PDA

View Full Version : LeBron on pace to finish 3rd all time in three pointers made??

LayBraun
04-16-2013, 02:36 AM
Obviously the pace will be incredibly hard to keep up but as lebron ages and starts to lose athleticism I can see him becoming a deadly jump shooter.

By the way, I posted this because I had no idea he was on such a pace. People don't consider him a jump shooter but if he is on that pace that's pretty impressive.

Where do you guys think he ends up at the end of his career?

lincecum=future
04-16-2013, 02:52 AM
Based on playing how many years?

IKnowHoops
04-16-2013, 02:52 AM
It just goes to show you how underrated Lebron still is. I think of Lebron as a good 3pt shooter. I think most people think of him as average at best. Who knew this dude was on pace to be number 3 all time in made 3 pointers. How do haters alone have the power to keep this hidden?

tredigs
04-16-2013, 03:03 AM
It just goes to show you how underrated Lebron still is. I think of Lebron as a good 3pt shooter. I think most people think of him as average at best. Who knew this dude was on pace to be number 3 all time in made 3 pointers. How do haters alone have the power to keep this hidden?

Your sycophantic and defensive nature with Lebron is weird dude. Calm down. Before last season, Lebron was a very middling 3pt shooter (tho' his mid-range game had already made the leap), but then he began to improve and had his first above par season. This year, it has REALLY improved. Part of this is likely due to him taking less/smarter 3's per game than he did earlier in his career. It's a testament to his bbiq and maturity.

At any rate, how are you calculating this OP? Are you guessing that he plays 10 more years? 8? What about how many 3's per game he's taking - he takes less now than he did in his earlier years. Obviously that makes a difference. Are you also taking into account the future of current high volume 3 pt takers? KD? Young guns like Curry who can make up ground in a hurry?

mngopher35
04-16-2013, 03:07 AM
Based on playing how many years?

To me it looks like, assuming he makes the same amount each year and doesnt become more of a shooter, like 9-10 years. He has made 1020 currently and kidd is in third with 1986. I'm not sure I'd say on pace for 3rd place, but top 10 (roughly 1700) seems more than likely. If he becomes more of a shooter as he loses his athleticism then we could talk top 3.

HYFR
04-16-2013, 03:15 AM
He would have to make about 100 3's a season for 10 more years to get there. Idk if he will put up enough attempts to get there. He has only 240 attempts this year compared to his Cleveland days when he was jacking 350+ a yr.

IKnowHoops
04-16-2013, 03:23 AM
Your sycophantic and defensive nature with Lebron is weird dude. Calm down. Before last season, Lebron was a very middling 3pt shooter (tho' his mid-range game had already made the leap), but then he began to improve and had his first above par season. This year, it has REALLY improved. Part of this is likely due to him taking less/smarter 3's per game than he did earlier in his career. It's a testament to his bbiq and maturity.

At any rate, how are you calculating this OP? Are you guessing that he plays 10 more years? 8? What about how many 3's per game he's taking - he takes less now than he did in his earlier years. Obviously that makes a difference. Are you also taking into account the future of current high volume 3 pt takers? KD? Young guns like Curry who can make up ground in a hurry?

So he is a middle of the pack three point shooter and he's on pace for number 3 spot in 3's made.

Makes perfect sense!

Micheal Jordan is a middle of the pack scorer and he's got the 3 spot.

Barry Sanders is a middle of the pack rusher, and he's got the 3 spot.

Terrell Owens is a middle of the pack TD grabber, and he's got the 3 spot.

Welcome to Tre's world, where when it makes no sense, it makes perfect sense.
Nothin but love for ya Tre

tredigs
04-16-2013, 03:40 AM
So he is a middle of the pack three point shooter and he's on pace for number 3 spot in 3's made.

Makes perfect sense!

Your sychophanting is clouding that pesky "reality" thing again. Those players are actually #3 in those respective stats, this thread is simply a projection of what could possibly be in some distant future that Lebron plays in at the same pace for a certain # of years that is still undetermined by the OP. You realize that, yeah?...

And yes, a middling 3pt shooter is one who shoots at roughly 33%. Lebron - despite one above par season and one elite season - is still a career 33.7% 3pt shooter. For people to acknowledge that as average was both perfectly fair and 100% correct.

But I don't know why I'm bothering, I'll let you get back to your LBJ poster now.

mngopher35
04-16-2013, 03:46 AM

Makes perfect sense!

What he said was true. Before last year Lebron was averaging 33% from 3 point range, which to me seems roughly middle of the pack. If he was on pace to 3rd most threes made, it was due more to volume than efficiency. Over the past couple years it appears Lebron has improved his 3 ball and is well above average from 3 now.

odiz
04-16-2013, 03:49 AM

Makes perfect sense!

Its to do with volume buddy. Do you really think Jason Kidd is the 3rd best 3 point shooter of all time? Hes below 35% for his career. His knickname used to be Ason Kidd, as in no J...

hugepatsfan
04-16-2013, 10:28 AM

Makes perfect sense!

