PDA

View Full Version : The Art Of Rigging NBA Games

amos1er
04-14-2013, 05:39 PM
Just watched a new video on Youtube about the NBA and how they have fixed various games over the past few decades. I know there is a lot of stuff out there on this subject matter, but I thought this one just broke it all down perfectly. Very articulate and one of the best vids I have seen. Definitely worth watching no matter which side of the debate you are on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pw9g1efbNs - Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHd2UNqtYjg - Part 2

amos1er
04-14-2013, 05:51 PM
There is also an interesting on on Jordan...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M-KCulzJqg&list=UUJ-mGV82sPfUS8J5fLa132A&index=4 - Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmlfiMDUTQ4&list=UUJ-mGV82sPfUS8J5fLa132A - Part 2

ThunderousDemon
04-14-2013, 06:05 PM
Behold, these are but the outskirts of his ways,
and how small a whisper do we hear of him!
But the thunder of his power who can understand?

ThunderousDemon
04-14-2013, 06:06 PM
by truthful speech, and the power of David Stern; with the weapons of righteousness for the right hand and for the left

ThunderousDemon
04-14-2013, 06:06 PM
Once David Stern has spoken; twice have I heard this:
that power belongs to David Stern

Kevj77
04-14-2013, 06:26 PM
That video is one giant conspiracy theory. It alleges that nearly every championship since Jordan has been decided by Stern. At the end of part two it flat out accuses Lebron James of point shaving in the finals against the Mavs.

Why would he point shave? When the ref conspiracy isn't enough they start implying Stern had something on Lebron and got him the throw the NBA finals. LOL

Zefflin
04-14-2013, 06:33 PM
Great great watch, so very obvious. Especially with Lebron and the cHeat. A team of obvious cheaters, haha.

Kevj77
04-14-2013, 06:44 PM
So you believe Lebron purposely lost the finals?

Faneik
04-14-2013, 06:49 PM
I believe some refs are 'company men'. They do what Stern says.

NBA is a business and Stern does what's good for business.

BigBlueCrew
04-14-2013, 07:05 PM
They're ALL company guys. And you BETTER push the company agenda! Which is to get superstar A vs superstar B in the NBA Finals no matter what the moral cost is. And like the video says anyone who believes it began and ended with Tim Donaghy is just a putz.

I Rock Shaqs
04-14-2013, 07:16 PM
lmfao this **** is ridiculous.

OceanSpray
04-14-2013, 07:22 PM
For those who said the league back then was way better in terms of officiating, watch example 2.. There is no way you can call a foul against Steve Smith when Jordan wasn't touched.

Hoopsadvocate
04-14-2013, 07:26 PM
I believe some refs are 'company men'. They do what Stern says.

NBA is a business and Stern does what's good for business.

Okay I'll play, how is the San Antonio Spurs winning (some of the lowest finals ratings of all time) good for business?

Or how about an example on the opposite spectrum, how come the infintley marketable and popular Lakers not winning the championship this year? If it were truely in the interest of good business wouldn't the HEAT and the Lakers being at the top of their respective conferences be good for building anticipation for the playoffs? Instead the lakers have been a joke this season and and huge let down money wise.

Or how come one of the most money making teams in terms of jersey sales and attendance and fame in the Knicks haven't won or made it to even a finals appearance in 10+ years yet small market teams like San Antonio, Detroit, and Orlando have.

How is that good for business?

BigBlueCrew
04-14-2013, 07:34 PM
Okay I'll play, how is the San Antonio Spurs winning (some of the lowest finals ratings of all time) good for business?

Or how about an example on the opposite spectrum, how come the infintley marketable and popular Lakers not winning the championship this year? If it were truely in the interest of good business wouldn't the HEAT and the Lakers being at the top of their respective conferences be good for building anticipation for the playoffs? Instead the lakers have been a joke this season and and huge let down money wise.

Or how come one of the most money making teams in terms of jersey sales and attendance and fame in the Knicks haven't won or made it to even a finals appearance in 10+ years yet small market teams like San Antonio, Detroit, and Orlando have.

Do you really wanna play this game dude :facepalm:

sep11ie
04-14-2013, 07:44 PM
The art of making threads that are beat to death...

LAKobeBryant
04-14-2013, 07:49 PM
already said this in comment 3 and people laughed.
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?814201-Is-Kobe-s-injury-a-good-thing-for-the-LAL

Im certain that a small group of the refs take command from stern to change the game to the business side of basketball.

LayBraun
04-14-2013, 07:55 PM
I'm not even going to watch the videos.
LeBron wants to be the best to ever play the game and he didn't purposely lose a finals.

theheatles
04-14-2013, 08:03 PM
Once you realize that just the legal sports books profits world wide dwarf the **** out of all the sports leagues in the world profits, then it's just bad business not to rig games.

amos1er
04-14-2013, 08:33 PM
That video is one giant conspiracy theory. It alleges that nearly every championship since Jordan has been decided by Stern. At the end of part two it flat out accuses Lebron James of point shaving in the finals against the Mavs.

Why would he point shave? When the ref conspiracy isn't enough they start implying Stern had something on Lebron and got him the throw the NBA finals. LOL

CONSPIRACY THEORIST — A Derogatory Title used to Dismiss a Critical Thinker

Chronz
04-14-2013, 08:38 PM
So wats great about the vid? P1 was a complete waste of time, not trying to waste more unless pt2 is more convincing.

Chronz
04-14-2013, 08:39 PM
CONSPIRACY THEORIST — A Derogatory Title used to Dismiss a Critical Thinker
LOL wat?

amos1er
04-14-2013, 08:40 PM

Lol...Did you even watch the video???

He addressed this very topic. The Spurs were part of Stern's international marketing scheme. The ratings were low in America, but high internationally due to players like Manu Ginobli and Tony Parker. One of Stern's main objectives was to expand the NBA internationally.

amos1er
04-14-2013, 08:43 PM
So wats great about the vid? P1 was a complete waste of time, not trying to waste more unless pt2 is more convincing.

I didn't say it was all true, just done very well and it really makes you think about things. I felt the creator made some great points. Obviously there is no absolute proof and no one is claiming there is, but there is enough out there to raise some credible suspicion.

amos1er
04-14-2013, 08:44 PM
LOL wat?

Yes, I feel that people throw out that term all too easily now a days. It's easier to label someone a quack then it is to address the points they make.

DumDum
04-14-2013, 08:48 PM
ahuh

lavilevi23
04-14-2013, 09:03 PM
I hope this isn't true.

Dade County
04-14-2013, 09:09 PM
Before I even watch this... I would like to say.

Of course the league is rigged, WTF is wrong with you blind *** consumers

His brother hood... They have to publicly embarrass you before you can enter their covenant; then you get all the power/wealth in the word.

Their ****ing sataness.

