View Full Version : Lakers: Kobe Bryant Out 6-9 Months With Torn Left Achilles

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Krizzle88
04-13-2013, 08:04 PM
We'll see if lakers are better off without him. Like most of you haters think

Terrible injury. I hope he plays again

Krizzle88
04-13-2013, 08:07 PM
They still have Nash Howard & Gasol I wouldn't count them out yet. Time for Howard to play like a superstar

bleedprple&gold
04-13-2013, 08:08 PM
Denial is strong in here. 6-9 months minimum doesnt mean 9 months at most. It means it could technically be more than 9 months. Other surgeons today said to expect him out more like a year. Billups took 11 or 12 months and he's always been extremely fit and hard working too. Stop being naive and assuming best case scenario is the ONLY scenario.

Its Kobe freaking Bean Bryant you tell him 6-9 months he'll be back in 6 months. He could be back playing opening night next year. Don't compare him to Billups, he's has nowhere near Kobe's drive and determination.

faridk89
04-13-2013, 08:17 PM
Its Kobe freaking Bean Bryant you tell him 6-9 months he'll be back in 6 months. He could be back playing opening night next year. Don't compare him to Billups, he's has nowhere near Kobe's drive and determination.

OK DR. take it ez over here.

DumDum
04-13-2013, 09:00 PM
The era ended a while ago

this

PC
04-13-2013, 09:19 PM
That he was able to walk off the court under his own power is ****ing crazy.

I have no doubt that Bryant will come back strong so here's to a speedy recovery

likemystylez
04-13-2013, 09:21 PM
The sad thing is- in a few yrs looking back at this horrible season for the lakers- a lot of casual fans are going to say "Oh it was cuz kobe got injured".... even though this season was a disaster all 80 games before the injury too.

And for posters saying its cuz he mismanaged minutes. Injuries like that happen ina split second. The achilles isnt a muscle that gets sore. He has no recent injuries to it. It was a split second injury. Also- stop saying they were playing kobe too much- the lakers have been fighting for their lives. They literally havent had any wiggle room at all unless they wanted that super team to miss the playoffs all together.

likemystylez
04-13-2013, 09:31 PM
That he was able to walk off the court under his own power is ****ing crazy.

I have no doubt that Bryant will come back strong so here's to a speedy recovery

Did you hear the reporter during the interview ask him if he thought it was something he could play through and just deal with in the off season. It makes you wonder if these guys even pay attention to the game or do ANY research what so ever on what his injury is. I mean there is nothing between the movement in his foot and his ankle. Its impossible for him to support weight on his foot when he flexes his calf or gets on his toes at all. "can you play through it"- its not a bruise or a matter of pain- its like asking someone if they can play the piano after their fingers are cut off.

Kobe looked at him and said- I can't walk man. (He meant walk with anything close to normal movement in his foot)... please dont point out that he walked off the floor- cuz - yeah he got from point A to point B.... but thats not really walking.

Becks2307
04-13-2013, 10:03 PM
Did you hear the reporter during the interview ask him if he thought it was something he could play through and just deal with in the off season. It makes you wonder if these guys even pay attention to the game or do ANY research what so ever on what his injury is. I mean there is nothing between the movement in his foot and his ankle. Its impossible for him to support weight on his foot when he flexes his calf or gets on his toes at all. "can you play through it"- its not a bruise or a matter of pain- its like asking someone if they can play the piano after their fingers are cut off.

Kobe looked at him and said- I can't walk man. (He meant walk with anything close to normal movement in his foot)... please dont point out that he walked off the floor- cuz - yeah he got from point A to point B.... but thats not really walking.

To be fair, the reporter did preface the question by saying that it was in fact a ridic question to ask

lakerfan85
04-13-2013, 10:05 PM
this

That's a bunch of BS!! I can't believe the Mods allow this troll to have a sig like that...

ThaDubs
04-13-2013, 11:07 PM
Gotta love fans who's team hasn't done **** in forever... When the Nuggets ***** slap you guys in the first round expect to hear all about it from me.. Of course there's still a possibility that you fall to the eight seed and have to play OKC..

Even 8th seed is better than no making it to the playoffs. Just calm down you're obviously a little angry that your star is out and your team is out. It's okay buddinski just take a breather.

BKdoubleStacker
04-13-2013, 11:08 PM
The sad thing is- in a few yrs looking back at this horrible season for the lakers- a lot of casual fans are going to say "Oh it was cuz kobe got injured".... even though this season was a disaster all 80 games before the injury too.