So you think Jason Kidd is one of the great 3 point shooters of all time... do us all a favor and pour water over your keyboard.

JoeBlessU
04-16-2013, 10:50 AM

LOL...This is true.. Why do Lebron Lovers always feel the need to back him up? They are the worst at this. The guy is on top of the world right now but they feel he is still deserving of more haha. Good god people we all know hes the best at basketball right now... You can all rest comfortably knowing the king is still ruling your lives.

Big Zo
04-16-2013, 10:53 AM
LOL...This is true.. Why do Lebron Lovers always feel the need to back him up? They are the worst at this. The guy is on top of the world right now but they feel he is still deserving of more haha. Good god people we all know hes the best at basketball right now... You can all rest comfortably knowing the king is still ruling your lives.

Judging by all the time you spend commenting on him, I'd say he's ruling your life, too.

JoeBlessU
04-16-2013, 11:01 AM
Judging by all the time you spend commenting on him, I'd say he's ruling your life, too.

All the time I spend commenting on him? I have a whopping 0.36 posts per day and 1 of the past 10 were on Lebron… Do some hw before you make stupid comments

Big Zo
04-16-2013, 11:18 AM
All the time I spend commenting on him? I have a whopping 0.36 posts per day and 1 of the past 10 were on Lebron… Do some hw before you make stupid comments

Bwahahaha! Everything you post on the NBA forum deals with LeBron. You and that other guy that's obsessed with Melo being the MVP should get married.

JoeBlessU
04-16-2013, 11:40 AM
Bwahahaha! Everything you post on the NBA forum deals with LeBron. You and that other guy that's obsessed with Melo being the MVP should get married.

I cant believe people as stupid as you exist. Typical Lebron fan, you throw legitimate statistics at them to back your argument and they come back with BWahahaha.. Good argument.. If you ever wonder why you consider Lebron a god, look no further than ur lack of self accomplishment and worth..We should get married? What a childish response.. It accurately reflects your intelligence level.

TheIlladelph16
04-16-2013, 11:58 AM
What "legitimate stats" did you throw out exactly because I don't see any from you? And the whole "stats" argument ultimately favors Lebron, so I'm not sure how this is "typical" in any way.

ManRam
04-16-2013, 12:05 PM

Makes perfect sense!

it does make perfect sense. it's sad you can't see it.

JoeBlessU
04-16-2013, 12:15 PM
What "legitimate stats" did you throw out exactly because I don't see any from you? And the whole "stats" argument ultimately favors Lebron, so I'm not sure how this is "typical" in any way.

It was more in regards to my frequency of posting (.36x per day) lebron comments. But while we are at it.. this poster is a great example of a Lebron Sycophanatic.. 33.7% career is not good. Its average at best. This is a legitimate argument to a Lebron D rider who ignores the simple facts because they SO badly want to give him more and more and more credit. Oh and if you would like another "legitimate stat" heres a good one.. Lebron has been in the league for 9 seasons and has 1 lock-out shortened title to show for it..But hes the GOAT right? LOL..D'hoookay

beasted86
04-16-2013, 12:23 PM
What he said was true. Before last year Lebron was averaging 33% from 3 point range, which to me seems roughly middle of the pack. If he was on pace to 3rd most threes made, it was due more to volume than efficiency. Over the past couple years it appears Lebron has improved his 3 ball and is well above average from 3 now.

I don't get where any of you are going. Kidd is 3rd and is a career 35% shooter.

That isn't exactly elite percentage, all that matters though is he is 3rd in makes. If Lebron is on pace to finish around 3rd, nobody is trying to make more out of it. So what are you people trying to debate exactly?

ManRam
04-16-2013, 12:29 PM
this is the first year i wouldn't hesitate labeling him something more than an average 3 point shooter. i've never been one accused of unfairly criticizing lebron; it just is what it is. i don't care about volume, he never has been more than an average three point shooter. the stats make that as clear as day.

lebron has made 1,020 threes in his career (68th)
lebron has taken 3,026 threes in his career (60th)

he very well could end up 3rd all time, but it would coincide with him being very, very, very high up there in attempts. because career-wise, he isn't even in the top 300 in 3 pt percentage.

also, a LOT of active guys are in the top 15 though...10 of the top 13 are as well. almost half of all the guys ahead of him are active, which makes sense considering how recently it was that the three become so pivotal.

3rd all time doesn't magically turn a guy who was never an elite shooter magically into an elite shooter. it just means he attempted a ton, and did subsequently make a ton too

TheNumber37
04-16-2013, 12:40 PM
No, he's not. Because jump shooting isn't going to extend Lebron's career. He's gonna finish his career as a PF. So talk rebounds over 3s...

