PDA

View Full Version : Most rigged game in NBA history

Pages : [1] 2

zn23
04-13-2013, 01:13 AM
If anyone saw this travesty between the Lakers and GSW you know what I'm talking about. This game trumped the 2002 Kings series.

Lakers 50 Fts to Warriors 16

Lakers 16 PF to Warriors 33

Every time the Lakers drove in all the Warriors had to do was breathe on them and send them to the foul line. Kobe trips over his foot they send him to the foul line. Steph Curry fights through a screen on Howard, they send Blake to the foul line.

It was so biased. I know the NBA wants the Lakers in the playoffs. I want the Lakers in the playoffs, but not like this.

The Warriors played their *** off. They were against 8 men out there and deserved to win. It's games like these where the NBA takes a hit.

Jenceman
04-13-2013, 01:14 AM
The Lakers drove, the Warriors shot perimeter shots. It's the same story every time people claim rigged.

Not to mention half of those FTs went to Dwight and most were intentional fouls.

LayBraun
04-13-2013, 01:15 AM
I didn't watch the game but can anyone who did explain the free throw disparity? Was the game called fair and the Lakers were just the more aggressive team or does it seem like there could be an ulterior motive?

Honestly, just curious.

NewEraFt.ET12
04-13-2013, 01:18 AM
Didn't trump the 2002 Kings series lol.. It was bad though. I couldn't believe it when they called curry for that foul.. and somehow blake went to the line? LOL.

LakersIn5
04-13-2013, 01:18 AM
c0nZp3ErAzY! oh noes!

More-Than-Most
04-13-2013, 01:19 AM
It was wow bad.... Like really really bad.

sunsfan88
04-13-2013, 01:20 AM
Is there any Laker fan that is actually proud of winning such a rigged game?

Khri
Lakers were getting their *** kicked so the ref decided to take over.

More-Than-Most
It was wow.... Some of those calls were insanely bad lol. Keep it up refs I want Heat/Lakers...As long as James or Nash get a ring I am good to go

justinnum1
With kobe out for a year, i doubt they are happy right now.

NewEraFt.ET12
04-13-2013, 01:21 AM
It was obvious favoritism for the Lakers. Is anyone seriously surprised?

LayBraun
I'm not trying to start anything at all but when the free throw disparity is that large in such a meaningful game with the 8th seed on the line it's hard not to wonder.

OceanSpray

Even they know it's fake.. They have too much "pride" to admit it. Pretty sad that the league scooped that low and made it blatant. I've never seen a referee more excited to make a call on that play in which Jack stepped out of bounds. Ref literally was waiting for it.

broncosfan4eva
Not when you hackaplayer

championships
04-13-2013, 01:23 AM
Sounds like you didn't even watch the game.

championships
04-13-2013, 01:24 AM
You guys sound absolutely ridiculous..haha

LayBraun
04-13-2013, 01:24 AM
Not when you hackaplayer

How many came from the hack a Dwight tonight? I don't even know.

LakersIn5
04-13-2013, 01:25 AM
then stop fouling dwight every god damn possession!

OceanSpray
04-13-2013, 01:25 AM
Even if the LAL fouls were justified, GSW only had 16 and it was a competitive game from begin to end... NBA really wants them ratings

ThunderousDemon
04-13-2013, 01:26 AM
If the game is rigged, then why do you continue to watch NBA games?

If you truly believe the nonsense then close your account and never watch an NBA game again.

That would be logical thing to do, but you won't close it. Why is that?

All that complaining is only meant to irritate the fans of the team you think the league favors.

ThaDubs
04-13-2013, 01:27 AM
Lakers made 4 more free throws than FGs

LeperMessiah
04-13-2013, 01:27 AM
then stop fouling dwight every god damn possession!

Yet he went 13-16.

OceanSpray
04-13-2013, 01:28 AM
WWE is rigged too and a lot of people watch it. It's entertaining but let's be honest, that was a rigged game. NBA isn't always rigged but they really needed the LAL to get ratings.

ThaDubs
Even if the LAL fouls were justified, GSW only had 16 and it was a competitive game from begin to end... NBA really wants them ratings

The calls were ridiculous. Jim Barnett and Bob Fitzgerald are pretty non-biased and they were in utter disbelief.

LeperMessiah
This is pretty stupid

asandhu23
Even they know it's fake.. They have too much "pride" to admit it. Pretty sad that the league scooped that low and made it blatant. I've never seen a referee more excited to make a call on that play in which Jack stepped out of bounds. Ref literally was waiting for it.

Its not pride. Lakers' fans know the league favors them heavily. Its their dirty little secret.

LayBraun
I disagree. We watch the game because of our love for basketball. It would be a shame if the game was actually rigged but at the end of the day there isn't anything we can do about it.

Also, I like to think that what goes around comes around so maybe the torn Achilles is a message that the universe is sending the the league hierarchy IF anything fishy is going on.

ThaDubs
04-13-2013, 01:29 AM
Lakers lost.

ThunderousDemon
04-13-2013, 01:29 AM
It's always the usual suspects crying foul.

ThunderousDemon
04-13-2013, 01:30 AM
This is pretty stupid

Then don't watch.

ThunderousDemon
04-13-2013, 01:31 AM
WWE is rigged too and a lot of people watch it. It's entertaining but let's be honest, that was a rigged game. NBA isn't always rigged but they really needed the LAL to get ratings.

WWE is scripted.

You need to check the definition of rigged

ThaDubs
04-13-2013, 01:31 AM
The Lakers drove, the Warriors shot perimeter shots. It's the same story every time people claim rigged.

Not to mention half of those FTs went to Dwight and most were intentional fouls.

You didn't watch it. There were about 3-5 terrible calls in favor of Kobe, there was a terrible foul on David somewhere, there was a call where they tried to get our centers out the game so when MWP grabbed Festus's arm they called a foul on Festus, and then Steph ran into an illegal screen and they called a foul.

ThunderousDemon
04-13-2013, 01:32 AM
I disagree. We watch the game because of our love for basketball. It would be a shame if the game was actually rigged but at the end of the day there isn't anything we can do about it.

Also, I like to think that what goes around comes around so maybe the torn Achilles is a message that the universe is sending the the league hierarchy IF anything fishy is going on.

This thread was directed toward the people that think the NBA is rigged.

More-Than-Most
04-13-2013, 01:33 AM
Lol it was ridiculously obvious.... I loved the out of bounds call though...The ref acting like he was a lakers player :laugh:

ThaDubs
04-13-2013, 01:35 AM
Sounds like you didn't even watch the game.

Well I did. And let me tell you the calls on Ezeli and Curry were up there in horribleness. Not to mention all the calls where Kobe was untouched yet went to the line. We made 12 more FG's than you! But guess what? You shot 34 more FT's, and you made more FT's than FG's. Yup.

YOU MADE MORE FT's THAN FG's.

ThunderousDemon
04-13-2013, 01:36 AM
Great, now my thread was merged with the troll thread.

:laugh:

ThunderousDemon
04-13-2013, 01:37 AM
Well I did. And let me tell you the calls on Ezeli and Curry were up there in horribleness. Not to mention all the calls where Kobe was untouched yet went to the line. We made 12 more FG's than you! But guess what? You shot 34 more FT's, and you made more FT's than FG's. Yup.

YOU MADE MORE FT's THAN FG's.

If that is definitive proof for you then close your account, put on your tin foil hat, and never watch an NBA game again.

Simple as that.

Your complaining achieves nothing.

ThaDubs
04-13-2013, 01:37 AM
Just thought I'd share this little interesting fact about this totally non-biased/rigged game.
Lakers made 38 FT's and 34 FG's. But that's pretty easy when you get 50 of em right?

YouCan'tBeatLA
04-13-2013, 01:39 AM
That's not interesting at all... close your account.

ThaDubs
04-13-2013, 01:40 AM
If that is definitive proof then close your account, put on your tin foil hat and never watch and NBA game again.

Simple as that.

Your complaining achieves nothing.

And you explaining this does nothing. Why do people complain at all? I will continue to complain because my team just lost arguably the most critical game of the season to a team that won from the FT line.

ThaDubs
04-13-2013, 01:42 AM
That's not interesting at all... close your account.

I thought it was pretty cool. I'm not angry, this was a something I found legitimately interesting. I thought I would share it with the PSD community. If you don't think it's interesting then don't respond. Just my personal opinion.

More-Than-Most
04-13-2013, 01:42 AM
And you explaining this does nothing. Why do people complain at all? I will continue to complain because my team just lost arguably the most critical game of the season to a team that won from the FT line.

You have more of a case considering how rediculously obvious it was as well.

Kobe Falls over his feet=foul
Curry hit left and right=nothing
Blake brushed=Foul
Warrior goes out of bounds=Ref celebrates

ThunderousDemon
04-13-2013, 01:44 AM

If the league favors the Lakers over your team then what incentive do you have to continue to watch and follow any NBA game ever again.

More-Than-Most
04-13-2013, 01:45 AM
If the league favors the Lakers over your team then what incentive do you have to continue to watch and follow any NBA game ever again.

um its called being a fan of basketball and praying your team can overcome ****** officiating

ThaDubs
04-13-2013, 01:46 AM

Blake brushed=Foul

Curry runs into illegal screen by Howard=foul in Blake's favor
Ezeli grabbed by MWP=foul

championships
WWE is rigged too and a lot of people watch it. It's entertaining but let's be honest, that was a rigged game. NBA isn't always rigged but they really needed the LAL to get ratings.So I guess the NBA has no confidence in the Heat being able to bring in the ratings and have to depend on poor playing team who is struggling just to get in the playoffs.

Wow.. Lakers are that awesome!!