JasonJohnHorn
04-14-2013, 09:09 PM
A lot of people are just going to respond with 'then don't watch', but seriously... we love the game. We want to watch it and we hope that the great players can overcome the rigged games like the Pistons did in 04 or the Spurs have done repeatedly.

Yes... I believe the often times the league rigs the games and other things, especially during the Jordan era. Jordan was great, but he was 6-championships great.

amos1er
04-14-2013, 09:21 PM
A lot of people are just going to respond with 'then don't watch', but seriously... we love the game. We want to watch it and we hope that the great players can overcome the rigged games like the Pistons did in 04 or the Spurs have done repeatedly.

Yes... I believe the often times the league rigs the games and other things, especially during the Jordan era. Jordan was great, but he was 6-championships great.

lol Seriously??!!

You honestly believe that the league wanted the Lakers to win in 2004??? lol Then how come the pistons shot 171 free throws to the Lakers 111 setting an NBA record for the greatest free throw disparity in finals history? http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2004_finals.html

If the league wanted the Lakers, then why did Hamilton, Billups, and Ben Wallace all get more FTA than Kobe Bryant?

Come on man, I'm not trying to act like the Lakers haven't gotten their share of love from the refs or anything, I'm just saying that the 2004 NBA finals were clearly in favor of the Pistons. The NBA didn't want Kobe to be finals MVP the same year he was accused of rape. Its pretty obvious really.

siix
04-14-2013, 09:36 PM
2002 west conf semi finals was the most disgusting officiating i have ever seen in my life. Im not even a kings fan but that was sad... kings got robbed.

xxcubs22xx
04-14-2013, 09:40 PM
(hoping that good fortune is returning to the Bulls) Sigh, I'm not shocked. And there's quite a bit of evidence flowing throughout the two part series. Though as for Lebron perhaps it was just a personal matter. We don't know.

amos1er
04-14-2013, 09:42 PM
2002 west conf semi finals was the most disgusting officiating i have ever seen in my life. Im not even a kings fan but that was sad... kings got robbed.

Well, I can express my thoughts for you as you clearly did not watch that series.

For one, during the whole series, the Kings shot 204 FTs and the Lakers shot 185 FTs.

In the controversial game 6, the Lakers shot 15 more FTs than the Kings did for the whole game. What is often mentioned by people who did actually watch the whole series is that game 6 was the reversal of game 5, which the Kings got the beneficial calls that sealed the win for them.

Also, to point out, the largest FT discrepancy came in game 3, where the Kings shot 20 more FTs than the Lakers did. In game 2, the Kings shot 13 more FTs than the Lakers did.

Up until game 6, it was believed by many players that the Kings were getting lots of help. Mobley mentioned this on the Best Damn Sports Show between games 5 and 6.

In the end, the Kings had a 10+ FT advantage in 3 of the 7 games. The Lakers only had 1 game where they shot more than a double digit against the Kings. Kind of odd when one team has a near prime Shaq and a prime Kobe, no?

Watch the whole series and then let's talk. Until then, it's useless to debate.

Dade County
04-14-2013, 10:14 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M-KCulzJqg&list=UUJ-mGV82sPfUS8J5fLa132A&index=4 - Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmlfiMDUTQ4&list=UUJ-mGV82sPfUS8J5fLa132A - Part 2

I have stated plenty of times, that super star calls was created by Jordan... So no one should hate the players off today, just go blame your basketball child hero.

Everything I have been saying in this forum time after time, is true and not because of this youtube video either.

Hoopsadvocate
04-14-2013, 10:34 PM
Fine sit back and open your closed mind.

So if every time the San Antonio Spurs made it to the WCF and you were in charge of the NBA script, you would what? Write them out of it every single time because San Antonio was bad for business? Do you think David Stern is that ****ing stupid. Evil, not stupid. The man has a damn law school education.

As for your friends the Lakers they made it in 2010, 2009, 2008. I mean let give the NBA public a little break already from them.

Like I said in my other post. The NBA is trying to sell stars, This isnt the NFL where they are trying to sell teams/cities. Lebron James could be playing on the Alaska Northbumblefuks and suddenly you would find the Northbumblefuks in the NBA finals. Orlando had Dwight Howard, OKC has KD, Boston has its version of the big three.

I mean you cant make the rigging so obvious WWE style. At least Vince McMahon has the decency to call his product "Sports Entertainment"

Not saying write the spurs off every time just saying if it was truely rigged he wouldn't allow them to be in the wcf so many times.

Heck if it was about stars then why not rig it so the wolves led by Kg at the time and were a good team make it to the wcf instead of the 5+ times San Antonio did or why not rig it so Yao Mings rockets make it to the finals or heck even get out the first round.

Your theory has holes.

3RDASYSTEM
04-14-2013, 10:57 PM
Just watched a new video on Youtube about the NBA and how they have fixed various games over the past few decades. I know there is a lot of stuff out there on this subject matter, but I thought this one just broke it all down perfectly. Very articulate and one of the best vids I have seen. Definitely worth watching no matter which side of the debate you are on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pw9g1efbNs - Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHd2UNqtYjg - Part 2

You forgot to share this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9BSVWgqY2M&feature=share&list=UUJ-mGV82sPfUS8J5fLa132A

FYL_McVeezy
04-14-2013, 11:03 PM
I havent seen the vids yet but I am a believer that the NBA rigs games......I think all professional sports are rigged for that matter..

David Stern took over a league that was failing miserably and he needed to make money...what better way to make money than to manipulate games to increase rating and earn larger TV contracts?

Stern struck gold with Magic vs Bird.....NBA started to pick up in popularity again

Stern struck even bigger Gold when a talent such as Michael Jordan came along...he milked him until he retired from the Bulls.....

Once MJ retired the 2nd time, NBA front office has had to do a lot more leg work to get particular matchups and create storylines that will keep people glued to the TV screen night in and night out.....

Stern's shining star now is none other than LBJ...while Bron is a once in a generation talent....you bet ur *** he will get some help along the way in his Championship defense....it's obvious Stern wants Lebron to go on a MJ like ascension into the record books....not to say that he doesn't have the talent to do it on his own...but Stern will ensure it for him......let's see what happens

If something has a line in vegas...there's the possibility that the outcome of that match can be manipulated....

And to those of you who keep pointing out the FT disparity...it runs deeper than that.

Sports is a game of momentum.....it's all about the timing in the calls not necessarily the amount....

Look closely at the games in the playoffs....refs manipulate the game by giving a few timely calls in favor of the team they want to win so that they gain momentum and go on a run to pull away or to get back into the game......refs do this alot at the end of games to cover the spread as well.....refs along the way give some make up calls to the team so that the ft disparity doesn't look too suspicious.....

