PDA

View Full Version : If they should meet, can the Nets beat Miami?

elledaddy
04-16-2013, 12:06 PM
It's been said in the past that, a team that can beat Miami needs to be physical, have a few players to throw at LBJ and have a superior advantage at PG & C. All the talk of NYK,CHI and IND battling the heat in the ECF but what if the Nets beat them before they reach it? All though they( Nets) didnt show very well vs Miami in the regular season, they do have a few things going for them.....

- Said advantage at PG with D Will( playing much better lately)
- A couple of Guys to throw at LBJ
- Can be physical and have a good shot to dominate on the boards
- Miami has NOBODY on their team that can defend B Lopez or Blatche for that matter
- D Wade cant( or not easily) post up vs the nets SG or wing players the way he bullies some other teams SGs( say what you want about JJ, he's not a scrub by anymeans and he is one of the only SG that has the size to defend Wade)

Im sure there are other "keys" that I didnt mention but those are the highlights. Now me on the other hand, I DONT BELIEVE that that is the way to beat Miami. I think the KNICKS have the perfect ways to beat Miami

- Dont turn the ball over which fuels buckets for Miami in transition( #1 in fewest turnovers per game)
- MAKE A TON OF THREES( #1 in 3s made & atts, #5 in %)
- Have atleast 1 player that can get HIS OWN points whenever( of course I mean Melo)
( These are all the things DALLAS did to beat Miami, and the Knicks are built in the same excact image)

BUT BACK TO THE TOPIC, I think fans are overlooking the NETS. If they can get out of the first round -
WOULD THE NETS HAVE A CHANCE VS MIAMI??? If you can, please put more than yes or NO. Explain

FYL_McVeezy
04-16-2013, 12:12 PM
In before DMF starts trolling and derails the thread....

The answer is NO btw.....

Slug3
04-16-2013, 12:12 PM
Omg nooooooooo. They would be lucky to get one win. Only team to challenge Miami in the East is NY as they have shooters.

SportsFanatic10
04-16-2013, 12:13 PM
i'd give them about a 10% chance.

- the heat are too good at home and have home court advantage
- they have the 2 best players in the series on their team
- they play elite defense
- they make you pay for doubles on wade/lebron by spreading the floor and knocking down the 3
- the heat are better then last year when they won it all by adding birdman, allen and lewis, plus wade is healthier going into the playoffs

elledaddy
04-16-2013, 12:17 PM

- they make you pay for doubles on wade/lebron by spreading the floor and knocking down the 3
- the heat are better then last year when they won it all by adding birdman, allen and lewis, plus wade is healthier going into the playoffs

All GREAT points. I think the Nets may turn the ball over a little to much to beat Miami 4 times, if they take care of the ball I think that 10 % goes up

JiffyMix88
04-16-2013, 12:17 PM

I agree and not because of what you said but because we are butt buddies :moon::moon:

HouRealCoach
04-16-2013, 12:18 PM
This is gonna get GOOD

Jarvo
04-16-2013, 12:23 PM
No & that's the bottom line because Stone Cold said so.

SportsFanatic10
04-16-2013, 12:24 PM
I agree and not because of what you said but because we are butt buddies :moon::moon:

lol

PhillyFaninLA
04-16-2013, 12:26 PM
I have a hard time seeing how a healthy Heat team does not repeat.

If Lebron gets injured or Bosh and Wade get injured then that changes everything. I don't think the Nets are in the same league as the Heat.

CubsBullsBucs
04-16-2013, 12:31 PM
I think the West can give the Heat problems,

but Atlanta, Brooklyn, Indiana & New York dont have enough to beat them.

I dont think Chicago or Boston really does either, but i give them the best shot at doing so in a 4 game series.

nickdymez
04-16-2013, 12:40 PM
They have a chance, but no

maddBat
04-16-2013, 12:42 PM
coming from a nets fan... id say i have to agree with the 10%
just because of coaching alone.
pjs line ups are to counter what the other team plays instead of playing to our strengths.
after half time it seems he doesnt make the right adjustments which concludes our 3rd quarter deficiencies.

we would have to be playing flawless basketball which would be damn near impossible having the heat 1 of top defenses and the nets 1 of the highest turn over prone teams

farren.louis
04-16-2013, 12:44 PM
No, because the nets are just as soft as the heat . lebron wont have any worries going up aginst reggie evans or brook lopez

DoMeFavors
04-16-2013, 12:46 PM
Ofcourse they can and anyone that says they cant is in denial

akesh99
Absolutely no way! Miami would easily take them in 5

Hawkeye15
Sure they stand a chance, but Miami's defense is too good, Brooklyn just doesn't have the perimeter defense to stop both Bron/Wade drives and close on the shooters.

They play 10 series, Brooklyn wins 1 I would guess.

Pistol_Pete
04-16-2013, 12:49 PM
They could win one, maybe two games. There's no way they could win 4 games though.

oak2455
here's my answer and guess who Jim Carrey is ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA

DoMeFavors
The Nets are built for the playoffs like I have said all year, you will all be suprised come playoff time

DoMeFavors
04-16-2013, 12:51 PM
Sure they stand a chance, but Miami's defense is too good, Brooklyn just doesn't have the perimeter defense to stop both Bron/Wade drives and close on the shooters.

They play 10 series, Brooklyn wins 1 I would guess.

typical answer from you

29$JerZ
04-16-2013, 12:54 PM
If Brooklyn played Miami they'd be lucky to pull 1 win imo.
They have the PG/C combo but have no one to check Wade/LeBron/Bosh, that's a huge problem. Especially LeBron.

