PDA

View Full Version : Do you think LeBron is doping?

AI
04-11-2013, 04:09 PM
I was having a recent debate with a few friends over whether LeBron is taking steroids or not, and I would like to see what you guys think.

It's already been reported before that LeBron had a benign growth surgically removed from his jaw.

The most common disease of GH excess is a pituitary tumor composed of somatotroph cells of the anterior pituitary. These somatotroph adenomas are benign and grow slowly, gradually producing more and more GH. For years, the principal clinical problems are those of GH excess. Eventually the adenoma may become large enough to cause headaches, impair vision by pressure on the optic nerves, or cause deficiency of other pituitary hormones by displacement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growth_hormone

Some other known side effects of human growth hormone and steroids are an enlarged jaw bone and forehead, both of which appear to have enlarged over the course of his career (his hairline couldn't keep up with his forehead).

flea
04-11-2013, 04:13 PM
I'm fairly certain that many players in the NBA take substances that are banned by the NFL and especially the MLB. Anabolic steroids though? I doubt it.

QueensG_718
04-11-2013, 04:15 PM
Then wades doping too because he looks like an overgrown chipmunk

Captain Moroni
04-11-2013, 04:20 PM
I'm not a Lebron fan but this thread is just stupid. Can't the guy just be good?

OceanSpray
04-11-2013, 04:21 PM
Yeah, LeBron has been taking banned substances since he was 16.. Hey, since we're talking about how good he is because of enhancements, Shaq and Wilt must've took banned substances as well, huh?

GiantsSwaGG
04-11-2013, 04:24 PM
His hairline doesn't make his claim any better.

AI
04-11-2013, 04:26 PM
Yeah, LeBron has been taking banned substances since he was 16.. Hey, since we're talking about how good he is because of enhancements, Shaq and Wilt must've took banned substances as well, huh?

Not once did I mention how good he is. I did in fact present that he had a benign growth surgically removed which is common for people taking growth hormones, his jaw/forehead have gotten bigger every year (hell his head is so big that it's Lebron James bobblehead night everytime he plays), losing his hair at such a young age and he was recently linked to the Miami Clinic scandal.

MaloDaw9
04-11-2013, 04:26 PM
^Or his back acne

ManRam
04-11-2013, 04:28 PM
i am very curious what all you doctors here at PSD have to say!

OceanSpray
04-11-2013, 04:31 PM
Not once did I mention how good he is. I did in fact present that he had a benign growth surgically removed which is common for people taking growth hormones, his jaw/forehead have gotten bigger every year (hell his head is so big that it's Lebron James bobblehead night everytime he plays), losing his hair at such a young age and he was recently linked to the Miami Clinic scandal.

You implied that he's this good because of steroids, no? Even if you didn't imply it, LeBron would be a nobody if he wasn't this good. He's getting called out for steroids because haters like yourself (you argue for Melo being MVP and thus biased) need something to justify why LeBron is great. LeBron came out of high school as 6"8 and 230-240. Once again, ever since high school, he's been huge. Prospects suggested LeBron could've been first pick had he left junior year as well. Are you saying he's been taking banned substances since his sophomore years? Give me a break. Shaq was even more imposing in terms of physicality. Has he been caught yet?

ATX
04-11-2013, 04:31 PM
Trolls will stoop to any level. He's balling out of control and they know it, but can't just admit he's the best player in the league, so it's got to be cheating right? So pathetic...How many times are we going to keep creating the exact same thread? This has got to be the 4th or 5th since the All Star Break. Is there a single shred of evidence for this? No. Pathetic, and the hairline jokes? That just goes to show how low you will stoop to bash someone that like 40% of Men suffer from.

Kid Fabulous
04-11-2013, 04:34 PM
He does kinda look like Ken Griffey Jr from that Simpsons softball episode, but his head, like his talent, is god given

Down with dope, Up with hope!

jgthegame1982
04-11-2013, 04:36 PM
Possible..

TestedWest
04-11-2013, 04:37 PM
Trolls will stoop to any level. He's balling out of control and they know it, but can't just admit he's the best player in the league, so it's got to be cheating right? So pathetic...How many times are we going to keep creating the exact same thread? This has got to be the 4th or 5th since the All Star Break. Is there a single shred of evidence for this? No. Pathetic, and the hairline jokes? That just goes to show how low you will stoop to bash someone that like 40% of Men suffer from.

Well said...