Cal827

Blake brushed=Foul

ThunderousDemon
04-13-2013, 01:47 AM

Cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it.

No point in watching a rigged league if the outcome of every game is lopsided.

Sadds The Gr8
04-13-2013, 01:47 AM
It doesn't shock me at all. This is why NBA reffing is the biggest joke of all sports.

ThunderousDemon
04-13-2013, 01:48 AM
um its called being a fan of basketball and praying your team can overcome ****** officiating

That's nonsensical.

championships
04-13-2013, 01:49 AM

You didn't watch it. There were about 3-5 terrible calls in favor of Kobe, there was a terrible foul on David somewhere, there was a call where they tried to get our centers out the game so when MWP grabbed Festus's arm they called a foul on Festus, and then Steph ran into an illegal screen and they called a foul.That's it? Really low number compared to other superstars in the league.

More-Than-Most
It doesn't shock me at all. This is why NBA reffing is the biggest joke of all sports.

Man just watch the out of bounds call :laugh:

I am in utter shock at how blatant it was.

ThunderousDemon

Of course it doesn't.

You're a raptors fan.

More-Than-Most
04-13-2013, 01:50 AM
I hope the lakers knock off the thunder though and shock the world. I want lakers/Heat for James or Nash to get a ring. To hell with everything else

Avenged
04-13-2013, 01:50 AM
illuminati.

More-Than-Most
04-13-2013, 01:51 AM
illuminati.

Lol come on AV.... Those calls at the end were soooooo bad man.

asandhu23
04-13-2013, 01:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MhmGyZ7KF0

Warriors' game is going to get added to this.

rocket
04-13-2013, 01:52 AM
Lol who cares? Lakers aren't a good team. They are going to get the 18th pick and get swept in the playoffs. And they just lost their heart and soul to the team.

ThunderousDemon
04-13-2013, 01:52 AM

Bad officiating then.

Why does it have to be a conspiracy just because it's the Lakers?

ThaDubs
04-13-2013, 01:53 AM
So I guess the NBA has no confidence in the Heat being able to bring in the ratings and have to depend on poor playing team who is struggling just to get in the playoffs.

Wow.. Lakers are that awesome!!

Didn't Stern say his favorite playoff matchup would be Lakers vs. Lakers?
And wasn't this your most important game of the season?
You shot 50 mother****ing FT's. You watched the game, correct? You saw all the ******** calls that went in Kobe's favor. He got touched and a foul was called for him. Festus was grabbed and a foul was called on him. Steph ran into an illegal screen and a foul was called on him. You saw all of that, right? And you're going to sit here and tell me the refs were not favoring a team? Arguably the most popular team in basketball, who are making a last second push to make the playoffs?

I knew coming in that the refs would probably be bad but I'm just disappointed and I had no idea a ref could be this bad. Explain why the ref celebrated when Jarret "stepped out"?

championships
04-13-2013, 01:53 AM
Atleast I know if Bron wins his second, it was rigged.

Cause that's what the NBA does

More-Than-Most
04-13-2013, 01:54 AM
Bad officiating then.

Why does it have to be a conspiracy just because it's the Lakers?

Because of how seriously bad some of those calls were is why. I mean wow.

ThunderousDemon
04-13-2013, 01:57 AM
Because of how seriously bad some of those calls were is why. I mean wow.

Isn't that what I just said?

Sadds The Gr8
Man just watch the out of bounds call :laugh:

I am in utter shock at how blatant it was.
loooooooooool

Of course it doesn't.

You're a raptors fan.

does this even make sense? wtf do the Raptors have to do with anything?

NewEraFt.ET12
Bad officiating? These guys are professional refs that have been reffing games for years. That was one of the worst officiated games I have seen all season.. please stop lying to yourselves. OPEN YOUR EYES!

ThunderousDemon
04-13-2013, 01:59 AM
loooooooooool

does this even make sense? wtf do the Raptors have to do with anything?

The raptors wouldn't be favored by the league over the lakers or heat if the league were rigged.

championships
04-13-2013, 02:00 AM
NBA rigged the Lakers to 8th place.. Gee thanks

ThaDubs
04-13-2013, 02:01 AM
Bad officiating? These guys are professional refs that have been reffing games for years. That was one of the worst officiated games I have seen all season.. please stop lying to yourselves. OPEN YOUR EYES!

This^^^^^^^^

If you called this a legit game with no favoring by refs then you are a Lakers fan or mentally disabled. But then again nowadays it seems as though most Lakers fans fall into that category as it is.

Sadds The Gr8
The raptors wouldn't be favored by the league over the lakers or heat if the league were rigged.

and they never have been..................

ThunderousDemon

:laugh2:

David stern and the Illuminati really pulled through for us this time.

NewEraFt.ET12
04-13-2013, 02:02 AM

Whatever brings in the most money.. simple cost-benefit analysis.

VicTheWizard
04-13-2013, 02:03 AM
Well with Kobe out for the season, there's no no need for david stern to want the lakers in the playoffs anymore, he'll tell the refs to start calling the games fairly now.

Avenged
04-13-2013, 02:03 AM

illuminati, I'm telling you. They have another plan for the Lakers.

More-Than-Most
04-13-2013, 02:05 AM
illuminati, I'm telling you. They have another plan for the Lakers.

Hopefully they keep it up. Nash needs a ring. Not Joking. If anyone deserves a ring Nash does.

championships
04-13-2013, 02:06 AM
So let me get this straight.

Many of you have said that the Lakers will get swept in the 1st round.

Now you want to say the NBA is rigging the Laker games to get them in for ratings

Well. Not sure how much ratings a sweep will give The NBA.

ThunderousDemon
04-13-2013, 02:06 AM
and they never have been..................

From a business standpoint and an entertainment standpoint.

Not just the league,but almost everyone else.

But to think that Stern talks to the refs before the game starts and tells them to do his bidding is just hogwash.

ChiTownPacerFan
04-13-2013, 02:07 AM
Some of you are so stupid it hurts!

Nobody is saying that the league is predetermined, or that the players don't have a say in the outcome of games. Nor are we saying that there's an illuminati group running the NBA. All we're saying is that the league has a vested interest in certain teams making the playoffs. When the Lakers need a win to get them into the playoffs, the refs are instructed to call the game in a way that will benefit the Lakers. If you didn't see that happening tonight, you're blind, in denial, or an idiot.

rocket
04-13-2013, 02:08 AM
So let me get this straight.

Many of you have said that the Lakers will get swept in the 1st round.

Now you want to say the NBA is rigging the Laker games to get them in for ratings

Well. Not sure how much ratings a sweep will give The NBA.

WITH THE LAKERS IN AS THE 8TH SEED THE RATINGS WILL GO UP! Who would you rather watch the Jazz or the Lakers. Yeah they are going to get swept because you can't rig a game that much to the point of the Lakers winning vs the Spurs.

ThunderousDemon
Whatever brings in the most money.. simple cost-benefit analysis.

Lakers vs Heat finals!!!

OH MY GOD, WE ARE GOING TO THE FINALS!!! :speechless:

Fellow lakers fans, we are going to the finals!!!

Yeah BUDDY!!!! :hi5:

:dance:

In stern we trust.

LayBraun
illuminati.

Was literally about to write the same thing haha

championships
04-13-2013, 02:16 AM
I'm glad a Lakers win gets some people here so upset and ruins there night.

That's far better than any amount of trolling that I can do.
LAKERS!!!! BABY

cbs9889
04-13-2013, 02:17 AM
GSW had a wide open shot to win the game and missed it who cares what the refs called if you have a chance to win it and you're wide open hit the shot or don't b*#@%

Teeboy1487
04-13-2013, 02:18 AM
I don't give a damn. I would trade all 50 of those FTs for Kobe's health. It's one ****ing game and GSW is still in the playoffs no matter what. However, losing Kobe for possibly 2 years pretty much screws us for the next 5 years. The worst thing about this, this is probably the last we have seen of Elite Kobe.

tredigs
04-13-2013, 02:23 AM
My response in the other thread to the Suns fan who is positive this game was fixed for the Lakers. And yes I'm a W's fan.

"You're assuming that it's the Lakers and Stern, and not the potential that it is just scared (human) refs who are bowing under the pressure of the Lakers and simply making the call that has them hear the less gaff. Really, the FT advantage tonight SHOULD have been in the Lakers favor by a fairly decent margin (~15-20), and the rest can potentially be chalked up to a very bad version of your standard home-court advantage reffing that you get in all arenas in every league of every country in the world every year in every sport.

All that said, yes it's possible that Stern is indeed instructing them to lean Lakers in all possible scenarios. Though I kind of doubt it, and it would still make you a dip **** for wishing season ending injury on Kobe. This is the guy who's own management doesn't even involve him in trade talks."

ThunderousDemon
04-13-2013, 02:26 AM
We going to the finals.:dance2:

We going to the finals. :dance2:

John Walls Era
04-13-2013, 02:32 AM

If they win the championship, I would love to hear from Kobe and the Kobetards.

John Walls Era
04-13-2013, 02:34 AM

If you truly believe the nonsense then close your account and never watch an NBA game again.

All that complaining is only meant to irritate the fans of the team you think the league favors.
I'm playing Devil's advocate, but its not like the NBA tells us what the scores are. Close games are still exciting. I'm all for rigging if I can make some money betting on it.

NoahH
04-13-2013, 02:34 AM
Well I'd take shooting less FTs instead of losing my star player anyday.