Now one asks "If you believe the NBA is rigged they why do you continue to watch?" The answer is simple, Any sport that we watch and don't physically play in is ENTERTAINMENT. I watch basketball because it is a sport that I love to play and watch and I watch the NBA because I want to be entertained and these are the best people on the planet at their craft regardless of the manipulation or not..... I will root for my fav teams game in and game out.....even if they don't fit into Stern's plans of a championship team...I still watch even though I may know the outcome of the game before hand

BigBlueCrew
04-14-2013, 11:07 PM
Not saying write the spurs off every time just saying if it was truely rigged he wouldn't allow them to be in the wcf so many times.

Heck if it was about stars then why not rig it so the wolves led by Kg at the time and were a good team make it to the wcf instead of the 5+ times San Antonio did or why not rig it so Yao Mings rockets make it to the finals or heck even get out the first round.

Your theory has holes.

They were [Minnesota Wolves]? Who was on team worth a damn? Wally Sczerbiak now does post game analysis for the Knicks. Starbury when he was just starting out? One of the most exciting SG they bought into that team was Spree and that when they made it to the WCF.

What is your problem with San Antonio? They are one of the most fundamentally sound teams in the league and the way basketball is supposed to be played.

FYL_McVeezy
04-14-2013, 11:09 PM
Before I even watch this... I would like to say.

Of course the league is rigged, WTF is wrong with you blind *** consumers

His brother hood... They have to publicly embarrass you before you can enter their covenant; then you get all the power/wealth in the word.

Their ****ing sataness.

THIS!

People don't understand that the powers that be break you down....to build you back up again (with money and fame)

MJ had his own demons to fight before he became "The GOAT"....people forget that MJ was once labeled a star who can't win the big one.....much like our Friend Lebron before this season....

MJ had to slay his nemesis Detroit in order to reach the top after failing for all those years...and then he beat Magic in his first finals to pass the torch to him....Bron had to beat his nemesis Boston in order to reach the top...except Bron never met Kobe in the Finals...which would have surely been a torch passing ceremony....

3RDASYSTEM
04-14-2013, 11:12 PM
I havent seen the vids yet but I am a believer that the NBA rigs games......I think all professional sports are rigged for that matter..

David Stern took over a league that was failing miserably and he needed to make money...what better way to make money than to manipulate games to increase rating and earn larger TV contracts?

Stern struck gold with Magic vs Bird.....NBA started to pick up in popularity again

Stern struck even bigger Gold when a talent such as Michael Jordan came along...he milked him until he retired from the Bulls.....

Once MJ retired the 2nd time, NBA front office has had to do a lot more leg work to get particular matchups and create storylines that will keep people glued to the TV screen night in and night out.....

Stern's shining star now is none other than LBJ...while Bron is a once in a generation talent....you bet ur *** he will get some help along the way in his Championship defense....it's obvious Stern wants Lebron to go on a MJ like ascension into the record books....not to say that he doesn't have the talent to do it on his own...but Stern will ensure it for him......let's see what happens

If something has a line in vegas...there's the possibility that the outcome of that match can be manipulated....

And to those of you who keep pointing out the FT disparity...it runs deeper than that.

Sports is a game of momentum.....it's all about the timing in the calls not necessarily the amount....

Look closely at the games in the playoffs....refs manipulate the game by giving a few timely calls in favor of the team they want to win so that they gain momentum and go on a run to pull away or to get back into the game......refs do this alot at the end of games to cover the spread as well.....refs along the way give some make up calls to the team so that the ft disparity doesn't look too suspicious.....

Now one asks "If you believe the NBA is rigged they why do you continue to watch?" The answer is simple, Any sport that we watch and don't physically play in is ENTERTAINMENT. I watch basketball because it is a sport that I love to play and watch and I watch the NBA because I want to be entertained and these are the best people on the planet at their craft regardless of the manipulation or not..... I will root for my fav teams game in and game out.....even if they don't fit into Stern's plans of a championship team...I still watch even though I may know the outcome of the game before hand

I didn't read all of you're quote,but based on the first line you are most definitely in the ballpark, and you can even add the roids and other performance enhancers and corked bats and so on and on in the wonderful world of professional sports, had I not participated and stayed in tune for long enough I would have been tossed it aside

but talent is talent, game is game and you got to respect and watch that and look past the bs

FYL_McVeezy
04-14-2013, 11:29 PM
I didn't read all of you're quote,but based on the first line you are most definitely in the ballpark, and you can even add the roids and other performance enhancers and corked bats and so on and on in the wonderful world of professional sports, had I not participated and stayed in tune for long enough I would have been tossed it aside

but talent is talent, game is game and you got to respect and watch that and look past the bs

Absolutely, and that's why I watch the NBA...to be entertained

macc
04-14-2013, 11:46 PM
Lol, some idiot on youtube puts together a couple vids showing bad foul calls and that means the nba is rigged. GTFO of here with that. If you really want to put something together and actually verify the NBA is rigged then how about this...do some research, connect the dots...name names of the people behind the scenes rigging games and what their motives are. All this video is is raise questions but answers nothing...which is a typical conspiracy video.

The NBA is a product that sells itself. The fact people think that a business as successful as the NBA has to be rigged for ratings is just ignrant.

The NBA must of rigged all those Spurs championships since they are such an exciting team to watch.....

Bottom line is the teams with the best players have typically won the NBA championship...explain to me how that means it's rigged? Miami has D Wade, Lebron and Bosh, much more talented then anyone else in the NBA and people call them winning a championship a conspiracy? lol. It's laughable.... The Lakers had Shaq and Kobe in their prime, yet them winning was a conspiracy....Jordan the GOAT won multiple championships....yet he only did because it's a conspiracy...lol Seriously stop it. The best players/best coaches/teams win championships. It's really that simple.

If you're going to post yet another conspiracy video...post one that has at least a little validity to it and not just raise a bunch of questions.

In saying that I'm not going to say that refs have potentionally tried to rig games for their benefit because where there is money there can be corruption, but to say that it's rigged from day one that only particular teams will be in the championship and that Stern is behind it all is just stupid...Period.

PatsSoxKnicks
04-15-2013, 12:06 AM
I find it funny the OP is willing to throw every team under the bus in terms of getting games rigged for them (be it Jordan's Bulls, Lebron's Heat, and now apparently the Spurs) and yet he can't/won't admit that the Lakers ever get games rigged for them. Or there's always an excuse (like what he said with the Kings series). The freakin Lakers- the darling franchise of Stern where he once said his dream finals would be Lakers vs Lakers. And yet the OP believes Stern doesn't favor them and wants other posters to take him seriously? Anyone know the main character on the Simpsons? His name is Homer, now add an ism to the end and the OP should know what its all about.

BigBlueCrew
04-15-2013, 12:11 AM
I like how we are all idiots for believing the NBA game is rigged. But during the NBA finals these same people will come back and scream how the NBA draft lottery is RIGGED RIGGED because their team didnt end up with the top pick!!!!!

blom85
04-15-2013, 12:23 AM

You obviously didn't watch the video, Stern got a lot of international ratings when the spurs were doing well.