It would take Deron/Joe J being lights out for them to have a chance imo.
That's a series Brooklyn would want to avoid at all cost. They were swept by Miami this regular season and by a convincing margin. I don't see how they will suddenly turn it on against them.

DoMeFavors
04-16-2013, 12:55 PM
If Brooklyn played Miami they'd be lucky to pull 1 win imo.
They have the PG/C combo but have no one to check Wade/LeBron/Bosh, that's a huge problem. Especially LeBron.

It would take Deron/Joe J being lights out for them to have a chance imo.
That's a series Brooklyn would want to avoid at all cost imo. They were swept by Miami this regular season and by a convincing margin. I don't see how they will suddenly turn it on against them.

all those games were the beg of the year when Deron wasnt himself and no chemistry was down, if nets play heat now its going to 7 games

GIANTKNICK
04-16-2013, 01:00 PM
Anything is possible but I would say.... HELLLL NOOOO lol

29$JerZ
04-16-2013, 01:01 PM
all those games were the beg of the year when Deron wasnt himself and no chemistry was down, if nets play heat now its going to 7 games

Miami is also a lot better since the beginning of the season... so your point is invalid.
Nets would likely get swept or maybe get 1 win, that's about it.
They simply don't have the perimeter players to deal with LeBron/Wade/Bosh.

You look at Indy and they have Hibbert/West/George to throw at those 3.
Chicago has Deng/Butler/Noah and a great defensive system.
Knicks have Tyson/Martin and a plethora of 3 pt shooters to off set their game.
Nets have a great Center with no help at the forward positions. They don't match up against Miami very well at all. You'd need Crash and Hump to really be defensive stoppers to have a chance and they simply aren't. Having the advantage at the 1-5 is pointless if your being outmatched by their big 3.

Avenged
04-16-2013, 01:02 PM
All games could be played in Brooklyn and they'd probably still get swept.

mngopher35
04-16-2013, 01:04 PM
I think you made some good points, and I have thought the same things about the nets. They just don't quite have enough to actually compete with the heat though. I think they have a small chance, but I definitely think the heat would still win and wouldn't predict a game 7. To me the knicks and their 3 point shooting is the most deadly threat in the east for the heat. Heat still favored by far to me in the east though.

DoMeFavors
04-16-2013, 01:04 PM
Miami is also a lot better since the beginning of the season... so your point is invalid.
Nets would likely get swept or maybe get 1 win, that's about it.
They simply don't have the perimeter players to deal with LeBron/Wade/Bosh.

You look at Indy and they have Hibbert/West/George to throw at those 3.
Chicago has Deng/Butler/Noah and a great defensive system.
Knicks have Tyson/Martin and a plethora of 3 pt shooters to off set their game.
Nets have a great Center with no help at the forward positions. They don't match up against Miami very well at all. You'd need Crash and Hump to really be defensive stoppers to have a chance and they simply aren't. Having the advantage at the 1-5 is pointless if your being outmatched by their big 3.

its not invalid as you cannot prove my statement wrong, Bulls and Pacers might have those people that can "stop" lebron but they dont have the offense to get it done. And putting your faith in Kenyon Martin and Tyson Chandler both old and hurt right now isnt something to look foward to. And both arent going to guard Lebron and Wade 1 on 1.

elledaddy
04-16-2013, 01:05 PM

Im actually with you a little bit DMF. I think the Nets are an underrated defensive team that is now hitting their stride. I dont think they can beat Miami 4 times only because of turnovers and 3 pt shooting. If they can take care of the ball and DWILL,JJ,Watson,Bogans,Mirza and stack can make threes to go along with the inside game, I think they can make a series out of it. It may take DWill playing out of his mind but thats what the playoffs are all about. I really do wish the Nets good luck

DoMeFavors
04-16-2013, 01:08 PM
Im actually with you a little bit DMF. I think the Nets are an underrated defensive team that is now hitting their stride. I dont think they can beat Miami 4 times only because of turnovers and 3 pt shooting. If they can take care of the ball and DWILL,JJ,Watson,Bogans,Mirza and stack can make threes to go along with the inside game, I think they can make a series out of it. It may take DWill playing out of his mind but thats what the playoffs are all about. I really do wish the Nets good luck

why thank you!

KniCks4LiFe
04-16-2013, 01:12 PM
Not a chance in hell. :laugh2:

Chronz
04-16-2013, 01:13 PM
Not with Evans playing heavy minutes

29$JerZ
04-16-2013, 01:13 PM
its not invalid as you cannot prove my statement wrong, Bulls and Pacers might have those people that can "stop" lebron but they dont have the offense to get it done. And putting your faith in Kenyon Martin and Tyson Chandler both old and hurt right now isnt something to look foward to. And both arent going to guard Lebron and Wade 1 on 1.

It's invalid because your claim implies Miami hasn't gotten better since the beginning of the season when they swept you. Are you suggesting Nets new found play is better than what Miami has done to end the season? If so you're simply wrong.

I see you are trying to make this a NY thing again, let it go.
All I know from this season is of all the teams this regular season New York, Chicago and Indy/Boston pose the best threat to get a few wins against Miami. Brooklyn has done nothing to show they can make this an interesting series.

colinskik
04-16-2013, 01:14 PM
What' up with Crash? I think he's the X factor for this Nets team. If he's healthy he could put a body on Bron and at least slow him down a little.

I don't think Miami has an answer for Brook...

DoMeFavors
04-16-2013, 01:17 PM
It's invalid because your claim implies Miami hasn't gotten better since the beginning of the season when they swept you. Are you suggesting Nets new found play is better than what Miami has done to end the season? If so you're simply wrong.

