day of rest though.

^ dont be using that as an excuse. not exactly a classy argument

not making excuses at all, in fact i think Chicago will be versing Miami in the ECF, however, the Bulls have been an underdog story all year, so it wont be a shocker if they do lose to Indiana.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-16-2013, 04:44 PM

Well for one, the Celtics were without KG and Courtney Lee IIRC for the last two(barely saw those two games.)

And two, the regular season record does not matter...at all.

justinnum1
04-16-2013, 04:50 PM
Well for one, the Celtics were without KG and Courtney Lee IIRC for the last two(barely saw those two games.)

Good luck getting that across to them.

KnickaBocka.44
04-16-2013, 04:56 PM
^ dont be using that as an excuse. not exactly a classy argument

not making excuses at all, in fact i think Chicago will be versing Miami in the ECF, however, the Bulls have been an underdog story all year, so it wont be a shocker if they do lose to Indiana.

I'm not using it as an excuse, I clearly stated that I didn't think it would make a difference.

That is very convenient how you think that they will get to the ECF but you won't be surprised if they get beat by Indy. Kind of taking both sides. Sounds like you are hoping they make it to the ECF but realize that is unlikely.

KniCks4LiFe
04-16-2013, 05:02 PM
I feel sorry for everyone in Boston. This is a horrible ordeal you have to go through. And sports is usually used to distract the mind from everyday issues and events. With that said back on topic in the spirit of gamesmanship and actual sports rivalries.

We're gonna give you the mother of all asskickings. It's gonna be such an anticipated exciting series, but the mother of all asskickings awaits. 4-0. NY still gives it's sympathy to the city of Boston.:)

justinnum1
04-16-2013, 05:08 PM
I feel sorry for everyone in Boston. This is a horrible ordeal you have to go through. And sports is usually used to distract the mind from everyday issues and events. With that said back on topic in the spirit of gamesmanship and actual sports rivalries.

We're gonna give you the mother of all asskickings. It's gonna be such an anticipated exciting series, but the mother of all asskickings awaits. 4-0. NY still gives it's sympathy to the city of Boston.:)

:facepalm:

KniCks4LiFe
04-16-2013, 05:13 PM
:facepalm:

:confused:

We've only been outscored 2 qtrs. vs them this season. They can't rebound, they can't shoot consistently, no one over there is stopping JR or Melo. 4 - 0.

I would say 5 - 0 but that's illegal.

CostanzaNumba0
04-16-2013, 05:14 PM

I love when people say **** like this, how many 7 seeds have won an nba title? Of course the regular season matters.

justinnum1
04-16-2013, 05:17 PM
:confused:

We've only been outscored 2 qtrs. vs them this season. They can't rebound, they can't shoot consistently, no one over there is stopping JR or Melo. 4 - 0.

I would say 5 - 0 but that's illegal.

Fans of teams that have little to no post season success severely overrate regular season results. That's what is happening here. Understandable that you dont understand regular season results are an awful predictor of what happens in the postseason.

KnickaBocka.44
04-16-2013, 05:19 PM

Knicks were without Chandler also.

KnickaBocka.44
04-16-2013, 05:22 PM
Fans of teams that have little to no post season success severely overrate regular season results. That's what is happening here. Understandable that you dont understand regular season results are an awful predictor of what happens in the postseason.

As opposed to fans of the Heat who have nothing to do with the success of their team, but like to think they have as much post season experience as Lebron does so they can tell people how it is.

justinnum1
04-16-2013, 05:24 PM
As opposed to fans of the Heat who have nothing to do with the success of their team, but like to think they have as much post season experience as Lebron does so they can tell people how it is.

I have watched my team play after the first round in the past 2 seasons, can you say the same?

STA_PLAR
04-16-2013, 05:28 PM
Knicks fans should feel better than Boston fans for this series. They have a better roster, with less injuries and HCA. They should win this series. I don't think anyone truly overlooks Boston it is just a matter of hyping up your team and yourself for the best time of the year.

Other than that we will see how it goes. I call 4-2 Knicks only because I think Boston is older and without Rondo they're not that dangerous.

Good luck to all your teams. PLAYOFFS (in my JADA voice)

CostanzaNumba0
04-16-2013, 05:29 PM
I have watched my team play after the first round in the past 2 seasons, can you say the same?

No. What's your point? You're old, can't score and don't have your best player. The knicks are also the hottest team in the nba. Logic isn't on your side.

justinnum1
04-16-2013, 05:29 PM
No. What's your point? You're old, can't score and don't have your best player. The knicks are also the hottest team in the nba. Logic isn't on your side.

LMAO!

Heat have won 35 of their last 37. What is the knicks record in their last 37 games. Nice try.

Actually, miami has the largest current win streak in the league right now at 7 and thats with guys sitting for the past 2 weeks LOL! Fair to say the knicks are not the hottest team right now.