And for posters saying its cuz he mismanaged minutes. Injuries like that happen ina split second. The achilles isnt a muscle that gets sore. He has no recent injuries to it. It was a split second injury. Also- stop saying they were playing kobe too much- the lakers have been fighting for their lives. They literally havent had any wiggle room at all unless they wanted that super team to miss the playoffs all together.

Its a tendon, and yes wear and tear can make it more susceptible. He is getting older, but the extreme logging of minutes most likely was the culprit

Iron24th
04-14-2013, 02:00 AM
Even 8th seed is better than no making it to the playoffs. Just calm down you're obviously a little angry that your star is out and your team is out. It's okay buddinski just take a breather.

You talk s.h.i.t a lot for a fan who's team have not done anything than made the playoffs twice in 19 years.

You're first round exit at best and you know it, so be humble for once.

Iron24th
04-14-2013, 02:03 AM
That's a bunch of BS!! I can't believe the Mods allow this troll to have a sig like that...

Haters gonna hate

Iron24th
04-14-2013, 02:16 AM
dude they werent going anywhere this season so it really didnt matter

The nets aren't going anywhere and they're at full strenght, u mad???

ThaDubs
04-14-2013, 02:28 AM
You talk s.h.i.t a lot for a fan who's team have not done anything than made the playoffs twice in 19 years.

You're first round exit at best and you know it, so be humble for once.

Nobody cares about the past. I don't know what time you're living in by I'm living in the present, and in the present the Warriors are a playoff team and the Lakers are a non-playoff team who also just lost their best player.

ThaDubs
04-14-2013, 02:31 AM
The nets aren't going anywhere and they're at full strenght, u mad???

You're such a hypocrite. You told me not to talk ****, then started talking **** about a team that's much better than yours?

lakerfan85
04-14-2013, 03:13 AM
Nobody cares about the past. I don't know what time you're living in by I'm living in the present, and in the present the Warriors are a playoff team and the Lakers are a non-playoff team who also just lost their best player.

Umm.. We're in the eight seed right now.. And that's the present...

lakerfan85
04-14-2013, 03:17 AM
I used to like the Lakers when there were no internet forums. Then fans like these and their blatant arrogance on these forums started to making me puke and dislike the Lakers. I don't like Kobe's game but I hope he recovers soon enough. It's sick wishing someone gets injured (Like so many kobe fans did for LeBron) but I am glad this happened because it makes them suck their own spit.

I love how people assume every Fan is like this.. All your posts are boring.. They make me wanna go take what your user name is..

naps
04-14-2013, 03:20 AM
I love how people assume every Fan is like this.. All your posts are boring.. They make me wanna go take what your user name is..

How cute you still read them. I know my post hurt your arrogance and giant ego. Please go do take a nap like you said. This forum will be better served.

Sssmush
04-14-2013, 03:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8t6Cr7Jv9M

ThaDubs
04-14-2013, 04:09 AM

Oh yeah my bad forgot you got 9 guys on your starting lineup.
Lakers starting 9: Steve Blake, Jodie Meeks, MWP, Pau Gasol, Dwight Howard, ref 1, ref 2, ref 3, David 1st team all-earlobes Stern

Lakers + Giants
04-14-2013, 04:13 AM
Oh yeah my bad forgot you got 9 guys on your starting lineup.
Lakers starting 9: Steve Blake, Jodie Meeks, MWP, Pau Gasol, Dwight Howard, ref 1, ref 2, ref 3, David 1st team all-earlobes Stern

We didn't need the refs the other 2 wins. :shrug:

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-14-2013, 04:49 AM
Lets see...
Starters
Dwight Howard- Off back surgery, tears labrum in right shoulder
Pau Gasol- Tears plantar fascia in right foot
Metta Peace- Torn lateral meniscus in his left knee
Kobe Bryany- Ruptured Achilles
Steve Nash- Broken leg, pulled hamstring

Bench
Steve Blake- Abdominal tear
Jordan Hill- Torn labrum in left hip

Coach
Mike D'Antoni- Knee surgery and mental retardation

Owner
Jerry Buss Dies

All that and they still have a chance for the 6th spot and are 5 games above 500 in the west. Even when things go terrible they are still doing great!!! I love the Lakers :dance:

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-14-2013, 05:55 AM
Lets see...
Starters
Dwight Howard- Off back surgery, tears labrum in right shoulder
Pau Gasol- Tears plantar fascia in right foot
Metta Peace- Torn lateral meniscus in his left knee
Kobe Bryany- Ruptured Achilles
Steve Nash- Broken leg, pulled hamstring

Bench
Steve Blake- Abdominal tear
Jordan Hill- Torn labrum in left hip

Coach
Mike D'Antoni- Knee surgery and mental retardation

Owner
Jerry Buss Dies

All that and they still have a chance for the 6th spot and are 5 games above 500 in the west. Even when things go terrible they are still doing great!!! I love the Lakers :dance:

I just pasted this same post in 6 different Kobe/Laker threads. Not because I want to post pad, or not that its a big secret. But just to show we have way to many of these types of threads open. Why not merge and give people something else to talk about?