I see you are trying to make this a NY thing again, let it go.
All I know from this season is of all the teams this regular season New York, Chicago and Indy/Boston pose the best threat to get a few wins against Miami. Brooklyn has done nothing to show they can make this an interesting series.

yep lol everyone in the east except the nets pose threats to miami except out of all 5 of those teams Nets have the best player on it.

KniCks4LiFe
04-16-2013, 01:18 PM
What' up with Crash? I think he's the X factor for this Nets team. If he's healthy he could put a body on Bron and at least slow him down a little.

you trollin' those Nets fans or high? They don't have a chance vs Miami. The best player in the world is on that team and when he feels like taking over no one stops him.

colinskik
04-16-2013, 01:19 PM
yep lol everyone in the east except the nets pose threats to miami except out of all 5 of those teams Nets have the best player on it.

And who is that exactly? Deron has gotten better toward the end of the year, but c'mon, man. Can't you take the glasses off just for a moment?

NYJ - NYY
04-16-2013, 01:22 PM

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

you sir are what some people called delusional, other people call wacky, and my personal favorite; ****ING SHOT

colinskik
04-16-2013, 01:24 PM
you trollin' those Nets fans or high? They don't have a chance vs Miami. The best player in the world is on that team and when he feels like taking over no one stops him.

Dude, calm down, for real.

I didn't say the Nets can beat MIA in a series. I said Crash can make Lebron's life a little more difficult and Miami doesn't have anyone to stop Brook's offense.

The Nets bench IMO is too weak to actually win the series. BUT I think they have a better chance than BOS would.

Rockice_8
04-16-2013, 01:25 PM
I'd say it goes 6 at best probably. LBJ is just too much for teams to handle. The X factor is actually JJ who if he can get hot and keep the scoring going could really make it a series. Actually Wade is the guy that kills the Nets the most. For some reason he becomes Reggie Miller from the outside when he sees the Nets.

I think if JJ can play close to Wade's level they will make it a series. I think Lopez will have his way on the inside and LBJ will have his way as well.

The Nets need the complete team effort to win while the Heat can get by on 3 guys. If they get a team effort the Nets can't hang. It's not really a bashing of the Nets though it's just that MIA is an all time great team possibly.

Nets are the 3rd best team in the East IMO so if they can't do it then only the Knicks have a shot and even they are gonna some luck to beat the Heat.

KniCks4LiFe
04-16-2013, 01:26 PM
Dude, calm down, for real.

I didn't say the Nets can beat MIA in a series. I said Crash can make Lebron's life a little more difficult and Miami doesn't have anyone to stop Brook's offense.

The Nets bench IMO is too weak to actually win the series. BUT I think they have a better chance than BOS would.

I am calm. I just don't think they match up well at all. They would for 2 qtrs. and then Miami inserts their authority.

29$JerZ
04-16-2013, 01:28 PM

Brooklyn doesn't match up well at all against Miami. If you had a competent SF/PF I would agree with you but you don't. Again, what good does it do for you that Brooklyn has Miami beat at the PG/C position but is severely at a disadvantage against their Big 3 who play SG/SF/PF?

I don't expect you to grasp that concept. Keep believing Brooklyn will take the HEAT to 7 games.
It's your opinion.

Chronz
04-16-2013, 01:31 PM

Hes old and doesn't get to play as much 4 anymore

oak2455
I think the second team of the Heat beat the Nets

colinskik
I am calm. I just don't think they match up well at all. They would for 2 qtrs. and then Miami inserts their authority.

Well you sure have a hostile way of showing your level of calm.

Knick_Fever
04-16-2013, 01:33 PM

Nets have absolutely no chance against the Heat, nets would get creamed. Heat rocked the Nets when they met and I know the playoffs are different but not with this series (do to matchup issues). You gotta be able to run with the Heat to have a chance.

Rockice_8
I think the second team of the Heat beat the Nets

Haha you would.

Hawkeye15
typical answer from you

Totally, cause I am being a hater saying the defending champs who are clearly the best team this year with the best player in the planet can handle a 48 win team while having HCA.

colinskik
04-16-2013, 01:34 PM
Hes old and doesn't get to play as much 4 anymore

Come playoff time though we always see competition escalate. Maybe Crash plays Lebron aggressively, that's all im saying. You can't just let him get easy baskets if you want to have a chance.

yungincome
04-16-2013, 01:35 PM
Is it still April's fools? :eyebrow:

No they cannot

Rockice_8
04-16-2013, 01:36 PM
Nets have absolutely no chance against the Heat, nets would get creamed. Heat rocked the Nets when they met and I know the playoffs are different but not with this series (do to matchup issues). You gotta be able to run with the Heat to have a chance.

No you just have to stop them from running. The Knicks don't run at all and have had success. Don't turn the ball over and slow the game down limiting possessions and you got a chance. The Nets have an advantage in the post and on the glass. If they can keep Wade and LBJ out of the paint, rebound the ball on both ends, and limit turnovers they can win a few games. Just not enough to win the series though.

Knick_Fever
04-16-2013, 01:37 PM

Please dont give him any more false hope than he already has.

Knick_Fever
04-16-2013, 01:40 PM
No you just have to stop them from running. The Knicks don't run at all and have had success. Don't turn the ball over and slow the game down limiting possessions and you got a chance. The Nets have an advantage in the post and on the glass. If they can keep Wade and LBJ out of the paint, rebound the ball on both ends, and limit turnovers they can win a few games. Just not enough to win the series though.

Wow, thats asking for a lot. Good thing we dont have a problem w/turning the ball over (1st).

MonroeFAN
04-16-2013, 01:41 PM
I would say the Nets stand less than 1 % of a chance.

Rain City
04-16-2013, 01:42 PM
i think the Nets can win a game or 2.