Knicks fans should feel better than Boston fans for this series. They have a better roster, with less injuries and HCA. They should win this series. I don't think anyone truly overlooks Boston it is just a matter of hyping up your team and yourself for the best time of the year.

Other than that we will see how it goes. I call 4-2 Knicks only because I think Boston is older and without Rondo they're not that dangerous.

Good luck to all your teams. PLAYOFFS (in my JADA voice)
No way does boston lose the series at home.

sep11ie
04-16-2013, 05:33 PM
lolololololol

KnickaBocka.44
04-16-2013, 05:37 PM

I have watched every game that every team has played passed the first round in every season for the past 20 years or so. Whether it's my team or not makes no difference.

justinnum1
04-16-2013, 05:40 PM
I have watched every game that every team has played passed the first round in every season for the past 20 years or so. Whether it's my team or not makes no difference.

Sure bro.

KnicksorBust
04-16-2013, 05:41 PM
To be honest, I'm looking forward to having a real debate about this matchup and this thread isn't the location for it. The bombings were real and people lost their lives. It's tragic and hopefully those that are injured are getting proper treatment.

I do not believe that event had any impact on this series. If the Knicks are better, they will still win and if they're not, the Celtics will still win.

KnickaBocka.44
04-16-2013, 05:42 PM
Sure bro.

:shush:

NYJ - NYY
04-16-2013, 05:42 PM
Can playoffs start already I can't wait to watch Knicks start kicken teams teeth in and their troll fans on this site go into witness protection cuz I'm comin for that ***!!

LAKobeBryant
04-16-2013, 05:49 PM
Can playoffs start already I can't wait to watch Knicks start kicken teams teeth in and their troll fans on this site go into witness protection cuz I'm comin for that ***!!

didn't knicks fan say that last year.

justinnum1
04-16-2013, 05:51 PM

And the year before last. Talk a bunch of ****, lose, come back next season and talk more ****, lose, repeat.

justinnum1
04-16-2013, 05:51 PM
delete.

NYJ - NYY
04-16-2013, 05:54 PM

And the year before last. Talk a bunch of ****, lose, come back next season and talk more ****, lose, repeat.

I don't know who did but I didn't... Our team was never even close to as complete or as good as this years... I'm not one to usually talk **** but I'm so tired of reading every fan base talk **** like the Knicks aren't good cant wait for you guys to swallow ur words like nuts man .. Knicks will earn the respect of the nba and the different fan bases... I'm not calling championship but I know this team will put every hater in their respective places

KnickaBocka.44
04-16-2013, 05:57 PM

I don't think so. We were more pissed after the heat bastardized the game of basketball by flopping and carrying on like they did. We pretty much knew they would beat us, but we were more pissed about the way they went about it.

Your sig is awesome btw.

D-Leethal
04-16-2013, 06:21 PM

It doesn't have anything to do with Miami, it has to do with how the Knicks put a beat down on them after Hurricane Sandy and Heat fans said Miami bent over and took it in the *** because they felt bad for the city. If that nonsense is true like Heat fans claim, than that means the East is in trouble and Boston is going to lay a ton of pipe en route to the championship

PacersForLife
04-16-2013, 06:26 PM
What has you expecting that?

justinnum1
04-16-2013, 06:30 PM
It doesn't have anything to do with Miami, it has to do with how the Knicks put a beat down on them after Hurricane Sandy and Heat fans said Miami bent over and took it in the *** because they felt bad for the city. If that nonsense is true like Heat fans claim, than that means the East is in trouble and Boston is going to lay a ton of pipe en route to the championship

Boston is the one other besides miami i can see winning the east.

D-Leethal
04-16-2013, 06:32 PM
Boston is the one other besides miami i can see winning the east.

Thats nice. Too bad their 2 'stars' are 36, 6-8 years past their prime and can't carry a full load at an elite level anymore, they are extremely small up front, don't scare anyone with their defense anymore and have no point guard or center.

Your living in the past bruh. Boston is finished.

justinnum1
04-16-2013, 06:33 PM
Thats nice. Too bad their stars are 36 and can't carry a full load anymore, they are extremely small up front, don't play great team defense anymore and have no point guard.

You better hope so.

D-Leethal
04-16-2013, 06:36 PM
You better hope so.

I don't need to hope. They don't have the firepower to win a playoff series unless it is against Hawks or Milwaukee. Too small, too slow, too battered, not enough weapons, no elite superstar to make up for that. Last year Rondo was the guy that carried them in that Heat series. Pierce and have a game here or there and KG will be lights out with his pick and pops in the 2 man game but without Rondo they just don't have the talent to win more than 2 games.

justinnum1
04-16-2013, 06:40 PM
I don't need to hope. They don't have the firepower to win a playoff series unless it is against Hawks or Milwaukee. Too small, too slow, too battered, not enough weapons, no elite superstar to make up for that. Last year Rondo was the guy that carried them in that Heat series. Pierce and have a game here or there and KG will be lights out with his pick and pops in the 2 man game but without Rondo they just don't have the talent to win more than 2 games.

