PDA

View Full Version : Not "the saddest day in sports"

mightybosstone
04-13-2013, 06:43 AM
I've read a lot of people in this forum tonight and this morning refer to this as "the saddest day in sports." I understand what you're going through, believe me, I do. I remember when Hakeem, my boyhood idol, was traded to the Raptors when I was a kid and how that felt. And I remember when Jeff Bagwell started to get old and he couldn't do it anymore. It's tough.

But you know what else I remember? I remember being a young kid who only had an interest in NASCAR because my dad was a Dale Earnhardt fan. I remember being a young kid watching the Daytona 500 and being pretty pleased with how good a race it was until Earnhardt hit the wall, and I went to my room to sulk. Then I remember the phone call and how my entire body went numb when I turned on the television to see that the same accident which ended his race had ended his life.

I was also a huge Steve McNair fan, being an Oilers fan as a child and later a Titans fan as an adult. He was my favorite player as a kid and still one of my favorites, even when he moved to the rival Ravens. And I remember the blood rushing from my face when I saw the news of his tragic death on ESPN.

Len Bias. The 1972 Olympic Games. Sean Taylor. Nick Adenhart. Darryl Kile. Those are true sports tragedies. You could even argue injuries which destroyed players careers before they ever really began are far worse. Ask Bill Walton if he was devastated by Kobe's news and I'm sure he'd tell you that he'd swap careers with Kobe in a heartbeat.

Kobe Bryant had one of the longest, greatest careers in the history of sports. And if last night was his last game, be extremely proud of his career and remember how lucky he was to play the game he loved for so long. But don't mourn him as if the guy died. Please put this into perspective before you browse these forums and refer to it as the "saddest day in sports."

Bruno
04-13-2013, 07:47 AM
I've read a lot of people in this forum tonight and this morning refer to this as "the saddest day in sports." I understand what you're going through, believe me, I do. I remember when Hakeem, my boyhood idol, was traded to the Raptors when I was a kid and how that felt. And I remember when Jeff Bagwell started to get old and he couldn't do it anymore. It's tough.

This isn't a washed up 39 year old Hakeem getting traded from the Rockets. This is a player playing at a near MVP caliber level going down with a season ending injury while his team is fighting for a playoff spot two games before the start of the post season. this is an entire franchises season,and potentially near future going out the window.

if this is the worst sports news that some sixteen year old kid has ever seen and it qualifies as the saddest day in their history as a sports fan then can't you just let them have it? i don't see how some arm twisting lesson on perspective is going to change that. in terms of something happening on the field or on the court, this is certainly as heart-breaking as they come considering the context of this season and his career.

I've been a basketball fan for 17 years and this is quite easily one of the saddest days ive experienced as a sports fan. if that's how i feel about it then that's my prerogative. from one fan to another, you're not really in any position tell people what to feel sad about. if everyone is entitled to what they believe, then people are certainly entitled to what they feel and no other fan is really in any position to tell another that what they're feeling isn't worthy of given consideration. the context that you've provided doesn't really change the fact that this is a horrible way to go out, and a very sad day for many NBA fans.

Iron24th
04-13-2013, 07:59 AM
This isn't a washed up 39 year old Hakeem getting traded from the Rockets. This is a player playing at a near MVP caliber level going down with a season ending injury while his team is fighting for a playoff spot two games before the start of the post season. this is an entire franchises season,and potentially near future going out the window.

if this is the worst sports news that some sixteen year old kid has ever seen and it qualifies as the saddest day in their history as a sports fan then can't you just let them have it? i don't see how some arm twisting lesson on perspective is going to change that. in terms of something happening on the field or on the court, this is certainly as heart-breaking as they come considering the context of this season and his career.

I've been a basketball fan for 17 years and this is quite easily one of the saddest days ive experienced as a sports fan. if that's how i feel about it then that's my prerogative. from one fan to another, you're not really in any position tell people what to feel sad about. if everyone is entitled to what they believe, then people are certainly entitled to what they feel and no other fan is really in any position to tell another that what they're feeling isn't worthy of given consideration. the context that you've provided doesn't really change the fact that this is a horrible way to go out, and a very sad day for many NBA fans.

I could have not said it better myself.

Who the F is this guy to tell people how they should feel or not??!!!!

Comparing this to a 39 years old washed up hakeem???!!!

I felt bad for all bulls fans when Rose went down, injuries like this should never happen.

WTF?!!!! This is a shame to post a thread like this.

mightybosstone
04-13-2013, 08:08 AM
Then you both have completely lost perspective and clearly have COMPLETELY missed the point of my thread to begin with. What happened to Kobe is horrible, but he is not dead, nor was his career cut significantly shorter as a result of a major injury early in his career. Instead of appreciating how good you've had it and realizing all of the many bright sides to the situation, you're dwelling on the negatives as if this is some Shakespearean tragedy.

If this is the worst thing you ever witness as sports fans, you will be the luckiest sports fans in the history of professional sports.

Iron24th
04-13-2013, 08:14 AM
Then you both have completely lost perspective and clearly have COMPLETELY missed the point of my thread to begin with. What happened to Kobe is horrible, but he is not dead, nor was his career cut significantly shorter as a result of a major injury early in his career. Instead of appreciating how good you've had it and realizing all of the many bright sides to the situation, you're dwelling on the negatives as if this is some Shakespearean tragedy.

If this is the worst thing you ever witness as sports fans, you will be the luckiest sports fans in the history of professional sports.

Come on, the guy is 35 years old soon, he gave his all to still have a chance in playoffs, to waste a year for a 17th years vet is tragic.

mightybosstone
04-13-2013, 08:20 AM
Come on, the guy is 35 years old soon, he gave his all to still have a chance in playoffs, to waste a year for a 17th years vet is tragic.

It's most definitely depressing. But let's be real for a second. Was this Lakers' team really going to contend this year? No. And it's not like Kobe's career is 100 percent over. He may not come back the same player, but he will probably come back. Bryant is a machine, and if any 34-year-old in the history of professional sports can overcome an ACL tear, it's him.

The bigger tragedy would be if this injury means Howard leaves during the summer. That would have much more of a long-term effect on the franchise than this ACL tear.

Heediot
04-13-2013, 08:29 AM
Lakers weren't doing **** all anyways. What people are depressed and sad about is speculative potential. Let's say he were healthy, there is no guarantee that they have a good near future. In my opinion they's be in the same boat if he were injured or not.

