PDA

View Full Version : Evan Fournier

THE GIPPER
04-15-2013, 11:12 AM
The Denver Nuggets 20 year old rookie from France has stepped up and played great after Gallinari tore his ACL. This kind of reminds me of Kenneth Faried last year in the sense that they both didnt get many minutes the first half of the year, but earned Karl's respect and contributed greatly in the 2nd half of the season.

His minutes haven't been exactly consistent yet, but he was in the starting lineup last night and in his last 4 games where he played at least 20 mins he's averaged 19.5ppg on well over 50% shooting.

Here are his highlights from last night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7GJBXM8V9E

Kind of reminds me of a young Manu. Whats his potential? Can anyone comment on his game who watched him in Europe?

Becks2307
04-15-2013, 11:14 AM
The Denver Nuggets 20 year old rookie from France has stepped up and played great after Gallinari tore his ACL. This kind of reminds me of Kenneth Faried last year in the sense that they both didnt get many minutes the first half of the year, but earned Karl's respect and contributed greatly in the 2nd half of the season.

His minutes haven't been exactly consistent yet, but he was in the starting lineup last night and in his last 4 games where he played at least 20 mins he's averaged 19.5ppg on well over 50% shooting.

Here are his highlights from last night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7GJBXM8V9E

Kind of reminds me of a young Manu. Whats his potential? Can anyone comment on his game who watched him in Europe?

Spot on IMO. I really like this kid.

DaBUU
04-15-2013, 11:56 AM
Yeah I see Manu too. Smart player with excellent body control, seems crafty, I like.

Faneik
04-15-2013, 12:29 PM

kevin martin

BallIsAll
04-15-2013, 12:33 PM
kevin martin

He's more of a play maker than Martin. Plays a pg role but has shown the ability to take it to the hole and shoot the long jumper. The kid has skills I can see the Manu comparison but he has a long way to go.

LakersIn5
04-15-2013, 12:33 PM
shooter in nba 2k13 lol

True Sports Fan
04-15-2013, 12:55 PM
shooter in nba 2k13 lol that's how I used him :shrug:

sep11ie
04-15-2013, 01:00 PM
Spot on IMO. I really like this kid.

Why quote the OP when you are the 1st to post in the thread?

UKBronco58
04-15-2013, 01:26 PM
He's looked awesome the past couple of weeks. Looks like Masai has struck gold once again.

I Rock Shaqs
04-15-2013, 01:32 PM
Why do people only compare white skinned people to other white skin people and black guys to other black guys.

SeoulBeatz
04-15-2013, 01:34 PM
Slightly slower and less athletic Manu Ginobili.

SeoulBeatz
04-15-2013, 01:35 PM
Why do people only compare white skinned people to other white skin people and black guys to other black guys.

because he has that euro/international game.

euro step, doesn't play above the rim, 3 point shooter, unselfish, crafty.

I Rock Shaqs
04-15-2013, 01:37 PM
because he has that euro/international game.

euro step, doesn't play above the rim, 3 point shooter, unselfish, crafty.

I didn't ask why he compared him to Manu, I asked why people compare only white people to white people and blacks to blacks.

akesh99
04-15-2013, 01:39 PM
Wow he looked really good in those highlights.. didnt know the kid had it in him. Def reminds me of a less athletic but stronger built Manu

Becks2307
04-15-2013, 01:40 PM
Why quote the OP when you are the 1st to post in the thread?

because I was highlighting a specific point in my reply.

Rentzias
04-15-2013, 01:43 PM
Fine, Andre Drummond could be like Blake Griffin.

SeoulBeatz
04-15-2013, 01:55 PM
I didn't ask why he compared him to Manu, I asked why people compare only white people to white people and blacks to blacks.

meh, i mean james harden reminds me of manu as well. it really isnt a race thing.

kdspurman
04-15-2013, 01:59 PM

People compared Harden to Ginobili :shrug:

La11
04-15-2013, 02:11 PM
He looked good in the Nike Hoop Summit last year. PG/SG and didn't he play for Tony Parkers French team in France and was playing with him during the lockout?