It's a 7 game series, bet against boston at your own risk.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-16-2013, 06:40 PM
Pun intended?

oak2455
04-16-2013, 06:43 PM
it's funny how much you troll :laugh:

More-Than-Most
04-16-2013, 06:45 PM
Yankees or NYG or NYJ didnt win after 9/11

Dont think the saints won after katrina either i think that was the year after could be wrong on that one

Stern cheats though.... The reason those teams did not win is because those sports are not fixed

Rivera
04-16-2013, 06:47 PM
Stern cheats though.... The reason those teams did not win is because those sports are not fixed

MtM stop talking basketball your out of your realm.

Why would stern cheat for Boston ? NY has a bigger media market and Boston doesn't have lebron.

KnickaBocka.44
04-16-2013, 06:47 PM
It's a 7 game series, bet against boston at your own risk.

Didn't you just say you thought it was a 7 game series until yesterday? Which implies that you don't think it's a 7 game series?

justinnum1
04-16-2013, 06:50 PM
Didn't you just say you thought it was a 7 game series until yesterday? Which implies that you don't think it's a 7 game series?

Your reading comprehension needs work. Let me try to make it clear for you, Boston-NY is going 7 games.

Let me know if you still are unable to understand.

lamzoka
04-16-2013, 06:50 PM

katrina happened in 2005. and the saints won the super bowl in 2010.

bostncelts34
04-16-2013, 06:51 PM
Thats nice. Too bad their 2 'stars' are 36, 6-8 years past their prime and can't carry a full load at an elite level anymore, they are extremely small up front, don't scare anyone with their defense anymore and have no point guard or center.

While in no way am i saying boston has this series easily, you are very much under estimating boston. Also, since when its 28-30 past your prime? lol 36-6 to 8 years... Boston is definitly small up front, no dissagreement there. Boston's perimiter defense is pretty good though.

More-Than-Most
04-16-2013, 06:53 PM
MtM stop talking basketball your out of your realm.

Why would stern cheat for Boston ? NY has a bigger media market and Boston doesn't have lebron.

There is no bigger media market than Boston at this point in time because of what just happened. If they make a deep run it will be on every channel and run on ESPN all day every day. Use your logic on this one. I am not saying it will happen but it would be a huge huge story like the Saints and Katrina were.

D-Leethal
04-16-2013, 06:57 PM
While in no way am i saying boston has this series easily, you are very much under estimating boston. Also, since when its 28-30 past your prime? lol 36-6 to 8 years... Boston is definitly small up front, no dissagreement there. Boston's perimiter defense is pretty good though.

28-30 IS your prime. They've been past it since then. Once you start the decline thats when the period of 'past their prime' begins. HOF Superstars like KG and Pierce are still elite star players in the initial stages of the decline, but its lower than their peak. Right now I'd say classifies as 'WAY past their prime'. Right now is Melo's prime, it's JR's prime, its Tyson's prime. The casket will be shut on the C's soon enough and the rebuild will commence.

Full health, with Rondo, I do think you guys had as good a shot as any to win the East and I'd favor you over the Knicks, but not with your current situation.

KnickaBocka.44
04-16-2013, 07:08 PM
Your reading comprehension needs work. Let me try to make it clear for you, Boston-NY is going 7 games.

My comprehension is fine. Your previous post implied that what happened yesterday would have swayed your opinion. Maybe it's your sentence structure that needs work. You should stick to short ones like that.

Then again, I shouldn't expect much from someone who only uses facepalms in half of his 52,000 posts.

D-Leethal
04-16-2013, 07:14 PM
The only difference this will make in the series will be less derogatory chants directed at Boston coming from the NY crowd.

ThaDubs
04-16-2013, 07:16 PM
"ignite" was your best word choice?

NBA_Starter
04-16-2013, 07:33 PM
It could help them a litte but I don't know that they will get out of the second round still.

97NYer
04-16-2013, 07:49 PM
Massacre??? Hardly

Tragedy.....Yes

Hate to be that guy, but in the infamous "Boston Massacre" there was only one casualty, Crispus Attucks.

nyballa1991
04-16-2013, 08:01 PM
My comprehension is fine. Your previous post implied that what happened yesterday would have swayed your opinion. Maybe it's your sentence structure that needs work. You should stick to short ones like that.

Then again, I shouldn't expect much from someone who only uses facepalms in half of his 52,000 posts.

:moon::moon:
:burn::burn::burn::burn::burn::burn::burn:

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-16-2013, 08:09 PM
I love when people say **** like this, how many 7 seeds have won an nba title? Of course the regular season matters.