GiantsSwaGG
04-14-2013, 07:28 AM
achille's tear =/= acl tear

Wrong, an Achilles tear is actually worse. At least with an ACL you can come back close to form, Achilles you will never be the same again

Swashcuff
04-14-2013, 08:05 AM

Fully agreed. That's utter BS that he's allowed to have such a sig.

Iron24th
04-14-2013, 09:05 AM

The present is you're just two wins ahead looooool
JUST two wins! Our starting lineup played like just 10 games together all year long, and you're just two wins ahead...it means everything about your team.

Oh and we beat you 3-1 this season and this is the present too.

The guy is worse than DMF or LTbabyyy

eternal slumber
04-14-2013, 10:00 AM
by the way, this is how a complete rupture of a achilles looks like.

https://twitter.com/dannyseigle42/status/323428830524104706/photo/

rockbottom2010
04-14-2013, 11:30 AM
like i said from the beginning...laker country, not look good....u gotta blame jim buss for this

ThaDubs
04-14-2013, 03:36 PM

Okay? Then the season series would be 2-2 correct?

ThaDubs
04-14-2013, 03:39 PM
The present is you're just two wins ahead looooool
JUST two wins! Our starting lineup played like just 10 games together all year long, and you're just two wins ahead...it means everything about your team.

Oh and we beat you 3-1 this season and this is the present too.

The guy is worse than DMF or LTbabyyy

Yeah we are 2 wins ahead. Because we're the better team. You were probably one of those kids who were saying they'd break 70 wins. You've had 4 HOFers on your team and still can barely hold onto 8th seed even with help from the refs - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RghqDTFMNdQ. This Lakers team is **** and you try to compensate for the embarrassment by making fun of teams that are better than you. Which makes no sense. :laugh:

NeverSayNevur
04-14-2013, 04:00 PM
by the way, this is how a complete rupture of a achilles looks like.

https://twitter.com/dannyseigle42/status/323428830524104706/photo/

Abueva should've been picked as a replacement for Kelly W.

el hidalgo
04-14-2013, 04:18 PM
Very unfortunate event. Hopefully people realize injuries like this can happen to any player at any time. We need to appreciate players greatness and quit hating on them. Hopefully people who despise LeBron will realize his greatness and enjoy him before it is too late. This can happen to anybody.

Sssmush
04-14-2013, 04:33 PM
Yeah we are 2 wins ahead. Because we're the better team. You were probably one of those kids who were saying they'd break 70 wins. You've had 4 HOFers on your team and still can barely hold onto 8th seed even with help from the refs - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RghqDTFMNdQ. This Lakers team is **** and you try to compensate for the embarrassment by making fun of teams that are better than you. Which makes no sense. :laugh:

The Warriors. Wow.

Stephen Curry is just another Mike Bibby.

Kobe has seen and defeated like three or four generations of these type of point guards. *yawn*
Wake me up if the Warriors ever win a playoff series.

What are you doing even trying to comment in this kind of a thread? It's the NBA that lost when
Kobe went down. One game of watching Kobe go for 47 is worth more than 3 entire seasons of
watching the Warriors try to hustle around and make jumpers or box out for rebounds.

ztilzer31
04-14-2013, 04:58 PM
Wait... Am I to understand that the Lakers are old an injured? No way. We didn't tell all of you guys this since the beginning of the season... You know like when you were talking about winning 70 games?

Really unfortunate for the entire franchise. Kobe should retire even though it's an awful way to go out. This franchise is going to look bad for awhile even if they do re-sign Dwight (which I don't think they will).

Baller1
04-14-2013, 05:02 PM
The Warriors. Wow.

Kobe has seen and defeated like three or four generations of these type of point guards. *yawn*

What are you doing even trying to comment in this kind of a thread? It's the NBA that lost when
Kobe went down. One game of watching Kobe go for 47 is worth more than 3 entire seasons of
watching the Warriors try to hustle around and make jumpers or box out for rebounds.

Lol.

ThaDubs
04-14-2013, 05:38 PM
The Warriors. Wow.