John Walls Era
04-13-2013, 02:36 AM
Not implying theres rigging (dont care anyways) but heres FT Attempts the last 20 games:

Game 1: (tonight) Lakers - 50, Opponent, 16
Game 2: Lakers - 24, Opponent - 20
Game 3: Lakers - 22, Opponent - 18
Game 4: Lakers - 30, Opponent - 21
Game 5: Lakers - 18, Opponent - 7
Game 6: Lakers - 33, Opponent - 12
Game 7: Lakers - 26, Opponent - 16
Game 8: Lakers - 39, Opponent - 22
Game 9: Lakers - 38, Opponent - 30
Game 10: Lakers - 36, Opponent - 19
Game 11: Lakers - 17, Opponent - 16
Game 12: Lakers - 16, Opponent -15
Game 13: Lakers - 29, Opponent - 8
Game 14: Lakers - 30, Opponent - 9
Game 15: Lakers - 16, Opponent - 21 (Hawks game)
Game 16: Lakers - 47, Opponent - 17
Game 17: Lakers - 14, Opponent - 12
Game 18: Lakers - 36, Opponent - 16
Game 19: Lakers - 39, Opponent - 20
Game 20: Lakers - 40, Opponent - 24

SMH!
04-13-2013, 02:37 AM
of course its the lakers

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-13-2013, 02:48 AM
Not implying theres rigging (dont care anyways) but heres FT Attempts the last 20 games:

I agree. Hack a Howard should be illegal and he should not get that many free throws. I would rather the Lakers take the ball out of bounds every time. I would much rather have the other teams lead in FT'S than let Dwight screw us over and over. Stern needs to jump in and help us by not letting Dwight shoot all those free throws now!

tredigs
04-13-2013, 02:49 AM

I've seen a lot of these games and find myself shaking my head a bit, but they do have 2 guys on the squad playing in the last 20 games who are generally among the league leaders in FTA's. Especially Dwight who is generally 1st or 2nd in attempts. Obviously not a Laker thing.

The fouls tonight were some weak officiating, and ironically the worst one was marked by the end of Kobe's season and the potential end of the Lakers as we know them for a few years. All in all it was a great game with two huge black eyes.

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-13-2013, 02:50 AM
Dwight shot almost half of the Lakers free throws. If you think that is the league helping the Lakers then you are all as dumb as your post would indicate.

sunsfan88
04-13-2013, 02:53 AM
I'll admit, I am a big time Laker hater. I have hated them and the Spurs since I started watching basketball.

However, I'll put all that aside for this one post. How is the fact that the Lakers are being given 50-50 calls every single time fair to the Jazz? Sure you can tell me that the NBA will be more entertaining with the LAL in the playoffs and will be better for ratings etc, but how the hell is all that fair to the Jazz?

The Jazz have dealt with their own injuries and have won games without getting treatment from the refs like the LAL. They have fought through this season and deserve the playoffs. They should be sitting 2 games ahead of the Lakers right now (for the Minny and now GSW games the Lakers won) instead they aren't even in the playoff picture currently.

If nobody cares about the Jazz so much and only care about the Lakers making the playoffs, what's the point of these last 3 games? Why not just automatically give the LAL the playoff spot and end the regular season already?

John Walls Era
04-13-2013, 02:55 AM
Lifes unfair.

Meanwhile everyone can bet on the Lakers ML the next 3 games. Its a unjustice by itself to not take advantage.

ThaDubs
04-13-2013, 03:04 AM
Dwight shot almost half of the Lakers free throws. If you think that is the league helping the Lakers then you are all as dumb as your post would indicate.

If you watched this game and think that all of those FT's were deserved, you're better off in a mental hospital.

ThaDubs
04-13-2013, 03:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pq7u5xdSxVg#

Bowman53
04-13-2013, 03:23 AM
There was not a chance in hell the refs were going to let the Warriors win this game.

In the second quarter in a out of bounds play before the ball was inbounded. Artest held and grabbed Curry for a good four or five seconds right in front of the refs face and what does he get? A warning, not a foul. That says it all.

WITZ
04-13-2013, 03:38 AM

Agreed hack a Howard is inflating the Free throw disparity, Not all calls are legit but don't most teams get these BS calls anyway.

zn23
04-13-2013, 03:50 AM

If it weren't for referee assistance the Lakers probably would have about 20 less wins. They are lucky to be in the 8th spot.

zn23
04-13-2013, 03:52 AM
Some of you are so stupid it hurts!

Nobody is saying that the league is predetermined, or that the players don't have a say in the outcome of games. Nor are we saying that there's an illuminati group running the NBA. All we're saying is that the league has a vested interest in certain teams making the playoffs. When the Lakers need a win to get them into the playoffs, the refs are instructed to call the game in a way that will benefit the Lakers. If you didn't see that happening tonight, you're blind, in denial, or an idiot.

Thank god someone gets it.

LAKERMANIA
04-13-2013, 03:52 AM
As a Laker fan, I can assure you, the way this game turned out is the very last thing I'm thinking about right now.

LakersIn5
04-13-2013, 03:56 AM
oh noez! the nba is rigged! awarding the lakers with 8th seed.

powe having more FTs than the entire laker squad in 08 finals game 2. talk about favoritism.

ChiTownPacerFan
04-13-2013, 04:17 AM
Posted these somewhere else but thought they were relevant to this discussion.

"Just want to say that since January 25th, the Lakers opponent has attempted more free throws in exactly 2 games (the Nets took one more free throw, and the Hawks took a few more the night after the Orlando hack a Howard to death game). That's a 35-2 run in terms of free throw attempts. They were 18-25 back then, and they're 25-12 since. I know there's a lot more to it, but those numbers are eye-popping (and it's not all Dwight, in fact, in many of those games the Lakers shot significantly more free throws if you take away all of Dwight's attempts)."

"The Lakers are #1 in free throws attempted, and #2 in fewest free throws allowed. Pretty weird considering they have been an atrocious defensive team."

"It's not just how many free throws Howard shoots. It's not just how many free throws the Lakers shoot. It's how rarely they get called for fouls too.

Look at Howard's game log. It's only about 50 percent of the time that teams really resort to the hack a Howard strategy. And yet, they still shoot more free throws every night.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelo.../dwight-howard"

bklynny67
04-13-2013, 04:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MhmGyZ7KF0

Warriors' game is going to get added to this.

Wow.. this is amazing. If people don't think they are trying hard for the Lakers to be in the playoffs, you're f*ckin blind.

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-13-2013, 04:27 AM

"Just want to say that since January 25th, the Lakers opponent has attempted more free throws in exactly 2 games (the Nets took one more free throw, and the Hawks took a few more the night after the Orlando hack a Howard to death game). That's a 35-2 run in terms of free throw attempts. They were 18-25 back then, and they're 25-12 since. I know there's a lot more to it, but those numbers are eye-popping (and it's not all Dwight, in fact, in many of those games the Lakers shot significantly more free throws if you take away all of Dwight's attempts)."

"The Lakers are #1 in free throws attempted, and #2 in fewest free throws allowed. Pretty weird considering they have been an atrocious defensive team."

"It's not just how many free throws Howard shoots. It's not just how many free throws the Lakers shoot. It's how rarely they get called for fouls too.

Look at Howard's game log. It's only about 50 percent of the time that teams really resort to the hack a Howard strategy. And yet, they still shoot more free throws every night.

So you admit that the Lakers dont play any defense and still want them to be called for fouls? How would that work out? They already give up the 19th worst defensive eff in the league. So your saying that those teams are scoring at will even with the Lakers hacking them? Come on dude, USE your head. If they had some of the best defenisive numbers in the league and were not called for fouls I could see someone complaining. But since they dont care enough to get close to anyone should tell you that they dont foul since opposing teams score at will.

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-13-2013, 04:28 AM
If you watched this game and think that all of those FT's were deserved, you're better off in a mental hospital.

Didnt watch the whole game. I have it recorded. Just saw the last 8 minutes.

zn23
04-13-2013, 04:32 AM
oh noez! the nba is rigged! awarding the lakers with 8th seed.

powe having more FTs than the entire laker squad in 08 finals game 2. talk about favoritism.

The refs can only do so much. They helped carry the Lakers to the 8th spot. If the Lakers played any defense they could have gotten to the first or 2nd spot. But the refs helped compensate for that. The Lakers would be way out of the playoffs if they got treatment, or lack of treatment, like lower market teams.

excellent post. The biggest problem is not so much the FT's IMO, which are bad but nonetheless. But it's the fact that the the opposing team doesn't get the same foul calls and it's so blatant too. Being #2 in FT's allowed should raise some eyebrows considering how awful their defense has been, and it's been awful.

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-13-2013, 04:36 AM
The Lakers are the second worst free throw shooting team in the league. Over 80 games of proof that show the Lakers going to the line is a BAD thing! If the Refs were trying to help, why would they keep sending them to the worst case scenario? Take your tin foil hats off.

junion
04-13-2013, 04:39 AM
Best referee celebration

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdMMYz0fKpI

ChiTownPacerFan
04-13-2013, 04:40 AM
So you admit that the Lakers dont play any defense and still want them to be called for fouls? How would that work out? They already give up the 19th worst defensive eff in the league. So your saying that those teams are scoring at will even with the Lakers hacking them? Come on dude, USE your head. If they had some of the best defenisive numbers in the league and were not called for fouls I could see someone complaining. But since they dont care enough to get close to anyone should tell you that they dont foul since opposing teams score at will.

I understand the point you're making, but usually good defensive teams are good at not fouling (teams like Memphis, Indiana, and San Antonio don't allow many free throw attempts), and bad defensive teams usually have to resort to fouling (especially teams that have shoddy perimeter defenses like the Lakers). When you have guys like Kobe, Blake, and Nash who get beat off the dribble all the time, that should lead to a lot of trips to the line, but for some reason, it hasn't. That was my point.

