PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Who's the NBA Cinderella?

eternal slumber
04-11-2013, 09:20 AM
Boston Celtics

Houston Rockets

Denver Nuggets

Brooklyn Nets

Nobody

FYL_McVeezy
04-11-2013, 09:21 AM
I wouldn't consider the Celtics to be a cinderella team....they've been one of the tougher playoff teams since 2008

eternal slumber
04-11-2013, 09:23 AM
I wouldn't consider the Celtics to be a cinderella team....they've been one of the tougher playoff teams since 2008

but they have quite a tough year especially losing Rondo for the season. if Rondo is available, i wouldn't think of them as a cinderella team

He115ing
04-11-2013, 09:25 AM
I would consider the Celtics to be the Old Man and the Sea.

ManningToTyree
04-11-2013, 09:33 AM
There is none. Nuggets are too good to be considered and the rest are not serious threats.

FYL_McVeezy
04-11-2013, 09:40 AM
but they have quite a tough year especially losing Rondo for the season. if Rondo is available, i wouldn't think of them as a cinderella team

True, but they still have KG and Pierce...two players who have been there and done that.

I dont think the Celts are gonna do **** in the playoffs...I just wouldn't go as far as to call them a cinderella...

haggis
04-11-2013, 09:43 AM
'Cinderellas' do not exist in professional sports.

c.c.
04-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Lol Where's the option for the Lakers?

SportsFanatic10
04-11-2013, 02:42 PM
out of the options given i'd say the nuggets. but they're very good and we all know it at this point, so maybe houston. i think they're a little more sneaky good and have lower expectation.

seikou8
04-11-2013, 02:43 PM
knicks

NoahH
04-11-2013, 03:44 PM
Golden State.

Baller1
04-11-2013, 03:46 PM
Houston. Youngest team in the league with rather low expectations.

nickdymez
04-11-2013, 03:48 PM
Nuggets. No one predicted them being this good

Chronz
Houston has the lowest pay roll among any playoff team. Thats my idea of a Cinderella.

Chronz
Nuggets. No one predicted them being this good
Im pretty sure everyone predicted them to be this good.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-11-2013, 03:53 PM
The lakers will be just like the 2012 La Kings. :D

nickdymez
04-11-2013, 03:53 PM

Ok Chronz, everyone picked Denver top 3 in the west.......

shep33
04-11-2013, 04:00 PM
I'm surprised nobody said Chris Bosh yet. Lol, we usually get one of those replies in threads like this. Undeservedly also, dude can ball.

htownlegend
04-11-2013, 07:25 PM
Houston, noone picked us to be in the playoffs this pre-season..

latinofire21
04-11-2013, 07:39 PM
The bucks

THE GIPPER
04-11-2013, 07:42 PM
'Cinderellas' do not exist in professional sports.

Oh they do (See 2012 LA Kings), just not in the NBA.

THE GIPPER
04-11-2013, 07:44 PM
If the Nuggets make any noise at all in the Playoffs with Lawson and Gallinari both injured then I would say they're a Cinderella story, but Im expecting a 1st round exit with those two out.

Chronz
04-11-2013, 07:46 PM

OK Dymez, everyone picked Denver to miss the playoffs.

04-11-2013, 08:08 PM
OK Dymez, everyone picked Denver to miss the playoffs.

obviously thats not what dymez was saying.....

lol, bringing us back to what chromz just said

no chronz, NO-ONE thought denver would be top 3 in the west (top 2 in power rankings), most people assumed them to be another 1st round exit for a large portion of the season (mainly during the first half).

04-11-2013, 08:18 PM
And I think Denver Nuggets are the perfect example of the cinderella of the nba.

Just like cinderella was just a poor cleaner girl with absolutely no apparent chance of meeting her prince charming, denver nuggets are a team with no star players (apparently), with no apparent chance to win the championship (according to media constantly reminding us that you 'can't win championships without a star player'). They represent the philosophy that you don't need star players to win a championship, just team work and all out intensity.