Dade County
04-16-2013, 01:49 PM
It should be a good series for both fan basses.

Thats as nice as I can get (HEAT move on to the ECF).

NYG+Braves
04-16-2013, 01:52 PM
Ya easily ...... in NBA2k13.

lvlheaded
04-16-2013, 02:08 PM
95% chance they lose. So yes, mathematically they have a chance. But lets face it, the Heat are the best team with the best player on the planet. Chances are the Heat repeat, so it's not a knock on the Nets, it just speaks to how good the Heat are.

todu82
04-16-2013, 02:10 PM
No, the only team I can see beating the Heat in the playoffs is the Knicks and even that series should be close.

SteBO
04-16-2013, 02:15 PM
The Nets have the PG and Center to give Miami some fits, but they're so below average on the wings that it won't matter in the end. Joe Johnson is not a playoff performer and Gerald Wallace has been awful lately (and to be honest, hasn't been that good since he got traded from Portland). That said, this is sports and there's always a chance for anything to happen. But this is very unlikely.....

justinnum1
04-16-2013, 02:18 PM
0% chance. We own the nets.

xxplayerxx23
Lol maybe win a game or two. I'd bet a sweep but they could pull one game out

BULLSFAN0810
only if Joe Johson takes wade in the post or Dwill takes chalmers in the post ....or if the nets hit the glass real hard...or they become super hot shooting wise. otherwise NO!!!

HYFR
04-16-2013, 02:19 PM
Really not a chance tbh. I mean the nets would have major major trouble just to put the ball in the basket. They maybe win one game

xxplayerxx23
04-16-2013, 02:20 PM
The heat have lost 4 games over the last three+ months, it's going to take perfect basketball to bet them and the nets turn the ball over way to much. Heat in 4 or 5

SteBO
04-16-2013, 02:22 PM
Wow, thats asking for a lot. Good thing we dont have a problem w/turning the ball over (1st).
This is the biggest reason why NY is only team in the east that has best shot against Miami.....

SportsFanatic10
04-16-2013, 02:23 PM
i think the better question would be can the nets handle the bulls if they end up in the 5 seed?

Riodagoat
04-16-2013, 02:24 PM
Anybody in the playoffs has the chance of beating Miami. Only problem is, they won't.

justinnum1
04-16-2013, 02:25 PM
Anybody in the playoffs has the chance of beating Miami. Only problem is, they won't.

Well said. But the nets have 0% chance.

xxplayerxx23
04-16-2013, 02:27 PM
This is the biggest reason why NY is only team in the east that has best shot against Miami.....

Yeah we def have a better shot then the nets, but beating Miami 4 times before they beat you 4 times is near impossible. There are a sick team and lebron is the best player I've seen play since Jordan ( was very young when Jordan played) the X factor to me is jr smith and Kmart. Kmart is prob due for 3 flagrant fouls and ejections in the series at leat haha

Vinylman
chance? Sure, their entire team could get injured in a freak bus accident on the way to the arena in Brooklyn

Likely?... about as close to zero as you can come without the number actually being ZERO

xxplayerxx23
i think the better question would be can the nets handle the bulls if they end up in the 5 seed?

With rosť prob not without rosť I think that series goes 7

justinnum1
04-16-2013, 02:30 PM
Yeah we def have a better shot then the nets, but beating Miami 4 times before they beat you 4 times is near impossible. There are a sick team and lebron is the best player I've seen play since Jordan ( was very young when Jordan played) the X factor to me is jr smith and Kmart. Kmart is prob due for 3 flagrant fouls and ejections in the series at leat haha
Yep, miami is 35-2 in the last 37 games.

LAKobeBryant
04-16-2013, 02:31 PM
Yeah if Brook Lopez can put up 30 and 20 avg in the series.

justinnum1
04-16-2013, 02:33 PM
Yeah if Brook Lopez can put up 30 and 20 avg in the series.

That wouldn't make a difference.

AI
04-16-2013, 02:36 PM
Nets will get swept, might win 1 game but it's definitely over in 5.

LAKobeBryant
04-16-2013, 02:38 PM

30 and 20 means your controlling the tempo and beating them inside badly. which is their weakness and with a big man avging shaq like numbers doens't seem like miami would be playing their fast tempo and leaking out.

Nycbball08
04-16-2013, 02:39 PM
Sounds like the guys on ESPN, everyone kissing the Heats ace..best team, best players, best coach, what the!!.. They're not unbeatable..

xxplayerxx23
04-16-2013, 02:39 PM

If Lopez put up 30-20 which would never happen, but lets pretend love he did they would beat the heat

justinnum1
04-16-2013, 02:44 PM
If Lopez put up 30-20 which would never happen, but lets pretend love he did they would beat the heat

No they wouldn't.

JOhnnyTHaJet
04-16-2013, 02:46 PM
A think we have a better chance than people are giving us but that doesn't mean we'll beat them. We can stretch it to 6 but that's really it.

Our sub par coaching and vast amounts of turnovers per game will ultimately be our demise against the Heat.

xxplayerxx23
04-16-2013, 02:50 PM
No they wouldn't.

With the way deron was playing if Lopez put in 30 and 20 every game they would win lol

NoahH
04-16-2013, 02:54 PM
BKN will be lucky to pick up one win MAX

Jets012
04-16-2013, 03:02 PM
Still don't get why people are constantly saying the Celtics and Bulls have the best chances in the East to beat the Heat. This is a completely different/worse Celtics team from past years and I don't even think the Bulls without Rose are a top 5 team in the East.

Man Heat fans are cocky, but I can't even blame them. I'd honestly wouldn't give any team in the East over a 15% chance of beating them. Don't think the Pacers, Nets, or Knicks (can't wait for certain Knick fans to blast me) make it close.