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-13-2013, 04:47 AM
I understand the point you're making, but usually good defensive teams are good at not fouling (teams like Memphis, Indiana, and San Antonio don't allow many free throw attempts), and bad defensive teams usually have to resort to fouling (especially teams that have shoddy perimeter defenses like the Lakers). When you have guys like Kobe, Blake, and Nash who get beat off the dribble all the time, that should lead to a lot of trips to the line, but for some reason, it hasn't. That was my point.

The Spurs dont foul because they dont go for dumb steals and try to cause turnovers. The Lakers dont cause turnovers either. They dont reach for steals because they are so afraid to push up on players because they would get blown by. kobe backs 10 feet off of everyone he guards begging them to shoot jumpers. Dwight is always in foul trouble and that is understandable because he always has to challenge guys getting blow bys. But Kobe, Nash, Meeks and Blake dont even attemp to play close defense and instead try to funnel guys to Dwight. You dont pick up all those ticky tack touch, reach, hand fouls when you play like these guys do. That is why their defense is so bad and they are not called for a lot of fouls.

ChiTownPacerFan
04-13-2013, 04:49 AM
The Lakers are the second worst free throw shooting team in the league. Over 80 games of proof that show the Lakers going to the line is a BAD thing! If the Refs were trying to help, why would they keep sending them to the worst case scenario? Take your tin foil hats off.

I'm pretty sure you're dead wrong. The Lakers shoot 70 percent or so from the free throw line. That means two free throws is good for approximately 1.4 points on average, or 140 points per 100 possessions. The best offensive team in the NBA, the heat, score about 110 points per 100 possessions. Even at that low free throw percentage, going to the line is far from the "worst case scenario". I'm pretty sure the Lakers would like to go to the line every single play if they could.

ChiTownPacerFan
04-13-2013, 04:57 AM
The Spurs dont foul because they dont go for dumb steals and try to cause turnovers. The Lakers dont cause turnovers either. They dont reach for steals because they are so afraid to push up on players because they would get blown by. kobe backs 10 feet off of everyone he guards begging them to shoot jumpers. Dwight is always in foul trouble and that is understandable because he always has to challenge guys getting blow bys. But Kobe, Nash, Meeks and Blake dont even attemp to play close defense and instead try to funnel guys to Dwight. You dont pick up all those ticky tack touch, reach, hand fouls when you play like these guys do. That is why their defense is so bad and they are not called for a lot of fouls.

The Spurs are right smack dead in the middle of the league in terms of causing turnovers. They don't foul because they are a good, well disciplined defensive team. I don't really see why it makes a difference that the Lakers don't gamble for steals. It's not ticky tack fouls on the perimeter that lead to free throws. Plus, I understand that the Lakers often force teams to shoot jumpers, but it doesn't matter how far you sag off of a guy, good NBA players can still get to the hoop, and the Lakers simply haven't been getting called for fouls in those situations.

Monta is beast
04-13-2013, 05:10 AM
To be honest would you expect anything else? If this was a fairly officiated game the Warriors win by 10+ easily. Lakers fans talking all this **** bout if you don't like it, don't watch it. Alright so because your team is to sorry to win a game on it's own, I'm supposed to not watch my team? Na see that's something a Laker fan would do, not a real ****in fan bruh

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-13-2013, 05:13 AM
I'm pretty sure you're dead wrong. The Lakers shoot 70 percent or so from the free throw line. That means two free throws is good for approximately 1.4 points on average, or 140 points per 100 possessions. The best offensive team in the NBA, the heat, score about 110 points per 100 possessions. Even at that low free throw percentage, going to the line is far from the "worst case scenario". I'm pretty sure the Lakers would like to go to the line every single play if they could.

You are right I was wrong. The Lakers are actually the worst free throw shooting team in the league, not the second worst as I suggested

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/offense-per-game/sort/freeThrowPct

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-13-2013, 05:20 AM
To be honest would you expect anything else? If this was a fairly officiated game the Warriors win by 10+ easily. Lakers fans talking all this **** bout if you don't like it, don't watch it. Alright so because your team is to sorry to win a game on it's own, I'm supposed to not watch my team? Na see that's something a Laker fan would do, not a real ****in fan bruh

Bro, 3-1 Lakers for the season series. And the Warriors are only 2 games better than a team who has had the most adversity and injuries of any team in the league. Lakers have played far better than the Warriors for the past 3 months. What the f$$k are you thinking saying the Warriors would win by 10? Lakers are the better team. Warriors are too mushy in the middle to play with the Lakers

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-13-2013, 05:21 AM
The Spurs are right smack dead in the middle of the league in terms of causing turnovers. They don't foul because they are a good, well disciplined defensive team. I don't really see why it makes a difference that the Lakers don't gamble for steals. It's not ticky tack fouls on the perimeter that lead to free throws. Plus, I understand that the Lakers often force teams to shoot jumpers, but it doesn't matter how far you sag off of a guy, good NBA players can still get to the hoop, and the Lakers simply haven't been getting called for fouls in those situations.

It is the ticky tack fouls on the perimeter that get teams in the bonus and on the line. Not all fouls are shooting fouls.

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-13-2013, 05:27 AM
Its all relative to Dwight and it does not have to do with the Lakers.

The last two years the Lakers won a ring they were ranked 8th and 17th in free throw attempts.

But you can look at the link below and see that the Magic were always top 10 in free throw attempts and usually top 5. And that was while playing 4 out 1 in and shooting 3 after 3. Teams hack Dwight rather than give him easy dunks. Its easy to call out the Lakers because they always win or get to the finals. But you guys got to start thinking outside the box.

Add all that to the fact of the Lakers pace and you can see why there ft's per game are so high.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/offense-per-game/sort/avgFreeThrowsAttempted/year/2010

amos1er
04-13-2013, 05:30 AM
To the mongoloid who started this thread...really bro???!!! On the day that Kobe tears his achilles??? Truly classless. :pity:

#Hater
#Scumbag
#HumanGarbage

MyDRoseLikeDeng
04-13-2013, 05:51 AM
As an unbiased spectator of this game tonight, I must say the free throw disparity doesn't tell the whole story of this game. However, a couple very questionable calls were made at the end of the game, most noticeably the call on Curry fouling Blake..

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-13-2013, 06:00 AM

You forgot to mention other crappy defensive teams are some of the best in the league at not fouling like Rockets, Bobcats, Wolves, Nets, and Raptors. All those teams are in the bottom half of the league of defensive eff. but are in the top 10 of not fouling. Scroll down to MISC stats.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2013.html

amos1er
04-13-2013, 06:01 AM
LMAO @ the OP for saying most rigged game in NBA history. Perhaps you need to brush up on your history and go review game 5 of the 2006 NBA finals. Or the Boston/Heat ECF last year. I'm sure nothing compares to that. Or perhaps I should just tell you what you all have been telling me the past 10 years when I have complained about the countless FT disparities that have been against the Lakers...DON'T WATCH!!!

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-13-2013, 06:01 AM

Actually, the Spurs are ranked 22nd in creating turnovers per 100 possesions. Where are you getting your bogus info from? Or are you trying to use actual per game averages and neglecting pace to help support your argument?
http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2013.html

ThaDubs
04-13-2013, 12:07 PM
Bro, 3-1 Lakers for the season series. And the Warriors are only 2 games better than a team who has had the most adversity and injuries of any team in the league. Lakers have played far better than the Warriors for the past 3 months. What the f$$k are you thinking saying the Warriors would win by 10? Lakers are the better team. Warriors are too mushy in the middle to play with the Lakers

This is one of the funniest post I've seen in a while. I thought Mark Jackson told you guys that we are the better team and you are in the rear view mirror. Your ****** team can't even get to the 8th seed without help from the refs. We are about three times as deep as you. Season series should be tied and you know that. Warriors whooped you hard last night but that game was 5-8 all night. You are a dunce.

zn23
04-13-2013, 12:21 PM
To the mongoloid who started this thread...really bro???!!! On the day that Kobe tears his achilles??? Truly classless. :pity:

#Hater
#Scumbag
#HumanGarbage

Let's hope the injury doesn't blind people from how horrible the officiating was.

LAKERMANIA
04-13-2013, 12:23 PM
Let's hope the injury doesn't blind people from how horrible the officiating was.
We won, GS lost. Get over it.

TyrionLannister
04-13-2013, 12:27 PM
Suns vs Sonics 1993 Game 7 Western Conference Finals.

Suns shot sixty-four free throws.

ThaDubs
04-13-2013, 12:34 PM
We won, GS lost. Get over it.

Warriors didn't lose lol you got outplayed and you know it. Anybody with eyes can see that. We made 12 more field goals than you.

LAKERMANIA
04-13-2013, 12:35 PM
Warriors didn't lose lol you got outplayed and you know it. Anybody with eyes can see that. We made 12 more field goals than you.

The game is over. And we won. Just because you have 12 more field goals made doesn't mean you "outplayed us"

Enemey
04-13-2013, 12:49 PM
i'm glad a lakers win gets some people here so upset and ruins there night.

That's far better than any amount of trolling that i can do.
Lakers!!!! Baby

lmao.:laugh:

iam brett favre
04-13-2013, 12:52 PM

I hope not. It was disgraceful.

cg_la00
04-13-2013, 12:53 PM
lakers were more aggressive in the paint and driving while GS shot jumpers or blew past our defenders for lay ups so no i didnt see it as rigged but you know i doubt us laker fans care what GS fans think right now with our best player out for the rest of this season and most of next season -___-

tredigs
04-13-2013, 12:58 PM
The game is over. And we won. Just because you have 12 more field goals made doesn't mean you "outplayed us"

You effectively lost Kobe, Pau (if they don't trade him they have 80+ million in luxury taxes for a team that can't win anything), the first round (if they get there) and possibly Dwight (not sure if this is good or bad) in the same night. Not to mention, it seems that every objective fan agrees the calls were a laughing stock. This without Bogut, who completely alters the Lakers bigs ability to roam free (which is why we won with him the 1 time he played).