As Lebron get's slower teams won't relegate him as a spot up shooter, but as a flash screener from the posr.

beasted86
04-16-2013, 12:42 PM
Why do so many people in this thread misuse the word sycophantic?

Makes you look stupid trying to use big words and botching its use.

JoeBlessU
04-16-2013, 12:52 PM
Why do so many people in this thread misuse the word sycophantic?

Makes you look stupid trying to use big words and botching its use.

syc·o·phant (sk-fnt, sk-)
n.
A servile self-seeker who attempts to win favor by flattering influential people.

Misuse? Sounds like its spot on when describing a Lebron fan. I think you meant "use big words and botch its use" but your smart so you knew that lol

mngopher35
04-16-2013, 12:55 PM
I don't get where any of you are going. Kidd is 3rd and is a career 35% shooter.

That isn't exactly elite percentage, all that matters though is he is 3rd in makes. If Lebron is on pace to finish around 3rd, nobody is trying to make more out of it. So what are you people trying to debate exactly?

One of the posters got called out for saying up until last year Lebron was an average 3 point shooter. My point is that he was right because lebron averaged 33% to that point, which is about average. You can claim you think he will get top 3 and beat out kidd, I have no problem with you predicting that. It didn't have to do with the record, just another poster going overboard on what that means.

IKnowHoops
04-16-2013, 01:26 PM
it does make perfect sense. it's sad you can't see it.

Don't you think funny would be a better word. Sad is what happened in Boston. I love these over dramatic psd posters.

Big Zo
04-16-2013, 01:28 PM

It was more in regards to my frequency of posting (.36x per day) lebron comments. But while we are at it.. this poster is a great example of a Lebron Sycophanatic.. 33.7% career is not good. Its average at best. This is a legitimate argument to a Lebron D rider who ignores the simple facts because they SO badly want to give him more and more and more credit. Oh and if you would like another "legitimate stat" heres a good one.. Lebron has been in the league for 9 seasons and has 1 lock-out shortened title to show for it..But hes the GOAT right? LOL..D'hoookay

Lol! I never commented on LeBron's 3 pt shooting. How would you know how I feel about it? Also, now that Kobe's career is pretty much done, who's D will you be riding now?

IKnowHoops
04-16-2013, 01:35 PM
Your sychophanting is clouding that pesky "reality" thing again. Those players are actually #3 in those respective stats, this thread is simply a projection of what could possibly be in some distant future that Lebron plays in at the same pace for a certain # of years that is still undetermined by the OP. You realize that, yeah?...

And yes, a middling 3pt shooter is one who shoots at roughly 33%. Lebron - despite one above par season and one elite season - is still a career 33.7% 3pt shooter. For people to acknowledge that as average was both perfectly fair and 100% correct.

But I don't know why I'm bothering, I'll let you get back to your LBJ poster now.

Jordan was once an average jump shooter too. Im not disagreeing that LBJ was average, but he currently is not. I'm talking about what he currently is, not what he was so that you can argue with me bro. Stay in the present Tre, its ok, I know going back in time helps you build an argument against me but stay in the current bro.

Hawkeye15
04-16-2013, 01:37 PM
He probably ends up shooting less and less three's as his career goes on. Doubt he finishes top 5 in makes

JoeBlessU
04-16-2013, 01:41 PM
Lol! I never commented on LeBron's 3 pt shooting. How would you know how I feel about it? Also, now that Kobe's career is pretty much done, who's D will you be riding now?

I hate Kobe and Lebron..:shrug: Both are egotistical maniacs who are driven by rubes that make them into something they are not, they are just basketball players. Kobe is somewhat intelligent so I can tolerate him a bit more. I am gonna ride Ricky Rubio's D, he appreciates his gift and embraces it w/o looking like a self-indulgent D bag and saying hes underpaid or gonna win 8 titles etc etc etc

Chronz
04-16-2013, 01:41 PM
Anyone got the numbers/rankings handy on Antoine Walker?

Vinylman
04-16-2013, 01:42 PM
This is a joke, right?

You got guys that are WAY ahead of him on the list still increasing their gap over him this year

see

Jason Terry +891
Paul Pierce +802
Jason Kidd +968

just to name a few

How the Hell is LeBron gonna pass them when guys like Pierce and Terry will be playing another 2-3 years?

The OP needs a remedial math course

Vinylman
04-16-2013, 01:43 PM
Anyone got the numbers/rankings handy on Antoine Walker?

1386/4284

IKnowHoops
04-16-2013, 01:51 PM
n.
A servile self-seeker who attempts to win favor by flattering influential people.

Misuse? Sounds like its spot on when describing a Lebron fan. I think you meant "use big words and botch its use" but your smart so you knew that lol

Well bro, I don't think anyone posting thinks Lebron is gonna call them up and say "hey, thanks for that post on psd pal, wanna be on my war team?" So yes the word it botched. Not surprising that these wizards of PSD are using words they don't fully comprehend.