LAKobeBryant
04-16-2013, 03:56 PM
No they wouldn't.

Your not even attempting to make a argument, all you've said is no,no,no,no.

RLundi
04-16-2013, 04:04 PM
Theoretically, yes.

But no.

Tony_Starks
04-16-2013, 04:08 PM
Any team with D Will and Joe Johnson has a punchers chance. They both would have to play out of their minds though...

xxplayerxx23
04-16-2013, 04:10 PM
Any team with D Will and Joe Johnson has a punchers chance. They both would have to play out of their minds though...

Lol at joe Johnson. I think you mean any team that has deron Williams and brook Lopez has a punchers chance

DumDum
04-16-2013, 04:15 PM

10% might be too nice in this situation I didn't see anyone mention Miami's bench. They would propel over Brooklyn bench if any of Miami's stars gets hurt or has a let in the series

DumDum
04-16-2013, 04:17 PM
The OP isn't wrong for bring this up I tip my hat to him a lot posters wouldn't touch this topic with a ten foot pole

KnickaBocka.44
04-16-2013, 04:30 PM
With the way deron was playing if Lopez put in 30 and 20 every game they would win lol

Don't bother. In his mind there isn't a scenario that exists in which the Heat don't win 10 ships in a row. He embodies everything that people hate about Heat homers.

ElChinoLatino
04-16-2013, 04:30 PM

You gotta pay the troll toll man. You gotta pay it.

KnickaBocka.44
04-16-2013, 04:32 PM
I just came for the DMF, kind of disappointed :sad2:

Faneik
04-16-2013, 05:12 PM
If the Nets win 2, I'd say they did an excellent job.

JerseyPalahniuk
04-16-2013, 05:22 PM
But yeah, if Wallace gets back to form (unlikely but I would be on it) and PJ sets better rotations (not likely) then we could make this a 7 game series.

Tony_Starks
04-16-2013, 05:36 PM
Lol at joe Johnson. I think you mean any
team that has deron Williams and brook Lopez has a punchers chance

Lopez has yet to play in a meaningful game and Johnson has come up big in the playoffs under pressure before so until Lopez proves himself my money is on Joe.

xxplayerxx23
04-16-2013, 05:45 PM
Lopez has yet to play in a meaningful game and Johnson has come up big in the playoffs under pressure before so until Lopez proves himself my money is on Joe.

Really? Pretty sure joe Johnson sucks in the playoffs. He's prob ganna shoot 40-42% my money is on lopez

KnicksorBust
04-16-2013, 06:09 PM
They might be able to outscore the Heat in the 3rd quarter in one of the games.

Hawkeye15
04-16-2013, 06:10 PM

Do you know how bad Johnson has been in the playoffs for years?

Hawkeye15
04-16-2013, 06:11 PM
I just came for the DMF, kind of disappointed :sad2:

it's the calm before the storm dude, simmer down. It's a comin'

Sly Guy
04-16-2013, 06:12 PM
I'd be surprised if that series went as long as 6. Miami is just rolling too well right now for the nets to stand a chance.

KnicksorBust
04-16-2013, 06:15 PM

I'd love to sig bet you that JJ actually has a good post-season but the stakes would be too high. If you lose Swayze you are just another poster.

Hawkeye15
04-16-2013, 06:20 PM
I'd love to sig bet you that JJ actually has a good post-season but the stakes would be too high. If you lose Swayze you are just another poster.

I will not give up Swayze. Ever. It's my pushback for Hollywood ****ing up and re-making this masters movies.

And I partially agree. Atlanta always asked JJ to create too much, where as he is better next to a creator. I think his playoff efficiency rises this year as well, but he isn't going to kill it or anything.

xxplayerxx23
04-16-2013, 06:22 PM

What makes you think that? I'd think 16 on 40-41 % shooting

DallasTrilla23
04-16-2013, 08:37 PM
I don't think they could beat him but the series would be closer than people think.

Their strongest positions are the heats weakest but Williams and Lopez would both have to go off every night for them to win and I just don't see that happening.

Im looking forward to seeing this series tho.

DumDum
04-16-2013, 08:41 PM
I don't think they could beat him but the series would be closer than people think.

Their strongest positions are the heats weakest but Williams and Lopez would both have to go off every night for them to win and I just don't see that happening.

Im looking forward to seeing this series tho.

one of them need to score 30pts the other when need 20pts &10 rebounds or
assists

Tony_Starks
04-16-2013, 09:08 PM

I'm sure his stats aren't fantastic but I know he's hit a lot of big shots. In particular against a superior Boston squad he used to come through down the stretch a lot.

TheLegend
04-16-2013, 09:38 PM
It's been said in the past that, a team that can beat Miami needs to be physical, have a few players to throw at LBJ and have a superior advantage at PG & C. All the talk of NYK,CHI and IND battling the heat in the ECF but what if the Nets beat them before they reach it? All though they( Nets) didnt show very well vs Miami in the regular season, they do have a few things going for them.....