The Lakers lost. By as big as you can lose a game. The outcome of this particular game is more than secondary.

LAKERMANIA
04-13-2013, 01:01 PM
You effectively lost Kobe, Pau (if they don't trade him they have 80+ million in luxury taxes for a team that can't win anything), the first round (if they get there) and possibly Dwight (not sure if this is good or bad) in the same night. Not to mention, it seems that every objective fan agrees the calls were a laughing stock. This without Bogut, who completely alters the Lakers bigs ability to roam free (which is why we won with him the 1 time he played).

The Lakers lost. By as big as you can lose a game. The outcome of this particular game is more than secondary.

Oh you know every single objective fan and asked them what they thought of the game?

And just because popular opinion says one thing doesn't mean it's automatically true. That's a logical fallacy.

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-13-2013, 01:04 PM
This is one of the funniest post I've seen in a while. I thought Mark Jackson told you guys that we are the better team and you are in the rear view mirror. Your ****** team can't even get to the 8th seed without help from the refs. We are about three times as deep as you. Season series should be tied and you know that. Warriors whooped you hard last night but that game was 5-8 all night. You are a dunce.

3-1 and all games seemed pretty easy. :shrug: Warriors might drop down to the 8 spot after having one of their better years in recent memory. lol

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-13-2013, 01:06 PM

I dont understand why you guys would be so upset over one loss? You guys would get swept in the first round and dont stand a chance just like the Lakers.

tredigs
04-13-2013, 01:13 PM
Oh you know every single objective fan and asked them what they thought of the game?

And just because popular opinion says one thing doesn't mean it's automatically true. That's a logical fallacy.

You're right, I should say "the overwhelming uproar of laughter/anger/confusion that resulted from watching the clear disparity in the way the game was managed by the refs for the two teams".

When you see Kobe fall over and rupture his achilles with no contact called on Barnes, or Dwight making an illegal screen on the Perimeter called as a foul on Curry (for Blake?), the reffing has essentially become a parody of itself. There was not a single call in the game gifted to GSW, and plenty that they could/should have called that simply went unnoticed. I don't think it was rigged, but if you can't laugh at the way it was officiated as a Laker fan, then you effectively have no credibility.

Regardless, my point stands - you guys lost that game by as big as you can lose a basketball game. Warriors/Jazz/outside fans may have been initially been fuming at the absurd foul calls for LA and lack there of for GS, but they did not go to bed crying like Laker fans.

LAKERMANIA
04-13-2013, 01:14 PM
You're right, I should say "the overwhelming uproar of laughter/anger/confusion that resulted from watching the clear disparity in the way the game was managed by the refs for the two teams".

When you see Kobe fall over and rupture his achilles with no contact called on Barnes, or Dwight making an illegal screen on the Perimeter called as a foul on Curry (for Blake?), the reffing has essentially become a parody of itself. There was not a single call in the game gifted to GSW, and plenty that they could/should have called that simply went unnoticed. I don't think it was rigged, but if you can't laugh at the way it was officiated as a Laker fan, then you effectively have no credibility.

Regardless, my point stands - you guys lost that game by as big as you can lose a basketball game. Warriors/Jazz/outside fans may have been initially been fuming at the absurd foul calls for LA and lack there of for GS, but they did not go to bed crying like Laker fans.

All GS had to do to win the game was make a mid-range jump shot. That's not the Lakers problem. (He was WIDE OPEN too)

flea
04-13-2013, 01:16 PM
Everyone knows the NBA is rigged unless they're in denial. It's the WWE with shoe salesmen.

PatsSoxKnicks
04-13-2013, 01:19 PM
LMAO @ the OP for saying most rigged game in NBA history. Perhaps you need to brush up on your history and go review game 5 of the 2006 NBA finals. Or the Boston/Heat ECF last year. I'm sure nothing compares to that. Or perhaps I should just tell you what you all have been telling me the past 10 years when I have complained about the countless FT disparities that have been against the Lakers...DON'T WATCH!!!

I was waiting for your hypocrisy to appear in this thread. So according to you- the Heat get all the calls and its rigged in their favor while Stern hates the Lakers and anytime theres any hint of rigging in favor of the Lakers, everyone is a hater and classless. What an ironic position considering you're a Lakers fan. Oh wait, nothing ironic about that at all. Makes perfect sense. Have you ever tried saying anything negative about the Lakers or positive about the Heat? Just curious. Actually, I'm not. The answer is no.

Oh and then there's this that Stern once said:

Stern once declared that his fantasy NBA Finals would be the Lakers vs. the Lakers, and no one laughed in San Antonio because they understood Stern was stone-cold serious.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--david-stern-stumbles-again-in-his-failed-culture-war-against-the-spurs-194828970.html

But no Stern only favors the Heat but not the Lakers. Never mind the fact that he said his dream finals is to include the Lakers from both sides.

I'm sure you'll mention how they rejected the CP3 trade but that was rejected by the owners (specifically the small market owners). And considering the owners pay his check and they were just coming off a lockout.

Anyways, was looking forward to seeing your blatant homerism towards the Lakers.

In regards to this thread, I honestly have no idea if the game was rigged. It wouldn't surprise me because I'm a 100% positive that the Lakers in the playoffs is good for business. But at the same time, I didn't watch the game and I'm not blinded by my hatred for a particular player/team that I cry "rigged" every time such player wins.

tredigs
04-13-2013, 01:19 PM
I dont understand why you guys would be so upset over one loss? You guys would get swept in the first round and dont stand a chance just like the Lakers.

I could care less about the loss, but the Jazz fans have reason to be furious.

Also, I am not sure anyone on the Warriors is scared of the 1st round. At the very least, it's hugely valuable playoff experience for a young/growing squad (as opposed to the inevitable death of this Lakers team as it is currently constructed). Plus, the last time they were in the playoffs they did make it out of the 1st round by dismantling the #1 seed. Same crowd to help propel them to do it again, only this time they actually have a legit center and the best shooting back-court you will ever find.

It will be a fun series for this young upstart team. And again, my condolences for your losses.

tredigs
04-13-2013, 01:31 PM
All GS had to do to win the game was make a mid-range jump shot. That's not the Lakers problem. (He was WIDE OPEN too)

Well he was playing the Lakers, of course he was wide open. And yes he will make that 6 times out of 10, but it's faulty logic to dismiss the fact that there's no reason why he should be put in that situation in the first place.

Anyway - to reiterate - I don't think it was rigged and I am not upset with losing that game. What I'm concerned with is the leagues credibility and the fact that these refs at the very least bent to the crowd pressure to the point where the calls were cringe worthy. I can't stand when people whine about reffing and I can't stand even more when they give people no choice. I personally would be pissed if my team won like that, I'm a basketball fan first and these are the type of games that turn people away from a sport.

Fool
04-13-2013, 01:35 PM
Let me guess, you didn't watch the game but you follow Bill Simmons on Twitter?

When will people learn that difference in free-throws numbers generally doesn't mean **** about the referees.

LAKERMANIA
04-13-2013, 01:38 PM
Well he was playing the Lakers, of course he was wide open. And yes he will make that 6 times out of 10, but it's faulty logic to dismiss the fact that there's no reason why he should be put in that situation in the first place.

Anyway - to reiterate - I don't think it was rigged and I am not upset with losing that game. What I'm concerned with is the leagues credibility and the fact that these refs at the very least bent to the crowd pressure to the point where the calls were cringe worthy. I can't stand when people whine about reffing and I can't stand even more when they give people no choice. I personally would be pissed if my team won like that, I'm a basketball fan first and these are the type of games that turn people away from a sport.

To be honest, I'm happy we won and all, but not at the expense of Kobe. I wrote in another thread that the outcome of this game was the last thing I cared about after he went down.

Also, I get upset with the refs officiating sometimes too, but GS is ahead in the standings, they're a lock to make the playoffs, we aren't.. Cut us some slack.

MrfadeawayJB
04-13-2013, 01:52 PM
clearly rigged

sunsfan88
04-13-2013, 01:53 PM
It's not about cutting the Lakers some slack, it's about the Jazz and how they are getting screwed.

They should have had the #8 seed locked up by now instead their likely not even to make it.

tredigs
04-13-2013, 01:57 PM
To be honest, I'm happy we won and all, but not at the expense of Kobe. I wrote in another thread that the outcome of this game was the last thing I cared about after he went down.

Also, I get upset with the refs officiating sometimes too, but GS is ahead in the standings, they're a lock to make the playoffs, we aren't.. Cut us some slack.

"Cutting slack" to the team who makes the playoffs virtually every year and has the highest payroll in the NBA will not garner you much sympathy in this situation. Especially when that slack effects the entire WC playoff picture.

But I'm moving on - GL going forward and I very much wish the best for KB. Step 1 for LA needs to be removing D'Antoni.

DoMeFavors
04-13-2013, 01:59 PM
would have love to have seen the refs face is Currys 3 ball went in, but they would probably review it and call it late

enitialdee
04-13-2013, 02:07 PM
Don't see why lakers fan don't understand this, lakers get favoritism from refs, cause Lakers in the playoff, is $$$$$ and rating, even if they're the 8th seed. Yeah, It's pretty mess up deal for the Jazz, but who really cares bout the Jazz, besides a handful of Mormons..