Again, another idiot living in the past. Warriors have sucked for a looooong *** time and I acknowledge that, but if some Kobephiles want to come in here and start talking **** they need to understand what's happening. You're struggling to make the 8th spot and yet you still feel as though you have a place to say **** about my team. Lakers aren't going to win a playoff series this year either (that is if the team even makes the playoffs lol) so don't be a hypocrite. Oh yeah, and you just lost the best shooting guard in the NBA. Good luck.

A wise man once said "We are the better team. They are in the rear view mirror and I am not looking back"

AIRMAR72
04-14-2013, 05:42 PM
great career but as of NOW kobe is FINISH he would NEVER be the again and you could take THAT to the bank

kobelaughsatall
04-14-2013, 07:49 PM
great career but as of NOW kobe is FINISH he would NEVER be the again and you could take THAT to the bank

Sure dude, I guess you haven't watched much of Kobe Bryant over the years. Go back under your rock troll.

DumDum
04-14-2013, 08:14 PM

whats wrong with it . all you guys have naked women and guns as sigs .because its kobe you feel sometype way. the stats are true do some studying. kobe beyond overratted its not cute anymore. I dont like him thats it get over it

lol, please
04-14-2013, 08:20 PM
Again, another idiot living in the past. Warriors have sucked for a looooong *** time and I acknowledge that, but if some Kobephiles want to come in here and start talking **** they need to understand what's happening. You're struggling to make the 8th spot and yet you still feel as though you have a place to say **** about my team. Lakers aren't going to win a playoff series this year either (that is if the team even makes the playoffs lol) so don't be a hypocrite. Oh yeah, and you just lost the best shooting guard in the NBA. Good luck.

A wise man once said "We are the better team. They are in the rear view mirror and I am not looking back"
:clap:

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-14-2013, 08:20 PM

Is that the same idiot who said Kobe was the best player ever? Lol Yeah, his opinion is irrelavent. And he just might have a biased opinion..... maybe.

DumDum
04-14-2013, 08:24 PM
Very unfortunate event. Hopefully people realize injuries like this can happen to any player at any time. We need to appreciate players greatness and quit hating on them. Hopefully people who despise LeBron will realize his greatness and enjoy him before it is too late. This can happen to anybody.

why do you guys call this dude a troll ? 100% right

FraziersKnicks
04-14-2013, 08:55 PM
Something that people seem to be missing... Kobe ruptures his achilles, falls over, and he got two FT's? Typical Laker bias :rolleyes:

el hidalgo
04-14-2013, 08:59 PM
why do you guys call this dude a troll ? 100% right

apparently the definition of troll got rewritten in the dictionary. if you dont worship kobe, you're automatically labeled a troll

Jenceman
04-14-2013, 09:14 PM

A 2 game regular season difference means nothing. Lakers are in better position for the future than the Warriors simply by being the Lakers. Period.

Purple_n_Gold
04-15-2013, 01:04 AM
apparently the definition of troll got rewritten in the dictionary. if you dont worship kobe, you're automatically labeled a troll
Yet here you are posing as a Laker fan with a Kobe picture as your avatar. And yet again here you are talking about trolls. You are the definition of a troll. I mean you've dedicated your time on here to doing this posing. Pretty pathetic even for a troll.

mrblisterdundee
04-15-2013, 01:06 AM
I think it's logical to amnesty Bryant. He'll have plenty of money, the team will be in a better position moving forward, and he can come back after a year of cutting-edge German leg treatments and an insane level of training.

Iron24th
04-15-2013, 07:54 AM

Loool you have zero chance at winning a playoffs series this year and probably in the next decade, your team has to be relevant for you to talk crap with people, and I got some news for you, your team never was, isn't and will never be relevant.

Iron24th
04-15-2013, 07:56 AM
A 2 game regular season difference means nothing. Lakers are in better position for the future than the Warriors simply by being the Lakers. Period.

This :clap:

mightybosstone
04-15-2013, 09:28 AM

It's arrogant attitudes like this which make fans loathe the Lakers. Do the Laker generally attract top tier talents? Yes. But you guys so easily forget that the Lakers are not ALWAYS contenders. Remember the period between Shaq and Gasol where they were non-contenders every year with Kobe and a mediocre supporting cast? Or how about the 90s after Magic was gone and before the dominant Shaq/Kobe duo formed?

All professional sports teams are cyclical, and just because the Lakers can attract top tier talent now does not mean it will always be that way. And to say they're in a better position than a young, improving Warriors team is incredibly arrogant and naive.