- Said advantage at PG with D Will( playing much better lately)
- A couple of Guys to throw at LBJ
- Can be physical and have a good shot to dominate on the boards
- Miami has NOBODY on their team that can defend B Lopez or Blatche for that matter
- D Wade cant( or not easily) post up vs the nets SG or wing players the way he bullies some other teams SGs( say what you want about JJ, he's not a scrub by anymeans and he is one of the only SG that has the size to defend Wade)

Im sure there are other "keys" that I didnt mention but those are the highlights. Now me on the other hand, I DONT BELIEVE that that is the way to beat Miami. I think the KNICKS have the perfect ways to beat Miami

- Dont turn the ball over which fuels buckets for Miami in transition( #1 in fewest turnovers per game)
- MAKE A TON OF THREES( #1 in 3s made & atts, #5 in %)
- Have atleast 1 player that can get HIS OWN points whenever( of course I mean Melo)
( These are all the things DALLAS did to beat Miami, and the Knicks are built in the same excact image)

BUT BACK TO THE TOPIC, I think fans are overlooking the NETS. If they can get out of the first round -
WOULD THE NETS HAVE A CHANCE VS MIAMI??? If you can, please put more than yes or NO. Explain

No chance, Lebron and Wade will walk all over this team. The nets need to prove and learn how to win in playoffs basketball before they can talk about beating Miami. Nets haven't made the playoffs in yearsssssssssss. Win a series FIRST.

KingPosey
04-16-2013, 09:57 PM
A ton of SGs have the actual SIZE to defend Wade, he is undersized. He doesn't beat guys because he's bigger, I don't get that at all.

Hawkeye15
04-16-2013, 10:04 PM
I'm sure his stats aren't fantastic but I know he's hit a lot of big shots. In particular against a superior Boston squad he used to come through down the stretch a lot.

The stats are putrid actually.

SportsFanatic10
A ton of SGs have the actual SIZE to defend Wade, he is undersized. He doesn't beat guys because he's bigger, I don't get that at all.

yeah he came in as a pg and is really a combo guard height wise at 6'4. he must mean in muscle/bulk because wade is probably as strong as any sg out there.

Knicks21
They got nobody to throw at Lebron, no defender is good enough to stop him, especially not the overrated Wallace.

lvlheaded
04-16-2013, 10:10 PM
The better question is do the Nets beat the Bulls in round 1. With or without Rose, I don't like that match up for Brooklyn. The Bulls front court is a terrible matchup for arguably the Nets best player. If I was a Net fan, I'd be praying for the Hawks right now

Slug3
04-16-2013, 10:40 PM
yeah he came in as a pg and is really a combo guard height wise at 6'4. he must mean in muscle/bulk because wade is probably as strong as any sg out there.

and honestly Wade is really about 6'2 and not 6'4.

SportsFanatic10
04-16-2013, 11:36 PM
and honestly Wade is really about 6'2 and not 6'4.

i've heard people call him 6'3 but never as short as 6'2. i agree that 6'4 might be a little generous though.

Krizzle88
04-16-2013, 11:37 PM
Nets won't even beat Chicago if they met. What makes people think they can beat the heat? Lol what's so special about the nets ?

No one in the east can beat Miami & I ****ing hate the heat but I accept it

Krizzle88
04-16-2013, 11:40 PM
i've heard people call him 6'3 but never as short as 6'2. i agree that 6'4 might be a little generous though.

Who the cares how tall dwade is? Dwade would dominant joe overrated Johnson

Krizzle88
04-16-2013, 11:40 PM

SportsFanatic10
04-16-2013, 11:42 PM

true

ndfightirish12
04-16-2013, 11:52 PM
question for you guys... first off yeah as a nets fan i would be happy if we pulled out one win in a series that we played the heat but my question is if the nets traded for josh smith earlier in the year do you think they would have a better chance to win the series?

it may sound like a stupid question but as i was reading through this it crossed my mind

NYJ - NYY
04-17-2013, 09:50 AM

the **** joe johnson you watching?

Slug3
04-17-2013, 10:23 AM
question for you guys... first off yeah as a nets fan i would be happy if we pulled out one win in a series that we played the heat but my question is if the nets traded for josh smith earlier in the year do you think they would have a better chance to win the series?

it may sound like a stupid question but as i was reading through this it crossed my mind

Miami has been pretty dominate when we place Smith so I dont think he would have done much. Lebron would probably be guarding him and Smith cannot hit a shot outside 5 feet.

ldawg
04-17-2013, 10:32 AM
I never got the feeling Miami cant be beating i dont picture them as a dominant team. So yes Nets have a shot to beat Miami. It will boil down to how the game is called and who want it most. Will they call touch fouls, Flopping, players jumping in the defenders space and be rewarded a foul or will they allow Lebron to run over folks. If they call a clean game Either team can win. Miami dont have a clear cut advantage.

king4day
04-17-2013, 10:38 AM
I think the Nets will give them some trouble. But not enough to win. At best, maybe a 6 game series.

OceanSpray
04-17-2013, 11:31 AM
Why are people still trolling? They would be lucky to lose by 20.

mizzacNYC
04-17-2013, 11:32 AM
The only way the Nets beat the Heat is if they consistently and aggressively feed Lopez. He has to be the 1st option, he has to demand the ball, claim the low post and not get pushed out. If a series btwn Nets and Heat turns into D. Will & JJ vs Wade and LBJ then Heat win easy, 4 to 1 if not a sweep...

sep11ie
04-17-2013, 11:51 AM
They may be able to win ONE game...

JordansBulls
04-17-2013, 11:54 AM
Bulls win tonight vs Washington and it is Bulls and Nets round 1. Bulls vs Miami in round 2 and the return of Rose.

lavilevi23
04-17-2013, 12:12 PM
A worse HEAT team beat a healthier Rose with a better supporting cast in 5 games 2 years ago. - just sayin

OceanSpray
04-17-2013, 02:53 PM
Lol, Rose returning? I don't think he wants some of LeBron.

JordansBulls
04-17-2013, 02:57 PM
Lol, Rose returning? I don't think he wants some of LeBron.

Why not, Lebron don't want to guard Rose. Rose wears Lebron out on the floor.

