PDA

View Full Version : Line of the night: March 10th

JasonJohnHorn
04-11-2013, 10:04 AM
The Big 3 all say, but the Heat still managed a win over the Wizards. The Kings beat the Hornets. The Lakers put a little distance between themselves and the Jazz with a win over the Trailblazers. The Hawks blew out Philly. The Magic almost had two players post 30/20 games with an OT win over the Bucks. The T-Wolves fell to the Clippers. Pop gave Duncan less than 27 minutes of playing time as a short-handed Spurs roster fell to the Nuggets. Iggy recorded a triple-double. There were some scraggly beards in Dallas last night that were one win away from being shaven off. You’d think a home game against the Suns would have allowed them to finally reach .500, but the Mavs fell and the beards stayed for at least two more games. Detroit beat the Cavs as Drummond score a career high 29 points! And BK beat Boston.

NYKnickFanatic
04-11-2013, 10:18 AM
Wow, this is such a tough one. Amazing stats from everyone. Hard to choose.

RipCity32
04-11-2013, 10:59 AM
A lot of young players went off last night.Seeing as Drummond is not a option Give me Henson and that crazy stat line.

Tysons_Beard
04-11-2013, 11:20 AM
........april 10th

b@llhog24
04-11-2013, 11:54 AM
Vucevic

ManRam
04-11-2013, 12:27 PM
tough. but i went the homer route for the third time this year.

iggy is last. i'm amazed people have voted for him.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-11-2013, 12:29 PM
Kobe without a doubt. Taking how important the game was, Kobe's game dwarfs any other on that list.

nickdymez
04-11-2013, 12:33 PM
Kobe without a doubt. Taking how important the game was, Kobe's game dwarfs any other on that list.

lmao. I just realized that someone wrote that they would rather have Tony Allen then Kobe Bryant.

Anyway, I was going to go with lilard, but since somone in the other thread reminded me that this was Kobe's "Game of his career", I went with Kobe.

ManRam
04-11-2013, 01:04 PM
lmao. I just realized that someone wrote that they would rather have Tony Allen then Kobe Bryant.

Anyway, I was going to go with lilard, but since somone in the other thread reminded me that this was Kobe's "Game of his career", I went with Kobe.

why would you pick lillard? in no way shape or form was he better than kobe.

it was between vucci and kobe for me.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-11-2013, 01:20 PM

Come on Manram, there is still room on the Laker bus, hop on board.

LAKobeBryant
04-11-2013, 01:33 PM
Why are you guys choosing Vucevic, he had basically same stats as Harris and he hit the game tying 3 last name to get them a W.

nickdymez
04-11-2013, 01:45 PM

Because i put things into perspective

ManRam
04-11-2013, 02:33 PM
Because i put things into perspective

what perspective has you thinking lillard had a better game than kobe? i see none of it. kobe was more efficient, hit bigger shots, had 7 more rebounds and 4 fewer assists, as well as three steals and FOUR blocks. only one TO too.

be your usual homer self man! vote kobe! not to mention, kobe was going against somewhat of a decent defender most of the time, and lillard was going against steve blake.

Why are you guys choosing Vucevic, he had basically same stats as Harris and he hit the game tying 3 last name to get them a W.

fair question. harris had the tying shot, but vucci had 6 big points down the stretch as well. probably equally important. harris' bucket was huge, but as a statline, vucci's steal and blocks won me over. also, magic players rarely make this list so unless it's glaringly wrong i exercise my right to be a homer.

PleaseBeNice
04-11-2013, 02:33 PM
gotta be kobe

mightybosstone
04-11-2013, 02:41 PM
It's definitely between Vucevic, Kobe and Henson for me. Shockingly, Kobe was the player with the best scoring efficiency and who turned the ball over only once all night. When you consider his crazy efficiency and the fact that the Lakers absolutely had to have that win last night, I'm going with the Black Mamba (probably the first time I've ever written that phrase on PSD).

nickdymez
04-11-2013, 02:42 PM
what perspective has you thinking lillard had a better game than kobe? i see none of it. kobe was more efficient, hit bigger shots, had 7 more rebounds and 4 fewer assists, as well as three steals and FOUR blocks. only one TO too.

be your usual homer self man! vote kobe! not to mention, kobe was going against somewhat of a decent defender most of the time, and lillard was going against steve blake.

fair question. harris had the tying shot, but vucci had 6 big points down the stretch as well. probably equally important. harris' bucket was huge, but as a statline, vucci's steal and blocks won me over. also, magic players rarely make this list so unless it's glaringly wrong i exercise my right to be a homer.

