PDA

View Full Version : Is Kobe's injury a good thing for the LAL?

OceanSpray
04-13-2013, 06:34 PM
Certainly it's never a good thing when your best player is injured but will it help spark them? Assuming Nash can come back, will Howard/Gasol be able to step it up?

ManRam
04-13-2013, 06:36 PM
no. even if they "step up", they ain't getting out of the first round.

LAKobeBryant
04-13-2013, 06:44 PM
^agreed, i dont see a upset anymore w/o Kobe.
I thought Stern was going pull the final that everyone wants to see Kobe vs LeBron.
Especially it's Stern last year as commissioner :D

ManRam
04-13-2013, 06:56 PM
I thought Stern was going pull the final that everyone wants to see Kobe vs LeBron.

stern isn't an all-powerful god. he couldn't get the lakers to the finals with kobe. i don't even think he could have gotten them passed whoever they would have played in round 1 with kobe. they haven't beat a WC playoff team on the road in 4 months. 4 wins against SAS or OKC, even with Kobe? not happening.

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-13-2013, 06:56 PM
They were not getting by the Thunder anyway. What it may help is in the case of Dwight. He now gets to be the man on a major market and get the most money in the same place. He always wanted that.

DaLakerz Rulz
04-13-2013, 06:58 PM
They were not getting by the Thunder anyway. What it may help is in the case of Dwight. He now gets to be the man on a major market and get the most money in the same place. He always wanted that.

We will finally be able to witness more of his awesome post up game!!!

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-13-2013, 07:02 PM
stern isn't an all-powerful god. he couldn't get the lakers to the finals with kobe. i don't even think he could have gotten them passed whoever they would have played in round 1 with kobe. they haven't beat a WC playoff team on the road in 4 months. 4 wins against SAS or OKC, even with Kobe? not happening.

Bro havnt you heard? Lakers have only gotten this close due to Stern. Ever since January 26th Stern has helped the Lakers beat OKC, Memphis, Golden State, Indiana, Chicago, Hawks, Celtics when they were rolling etc. He is the great and powerful Oz behid the curtain. Lakers 14 games above 500 for the past 3 months. He can do all things.

ManRam
04-13-2013, 07:06 PM
Bro havnt you heard? Lakers have only gotten this close due to Stern. Ever since January 26th Stern has helped the Lakers beat OKC, Memphis, Golden State, Indiana, Chicago, Hawks, Celtics when they were rolling etc. He is the great and powerful Oz behid the curtain. Lakers 14 games above 500 for the past 3 months. He can do all things.

the sad thing is, people actually think this...

Missing56&33
04-13-2013, 07:12 PM
I don't think it's a good thing at all to see Kobe go down like this. This is not about the Lakers making the playoffs or Dwight showcasing his skills...it's about the 2nd best player to ever play the game not being able to play because of an injury.

Think Dwight was bad before...wait until he has to play in the playoffs without Kobe.

DaLakerz Rulz
04-13-2013, 07:14 PM
I don't think it's a good thing at all to see Kobe go down like this. This is not about the Lakers making the playoffs or Dwight showcasing his skills...it's about the 2nd best player to ever play the game not being able to play because of an injury.

Think Dwight was bad before...wait until he has to play in the playoffs without Kobe.

At this point (blame it on injuries, coaching, lack of chemistry...whatever) I don't think any Laker fans are expecting Dwight to go into beast mode. If somehow the Lakers make it to the playoffs, it is going to be an ugly beatdown.

beliges
04-13-2013, 07:16 PM

Kobe will come back at an all star level again. Its not as if he was relying on his quickness or athleticism. His skill level is second to none and his fundamentals are as good as anyone to have ever played the game. Those will not be effected by this injury. I think Xmas next year is very realistic.

LAKobeBryant
04-13-2013, 07:19 PM

you have to believe some what sports are scripted

Captain Moroni
04-13-2013, 07:26 PM
It's Dwight's team now.

DumDum
04-13-2013, 07:26 PM
It's time for the LA Lakers to finally have a good basketball again not have someone who takes 1 million and a 1/2 shots and thinks he's Michael Jordan

3RDASYSTEM
04-13-2013, 07:37 PM
Its funny that LA won games when BEAN was in NASH mode, he would tally 10pts or so and they would win

im sure they can find a way to get NASH back his role and make up for those points easily

its the 4th qtr crunch time is where he will be missed most, and late in 2nd qtr

in playoffs aside from rebounding its the most important thing, getting buckets in a make or miss game

gauth25
04-13-2013, 07:43 PM
Ha at all the people who think they'll be better without him. Sorry, but not a chance in hell. You can say all you want how he shoots to much blah blah blah. He has carried them multiple times to wins single handedly especially the last few games. He is the driving force of that team. When you lose a player like him, you lose alot.

amos1er
04-13-2013, 07:51 PM

Haha...Nice sig. Very true. Kobe's drive, will and heart are in another universe compared to Lebron.

ChiTownPacerFan
04-13-2013, 07:54 PM
the sad thing is, people actually think this...

No they don't! The sad thing is that people think people actually think this.

What many people actually believe (myself included) is that refs understand that they need to officiate a certain way. Do you really think guys like Joey Crawford and Dick Bevetta are treated like elite refs because they're just so damn good? No, they get to officiate the biggest games of the year because they know what the leagues wants. This isn't that complicated.