Iron24th
04-13-2013, 08:29 AM
It's most definitely depressing. But let's be real for a second. Was this Lakers' team really going to contend this year? No. And it's not like Kobe's career is 100 percent over. He may not come back the same player, but he will probably come back. Bryant is a machine, and if any 34-year-old in the history of professional sports can overcome an ACL tear, it's him.

The bigger tragedy would be if this injury means Howard leaves during the summer. That would have much more of a long-term effect on the franchise than this ACL tear.

Of course I took the Dwight stuff into consideration.

And contending or not, all teams fans want to see their team having a chance at full strenght.

If not why do you want your rockets team in the playoffs?
They are not contenders and so what?

mightybosstone
04-13-2013, 08:41 AM
Of course I took the Dwight stuff into consideration.

And contending or not, all teams fans want to see their team having a chance at full strenght.

If not why do you want your rockets team in the playoffs?
They are not contenders and so what?

But the Rockets aren't winning anything this season, and I'm completely fine with that. Also, consider how different things are in Houston and LA. The Rockets haven't been in the playoffs in four years and have won one playoff series in over 15 years. Also, the Lakers have had better luck with injuries over the last 10-15 years than probably any team in the league. Kobe has been a rock, Shaq was a beast and Pau hasn't been that injury prone aside from this season. The Rockets meanwhile? T-Mac and Yao's injuries have basically destroyed our chances to contend over the last decade.

Our franchise has had a history with horribly unlucky injuries. That being said, I still wouldn't be that devastated by a Harden ACL tear at this point in the season. Would it suck to get blown out in the playoffs and to suck for most of next season? Of course, especially if it hurt their chances to get a second superstar over the next year. But I'd deal, and the Rockets could still pursue free agents and trade opportunities next offseason.

ewing
04-13-2013, 08:44 AM
Shut up.

mightybosstone
04-13-2013, 08:45 AM
Shut up.

Thanks for the detailed insight and sports discussion. You stay classy, friend! ;)

Vinny642
04-13-2013, 08:47 AM
the saddest is the 17th.... the Hornets last game

Lakers + Giants
04-13-2013, 08:54 AM
For me, this is the most dissapointed ive been afrer a laker game since ive been a fan . (2000).

This is devastating as a laker fan and it feels like i just got punched in the gut. It's a feeling of dissapointment, frustration, and shock all balled into 1 emotion. It's tough to accept defeat especially like this.

Honestly i wish all of the other NBA teams the best of luck going forward. Especially health wise, that way injuries won't be the reason for any team's demise.

mightybosstone
04-13-2013, 08:57 AM
Your an idiot. In not even a Laker fan but im glad that game wasn't televised nationally. People just watched a guy that has given his all and given them a lot of joy for 15 years go down 2 games before the playoffs. They should feel bad. They should be sad. For some it might be the saddest day in sports. Just shut up

You also have completely failed to see the point of the thread. I'm not telling people how to feel. I'm telling them that things are not nearly as bad as they think they are. No one is dead. Kobe's career is not completely over. And sports fans should have much thicker skins than this. Then there's the whole "Lakers have a shitload of cap space in 2015 and everyone will probably want to go there" point that I haven't even brought up yet.

I will not shut up, and I would appreciate it if you were a little more open minded with your responses in the future.

ewing
04-13-2013, 09:00 AM
You also have completely failed to see the point of the thread. I'm not telling people how to feel. I'm telling them that things are not nearly as bad as they think they are. No one is dead. Kobe's career is not completely over. And sports fans should have much thicker skins than this. Then there's the whole "Lakers have a shitload of cap space in 2015 and everyone will probably want to go there" point that I haven't even brought up yet.

I will not shut up, and I would appreciate it if you were a little more open minded with your responses in the future.

No

mightybosstone
04-13-2013, 09:09 AM
For me, this is the most dissapointed ive been afrer a laker game since ive been a fan . (2000).

This is devastating as a laker fan and it feels like i just got punched in the gut. It's a feeling of dissapointment, frustration, and shock all balled into 1 emotion. It's tough to accept defeat especially like this.

Honestly i wish all of the other NBA teams the best of luck going forward. Especially health wise, that way injuries won't be the reason for any team's demise.

I know it's tough. I remember in 2008 when Yao went down in that epic first round playoff series with the Lakers how tough it was to swallow. But after I had a couple of days to digest it, I realized things weren't as bad as they seemed. They already were without McGrady, so even if Yao had been healthy and the Rockets had somehow defeated LA, they probably weren't winning a title. And, of course, the foot injury wouldn't keep Yao sidelined for that long.

Okay.... obviously I was DEAD wrong about that, as was every other Rockets' fan. But as much as I love(d) Yao Ming, the dude was no Kobe Bryant. Kobe does not have a history with chronic injury and there's no reason to believe he won't be back some point next season. And this Lakers team also had little to no chance to legitimately contend for the title this year.

Give it a couple of days and things won't seem so grim.

mightybosstone
04-13-2013, 09:10 AM
No

It's nice to see intelligent, thought provoking posts like this on PSD. It's people like you that make me glad to have an outlet to talk sports.

Iron24th
04-13-2013, 09:10 AM
But the Rockets aren't winning anything this season, and I'm completely fine with that. Also, consider how different things are in Houston and LA. The Rockets haven't been in the playoffs in four years and have won one playoff series in over 15 years. Also, the Lakers have had better luck with injuries over the last 10-15 years than probably any team in the league. Kobe has been a rock, Shaq was a beast and Pau hasn't been that injury prone aside from this season. The Rockets meanwhile? T-Mac and Yao's injuries have basically destroyed our chances to contend over the last decade.

Our franchise has had a history with horribly unlucky injuries. That being said, I still wouldn't be that devastated by a Harden ACL tear at this point in the season. Would it suck to get blown out in the playoffs and to suck for most of next season? Of course, especially if it hurt their chances to get a second superstar over the next year. But I'd deal, and the Rockets could still pursue free agents and trade opportunities next offseason.

You don't get it man, we're devastated cause we can feel his pain.

Heediot
04-13-2013, 09:17 AM

LOLOL and this justifies it as being the saddest day in sports?

mightybosstone
04-13-2013, 09:18 AM

You're forgetting I'm a die-hard fan of a team which endured Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming's injuries. Every time Yao went down with a foot injury was a like a punch in the stomach and a knife in the back. And every single time, you saw it coming, because you were waiting for it since the last injury and holding your breath that it wouldn't happen. When I talked about the Rockets potential before every season, I would always assume a healthy Yao even though I always knew deep down it was a pipe dream. Just because I saw the injuries coming didn't make them any better.