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-13-2013, 02:30 PM
Don't see why lakers fan don't understand this, lakers get favoritism from refs, cause Lakers in the playoff, is $$$$$ and rating, even if they're the 8th seed. Yeah, It's pretty mess up deal for the Jazz, but who really cares bout the Jazz, besides a handful of Mormons..

You do know that the league signed a contract and dont get an extra dollar if the Lakers are in right? Lets say they have a billion dollar tv deal. They will recieve 1 billion dollars no matter what. They wont get less for crappy ratings, and they wont get a red cent more for better ratings.

SouthSideRookie
04-13-2013, 02:37 PM

because they are a young team that is on the up. The playoffs for such team would do wonders in terms of learning what it takes to get to the next level plus gain experience in the process. Houston is on the same boat.

Everyone knows the NBA is rigged unless they're in denial. It's the WWE with shoe salesmen.
http://i.imgur.com/9iZT6.gif

Let me guess, you didn't watch the game but you follow Bill Simmons on Twitter?

When will people learn that difference in free-throws numbers generally doesn't mean **** about the referees.
http://youtu.be/fQBBkKcdRtY
http://youtu.be/GRumli2qLqg

would have love to have seen the refs face is Currys 3 ball went in, but they would probably review it and call it late
http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/93924391099439.gif

LAKERMANIA
04-13-2013, 03:04 PM
But I'm moving on - GL going forward and I very much wish the best for KB. Step 1 for LA needs to be removing D'Antoni.

Agreed

Hardaway Here
04-13-2013, 03:08 PM
Sad only Laker fans believe this game wasn't rigged for them. Well have to say karma is playing a role for what happened to kobe for how the league screwed the warriors out of this win and is screwing the jazz out of a playoff spot.

enitialdee
04-13-2013, 03:08 PM
You do know that the league signed a contract and dont get an extra dollar if the Lakers are in right? Lets say they have a billion dollar tv deal. They will recieve 1 billion dollars no matter what. They wont get less for crappy ratings, and they wont get a red cent more for better ratings.

Yeah ok. Even if that was true, you can honestly say the league wouldn't beneficit of some sort from the glitzy lakers making the playoff over the lowly jazz???? Didn't think so..

Monta is beast
04-13-2013, 03:25 PM

You think the Warriors haven't had injuries aha? Bogut missed half the season (our starting center), we haven't had our 6th man all year, so na your right we've been injury free. And ya you guys are 3-1 against us, pretty hard to win playing 8 on 5 though. If you wanna be so much of a homer that you can't admit that you weren't handed that game last night that's on you, I could care less. I'm just saying once you "get in" the playoffs, the NBA aint gonna be helpin you out so much, and yall are gonna look like the sorry *** team that you are.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-13-2013, 03:56 PM
:facepalm: I hate PSD now.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-13-2013, 04:00 PM
How dumb are most of you, The warriors shot long three and jumpers all game, and the Lakers went inside. What do you buffoons expect?

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-13-2013, 04:07 PM

It's called having Dwight Howard/Kobe and Pau on the same team.

ThaDubs
04-13-2013, 04:08 PM
How dumb are most of you, The warriors shot long three and jumpers all game, and the Lakers went inside. What do you buffoons expect?

You guys shot one less 3 than us you ****ing dunce. We made 12 more FG's than you. Keep your virtual mouth shut if you're just going to pull statistics out of your ***. You made 4 more FT's than FG's.

Final score without FT's: 103 - 80

Enemey
04-13-2013, 04:13 PM
The refs are helping the lakers but somehow the Utah Jazz won on the same night? Makes sense.

WITZ
04-13-2013, 04:14 PM
It's not about cutting the Lakers some slack, it's about the Jazz and how they are getting screwed.

They should have had the #8 seed locked up by now instead their likely not even to make it.

Is it really that or the fact that now the suns most likely go from having a 2nd top 14 to getting the last pick in the 1st round?

FYL_McVeezy
04-13-2013, 04:18 PM
If anyone saw this travesty between the Lakers and GSW you know what I'm talking about. This game trumped the 2002 Kings series.

Every time the Lakers drove in all the Warriors had to do was breathe on them and send them to the foul line. Kobe trips over his foot they send him to the foul line. Steph Curry fights through a screen on Howard, they send Blake to the foul line.

It was so biased. I know the NBA wants the Lakers in the playoffs. I want the Lakers in the playoffs, but not like this.

The Warriors played their *** off. They were against 8 men out there and deserved to win. It's games like these where the NBA takes a hit.

I do believe the NBA fixes games.....but this is borderline crying bro

enitialdee
04-13-2013, 04:20 PM
The refs are helping the lakers but somehow the Utah Jazz won on the same night? Makes sense.
They both won, the difference is the laker game it blatantly obviously rigged. Oh btw laker 8th, jazz 9th so it worked out.

Fmaranesi
04-13-2013, 04:32 PM
Ticky tack fouls will always go to the Super Star or the perceived "better" team. The Lakers certainly got the benefit of a lot of the calls but the Warrios didn't do themselves any favors by shooting a lot of jump shots. The Super Star team or player is always going to get more calls go his or their way then the non superstars...its just the way it is....do I think it's right? of course not, but there is just nothing that can be done unless they install an instant reply for every foul call and we all know that's not happening.

Golden State should have driven the ball to the rim a lot more but I also agree that the Lakers got a lot of wishy wash calls go their way and not the Warriors way.

It's the way the NBA is and will always be, make your shots or drive to the rim and hope for better results...

ThaDubs
04-13-2013, 04:36 PM
3-1 and all games seemed pretty easy. :shrug: Warriors might drop down to the 8 spot after having one of their better years in recent memory. lol

All games seemed pretty easy? We're a better team and it's not close. Your team is already **** but ******** without Kobe. First game was probably easy. You were getting whooped 2nd game then we became sluggish in the last quarter, 3rd game you got your *** handed to you, and 4th game the box score w/o your 50 FT's was 103 to 80. Season series should be 3-1 in our favor. 2nd game we outplayed you til the end and yesterday was just bogus. You guys aren't even making the playoffs and you're trying to tell me you're the better team? gtfo

numba1CHANGsta
04-13-2013, 04:45 PM
If the game was rigged, Kobe would have never gotten injured

ThaDubs
04-13-2013, 04:48 PM
If the game was rigged, Kobe would have never gotten injured

hahaha what???

lol, please
04-13-2013, 04:49 PM
You think the Warriors haven't had injuries aha? Bogut missed half the season (our starting center), we haven't had our 6th man all year, so na your right we've been injury free. And ya you guys are 3-1 against us, pretty hard to win playing 8 on 5 though. If you wanna be so much of a homer that you can't admit that you weren't handed that game last night that's on you, I could care less. I'm just saying once you "get in" the playoffs, the NBA aint gonna be helpin you out so much, and yall are gonna look like the sorry *** team that you are.

You guys shot one less 3 than us you ****ing dunce. We made 12 more FG's than you. Keep your virtual mouth shut if you're just going to pull statistics out of your ***. You made 4 more FT's than FG's.

Final score without FT's: 103 - 80
:clap:

lol, please
04-13-2013, 04:50 PM
All games seemed pretty easy? We're a better team and it's not close. Your team is already **** but ******** without Kobe. First game was probably easy. You were getting whooped 2nd game then we became sluggish in the last quarter, 3rd game you got your *** handed to you, and 4th game the box score w/o your 50 FT's was 103 to 80. Season series should be 3-1 in our favor. 2nd game we outplayed you til the end and yesterday was just bogus. You guys aren't even making the playoffs and you're trying to tell me you're the better team? gtfoGet 'em Dubs!

Randy West
04-13-2013, 04:53 PM
You have the commish of the league on record saying he wished the Lakers could play the Lakers in the final every year..........but no way any Lakers bias from the league or officials just no way lol

enitialdee
04-13-2013, 05:02 PM
You have the commish of the league on record saying he wished the Lakers could play the Lakers in the final every year..........but no way any Lakers bias from the league or officials just no way lol
Totally agree, ^^^^^^^^^ that should end the discussion right there.

Hopper15
04-13-2013, 05:16 PM

Lakers had 34 free throw disparity last night and only won by 2 points. Yeah that's a huge sign of who was the better team.

ThaDubs
04-13-2013, 05:18 PM

:clap:

cssdmark
04-13-2013, 05:18 PM
I hope the lakers knock off the thunder though and shock the world. I want lakers/Heat for James or Nash to get a ring. To hell with everything else
It does not matter what you want because neither the Heat or LA will be in the finals. Go Knicks.

More-Than-Most
04-13-2013, 05:25 PM
It does not matter what you want because neither the Heat or LA will be in the finals. Go Knicks.

Psh....In Stern I trust :laugh:

BSF101
04-13-2013, 05:26 PM
I didn't watch it, so I can't comment. But lets be serious for a sec is anyone really that surprised? BTW how does a team even get 50 free throws anyways? Never heard such a thing.

More-Than-Most
04-13-2013, 05:44 PM
I didn't watch it, so I can't comment. But lets be serious for a sec is anyone really that surprised? BTW how does a team even get 50 free throws anyways? Never heard such a thing.

Just watch the last 6 minutes of the game. It was hilarious.

gwrighter
04-13-2013, 07:21 PM

Karma's a ***** aint it?

LAKERMANIA
04-13-2013, 07:43 PM
Karma's a ***** aint it?

Be careful now..

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-13-2013, 08:08 PM
Karma's a ***** aint it?