Lillard is a rookie playing in a big game against a team that is desperate and full of Vets playing for their playoff lives. I dont care who was guarding him

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-11-2013, 03:49 PM
[QUOTE=ManRamForPrez24;25883644]what perspective has you thinking lillard had a better game than kobe? i see none of it. kobe was more efficient, hit bigger shots, had 7 more rebounds and 4 fewer assists, as well as three steals and FOUR blocks. only one TO too.

You would make a good Laker fan, You coming aboard yet?

ManRam
04-11-2013, 03:49 PM
Lillard is a rookie playing in a big game against a team that is desperate and full of Vets playing for their playoff lives. I dont care who was guarding him

and kobe is a fossil who is fighting desperately for his team's playoff life...and had a FAR superior game.

you said "i put things in to perspective". perspective certainly includes things like steve blake being a ghost on defense. and you can't seriously act like that game meant more to the blazers than the lakers.

this is a fun argument!

nickdymez
04-11-2013, 03:50 PM
and kobe is a fossil who is fighting desperately for his team's playoff life...and had a FAR superior game.

you said "i put things in to perspective". perspective certainly includes things like steve blake being a ghost on defense. and you can't seriously act like that game meant more to the blazers than the lakers.

this is a fun argument!

Do players typically average lilards line when steve blake is guarding them?

JasonJohnHorn
04-11-2013, 03:54 PM
I don't even see who is arguing for Lillard... nobody even voted for him? lol

ManRam
04-11-2013, 03:56 PM
You would make a good Laker fan, You coming aboard yet?

i'm fine not being a laker fan. i'm also fine with being reasonable. kobe had the most impressive game last night, ESPECIALLY when you "put things in to perspective". i've actually enjoyed kobe a tremendous amount this year. i'm trying to take the stance of "just enjoy", especially with kobe who doesn't have too many years left.

i'm rooting for the lakers to make the playoffs :shrug: i don't like them, but a thunder/spurs vs. lakers first round series is far more exciting than the jazz being there instead. i'm a basketball fan first, a laker hater last.

nickdymez
04-11-2013, 04:02 PM
i'm fine not being a laker fan. i'm also fine with being reasonable. kobe had the most impressive game last night, ESPECIALLY when you "put things in to perspective". i've actually enjoyed kobe a tremendous amount this year. i'm trying to take the stance of "just enjoy", especially with kobe who doesn't have too many years left.

i'm rooting for the lakers to make the playoffs :shrug: i don't like them, but a thunder/spurs vs. lakers first round series is far more exciting than the jazz being there instead. i'm a basketball fan first, a laker hater last.

You know what the funny thing is about perspective?

mightybosstone
04-11-2013, 04:13 PM

That you have none. :shrug:

nickdymez
04-11-2013, 04:19 PM
That you have none. :shrug:

Why the **** do you keep directing your posts toward me when im paying no ****in attention to you?

ManRam
04-11-2013, 04:23 PM
Do players typically average lilards line when steve blake is guarding them?

do players typically average kobe's line when [insert whoever guarded him] is guarding them?

per 48 minutes point guards average 23/10/5 on 51.4% shooting against blake (according to 82games). so yeah, lillard had a HUGE game.

kobe's was huger.

why are we arguing this?

i feel dirty.

ManRam
04-11-2013, 04:24 PM

is that we all perceive it differently?

i just don't see how you can say that game was more important for portland or anything like that, and have that justify a less impressive game statistically being more impressive magically.

nickdymez
04-11-2013, 04:38 PM
do players typically average kobe's line when [insert whoever guarded him] is guarding them?

per 48 minutes point guards average 23/10/5 on 51.4% shooting against blake (according to 82games). so yeah, lillard had a HUGE game.

kobe's was huger.

why are we arguing this?

i feel dirty.

lol, Honestly my first post in this thread was sheer sarcasm, but you came along and made it fun. Kobe's game was sick, but I was really impressed with Lilard as a rookie man. He's gonna be special. But as you can see, I voted for Kobe.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-11-2013, 08:55 PM

i'm rooting for the lakers to make the playoffs :shrug: i don't like them, but a thunder/spurs vs. lakers first round series is far more exciting than the jazz being there instead. I'm a basketball fan first, a laker hater last.

Well cheers to you sir, even though You're about even when it comes to your last sentence :P

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-11-2013, 08:56 PM

kobe's was huger.

why are we arguing this?

i feel dirty.

Lmao. Did you guys switch account for the day?