Vinylman
04-16-2013, 02:25 PM
Well bro, I don't think anyone posting thinks Lebron is gonna call them up and say "hey, thanks for that post on psd pal, wanna be on my war team?" So yes the word it botched. Not surprising that these wizards of PSD are using words they don't fully comprehend.

pole smoker is much more accurate

which is probably the best term to describe anyone who thinks he is "on pace to finish 3rd..."

try and stay focused on the premise of the thread rather than trying to engage people in a vocabulary debate...

Your attempt to deflect from the real issue is the only wizardry going on in here

Riodagoat
04-16-2013, 02:28 PM
He won't. I love Lebron and he's been shooting a career percentage in 3 pt land this year but he won't end up that high. He's not the type of player where he used to shoot 4-5+ 3 pt shots per game like he did in Cleveland. Yes there will be games where he will but you won't see it much.

I'm excited to see what he does as he gets older and his athleticism diminishes. I think he would spend most of his time in the post by then.

tredigs
04-16-2013, 02:35 PM
Jordan was once an average jump shooter too. Im not disagreeing that LBJ was average, but he currently is not. I'm talking about what he currently is, not what he was so that you can argue with me bro. Stay in the present Tre, its ok, I know going back in time helps you build an argument against me but stay in the current bro.

Your sycophantic and defensive nature with Lebron is weird dude. Calm down. Before last season, Lebron WAS a very middling 3pt shooter (tho' his mid-range game had already made the leap), BUT THEN he began to improve and had his first above par season. This year, it has REALLY improved. Part of this is likely due to him taking less/smarter 3's per game than he did earlier in his career. It's a testament to his bbiq and maturity.

Troll on kid, but you're only going to end up continually embarrassing yourself when you keep challenging what is clear for everyone to see. The guy is easily one of my favorite players to come through this league, and you are easily one of the most pathetic posters to come through this forum. Both are incredible feats in their own right.

Max.This
04-16-2013, 02:46 PM
Some of you guys are weird. Just think about it, you spend all this time arguing on forums defending or badgering Lebron's game while he cares more about how fast his grass on his lawn grows than what you guys have to say or not to say. Freakin losers

tredigs
04-16-2013, 02:51 PM
Some of you guys are weird. Just think about it, you spend all this time arguing on forums defending or badgering Lebron's game while he cares more about how fast his grass on his lawn grows than what you guys have to say or not to say. Freakin losers

Yet here you are, on the same forum, with multiple posts per day talking about players and teams that don't know you exist. You freakin' loser.

I love talking sports - especially the NBA - on a level that my friends just can't take after a while. And argument is fun, though not when it's with a guy like IknowHoops who has an agenda and talking points. It's like watching Fox News or MSNBC; can only handle in very limited amounts when you need a laugh and want to see how they actually defend their stances.

NoahH
04-16-2013, 02:57 PM
Everyone always goes on and on about how LeBron has no outside shooting game whatsoever (that was a major criticism of the Mavericks series) yet, hes shooting over 40% from three this year which is better than many years that Ray Allen and Reggie Miller had. Yes, I know he only makes a little over 1 three per game, and he isnt in the same shooting category of the Ray Allen's, but hes a good shooter. In the past he's been brutal, hovering between 31-33% for a while, but hes made himself into a solid and reliable shooter.

Vinylman
04-16-2013, 03:08 PM
Everyone always goes on and on about how LeBron has no outside shooting game whatsoever (that was a major criticism of the Mavericks series) yet, hes shooting over 40% from three this year which is better than many years that Ray Allen and Reggie Miller had. Yes, I know he only makes a little over 1 three per game, and he isnt in the same shooting category of the Ray Allen's, but hes a good shooter. In the past he's been brutal, hovering between 31-33% for a while, but hes made himself into a solid and reliable shooter.

Who has disagreed with your post in here?

The discussion isn't about Lebron's improvement or even his outside shot (all of which have improved), but rather the asinine idea that he is on pace to be 3rd all time in makes...

You shouldn't feel the need to defend Lebron in this case... he is what he is... the best player in the NBA

DumDum
04-16-2013, 03:16 PM
pole smoker is much more accurate

which is probably the best term to describe anyone who thinks he is "on pace to finish 3rd..."

try and stay focused on the premise of the thread rather than trying to engage people in a vocabulary debate...

Your attempt to deflect from the real issue is the only wizardry going on in here

He will be up in the mix when its all said and done. That pretty good for someone with his skill set. He hasn't taken as many three's now.

smoking poles is bad

http://i45.tinypic.com/2qklcua.jpg

mp3
04-16-2013, 03:23 PM
Curry is being talked about breaking the single season 3 point mark. I guess that means we need to drag Lebron into the conversation somehow...

DumDum
04-16-2013, 03:28 PM
Curry is being talked about breaking the single season 3 point mark. I guess that means we need to drag Lebron into the conversation somehow...