All sports fans have to deal with major injuries. It's the baggage which comes with being a sports fan (among other things). And it's practically a miracle, given Kobe's career, that he's gone this long without a major injury like this.

Mr Costanza
04-13-2013, 09:23 AM
When Jeter went down last year I was at the game and had no way of knowing exactly what happened. The rumblings in the section I was sitting in was his career was over (obviously wrong). I was beyond devastated so I know how this feels. Watching someone you idolize as as a kid get walked off like that can, at least for a short while, seem like the saddest moment in sports. I'm sure though in the next few months you'll change your opinion. He's not dead, hopefully not a career ender, it's just a big injury in a great players career.

chitownbulls
04-13-2013, 09:56 AM
double post.

chitownbulls
04-13-2013, 09:57 AM
No

So after telling the guy to shut up, you have no defense for your argument? He never said anything bad, and yeah honestly this isn't close to the saddest day in basketball and you know it. Sure some people think its the end of the world, but it's not where as bad as the media is portraying it. Kobe is a 34 year old man that has won 5 championships, believe it or not, thats a successful career and his career should be ending soon anyways.

Instead of insulting people with no logical response, maybe you should think about a backup argument. Because your comments have just made you look moronic, idiotic, and a representation of the immaturity on psd.

GiantsSwaGG
04-13-2013, 10:07 AM
:facepalm:

alexander_37
04-13-2013, 10:13 AM
The saddest day in sports? You have to be kidding me, imagine all the Sonics fans and maybe Kings fans who may have their team ripped away from them, or fans of races who have died ... that's said. This may be unfortunate but injuries do happen, this isn't professional monopoly.

ManRam
04-13-2013, 10:14 AM
there have been devastating injuries to top 5-7 players on CONTENDING teams numerous times before. now, this is KOBE, and this is the LAKERS. and if this is the end then it really might be as sad as some make it out to be. it's a tragic end to what will, whether they make the playoffs or not, have been a tragic season. just add it to the sad list of things. but expectations weren't high. this isn't ruining a finals run. and it's not like "damn, kobe can't catch a break either". this is the first super serious injury of his career...and it came in his 17th season. perspective.

but it might end a career (i doubt he lets his anything but his own will decide that). and that is indeed terribly sad.

very sad, and even as spoiled as lakers fans have gotten (again, that's a compliment) this must suck so much. but there have been numerous more saddening things. numerous. maybe not many for lakers fans...but they're the most blessed fans in the nba.

KnicksorBust
04-13-2013, 10:19 AM
You're forgetting I'm a die-hard fan of a team which endured Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming's injuries. Every time Yao went down with a foot injury was a like a punch in the stomach and a knife in the back. And every single time, you saw it coming, because you were waiting for it since the last injury and holding your breath that it wouldn't happen. When I talked about the Rockets potential before every season, I would always assume a healthy Yao even though I always knew deep down it was a pipe dream. Just because I saw the injuries coming didn't make them any better.

All sports fans have to deal with major injuries. It's the baggage which comes with being a sports fan (among other things). And it's practically a miracle, given Kobe's career, that he's gone this long without a major injury like this.

You have endured some of this pain before with Yao and T-Mac and let me ask you an honest question... within 10 hours of experiencing that pain would you really have wanted to listen to somebody try and explain how this isn't as bad as Len Bias dying? Or Dale Earnhardt ? Did you expect Lakers fans who love Kobe and have watched Kobe for over a decade bring them thrills and chills to be like "yeah you're right, this isn't as bad as a nascar driver dying so I'll let it go" ? For the people that are so connected and have followed him for so long haven't they earned the right to be a little dramatic and for them to grieve. I say yes. Although the smart money says he rehabs and eventually returns that could be his last game and for it to happen the way it did (after hitting those 3's and FTs to will his team back to a tie score), on the game that it did (only a few short days away from the playoffs), during that season that it did (an epic disappointment where they are clinging desperately to an 8th seed) to the player that it did (HoF'er and career Laker who guaranteed the playoffs) is more than enough reason for me to let them have their moment.

RaiderLakersA's
04-13-2013, 10:25 AM

But you know what else I remember? I remember being a young kid who only had an interest in NASCAR because my dad was a Dale Earnhardt fan. I remember being a young kid watching the Daytona 500 and being pretty pleased with how good a race it was until Earnhardt hit the wall, and I went to my room to sulk. Then I remember the phone call and how my entire body went numb when I turned on the television to see that the same accident which ended his race had ended his life.

I was also a huge Steve McNair fan, being an Oilers fan as a child and later a Titans fan as an adult. He was my favorite player as a kid and still one of my favorites, even when he moved to the rival Ravens. And I remember the blood rushing from my face when I saw the news of his tragic death on ESPN.

Len Bias. The 1972 Olympic Games. Sean Taylor. Nick Adenhart. Darryl Kile. Those are true sports tragedies. You could even argue injuries which destroyed players careers before they ever really began are far worse. Ask Bill Walton if he was devastated by Kobe's news and I'm sure he'd tell you that he'd swap careers with Kobe in a heartbeat.

Kobe Bryant had one of the longest, greatest careers in the history of sports. And if last night was his last game, be extremely proud of his career and remember how lucky he was to play the game he loved for so long. But don't mourn him as if the guy died. Please put this into perspective before you browse these forums and refer to it as the "saddest day in sports."

I think I understand the perspective that you are attempting to articulate, but the message cannot be well conceived when said player was reduced to tears, when the player's teammates were reduced to tears. No, none of us can argue extent and gradation of our emotions, but do we really have to? Yes, there is a light at the end of this tunnel, and if we are forced to go no further, we can always look back at how far we've come with Kobe, but right now we're in the tunnel, we're in the moment. A sobering perspective is the LAST thing that we lack.

For the record, I'm not sad. I'm just disappointed for Kobe that he had to find out the limitations of his will over his body in this way, at this crucial point in the season. It would have been epic.

corytwotimes
04-13-2013, 10:29 AM
LMAO!?!?! The saddest day in sports??? I'm pretty sure Dale Earnhardt death was the saddest day in sports, regardless whether you're a NASCAR fan or not. So Kobe has a season ending injury....okaaayy??? So did Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Blake Griffin, Derrick Rose, Dwight Howard, Kevin Love, Rajon Rondo, Andrew Bynum, Peyton Manning, Darrelle Revis, Adrian Peterson, Rob Gronkowski, Tom Brady...AND THE LIST GOES ON!!!! you get my point? **** happens, the Lakers will get over it, it's not like they were goin anywhere this year anyway.