Karma for who?

jerellh528
04-13-2013, 08:12 PM
I need to find a new forum, it's gotten pretty sad how main forum finds any excuse to bash on the lakers. I guess that is expected when a team has been pretty dominant until this season. But as the old saying goes "If you don't have haters, you must not be doing something right."

arkanian215
04-13-2013, 09:21 PM
0a

lol, please
04-13-2013, 11:08 PM
^Which we aren't, which is why this thread exists. I am not sure why Lakers fans get so defensive, I was one too, and probably for longer than most here, and the bias from the officiating was equally hilarious then as it is now. That just shows you, there are fans, and there are "fans". What team you are a fan of should have zero to do with acknowledging when something like this happens. It doesn't matter if it's convenient for you to turn the other way or not.

sneak
04-14-2013, 12:16 AM
This still a hot topic? The only losers are the Jazz. If you are a Laker fan you are one of two things. One, love your team and are blind. Or two, know you get calls and understand and live with it, because it is better for the nba.

I watched the game just to see how big the screwing on the Jazz would be. It was bad. Either that official had money some how on the game or against the Jazz, or he feels he needed to get the Lakers in the playoffs.

Well, good luck getting ratings with out Kobe. The only great player on a bad, WAY over paid team.

THINKBLUE15
04-14-2013, 12:20 AM
Who cares

Aust
04-14-2013, 12:55 AM
Tell me how you really feel

Iron24th
04-14-2013, 01:50 AM

The OP didn't watch the game obviously.

Ha and you'll not get our pick, u mad???

sunsfan88
04-14-2013, 02:08 AM
The OP didn't watch the game obviously.

Ha and you'll not get our pick, u mad???
Duh.

True Sports Fan
04-14-2013, 02:20 AM

The Warriors played their *** off. They were against 8 men out there and deserved to win. It's games like these where the NBA takes a hit. This is regular season not playoffs. This literally has no effect on Warriors in the playoffs. Sacramento could've brought a championship to Sacramento. This isn't the same case. Not even close. Even fouled out Webber Divac pollard to the point we had to play our sf on Shaq. And most of the fouls were ******** if you review them. And don't forget Mike Bibby fouling Kobe's nose. So um yea this nowhere near matches the Western Conference Finals in 2002

ThaDubs
04-14-2013, 02:25 AM
This is regular season not playoffs. This literally has no effect on Warriors in the playoffs. Sacramento could've brought a championship to Sacramento. This isn't the same case. Not even close. Even fouled out Webber Divac pollard to the point we had to play our sf on Shaq. And most of the fouls were ******** if you review them. And don't forget Mike Bibby fouling Kobe's nose. So um yea this nowhere near matches the Western Conference Finals in 2002

This had nothing to do with the playoffs? If the rockets had won their game that day we would have slipped to 7th.

True Sports Fan
04-14-2013, 02:32 AM
This is regular season not playoffs. This literally has no effect on Warriors in the playoffs. Sacramento could've brought a championship to Sacramento. This isn't the same case. Not even close. Even fouled out Webber Divac pollard to the point we had to play our sf on Shaq. And most of the fouls were ******** if you review them. And don't forget Mike Bibby fouling Kobe's nose. So um yea this nowhere near matches the Western Conference Finals in 2002

This had nothing to do with the playoffs? If the rockets had won their game that day we would have slipped to 7th. Still doesn't eliminate Warriors from the playoffs. This is nowhere near as bad as 2002. 2002 took what should be rightfully in Sacramento all because Stern can't stop catering to big market teams.

SouthSideRookie
04-14-2013, 02:35 AM
^Which we aren't, which is why this thread exists. I am not sure why Lakers fans get so defensive, I was one too, and probably for longer than most here, and the bias from the officiating was equally hilarious then as it is now. That just shows you, there are fans, and there are "fans". What team you are a fan of should have zero to do with acknowledging when something like this happens. It doesn't matter if it's convenient for you to turn the other way or not.
I don't like the Warriors coach and some of their players. In fact I was rooting for the Lakers in this particular game knowing that with a GS loss it would still leave the possibilty of Houston grabbing the sixth seed. Having said that I was absolutely disgusted with the officiating in this game, especially in the fourth quarter.

This still a hot topic? The only losers are the Jazz. If you are a Laker fan you are one of two things. One, love your team and are blind. Or two, know you get calls and understand and live with it, because it is better for the nba.

I watched the game just to see how big the screwing on the Jazz would be. It was bad. Either that official had money some how on the game or against the Jazz, or he feels he needed to get the Lakers in the playoffs.

Well, good luck getting ratings with out Kobe. The only great player on a bad, WAY over paid team.

Funny how the Jazz got a grand total of 7 free throws against the same Warriors team just this past Sunday. Then there's the FT comparison between LA and Utah during the past ten games.

http://www.imagegainer.com/images/momason92/download5.png

ThaDubs
04-14-2013, 02:44 AM
Still doesn't eliminate Warriors from the playoffs. This is nowhere near as bad as 2002. 2002 took what should be rightfully in Sacramento all because Stern can't stop catering to big market teams.

Yeah but it pisses me off. We both know that game was rigged heavily. This was an important game because we definitely don't want to face OKC or Spurs in the first round and we need to stay in 6th seed. Also our best player has now had games with 54, 47, and 38 points thing season. All loses. It could be getting to his head that we lose when he scores big (even though I don't think that's why we even lost those games).

XerxestheGreat
04-14-2013, 02:49 AM
Yup it's rigged! Get used to it. Sucks for your teams... :)

Until your puny little teams are forced to pay unfair percentage towards revenue sharing to help maintain teams that shouldn't exist, you can suck it the big Purple and Gold.

lol, please
04-14-2013, 03:02 AM

Until your puny little teams are forced to pay unfair percentage towards revenue sharing to help maintain teams that shouldn't exist, you can suck it the big Purple and Gold.
:sleep:

ThaDubs
04-14-2013, 04:05 AM

^

sneak
04-14-2013, 04:06 AM
Yo south side rook, nice that you brought up that game. Like I said,this was not s hit on the Warriors. They just got caught in the drive by. But the real target was hit. But hey, the league eeds money. L.a. in the playoffs give them that.

sneak
04-14-2013, 04:08 AM

Well the man is everything wrong with pro sports. But he is right at the same time. And he is not blind. And he is honest. It's a fresh take really.

ThaDubs
04-14-2013, 04:15 AM
Well the man is everything wrong with pro sports. But he is right at the same time. And he is not blind. And he is honest. It's a fresh take really.

Go home you're drunk

sunsfan88
04-14-2013, 04:17 AM
Here are some facts about the 2013 Lakers FTA advantage since March.

21 games is not a small sample size. It is a quarter of a season worth of games.

1. They have shot an avg of 12.4 more FTA per game than the opposition.
2. No team in NBA history has ever averaged that more FTA per game over an 82 game season. Basically since the beginning of March the 2013 LAL, a team stuck around .50, has been the greatest team in NBA history at drawing a free throw advantage.
3. Teams playing LAL has shot 5.36 less FTA than their season average.
4. They have shot under their seasonal FTA in 19 of 21 games.

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-14-2013, 05:49 AM
Lets see...
Starters
Dwight Howard- Off back surgery, tears labrum in right shoulder
Pau Gasol- Tears plantar fascia in right foot
Metta Peace- Torn lateral meniscus in his left knee
Kobe Bryany- Ruptured Achilles
Steve Nash- Broken leg, pulled hamstring

Bench
Steve Blake- Abdominal tear
Jordan Hill- Torn labrum in left hip

Coach
Mike D'Antoni- Knee surgery and mental retardation

Owner
Jerry Buss Dies

All that and they still have a chance for the 6th spot and are 5 games above 500 in the west. Even when things go terrible they are still doing great!!! I love the Lakers

KingPosey
04-14-2013, 05:57 AM
It's not even ****ing close to the 02 WCF, give me a break

zn23
04-14-2013, 02:31 PM

excellent response

ThaDubs
04-14-2013, 03:26 PM

21 games is not a small sample size. It is a quarter of a season worth of games.

2. No team in NBA history has ever averaged that more FTA per game over an 82 game season. Basically since the beginning of March the 2013 LAL, a team stuck around .50, has been the greatest team in NBA history at drawing a free throw advantage.

Everyone please read this ^^^

ThaDubs
04-14-2013, 03:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RghqDTFMNdQ

Everybody PLEASE watch this. You'll see how rigged this **** really was.

ThunderousDemon
04-14-2013, 03:37 PM

Everybody PLEASE watch this. You'll see how rigged this **** really was.

Praise the lord!

You see this my brothers, this is it what happens when you accept David Stern as your lord and savior.

Glory to David Stern!

ThaDubs
04-14-2013, 03:40 PM
Praise the lord!

You see this my brothers, this is it what happens when you accept David Stern as your lord and savior.

Glory to David Stern!

You think he makes first team all-earlobes this year?
Or second team?

ThunderousDemon
04-14-2013, 03:44 PM
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares David Stern, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

amos1er
04-14-2013, 03:51 PM
I don't understand the problem. Seems legit. Like Lakers were 27 FTA per game and 2nd in the league up until 21 Mar 13.

Jazz were 24 FTA per game and 10th in the league up until 21 Mar 13.

Since 21 Mar 13 Lakers have been no.1 with 30FTA per game, Jazz dead last with 16 FTA per game.

amos1er
04-14-2013, 04:08 PM

You don't think the Dwight Howard Orlando game where they pulled the "Hack a Dwight" the entire game helped to make that 12.4 average? Why don't you calculate the disparity without that game and see what you get. I can guarantee that it wouldn't be the "NBA record" you claim it to be. Kind of odd that you are using a 21 sample size and comparing it to a 82 game season record anyways.

mngopher35
04-14-2013, 04:41 PM
You don't think the Dwight Howard Orlando game where they pulled the "Hack a Dwight" the entire game helped to make that 12.4 average? Why don't you calculate the disparity without that game and see what you get. I can guarantee that it wouldn't be the "NBA record" you claim it to be. Kind of odd that you are using a 21 sample size and comparing it to a 82 game season record anyways.