I think the OP is speculating I can't speak for him so I won't. For future reference no likes a wet blanket

nickdymez
04-16-2013, 03:29 PM

This. PSD is notorious for bringing Lebron into any relavant conversation in attempts to shove him down our throats. For example, if Dwight was gonna break the rebounding record, some Heat fan would make a thread about how Lebron will break the record in 25 years or something

DumDum
04-16-2013, 03:35 PM
This. PSD is notorious for bringing Lebron into any relavant conversation in attempts to shove him down our throats. For example, if Dwight was gonna break the rebounding record, some Heat fan would make a thread about how Lebron will break the record in 25 years or something

& kobe

TheIlladelph16
04-16-2013, 03:38 PM

Damnit Joe, I finally found a post of yours that I could get behind to at least a certain extent up until the nonsense last two sentences.

Frankly, the whole 3PT discussion and Lebron is pretty dumb to begin with which we both agree upon. I think even the OP should be able to recognize that if Lebron finishes with the 3rd most 3Pters then it had more to do with volume than it did his 3PT ability. Lebron still takes some flak for very dumb reasons... Trying to prop up his 3PT shooting prowess (which has very much improved and should be noted) after 8 seasons of meh shooting from that range is not something to use to combat the flak.

Those last two sentences though.... anyone who brings up that it is a lockout ring, I ultimately can't take seriously. Every single team played under the same rules and conditions that the Miami Heat played under. I'm sure you'd like to explain why all-time greats Tim Duncan and David Robinson should also include an asterisk next to their names in the records for the same reason.... right?

TheIlladelph16
04-16-2013, 03:41 PM

I mean its better than talking endlessly about what a tragedy Kobe's injury is and his uncontested, unequaled, all-time great, never-will-be-matched will to win;)

This stuff goes both ways, so please do not act as if it doesn't.

DumDum
04-16-2013, 03:46 PM
:laugh:

Vinylman
04-16-2013, 04:15 PM
He will be up in the mix when its all said and done. That pretty good for someone with his skill set. He hasn't taken as many three's now.

smoking poles is bad

http://i45.tinypic.com/2qklcua.jpg

in the mix for top 3?

nah... I have a hard time seeing him even getting to top 10

Even using the absurd assumption that he will play 10 more years and average 100 per year (120 next 5 / 80 last 5) there is no way he will pass the current top 5

Add to that the following list of guys who are ahead of him and still have a lot of playing time left and who are widening the gap each year.

Jamal Crawford
Joe Johnson
Kyle Korver

Then add the guys who are behind him that will pass him in the next 4-5 years and have more time left

Steph Curry
Ryan Anderson
Kevin Durant

Again, the idea of him ever being top 3 is ridiculous... he isn't even top 30 in makes this year

nickdymez
04-16-2013, 04:23 PM
I mean its better than talking endlessly about what a tragedy Kobe's injury is and his uncontested, unequaled, all-time great, never-will-be-matched will to win;)

Kobe just got injured a few days ago bro

KingPosey
04-16-2013, 04:37 PM

Makes perfect sense!

Volume does not = greatness

It is a pretty simple concept. I can give you examples if you don't grasp it. It sure sounds like you just wanted to make your point, not have a discussion.

SwatTeam
04-16-2013, 04:43 PM
I hope Kobe tears his Achilles' tendon then has to have surgery the next day.

Because Kobe hasn't been mentioned enough. Also, stop with the Lebron slurping. Let his career play out first before we have these discussions. Honestly, who cares where he'll rank. It could all end with a misstep. Enjoy the present. Take a few days off like the players are before the real season begins. Stop making stupid threads.

TheIlladelph16
04-16-2013, 04:50 PM
Kobe just got injured a few days ago bro

I'm aware. That wasn't even the point of my post. To act as if Kobe doesn't take up a significant portion of discussion on this website, both positive and negative, in favor of simply shoving Lebron in your face, is just dumb.

I mean in this topic for example, the title literally has "Lebron" in it.... Why come into a topic that is centered around solely Lebron just to make a comment like that? Had this been the "Derrick Rose" topic and you made this comment, I wouldn't have even said anything. But ya didn't haha.

LayBraun
04-16-2013, 04:52 PM

Sorry, I was on my phone when I posted this and couldn't quote the tweet and at this point I even forgot who tweeted it but it was by someone who covers the NBA.

NoahH
04-16-2013, 04:53 PM
Does he end up third all time? NO. He will probably break 2000 career 3 point makes but that WONT be third all time 10-15 years from now.

LeBron currently has 1020 Threes made. If he plays for 10 more years on that pace he will hit 2040.

This is good for third place right now behind Reggie and Ray Allen. So mathematically he will hit third place (if no one else hit a three ever again). However, there are alot of variables that can affect this position:

1) It remains to be seen if he will shoot MORE or LESS threes in the coming years. People argue when his athleticism declines he will become a jump shooter. His shooting percentage is going up so he will make more as well. Therefore, it is safe to say he will either hit the same amount of three per year as he does now or more.