ManRam
04-13-2013, 10:33 AM
it's all about personal perspective.

for many lakers fans, this probably is. i'd imagine for the older lakers fans, the magic thing would hands down be the saddest. for the younger ones, this very well could be it...even with quelled team expectations.

but for the whole sporting world, absolutely not. but we view sports through our own unique lenses. so, again, for a lot of people the statement "saddest day in sports" could be true in their own world view.

ManRam
04-13-2013, 10:40 AM
lmao cry me a river

whose dupe are you? you're almost just as obnoxious as him...

KobeOwnSU
04-13-2013, 10:47 AM
Its one of the saddest days in L.A. sports history and maybe even NBA history. We are talking a potential career ending injury to a top 5 player in the history of basketball. What if MJ went out like this? Russell? I think the reaction by the respective fan bases would be just as great as the Lakers fan base has reacted to this. WE don't need a Rockets fan telling us how to react or control our emotions. This is man, not just a basketball player, that most of psd lakers fans have grown up with. We will mourn how we won't to mourn. Kobe and Laker nation will prevail.

KnicksorBust
04-13-2013, 10:54 AM

Exactly. If you consider the circumstances (which I laid out in an earlier post) this is a pretty historic and certainly devastating injury for many people to cope with.

[QUOTE=mightybosstone;25903066]Thanks for the detailed insight and sports discussion. You stay classy, friend!

Your an idiot. In not even a Laker fan but im glad that game wasn't televised nationally. People just watched a guy that has given his all and given them a lot of joy for 15 years go down 2 games before the playoffs. They should feel bad. They should be sad. For some it might be the saddest day in sports. Just shut up

I'm with ya except for the first three words and the last three words.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-13-2013, 10:56 AM
I wouldn't even say it's the saddest day in Lakers history:shrug:

KnicksorBust
04-13-2013, 10:57 AM
it's all about personal perspective.

for many lakers fans, this probably is. i'd imagine for the older lakers fans, the magic thing would hands down be the saddest. for the younger ones, this very well could be it...even with quelled team expectations.

but for the whole sporting world, absolutely not. but we view sports through our own unique lenses. so, again, for a lot of people the statement "saddest day in sports" could be true in their own world view.

Bingo. If you just think about how long some people have been worshipping this guy it will make sense to you. He's been there for over a decade and experienced the highest level of success multiple times. In that sense, MBT makes a good... cherish the memories... but it's far too soon for that. This is not a glorious retirement to ride off in the ****ing pastures or off into the sunset. This guy had just knocked down two HUGE 3's and took FTs with a shot achilles just to tie the game. This is a guy in his mid 30s whose playing 48 minutes just to drag his team to the playoffs! I have so much respect for Kobe the player and to see him go down like this so close to the playoffs is damn shame.

Mr Costanza
04-13-2013, 11:02 AM
Its one of the saddest days in L.A. sports history and maybe even NBA history. We are talking a potential career ending injury to a top 5 player in the history of basketball. What if MJ went out like this? Russell? I think the reaction by the respective fan bases would be just as great as the Lakers fan base has reacted to this. WE don't need a Rockets fan telling us how to react or control our emotions. This is man, not just a basketball player, that most of psd lakers fans have grown up with. We will mourn how we won't to mourn. Kobe and Laker nation will prevail.

Magics HIV announcement? IMO that trumps this injury for both Laker and NBA history. I'm sure some of the older posters here would agree with me. For the younger Laker fans though I get why this would seem worse given it just happened last night and you probably weren't alive or remember that day.

ManRam
04-13-2013, 11:06 AM

objectively speaking, of course it isn't. but there are younger lakers fans, and everyone is in the heat of the moment. right now, it might feel like it.

kobe has made it 17 years without this serious of an injury. the fact that he was never robbed of signficant time during his absolute prime is an amazing feat and another blessing he bestowed upon his fans.

Lakeshow24KB
04-13-2013, 11:07 AM
I'm just speechless man..all the people saying its not so bad can be entitled to their opinion, but I was born in 1997 and I grew up knowing nothing but Kobe. Kobe jerseys, fatheads, shoes, shirts, anything you name it. Seeing my inspiration go down with such a hard fall after giving EVERYTHING the old man's got has been a punch to the stomache. Whether you think it's the worst day of sports history or not, this will be a very dissapointing moment at the near end of a top 5 player of all time's career.

Teeboy1487
04-13-2013, 11:11 AM
It's one of the saddest days for me as a fan who has practically worshiped Kobe since he came in the league. I honestly don't see why this is even a debate. It's truly sad to see one of the greatest competitors in history go down like that giving his absolute all.

onlythisfar41
04-13-2013, 11:32 AM
It's one of the saddest days for me as a fan who has practically worshiped Kobe since he came in the league. I honestly don't see why this is even a debate. It's truly sad to see one of the greatest competitors in history go down like that giving his absolute all.

I get that its upsetting and frustrating as a fan, I just dont see how its any worse than other injuries that occur to any other player. As some others have cited in this thread, watching Jeter go down in the playoffs last year and have to be carried off the field like that sucked. You knew right there that the series was done and that the season was effectively over. Everyone in the back of their mind was thinking what if he never comes back. With that being said even though it was awful, I would never have stated that it was the saddest day in sports.

Another example just from a Yankee fans perspective just last year was Mo going down for the season in May. It was widely known that it was going to be his last season in the bigs and for him to tear his ACL and be done was devastating. There was a GREAT chance that he would never play again and the greatest closer in history would go out shagging fly balls before the game in May of his last season. Again I reiterate, though that sucked, I would have never said this is the saddest day in sports.

A great player got hurt and it sucks. Kobe is a warrior and had an amazing season considering the circumstances. I just dont see how this can even come close to being considered the "saddest day in sports" for anyone.

lvlheaded
04-13-2013, 11:36 AM
I know a lot of people on this site hate Kobe and the Lakers, but this is a sad day for all NBA fans, whether you hate them or not. No matter what any one says in blind hate, Kobe is one of the best to ever play the game. He may not be perfect, but I respect the hell out of him and what he has done in his career. If this is how Kobe has to go out, it will be a travesty not just for the Lakers and their fans, but the NBA community. We will all be getting robbed of watching one of the greats even if it was just for another season or 2.