3RDASYSTEM
04-15-2013, 12:33 AM
lol Seriously??!!

You honestly believe that the league wanted the Lakers to win in 2004??? lol Then how come the pistons shot 171 free throws to the Lakers 111 setting an NBA record for the greatest free throw disparity in finals history? http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2004_finals.html

If the league wanted the Lakers, then why did Hamilton, Billups, and Ben Wallace all get more FTA than Kobe Bryant?

Come on man, I'm not trying to act like the Lakers haven't gotten their share of love from the refs or anything, I'm just saying that the 2004 NBA finals were clearly in favor of the Pistons. The NBA didn't want Kobe to be finals MVP the same year he was accused of rape. Its pretty obvious really.

Of course nba didn't want LA or BEAN to win it all and him get MVP or something of that nature because of the COL fiasco and STERN has to keep his nba cares image going strong, that was not what STERN asked for in public eye

but you have to admit even as a BEAN-LA fanatic is that BEAN shot them out of that series

go back and look at the numbers and its clearly he was tired of being a sidekick, he was going to will-hero ball his way to a ring as the man,go look back at SHAQ postgame speeches during that series..classic

also go look and see what WADE did to that same DET team and T.PRINCE during playoffs in 05-06' who guarded both BEAN and WADE

and WADE had the older version of SHAQ(so called washed up) and went to FINALS in 2nd yr,took BEAN 4yrs with young SHAQ

How can BEAN go to free throw line if he is going 1 on 4 from 30ft out in 04' FINALS? he got contained-self checked by PRINCE and swarming help D, that equates to either turnovers or forced-bad shots or a combo, your choice

but not FT's, his sidekick JORDAN pass was in timeout for that series

jersey89
04-15-2013, 12:34 AM
I think the best evidence against rigging is that theres never been a scandal or any former or current refs or executives coming out with statements or even a book detailing the rigging. I highly doubt the NBA would pay EVERYONE with some knowledge of something that could ruin the NBA and make them millions in the process, enough to keep them quiet.

Still a pretty interesting watch though.

el hidalgo
04-15-2013, 12:38 AM
amos1er: if he isn't bashing lebron, he sure as hell is talking about how the league is rigged.

el hidalgo
04-15-2013, 12:42 AM
Why oh WHY would Stern try to rig the league? It makes so much money. He is willing to risk the league's integrity by rigging it? He would completely destroy the league and game he loves, go to jail for the rest of his life, and basically ruin his life. He is already a very rich man. I don't think he would bother rigging the league and losing it all.

Do you even realize how hard it would be to rig the league? Many people would know it is happening. It would get leaked or the NBA would be blackmailed. It just isn't plausible. The risk outweighs the benefit x1000 for stern.

3RDASYSTEM
04-15-2013, 01:16 AM
Well, I can express my thoughts for you as you clearly did not watch that series.

For one, during the whole series, the Kings shot 204 FTs and the Lakers shot 185 FTs.

In the controversial game 6, the Lakers shot 15 more FTs than the Kings did for the whole game. What is often mentioned by people who did actually watch the whole series is that game 6 was the reversal of game 5, which the Kings got the beneficial calls that sealed the win for them.

Also, to point out, the largest FT discrepancy came in game 3, where the Kings shot 20 more FTs than the Lakers did. In game 2, the Kings shot 13 more FTs than the Lakers did.

Up until game 6, it was believed by many players that the Kings were getting lots of help. Mobley mentioned this on the Best Damn Sports Show between games 5 and 6.

In the end, the Kings had a 10+ FT advantage in 3 of the 7 games. The Lakers only had 1 game where they shot more than a double digit against the Kings. Kind of odd when one team has a near prime Shaq and a prime Kobe, no?

This is clearly a sample of same state market GOLIATH vs DAVID

clearly SAC was the better talent top to bottom but they didn't have the star power or tradition of LA

even if you switch the roles of star power-better team talent, LA would still win out because of tradition

making any outcome in business that attracts ratings and close outcomes results in a rig or two, FT's being close in numbers included

BEAN is no JORDAN but he is no E.JONES(being he is top 5 alltime right?), so the FT numbers are about right on since SHAQ was the only one drawing fouls outside of BEAN, HORRY-FISHER-FOX weren't known for getting to the charity stripe

a WEBBER-HEDO-BIBBY-VLADE vs SHAQ/BEAN sounds about right when you figure they have 2 extra guys getting FT's on KINGS side of the ball to override the volume FT's from SHAQ/BEAN

SAC had the better team top to bottom, they could attack or go to post and shoot 3's with the best and were a tremendous passing team, LA had SHAQ the ANDRE the GIANT of NBA,rigged or not he was unguardable, go ask DUNCAN and DROB...VLADE was a appetizer compared to 1 of those let alone both that SHAQ went to war with and opened up the floor for BEAN to go to work

Trueblue2
04-15-2013, 01:52 AM
I think the best evidence against rigging is that theres never been a scandal or any former or current refs or executives coming out with statements or even a book detailing the rigging. I highly doubt the NBA would pay EVERYONE with some knowledge of something that could ruin the NBA and make them millions in the process, enough to keep them quiet.

Still a pretty interesting watch though.

That's happened though, Dougnehey

Hoopsadvocate
04-15-2013, 02:17 AM
They were [Minnesota Wolves]? Who was on team worth a damn? Wally Sczerbiak now does post game analysis for the Knicks. Starbury when he was just starting out? One of the most exciting SG they bought into that team was Spree and that when they made it to the WCF.

What is your problem with San Antonio? They are one of the most fundamentally sound teams in the league and the way basketball is supposed to be played.

So wolves 1 appearance and San Antonio 5 why wouldn't he spread it since its all about stars instead of making it one sided?

And u still haven't answered about Houston rockets and why Yao/McGrady who were incredibly popular players yet didn't make it to a a finals or even past the first round.

If it were truly rigged for money and stars then why didn't he at least extend those two stars further into the playoffs. Do u realize how big the nba is in china and how much more more they could have made if Yao played into June.

A how come stern didn't rig that?

Iggz53
04-15-2013, 02:19 AM
I actually believe that NBA refs have historically swayed games on purpose, but these videos and the creator are absolutely ridiculous. The guy sees a tough call and screams conspiracy, as if that's the only possible explanation. And to claim that every game is fixed for the victor is just laughable.

Hoopsadvocate
04-15-2013, 02:21 AM
You obviously didn't watch the video, Stern got a lot of international ratings when the spurs were doing well.

And u obviously know nothing about demographics. Because he would have gotten much more international ratings by having rockets rigged into the finals because china >>>> France and Argentina.

Not to mention in America the half court spurs weren't nearly as popular as the McGrady and Yao led rockets so that's more they potentially lost out on if it were rigged.