AI
04-11-2013, 04:41 PM
You implied that he's this good because of steroids, no? Even if you didn't imply it, LeBron would be a nobody if he wasn't this good. He's getting called out for steroids because haters like yourself (you argue for Melo being MVP and thus biased) need something to justify why LeBron is great. LeBron came out of high school as 6"8 and 230-240. Once again, ever since high school, he's been huge. Prospects suggested LeBron could've been first pick had he left junior year as well. Are you saying he's been taking banned substances since his sophomore years? Give me a break. Shaq was even more imposing in terms of physicality. Has he been caught yet?

Once again I didn't imply anything nor have I talked about his "play", was only talking about him taking steroids or not, so your accusations hold no weight. Obviously the things I've posted so far go right over your head due to your bias towards the subject.

For the record, Not once have I said that Melo is the MVP, I have however said that he is a top 3 candidate. Feel free to look up my post history and provide the link to the post(s) where I have said that Melo is the MVP. I'll wait. ;)

MaloDaw9
04-11-2013, 04:44 PM

Just stop already.. Jeez, defending another grown man like he's your girl. You really think most these guys aren't doping? Tell me, what color is the sky on your planet?

Yes Lebron, your deity is amazing and balling out of control. That does not explain the chin growth removal,the horrible back acne, the HUGE ****ing head.. It's not just the hairline pal..

ManRam
04-11-2013, 04:44 PM
it's certainly possible, but even if it's clear that even if he is doping, he started off with an advantage over everyone else anyways. why single him out though? is a thread on dwight doping thread-worthy? is a thread on kobe doping thread-worthy? is a thread on blake doping thread-worthy?

i don't know? there's no one in the league that a positive test would be a surprise to me. literally no one. if baseball has proven anything it's that the scrubs are doping as much as the studs.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-11-2013, 04:52 PM
I'm fairly certain that many players in the NBA take substances that are banned by the NFL and especially the MLB. Anabolic steroids though? I doubt it.

This 100 percent. I don't think Lebron is on super roids, but it's almost a guarantee that Lebron and many other players for the matter are on something banned.

Hawkeye15
04-11-2013, 04:53 PM
no clue. I will say, he was huge at age 16, 6'6", 220 lbs already (basically Kobe's size now at age 16), so him becoming a huge man doesn't surprise me.

Regarding the issue of PED's in basketball, people would have to be stupid if they thought they weren't being used. Didn't Artest just come back in 12 days from an injury that doctors said would be 4-6 weeks? HGH anyone...

Hawkeye15
04-11-2013, 04:54 PM
This 100 percent. I don't think Lebron is on super roids, but it's almost a guarantee that Lebron and many other players for the matter are on something banned.

How does Kobe heal quickly, and play through injuries? How does Dirk get back so quickly? There are countless suspicious events every year in the NBA.

Hawkeye15
04-11-2013, 04:55 PM
it's certainly possible, but even if it's clear that even if he is doping, he started off with an advantage over everyone else anyways. why single him out though? is a thread on dwight doping thread-worthy? is a thread on kobe doping thread-worthy? is a thread on blake doping thread-worthy?

i don't know? there's no one in the league that a positive test would be a surprise to me. literally no one. if baseball has proven anything it's that the scrubs are doping as much as the studs.

You know the answer to that. A) He is Bron, people either hate him or like him. B) He is a monster, nothing like him has been seen before.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-11-2013, 04:56 PM
Just stop already.. Jeez, defending another grown man like he's your girl. You really think most these guys aren't doping? Tell me, what color is the sky on your planet?

Yes Lebron, your deity is amazing and balling out of control. That does not explain the chin growth removal,the horrible back acne, the HUGE ****ing head.. It's not just the hairline pal..
:burn: :clap:

TmacBryant
04-11-2013, 04:58 PM
How does Kobe heal quickly, and play through injuries? How does Dirk get back so quickly? There are countless suspicious events every year in the NBA.

German re-engineering ofc.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-11-2013, 04:58 PM
no clue. I will say, he was huge at age 16, 6'6", 220 lbs already (basically Kobe's size now at age 16), so him becoming a huge man doesn't surprise me.

Regarding the issue of PED's in basketball, people would have to be stupid if they thought they weren't being used. Didn't Artest just come back in 12 days from an injury that doctors said would be 4-6 weeks? HGH anyone...

Spot on.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-11-2013, 04:59 PM

I'm 100 percent convinced superstars get away with it, becuase if they got caught it would ruin the nba.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-11-2013, 05:01 PM
Off-topic, unnecessary thread.