JiffyMix88
04-15-2013, 09:37 AM
Man when you think about it Kobe was very fortunate he never really had a serious injury before this one. In 17 years that's a pretty amazing feature. I think Kobe is done in the NBA now. He will come back but the 20 point nights I think will be a thing of the past.

lakerfan85
04-15-2013, 09:53 AM
whats wrong with it . all you guys have naked women and guns as sigs .because its kobe you feel sometype way. the stats are true do some studying. kobe beyond overratted its not cute anymore. I dont like him thats it get over it

I don't have any of those in my sig!! It's a bait sig IMO.. Your name says it all about you..

lakerfan85
04-15-2013, 09:58 AM
It's arrogant attitudes like this which make fans loathe the Lakers. Do the Laker generally attract top tier talents? Yes. But you guys so easily forget that the Lakers are not ALWAYS contenders. Remember the period between Shaq and Gasol where they were non-contenders every year with Kobe and a mediocre supporting cast? Or how about the 90s after Magic was gone and before the dominant Shaq/Kobe duo formed?

All professional sports teams are cyclical, and just because the Lakers can attract top tier talent now does not mean it will always be that way. And to say they're in a better position than a young, improving Warriors team is incredibly arrogant and naive.

When's the last time the Rockets were relevant??

mightybosstone
04-15-2013, 10:12 AM

Right now, they're far more relevant than the Lakers. In the mid 2000s, they had two of the 10-15 best players in the NBA on the same team, but could never stay healthy. And they were extremely relevant in the mid-late 90s with Hakeem, Drexler and Barkley. So, despite their lack of success since 1995, I'd say they've still been consistently relevant over the last 18 years.

DumDum
04-15-2013, 11:22 AM
QUOTE=lakerfan85;25920673]I don't have any of those in my sig!! It's a bait sig IMO.. Your name says it all about you..[/QUOTE]

no,comrade and you got it all you got a mixed up my name is my name is the bait my sig tells a history that is built on a foundation of failure. I understand your world is still turn upside down I give it time to sink in

Iron24th
04-15-2013, 11:23 AM

llullz

DumDum
04-15-2013, 11:26 AM
when did this thread turn into an Inquisition of the Rockets franchise?

DumDum
04-15-2013, 11:28 AM
'' you guys'' are quick to change the debate topic when you lose strong footing on said topic. It saddens me so

heyman321
04-15-2013, 11:56 AM
Lakers are better off without Kobe. Their offense won't be him shooting 16-for 36 every night.

DumDum
04-15-2013, 11:59 AM
Lakers are better off without Kobe. Their offense won't be him shooting 16-for 36 every night.

lala

Stinkyoutsider
04-15-2013, 12:31 PM
I think Kobe will push his retirement back now that he's hurt. Sign a one year deal when his deal is up so he can try to go out on top. I can't imagine Kobe sitting out most of next year, just to come back with a month left and then call it a career?

He wants six titles and I think he'll play as long as it takes to do it with the Lakers. But I do belive him that he's not going to play if he's not the number 1 option anymore. He'll have to think about that again now that he picked up the injury.

For Howard, I hate to say this, but he's getting exactly what he wants. IMO, no way he leaves after this? He becomes the number 1 option for the rest of this season and next too...

I think this will be the perfect way to test if D'Antoni has finally found out how to be flexible with his style? No Kobe as a playmaker and he's got Howard and Gasol in the post. Maybe it's not time for them to use the triangle, but D'Antoni has got to use these 2 together and alternate who gets touches in the low post.

A Lakers team with these 2 guys playing well should scare anyone in the playoffs...

Bruno
04-15-2013, 02:16 PM

kobe averages 20 fga per game.

he's taken more than 36 shots once all season.

He115ing
04-15-2013, 02:17 PM
I blame Mr. Pringles. Remember he also ran Lin into the ground last season with the knee injury. Freaking moron of a coach.

theheatles
04-15-2013, 02:38 PM
He's only going to be a spot up jump shooter by coming back next season with no ability to slash, but if Nash is in top form and running his offense with Pau and Dwight. Then maybe they can flourish, but this offseason many decisions Lakers must make.