Chronz
04-11-2013, 09:38 PM
Dont meddle in this one guy

no chronz, NO-ONE thought denver would be top 3 in the west (top 2 in power rankings),
Nah, lots of people had high hopes for them, there was even talk of them ending with the best record in the West.

most people assumed them to be another 1st round exit for a large portion of the season (mainly during the first half).

Those people sound ignorant IMO, there was ample evidence of their stature.

mightybosstone
04-11-2013, 09:47 PM
I suppose it depends on your definition of a "Cinderella." If we're talking about a lower seed which upsets someone in the first round and then makes a run at someone in the second, similar to what Memphis did a couple of years ago, I like the Rockets' chances. They've played some very close games with San Antonio this season and they're young enough and streaky enough to put together a run at them. But I do think Denver would make quick work of them in the second round.

The other teams are in very different situations.

Being a 4 seed, the only way we could consider Brooklyn a "Cinderella" would be to knock off Miami. That will not happen, so I don't really think they have a chance in hell.

Denver, as a 3 seed, is damn good. So at the very least they'd have to get to the NBA Finals to be considered a "Cinderella" and quite possibly win it all. Given how well they play at home and how quickly they can put up points on you, I like Denver's chances to come out of the West. I'd say they're the second most likely team to make the Finals behind OKC. But I still don't see them beating a healthy Miami Heat team.

And Boston is in a very unique situation, because no one would be shocked if they somehow upset the Knicks in the first round, even though they're a 7 seed. They've been there, they have all the experience and they can wear you down late in games. To be considered a Cinderella, I think they'd probably have to make the Conference Finals. But I don't see them beating New York AND Indiana without HCA.

GiantsNinersW's
04-11-2013, 09:58 PM
Warriors.

mightybosstone
04-11-2013, 10:02 PM
And I think Denver Nuggets are the perfect example of the cinderella of the nba.

Just like cinderella was just a poor cleaner girl with absolutely no apparent chance of meeting her prince charming, denver nuggets are a team with no star players (apparently), with no apparent chance to win the championship (according to media constantly reminding us that you 'can't win championships without a star player'). They represent the philosophy that you don't need star players to win a championship, just team work and all out intensity.

I'm sorry, but you can't be a Cinderella with the fourth best record in the league and the best home record. And they might not have any "superstars" on that team, but they have some very good, top 50 caliber players: Lawson, Iggy and Gallo (when healthy), for example.

Avenged
04-11-2013, 10:24 PM

lol, bringing us back to what chromz just said

no chronz, NO-ONE thought denver would be top 3 in the west (top 2 in power rankings), most people assumed them to be another 1st round exit for a large portion of the season (mainly during the first half).

Still a possibility.

mdm692
04-11-2013, 10:54 PM
Rockets to the finals :hide:.

Lucky.
04-11-2013, 11:57 PM

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/converse.php?u=194190&u2=185672

10-31-1012

DallasTrilla23
04-12-2013, 07:58 AM
No Lakers?

DirkDiggler6
04-12-2013, 01:17 PM
Id say Chris Bosh

ManRam
04-12-2013, 03:48 PM
LOTS of people predicted the nuggets to have success...including everyone's favorite person to hate when he suggests something that they don't want to hear: john hollinger

http://milehighsports.com/2012/10/09/nuggets-continue-to-generate-lofty-expectations/

the only team i'd be comfortable suggesting has "cinderella" potential right now would be milwaukee. but they have no shot...but if by some science-defying way they actually did, they'd be a "cinderella" i guess.

nickdymez
04-12-2013, 04:35 PM
LOTS of people predicted the nuggets to have success...including everyone's favorite person to hate when he suggests something that they don't want to hear: john hollinger

http://milehighsports.com/2012/10/09/nuggets-continue-to-generate-lofty-expectations/

the only team i'd be comfortable suggesting has "cinderella" potential right now would be milwaukee. but they have no shot...but if by some science-defying way they actually did, they'd be a "cinderella" i guess.

Respected posters always have to stick together on this site. We knew they would be good, but top 3 in the west? Preseason looked like:

SAS
LAL
LAC
OKC
MEM

Thos were the top teams in the west PRESEASON. No one put Denver ahead of any of those teams. And lol@ posting a link to a Denver based news source.