Iggz53
04-15-2013, 02:45 AM
Oh, and he goes as far as saying LeBron was ordered to lose a Finals game? :laugh:

Shlumpledink
04-15-2013, 03:06 AM
It's been rigged since the ascension of Jordan. It sucks, but it happens a lot. Most fans just say "Lakers get all the calls" but that's so short sighted and narrow minded, and truthfully pretty bias. Lakers don't get all the calls, so many series are extended by suspect officiating.

Dade County
04-15-2013, 07:46 AM

Correct... Now that Lbj made that sacrifice ( welcome Mav's ) their is noting to stop Lbj form winning more rings; but KD will try his hardest to get in on the rings, he's next in line & he doesn't want to wait his turn.

Who are you... on the money again!

NBA = Entertainment

asandhu23
04-15-2013, 10:32 AM
OAKLAND, Calif. Golden State Warriors guard Jarrett Jack has been fined $25,000 by the NBA for "verbal abuse" of an official.

The league announced the fine Sunday.

The incident occurred at the conclusion of Golden State's 118-116 loss at the Los Angeles Lakers on Friday night.

Some Warriors players were upset over the officiating late in the game, including the free throw disparity. The Lakers shot 50 free throws, while the Warriors had 16 attempts.

Golden State hosts San Antonio on Monday night before playing at Portland on Wednesday in its regular-season finale. The Warriors already have clinched a playoff berth, their first since 2007 and only the second in 19 years.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/04/14/warriors-g-jarrett-jack-fined-25k-by-nba-for-verbal-official-after-loss-at/

And Stern has silenced Jarrett Jack.

BigBlueCrew
04-15-2013, 10:37 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/04/14/warriors-g-jarrett-jack-fined-25k-by-nba-for-verbal-official-after-loss-at/

And Stern has silenced Jarrett Jack.

U better be careful, his cronies on here are gonna call you an idiot for posting the article and the author stupid for even writing it.

asandhu23
04-15-2013, 10:40 AM
Stan Van Gundy does not want to do what you expect him to do. If you were expecting him to bash Dwight Howard at his lowest point – in a week where Howard was thrown out of a game against Toronto and made into a non-entity offensively in a loss to Chicago – Van Gundy will tell you that they both continue to communicate and that he understood his interest in departing Orlando. If you want him to rip former Magic GM Otis Smith’s personnel moves, he’ll refuse to while aligning with his former boss.

And if the NBA is expecting Van Gundy to keep quiet and wait out David Stern’s 2014 retirement in order to pave the way for a comfortable TV gig for the former Heat and Magic coach? Stop expecting such sheepishness.

In an interview with USA Today’s Jon Saraceno published today, Van Gundy details his failed attempts to land a job covering the NBA as a color analyst with ABC/ESPN. A job that would have seen him crossing paths with his brother Jeff (who warned him out of taking a studio job that Jeff said Stan “would not enjoy doing”), and no doubt immediately turning into one of the best in the business before David Stern, (reportedly, as ESPN denied such influence) put the kibosh on things:

Q: Do you believe you were submarined out of that job?

A: I'm pretty sure I was by David [Stern]. It's funny. People say it all the time that when an opportunity closes, you end up in a better place. It happened to me in Wisconsin. I lasted one season and got fired. I was 36 and absolutely depressed — like I just blew the best opportunity I ever will have in my life. A few months later, I'm in the NBA.

(The ESPN job) would have been more money but I would have been basically flying to LA all the time. Now I work Wednesdays, a little on Fridays and do a college game on a Saturday every couple of weeks. I stay in touch with the game and I'm having fun with it.

Q: Why do you see Stern's footprints?

A: (ESPN) contacted me – they drove the whole thing. All of a sudden, it came to a stop. Whether it was Stern directly, the league office making a call or someone at the top at ESPN . . . There's no question the comments I've made about David Stern kept them from hiring me. I said things that pissed him off.

Q: What do you believe upset him the most?

A: There was the time that the Arab Spring was in full bloom. I compared him to other world leaders in that he didn't tolerate dissenting opinions very well.

In the interest of supporting ESPN’s take on things, we remind you what an ESPN spokesman told our Dan Devine last October when rumors of Stern’s influence on the non-hire hit:

An ESPN spokesperson said, "We reaffirm our previous statement" — in which they'd "had discussions with Stan Van Gundy and were interested in a role for him," before differing on assignments and deciding to go another way — "and have no further comment." An NBA spokesperson also declined to respond to Van Gundy's claims.)

With their statements and “no comments” in place, it’s fair to wonder why the head of a billion dollar NBA industry would be so petty as go out of his way to deny a former coach his chance at calling a Nuggets/Warriors game broadcast at 10:30 on the East coast on a basic cable network in January. David Stern is petty, though. It’s why he’s good at this, and it’s why he’s damaged quite a bit of all this. And he has a hard enough time stomaching the national broadcast when Jeff Van Gundy goes into talk radio mode during the course of the game to talk about anything and everything NBA-related outside of the play that just took place in front of him.

So would David Stern go out of his way to pressure and hint that stations not hire one person in what is a relatively tight crew? Sure. Do we know if he did, three months later? ESPN says he didn’t. Stan Van Gundy thinks there’s “no question.” We’ll leave that up to you to decide.

What’s already been decided on is the flameout of what was once a promising Orlando Magic squad. The team took what seemed at the time to be sane and sensible directions following its appearance in the 2009 NBA Finals, but quickly the fallout of those decisions turned into panic and overreaction. And immediately boredom and distaste for Howard, who started seeing his contemporaries either receive help (with Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum flourishing along Kobe Bryant in Los Angeles) or use sway or smart free agent machinations to move toward the destination of their choice (players like LeBron James, Chris Bosh, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, Deron Williams … and eventually Dwight Howard).

Dwight Howard Face (Getty Images)Entering 2011-12, Dwight Howard was faced with a pretty lousy supporting cast, and he seemed to be the only NBA superstar outside of Bryant and the younger Kevin Durant and Derrick Rose to not have a uniform switch to their credit. Team ownership and CEO Alex Martins, frustrated at paying too much for an above-average team and knowing that teams can hire and fire coaches and GMs whenever they want, clearly sided with kowtowing (which is a type of candy bar Dwight loves) to Howard throughout the campaign. And they won, as Dwight was molly-coddled and guilted into picking up a player option for 2012-13 that he obviously wanted nothing to do with.

All while everyone involved, save for Van Gundy, looked like damn fools in the process. From the Saraceno interview:

I had some real disagreements with (Magic CEO) Alex Martins. Otis and I were on the same page and I didn't have any problems with Dwight. I had problems with how our organization approached the situation, how they decided to cater to (Howard) in ways that I thought were counter-productive for our team.

I thought we should have dealt with some of the rumors (about his coaching future). I made it known that it wasn't a matter of my fate. They could have ended all the speculation and fired me right then — I said that to them. That stops the speculation and gets you back to basketball. They wouldn't do anything about it.