I am not someone who blames refs a lot or thinks that there is some conspiracy etc. I do want to point out that he is using the 21 game sample size because that is probably about when he feels the lakers started to really receive the extra help. The lakers are averaging more ft's and their opponents less in this very important stretch before the playoffs (and opposite for utah). For how often I see you using refs as a way to discredit other teams and players you can't honestly say this isn't the same type of scenario or worse?

Monta is beast
04-14-2013, 05:31 PM
This thread, Lakers fans denying the obvious, every single other person, trying to convince them lol

Monta is beast
04-14-2013, 05:32 PM
Convincing a Lakers fan that there being handed a playoff spot just aint gonna happen

AIRMAR72
04-14-2013, 05:39 PM

The Warriors played their *** off. They were against 8 men out there and deserved to win. It's games like these where the NBA takes a hit.it was the same thing when they beated boston couple yrs back to win the championship

ThaDubs
04-14-2013, 05:40 PM

Watch this video man :facepalm:

Jumba
04-14-2013, 06:31 PM
So your saying my Jazz dont have a chance :(

Tony_Starks
04-14-2013, 06:56 PM
So the nba loves the Lakers so much they have cheated to make them the overwhelming success of barely making the 8 spot.

Good to know! Maybe they'll put them in the finals next and magically heal Kobe to face Lebron. I mean if we're writing scripts that's the perfect ending right?

goingfor28
04-14-2013, 07:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RghqDTFMNdQ&feature=youtu.be

OP is 100% correct. this was absolutely unreal

goingfor28
04-14-2013, 07:03 PM

Watch this video man :facepalm:

ha i just posted that too. unreal

valade16
04-14-2013, 07:21 PM
So the nba loves the Lakers so much they have cheated to make them the overwhelming success of barely making the 8 spot.

Good to know! Maybe they'll put them in the finals next and magically heal Kobe to face Lebron. I mean if we're writing scripts that's the perfect ending right?

The fallacy here should be obvious. The NBA (as did EVERYBODY) thought the Lakers were going to be excellent. Now that they haven't been the NBA realized they might actually miss the playoffs, and are doing something to prevent that from happening.

lol, please
04-14-2013, 07:49 PM
Which they shouldn't. The chances should be equal.

Tony_Starks
04-14-2013, 07:57 PM
The fallacy here should be obvious. The NBA (as did EVERYBODY) thought the Lakers were going to be excellent. Now that they haven't been the NBA realized they might actually miss the playoffs, and are doing something to prevent that from happening.

The nba didn't force them to do hack a Dwight and didn't make his FT for him. The nba didn't make Kobe play out of this world and start raining 3's. They didn't force Golden State to jack up jumpers instead of going to the rack. They didn't make Jack choke and step out of bounds. Didn't force them to give it to the great shooter that is Landry to take a jumper at a critical junction in the game.

They lost fair and square, suck it up. Lakers have been one of the best teams in the league since allstar break.

ThaDubs
04-14-2013, 08:09 PM
Man did you watch the game or just YouTube conspiracy clips? They were intentionally fouling him, it's called hack-a-Dwight for a reason. Just so happens he made his free throws, he misses we lose that simple.

You're so in denial it's almost cute.

Hawkeye15
04-14-2013, 10:53 PM
every game my puppies played.

SugeKnight
04-14-2013, 11:41 PM
Still mad they cost us the 6th seed

3RDASYSTEM
04-14-2013, 11:58 PM
Its funny how all this is coming around

LA even had a all star starter but was runner up 6th man that same year(now that's some serious hype), all past reigning 6th man of yr winners are highly upset because most didn't make a allstar reserve selection, let alone starting 5

and now he's a top 5 player ever(greatest story in sports history), its not hard to imagine LA getting a lot of rigged rings, they have 16 or something like that and legendary HOF'ers and retired jerseys in droves right?

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-15-2013, 12:11 AM
It was the most rigged game in history until tonight. Rigged

JJ_JKidd
04-15-2013, 12:20 AM

A sensible post finally

DaLakerz Rulz
04-15-2013, 12:20 AM

Each game is going to be rigged more and more until the Lakers face the Heat in the playoffs. It is going to be so one-sided in the finals, the false King won't even stand a chance.

Tony_Starks
04-15-2013, 12:33 AM

The next game against Houston will be the grand daddy of them all. I heard Stern isn't even leaving it to chance, he's throwing on one if those Mission Impossible masks and reffing the game himself!

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-15-2013, 12:38 AM
Each game is going to be rigged more and more until the Lakers face the Heat in the playoffs. It is going to be so one-sided in the finals, the false King won't even stand a chance.

The next game against Houston will be the grand daddy of them all. I heard Stern isn't even leaving it to chance, he's throwing on one if those Mission Impossible masks and reffing the game himself!

LMAO

http://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/w592/scrbobby/nerds_zps8f40ac2e.jpg (http://s1331.photobucket.com/user/scrbobby/media/nerds_zps8f40ac2e.jpg.html)

WITZ
04-15-2013, 02:30 AM

Your sig :laugh: Props to Kobe for being a man and walking off.

lol, please
04-15-2013, 04:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG--YA80FsE

zn23
04-15-2013, 04:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG--YA80FsE

Great post.

I love how you posted it right after the passive-aggressive responses by the Lakers fans who are clearly in huge denial.

thenaj17
04-15-2013, 06:04 AM

Are the mods going to ban this cr@p?

Lakers had so many more free throws because Warriors were hacking every time Lakers attacked. Dwight had a ton of FT's because Warriors weren't letting him score inside and KObe was getting battered every time he attacked the basket.

The only questionable 1 was where Curry fouled Dwight and Blake took the FT's instead
...but it was a foul either way

SouthSideRookie
04-15-2013, 10:32 AM
Great post.

I love how you posted it right after the passive-aggressive responses by the Lakers fans who are clearly in huge denial.

Was Dwight out of bounds, I couldn't really tell :laugh2:

JordansBulls
04-15-2013, 10:45 AM

Still makes a OKC vs LAL a great series on paper. Do you really want to see Utah play them?

ThaDubs
04-15-2013, 10:53 AM

Lakers had so many more free throws because Warriors were hacking every time Lakers attacked. Dwight had a ton of FT's because Warriors weren't letting him score inside and KObe was getting battered every time he attacked the basket.

The only questionable 1 was where Curry fouled Dwight and Blake took the FT's instead

Please... WATCH THE VIDEO, YOU ARE IN DENIAL

TrueFan420
04-15-2013, 12:49 PM

Really that's the only questionable call... Hahah. Don't be a tosser watch the video.

JiffyMix88
04-15-2013, 01:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIhRES3uW4w

Terrible calls

DirkDiggler6
04-15-2013, 02:32 PM
This has been happening for years. Why are you all astonished when the lakers recieve the helping hand from upstairs

SoFreshNsoClean
04-15-2013, 02:58 PM
Theres nothing wrong whatsoever with NBA officiating. Every game in both regular season and playoffs is officiated with the upmost accuracy and attention to detail ensuring every team gets a fair shake. Anyone who thinks the refs have a slight bias towards a specific team or missed key calls down the stretch is clearly a Laker hater and jealous of their 16 championship rings and Kobe. Nothing to see here move along

sneak
04-15-2013, 02:58 PM
This has been happening for years. Why are you all astonished when the lakers recieve the helping hand from upstairs

Not years, decades! I used to watch every game. I was young then. Then I saw the worst screw job in history. And my innocence was shattered! Then I swore I would never watch another team that my team was not playing. I refused to give the machine my ratings. And my love for the nba changed. Only recently have I started watching the nba again. Not a lot has changed.

But to real, what are the Jazz going to do in the playoffs? Who is going to watch them? I say if they where the victim, just to have l.a. in the playoffs. Ohwww well. The sheep got sacrificed. I just would hate to see bad officiating in the playoffs.

He115ing
04-15-2013, 03:29 PM
Makes you wonder about the legitimacy and integrity of the NBA...

still1ballin
04-15-2013, 03:36 PM
2002 Game 6 WCF
2006 NBA finals (The whole series)
2008 NBA finals Game 2

krisxsong
04-15-2013, 03:51 PM
Most rigged? LOL this thread is so stupid.

So some games are a little rigged, and some games are rigged more than others?

Is there a level to how rigged it is?

I don't think people understand what it means when a game is rigged.

A team is getting no calls while the other team is getting all the calls in the world. The team that was getting no calls ends up winning, but people still say it was rigged and I know ALL of you have thought that way about a game before because almost everybody has. If it were rigged, do you guys think they would let the team with the unfair advantage win? What's the point of rigging the game for team A if you let team B win?

zn23
04-15-2013, 04:09 PM

Terrible calls

I love the top comment " I fouled Kobe twice by watching this"

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-15-2013, 05:19 PM

Terrible calls

How about the W's fans point out which fouls they did not like. I can see a couple bad calls.

4 Fouls out of all those against the Warriors did seem bad. The others looked like they would be legit. I would like to see other angles.

flea
04-15-2013, 05:54 PM
How about the W's fans point out which fouls they did not like. I can see a couple bad calls.

4 Fouls out of all those against the Warriors did seem bad. The others looked like they would be legit. I would like to see other angles.
Nobody is saying NBA officiating is at all competent. It's a bunch of geriatrics with failing eyesight and bodies. What everyone here is recognizing is that in addition to being terrible at their jobs, they're rigging the games at the behest of Stern because he thinks it will improve his product.