I hope he can recover from this and come back, I really do

This is certainly not the saddest day in sports though, at least for me. Thurman Munson, Dale Earnhardt, Steve McNair, Cory Lidle are all above this for me. While this is sad, injuries are part of the game, but men dying in the prime of their lives during their careers is just unspeakably bad

KnicksorBust
04-13-2013, 11:45 AM
I get that its upsetting and frustrating as a fan, I just dont see how its any worse than other injuries that occur to any other player. As some others have cited in this thread, watching Jeter go down in the playoffs last year and have to be carried off the field like that sucked. You knew right there that the series was done and that the season was effectively over. Everyone in the back of their mind was thinking what if he never comes back. With that being said even though it was awful, I would never have stated that it was the saddest day in sports.

There's a difference. To act like this is just another injury is naive. Kobe is in his 17th season with the Lakers with whom he's played for his entire career. He is the 4th leading scorer in NBA History and has won 5 championships. The relationship his fans have formed with him is far more significant than almost every other player-fan bond in sports history.

beasted86
04-13-2013, 11:57 AM
Agree with the OP. This is not the saddest thing to happen in sports history. Kobe had a long successful career, and Lakers weren't at the top of the conference trying to make a run.

This is reminiscent to the news of Alonzo Mourning having to undergo a kidney transplant right after the HEAT seemed primed to make a deeper playoff run after reloading in the offseason by getting Eddie Jones and Brian Grant in their prime, and a veteran Anthony Mason to add to the team. It sucked then, and this injury with Kobe sucks now...

But there have been worse sports tragedies, that's all the OP is saying.

beasted86
04-13-2013, 12:00 PM
There's a difference. To act like this is just another injury is naive. Kobe is in his 17th season with the Lakers with whom he's played for his entire career. He is the 4th leading scorer in NBA History and has won 5 championships. The relationship his fans have formed with him is far more significant than almost every other player-fan bond in sports history.

That's pretty stupid to suggest. There might be more Kobe fans than other player fans in major sports, but I don't get why that bond has to be more significant or special than any other. Laker/Kobe fans aren't more special or significant than anyone else.

Hellcrooner
04-13-2013, 12:02 PM
it definelty isnt sadder than magi Johnson having to retire because of aids.

KnicksorBust
04-13-2013, 12:23 PM
That's pretty stupid to suggest. There might be more Kobe fans than other player fans in major sports, but I don't get why that bond has to be more significant or special than any other. Laker/Kobe fans aren't more special or significant than anyone else.

Of course it is. In the same way that a married couple has a more significant relationship than couple that just started dating. The time/devotion/loyalty/success of that Kobe/LA relationship is one of the strongest in sports history.

Hellcrooner
04-13-2013, 12:34 PM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Day-Italian-Football-Died/dp/1859832067

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munich_air_disaster

so, yeah ., clearly it is NOT " the saddest day".

Hellcrooner
04-13-2013, 12:36 PM
or this one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munich_massacre

VCaintdead17
04-13-2013, 12:37 PM
Saddest moment is sports for me was the Pacers/Pistons brawl not because of the immediate effects (although I'd argue that the Pacers were staring a championship title in the face that year) but because of the long term effects. The stigma of all basketball players being "thugs" and overall bad people STILL hasn't left Indiana and its been ten damn years. The brawl severely crippled our franchise and I don't think we'll ever get near the support we used to have. 50 wins means nothing when you're pretty much last in attendance. That one event ****ed our franchise.

Jarvo
04-13-2013, 12:43 PM
Not the saddest day :shrug:

LAKERMANIA
04-13-2013, 12:51 PM
The "Saddest Day in Sports" is all relative. To someone who never witnessed the murders in the Munich olympics, to someone who was never a big NASCAR fan, and to someone who idolized and emulated Kobe Bryant since he was 8 years old, to that person today is the saddest day in sports.

Hope he gets better.

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-13-2013, 12:59 PM

Just like you dong care about Kobe going down, no one really cares about a guy who drove in circles, a 39 year old having to play in another city, a drug addict and who ever else you listed that I have never heard about. To each their own.

But for me it is not the "saddest day in sports" For me that was Magic and his announcement. Kobe is just injured and he will come back next year. He is laying up in his mansion and still has a great life.

lakerboy
I made that comment on the other thread. It is obviously not the saddest day in sports to 99% of the fans, but to super loyal Laker and Kobe fans like myself, we are crushed. There is no sadder feeling than losing a player you have followed all your life.

Thanks for trying to cheer us all up though. I appreciate that.

Vinny642
Wow Crooner, those are horrible

ManRam
04-13-2013, 01:02 PM
I made that comment on the other thread. It is obviously not the saddest day in sports to 99% of the fans, but to super loyal Laker and Kobe fans like myself, we are crushed. There is no sadder feeling than losing a player you have followed all your life.

Thanks for trying to cheer us all up though. I appreciate that.

for all we know, he could recover in 5 months and be ready for next season. the lakers weren't making a deep run this year.

hopefully in hindsight this isn't as devastating to lakers fans as it seems now.

Vee-Rex
04-13-2013, 01:03 PM
The only reason this is sad is because we won't get to see Kyrie Irving beat Kobe in a one on one game in the summer. :laugh2:

Nah, joking aside... this is a very sad sports moment. Calling it the saddest is relative, but I do believe we can all agree it is sad. Kobe has had the best career out of any current NBA player (followed by Duncan) and will go down as one of the best to ever play the game. I hope his career doesn't end, he has too much of a unique skillset and the days that he and Duncan retire will also be very sad.

By the way, 6-8 month average recovery for a completely torn achilles is a load of crap. For his age he's looking at more like 10-12+ months. Derrick Rose tore his at 23 and it's almost been a year and looking like it'll take more. Adrian Peterson's recovery was miraculous and shouldn't be used as the standard by which players recover.

JLynn943
04-13-2013, 01:04 PM
Far from the saddest imo, and I think it's an insult to every sports tragedy to even pretend that it is. Promising players who we never even got a chance to see develop died. Stars died. This is an injury to a 34 year old player on a team that wasn't going to do anything anyway.

I will never forget watching Dale Earnhardt running well only to get into a wreck that looked relatively normal and then find out that it killed him while his son was there racing with him. That is a tragedy. An injury to a player is not.

Vee-Rex
04-13-2013, 01:04 PM
for all we know, he could recover in 5 months and be ready for next season. the lakers weren't making a deep run this year.

hopefully in hindsight this isn't as devastating to lakers fans as it seems now.

5 months? :clap:

ManRam
04-13-2013, 01:09 PM
5 months? :clap:

it's not outside the realm of possibility at all.

beliges
04-13-2013, 01:10 PM
Kobe should be back by Christmas. The dude just gave everything he had to carry this team. Not a single human could've played that hard for that many minutes with as many miles without wrecking their body. Kobe should've been protected from himself but Dantoni didn't have the balls to do so.