BKdoubleStacker
04-15-2013, 02:40 PM
He's only going to be a spot up jump shooter by coming back next season with no ability to slash, but if Nash is in top form and running his offense with Pau and Dwight. Then maybe they can flourish, but this offseason many decisions Lakers must make.

a jump shooter? he still has the best post up game for any guard

Atticus Finch
04-15-2013, 02:59 PM

Hahahahaha I love this. Factor in almost 7 made free throws a game and almost 2 made threes a game and you have (according to you) a 34 year old Kobe averaging over 40 points a game on 45% shooting.

nickdymez
04-15-2013, 03:35 PM

Dumb post by the Heat fan

nickdymez
04-15-2013, 03:36 PM

And how many games has Kobe shot 36 times?

nickdymez
04-15-2013, 03:37 PM
Right now, they're far more relevant than the Lakers. In the mid 2000s, they had two of the 10-15 best players in the NBA on the same team, but could never stay healthy. And they were extremely relevant in the mid-late 90s with Hakeem, Drexler and Barkley. So, despite their lack of success since 1995, I'd say they've still been consistently relevant over the last 18 years.

Wrong bro, they arent. Just because they have a better record (by 1 game) doesnt make them more relavant.

DillyDill
04-15-2013, 03:45 PM
I want kobe to come back full healed and all to challenge the Reem record

Chronz
04-15-2013, 10:36 PM
So why can't Kobe be like Nique and come back, still ballin?

DumDum
04-16-2013, 12:04 AM
Hahahahaha I love this. Factor in almost 7 made free throws a game and almost 2 made threes a game and you have (according to you) a 34 year old Kobe averaging over 40 points a game on 45% shooting.

When has kobe shot 40 with 45 % ? That's out of Character for him . Kobe like a Sloppy baby at the dinner table it's going to go everywhere. He's going Considerably slower he will have to play the 3 spot and he's no where near strong a enough to go against the gorillas in the league who play small forward.

kblo247
04-16-2013, 12:21 AM
Lets just put this into perspective.

The Mavs and Rockets have the money to make a bid. They can even make a bid on Kobe and outright sign Dwight too. Think about this for a second.

If you're Dwight and you're pitched a healthy Kobe returning in December by those teams because he's Kobe and will kill himself to get back and explore even going to Germany.

Would you not sign with Dallas to play with Dirk, Kobe, and possibly more talent over this team?

Would you not sign with Houston to play with Kobe, Harden, Lin, Asik, Parsons?

You know what those teams would say, if they amnestied Kobe who gave them 17 years and played so hard to he gave everything, what happens to you when your back goes out again and you don't even have a NTC, will they ditch you aside?

Would you not leave LA and play in your hometown Atlanta with your best friend Josh Smith, Al Horford, and Kobe who they have all the cap space in the world to bid on while maxing you out thus giving you even more years to compete?

There's the chance the Bulls can make room to bid as they still have their amnesty. Tell Kobe play with Rosť, Deng, and Noah and bring a ring to the team for the first time since MJ and we will appreciate you, and you don't think his competive juices will flow.

The Griz can shed a deal and bid. Play with Zach, Marc, and Conley. Don't forget they signed Iverson and arenas to make money in the past so its always plausible. Not to mention Zach and Marc and Conley all have had better years than Dwight, Pau, and Nash.

The Spurs still have their amnesty. They can bid. Finish your career with Tim and Tony. Be coached by Pop who he knows will prep his minutes all year. Be part of a team that drafts well. Be part of a team with a coach who manages minutes, gets good role players, draft well, and with a winning history too.

After we skip those teams you have to face the fact the Bobcats, Jazz, Wolves, Raptors, Cavs, Hornets, Blazers, Magic, Bucks, and Sixers will all bid on him. Kobe is the best draw in the league. Any gm who doesn't at least place a minimum bid deserves to be fired whether he plays or not because you can sell his image and likeness, his jerseys, etc. Thats business reality! If you get him the fact is you will market him and no matter how he feels, the lakers will have slapped him across the face and spit on his legacy when you see his face and image on other team merch, his name on other jerseys, him superimposed and legally obligated to take part in other teams commercials. By allowing that to happen and that will be the pr backlash of all backlashes.

Worst thing is that whoever bids on him will still have LA paying most his salary to either sit at home and make a team millions off merchandising and not be able to make any themselves next year if the team is bad.

Even worse is if its the Spurs, Bulls, Griz that get him because their rotations are better than LA and la would pay to put him in a better situation. A situation where he can't reasonably just sit out after healing when the best doctors there are say he is to be ready by December.

Worst scenario of all is Houston, Dallas, or Atlanta because Dwight could very well join Kobe on any of those teams and compete for many more years to come accumulating rings. You don't think Dwight would follow him? The same Dwight who has been the only player to visit him everyday more than once since he got hurt. The same Dwight crying. The same Dwight who could leave the la market and not have to deal with their press yet would get to play with Kobe/Dirk, Kobe/Harden/Parsons/Asik/Lin, or Kobe/Horford/Smith!