2) Injury. If he gets injured then he won't get to 3rd or if he plays less than 10 more years.

3) Active players. This is the main factor. There are some active players that could keep hitting threes and increase the third place 3point made from the current 1988 to higher. Kidd currently has 1988 threes and it safe to say hes almost done so that might not increase much. However, Jason Terry has 1911 so he could play another 3 or 4 years and add 500 threes on his total bringing him to 2400. Also one word.. Steph Curry. There are a number of other players who are hitting threes at a faster pace than LeBron that could end up ahead of him down the road if they stay healthy.

THEREFORE. I do not believe he will be third, but will be top 6 or 7 for sure barring injury.

Vinylman
04-16-2013, 05:17 PM
Does he end up third all time? NO. He will probably break 2000 career 3 point makes but that WONT be third all time 10-15 years from now.

LeBron currently has 1020 Threes made. If he plays for 10 more years on that pace he will hit 2040.

This is good for third place right now behind Reggie and Ray Allen. So mathematically he will hit third place (if no one else hit a three ever again). However, there are alot of variables that can affect this position:

1) It remains to be seen if he will shoot MORE or LESS threes in the coming years. People argue when his athleticism declines he will become a jump shooter. His shooting percentage is going up so he will make more as well. Therefore, it is safe to say he will either hit the same amount of three per year as he does now or more.

2) Injury. If he gets injured then he won't get to 3rd or if he plays less than 10 more years.

3) Active players. This is the main factor. There are some active players that could keep hitting threes and increase the third place 3point made from the current 1988 to higher. Kidd currently has 1988 threes and it safe to say hes almost done so that might not increase much. However, Jason Terry has 1911 so he could play another 3 or 4 years and add 500 threes on his total bringing him to 2400. Also one word.. Steph Curry. There are a number of other players who are hitting threes at a faster pace than LeBron that could end up ahead of him down the road if they stay healthy.

THEREFORE. I do not believe he will be third, but will be top 6 or 7 for sure barring injury.

the bolded is nuts

KIDD made more 3's this year than Lebron

No Chance he passes Paul Pierce either

As for top 6/7... not gonna happen ... won't even realistically be top ten (see my prior post)

nickdymez
04-16-2013, 05:25 PM

Heat Homers are the worst. Have you taken into account the actual shooters in the league that are younger and shoot much more threes than Lebron? Like for instance, STEPH CURRY?

NoahH
04-16-2013, 05:28 PM
the bolded is nuts

KIDD made more 3's this year than Lebron

No Chance he passes Paul Pierce either

As for top 6/7... not gonna happen ... won't even realistically be top ten (see my prior post)

Just basing it on the fact that Kidd will retire soon.

Heat Homers are the worst. Have you taken into account the actual shooters in the league that are younger and shoot much more threes than Lebron? Like for instance, STEPH CURRY?

Did you read my entire thread? Would you kindly re-read it especially point 3 because in there I said the main reason he wont be top 3 and not even top 5 is because of younger shooter like for instance STEPH CURRY. As you can see if you reread by post please

DumDum
04-16-2013, 05:29 PM

kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe

KnicksorBust
04-16-2013, 05:37 PM
The ironic thing about this thread is he was on a faster pace before he went to Miami and actually became a good 3pt shooter.

tredigs
04-16-2013, 05:38 PM

No, you are the worst. He clearly mentioned young players, and put particular emphasis on him. Breathe, read, compute. Less typing, more thinking.

nickdymez
04-16-2013, 05:41 PM
No, you are the worst. He clearly mentioned young players, and put particular emphasis on him. Breathe, read, compute. Less typing, more thinking.

You got me bro.

flea
04-16-2013, 05:44 PM
I'm not betting on Lebron's body (specifically knees and ankles) to last as many minutes at a high level as Kobe's or Jordan's. He's still a physical slasher and we're seeing what that does to a guy who relies on that skillset for scoring (Wade).

odiz
04-16-2013, 05:46 PM

Thats two words..

ManRam
04-16-2013, 05:46 PM
You got me bro.

at the very least what LayBraun is to LeBron, you are to Kobe...

Vinylman
04-16-2013, 05:52 PM
Just basing it on the fact that Kidd will retire soon.

Your own numbers suggest that Lebron will never pass Kidd if Kidd only plays one more year and only makes half of the threes he made this year...

no thoughts on the other guys?