JordansBulls
04-17-2013, 02:59 PM
A worse HEAT team beat a healthier Rose with a better supporting cast in 5 games 2 years ago. - just sayin

Yeah that team two years ago would not had made the playoffs wthout Rose. Now you add a healthy Boozer, Noah, and a defensive stopper in Butler and it is a good series. Boston in 2008 was better than they were in 2010 and yet in 2008 it took 7 games to beat the CAvs who was much worse that year than in 2010 and only took 6 games to beat Cleveland in 2010 with prime Lebron and also a much better squad as they had Shaq and company on the team.

OceanSpray
04-17-2013, 03:05 PM
Why not, Lebron don't want to guard Rose. Rose wears Lebron out on the floor.

LeBron guards the likes of Durant, Carmelo, and Bryant as well.. What makes you think Rose is going to make a difference? Especially when he's still not in game shape.

JordansBulls
04-17-2013, 03:10 PM
LeBron guards the likes of Durant, Carmelo, and Bryant as well.. What makes you think Rose is going to make a difference? Especially when he's still not in game shape.

Well last time he guarded Durant for a series Durant averaged 31 ppg on 55% FG. Melo averaged what Lebron did.
Now that Melo has gotten more training for the playoffs I don't see Lebron guarding him especially after just scoring 50 on the Heat a few weeks back.

Captain Moroni
04-17-2013, 03:29 PM
I got three replies into this thread and stopped reading. Just going to throw in my two cents.

1. Heat fans are UBER Defensive. Heaven forbid ANYONE suggest that they are in any way vulnerable to defeat.

2. The regular season means nothing to heat fans unless it proves their point that they dominated you all year.

3. Heat fans are just so ridiculously cocky that everyone roots against their team

4. All Heat players including Joel Anthony are better than anyone on your favorite team.

5. The Heat actually beat Dallas two years ago. Don't argue.

6. the Heat are going for their 27th championship in a row this year.

7. The heat were 82-0 this season. They just decided to give out wins to certain teams on their schedule to show kindness. They actually could have won every one of them but tried NOT to.

8. Their is an excuse for every game they didn't win by 30 this year.

9. Your team actually never scored on Miami, you just think they did.

10. The refs never give any calls to Miami. Lebron james never got fouled all year because of the stupid NBA Refs and David Sterns vendetta against "The Decision" an ESPN Mini-series

Of Course the Nets, Spurs, Thunder, knicks, Clippers, Nuggests, Celtics, Pacers, Hawks, Jazz, Bulls, and Warriors have no chance to beat the Heat., just ask a heat fan.

Why exactly are we playing the playoffs anyway.

SportsFanatic10
04-17-2013, 04:15 PM
I got three replies into this thread and stopped reading. Just going to throw in my two cents.

1. Heat fans are UBER Defensive. Heaven forbid ANYONE suggest that they are in any way vulnerable to defeat.

2. The regular season means nothing to heat fans unless it proves their point that they dominated you all year.

3. Heat fans are just so ridiculously cocky that everyone roots against their team

4. All Heat players including Joel Anthony are better than anyone on your favorite team.

7. The heat were 82-0 this season. They just decided to give out wins to certain teams on their schedule to show kindness. They actually could have won every one of them but tried NOT to.

10. The refs never give any calls to Miami. Lebron james never got fouled all year because of the stupid NBA Refs and David Sterns vendetta against "The Decision" an ESPN Mini-series

Of Course the Nets, Spurs, Thunder, knicks, Clippers, Nuggests, Celtics, Pacers, Hawks, Jazz, Bulls, and Warriors have no chance to beat the Heat., just ask a heat fan.

nice little rant...feel better after typing that?

NYJ - NYY
04-17-2013, 04:24 PM

wooooooo gett'em!!! lookin at YOU JUSTINNUM

beasted86
04-17-2013, 04:29 PM
I never got the feeling Miami cant be beating i dont picture them as a dominant team. So yes Nets have a shot to beat Miami. It will boil down to how the game is called and who want it most. Will they call touch fouls, Flopping, players jumping in the defenders space and be rewarded a foul or will they allow Lebron to run over folks. If they call a clean game Either team can win. Miami dont have a clear cut advantage.
Comedy at its finest. :laugh:

OceanSpray
04-17-2013, 04:30 PM
Well last time he guarded Durant for a series Durant averaged 31 ppg on 55% FG. Melo averaged what Lebron did.
Now that Melo has gotten more training for the playoffs I don't see Lebron guarding him especially after just scoring 50 on the Heat a few weeks back.

Durant/Melo are tougher to guard than Rose and that was why I alluded to the fact that James would have no problem guarding Rose; especially when he isn't even 100%. Not saying Rose isn't good, just saying he's not going to be as threatening as he used to be.

beasted86
04-17-2013, 04:32 PM

Finally! Somebody gets it.

Somebody get this moron a beer.

justinnum1
04-17-2013, 04:35 PM

Guess what. (http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz194/saes329/BarrackObamagif__BarackObamaDidNotRead_d61f7e_3675 033.gif)

NYJ - NYY
04-17-2013, 04:37 PM
wooooooo gett'em!!! lookin at YOU JUSTINNUM

Guess what. (http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Barrack+Obama+gif..+Barack+Obama+Did+Not+Read_d61f 7e_3675033.gif)

there he is... never fails

TheIlladelph16
04-17-2013, 04:50 PM

hahaha this quite literally made me choke on my coffee

Byronicle
04-17-2013, 04:52 PM
No

And you know why? Which team has the most playoff experiences with each other?

The Nets just formed up this year essentially since Lopez was injured a majority of the games last year, JJ was signed and Gerald Wallace is injured prone.

Miami Heat have been in back to back championships. They played together much longer. They have gelled and they know how to get things done.