Um...where in my post did I say the Celtics would win the NBA title?

CostanzaNumba0
04-16-2013, 08:19 PM
Um...where in my post did I say the Celtics would win the NBA title?

You said the regular season record doesn't matter at all. Of course it does or else there would be some semblance of parity amongst the seeds once the playoffs start. There isn't.

justinnum1
04-16-2013, 08:22 PM
You said the regular season record doesn't matter at all. Of course it does or else there would be some semblance of parity amongst the seeds once the playoffs start. There isn't.

Did it matter that the bulls were 3-0 vs miami in 2010?

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-16-2013, 08:27 PM

I was clearly talking about the head to head season match-up. There's been a good amount of instances over the past couple of seasons where the team that lost the regular season series went on to win the playoff series. Hell, the Celtics were destroyed by the 76ers in the regular season last year and ended up beating them in the playoffs.

And again, I never said the Celtics would win it all....

CostanzaNumba0
04-16-2013, 08:39 PM
I was clearly talking about the head to head season match-up. There's been a good amount of instances over the past couple of seasons where the team that lost the regular season series went on to win the playoff series. Hell, the Celtics were destroyed by the 76ers in the regular season last year and ended up beating them in the playoffs.

And again, I never said the Celtics would win it all....

That argument would hold water if the teams had similar records over the course of the year with the knicks winning 3/4 head to head, but the knicks even though they were pretty much the most injured team in the league won well over 50 games. Boston was pedestrian.

DumDum
04-16-2013, 08:52 PM
Hate to be that guy, but in the infamous "Boston Massacre" there was only one casualty, Crispus Attucks.

what yesterday or in the 1700s? because two people died yesterday. as a result of the "infamous Boston Massacre" five people died. three of them of injury's the next day. They are always forgotten in the history books

Kashmir13579
04-16-2013, 09:53 PM
No comment.

bigbeardaboss
04-16-2013, 10:09 PM
My heart goes out to the families of those lost in Boston...that said this is a very stupid thread...did 9/11 ignite the Knicks?

Knicks21
04-16-2013, 10:11 PM

Bucks - Heat is going to 6 games.

justinnum1
04-16-2013, 10:12 PM
Bucks - Heat is going to 6 games.

It could, but I doubt it.

JasonJohnHorn
04-16-2013, 11:28 PM
Your a ****ing idiot

Because I question the word choice under the circumstances? I think that actually makes me observant. If a sports site like ESPN came out with that head like they would be highly criticized for their word selection given the circumstances, and three other posters in this thread have question the word selection. I'm not making a joke about it, simply pointing out that the word selection is questionable. It's not like I put "lol" or some smiley face after it.

Idiot? If you are going use personal attacks at least have something to back it up with. You approach resembles that of a child in grammar school.

D-Leethal
04-16-2013, 11:49 PM
Did it matter that the bulls were 3-0 vs miami in 2010?

Theres a difference between 60 win 1-2 seeds battling and the 1 seed scratching out a few wins by the skin of their teeth and the 2 seed turning the tables in the playoffs, than an injury-ravaged barely .500 7 seed and a 54 win 2 seed making that flip flop from regular season to playoffs.

Instead of trying to apply your Heat-Bulls reference in every ****ing thread, how about finding a 41-42 win team getting whomped in the regular season by a top team in the conference and turn it on to upset a 2 seed in the playoffs (returning superstars and things of that nature aside).

justinnum1
04-17-2013, 12:54 AM
Theres a difference between 60 win 1-2 seeds battling and the 1 seed scratching out a few wins by the skin of their teeth and the 2 seed turning the tables in the playoffs, than an injury-ravaged barely .500 7 seed and a 54 win 2 seed making that flip flop from regular season to playoffs.

Instead of trying to apply your Heat-Bulls reference in every ****ing thread, how about finding a 41-42 win team getting whomped in the regular season by a top team in the conference and turn it on to upset a 2 seed in the playoffs (returning superstars and things of that nature aside).

07 warriors

KniCks4LiFe
04-17-2013, 01:01 AM
We sweeping them.

kyubi256
04-17-2013, 01:06 AM
07 warriors

I was gonna say maybe the Grizz also.

richiesaurus310
04-17-2013, 01:26 AM

Lmao wouldn't have guessed it was that long after.

javaid64
04-17-2013, 01:30 AM
I was gonna say maybe the Grizz also.

i also remember those teams also being healthy, and comparably talented, which the celtics clearly aren't.

javaid64
04-17-2013, 01:33 AM
also the warriors were 3-0 regular season against dallas
and grizzlies were 2-2 against spurs regular season

D-Leethal
04-17-2013, 03:00 AM
07 warriors

Thats the complete opposite. GSW had their number all season and were either 3-0 or 3-1, many people pegged that as a potential big time upset before it happened. That example directly contradicts your case.