Have I even mentioned kobe loses all access to laker facilities which means Vitti and the like so you're basically alienating him by exiling him for a year and saying please be cool with us treating you like an outcast, its just the rules

Amnestying Kobe is to be blunt the plant of a dumbass (red Forman voice)

DumDum
04-16-2013, 12:25 AM

The Mavs and Rockets have the money to make a bid. They can even make a bid on Kobe and outright sign Dwight too. Think about this for a second.

If you're Dwight and you're pitched a healthy Kobe returning in December by those teams because he's Kobe and will kill himself to get back and explore even going to Germany.

Would you not sign with Dallas to play with Dirk, Kobe, and possibly more talent over this team?

You know what those teams would say, if they amnestied Kobe who gave them 17 years and played so hard to he gave everything, what happens to you when your back goes out again and you don't even have a NTC, will they ditch you aside?

Would you not leave LA and play in your hometown Atlanta with your best friend Josh Smith, Al Horford, and Kobe who they have all the cap space in the world to bid on while maxing you out thus giving you even more years to compete?

There's the chance the Bulls can make room to bid as they still have their amnesty. Tell Kobe play with Rosť, Deng, and Noah and bring a ring to the team for the first time since MJ and we will appreciate you, and you don't think his competive juices will flow.

The Griz can shed a deal and bid. Play with Zach, Marc, and Conley. Don't forget they signed Iverson and arenas to make money in the past so its always plausible. Not to mention Zach and Marc and Conley all have had better years than Dwight, Pau, and Nash.

The Spurs still have their amnesty. They can bid. Finish your career with Tim and Tony. Be coached by Pop who he knows will prep his minutes all year. Be part of a team that drafts well. Be part of a team with a coach who manages minutes, gets good role players, draft well, and with a winning history too.

After we skip those teams you have to face the fact the Bobcats, Jazz, Wolves, Raptors, Cavs, Hornets, Blazers, Magic, Bucks, and Sixers will all bid on him. Kobe is the best draw in the league. Any gm who doesn't at least place a minimum bid deserves to be fired whether he plays or not because you can sell his image and likeness, his jerseys, etc. Thats business reality! If you get him the fact is you will market him and no matter how he feels, the lakers will have slapped him across the face and spit on his legacy when you see his face and image on other team merch, his name on other jerseys, him superimposed and legally obligated to take part in other teams commercials. By allowing that to happen and that will be the pr backlash of all backlashes.

Worst thing is that whoever bids on him will still have LA paying most his salary to either sit at home and make a team millions off merchandising and not be able to make any themselves next year if the team is bad.

Even worse is if its the Spurs, Bulls, Griz that get him because their rotations are better than LA and la would pay to put him in a better situation. A situation where he can't reasonably just sit out after healing when the best doctors there are say he is to be ready by December.

Worst scenario of all is Houston, Dallas, or Atlanta because Dwight could very well join Kobe on any of those teams and compete for many more years to come accumulating rings. You don't think Dwight would follow him? The same Dwight who has been the only player to visit him everyday more than once since he got hurt. The same Dwight crying. The same Dwight who could leave the la market and not have to deal with their press yet would get to play with Kobe/Dirk, Kobe/Harden/Parsons/Asik/Lin, or Kobe/Horford/Smith!

Have I even mentioned kobe loses all access to laker facilities which means Vitti and the like so you're basically alienating him by exiling him for a year and saying please be cool with us treating you like an outcast, its just the rules

Some of your Scenarios out there but I like the way your thinking next season anything can happen

kblo247
04-16-2013, 12:49 AM
I mean its way too many variables to even think Kobe would make it thru the bidding process. And it's already been said by the Kam Bris he won't have access to laker facilities or personnel if he does make it thru the auction. It would be a friable offense for all GMs with cap space not to place some sort of bid on him because of the money he would generate. Could you as an owner put up with your GM not bidding 3mil knowing LA will have to pay the other 27, and you can make at least 40 selling Kobe (Buss openly said the avg they bring in from Kobe revenue alone was 90mil)? I couldn't say I wouldn't bid on him because its a business and he's a profit magic most small market teams would kill for

And the Dwight thing isn't far fetched. Dwight was turned away from the hospital on the day of his surgery because it was against policy to let him be seen then. He visited him twice Sunday. And he spent the afternoon with him today (so did Meeks). Kobe and Dwight actually get along, whatever happened during the all star break only they know, but they've gotten an understanding of one another and get along ever since. I wouldn't put it pass Dwight to say would they just throw me away if I get hurt like they did Kobe, and then possibly follow Kobe to Dallas/Atlanta/Houston if they won the amnesty bid.