LayBraun
04-15-2013, 02:42 PM

White and black players usually have a different type of game whether you want to admit it or not. White players tend to be more crafty, more skilled, usually because they are less athletic. It really doesn't have anything to do with race but more to do with how they play the game. And that's not to say that they can't be compared. I just don't see it very often and I don't think it's an issue at all.

Phenomenonsense
04-15-2013, 03:17 PM
I find it interesting that "White people" are compared to "white people" while black people are "blacks compared to blacks." There is natural prejudices built into society, and apparently into the mind of "I Rock Shaqs." It happens to all of us. Why are black people compared most often to other black people? For the same reason you said white people and blacks instead of whites and blacks or white people and black people.

It isn't a bad thing by the way. That's just how the world works. We are programmed to generalize. If we had to take a step onto concrete and walk to the store, it would be highly hindering to consider each slab of concrete as a new piece of information instead of just generalizing it. If we treated everyone with no prejudices it would be like walking on a sidewalk and each time you step down, you're terrified that your foot will go through that foreign substance and that you will plummet to your death at the center of the earth. Society might be nicer that way but it would not be useful in the slightest. The best thing is to acknowledge you have prejudices and try to not discriminate (not a bad word btw) in a harmful way.

rocket
04-15-2013, 03:41 PM
He looks really good not gonna lie.

And omg everyone is prejudice stop ****ing crying.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-15-2013, 03:47 PM
Wanted the Raptors to draft him by getting another first rounder.

JEDean89
04-15-2013, 05:49 PM
Masai Ujiri is the draft master, with two 20+ picks he has gotten Fournier and Faried. Warkentein got Lawson from the Wolves on draft night so the nuggs have gotten Fournier, Faried and Lawson in the last 4 years without a single lottery pick. That is how you rebuild a western conference powerhouse after only 3 seasons removed from the Western Conference finals without a single player from that team.

On the note of Fournier/Manu, Fournier has stated that Manu is his idol and that he was his Michael Jordan growing up, couple that with the fact that they are the same size, are swing players and having euro games then it's a good comparison.

THE GIPPER
04-15-2013, 08:09 PM
On the note of Fournier/Manu, Fournier has stated that Manu is his idol and that he was his Michael Jordan growing up, couple that with the fact that they are the same size, are swing players and having euro games then it's a good comparison.

Did not know this but it makes sense.

And for the record, when I compared Fournier to a young Manu it had nothing to do with race. It has everything to do with their similarity in size/play style.

beasted86
04-15-2013, 08:25 PM
Manu? Harden?

Not trying to down this kid, but he looks kind of slow TBH. Hopefully his craftiness can carry his career, because he doesn't look to be the athlete or shooter of the above two.

JEDean89
04-15-2013, 08:26 PM
ya i think fournier could possibly have the IQ to get to that level. Manu isn't the most athletic guy and I don't think Fournier is too athletic (max vert 32") so he will need the ginobili cleverness to get it done.

JEDean89
04-15-2013, 08:29 PM
Manu? Harden?

Not trying to down this kid, but he looks kind of slow TBH. Hopefully his craftiness can carry his career, because he doesn't look to be the athlete or shooter of the above two.

he could definitely be the shooter, he is shooting 50% from the field 43 from 3 and 76% from the line. That's pretty damn good for a rookie. In his last games averaging 21 minutes, not garbage time, 46% from the field and 40% from deep to go along with 89% from the line, so what makes you think he can't shoot?

beasted86
04-15-2013, 08:32 PM
he could definitely be the shooter, he is shooting 50% from the field 43 from 3 and 76% from the line. That's pretty damn good for a rookie. In his last games averaging 21 minutes, not garbage time, 46% from the field and 40% from deep to go along with 89% from the line, so what makes you think he can't shoot?
I haven't seen him play so I can't say, but just from the highlights didn't seem like he had the range of those 2 where they are lights out. But clearly this is limited analysis and he is a rookie so I'm not trying to be hard on him.

J4KOP99
04-15-2013, 08:52 PM
What's the news on faried's injury?

THE GIPPER
04-15-2013, 08:55 PM
What's the news on faried's injury?

Ankle sprain. They're saying its not that serious but he'll miss at least the next couple games.