Van Gundy isn’t wrong about it getting back to basketball, but it would have been a brief respite. As brief as the respite the Magic and Howard enjoyed (say for, oh, three hours) once he signed that contract option and ruined the world “loyalty” forever.

Stan told USA Today that he and Howard stay in touch, but “it's not like we hang out.” Kind words from someone who’s coaching career and perhaps best shot at a title was upended by the petulant superstar.

(And what’s ironic to me, in the wake of much recent talk of midseason switches, is that most NBA teams are after what Stan’s brother Jeff brought to the New York Knicks when he took over as an interim coach in 1996.

Van Gundy took over a team that had been slightly dismantled at the trade deadline in order to clear cap space for the upcoming offseason. Don Nelson, out of place and working with a 34-25 record, was cast aside to let the well-regarded assistant work; and though Jeff’s winning percentage was worse – he won 13 of 23 games – the Knicks looked to be in better shape and gave an impressive two-series playoff performance. He’s the ideal in the rough that is rarely discovered in February.)

From there, Saraceno and SVG discuss the usual topics. Stan thinks Jeremy Lin is the NBA’s most overrated player, but only brings that up in relation to his high ranking All-Star votes. Like his brother, Stan would never interview for a team midseason, when an interim coach is working with a squad. He thinks the Lakers should have held on to Mike Brown, if only because the team’s entire training camp was “a total waste,” which is true but it’s also another reason why the Lakers should have never come to camp with Brown in the first place.

That’s just scratching the surface. Give it a read, and count down the days until Stan Van Gundy can be a daily NBA fixture all over again.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/stan-van-gundy-says-no-comments-ve-made-193225246--nba.html

Keep on believing this **** doesn't happen.

Chronz
04-15-2013, 10:48 AM
Yes, I feel that people throw out that term all too easily now a days. It's easier to label someone a quack then it is to address the points they make.

Its not his fault a technically correct term carries a bad stigma with it. Quacks wil be quacks, even Tim D couldnt prove conspiracy. For all his pragmatic claims he had nothing tangibly relevant to back him.

Let me know when something legit comes out.

Chronz
04-15-2013, 10:52 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/stan-van-gundy-says-no-comments-ve-made-193225246--nba.html

Keep on believing this **** doesn't happen.

What happened? This has been happening for the longest, so long nobody would contest them. Thats a different subject to me personally

asandhu23
04-15-2013, 11:07 AM
His brother agrees.

Jeff Van Gundy, the lead game analyst for ESPN's and ABC's coverage of the NBA, implies that his brother Stan's deal to join the network did not work out because the league blocked the move.

In an interview with USA Today Sports, Jeff Van Gundy said that his brother, who was fired in May after five seasons as coach of the Orlando Magic, "had a basic agreement" with ESPN "and then something changed."

"There's certainly circumstantial evidence that something from the outside -- presumably the NBA -- changed (ESPN's) thinking," Jeff Van Gundy told USA Today. "As a broadcaster of the NBA, it gives you pause. How forthcoming can you be? You don't want your honesty to cost you a chance at employment."

An ESPN spokesperson told USA Today that the network "had discussions with Stan, and we were interested in a role for him at ESPN. Ultimately, we moved in a different direction."

Stan Van Gundy has expressed strong opinions in the past, sometimes clashing with the league. When then-Magic center Dwight Howard earned a suspension in 2011, Van Gundy said:

"This is the system David Stern and his minions like. So that's the system you have. ... I certainly can't have an opinion because David Stern, like a lot of leaders we've seen in this world lately, don't really tolerate other people's opinion or free speech or anything. So I'm not really allowed to have an opinion."

Stan Van Gundy spoke to Dan Le Batard on The Ticket, a radio station in Miami, nearly two weeks ago to explain why he thought his potential hiring as an ESPN analyst fell apart. Van Gundy's quotes were picked up on various sports websites.

"No one at ESPN will tell us what happened. Certainly the NBA office isn't going to tell us what happened. One of the quotes from ESPN in there -- we had discussions, but couldn't agree on a role ... as is usual, that's a bunch of BS from ESPN," Van Gundy told Le Batard. The radio host also works for ESPN.

Van Gundy went on to say that "What I find fascinating ... you have to give (NBA commissioner) David Stern and the NBA a lot of credit ... ESPN pays the league, and then the league tells them what to do. It's more ESPN's problem ... to pay someone hundreds of millions of dollars and let them run your business."

He also said, "Nobody is going to give a straight answer because -- that's just the way a lot of people operate -- nobody there has the guts to say anything, so that's what you deal with."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8536640/jeff-van-gundy-implies-nba-blocked-hiring-stan-van-gundy

theheatles
04-15-2013, 11:11 AM
I've seen enough evidence, the Heat have had so many games rigged against them and even more in their favor over the past 3 seasons, that it's so blatantly obvious. I still support the Heat because their success brings up the morale of South Florida, but like pro wrestling, I can only tolerate the corruptness for so long.

FYL_McVeezy
04-15-2013, 11:20 AM
Correct... Now that Lbj made that sacrifice ( welcome Mav's ) their is noting to stop Lbj form winning more rings; but KD will try his hardest to get in on the rings, he's next in line & he doesn't want to wait his turn.

Who are you... on the money again!

NBA = Entertainment

I think KD has enough star power to steal a ring in the Lebron era....he's also young enough to win one later in his career after Lebron exits his prime.....

Also get ready for lots of Melo vs Lebron battles in the Eastern Conference.....

DirkDiggler6
04-15-2013, 02:51 PM
Every sport in the world that uses officiating is rigged. But none are as corrupt as fifa. The nba is certaintly heading in that direction though

CityofTreez
04-15-2013, 03:07 PM

You accused LeBron James of juicing...
Your points/theory was all quack, with no proof at all.

It's alright, you're a conspiracy theorist and no need to deny it.

Dade County
04-15-2013, 03:28 PM
I think KD has enough star power to steal a ring in the Lebron era....he's also young enough to win one later in his career after Lebron exits his prime.....

Also get ready for lots of Melo vs Lebron battles in the Eastern Conference.....

Only way those matchups turn into battles, is if the powers to be want the knicks in the finals (ratings fever will happen then).

amos1er
04-15-2013, 03:33 PM
You accused LeBron James of juicing...
Your points/theory was all quack, with no proof at all.

It's alright, you're a conspiracy theorist and no need to deny it.

CONSPIRACY THEORIST — A Derogatory Title used to Dismiss a Critical Thinker.

gr824
04-15-2013, 03:33 PM

This ... Until the fourth quarter of Game Six, the referees might as well have been wearing Kings' gear their calls were so overwhelmingly and blatantly favoring Sacramento ...