There's just too much chance on front offices being "good guys out of respect for Kobe and the Lakers"

bucketss
04-16-2013, 09:59 AM
damn.. laker fans wishing and praying lebron tears his acl. than this happens. karma is truly a *****, hope vino can make it back soon and get that 6th ring somehow(hopefully in a different uni though:D)

RaiderLakersA's
04-16-2013, 11:08 AM
damn.. laker fans wishing and praying lebron tears his acl. than this happens. karma is truly a *****, hope vino can make it back soon and get that 6th ring somehow(hopefully in a different uni though:D)

Please stop insisting that ALL Lakers fans have ill will for LeBron. The majority of true Lakers fans, who happen to be true sportsmen, by the way, respect LeBron's skills. Look at our history. Look to our rafters. Look at the only other organization that we consider to be true rivals. Game recognizes game, son. We appreciate greatness when we see it.

No, ALL Lakers fans do not hate LeBron, so please cut out the nonsense and b/s philoso-babble about karma. You don't even know what the word means.

RaiderLakersA's
04-16-2013, 11:18 AM

It would be ridiculous to amnesty Kobe at this point. Even if he sits out an entire year at $30 mm with the dollar for dollar tax penalty taking it to $60 mm, the Lakers organization still stands to profit anywhere from $30 mm - $50 mm more in memorabilia. Furthermore, now that Kobe finally has the sympathy factor, LA will once again become the center of the basketball universe even without winning a title this year. Everyone is going to tune in to see how the Kobe story develops, which means free media, free marketing and a chance to further expand an already impressive fanbase. You don't amnesty that.

Atticus Finch
04-16-2013, 01:40 PM
When has kobe shot 40 with 45 % ? That's out of Character for him . Kobe like a Sloppy baby at the dinner table it's going to go everywhere. He's going Considerably slower he will have to play the 3 spot and he's no where near strong a enough to go against the gorillas in the league who play small forward.

I dont know bro you tell me, you're the one who gave the post I quoted the "1+" (I think you meant +1)

But let me break it down for you

16 for 36 translates to:
14 made 2 pointers totaling 28 points
2 made 3 pointers totaling 6 points
7 made free throws totaling 7 points

28 + 6 + 7 = 41 points, and 16 divded by 36 equals .444%

Now by saying he does this "every night" the poster I quoted implied 34 year old Kobe Bryant averages 40+ points a game on almost 45% shooting. When you blindly hate a player and you want to make him look bad you typically dont add 14 points to his scoring average

nickdymez
04-16-2013, 02:03 PM
I dont know bro you tell me, you're the one who gave the post I quoted the "1+" (I think you meant +1)

16 for 36 translates to:

Now by saying he does this "every night" the poster I quoted implied 34 year old Kobe Bryant averages 40+ points a game on almost 45% shooting. When you blindly hate a player and you want to make him look bad you typically dont add 14 points to his scoring average

well his name says it all.........

DumDum
04-16-2013, 02:08 PM
well his name says it all.........

bundle of sticks

DumDum
04-16-2013, 02:14 PM

16 for 36 translates to:

he never did and never will. you call my passions blind but its my god given right not to love every singlething on this planet . lakers dont need him simple as that

Atticus Finch
04-16-2013, 02:58 PM
he never did and never will. you call my passions blind but its my god given right not to love every singlething on this planet . lakers dont need him simple as that

Dude are you serious? Do you not understand what I wrote? What the ****** are you talking about anyways?

nickdymez
04-16-2013, 03:19 PM
bundle of sticks

I dont even know what that meas dum asss

***Edit***

Dum Dum

DumDum
04-16-2013, 03:38 PM
I dont even know what that meas dum asss

***Edit***

Dum Dum

their more in this world than kobe's horrid shooting %'s you should try your local library for some culture in life

nickdymez
04-16-2013, 04:26 PM
their more in this world than kobe's horrid shooting %'s you should try your local library for some culture in life

Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe...

Swashcuff
04-16-2013, 04:51 PM

Horrid what? When has Kobe ever had horrid shooting %s? He has almost always been above league average in every single regard.

DumDum
04-16-2013, 05:27 PM
Horrid what? When has Kobe ever had horrid shooting %s? He has almost always been above league average in every single regard.

I was being melo - dramatic I'm worried little nicky not getting enough outside time always being on PSD

nickdymez
04-16-2013, 05:38 PM
I was being melo - dramatic I'm worried little nicky not getting enough outside time always being on PSD

Calm down dum ****

DumDum
04-16-2013, 05:41 PM
Calm down dum ****

no you clam down dymez