Supreme LA
04-13-2013, 01:11 PM
Everyone on PSD is so ******** nowadays!!

The feeling of sadness is likely a subjective one felt by Kobe and Lakers fans all over the world. What isn't considered saddening to you might mean the world to someone else. Why is this even a thread??? What is the point of this??? The OP is trying to tell Lakers fans they shouldn't be as hurt as they feel right now???

I've been a fan of the game for over 20 yrs and aside from MJ, Kobe is the only other NBA player to have inspired and made me appreciate the beauty of the game. If this is the last time we'll ever see him play then is definitely one of the saddest days in sports history for me, personally, and no one other person and change my opinion on that. I'll miss everything about the guy. From his will and determination, his unrivaled skill and fundamentals, his throwback style of play, his complete mastery of every part of the game, and him being the only real perimeter player (or any player in fact) to have a true post game. With Kobe gone, the NBA and the game in basketball will be missing a LOT in my eyes and a lot of people (especially on PSD) don't realize that.

Vee-Rex
04-13-2013, 01:12 PM
it's not outside the realm of possibility at all.

It's more possible he will suit up, play on one leg, and take the Lakers to the championship.

It's not going to happen.

ManRam
04-13-2013, 01:23 PM
It's more possible he will suit up, play on one leg, and take the Lakers to the championship.

It's not going to happen.

it's probably not. never said it would. it's just possible. players with complete achille's tears have returned in 4-6 months. 7-8 is about the extreme end.

and that's why, to most non-lakers fans, this isn't the saddest day ever, even with kobe-hate removed. LAL wasn't going to make a run this year...most everyone feels they would have been eliminated in round one even if they made it. factor in the fact that this is an injury that isn't one that we think as one of the more career-ending types (though, it has certainly claimed a small number of victims), even at kobe's age, and it just comes off as kobe's season ending a few games earlier and starting a few weeks/months later next year. life goes on for the sports world...even though i myself am upset i won't see him clash with the spurs/thunder.

but, again, through a lakers fans lens this is without a doubt terribly depressing news, and i'm confused why people don't get why...even with the above stated.

mgjohnson7851
04-13-2013, 01:24 PM

I could have not said it better myself.

Who the F is this guy to tell people how they should feel or not??!!!!

Comparing this to a 39 years old washed up hakeem???!!!

I felt bad for all bulls fans when Rose went down, injuries like this should never happen.

WTF?!!!! This is a shame to post a thread like this.

Rose going down was way worse than this because the bulls were a contender.... the lakers were going down in the first round anyway and dwight was likely to leave no matter what.

JLynn943
04-13-2013, 01:26 PM
but, again, through a lakers fans lens this is without a doubt terribly depressing news, and i'm confused why people don't get why...even with the above stated.

Of course it's depressing. If the Kings are moved to Seattle next week, I'll be feeling it even worse. I just think it's totally disrespectful to all those who actually dies in their careers. This is just a hurdle (albeit a major one), but not the end that death is.

JLynn943
04-13-2013, 01:28 PM
Throw in all the players who had surefire HOF careers ended because of injuries that severely inhibited their game (i.e. Grant Hill) in this for some perspective, too.

still1ballin
04-13-2013, 01:29 PM
Saddest day for me. I woke up this morning feeling negative. The weather outside is ugly and gloomy. Just a dark cloud over the franchise.

So many injuries one after another with the Lakers. The Lakers squad played only 20 games together this whole season.

Kobe doesn't deserve this! He worked so hard, so hard and did whatever possible to get his team into the playoffs for this happen. No other player works as hard as this man and its such a shame that this occurred.

I hope he comes back stronger than ever and prove on the doubters wrong and put them in their place!

dalton749
04-13-2013, 01:37 PM
must be hard being a laker fan
what ever will you do with a ****** team of steve nash, pau gasol and dwight howard

LAKERMANIA
04-13-2013, 01:40 PM
Rose going down was way worse than this because the bulls were a contender.... the lakers were going down in the first round anyway and dwight was likely to leave no matter what.

Disagree completely, Rose going down is not as bad as this because Rose still has many years left to play in the NBA.. Kobe is 34 and in his 17th season, there is a possibility that this will END his career.

This is much, much worse.

JLynn943
04-13-2013, 01:43 PM
Disagree completely, Rose going down is not as bad as this because Rose still has many years left to play in the NBA.. Kobe is 34 and in his 17th season, there is a possibility that this will END his career.

Idk, we've already seen a HOF career out of Kobe. If Rose's injury has an impact on him like that of Grant Hill where he is a totally different player, I think that's worse.

ManRam
04-13-2013, 01:50 PM

meh.

kobe is 34, and never had a huge injury like this in his prime. i think if you had the choice of losing Kobe NOW for 8 months or losing Kobe for an ENTIRE season when he was 24, you'd take this :shrug:

especially since a playoff run was not imminent.

if it ends his career, then yeah, this might suck as much/more. but that's TBD, and I think we all doubt it. but, either way, next year could have been his last anyways.

Bruno
04-13-2013, 02:29 PM

no.

You have endured some of this pain before with Yao and T-Mac and let me ask you an honest question... within 10 hours of experiencing that pain would you really have wanted to listen to somebody try and explain how this isn't as bad as Len Bias dying? Or Dale Earnhardt ? Did you expect Lakers fans who love Kobe and have watched Kobe for over a decade bring them thrills and chills to be like "yeah you're right, this isn't as bad as a nascar driver dying so I'll let it go" ? For the people that are so connected and have followed him for so long haven't they earned the right to be a little dramatic and for them to grieve. I say yes. Although the smart money says he rehabs and eventually returns that could be his last game and for it to happen the way it did (after hitting those 3's and FTs to will his team back to a tie score), on the game that it did (only a few short days away from the playoffs), during that season that it did (an epic disappointment where they are clinging desperately to an 8th seed) to the player that it did (HoF'er and career Laker who guaranteed the playoffs) is more than enough reason for me to let them have their moment.

exactly. the entire premise of the thread is in poor taste.

2-ONE-5
04-13-2013, 02:51 PM
this isnt about the Lakers its about one the greatest players to even step on the court. After 17 years Kobe was playing on a level that most players dream of ever playing on. its certainly terrible and not good for basketball in general. Hope he can make a full recovery and go out on his own terms like Mariano Rivera is doing this year.

Heediot
04-13-2013, 02:58 PM
Quit your crying, he's had a great career.