And, in Game Seven, the Kings shot 30 FTs. Had they been able to hit at least 55% of those [ as any professional squad claiming to be of championship caliber should in a 'close-out' contest ], then Sacramento would have won in regulation and advanced. The Kings lost that series at the foul line in Game Seven ...

amos1er
04-15-2013, 03:38 PM
I've seen enough evidence, the Heat have had so many games rigged against them and even more in their favor over the past 3 seasons, that it's so blatantly obvious. I still support the Heat because their success brings up the morale of South Florida, but like pro wrestling, I can only tolerate the corruptness for so long.

I agree. Something needs to be done. I enjoy watching the NBA, but feel cheated as a fan time after time when I see what I perceive to be suspect officiating. Whether its rigged or not (most likely is) the officiating is terrible and has been terrible for many years now. Hopefully this mess will clean itself up when Stern finally steps down.

Chronz
04-15-2013, 03:43 PM
Hate to burst your bubble, but people have been complaining about officiating long before Stern. Its in the nature of the fan, gotta blame somebody.

amos1er
04-15-2013, 03:48 PM
This ... Until the fourth quarter of Game Six, the referees might as well have been wearing Kings' gear their calls were so overwhelmingly and blatantly favoring Sacramento ...

And, in Game Seven, the Kings shot 30 FTs. Had they been able to hit at least 55% of those [ as any professional squad claiming to be of championship caliber should in a 'close-out' contest ], then Sacramento would have won in regulation and advanced. The Kings lost that series at the foul line in Game Seven ...

Yup, people will always see what they want to see. They always refer to game 6 of the 2002 WCF in an attempt to bash the Lakers by saying that they were gifted a title from the refs. That was not the case at all and if they actually took the time to read Donaghy's allegations, they would know that the agenda was to extend the series. No where in his allegations did he say anything about making sure the Lakers won the title that year. If anything, the fans were sick of Kobe and Shaq winning and wanted to see an underdog take the title that year. Then after the Robbert Horry shot in game 4, a rivalry was born and the ratings skyrocketed. That is when I believe the league stepped in to milk that cow for everything they could by making sure the series went 7 games. The victor at that point was meaningless to them. They just wanted 7 games and after the Horry shot, the average fan began to view the Lakers as a "team of destiny" and all of the sudden didn't mind so much if they won the title again. Of course there were the typical haters that didn't, but those guys will never change and they will watch the games either way. The Kings had every opportunity to win regardless as they had a game 7 at home. As gr824 said, they ****ed up and lost it at the line. Overall, the Kings definitely had the advantage with the refs overall. Game 6 was def handed to the Lakers, but game 5 and game 3 were just as blatantly handed to the Kings and game 7 might have been as well if they actually made their free throws.

amos1er
04-15-2013, 03:52 PM
Hate to burst your bubble, but people have been complaining about officiating long before Stern. Its in the nature of the fan, gotta blame somebody.

Yes, there are fans who will always complain, but the NBA seems to have more fans then any other sport who think there is something that is just not right. Where there is smoke, there is usually fire.

krisxsong
04-15-2013, 03:57 PM
I don't doubt that some refs bet on the games they referee, and I don't doubt that David Stern gave the Knicks Patrick Ewing because it would be good for the NBA.

However, without proof I cannot sit there and blindly assume that David Stern is rigging NBA games. And no by rigging I don't mean "Give one team a lot of foul calls and don't give the other any, but you can let anybody win". So many times stupid, stupid people comment how rigged a game is even after the team with the supposed unfair advantage wins. Why would they rigg a game and let the team they wanted to lose, win?

So no, I don't think the NBA has rigged games. Do I think refs have rigged games? That's very much possible, excluding the obvious Tim Donoughy.

Chronz
04-15-2013, 04:06 PM
Where there is smoke, there is usually fire.

Yeah, usually from methheads blowing up their own stash.

amos1er
04-15-2013, 04:22 PM
You forgot to share this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9BSVWgqY2M&feature=share&list=UUJ-mGV82sPfUS8J5fLa132A

Yes, that one was pretty interesting too.

amos1er
04-15-2013, 04:23 PM
Yeah, usually from methheads blowing up their own stash.

Thats one way to look at it.

FYL_McVeezy
04-15-2013, 04:35 PM
Only way those matchups turn into battles, is if the powers to be want the knicks in the finals (ratings fever will happen then).

No homerism, but I think the Knicks have to pieces in place from a business standpoint to fit into the Championship storyline (marketable star player, large market, highest grossing team in sports, Ties with the CAA, fun, talented team to watch)

It all comes down to matter of what Stern wants: Does he want parity, or for LBJ to become the GOAT

FYL_McVeezy
04-15-2013, 04:39 PM
I agree. Something needs to be done. I enjoy watching the NBA, but feel cheated as a fan time after time when I see what I perceive to be suspect officiating. Whether its rigged or not (most likely is) the officiating is terrible and has been terrible for many years now. Hopefully this mess will clean itself up when Stern finally steps down.

I can see Silver becoming worse than Stern....

Dade County
04-15-2013, 04:50 PM
No homerism, but I think the Knicks have to pieces in place from a business standpoint to fit into the Championship storyline (marketable star player, large market, highest grossing team in sports, Ties with the CAA, fun, talented team to watch)

It all comes down to matter of what Stern wants: Does he want parity, or for LBJ to become the GOAT

I can't even argue this... I am shock that their is a person on PSD besides myself that see's the truth and how the league operates.

:clap:

Since the 80's, it's all been up to the script writers.

krisxsong
04-15-2013, 06:31 PM
What I also don't get it is if you guys really believe the NBA is rigged, why are you watching it?

amos1er
04-15-2013, 06:43 PM
"If the NBA wants to extend a series to a seventh game, it might be fraud upon the fans, but it's not a federal crime." -- Lester Munson, Legal analyst

amos1er
04-15-2013, 06:48 PM
What I also don't get it is if you guys really believe the NBA is rigged, why are you watching it?

Because we still enjoy basketball. We are getting the message out to educate others so that one day it will be common knowledge that there is some shady **** going on. That way the fans will finally stand up and let it be known that we want our sport back. The only deterrent to the NBA fixing games is fans calling them out on it. So long as Stern & Co. feel their audience is gullible enough to believe it, they will keep doing it.

amos1er
04-15-2013, 06:49 PM
Why oh WHY would Stern try to rig the league? It makes so much money. He is willing to risk the league's integrity by rigging it? He would completely destroy the league and game he loves, go to jail for the rest of his life, and basically ruin his life. He is already a very rich man. I don't think he would bother rigging the league and losing it all.

Do you even realize how hard it would be to rig the league? Many people would know it is happening. It would get leaked or the NBA would be blackmailed. It just isn't plausible. The risk outweighs the benefit x1000 for stern.

"If the NBA wants to extend a series to a seventh game, it might be fraud upon the fans, but it's not a federal crime." -- Lester Munson, Legal analyst

amos1er
04-15-2013, 06:51 PM
I can see Silver becoming worse than Stern....