LayBraun
04-16-2013, 05:55 PM

It's clear my username was a horrible choice because people clearly overlook my basketball intelligence because of it. Hell, I'm not even a Heat fan. LeBron entered the NBA when I was 10. He's been my favorite

I never stated he'd finish 3rd. Ne

Vinylman
04-16-2013, 05:57 PM
it's clear my username was a horrible choice because people clearly overlook my basketball intelligence because of it. hell, i'm not even a heat fan. Lebron entered the nba when i was 10. He's been my favorite

i never stated he'd finish 3rd. Ne

smfh

Your OP is supported by no facts to indicate he is on pace to accomplish what you are saying

LayBraun
04-16-2013, 05:59 PM

It's clear my username was a horrible choice because people clearly overlook my basketball intelligence because of it. Hell, I'm not even a Heat fan. LeBron entered the NBA when I was 10. He's been my favorite since he was in high school. I grew up playing basketball and watching this guy play.

I never stated he'd finish 3rd. Never shoved LeBron "down PSDs throat" like I saw someone mention. I simply posted a thread about the best player in the NBA and a player who will go down as top 3 ever. Not sure why people don't understand he's what's going to be talked about.

Anywho, I just wondered where people realistically think he'd end up all time because I had no idea he was on such a pace.

championships
04-16-2013, 06:00 PM
On pace... lmao

LayBraun
04-16-2013, 06:00 PM
smfh

Your OP is supported by no facts to indicate he is on pace to accomplish what you are saying

I posted this at like 1 in the morning after seeing a tweet from someone who covers the NBA. I don't have that statistical info at hand right now but I trust the numbers would be close.

Vinylman
04-16-2013, 06:01 PM
On pace... lmao

he is intelligent though... just ask him

Vinylman
04-16-2013, 06:03 PM
I posted this at like 1 in the morning after seeing a tweet from someone who covers the NBA. I don't have that statistical info at hand right now but I trust the numbers would be close.

Nope... he can't even keep pace with the top 3 active players

You started the thread and have done nothing to support your assertion... maybe next time it would be better just not to start a thread...

KnicksorBust
04-16-2013, 06:05 PM
It's clear my username was a horrible choice because people clearly overlook my basketball intelligence because of it. Hell, I'm not even a Heat fan. LeBron entered the NBA when I was 10. He's been my favorite since he was in high school. I grew up playing basketball and watching this guy play.

I never stated he'd finish 3rd. Never shoved LeBron "down PSDs throat" like I saw someone mention. I simply posted a thread about the best player in the NBA and a player who will go down as top 3 ever. Not sure why people don't understand he's what's going to be talked about.

Anywho, I just wondered where people realistically think he'd end up all time because I had no idea he was on such a pace.

Do you even realize his pace has slowed down since he went to Miami?

LayBraun
04-16-2013, 06:07 PM

You started the thread and have done nothing to support your assertion... maybe next time it would be better just not to start a thread...

Sorry bud.

KnicksorBust
04-16-2013, 06:11 PM

:laugh: Yeah it feels like the thread is coming from a good place. "LeBron is a better 3pt shooter now." But it lacks any context. The OP doesn't seem to understand he's actually shooting less 3's now, there are active players ahead of him that will add to their totals, and a projection halfway through a career is a big leap.

LayBraun
04-16-2013, 06:24 PM
:laugh: Yeah it feels like the thread is coming from a good place. "LeBron is a better 3pt shooter now." But it lacks any context. The OP doesn't seem to understand he's actually shooting less 3's now, there are active players ahead of him that will add to their totals, and a projection halfway through a career is a big leap.

I completely understand that. But you're totally forgetting about longevity. Obviously I can't predict the future but his career is shaping up to be one of many more seasons than that of let's say a Steph Curry whose ankles are like paper mâché.

Keep in mind I never said I thought he'd finish third. But could top 10 be realistic? Absolutely and it's funny because I don't think people realize how elite of a group that is with some of the best shooters the game has ever seen.

beasted86
04-16-2013, 06:37 PM
One of the posters got called out for saying up until last year Lebron was an average 3 point shooter. My point is that he was right because lebron averaged 33% to that point, which is about average. You can claim you think he will get top 3 and beat out kidd, I have no problem with you predicting that. It didn't have to do with the record, just another poster going overboard on what that means.

I think what most have been saying is LeBron can shoot the 3, that's it. Nobody is saying he is a pure shooter, or that he will be the 3rd best 3PT shooter. All that matters is he can clearly hit 3s, and it's a part of his offensive arsenal, while many have said he can't shoot the 3, which clearly is not true. There is clearly this stigma that goes with LeBron and 3s that claims he can't hit 3s or he isn't a 3PT shooter, but in the same breath for example that same person might claim Kobe or Carmelo are in fact 3PT shooters and it's more a part of their game than it is LeBron's, despite the fact Kobe is 33.6% career and Carmelo at 33.4% career... LeBron at 1.3 makes a game, Kobe at 1.3 makes, Carmelo at 1.0 make. Seems the OP and some others were just saying that LeBron can make 3s.

n.

Who is the person of influence here that posters are trying to get on their side? I think you need to re-read the definition and think about what it means. You are using it in the wrong context. And yes, you are right, that's the phrase I should have used. I'm not taking anything personal or trying to prove I'm smart, its just a pet peeve of mine when people use these extravagant words that aren't part of normal conversation and then screw up the meaning. Just keep it simple.