It doesn’t matter if Nets are strong where the Heat is weak, because its all about chemistry at the end of the day and the Heat have more winning chemistry in a playoff environment then Nets, where this roster together as a team has zero

NY007
04-17-2013, 05:06 PM
Anything is possible but Deron and Joe Johnson are gonna have to go off, it's a good matchup though. Where the Heat are vulnerable the Nets are strong.

OceanSpray
04-17-2013, 05:08 PM
Anything is possible but Deron and Joe Johnson are gonna have to go off, it's a good matchup though. Where the Heat are vulnerable the Nets are strong.

If this was the case, any team would have a chance to win.

NY007
04-17-2013, 05:08 PM
Guess what. (http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz194/saes329/BarrackObamagif__BarackObamaDidNotRead_d61f7e_3675 033.gif)

Ha the biggest troll and bandwagon poster on this forum

NY007
04-17-2013, 05:09 PM
If this was the case, any team would have a chance to win.

Believe it or not any team does, gotta play the games man.

NYJ - NYY
04-17-2013, 05:52 PM

hahaha this quite literally made me choke on my coffee

I happy I can provide laughs be careful lol

Captain Moroni
04-17-2013, 05:54 PM
Finally! Somebody gets it.

Somebody get this moron a beer.

See #1

WHODAT8o8
04-17-2013, 06:04 PM
Anybody can beat anybody thats part of what makes sports, well sports. Unless stern and the refs decide to take over

bucketss
04-17-2013, 06:10 PM
nets aren't the least bit scary, bucks i think would put up a better fight.

netsgiantsyanks
04-17-2013, 06:16 PM
slim chance.

xxplayerxx23
04-17-2013, 06:34 PM
nets aren't the least bit scary, bucks i think would put up a better fight.

Disagree with that.. But I get the point lets see if Brooklyn can get past the bulls

PC
04-17-2013, 06:41 PM
I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility but it's highly unlikely.

Crackadalic
04-17-2013, 07:27 PM
They have to face a tough bulls team first. Baby steps man

ChitownBears22
04-17-2013, 07:28 PM
No. The Nets can win 1 maybe 2, but to outperform the HEAT 4 games is going to be almost impossible for any team in the league.

NY007
04-17-2013, 10:22 PM
Anybody can beat anybody thats part of what makes sports, well sports. Unless stern and the refs decide to take over

Ding ding ding! We have a winner lol

ChitownBears22
04-17-2013, 10:28 PM
Ding ding ding! We have a winner lol

Charlotte can win a 7 game series against the HEAT? You did say anyone, and that is simply not the case

Mayweather&NYK
04-17-2013, 10:57 PM
The Nets??? No... lullz

The Nets and Chicago should be entertaining, but I dont see the Nets even getting passed them. Chicago should win in 5 and it will be a looooooooooooong time until we see DMF post again after that.... or he'll/she'll have a lame excuse as to why they lost....

Ezio
04-17-2013, 11:04 PM
The Nets??? No... lullz

The Nets and Chicago should be entertaining, but I dont see the Nets even getting passed them. Chicago should win in 5 and it will be a looooooooooooong time until we see DMF post again after that.... or he'll/she'll have a lame excuse as to why they lost....

"I'm not mad, went home and had fun with my gf"

29$JerZ
04-17-2013, 11:07 PM
Is Noah healthy enough to play the entire series?

DoMeFavors
04-17-2013, 11:19 PM
the nets??? No... Lullz

the nets and chicago should be entertaining, but i dont see the nets even getting passed them. Chicago should win in 5 and it will be a looooooooooooong time until we see dmf post again after that.... Or he'll/she'll have a lame excuse as to why they lost....

dude they have nobody on their team, they dont stand a snowmans chance in hell of beating us. Have you not seen dwill

Knickfansince97
04-17-2013, 11:26 PM
hell no.

njnets
04-17-2013, 11:31 PM
pace of the game is key. nets are one of the slowest and heat like to run

Mayweather&NYK
04-18-2013, 12:25 AM
dude they have nobody on their team, they dont stand a snowmans chance in hell of beating us. Have you not seen dwill

I honestly think its a bad match up for you guys. The focal point of your offense is brook, they have Noah, Taj, and Booz to counter that. Dwill has definitely elevated his play, but I think especially if D Rose gives it a go, it'll be a long summer for you DMF. They are more complete and much better defensively thank Brooklyn. Your offense isnt powerful enough to beat them 4/7.

Captain Moroni
04-18-2013, 12:43 AM
Bulls might only need 5 games to win this series.

DoMeFavors
04-18-2013, 12:48 AM
I honestly think its a bad match up for you guys. The focal point of your offense is brook, they have Noah, Taj, and Booz to counter that. Dwill has definitely elevated his play, but I think especially if D Rose gives it a go, it'll be a long summer for you DMF. They are more complete and much better defensively thank Brooklyn. Your offense isnt powerful enough to beat them 4/7.

Nets have 3 major offensive options and if Rose returns he hasnt played in an NBA game in 12 months there is no chemistry down, he isnt in game shape, no rhythm and he would have to deal with Deron Williams. Philly killed them last year, dude we know its going to be an easy series. Watch and learn this time next week nets will be up 3-0.

THE MTL
04-18-2013, 01:02 AM
Nets have a small chance I'll give them that. They do have a nice advantage at PG and center. They just have to make sure Reggie Evans keeps his mouth shut and never compare Andray Blatche/Joe Johnson to Lebron James ever again lol.

THE MTL
04-18-2013, 01:08 AM

True story. You ask Heat fans, what happened when the Knicks beat them by 20pts during the first meeting?...Oh the Heat didn't feel like playing because of the hurricane lol