Lets hope not. Just when you though it couldn't get any worse...

iam brett favre
04-15-2013, 06:52 PM
The refs can rig games, period. :shrug:

Chronz
04-15-2013, 07:31 PM
The refs can rig games, period. :shrug:
Whats funny is that, thats the one thing Tim D wont admit to, its the only reason hes not locked up right now. He claims everyone else is in on it but the only games his mob friends would even stand to profit, were in the games he reffed. Something doesn't add up.

iam brett favre
04-15-2013, 07:36 PM
Whats funny is that, thats the one thing Tim D wont admit to, its the only reason hes not locked up right now. He claims everyone else is in on it but the only games his mob friends would even stand to profit, were in the games he reffed. Something doesn't add up.

I was talking more in theory. Refs have the power, without question, to fix a game. I dont think they are, but they can be.

FYL_McVeezy
04-15-2013, 07:36 PM
I can't even argue this... I am shock that their is a person on PSD besides myself that see's the truth and how the league operates.

:clap:

Since the 80's, it's all been up to the script writers.

As I stated in an earlier post, David Stern took over a failing, near bankrupt sports league in the late 1970's....like any businessman, he wanted to make a profit...what better way to make consistent profit than to rig games and create storylines that will keep viewers glued to thier TV night in and night out...

Started with Magic vs Bird

The rigging got out of hand with MJ's rise to the top...

Rigging games became an art in the Kobe/Shaq/Duncan era......now it's just downright blatant in the LBJ era....

NYMetros
04-15-2013, 08:24 PM
Videos were stupid. Lebron throwing the 2011 finals is the dumbest thing i've ever heard.

Lo Porto
04-15-2013, 09:28 PM

Every single basketball fan should watch these videos. There is so much about Jordan that is force fed to NBA fans all because he generated revenue. The guy was fantastic, but the idol worship is ridiculous.

Lo Porto
04-15-2013, 09:34 PM
I have stated plenty of times, that super star calls was created by Jordan... So no one should hate the players off today, just go blame your basketball child hero.

Everything I have been saying in this forum time after time, is true and not because of this youtube video either.

You are absolutely right. If a person can be completely objective for 5 seconds, they might realize that Jordan hurt the game more than helped it.

-Stars will be forever treated differently than regular players thanks to Jordan.
-We've had two lockouts due to the greed started by Jordan (he demanded $30 million a year to come back from retirement and completely screwed up the financial structure of the NBA).
- Nobody can be compared to him without having every move torn apart by the media. A player in any other sport can be held up to the highest standards within a couple years. In the NBA, LeBron is outdoing everything MJ did so far in his career, but so many won't even give him the acknowledgment of being close to an equal with MJ.

sneak
04-15-2013, 10:15 PM
Where has this thread gone?

If tim d. "Fix" the kings vs. Lakers series, give a second title to my team. Other if the league had it done, give my team their title. Hell give my team he title. :)

The only problem I have with Lebron is that, he left his home. His Fans. The people that loved him so. We make the NBA. We (the fans), are the teams. Don't abandon the family.

ChitownBears22
04-15-2013, 10:48 PM
Simple question. Where are the whistle-blowers? Millions to be made if a person sold out the league. Book deals, movie rights, and infamy.

ChitownBears22
04-15-2013, 10:51 PM
FT disparity doesn't prove anything. Some teams are physical, some teams attack, some players have poor body control. All of this leads to FT disparity. The NBA lost money with LBJ by waiting 9 years for his first rigng.

BigBlueCrew
04-15-2013, 10:58 PM
Simple question. Where are the whistle-blowers? Millions to be made if a person sold out the league. Book deals, movie rights, and infamy.

Thats would be a one time deal.

You write a book *cough* Tim Donaghy *cough*.Do a few documentaries shows 60 minutes and stuff like that. Who honestly wants to sit thru a movie about NBA rigging, about the obvious, maybe some naive fans who wouldnt and couldnt believe it :speechless:

Keep your mouth shut and you can join in the fun. The revenue from the games, the media outlets, ESPN, TNT, ABC....etc, merchandising, yada yada yada

Raps18-19 Champ
04-15-2013, 11:15 PM
So does anyone have any actual proof that Stern is completely rigging the NBA?

FYL_McVeezy
04-16-2013, 09:31 AM

How can you "whistleblow" when there is no hard evidence and any media outlet will write you off as a wacko because they play a large part in the cover-up as well....

it takes critical thinking and observing with an open mind to see that there is something wrong here.....

Heatcheck
04-16-2013, 10:03 AM
I love all these illuminati videos, i didnt get to see all of this one, but at least THIS guy can spell properly.
Like, damn, this guy knows what all these celebs do, but cant spell "suspicious"?

PLAYERS FAN
04-16-2013, 03:16 PM
Nice find amos1er;) Bulls fans and Jordan fans respond to this now!:mad::

PLAYERS FAN
04-16-2013, 03:18 PM

Nice find amos1er Bulls fans and Jordan fans respond to this now!:

valade16
04-16-2013, 03:35 PM
You are absolutely right. If a person can be completely objective for 5 seconds, they might realize that Jordan hurt the game more than helped it.

-Stars will be forever treated differently than regular players thanks to Jordan.
-We've had two lockouts due to the greed started by Jordan (he demanded $30 million a year to come back from retirement and completely screwed up the financial structure of the NBA).
- Nobody can be compared to him without having every move torn apart by the media. A player in any other sport can be held up to the highest standards within a couple years. In the NBA, LeBron is outdoing everything MJ did so far in his career, but so many won't even give him the acknowledgment of being close to an equal with MJ.

It's clear only 5 seconds of thought went into this post, because it is terrible...

- Jordan didn't get foul calls nearly to the degree that players today get foul calls
- Jordan's "greed" didn't screw up the financial structure of the NBA. If anything him getting $30 Mil a year was actually less than market value from the increased revenues...
- LeBron is not outdoing "everything" MJ did thus far in his career. Just off the top of my head, how many consecutive Points titles does Bron have? How many DPOY? How many Finals MVPs?

amos1er
04-16-2013, 07:04 PM
It's clear only 5 seconds of thought went into this post, because it is terrible...

- Jordan didn't get foul calls nearly to the degree that players today get foul calls
- Jordan's "greed" didn't screw up the financial structure of the NBA. If anything him getting $30 Mil a year was actually less than market value from the increased revenues...
- LeBron is not outdoing "everything" MJ did thus far in his career. Just off the top of my head, how many consecutive Points titles does Bron have? How many DPOY? How many Finals MVPs?

I would agree that you can't blame Jordan for today's problems in the NBA. That would be David Stern. But lets not try to act like Jordan didn't get equal to or better treatment than the players in todays NBA. That is just ludicrous.