Sadds The Gr8
04-13-2013, 03:15 PM
It sucks that he got injured but people are acting like he just got shot or diagnosed with cancer. Just like the Kevin Ware injury. Some people need to relax lol...sports fans are so sensitive these days.

KobeOwnSU
04-13-2013, 03:20 PM
i bet d'antoni already asked him if he could play another 48 tomorrow.

b@llhog24
04-13-2013, 03:21 PM

I mean Jerry Buss just died so...

b@llhog24
04-13-2013, 03:25 PM
meh.

kobe is 34, and never had a huge injury like this in his prime. i think if you had the choice of losing Kobe NOW for 8 months or losing Kobe for an ENTIRE season when he was 24, you'd take this :shrug:

if it ends his career, then yeah, this might suck as much/more. but that's TBD, and I think we all doubt it. but, either way, next year could have been his last anyways.

+1

Cromedome
04-13-2013, 03:32 PM
I'm not a Laker fan or a Kobe fan but I feel his pain and the pain the fans must be going through.

onlythisfar41
04-13-2013, 03:34 PM

Actually what I said is that its no different than Rivera or Jeter last year for the Yankees. If anything you could say that Rivera's injury was more devastating because there was a legitimate chance that he would never return where as Kobe has already stated he will be back. Never during those two Yankee injuries did anyone go, "oh this is the saddest day in sports." Injuries happen and they suck and you always feel for the guy. But to call this injury worthy of equaling the "saddest day in sports" is absolutely absurd. Complete overreaction.

SwatTeam
04-13-2013, 03:50 PM
Kobe is done. Fin. Hasta manana. Hasta la vista. Eventually, the Vino runs out. His achilles said "oh snap" last night.

I feel his pain. I know the process. I've seen it. Kobe will live a long healthy life. Its not the saddest day in sports for everyone else but I understand for Kobe fans (note how I said Kobe fans and not lakers fans) it's their saddest day. I respect that. The players make this league what it is. It's difficult to not cheer for the player who plays for the team.

For Lakers fans (not Kobe fans), they will overcome this. They cheer for the name on the front of the jersey and not the back of the jersey. They always have. History has shown that the Lakers have always remained a dominant fixture in the NBA. All era's come to an end. The question is who, what, and when does the next era of Lakers dominance begin?

Again, for Kobe fans, I guess this is your saddest day in sports. I respect that. Mamba down.

KnicksorBust
04-13-2013, 04:27 PM
Actually what I said is that its no different than Rivera or Jeter last year for the Yankees. If anything you could say that Rivera's injury was more devastating because there was a legitimate chance that he would never return where as Kobe has already stated he will be back. Never during those two Yankee injuries did anyone go, "oh this is the saddest day in sports." Injuries happen and they suck and you always feel for the guy. But to call this injury worthy of equaling the "saddest day in sports" is absolutely absurd. Complete overreaction.

I also never said it was the saddest day in sports. :) In fact, the OP of the thread seems to be a response to a generic feeling of frustration and disappointment rather than an actual quote or article. My point is that while the vast majority of people, including lakers fans, may not rate this as specifically "the saddest day" it is still a historic day in sports. One of the greatest players in NBA History has had a career threatening injury at the tail end of one of the most memorably Lakers seasons in history. 20 Years from now I will still remember that core (Nash-Kobe-Metta-Gasol-Howard) and that injury. I will remember how he hit those threes and those FTs as his body was breaking down before him. That alone makes it so much more than just another injury.

I will add that the Jeter injury is a good comparison. Jeter with NY and Kobe with LA are immortal sports bonds.

TheRazorboy
04-13-2013, 04:52 PM
Two words: Roberto Clemente.

OceanSpray
04-13-2013, 05:00 PM
The end? Nah, LAL never had a chance to win. Kobe will come back like he has before. He resisted the urge to quit. He's arguably the most competitive player; even more-so than Jordan imo. Even if you hate Kobe and think LeBron is the better player, Kobe will go down as one of the greatest. His career is not over, just the season!

sep11ie
04-13-2013, 05:00 PM

We saw it happen to Yao also.

king4day
04-13-2013, 05:03 PM
Very well said by the OP.
Maybe for LA fans it's the saddest day but it's insulting for this be used to describe as such for other fans. He hurt is achillies, he'll recover. I was more upset about Billup's injury last year.

AddiX
04-13-2013, 05:09 PM
RIP Kobe

Diesel44
04-13-2013, 05:24 PM
Two words: Roberto Clemente.

YES!!!

This post and the dude who made the distinction between Laker fan and Kobie fan have summed this up nicely. This is not even a sad day in sports its just a shame for anyone not a Kobie fan, but who is a sports fan. If you don't get the Clemente reference then look him up and then revisit this forum.

mightybosstone
04-13-2013, 05:48 PM
You have endured some of this pain before with Yao and T-Mac and let me ask you an honest question... within 10 hours of experiencing that pain would you really have wanted to listen to somebody try and explain how this isn't as bad as Len Bias dying? Or Dale Earnhardt ? Did you expect Lakers fans who love Kobe and have watched Kobe for over a decade bring them thrills and chills to be like "yeah you're right, this isn't as bad as a nascar driver dying so I'll let it go"?
Probably not, but if we can agree on anything about me, it's that I'm a hard-headed *******. ;) Still, I wouldn't have come anywhere close to calling it the saddest day in sports. Even as terrible as I felt after Yao's injury in the 2008 playoffs, I could have told you it wasn't probably anywhere close to my top 5 worst moments in sports. The Dale Earnhardt thing and watching the Titans come up a yard short of a Super Bowl were a special kind of devastating. Then there was Colt McCoy getting hurt in the first quarter of the ****ing BCS National Championship, the Oilers moving to Tennessee, Hakeem leaving Houston, the failure of the 1997 Rockets, the Astros getting swept in their only World Series, Darryl Kyle found dead in his hotel room, Steve McNair's insane death, etc. I could go on and on.

I mean, if my body could physically show how much emotionally scarring I've endured from sports, I would just be one giant bloody wound. But some fans undergo more **** than others, and some can handle injuries like this better than others.