NoahH
04-16-2013, 06:39 PM
Your own numbers suggest that Lebron will never pass Kidd if Kidd only plays one more year and only makes half of the threes he made this year...

no thoughts on the other guys?

Kidd was an example. Pierce is up there. What's he at 1822? He'll play a couple more years and retire around 2100 or so.

barreleffact
04-16-2013, 06:59 PM
Barring injury, Curry goes balistic and makes this prospect irrelevant. Not trying to hate on Lebron but who cares if Curry is already on pace to make 3 pt history this year and going forward.

mngopher35
04-16-2013, 08:10 PM
I think what most have been saying is LeBron can shoot the 3, that's it. Nobody is saying he is a pure shooter, or that he will be the 3rd best 3PT shooter. All that matters is he can clearly hit 3s, and it's a part of his offensive arsenal, while many have said he can't shoot the 3, which clearly is not true. There is clearly this stigma that goes with LeBron and 3s that claims he can't hit 3s or he isn't a 3PT shooter, but in the same breath for example that same person might claim Kobe or Carmelo are in fact 3PT shooters and it's more a part of their game than it is LeBron's, despite the fact Kobe is 33.6% career and Carmelo at 33.4% career... LeBron at 1.3 makes a game, Kobe at 1.3 makes, Carmelo at 1.0 make. Seems the OP and some others were just saying that LeBron can make 3s.

Your aiming this at the wrong person, I agree with a lot of what your saying. I quoted one person specifically, not "what most people have been saying". If you are going to try and disagree with me at least look up what was being said. A poster said up until last year Lebron was an average 3 point shooter. Someone called him out for saying that. I backed that up by saying he shot almost 33% from 3 until that point. Do you disagree that Lebron shot those percentages or that it is roughly average?

Chronz
04-16-2013, 08:28 PM
1386/4284
Greatness

bucketss
04-16-2013, 08:34 PM

+1

btw these are all gross exaggerations what makes his will win to win so much bigger than others? lol its right up there with people calling him the ultimate clutch player.

IKnowHoops
04-16-2013, 09:53 PM

Who is the person of influence here that posters are trying to get on their side? I think you need to re-read the definition and think about what it means. You are using it in the wrong context. And yes, you are right, that's the phrase I should have used. I'm not taking anything personal or trying to prove I'm smart, its just a pet peeve of mine when people use these extravagant words that aren't part of normal conversation and then screw up the meaning. Just keep it simple.

Perfect explanation of both counts. Hopefully all of the english majors on psd can understand this.

IKnowHoops
04-16-2013, 10:11 PM
Troll on kid, but you're only going to end up continually embarrassing yourself when you keep challenging what is clear for everyone to see. The guy is easily one of my favorite players to come through this league, and you are easily one of the most pathetic posters to come through this forum. Both are incredible feats in their own right.

Keep perpetrating with your fake vocab. Last time we disagreed you said Durant was gonna win MVP, then you disapeared. As the worst poster to come through, it certainly is easy to prove you wrong. Everything I said about Lebron proved to hold true. Meanwhile you vanished into thin air. Do yourself a favor and don't respond to anything I say. But you follow heel like errand pup so I know I'll keep hearing from you. Try to start using your vocab correctly before you think about trying me.

Keep saying hes your favorite, and then when the Heat beat the spurs without Lebron, I laugh when you actually show how stupid you really are when you say that an argument can be made for Durant as MVP because of a Lebronless Heat win. Thats one of the most trolling posts Ive seen. And very very idiotic to boot. Good job, keep on keeping your IQ and your shoe size close.

IKnowHoops
04-16-2013, 10:18 PM
Yet here you are, on the same forum, with multiple posts per day talking about players and teams that don't know you exist. You freakin' loser.

I love talking sports - especially the NBA - on a level that my friends just can't take after a while. And argument is fun, though not when it's with a guy like IknowHoops who has an agenda and talking points. It's like watching Fox News or MSNBC; can only handle in very limited amounts when you need a laugh and want to see how they actually defend their stances.

He means Iknowhoops because I always end up making him look like a horse ---. He's still mad he couldn't show his face on this thread for a while after everything he said about Durant went to dust, and everything I said about Lebron came to pass. Thats the truth. This guy dissapeared for about two months after I beat his tail into submission and made every post he ever put up about durant look silly.

mp3
04-16-2013, 10:37 PM

This post is so contradicting...

TheIlladelph16
04-17-2013, 09:20 AM
^Feel free to explain why...

OceanSpray
04-17-2013, 11:23 AM
It's certainly possbile but it really depends on how long he's going to play for and whether or not he takes as many threes. He's improved from three pointer, but that doesn't mean he'll be shooting 40% his entire career. Certainly possible but He's just nt a shooter. He's going to take mre efficient shots since in his early days, he just jacked up threes.