DumDum
04-13-2013, 07:59 PM
Haha...Nice sig. Very true. Kobe's drive, will and heart are in another universe compared to Lebron.

You have Mention lebron it's in your blood you have to talk about them every day

ThunderousDemon
04-13-2013, 08:02 PM
Who needs Kobe when we have the refs helping us.

The Illuminati, Stern, and the Hellfire club have too much invested in a Lakers vs Heat finals, they will not let the Lakers lose until they have reached the finals.

Trust in David Stern forever,
for David Stern is an everlasting rock. :worthy:

b@llhog24
04-13-2013, 08:13 PM
Rigged

amos1er
04-13-2013, 08:16 PM
You have Mention lebron it's in your blood you have to talk about them every day

Your sig is totally classless as are you. Hopefully your boy doesn't choke again like in 2011 or he won't even be getting his 2nd ring.

Sssmush
04-13-2013, 08:18 PM
The most we could say is that it might be a good thing for Dan Tony, who now has another excuse to get out of the impossible embarassment he has created of proving himself the worst coasch in nba history.

As I said in the Laker room, Im hoping that after the Lakers lose against houston or whatever, and dantoni is smiling with his dumbass capped chompers giving a bunch of idiot excuses, that Jim Buss comes in and fires him live on TV.

Do it Jim!!! Fire his ****ing *** on live TV!!!

Hawkeye15
04-13-2013, 08:44 PM
No, it's not good. nothing about it is good.

DumDum
04-13-2013, 08:52 PM
Your sig is totally classless as are you. Hopefully your boy doesn't choke again like in 2011 or he won't even be getting his 2nd ring.

you bundle of sticks

Backstabber
04-13-2013, 08:53 PM
Can't figure out, how an iconic figure for a franchise playing at an elite level going down can be a good thing. Just me. Any Laker fan who thinks it's a good thing, deserves the purgatory they are about to be in if he can't return in decent form.

b@llhog24
04-13-2013, 08:55 PM
Can't figure out, how an iconic figure for a franchise playing at an elite level going down can be a good thing. Just me. Any Laker fan who thinks it's a good thing, deserves the purgatory they are about to be in if he can't return in decent form.

It's the "Patrick Ewing" theory.

Sssmush
04-13-2013, 08:58 PM
Yeah the OP can suck a bag of ****s

LAKobeBryant
04-13-2013, 08:58 PM

If only the creator of the sig puts Paul peirce wheelchair beside Kobe too.

iam brett favre
04-13-2013, 08:59 PM
no. even if they "step up", they ain't getting to the first round.

Fixed.

DumDum
04-13-2013, 09:02 PM

what do you know about class your a laker fan

PC
04-13-2013, 09:17 PM
No. Just... no.

amos1er
04-13-2013, 10:55 PM
what do you know about class your a laker fan

The phrase "pot calling the kettle black" seems to fit this situation perfectly. The day after Kobe has one of his worst injuries in his career at age 34, you are posting some whack *** sig taking cheap shots. You look like a total hater troll and a complete joke. Even the biggest Kobe haters on this site have not stooped as low as you. You sir are truly the bottom of the barrel.

beasted86
04-13-2013, 11:05 PM

I got my good laugh for the day!

Aust
04-14-2013, 12:59 AM

GOAT sig :cool:

lol, please
04-14-2013, 01:38 AM
I got my good laugh for the day!

Yea no kidding. I love Kobe, but not even close. Not even close.

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-14-2013, 01:43 AM
GOAT sig :cool:

I would like to throw my hat in the ring

Purple_n_Gold
04-14-2013, 01:46 AM
I would like to throw my hat in the ring
Classic sig bro. Love it.

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-14-2013, 01:47 AM
If only the creator of the sig puts Paul peirce wheelchair beside Kobe too.

Done and done

LAKobeBryant
04-14-2013, 02:11 AM
Done and done

make it bigger i can't even read the text lol

pd1dish
04-14-2013, 02:12 AM

i agree. i never saw them going far anyways. i was reading something that Bill Simmons wrote about the Lakers now possibly amnestying Kobe. i mean, Kobe isnt going to come back anytime soon and, at his age, it will take him a very long time to get back to 100% on the basketball court.

he said that the Lakers could save something like $80 million if they amnesty Kobe. i think it would be a low blow to Kobe, but for financial and basketball reasons, it might be the best move. imagine Kobe as a free agent...it would be interesting to see who would be willing to open up their check book for him.

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-14-2013, 05:45 AM
make it bigger i can't even read the text lol

There you go grandpa!! lol

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-14-2013, 05:48 AM
Lets see...
Starters
Dwight Howard- Off back surgery, tears labrum in right shoulder
Pau Gasol- Tears plantar fascia in right foot
Metta Peace- Torn lateral meniscus in his left knee
Kobe Bryany- Ruptured Achilles
Steve Nash- Broken leg, pulled hamstring

Bench
Steve Blake- Abdominal tear
Jordan Hill- Torn labrum in left hip

Coach
Mike D'Antoni- Knee surgery and mental retardation

Owner
Jerry Buss Dies

All that and they still have a chance for the 6th spot and are 5 games above 500 in the west. Even when things go terrible they are still doing great!!! I love the Lakers

koreancabbage
04-14-2013, 07:25 AM
There you go grandpa!! lol

LOL great sig. Pierce has to be the icing on the cake for that. no idea what injury he got that he needed a wheelchair but he recovered quickly. =P