For the people that are so connected and have followed him for so long haven't they earned the right to be a little dramatic and for them to grieve. I say yes. Although the smart money says he rehabs and eventually returns that could be his last game and for it to happen the way it did (after hitting those 3's and FTs to will his team back to a tie score), on the game that it did (only a few short days away from the playoffs), during that season that it did (an epic disappointment where they are clinging desperately to an 8th seed) to the player that it did (HoF'er and career Laker who guaranteed the playoffs) is more than enough reason for me to let them have their moment.
I know it's tough for fans, and that's why I prefaced pretty much everything I've said since last with how much I know it sucks. But I just think everyone needs to take a step back and put it in perspective. Very few professional athletes have ever had a career as long or as successful as Kobe has, and if this injury is the end for him, fans have nothing to be ashamed of and should not be left wanting. Kobe was not going to take this Lakers' team to the finals. But I do still think he'll come back to try and make a run at Kareem's point total, among other achievements. And I do think he's got a damn good chance to do so, which is why I think Lakers' fans need to dry those tears, take a deep breath and just relax.

heyman321
04-13-2013, 06:00 PM
who cares really, lakers were getting swept anyways. Kobe needs to hitch a ride on a real contender's backs for a sixth ring, but he never will and he shouldn't. so all he can do is chase the scoring ranks.

b@llhog24
04-13-2013, 06:02 PM
Probably not, but if we can agree on anything about me, it's that I'm a hard-headed *******. ;) Still, I wouldn't have come anywhere close to calling it the saddest day in sports. Even as terrible as I felt after Yao's injury in the 2008 playoffs, I could have told you it wasn't probably anywhere close to my top 5 worst moments in sports. The Dale Earnhardt thing and watching the Titans come up a yard short of a Super Bowl were a special kind of devastating. Then there was Colt McCoy getting hurt in the first quarter of the ****ing BCS National Championship, the Oilers moving to Tennessee, Hakeem leaving Houston, the failure of the 1997 Rockets, the Astros getting swept in their only World Series, Darryl Kyle found dead in his hotel room, Steve McNair's insane death, etc. I could go on and on.

I mean, if my body could physically show how much emotionally scarring I've endured from sports, I would just be one giant bloody wound. But some fans undergo more **** than others, and some can handle injuries like this better than others.

I know it's tough for fans, and that's why I prefaced pretty much everything I've said since last with how much I know it sucks. But I just think everyone needs to take a step back and put it in perspective. Very few professional athletes have ever had a career as long or as successful as Kobe has, and if this injury is the end for him, fans have nothing to be ashamed of and should not be left wanting. Kobe was not going to take this Lakers' team to the finals. But I do still think he'll come back to try and make a run at Kareem's point total, among other achievements. And I do think he's got a damn good chance to do so, which is why I think Lakers' fans need to dry those tears, take a deep breath and just relax.

Lol @ Jimmer.

DaLakerz Rulz
04-13-2013, 06:03 PM
meh.

well said.

Riodagoat
04-13-2013, 06:07 PM
Magic's announcement of having HIV was the saddest day of sports.

LayBraun
04-13-2013, 06:08 PM
I do agree that everyone has been a little dramatic about this. Almost as if someone has died which is kind of pathetic. At the same time, "the saddest day in sports" is all relative to the fan.

asandhu23
04-13-2013, 06:18 PM
Calm down, Lakers' fans. You haven't suffered an ounce of heartbreak fans of teams like Warriors have had. Warriors were a once proud and respected team brought down to its knees by Chris Cohan's ownership in the last 20 years. Be happy your Lakers never went through that.

beliges
04-13-2013, 06:30 PM
who cares really, lakers were getting swept anyways. Kobe needs to hitch a ride on a real contender's backs for a sixth ring, but he never will and he shouldn't. so all he can do is chase the scoring ranks.

He's one of 4 players ever to be so elite with as many rings. Its everyone else in the league today chasing Kobe and nobody is remotely close except for Duncan.

b@llhog24
04-13-2013, 06:33 PM
He's one of 4 players ever to be so elite with as many rings. Its everyone else in the league today chasing Kobe and nobody is remotely close except for Duncan.

Irrelevant to his point however.

mdm692
04-13-2013, 06:48 PM

The year was wasted since the beginning. No pick regardless if they make the playoffs or not and even with Kobe they are a 1st round exit. The injury is horrible but by the look of things he will try to be back by next years opener. The saddest day in sports if you are a Lakers fan is the day that Mike D was hired as a coach over Phil Jackson.

Iron24th
04-13-2013, 07:05 PM

One of the saddest day in sports, yes, considering he's near the end of his career genius.

So, you know where we're coming from.

Iron24th
04-13-2013, 07:07 PM

The year was wasted since the beginning. No pick regardless if they make the playoffs or not and even with Kobe they are a 1st round exit. The injury is horrible but by the look of things he will try to be back by next years opener. The saddest day in sports if you are a Lakers fan is the day that Mike D was hired as a coach over Phil Jackson.

After all he has done to push the Lakers into the playoffs, he deserved to have a chance to play in the playoffs.
That's it.

jgthegame1982
04-13-2013, 07:44 PM
It's ridiculous 2 tell someone what they feel or should feel..

Kobe is probably in my top 5 of all time (I am 30)

Dropping 81 was amazing...
The game winning shots n the dynasty!!!

Who is anyone 2 say its not a sad day..

b@llhog24
04-13-2013, 08:10 PM
It's ridiculous 2 tell someone what they feel or should feel..

Kobe is probably in my top 5 of all time (I am 30)

Dropping 81 was amazing...
The game winning shots n the dynasty!!!

Who is anyone 2 say its not a sad day..

Logically speaking, a career ending injury is a more "positive" outcome than a career ending death.

jgthegame1982
04-13-2013, 08:24 PM
Logically yes.. Lol

N there r so many more or worse things in each individuals lives but still.. If am upset about something n call it the saddest day.. Wtf r u lol 2 tell me different lol

b@llhog24
04-13-2013, 08:52 PM
Logically yes.. Lol

N there r so many more or worse things in each individuals lives but still.. If am upset about something n call it the saddest day.. Wtf r u lol 2 tell me different lol

No one special (at least to you) which is why it shouldn't matter.

DumDum
04-13-2013, 08:54 PM
I'm laughing this like christmas came this yr :D

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-14-2013, 05:50 AM
Lets see...
Starters
Dwight Howard- Off back surgery, tears labrum in right shoulder
Pau Gasol- Tears plantar fascia in right foot
Metta Peace- Torn lateral meniscus in his left knee
Kobe Bryany- Ruptured Achilles
Steve Nash- Broken leg, pulled hamstring

Bench
Steve Blake- Abdominal tear
Jordan Hill- Torn labrum in left hip

Coach
Mike D'Antoni- Knee surgery and mental retardation

Owner
Jerry Buss Dies

All that and they still have a chance for the 6th spot and are 5 games above 500 in the west. Even when things go terrible they are still doing great!!! I love the Lakers